Zoho Invoice

Skyler
Skyler
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Zoho Invoice is the perfect invoicing solution for freelancers

Bewertet am 17.5.2023

My experience with Zoho Invoice has been great. I used to use Wave to invoice clients for years. But then they changed to only be available for US and Canadian customers. After that I then tried a number of other invoicing software and settled on Zoho Invoice. For freelancers and small businesses it is the perfect option, and completely free! It makes it quick and easy to add new customers, invoice them, and also keep track of outstanding payments.

I love that Zoho Invoice software is free to use, and also integrates Stripe to allow me to take credit and debit card payments. As a freelancer, I work with a small number of clients, and only send a few invoices per month, so paying for other freelancing software doesn't seem like good value. I like that the invoice can be customized to suit my branding, as well as adding custom fields such as an ABN. It is also minimalist and looks professional. Another great thing is that there are also no restrictions on the number of clients I can add, which is perfect because I do a lot of one off projects.

I don't like the way that the card payments via Stripe appear on the invoice. It is just a small icon of a card under the 'Payment Options' section, but it doesn't seem as clear or trustworthy as other invoicing software. I manually added text about clicking the icon to make a payment by debit or credit card via Stripe. However, I noticed that the number of clients who do so is significantly less than when I used to accept card payments via Wave. It can also be confusing to find certain menu items when configuring invoices - especially related to custom fields.

Warum Zoho Invoice gewählt wurde

I only send a few invoices per month, and the Freshbooks Lite plan only has up to 5 billable clients. Because I do a lot of one off projects, I found myself having to delete previous clients to still be able to charge new ones. The next plan was double the price, and went from 5 to 50 billable clients - a significant difference.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Zoho Invoice

Zoho Invoice has all of the features that I need and is totally free. It also doesn't have any limitations on the number of clients I can invoice.
Matthew
Matthew
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great invoicing tool for small businesses

Bewertet am 25.11.2019

Overall good customer service and good product. We tried different ways to implement the recurring feature that most of our clients would use. We wanted to auto deduct recurring invoices and it didn't have that feature, otherwise, we probably would have stayed with it. We did use Zoho subscriptions for that.

It was quick to get up and running. The software is fairly easy to navigate and provides professional looking invoices that are downloadable by my customers. My favorite feature is the reminder feature, once you send out an invoice the software can send out automated reminders for the client to pay in case they don't see it in their email the first time or get busy and forget (cause an email will be forgotten eventually, as good intentioned as we all are). Definitely good for people starting out and small businesses that don't have a lot of clients. The price point is low for starting out, usually a lot less than other software I've seen and used. And if you use Zoho CRM, in can integrate with that.

For me personally, I was using the software for invoicing website development customers, and once you get done, apart from web hosting, you are done. And over the past few years, I hit my max level and I don't feel like its much of a benefit to have past customers count towards my limit. Some of which are small jobs.

I think it would be better if you have the same customers you invoice regularly.

PayPal

Warum Zoho Invoice gewählt wurde

We were switching CRM systems and cutting back on things we were not using.

Keap

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Zoho Invoice

Better options than paypal with less setup.

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the review!

We are happy to know the automatic reminders and the integration between Zoho Invoice and Zoho CRM were of help to you.

Regarding recurring transactions, it's good to hear that Zoho Subscriptions caters to your needs but since Zoho Invoice itself has recurring invoices and the ability to auto-charge your customers, we would like to know a little more on it.

You can reach out to [email protected] so that we can understand your requirements better.

Marion
  • Branche: Druck
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Wish it had more features

Bewertet am 2.6.2022

It was fantastic for the price. You have a full suite of features for a fraction of what something like Freshbooks or Quickbooks cost. While it had significant limitations, the features are far and above what you would expect for the monthly fee

My review my be a little outdated as I have switched over to Quickbooks paired with an industry specific invoicing system. The main issue I had was that it was missing a strong estimation software that they had implemented in their CRM module. That baffled me as the CRM had a more customizable and robust system than their actual invoicing system did. What's more, it didn't translate over as cleanly as I would have wanted. This might have been fixed by now but the disparity between their different modules can be problematic.

shopVOX und QuickBooks Online
Michael
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Excellent invoice platform for freelancers

Bewertet am 23.1.2024

Full featured, simple to use and set up, excellent documentation, integrated with popular payment platforms. I moved from Freshbooks to Zoho, I can honestly say that I prefer Zoho. And, you can't beat the price.

Nothing - it really meets all of my needs.

Jean-Ann
  • Branche: Hausmeisterservice
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Easy to use even if your a novice

Bewertet am 30.4.2024

The mobile access. I find that not all parts of the program are available on the mobile version I can’t edit the thank you cards and make changes to the items list I can only add item so I have had to delete the item and reads if I make an error.

The fact that not all applications are available in the mobile version

Jose
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Inexpensive and highly recommended invoicing

Bewertet am 10.4.2024

i like the options available to create a professional looking invoice away from the office. the ability to use it on a mobile device is a great feature too.

ease of use is great. large variety of temples is great too.

there is a learning curve to using the app. what new software does not require some getting used to. No issues

Abigail
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Invoices made easy

Bewertet am 3.5.2024

Mobile App id very user friendly. It was was not just to create the invoices and record payments but also to track inventory

it would be nice if the apps read each other and one transaction on one like a payment received will show up in the inventory

TIM
  • Branche: Design
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

BEST INVOICE SOFTWARE SYSTEM I HAVE EVER USED

Bewertet am 15.5.2024

My experience with ZOHO has been excellent!!

My experience with ZOHO has been excellent!!

Very intuitive, easy to learn and use. And I am an art graduate.

no cons

Aniruddh
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Very helpful

Bewertet am 10.4.2024

That its very helpful for beginners as well as for people who want higher functionality

I haven't come across any cons as of now

Omar
  • Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Simple and greatly customizable

Bewertet am 1.4.2024

The customizability is a great aspect, allowing you to create the invoices exactly as you intend. The con is that some things are not exactly intuitive, but with some dedication you can figure things out.

Customization, although extremely powerful, sometimes feel cumbersome.

Krishna
Krishna
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter

Zoho Invoice has been a wonderful and superb experience for me

Bewertet am 18.5.2022

So that I can capture clients at the exact time they are ready to on-board, Zoho's phone app and website interface flawlessly, allowing me to produce booking deposit invoices while on the go. Once I've set up all of my templates, sending an invoice to a new client through email or SMS is as simple as a few clicks.

Invoicing and bookkeeping in a small business are a snap with Zoho. Because I can simply compile and print out all of my billing and revenue information from the year, I no longer have to worry about tax season. If you're in the market for a straightforward and easy-to-use invoicing system, I highly suggest Zoho. We had a few difficulties with help early on, but they've been fixed and the assistance has been excellent since.

When premium plans were removed, a free forever plan was introduced, however Zoho branding was applied to the papers, which was a downfall. Zoho Invoice could charge a modest price to remove branding or a note that users may produce free invoices like this.

Lynda
Lynda
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Great product for small business

Bewertet am 25.5.2023

excellent simple system for most small business

excellent simple system for most small business

Simple invoice and expense tracking easily tracked on dashboard with drilldown to details. Can add business logo to invoice. Can enter time and have projects populate an invoice; can add items for quick entry; can add invoice discounts at $ or %; can attach timesheets; option to send to multiple emails, option to attach pdf of invoice to email and modify email contents. Also great support.

when a new invoice line is entered, the empty default line remains and has to be deleted

QuickBooks Online und Wave

Warum Zoho Invoice gewählt wurde

integration with expenses and Zoho expense entry has faster and better receipt attachment auto scan from emails and app. i.e. expenses in email can be inline or attached and it will auto-scan either

Wave

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Zoho Invoice

qbo not requred for simple business, zoho better than wave as described in 'why switched'
Mohit
  • Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien

Industry leading "free" invoicing software

Bewertet am 6.5.2023

Superb!

Superb!

Zoho invoice has all premium and more than required feature for a small to medium enterprise and that too at no cost at all.

Honestly, yet to find to find something which I didn't like or is not useful for my organisation.

Janine
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching

Zoho Invoicing is excellent

Bewertet am 12.5.2023

Brilliant

Brilliant

Very easy to set up, create customers, items, invoices, allocate payments, pull reports. Exceptionally easy to navigate on laptop or mobile

After changing a customers information, I struggle to amend previous invoices to reflect the new info

Sage Accounting

Warum Zoho Invoice gewählt wurde

Needed an online app to invoice customers on the 'run'

Microsoft Excel

Cost, ease of use
Andres
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Zoho invoice is a very useful and not expensive tool to manage billing, invoicing and...

Bewertet am 18.3.2023

reducing invoicing creation time, invoicing payment management and customer management.

InvoicingFinancial reportingAccountingexpenses managementcustomers management

integration with microsoft application will be ideal

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise und Wave

Zoho has more functionalities and easier to use

Wave

Zoho has more functionalities and easier to use
Richard
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Zoho is good for small consulting businesses

Bewertet am 26.4.2023

Very good - have used it for a long time and improvements are coming out all the time.

Easy to setup and Intuitive to use. The Zoho team are making good improvements to the system regularly

Limited in that it does provide a p&L statement report

Xero

Warum Zoho Invoice gewählt wurde

Xero too expensive and getting less flexible all the time.

Xero

see above
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Easy to use invoicing software for small businesses

Bewertet am 20.2.2023

It made invoicing quicker, more professional and far more secure than creating invoices in Word.

Zoho Invoice is intuitive, easy to set up and makes invoicing efficient. User interface is logical and clean.

No negative aspects to Zoho Invoice. I only stopped using it as I upgraded to Zoho Books for the full accounting functionality.

QuickBooks Online und Xero

Warum Zoho Invoice gewählt wurde

Wanted better information security, more professional layout and reporting functions (Word). I found Xero to be a little clunky and less intuitive for a micro business.

Xero und Microsoft Word

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Zoho Invoice

More intuitive and good value
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Excellent for entrepreneurs, CRM integration

Bewertet am 22.10.2020

Zoho invoice is practically must-have if you use Zoho CRM. The integration is good and it has at least 90% of the features any small to medium business would want. It has a generous free tier so you can invoice your first few clients before subscribing.

The CRM integration is good although somewhat tricky to initialize. It's easy to get sync problems between this CRM and invoice accounts.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Warum Zoho Invoice gewählt wurde

Zoho invoice is integrated strongly with zoho CRM

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for the detailed review on Zoho Invoice and our native integration with Zoho CRM. We're happy to know you like it!

Feel free to share your feedback anytime to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

The Zoho Invoice Team

Jesse

Very Satisfield With Zoho Invoice

Bewertet am 3.4.2023

I use it to enter time to be billed and expenses (both reimbursable by clients and things for my company). Having the mobile app allows me to do both things when not at my computer. Then when it's time to create an invoice it's quick and easy.

The mobile app simplifies entering my time and expenses while I'm away from my computer. Also, I was using a self-built web based program I wrote 25 years ago. Zoho Invoice had all the things I needed to be able to switch easily. It also has a lot of functionality I don't use. And it's nice I'm not forced to use parts I don't need.

Some of the reports in the online version are not available in the mobile app. Also, I haven't figured out a way for it to tell me which clients I need to invoice in the current billing cycle. I can look at my time entries and my expense entries and figure it out. But it would be nice to have a report to run to show unbilled totals by client/customer for a given time period. If that exists I haven't found it.

Andy
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Mr

Bewertet am 29.5.2017

Zoho Invoice provides a full-featured accounting tool for self-employed service professionals who don't need to manage bank accounts or balance sheet assets. If you sell your time or sell (or resell) products you create and don't need an inventory system, Zoho Invoice is nearly perfect.

Practically everything is so well-thought out. Zoho Invoice is everything a self-employed person or entrepreneur needs to manage contacts, quotes, invoices, receivables and expenses. It even has robust support for time billing (projects, tasks, etc.), sales tax, recurring invoices, and even multiple currencies (I just need USD, but the capability is there). Zoho Invoice is the almost perfect accounting tool I need to track income and expenses. When my data is entered and up to date, getting my data to my accountant for income tax prep is as simple as exporting two spreadsheets.

The expense feature set includes the ability to track mileage. This feature is represented well on the iOS app, but in order to enter a mileage record with an odometer reading, the system requires both a beginning value and an ending value at the same time. This really doesn't work. I would have to note my beginning mileage then enter it along with the ending mileage at the end of the business trip. As such, I use a standalone mileage app called MileBug.

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Zoho invoice makes estimates & invoices easy

Bewertet am 4.2.2020

My overall experience with Zoho Invoice has been great.

My overall experience with Zoho Invoice has been great.

I like how you can setup the templates and integrate a variety of payment options. The online portal makes it easy for the client end to manage payments and stay informed on what is going on.

I wish it would integrate with quickbooks easier. Also it would be easier of it had some sort of e-sign option for clients to sign the terms page on invoices.

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for reviewing us! We are thrilled to hear your feedback :)

We are sorry that we don't have a direct integration with QB as of now. However, you can take a look at Zoho Books if you are interested.

Regarding e-signing, it's currently available for estimates (your clients can sign your estimate to accept it) but not for invoices. If you'd like to know more about this, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

The Zoho Invoice Team

Marta
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It is a "must have" for start-ups

Bewertet am 15.11.2017

As I have already said, this program is perfect for a startup, since it is so easy to use and very useful, so I strongly recommend them to use it. But the best thing is the fact that you can integrate it with other Zoho apps, and I can say from my own experience that this is really helpful, since you can control every aspect of you enterprise accounting in only one program.

It is a very useful and easy software, specially for small start-ups. It allows you to easily make invoices, recurrent invoices, manage them as you wish, etc. Also, you can personalize them, since you can do your own templates, although they provide you with some. But the most important thing is that you can integrate Zoho Invoice with all other Zoho applications, such as Zoho CRM, Zoho Expense, Zoho Mail, etc. and, by this, have several different departments of your enterprise in the same page. That's what I find most useful.

Honestly, I haven't found any problem with this program, but if I had to say something, I would say that the only negative things are small details that some times may be bothering but, at the end, are not relevant. An example of these little things could be when you make a mistake in an invoice and then you cannot modify it. It is true that you should not modify an invoice once it has been sent, but in some occasions I know I could do it without any problem.

Nathan
Nathan
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Zoho is a great invoicing tool for small businesses

Bewertet am 19.5.2018

Zoho Invoice is a great invoicing tool that allows you to track invoices and payments for services and products.
1) The ability to design your own invoice template to use. Customization is easy but also designer friendly.
2) Tracking payments and expenses from one place. The name may fool you but Zoho Invoice also lets you track time and other expenses related to your business or invoice. This is great for basic bookkeeping.
3) Invoice management is second to none. You can create draft invoices, recurring invoices and others all with a few clicks, the email template is also great as you do not have to write emails.
4) Customer Statements are invaluable. Being able to send a customer a statement of all invoices plus payments they have made is a Godsend for business.
Zoho Invoice may not have all the bells and whistles of Zoho Books but it is an affordable alternative to someone who does not want the accounting side of things but want to still have a basic overview of their financial standing as a business.

1) Zoho Invoice does not have a feature that allows you to know when a client has seen an email about a payment. This means you may not know if a client has seen your email unless they acknowledge it.
2) My continued gripe with Zoho mobile apps for Android still rings true. While the mobile app has the basic functions of the web interface, compared to iOS, the Android app just does not function as well.
3) The Client Portal does not offer much functionality to a client other than to check their statements, the process of communication has to be started by you to give an estimate and so on. If there was a way to allow a client to also initiate communication from the portal, it would be better.

Jorge David
Jorge David

IDEAL AND EXCELLENT FOR BILLING SMALL BUSINESSES

Bewertet am 24.4.2018

Depending on your business, billing is very easy and affordable for services, schedules and articles

For young employees it is easy enough to add the products and their costs, and i can keep track of the schedules that have been created and included from the office or the cellular device, in addition to that I can send my clients the invoices by email in PDF formats

I am somewhat general about the billing information, and it may only be a whim of mine, but I would like to have more control of the information in my invoices. For example, my start time, end time, assignment name and some notes I want to write for each assignment billed to my clients

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for reviewing Zoho Invoice. We are happy to know Zoho Invoice has been helping you with your business invoicing.

Regarding your requirement, we presume that you would like to have separate fields for all the information. If that's the case, you can use custom fields to capture additional information. In case this is not what you are looking for, do write to [email protected], our support team will be more than happy to assist you with your requirement.

Cheers,
Zoho Invoice Team

Brock
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Zoho invoice is a must-have for any small business, agency, or freelancer

Bewertet am 3.4.2023

Extremely feature rich. If you need something from an invoice tool, Zoho has it.

There are really very few cons to Zoho...

QuickBooks Online