Time Doctor Erfahrungen

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Cure For Time Wastage, Good For Productivity

Bewertet am 4.7.2021

Overall, Time Doctor is great for productivity, time tracking, and project management. It has the best Leave-Tracking features that send notifications if the person is still working on a task. In all reality, it has great usability with many different cool options such as time-tracking, browsing history, breaks, and idle time reminders, etc.

I have been an active member of PeoplePerHour for almost 4 years now and Time Doctor has been a great help for me. It has helped me track my time spent on various projects that I do on daily basis. I manage my workflow and pace by keeping an eye on Time Doctor and also get proof of my work hours to demand payment. I'm on the Desktop application most of the time but I do use a mobile application that helps me track the time when I'm traveling and working. It also gives an option to manually edit time and I used it sometimes when I spent time on the phone or forget to launch the application while working. The activity bar on the desktop is one important feature that I use and I love it.

I check for updates regularly and try to keep my software up-to-date. However, I noticed some mal-functioning when my Time Doctor didn't stop for the whole night and showed non-stop 13 hours of work. I had to reinstall the application to fix the trouble. The activity bar on the screen is sometimes pretty annoying as it doesn't go behind the apps. It always stays on top and blocks the view. There should be an option to resize it and push it behind as well. Other than that, I'm quite happy with the overall performance of the Time Doctor.

Nazmul
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

It's a good tracker for businesses

Bewertet am 9.9.2022

It's good

It's good

It provides an all-inclusive experience when tracking progress.

It could cost a little less. The price right now is higher than other similar oroducy.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

HubSpot Marketing Hub und Time Tracker

Warum Time Doctor gewählt wurde

Company decision, cheaper offer

Zuvor genutzte Software

Hubstaff

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Time Doctor

Easy integration and good feature to price ratio. Overall offers good value for Money
Sabrina
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Not a way to improve productivity.

Bewertet am 8.10.2020

Not a great experience. People are not robots that have to be infront of the computer 8 hours a day and constantly typing or moving the coursor. The webcam shot feature is beyond a invation of privacy, mostly for people who work from home. It is a micromanagement app that is completly unnecessary.

The app is pretty easy to use.. You load tasks and start them by clicking on PLAY. It has lots of features including webcam shots, screenshots, time tracker and pop up that asks whether you've been working when there's no activity on the user's side. They have a computer and mobile app.
Really good feature is that as a company you can set it up to blur screenshots taken so no information is leaked.

It does not help employees to be productive. The sign that pops up when there's no mouse or keyboard activity shows even when you're watching a video, on a webinar or even making a presentation in which is mostly talking and it is not only super unprofessional but also, if you fail to click on the "Yes (I am working)" the time worked will turn orange and labeled as "Manually added time".

Ulrich
Ulrich
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent software!

Bewertet am 7.11.2023

It's an excellent time management software. But I think it would be better with a free version with some limited features.

Excellent software! With Time doctor, I can coordinate and monitor my employees' activities even remotly. Time tracking.

Free version unavailable, free trial unfortunately limited to 14 days.

Eric
Eric
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Time Doctor review

Bewertet am 17.9.2023

Time Doctor has significantly improved my time management, task organization, and overall productivity as a data analyst. While there may be minor resource usage concerns at times, the benefits of using Time Doctor far outweigh any occasional inconveniences

As a data analyst, what I liked most about Time Doctor was its exceptional online time-tracking feature. It offered precise and real-time tracking of my work hours, which is crucial for accurately recording billable hours and ensuring that every minute spent on data analysis tasks is accounted for. This feature not only helped me stay accountable but also improved my overall time management and productivity.

One aspect of Time Doctor that I found slightly less favorable was its occasional use of system resources, which could lead to minor slowdowns on my computer. While this didn't significantly impact my work, I noticed that at times, especially during resource-intensive data analysis tasks, Time Doctor's presence in the background could be slightly resource-heavy.

Dianne Mae
Dianne Mae

TimeDoctor is a very important tool for me as a freelancer, consultant and start-up entrepreneu...

Bewertet am 5.10.2017

I am able to maintain transparency with my clients at all times. TimeDoctor helps me track my hours and provide documented proof of work and give my clients a better view of how I complete my work/tasks.

It also helps me in managing my time better.

TimeDoctor is straightforward and easy to use.

I like that the desktop tool offers two versions: Pro and Lite, which helps you to choose the right application based on your usage and computer's resources.

TimeDoctor also has a lot of integrations - particularly to different Project Management tools. This is especially helpful with managing different clients who each have a different preference on the project management tool that they are using.

TimeDoctor is also very cost-efficient for me as a freelancer/consultant.

The price of additional users is a bit expensive for entrepreneurs who are just starting their own team, but overall, it is a worthwhile expense.

Angelica Marie
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Amazing Software

Bewertet am 10.7.2023

This software helps us to track and become the basis of my employees salary. This makes my job easier. For almost 3years of subscription, I can really say that it is worth it. I really recommend this. So far, so good.

This software helps us to track and become the basis of my employees salary and time keeping. This makes my job easier. For almost 3years of subscription, I can really say that it is worth it.

For me, I don't mind the lapses in every software. It is normal, there's nothing perfect. All you need is patience and everything will go on smoothly.

Ania
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best tracking systems in the market

Bewertet am 3.5.2023

Excellent tool to monitor WFH employees and has definitely helped increase productivity.

Overall my favorite features are screen recording and idle time tracking, I am able to help my employee to correct behaviors and use their company time effectively.

Based on the features I use I really have no complaints

Moh
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Helps me to keep track on task

Bewertet am 16.4.2023

Best part of time doctor is you can integrate with sheets and docs using it's extension and you can start time for every task seperately so that it helps to keep track which task consume how much percentage of bandwidth.

Sometimes it automatically pause we need to keep check on it.

Irish

Remote Tracker

Bewertet am 12.4.2023

Overall, this is a very effective tool for tracking my productivity, worked hours, and attendance. Very helpful for remote workers like me.

When it helps me track time whenever I am working and my productivity too.

It would be best if it has an option or a tab where I can input my notes, tasks, or reminders.

Automate your time sheets to save time!

Bewertet am 20.4.2018

I saved a ton of time by using Time Doctor to track how I spend my day and on which projects. I also don't have to write anything down and then worry about losing it before I send a client an invoice. So it's really helped my organization as well.

Time Doctor has been a lifesaver for me. I am a one-person design company and I need to track the time I spend on many different projects all at once. My previous solution was to write down the time on sticky notes or note pads, but there was always the chance that I might misplace it or lose it. Nor could I generate my invoices from my home office if I'd left the billing hours info at my office. So this was a great all in one solution. Now I can choose the task I'm working on and don't have to worry about writing things down. If for any reason I forget what I was doing for a client and didn't make my task name specific enough, I can go back and take a quick look through the automatic screenshots. I also love that I can see how much time I spend on email and other admin tasks vs the actual design work. Love the reports that Time Doctor gives me as well.

Not much that I don't like about this software. But suggestions for improvement?

One thing I would love to see is integration with my cell phone. Time Doctor already has an app, but I want it to automatically capture the time I spend on my phone with clients. For now I have to manually enter in this time and must note when the call started and when it ended.

Integration into Wave apps where I generate my invoices. I'd like to be able to select a project from Time Doctor in my invoice and have it automatically populate the time I spent on it and the dates I worked on the project rather than manually finding and entering this information.

Alain Jove
Alain Jove
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

Productivity tracked with ease

Bewertet am 7.1.2021

Overall, this is very handy and it does what it is supposed to do - which is tracking productivity in this work from home setup.

Due to COVID, we were forced to work from home and monitoring our work activity is conveniently done with this app. Although it kind of looks old school in its interface, I don't mind because it is lightweight, it is efficient in tracking browser and screen activity when it's active with you not even noticing your screen already captured, doesn't create lag time and transparent with its screen captures as you can easily log in to your account with the email associated to the time doctor account and see the screenshots captured whether you are a basic or an admin user. The last part is very important as privacy should be a priority specially nowadays when hacking has become rampant.

The reason why I rated it only eight for recommending it to others is because you'd have to make changes to the settings as the default is launching on startup. And I don't want it snooping around and doing screenshots if it's off work hours, and people tend to forget about this and some might not even be aware about this part of the settings. I also still see it on the system tray even after logging out so I'd have to manually close it every time, which can be a bit annoying. Although it stops screen captures when you're pausing it which is great.

Melissa
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Time Doctor - Best for everything!

Bewertet am 13.9.2022

The best assistance, not solely in monitoring your team but making sure you have figured out important aspects in efficient management of your team and the responsibilities which need to be taken care of.

The product has been the easiest I've used. I have been using other time tracking programs before but Time Doctor has by far the easiest integration and set up. It also gives me a clearer understanding of what's happening with my team, what tasks are we spending more time on and helps me manage the team responsibilities and task assignments to make sure everyone has the right balance of everything.

I think we have encountered a couple of bugs before, like TD stopping on it's own (already fixed), and if I would suggest anything is the automatic update whenever there is one. Apparently, we would have to uninstall and reinstall the app every now and then to the latest version, this would mean that before we find out, our TD has actually stopped recording until we update to the newer version.

Menucha

Reliable

Bewertet am 1.9.2022

This software was chosen, as it easily handles the following:
screenshots
works even when a...

This software was chosen, as it easily handles the following:
screenshots
works even when a internet outage
easy remote setup

Reliable, Dependable.
Simple enough to learn and navigate the reports, and to do a deep dive on unproductive/no activity time.
Very little down time/issues, and those were resolved in a timely manner

dont have a great way to include/time a lunchbreak, as paid time, even though they clock out ( for privacy)
dont have a way to have a shift buffer... aka 7.5hr of shift and 7hrs, 29min shows in red as not good attendance
some of the shortcuts that are so helpful are not obvious that you can click them.... so some features are undiscovered or the managers dont understand how to access them, as they are links from one subwindow to another

Monica
  • Branche: Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung

Does what is needed

Bewertet am 15.5.2023

When Time Doctor works, it's great. Each employee can be set to different schedules/requirements. It is a great system in the background that allows us to hold our employees accountable if necessary.

Time Doctor is constantly being updated and if you don't know to update the application, or it doesn't happen automatically, the app will not work as intended. The usual give away is that the app will often stop tracking automatically when starting computer use. Additionally, the admin view is limited. It would be helpful to view the same report/information for multiple employees at the same time. A lot of things have to be done individually.

Gladies
  • Branche: Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung

Review on Time Doctor

Bewertet am 6.9.2022

Time Doctor is our trusted time tracking software. I think the management will not make any changes as to how our time logged should be accounted for. We are very reliant on TD, the HR head bases all our activities on TD so it is kind of a part of our family.

It helps me validate my hours logged to the company I am working for. The software is very customizable depending on the need of the management; it gives a nudge when you are already dozing off while it's running and the option to go back to working or to take a break is very straightforward.

There's this notification that I should log off TD to do a software update I guess which annoys me especially when I am engrossed working and my time needs to be tracked. But there is an option to run the update while the the tracker is running so it's doable and manageable for me.

Stephanie

Best tool for tracking remote employees. We use it to track work hrs for our team in the...

Bewertet am 11.5.2018

Accurate time tracking for tasks and projects
screen shots and app usage is one of my favorite features since it gives you a detailed info on where we spend the most time on our projects
fare pricing and bulk discounts :)
We integrate Time Doctor with asana for seamless task tracking
Love the ability to change time spend on tasks manually in case there is need for it
we get a weekly email with information on how our account is being use
We can also manage and track time with the IOS app

The desktop app looks a little old school on PC but is works fine.
wish they had a better way to create tasks and mark tasks as completed when these are created inside time doctor, instead of having to delete them once they are done

Antwort von Time Doctor

Hi Stephanie,

You can actually tick them complete with our most recent app which it Time Doctor version 0.19.9 You can download this new application from our download page at www.timedoctor.com/download.html

It should be this here: http://prntscr.com/jll3vk

Rubel
  • Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Very Useful!

Bewertet am 14.10.2020

So far, I am happy with the services that Time Doctor offers. If you could work on the web and app ratings per projects, that would be wonderful! ;)

I like the fact that we are able to measure our team's productivity especially that we're currently working remotely due to the pandemic. I have to admit that handling 30-40 staff members is a bit challenging in terms of measuring productivity but with Time Doctor, I don't have to worry about keeping an eye on my team from time to time. Very easy, just pull up the report and there you can see who has worked efficiently and not. I like it!

I know we have already raised this to Time Doctor but it would be great if there's a way for us to set ratings per project. I'm handling 10-12 projects at the moment and it's very challenging for me to still check regularly their web and app usage just to ensure that I am sending accurate reports to each clients. That's all

Konstantin
  • Branche: Computer-Software

No Updates and a Lot of Bugs

Bewertet am 11.9.2018

We have been working with TimeDoctor for 3 years, 40 employees use it. A large number of bugs that do not fix for years. The application is buggy - for the last year there have never been any updates. The site's admin area leaves much to be desired - a bunch of reports, but you can not use them. At us almost 600 projects - selectors on a site simply do not open. The API is very complex with a bunch of pitfalls. The new version of the application has not been updated for a year and a half and to the old version it is still far from functional.

With pleasure would have switched to another service, but unfortunately for the functionality TimeDoctor suits, but for bugs and support - leaves much to be desired.

Good Service, but owners earn money and forget about there users....

A lot of bugs that lasts for years... No Updates for the Desktop App, and iOS also. No new features for a long time...

Sarah
  • Branche: Öffentliche Sicherheit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

Timeless

Bewertet am 26.6.2019

I love this program, This tool is a must have when you are working long hours like myself and are trying to keep my life prioritized . It helps me keep up with my work breaks and potty runs. You can organized your entire day into hours to keep your schedule on track. It also helps with your gym reps too for when you are at the gym.

It can be confusing to work sometimes. You really just have to dig into it and learn the program. Besides that it is not too bad

• Branche: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Real time monitoring and tracking

Bewertet am 8.1.2020

Superb and very effective. It has been a great tool to optimize the productivity.

It is a very powerful tool which helps in order to track and monitor the tasks of the workers. It captures the different tasks performed all the day and the kind of tabs opened by the workers. This is also used by the remote workers who are providing virtual assistance on the hourly basis and get paid as per the report generated at the end of the day. One can also track the idle time of a person and shows the amount of time spent on a specific tasks.

Everything is great and sometimes it troubles using the application on the smartphone. Rest I dont see any kind of trouble with the user interface of TD

Julie Ann
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My Personal Experience with Time Doctor

Bewertet am 13.9.2022

For me what I love most about this app is its ability to take screenshots of what we're doing. I have tried other attendance tracking software and none of them was able to do that. Also, it is very easy to use. You can use it immediately off the rack or you can customize it by adding or connecting it to a separate payroll. As an HR, I am happy using Time Doctor since I started my journey in freelancing because I can put my client at ease in using Time Doctor I can show them that I am honest with the hourly rate that I am charging them.

I can't find any cons since using time doctor.

Anik
  • Branche: Eventservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Easy and Efficient Software

Bewertet am 11.3.2021

My overall experience with Time Doctor has been great, easy to set up, easy to use and the customer support is great. You do not have to wait long for your query to be resolved. I always recommend Time Doctor for anyone who is looking for time tracking software.

I like flexibility it offers with managing multiple clients. I like how easy it is to set up and use.

The new time doctor and classic time doctor confuses me. I have nearly lost my account before logging into the wrong one and trying to set up a new account as I didn't realise i was on the wrong version. Very confusing.

Kathleen
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Love how it keeps me accountable

Bewertet am 6.12.2016

I've been using Time Doctor for tracking my time for several years. I love how easy it is to use and how it hold you to account if it thinks you've changed focus. If I stop working on my project to take a phone call, it recognizes that I am no longer working on my computer. After my preset time has passed, Time Doctor pops up on my screen and asks, "Are you still working on X Project?" If the phone call is related to the project, I can say yes and include it in my time. If it is not, I can say no and Time Doctor will pause the timer for the project I was working on. The same is true if I am naughty and visit Facebook without pausing my timer.

It's intuitive function and how it knows to pause the timer if I quit working on a project.

The way it associates tasks and projects is a bit confusing at first.

Andy

Time Doctor for WFH/Hybrid Set-up

Bewertet am 13.9.2022

Very Satisfied, as I have constant meetings with the account manager.

Very Satisfied, as I have constant meetings with the account manager.

Web & App Usage
ScreenCast
Timeline

These features are our main dashboard for looking into the productivity | Activity of our employees. It helps us identify low productivity time if the employee is slacking off.

We observed no auto-detection report in terms of any abnormalities in the keyboard and mouse activity. There are employees who took advantage of this wherein they just put a stopper or any heavy object in the arrow down key, this will be detected as keyboard movement.