Calamari

Moderne HR-, Online-Urlaubs- und Anwesenheitsnachverfolgung

Sortieren nach

Mariusz
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great, easy and very helpful product! Now I can not imagine how we actually

Bewertet am 30.11.2017

Pure market analysis

Calamari helps my company handle holidays. It allows me to easily control, monitor all absences and what is really helpful helps me to decide if I should accept holiday request, when someone in my team had requested and this request has been already accepted! That is the core functionality for me :)
I really love integrations that Calamari provides me!
At first: GSuite (by Google) - I do not have to worry about creating new accounts and I can see all of absences in my Google Calendar (this is my favorite) .
Another huge integration is with Slack, which is main messenger in my company. I can just accept and decline requests without login in into Calamari!
On the other hand I really like is Calamari support, those guys (especially Hubert) are fast as lightning, very thoughtful, proactive and they for sure will help you configure your instance. Communication with them is pleasure :)

Once Calamari is configured is maintenance-free, and very very comfy!

Jenna
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Would recommend!

Bewertet am 13.4.2021

The customer service and technical assistance that I have received while working with Calamari has been unparalleled. As soon as I signed up for a free trial a representative reached out to me and answered every question I had. For weeks she had very consistent and helpful communications with me and guided me through every step of the way!

This software is clean, simple and easy to use. it integrates well with Slack and outlook calendars. It's easy for employees to use and keep track of their own time off reporting in an organized way. It's very customizable to out companies accrual rules, holidays, birthdays, working hours and PTO. I really love that our employees do not have to leave the Slack pap to request PTO and check their balance.

There is little that is missing from this software and they are always making updates! I would say if you have a lot of employees it takes some time to set them all up initially.

Built for Teams

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

It was fully integrated with Slack and they are competitive in pricing
JIMz
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Weitere für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

the sign-up system is faulty, and no one cares in "support"

Bewertet am 20.8.2017

i signed up. received the email, followed the link and only get a green screen asking you to "wait for a while".

and after a few HOURS ( you get it right, hours ), that so-called "while" is still there. refresh / quit browser do no help. same link goes to same screen with same words.

i received the mail at 0100, tried it on 0300, get the same result. so i contacted them via the webform.

i checked back on 0700. my mailbox got nothing - not even a acknowledgement of receiving my email, and surely nothing about why the while is still staying. and yes - same signup link still goes to the same page with the same words.

i'm still hopeful, so tried again on 1900 on the same day. now the best part arrived - the same link i tried said "my license expired and my account is blocked".

so, what Calamari suggesting, is that my signup license is "looking at their green screen and wait for a while" - but hey, i haven't looked at that for 14 days yet, why have my license expired SO SOON???

is Calamari a hoax for getting my email? the other "positive" reviewers sound SO TRUE, i just can't tell how can that be. i'm not suggesting fake accounts with fake reviews, but i doubt for this kind of performance and stability, how can i handle the attendance / leave management thing of my whole company to it ?

Saul
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A good product at high price

Bewertet am 15.3.2021

I like the software technically speaking, but it seems to me expensive for what it does. A leave management and a clock in software should be so expensive. That's why I am looking for other alternatives like OrangeHRM.

- Easy of use and implementation
- Easy of customization

- Clock in and leave management have to be paid separately and are expensive.

Jira und OrangeHRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

Because it was easy to set up, and we needed something with no time.
Henrijs
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great vacation planner for small business

Bewertet am 26.2.2021

The software is very easy to use, the deployment was quick and painless. Integrations with popular SSOs like Google and Slack are extremely helpful to avoid that extra password to remember. API is definitely a plus

The UI can sometimes be less intuitive than it could be. Some features might be missing, but the team welcomes feedback

LeaveBoard

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

Price to features balance was great, nice to support a smaller indie company
Leili
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Most versatile time and leave management system I know off

Bewertet am 18.4.2022

One of the added benefits, aside making administrative HR work easier, is the ability to use Calamari as a communication tool especially with remote teams and hybrid work. Team members can easily follow absences and also when Clockin module is used to follow whether someone has already started working or left already or is taking a break. Having easy access to this information takes down the frustration if there is a delay in communication (chat applications like Slack) and has improved overall cordiality among the employees.

Simple and focused to do what needs to be done. Very versatile and easy to customize, especially when you have teams in different countries. Customer service is always helpful and really does forward ideas and concerns to the development team. Hands down the best software to make life easier in smaller companies where a lot of HR work is done by one person or only a small team.

I used to miss the Break feature synchronization with Slack. In our current company we use only the Leave module so that is not an issue here. Also when using the Clockin module, there should be a different icon setting be made available for days taken entirely off as accumulated overtime. Currently it is possible to do it, but the system treats it as a remote work day, which is misleading because such person has already done the work needed. It does not happen often, but when it is needed, it does add confusion and requires a lot of manual handling and double checking.

Antwort von Calamari Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for your comprehensive review.
The break option on Slack in the Clock In module has been added and if you have a paid Slack version, you can now use it and it works great. You can find out how to do it here:

We're glad you see the benefits of using Calamari for remote and hybrid work. We're also working on releasing a brand new module connected to the employees' documents that will improve the information flow about employees, so stay tuned!

Isabelle
  • Branche: Personalwesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Calamari: very good quality-price ratio product

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

We love this toll, and we can't wait for all the future features and improvements

This software/too is super easy to implement, and even if you have specific cases hard to configure at first sight, the Support Team is kind, efficient, quick and offer as much time as you need to solve your issues. Moreover, our employees are 90% of the time immediately independent to use it.

Some features needs to be developed faster, but Calamari is more and more efficient

Breezy

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

Satisfied since the beginning.

Antwort von Calamari Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

THank you for a great review!
We're very glad that Calamari suit your needs and you're satisfied with our Customer Success help. In case of any problems, they're here to help you at every step of using Calamari.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Calamari perfect for our company's needs

Bewertet am 13.4.2022

Very easy to use and it's user friendly. Perfect software for our company esp. to keep track of both PTO and PSL requests. It was very easy to learn on how to use this and easy to set up.

It doesn't integrate with ADP for PSL leave so I have to update the PSL hours manually every month.

Antwort von Calamari Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for a great review!
If there's something you need, you can always write to our Customer Success team - they will help you find a way to resolve your issue.
You can also check our API documentation:
it might help to make your own integration to solve the problem.

Scott
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Fantastic product!

Bewertet am 13.4.2022

It's been great. The customer support is top-notch and it has worked perfectly since day one.

I love how easy it is to use Calamari. I've had to do almost no training with my fellow employees for them to feel comfortable in using Calamari. It's integration with Slack makes is super convenient. It's Amazing!

I can't think of anything I don't like about Calamari.

Antwort von Calamari Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for your opinion!
We're glad that our integrations suit your need. If you want to be up to date about a newest feature in Calamari Slack integration, please follow our What's New page:

Damian
  • Branche: Internet

Calamari Review :)

Bewertet am 8.8.2022

Easy interface/possibility to conduct all company branches in one CRM + very good support.

Nothing comes up to my mind. I have everything in Calamari that I can image

• Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

Almost invisible and very flexible absences tracking tool

Bewertet am 20.7.2020

It takes a while to set up Calamari properly but after you do (and you can always reach out to their support and receive answers and detailed instructions in short time) it works on its own and you just invite new people as they join the team. We have switched from our previousOn a daily basis, I almost don't notice we use Calamari because no one reaches out to me with any issues or questions on how to use it.

- thanks to Calamari shared calendars being easily added to GCal we can automatically see any planned absences in the team (holidays, remote work, business trips, sick leave etc) directly in our GCals (previously we had to keep a separate shared team GCal for these and add absences manually)
- everyone is able to check their current entitlement anytime with just a couple of clicks and request their time off on the go
- no need to send emails to multiple people in the company to request time off and have it registered (this was solved with a customised approval flow)
- appointing the substitute can be done at the stage of requesting time off
- you can send all notifications to Slack and track status of your request from there
- multiple, customisable approval flows and absence types
- customised holiday calendars which can be linked to individual users or teams (very helpful especially in Germany)
- no need to track the absences manually: it takes a couple of clicks to generate absence reports and requests required for payroll
- very responsive and competent support

I only wish that we used Calamari on the company level. With other team being first to register for it, we can't fully integrate with GSuite and it takes up to 24 hours for the Calamari shared calendar to sync with GCal.

Danielle
  • Branche: Groߟhandel

Leave Management Tracking

Bewertet am 21.10.2021

Great SAAS that is available for a great cost. We didn't need anything super powerful. We actually have the same functionality for free with our ADP software, but pay for Calamari because it is easier from a management perspective.

The software is very flexible with regards to being able to track a variety of leave methods. We have different people at different levels of the company who get various entitlements and Calamari was able to handle it all. We also are able to track our business travel of our sales managers through the system which is helpful too.

The app is fairly easy, but the user interface could be a bit easier for users who are not as computer savvy. It could be a little more clear on what time they have less what time is scheduled for their net time leftover.

Zoho Recruit, BambooHR und Freshteam

Cost

Hello!
Thank you for your opinion.
We're working on some improvements in our UX/UI design and we hope they will cover your needs. If you need assistance with understanding how our software works, you can contact our Customer Success team. We can arrange a meeting when we'll explain to you everything that isn't clear. Please, contact us via
https://calamari.io/contact or by our website's chat.

Lisa
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Calamari is a great and user-friendly time management product

Bewertet am 16.7.2020

Overtime has been much easier to check with Calamari then with the system we used before. It takes less time to implement and gives every manager the possibility to monitor their teams. Users are quite happy with the system: easy to add and validate absences. The many possibilities to add the time in the clock in module, using or not the app, makes it very adaptable to every user.

it is easy to adapt to any situation, easy to modify and very easy to use. The implementation of the software might take quite long at the beginning, but once it's working, it takes less than 5 min to add new users, adapt their activity rate or week types. The leave module is very practical, especially because anyone can check the absence/presence of all team members. The integration with Outlook and Microsoft Office is a great advantage.

The only thing that could be improved is to add the possibility to set up a date when there is a change of activity rate or week type for an employee.

Jeta
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Leave management system

Bewertet am 25.1.2022

our company was old school trucking company without a software to manage the time off. The PTO management was done manually and there were a lot of mistakes and confusions.Calamari changed our day to day business life and the requests for PTO were done fast and smooth. Both employees and managers love the transparent calendar function where they can see who is off and when.

it is very user friendly and easy to use for all employees even those who are not that friendly to technology. I also like the reporting of this software, it is one click and very fast way of getting your data.

i am very happy with all the functionalities of Calamari. It is very user friendly and to train employees on how to use it it is fast and smooth. I don't have cons.

Antwort von Calamari Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for your opinion! We're glad that Calamari was able to help your company! It's great to know that organizations from all kinds of industries can benefit from our software. We wish you a great experience and if you would need any help - our Customer Success team is ready to help.

Ashley
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great product and really simple to use

Bewertet am 16.7.2020

Calamari was simple to implement and use. All features have been welcomed by our company and we look forward to seeing new modules added in the furture.

The product has allowed us to bring our clocking in system alongside our Holiday requests, it gives us a better overview of which staff are working and when. The timesheet feature allows us to easily work out hours worked at the end of each month so that payroll becomes much easier to control. Having the ability to export to excel makes reporting simpler and less time consuming.

We would like to be able to set up shift patterns for staff on a rolling basis. Some staff members will work different shifts each week so rather than a project A or B we would like to see multiple shift patterns to click on to clock in and email notifications to be sent to management should staff members be late or not attend a shift.

Agnieszka
  • Branche: Maritime Wirtschaft

Growing organisation

Bewertet am 24.7.2020

The Calamari implementation within our company was easy and quick, very well supported by Calamari support. We use integration with Google Suite and Slack. We use the Calamari leave module on daily basis for applying for different kinds of absences, as well as reporting onsite presence in the office since COVID-19 started, I use a dedicated absence type to register and track employees presence at the office. As an admin and approver I work with Calamari on a daily basis, it is easy to use, I use the mobile version on my smartphone as well. So far the contact with Calamari support was easy and fast. The functionalities are suitable for growing organisation, it is easy to increase the number of employees covered by the application. My overall satisfaction with Calamari is high and I would recommend it for growing and fast-changing organizations.

ease of implementation, good contact with support, ease of use, mobile version , integration with Slack, Google Suite, Jira, ease of renewing the subscription, the development of the application functionalities

I only miss one functionality - the automation of moving approved hours/days from one absence type to another

Raymond
  • Branche: Möbel

Bewertet am 4.4.2022

We like that we modify easily how leave accruals are earned as well as the time tracking and leave management.

Editing a timesheet is a pain and takes a lot of time.

AttendanceBot

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Calamari

It was a lot easier to use and cost cheaper.

Antwort von Calamari Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the review.
If you have any troubles with timesheets or you have an idea how to improve it, please contact our Customer Success team. They will help you resolve your issue. In near future we're going to introduce new views of our web app so stay tuned - there will be many improvements of the app's usability.

Brianna
  • Branche: Computer-Software

User-Friendly, Affordable, and Customizable

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

Our current HRIS/Payroll system doesn't properly accommodate our unique PTO policies, therefore we had to find an outside solution. Calamari has been wonderful. It was very easy to setup and we've had great adoption from our employees. They use the system every single day.

I really enjoy the ease of use and how the customization. We have unique time off policies and teleworking policies. The system can accommodate all type of policies.

The sync or integration with Google was a little challenging. We had to contact the support team a few times to get it fully integrated and working properly. However, the support team was responsive and helpful.

Giovanni
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Thanks for your job But can help us more

Bewertet am 14.9.2022

We have, thanks to Calamari, our hours project under control.

Easy, quick to learn, possibility to change different kind of project during the day.

I cannot automatically set the clock to the nearest quarter of an hour more when the employee arrives late in the morning or in the end of the day. Example, 8:03 should be automatically shifted to 8:15 or 17:38 --> 17:30

Antwort von Calamari Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for your review.

Regarding your issue, please contact our Customer Success team here:
They will help you set the app according to your needs.

Den
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

Speak for itself

Bewertet am 29.4.2022

I have been using Calamari for 7+ years and am still a happy customer. It saves me heaps of time and I can focus on other tasks. Staffs can DIY check their leave records anytime.

Intuitive. The screen is pretty much self explanatory. Easy to implement and use.

Nothing that I can think of. If I had issues which I couldn't resolve, I always dropped them an email and they responded promptly.

Ayushie
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Tracking Leaves made easy

Bewertet am 27.2.2021

Leave Management has been made really easy by Calamari, both for the employer and the employees.

Calamari has been a great tool for managing the leaves of our workforce. It's been a pleasant experience using it! The support team is also excellent and promptly solved all the problems that we faced in the beginning. Pretty flexible to accommodate all leave types.

Not much to say! I couldn't think of any suggestion for now.

Abigail
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Great tool for use in office management!

Bewertet am 19.8.2022

We evaluated over 20 apps before selecting Calamari. We greatly appreciated the reporting system and customizable possibilities. Additionally, we appreciated the streamlined clock-in/clock-out process, mobile app, and Slack connectivity. The fact that the price varies based on the organization's size was another advantage for Calamari.
It is the easiest to adopt and the easiest for employees to use. And this was one of the initial factors that led us to chose calamari. It made everyone more accountable and conscious of the time spent in the workplace, made the HR department's job easier and more efficient, and cut the required time to clock in and out.
I believe that the Calamari integration is our favourite. We frequently use Slack, thus the integration is quite useful. It is a very simple and convenient method for clocking in and out, managing leave requests, and monitoring workplace attendance. And because we all use Slack, we save time on all of these tasks.

Calamari is both a basic and sophisticated tool. Its advanced attendance management capabilities are user-friendly for businesses of all sizes.

There was a point when we realised we could do a better job of recording how much time was spent in the workplace. We put over twenty apps and solutions to the test and concluded that Calamari was best meeting our needs. We are now completely satisfied with the timekeeping system in the office.

Hello,
Thank you for a very insightful review. We're thrilled Calamari meets your expectations, and we're going to keep working to be better every day.

Francesca
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Useful feature and prompt customer care support

Bewertet am 27.5.2019

We can precisely track the working hours and each employee can organize his/her time. We use it for holidays, home office, working hours, special holidays requests.

It covers many fuctions and it is flexible in case of special working hours conditions or special holidays requests. We use it for example for the normal holidays as well as for home office, unpaid holidays, sickness of the child of an employee, spcial days off due to a master or a course, etc.

If a contract of a employee changes during his period at our company (for example from a 40 hours contract to a 32 hours one), it is difficult to modify the terms in Calamari. It is possible though, so it is still fine.

• Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent value from Calamari!

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

Excellent value and customer service. Would absolutely (and have) recommend this product for small businesses on a budget.

This software has everything we need to manage our time and attendance smoothly. It is also an excellent value considering other softwares on the market. Customer service is excellent, responsive and implements new ideas with a willingness to make their users happy.

Reporting could be expanded....but maybe it’s already in development.

Ulf
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

We are happy with our decision for Calamari as our Absence Management tool

Bewertet am 19.7.2017

It improved absence management and leave transparency significantly

Calamari is easy to implement, administrate and use. The customer support and the flexibility of the team is outstanding. The tools is feature rich but clean in design. New features and improvements are added on a regular basis and the roadmap is made transparent. Integrations to google, slack or other tools are in built. Customizing to specific needs is possible. Calamari increased management and transparency on absence/leaves significantly.

Nothing in specific. If something was missing or did not work as intended we always found a quick solution

Antwort von CHROBRUS Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks Ulf! We love to work with Mindcurv :)