Humanity Erfahrungen

Sortieren nach

Karen
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Saves time, frustration and money

Bewertet am 22.12.2015

I researched several options and ShiftPlanning offered everything on my wish list for a price within my budget. All the pre-sale promises proved to be true once I began using ShiftPlanning. I reduced time spent scheduling by 75%. The employees praised the introduction of ShiftPlanning.

The online chat support is quick to respond and is backed up with online documentation and videos. The software is very intuitive and the support team was very helpful in getting me up and running. After that I needed minimual support.

My second favorite feature is the "Availablity" function. Staff can block out either a recurring day of the week, time of day or a specific date. This eliminated scheduling errors for everyone.

The product is designed for online use by the Scheduler and employees. I also like to post a printed copy of the schedule. The filter function allows significant flexibility when printing but I'd like to see more control over the page breaks when printing the schedule.

• Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good, User friendly program with Excellent support!

Bewertet am 6.12.2018

As User and not an Administrator, I would say that what I like best about this software is that it is user friendly. It makes picking up shifts for my job easy. And I like that I get notifications when there is availability.
When I schedule myself a for a shift and I have had to drop a shift when something comes up or I accidentially pick a shift that I cannot work. I can immediately notify my supervisors, and it will make the shift available to others to pick up.
I love that management can communicate with us and tell us what is going on. We can share and download files.
This is the perfect program for the company that I currently am working with.

It has been hard to find something i really dont like about Humanity. Although I would like the ability to message my supervisor or coworkers through the app rather than email.

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It's always helpful to us to get feedback from non-admin users as well, as we want to make sure you feel you have control of your time and responsibilities. For in-app communication, we'd like to highlight the messaging option available in the app dashboard (please see more here: https://helpdesk.humanity.com/articles/knowledge/Message-Inbox). We will surely consider integrating the instant messaging option as well, as we understand that it would be very valuable to some of our users.

Richard
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Make Today's date a stronger yellow color

Bewertet am 15.4.2017

When my staff or I am tired, we confuse this week with next week because the yellow color marking today's date is too weak a yellow color. Today's date needs to be a stronger yellow color so we notice it. I took a master's course in human factors in design from a current NTSB investigator. The course stressed that schedules, etc must take human factors into consideration.

However, otherwise, Shiftplanning is a great tool.

Just please stop your employees with egos from constantly changing Shiftplanning to look more "elegant." That is stupid management at the top. Confusing icons without visible descriptions have been added as well compared to the original version.

1) Power to add future schedules by using current ones.
2) Photo check in and photo check out feature.
3) Automatic emailing and messaging to employees of next shift.
4) Calculating out wages.

1) Too weak yellow color highlighting today's date in Shiftplanning window.
2) Increasingly confusing unmarked and nearly hidden icons and features icons placed all over the screen. Stop with all this increasing "elegance" to make it look more elegant. Makes it harder and harder to use.
3) High cost for a small business.
4) The Humanity phone app does more harm than good as it is designed now. Doesn't work. makes you waste valuable time, frustrating, buttons don't work, etc.

• Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Using trial version of ShiftPlanning and am very impressed

Bewertet am 5.7.2016

I am the Help Desk Manager of five employees at Monongahela Valley Hospital. My employees are on a shift rotation. Things become complicated if someone goes on leave or on vacation. ShiftPlanning was able to import my current schedule from an Excel document. This took a short time and imported most of it successfully. What it didn't import successfully, they were able to correct after fixing the format it was in. The support is great (I use mostly chat). Their chat support is fantastic. If you do not respond in a certain time frame, they email you with updates to your question/problem. I have dealt with other chat support where if you don't respond in a certain time frame, the chat is closed and you have to start over. This is where ShiftPlanning's support outranks most company's.

Automatically schedules employees with rotating shifts. Able to set rules that apply only to your organization. For example, my employees cannot be scheduled 2 shifts within 8 hours of each other and they cannot work more than five consecutive days without a day off.
The support is great. When using their chat support, if you do not respond, your session does not end. You will be sent an email with any updates on your question/problem. This is a huge plus for me as I get pulled away from my desk often.
Employees can request vacations and personal days, and can also request to swap shifts with another employee through the software. This can be set to require approval.

Not a deal breaker for me, but unable to put OFF on days an employee is not scheduled.
For Week mode, unable to remove the employee title from the schedule. Again, not a deal breaker.

Nathaniel
Nathaniel
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The easier way to manage shifts

Bewertet am 8.1.2019

Overall humanity helped to organize employees, create a simpler way to communicate, and remove the burden of shift planning.

Humanity makes it easier for companies to manage their employees shifts, have employees clock in and out. Employees can also mark them selves for leave and communicate with others in an easy to use way that makes working that much easier.

Overall I enjoyed using Humanity at my previous workplace, but there were a few annoying things like when the organization tried to "double book" an employee on purpose (for instance if the employee was managing two areas).

Hi, Nathaniel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Making employee management more straightforward and intuitive is our primary goal, while also striving for a balanced approach that provides more agency to the employees. We would appreciate it if you would send us more details about the "double book" issue you mentioned at [email protected]. Thank you in advance.

Tyler
Tyler
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Good communication platform

Bewertet am 14.2.2020

It is fairly easy to use and set up, having notifications enabled on your phone though can get annoying with multiple staff responding to messages at all times of the day. It is your choice what notifications you get though.

Shifts posted and picked up quickly by staff that have notifications set on their phones. Easy clock in process.

On the app there is an option to add notes to your time schedule about missed lunch, or overtime for example. Unfortunately you have to be clocked in to be able to do it and many staff forget and have to ask an admin to add the note after the fact.

Allan
Allan
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Somewhat buggy, less than intuitive UI, poor report performance

Bewertet am 23.12.2015

We used Shiftplanning for a little over a year, and we found the system to be somewhat counter-intuitive when constructing schedules. It took us over 2 days of concentrated efforts to set up our scheduling system in a way that worked for us (compared to the 20 minutes it took us to do the same through WheniWork). The most frustrating thing was the reports: if you wanted a simple summary of employees hours, it produced this massive report that couldn't be reformatted, and didn't fit when trying to print on legal paper (good luck with trying to print on an even smaller sheet of 8.5/11). We had many issues with the app-based terminals as well - there were quirky limitations that wouldn't allow people to log in from the terminal even after saving it to an IP address (we have a static IP address at the office network). It also "forgot" the authorizations for the terminal, and it was rare that things "just worked"

Pricing is pretty good. But when compared to other services, you're getting what you pay for.

User interface is more complicated than it needs to be, and when setting up a complicated shift schedule for multiple locations and positions at those locations, it took a lot of work to organize it in a way that worked how we wanted it to.
Buggy apps / iPad terminals
Frustrating reports. Difficult to print.

Michelle
Michelle

Good Scheduling Program

Bewertet am 10.7.2018

Good program for companies where employees set their own schedules. Has message boards and notices section. Very comprehensive. Allows employees the ability to swap schedules and request vacation time.

Not as beneficial to companies that set the schedules for their employees. No way to put notes on the scheduled dates.

Brittany
  • Branche: Tierarzt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Works great on PC and mobile app

Bewertet am 19.11.2018

Allows you to see yours and co workers schedule anywhere. Also, allows you to request time off anywhere.

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Matthew
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Great Customer Service and Great Program

Bewertet am 12.4.2016

Shiftplanning took my company out of the stoneage of spreadsheet schedules to interactive and well organized scheduling software. We manage 27 locations within 15 miles of each other with a staff population of about 550. Shiftplanning's FREE setup service allowed us to easily setup all our employees and locations. The Customer Service is the best part. My personal CS client works tirelessly to ensure we are successful and is extremely responsive to needs and requests returning all emails or phone calls within 24 hours. It has made an otherwise colossal task simple and easy to do

Free Setup Service
Event Log
Customized Reports
Combines HR, Timekeeping, Accounting, and Scheduling into one
Superb Customer Service
Constantly being improved to make better by listening to clients for improvements

Roy
  • Branche: Eventservice

Low-Hassle Shift-Planning

Bewertet am 26.4.2019

Overall, Humanity is an effective way to organize employee scheduling. It is extremely easy to pick up and use, and it allows employees to have a greater freedom over their shifts through the ability to trade. Although this process is complicated at first, it definitely gets easier as you use it. The reminders are useful, and help with timeliness for shifts.

My favorite thing about Humanity is that it is incredibly easy to view and handle shifts without actually having to talk to a boss in-person. This streamlines this process, saving time for both supervisors and employees. Additionally, it has a simple and intuitive user interface and I was able to pick up most of the features without any in-depth training within several weeks. I also like that it automatically reminds you that you have a shift coming up a day before and an hour before the shift starts, thus making sure that employees are less likely to miss or be late to shifts.

The process of trading shifts is difficult, and especially difficult on the mobile app. Additionally, configuring availability hours takes a long time, however this only needs to be done once, unless availability changes regularly. The mobile app is also hard to navigate, as some of the icons can get confusing, however you won't need to do much more than clock in and out using the app - the rest can be done easily on a computer.

Hi, Roy,
We're glad Humanity has been so useful to your team. We're always striving to upgrade both desktop and mobile app user experience, so thank you for acknowledging our efforts and providing suggestions for improvement. If you have any specific proposals, you can send them to [email protected], and for any difficulties you might experience, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team via Live Chat.

Kevin
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Time Saver

Bewertet am 18.12.2018

I manage a work study staff of 30+ students at a small college. Their work study job is not their first priority so availability, priorities, and their schedules are always changing. It's really nice to have a software to manage much of the administrative side of things. I upload the availability, spend an initial investment creating the schedule. If I have done my job correctly things pretty much run themselves throughout the rest of the semester.

Ease of updating availability for employees. Clearly seeing how many people can cover what shift. Ability for employees to drop, add, or trade shifts without me micro managing. Creating multiple classification of jobs to organize the different roles in the work place. Reporting makes it easy to submit to payroll.

The billing is a bit confusing. They bill based off of per user per month. With breaks and a rotating staff I often end up challenging the original bill I get. Customer service has always been good and responds quickly and makes changes.

Hello, Kevin,
Thank you for the extensive review! In such a dynamic work environment, we're glad our app can provide peace of mind with managing different roles and availabilities. As for our billing process, it is set up by default to accommodate the majority of organizations, but, of course, as you have been able to tell yourself, we are always open for discussion in such specific cases such as your own. Our support team is available to you 24/7 via Live Chat on our homepage or app dashboard.

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Easy Shift Planning and Scheduling

Bewertet am 10.4.2019

I enjoy using Humanity. It makes scheduling and planning very simple due to their great user interface. I can quickly check any upcoming shifts, and plan accordingly. I would recommend this shift planning service to anyone who needs one.

Humanity is a very easy to use program. To start off, the time availability function is very useful in scheduling. I was able to go day-by-day and show my hours of availability. This assures that you will not get scheduled on times you are not available.

Humanity also has a great layout that is simple and easy to use. It shows your upcoming shifts for the next Week, Two Weeks, and Month depending on your selection. It is a great way to visualize upcoming shifts.

Lastly, the shift trading function is invaluable. You can either drop a shift, which means that another employee has the option to pick it up, or trade. When you trade, Humanity automatically swaps your shifts. It is very easy to use and has great functionality.

One of my only qualms with Humanity is logging in. Often during log-in, it requires me to input my password a second or third time. I have a long password so this can get very infuriating at times when I know I input my password correctly. Other than than, Humanity has been a great program for me to use.

Hi,
Thank you for the extensive review. We work hard to make the interface user-friendly, so managing schedules is straightforward and seamless for the entire team. It's great to hear we succeeded in making shift scheduling more comfortable and enjoyable for you. We checked with our Product team about the login incidents you described, and we need more details to help you resolve the issue, so please contact our Support team via Live Chat or [email protected].

David
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The most ideal service I've found for companies working with contractors rather than employees

Bewertet am 17.4.2017

We have been using Humanity to run the work assignments for a video production business for two years. In that time the service uptime has been flawless. I have never had a time where the service did not perform or was down.

Phone support is the best that I have every encountered. Not only are calls answered quickly but the techs have deep knowledge and have been able to resolve issues in a matter of minutes, allowing me to stay on scheduling tasks.

*** We don't have many employees but use a lot of contractors, who don't get paid by the hour or salary. Humanity accommodates this through it's sophisticated "Work Units" feature. We assign work unit value for each job or task, allowing robust accounting for this type of relationship.

My contractors like the interface and importantly, say that it makes it's notification system helpful as well. As a result, lates and failure to reports are now almost non-existent.

Robust features closely match my needs for a comprehensive, one-stop service.

Work units report doesn't allow the shift title, notes, or remote site. I have to manually merge WU and custom reports (shifts scheduled) for each employee, which is very time-consumming.

If I can add a second complaint, I really need to be able to avoid having the system label my contractors as employees.

Maureen
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Scheduling software!

Bewertet am 15.12.2016

We were looking for a software that would handle scheduling, shift trades and hold our staff accountable for showing up on time to each shift and more. This software has exceeded our expectations and we fully enjoy using it. The staff is able to upload their photos so other staff can put a face to a name, set their own availabilities, release shifts, see who is clocked in, add their personalized notifications and run reports for timecard and schedules. It is very user-friendly and easy to learn. This software has solved a lot of the problems we used to experience in the past. If ever there is an issue a staff member is readily available to answer our questions. We often get personalized phone calls or emails and chats just to see how the software is doing. They are always improving the software and updating to make even more powerful and user-friendly. It did not take long for us and our staff to start learning how to use it.

Easy to use, great customer service and flexibility of the software.

none at the moment

• Branche: Darstellende Künste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Humanity is great for corporations with a high volume of employees.

Bewertet am 30.5.2018

Easy access and clear communication when inquiring about my schedule

Easy access and clear communication when inquiring about my schedule

This shift planning software allows the employees to schedule and update shifts with ease without having to be in constant back and forth with the supervisor. As an employee, I can view what shifts are available months in advance and mark my unavailabilities so that Humanity marks those shifts as blocked. The greatest features include a message wall where supervisors may send employees mass messages as well as the feature to view who is on what shifts, even if they are on different calls than you.

The one thing that could be reevaluated would be the notification system. If Humanity were to send notifications when new shifts become available, as well as text message reminders/updates instead of email reminders getting lost in the inbox. Currently, employees must check the available shifts daily to find any new available shifts.

Jessica
  • Branche: Versicherung

Overall good software

Bewertet am 17.4.2017

Humanity is good software for scheduling and providing a central location for staff to view their schedule and submit leave requests. Since we joined, a few new features have helped us out such as the partial time off requests, etc. I have a few issues with the software, such as when a staff member leaves, it is a very manual process to remove them from future shifts. I have yet to find a good way of doing this and end up going through the next 6 months manually. As for vacation, our staff accrue time off, and this feature is not supported, therefore our time off requests are very manual too. I see how this is good for companies who are constantly changing staff and shifts, however for us, we use a lot of workarounds as our schedule is pretty set. It would be good to be able to add shift patterns to staff availability.

The ease of use for staff members is great.

Not having the option for accrued time off. It is tedious to remove staff from future schedules when someone leaves the organization. There is not the ability to add staff to a set "shift pattern".

Dana
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

As a manager with many employees, schedules and work areas, this program has been life...

Bewertet am 5.8.2017

Prior to Humanity, our schedule was managed via email and Microsoft calendars. It was nearly impossible to appropriately approve vacation requests and get overtime shifts covered. After implementing Humanity the amount of stress that was eliminated was absolutely life changing!

I love how easy it is to use. I'm able to manage my ever changing schedule/staff with minimal effort. It's very easy to fill overtime slots and approve vacation requests ensuring my employees have a great work/life balance.

There are some limitations when it comes to customizing the interface. I'd like to be able to change the default option for requesting time off. I'd also like to be able to change some of the terminology used to better reflect what I'm using it for.

• Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool, somewhat hard to navigate

Bewertet am 1.5.2018

It allows me to see my colleague's schedules and record time off, etc. It was re-designed a few months ago and is now more visually pleasing.

The tool doesn't offer "everything" - we were in need of a more robust tool to track PTO requests and HR documentation, so we eventually transitioned to a different software.

Antwort von TCP

Hello, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it! We are sorry to hear to hear you are no longer using our app. Our clients mainly use our features for the top-quality employee scheduling, time tracking, vacation management and payroll. While our software makes the job easier for many HR representatives, we are predominantly focusing on employee scheduling needs of our clients.

Janice

ShiftPlanning

Bewertet am 14.9.2016

While ShiftPlanning is a great product, with most of the features I need, it was a bit confusing as to which settings to use and how to set them up. I am tech-savvy and it took about a month to understand the steps to get to a certain result. Tech Support was invaluable with their quick response and help. I use it 100% now, and wonder now how we got along without it. Such a timesaver!

It's invaluable in time-keeping and creating shifts. The report function is fantastic for timekeeping and payroll. There are work-arounds to get to where you need to be, with the help of Tech Support.
The mobile app for the staff is easy to use.

The desktop version is not user-friendly at first. Once you figure out the concept and how it works, and with time, you get to know the ins/outs. While I am tech savvy, I was confused about where to start with the set-up, which settings to use, and how to set up those settings for our company. The set-up was a disappointment to me in that you need a lot of time to understand how to do the different settings. I had to keep bugging Tech Support to help me with it.
The tutorials are great, but the User Manual needs a lot of work.

Mauro Alejandro
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

The camera bug on Humanity

Bewertet am 26.3.2019

The Shiftplanning view is the most powerful feature for productivity for reviewing your schedule and shifts at work.

There is a bug with the dashboard view and the photo snapshot for the shift acknowledge that most of the time crash on the internet version of the app. The solution for this bug that I have found to work is to clean the cache (sometimes work) or click the dashboard tab for reloading the page (sometimes work too).

Hi, Mauro Alejandro,
Thank you for bringing our attention to the issue you've been experiencing. Our Product team tested it and found that everything functions properly on our end. In case anything similar occurs, please reach out to our Support team via Live Chat so we can get more details about the issue and help you resolve it.

Justin
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It was much better before they "improved" it

Bewertet am 24.4.2017

We had been using this software for years. They decided to change everything about it, making it harder for all my employees. We have switched to a cheaper system that provides better support, more robust schedule building templates, and greater connectivity to employees. Thank you for ruining your software so I had a reason to find someone better.

They are great at taking your money.

scheduling is rigid and unable to accommodate atypical (non-weekly) schedules. User interfacing is lacking. Customer service is slow, and makes promises they are not authorized to keep.

Joseph
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Life Changer

Bewertet am 15.4.2017

Humanity has saved me so much time. I don't know what I would do without it. The Amion program is being pushed by my company's upper administration because it is cheaper. So, I hope I'm not forced to leave you guys because of money. I am trying to show them how easy your application is to use. I am hoping once they see that, others in the company will want to use Humanity for scheduling their providers and drop Amion. However, that's iffy. Do you guys have a corporate discount that would be a flat fee instead of a fee based on number of employees? Novant Health is the 31st largest healthcare system in America. If I could get them to use Humanity instead of Amion for scheduling all of the healthcare providers who do shift work, it would be a sizable amount.

see comments

see comments

Scott
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Humanity Recently TRIPLED in Price!

Bewertet am 14.7.2021

At this point I see no "pro's".

Humanity has lost all good will by tripling its pricing with 14 days notice!

Common business practice, like with their AWS upgrade, would have been to make multiple attempts to notify its customer – including using its chatbot that pricing was going from $33/month to $100/month. This was not done. Sneaky to say the least….

We will be looking for a new service provider.

Dustin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Humanity has been a great way for our company to keep everyone on the same page.

Bewertet am 16.10.2017

Easy to use system for scheduling and time keeping.

Easy to use system for scheduling and time keeping.

The global scheduling and time keeping is great. We like having everything in one system. The ability to upload files is a great asset as well as the company dashboard for quick communication.

The mobile app has some limited features that make checking schedules of others complicated. There some occasional issues with the system going down during business hours.