Phocas Software

Einfach zu verwendende Business Intelligence.

Sortieren nach

Bobby
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Getting the most out of data 'NOW' !!

Bewertet am 11.8.2021

Our number one benefit was saving time and delivering information to our Salesforce. Prior to PHOCAS every need for information came as a request to our I.T. department. With a limited staff keeping our systems updated and available was a major time consumer ... leaving very little time to develop the report or query request that constantly came into the department. After Implementing PHOCAS the number of request went down mon th by month as the Salesforce started using PHOCAs and getting their information without having to wait on the I.T. staff to produce it.

Deliver what was promised. Ease of implementation, Ease of training, Ease of Customer service.
Price point sealed the deal.

As we looked at several products we found that most of them had the same look and feel. Most wanted a high front end implementation cost along with a 2 year commitment. Phocas was willing to do a 'Install, try and buy' approach.... nothing to lose but some system admin time working with Phocas to setup the environment to prove it worked. So with that said ... our only 'con' comment is ... we wish we had implemented sooner.

Lisa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

Phocas is a fantastic tool!

Bewertet am 10.8.2021

I do a lot of reporting in my role with the company, not only internal but external to our vendors and also customers.

I am able to provide real time reports via Phocas. This has been where I most have appreciated the software. I used to have to email all my reports which would take countless hours week after week. WIth Phocas, setting up a link takes a few minutes on the front end but then it's done and you can easily share with many.

I have been able to dig into our data and provide analysis that I would have not been able to do otherwise.

I love the flexibility within Phocas and the ease with which you can customize reporting to fit so many different areas of business. I especially am thankful for the links that you can provide to non-users to share reporting outside of your company. Phocas makes my job so much easier and gives me the power to provide quick and useful reports.

Until I discovered the online videos and trainings, I was not able to use the software to the fullest! I highly recommend when the software is introduced to a new user, that they watch some of the 101 level trainings to learn all that can be done.

Delaney
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Marketing Review 8/2021

Bewertet am 17.8.2021

Overall, I am genuinely happy with Phocas. I'm the kind of person who gets excited about report customization and flexibility within the way we structure our data.

I love the customization of creating reports. Our users enjoy the independence of creating their own reports and the flexibility they have with customizing the structure of any data pulled.

We have a partner login within our license, and support for this add-on isn't yet where it needs to be in order to foster growth in this area.

Jason

Comprehensive Reporting & Business Building Tool

Bewertet am 10.10.2019

My overall experience with Phocas has been excellent, we use the system to monitor growing and declining sales to protect out business and easily identify buying gaps to help increase sales.

Ease of use, speed of reporting and level of detail available that can be accessed. Automated reporting saves a lot of time. Support from the account managers when required is excellent.

Sometimes some of the functionality could be improved further to allow more flexibility. An example here would be multiple options for subscriptions i.e. a weekly report that you could also set to receive at monthend without the need to create a new favourite. Nest function is a fantastic addition to the functionality but due to the way Phocas works you have to start at the bottom layer of data then build layers above.

alan
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Cost effective Management Information

Bewertet am 31.10.2019

This replaced "hand crafted" Excel and VBA sheets over a 10 day period to the consumer , we then developed Phocas to suit our needs and one drop of data updates all users with all views in 1 day.

Ease of use , ability to develop our own customised views , one change updates all consumers of the views , scalable - we can add more data and create relationships to enrich existing views to the consumer , Enable better decision making data in dashboard views allowing the consumer to pic and choose what is important today .
We have never looked back - we chose Phocas in 2013 to feed our front end business with tailor made views of data to enable swift decision making - we developed our support team to self create views from data feed through to data visualisation - this replaced our Excel and VBA sheets that were people hungry to produce - now we simply load our data periodically and the consumer can a see "all they want to see when they want to see it "

Understanding how the background of the product , as we decided from day one that we would be self sufficient in all our development needs and not many businesses had taken this approach with Phocas at that time.

Chris
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Product with First Class Support

Bewertet am 5.8.2021

Phocas has easily been one of our most successful implementations. Users love it.

Offers easy deployment and maintenance. Database builds are a snap while offering dynamic reporting, dashboards and alerts.

More access to backend functionality would be helpful.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Microsoft Power BI

Warum Phocas Software gewählt wurde

Cost, functionality and maintenance
Moe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Great , Impactful Software

Bewertet am 29.7.2021

overall I am very satisfied with this program and I highly recommend it to my clientele.

Ever Since the team has implemented Phocas,

I have been able to track my sales progress and been able to keep up with my goals and successes.

this program also allows me to have my track record available and see where I need improvement and have a clear written history in terms of graphs and charts as to what has been done in the past, and present.

the only problem I have with this problem is that sometimes , the program freezes, lags and does not upload the data from the day prior.

Mike
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

BI software that let's me do it the way I want to do it.

Bewertet am 9.10.2019

Being able to run reports in minutes instead of hours has saved me so much time. It helps me work more efficiently.

What I most like about Phocas is I can get to the information I need by how I think about it. While someone else in my company can get to the same exact information in a totally different manner. The great thing is we get to the same exact information.

The thing I like least is the inability to print nice looking dashboards. We have sales meetings and the managers want to print each salesmen's information from a master dashboard. This way it can be handed out to each person so they can see their information as it is talked about generally in the meeting.

Robert
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Hindsight is 20/20, Phocas brings it to your Dashboard!

Bewertet am 2.8.2021

From day one, the support we have felt from our primary internal advocate has allowed us to venture further and deeper into the expanse of Phocas. I am taking this individual's deliverables as a testimony to the support being shared by the Phocas Team.

The apparently limitless possibilities. With our custom insulation solutions business, our metrics and analytics are unique, and Phocas has kept up, nay, surpassed our demands!

There is not a con to the software, the con comes with my time being able to dig in and leverage all of the cool factors.
My analogy: my car has many special cool features, but most of the time, I simply get in it and drive.
Need to stop, read the manual, and truly put it (and expect excellent performance) to the test!

Derek

Feedback

Bewertet am 10.8.2021

Its been nicer to have all the information shown in 1 spot in a easy to read format, still has some areas that could be developed more and make it clearer to navigate through all the information available.

The charts and graphs are easy to read and understand

Its hard to navigate drilling down into the sub category's to sort information.

Dean

Happy PHOCAS User

Bewertet am 10.8.2021

I speak for all at 3E when I say this product is used daily and relied upon to be the source of good data for analytics from our ERP System.

Ease of use.
Depth of its capabilities.
Intuitive - Minimal Training needed for general user.

I wish I had more time to learn the product backend features.

DArren

Excellent Business Intelligence

Bewertet am 8.10.2019

Managing a sales force performance is key and the data provided by Phocas allows quick and easy benchmarking. There is also a superb level of output for the sales force to use to be better account managers and category champions.

The ability to dive into category data, and split by customers, customers groups, date ranges, sales rep, is excellent.
Also the ability to present customers purchasing data to them via matrix reports and charts is very impressive.

Writing custom reports is a great feature but can be tricky if you don’t do it very often.

Grahame
  • Branche: Lagerung

Our experience over 16 years of Phocas usage

Bewertet am 8.10.2019

We have been a user of Phocas since 2003 and it has proved to be the single most useful piece of software we have ever used. We have our staff, customers and suppliers accessing the system, it is that good. Our suppliers prefer to use Phocas to their own in house systems and our customers say they have never seen anything as good. Without Phocas we would seriously struggle to know what is going on in our business.

There is nothing we don't really like...

mark

great staff , great system I have nothing but praise for Phocas

The system is great to use and easy , I like the fact I can customize reports and dashboards to suit my business.

I have no issues with the software, the system works well for us.

Bo
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Phocas - Best Data Investigation Tool I've Seen

Bewertet am 5.8.2021

I love Phocas and would recommend it to businesses. Especially if you're a small or mid-sized business without a fully fleshed out data department.

Phocas makes it very easy to get data out in front of people. Users don't have to be super smart with data, however if they are at least mildly smart with data then it isn't just an easy solution to get data in front of them but then becomes incredibly powerful. Users will feel empowered to be able to dig into anything from high level sales to individual transactions.

The visualizations on Dashboards is lacking and could be improved. Also if you have some incredibly complex calculations then sometimes the way to implement that in Phocas isn't super straightforward.

Cyndi

Phocas BI

Bewertet am 10.10.2019

We are an Electrical Distributor. We use Phocas in every facet of our business to pull data about sales, inventory, products.

Easy to use and understand. Logical thought processes to pull your data.

When using the Nesting feature you have to be right on the "Drag here" in order to have your other dimension stick. Sometimes you must try three or four times before it holds.

John

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

Good, I can see what everyone is buying, how I’m targeting specific products we manufacture. Follow up leads. Easily compare turnovers. See who has stopped buying a particular part no, and see who is buying something new.

All information I need for sales, prospects easily available.
Updates every day

Nothing really. All works pretty easily for the info I need

Tad
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Bewertet am 4.8.2021

building dashboards is easy, building reports (favorites) is easy.

The data. Just like any other reporting software. If you don't have a good structured dataset (source files) then it makes it harder. That's not a bad thing about THIS software, though ;)

David

Phocas review

Bewertet am 8.10.2019

We have improved margin, customer retention, staff output and much more.

Data is very powerful when used properly.
Easy to use once leaned and it's extremely quick to extract important data.

Some bugs still sit in the software. Not a lot but they are annoying when they do pop up.

Brandon
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette

The first place I turn to find answers

Bewertet am 31.3.2015

Phocas is like Legos. With a little creativity, you can build almost anything you'll ever need to find and solve problems with stats. Simple but consistent and powerful.

The product always gives quick, accurate results; however, the support team does not. We get very custom with how we use the BI, and it feels like high-end users know more about the product than the advocates. It takes time to get details worked out on new databases, and we have been skipped over for upgrades in the past.

Mitch

Phocas Review

Bewertet am 4.8.2021

Very pleased with the product and the Phocas team.

Phocas quickly converts data from Job Management and Eclipse into simple, easy to use, customizable dashboards to help monitor all aspects of our business.

The Phocas team has been very helpful with listening to our needs and training, facilitating change requests, and assisting us with problems.

ken

INcrease knowledge

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

we use Phocas to gain a better understanding of our customer transactions and history. we used this to review what if customer verses product purchases and this enabled us to put some attention to opportunities we had not seen before, increasing sales by 5%

allowed data analysis that improved our ERP system. enabled decisions that increased sales

remembering how to use all of the features

Gar
  • Branche: Papier & forstwirtschaftliche Erzeugnisse

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

Helps me stay up to date with what happened and anticipate coming trends

Easy to use, quick access, daily reporting

Can’t streamline some of the reporting not a timely report process

James

Jim's Review

Bewertet am 26.8.2021

Good

Sales reports, inventory reports for customers

Challenging to learn, glad that you have had training

Misael
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

Extremely User-Oriented

Outstanding and user friendly

The ability to view our sales data in a easily consumed and manipulated form is invaluable.

The only unpleasant aspects about the software is certain data can only be accessed if provided from a third party agency. In this particular situation, you aren't dealing with Phocas' excellent service team and might have to wait longer periods of time to get what you want.