• Funktionen
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Shared IP -> 10% der Mails werde als Spam abgewiesen

Bewertet am 28.8.2020

Die Einrichtung war super einfach und schnell erledgt.

Sofern man nicht seine eigene IP hat, werden die Mails sehr häufig als Spam abgewiesen. Die Shared-IPs sind werden von vielen missbraucht und sind daher in einigen Listen als Spam-IP aufgelistet.

Brandon M.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Incredible Deliverability, Clean Platform, Success with MailGun!

Bewertet am 10.12.2019

Super pleasant, great chat support, fast email support replies, always quick to help and communicate.

Clean UXI for navigating the system, simple set up, clear dashboard to find issues quickly and navigate around the site. Ability to clean database lists to minimize bounce. However, the BEST part is they are free up to 10,000 emails a month, which is a ton! So to give the full custom power of connecting your domain and sending out, that's a huge value. I will get over that limit and upgrade soon, but that is an incredible way to start a relationship. Almost a year of free service to use their system versus my server.

I actually have not found anything that I do not like. Many will complain about high bounce rates or going into spam. I find that issue arrises on multiple factors outside of mailgun control, such as the receiving server, and the mail habits of the person opening it, do they get a bunch of spammy mail already? And was the mail piece written in a poor nature, this increases spam folder direction, however, they do have dedicated IP service for those wanting to mitigate one area of cause for spam direction. Again, never been my experience.

Luke J.

Great Software Gone Greedy

Bewertet am 25.3.2021

Outside of them changing their payment tier / plan system I haven't had any issue with Mailgun. I always found their customer service great and the product itself to be fantastic and does exactly what it's supposed to. I just really wish they brought back the routing feature to the free tier.

Great API, Super easy to integrate into various types of website / webapp setups. I previously used Mailgun for a variety of different integrations and never had any issues. Complete frictionless integration from beginning to end.

I dislike that the features we used to get for free are now hidden behind a paywall. Features such as routing emails I find to be rudimentary and were previously built into the free / pay as you go tier. Now it is locked behind the $35 dollar tier. This is a pain for small businesses that want to accept a few emails from a professional email with their own domain. Now to unlock that feature they must over commit to a tier with an allowance of 10k plus emails a month. This I feel has squeezed many small businesses out of using their service and it has definately moved me from recommending & using them in future as I would have previously for my smaller clients.

Vendel E.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good, but crap customer service

Bewertet am 28.7.2020

They suddenly and mistakely suspended one of my domain and took ages to get it back. They told me that their back-end service sometomes does it by mistake... not sure why it took them days and days to reply, and still not resolved after almost a week... (I was using a mid-range package, so not the the free tier.)

Easy to setup and use in WHM
Clean and userful dashboard

Customer service is slow and useless
More expensive compare to others

• Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Very user friendly and highly recommended

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

The process from the very start was very straightforward and allowed myself and fellow marketing and development team members to grasp the intricacies and entire tool set within the platform.

The ability to connect to our internal platform to send transactional email and monitor activity are features that really stand out and directly address our needs in terms of email deliverability, activity tracking and technical solutions.

The ability to migrate from the legacy to the newest version of the platform has not been the simplest process. While the workarounds have suited our needs just fine, it hasn't been the simplest process to migrate over from the legacy version.

Lucas P.
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bare-bones but super reliable and easy to use.

Bewertet am 26.4.2020

I use several different email service providers, each for a different reason. I use Mailgun almost exclusively for inbound mail processing. The inbound processing also offers a preliminary spam filter so that at least most of the spam isn't sent further down my process chain.

It's super easy to set up inbound routes using specific strings or wildcard matches that will accept mail and forward to multiple different recipients. These recipients can be either proper email addresses or webhook endpoints.

I often use the address forwarders in combination with the SMTP outbound service to build a system where Gmail users can use their free gmail.com account to receive and send emails from their small business domain without having to sign up for and configure a proper G Suite account.

I use the webhook forwarders in combination with Zapier and Integromat to receive any emails that need to be processed and automatically acted on. Mailgun normalizes all the different types of email and attachment encodings and packages the message data into an easy-to-parse JSON package that makes it super easy for me to grab what I need and reliably act on the normalized data.

Inbound mail processing with spam filter
Free tier offers great sending limit
SMTP and API integration for outbound messaging

This product doesn't offer any sort of backend mail building or sending functionality. It's only an engine for sending messages. This means you'll have to build your messages somewhere else and integrate them into your sending code.

Cristian V.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Simplify your email sending

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

We use mailgun for all of our transactional email. We manage, from a single account, a lot of our domains. We always have detailed insight into what is happening with our email deliveries. When things go wrong, there is enough information to find the cause.

Ease of setup. Transparent pricing. Free tier goes up until a really high scale. Can use it via API or smtp, whatever you need.

Support is a little slow for non paying plans, but that is expected. There are no alarms in place for when something starts going wrong unexpectedly.

Daniel N.

Setup and use anywhere any how even API or SMTP

Bewertet am 10.9.2019

We use mailgun as transactional email services, their free tier fit with our basic usage.

API is very easy to integrated, SMTP alternative is a quick start to use in software that require SMTP protocol to send email.

Current dashboard is kind of complicated, sometime I could not find a setting or where I could set a adjustment.

Fast, Reliable and Affordable Email Provider

Bewertet am 7.8.2020

We use Mailgun for almost 80% of our email system, we stopped providing email directly from our servers due to DDOS and mailgun really helped us out!

The best would be their free tier, they recently changed their free tier but you still get free 1k+ emails per month. This is thier "pay as you use" tier. Very usefull if you're still new as you get all the features of a paid service. Very cheap even when you exceed the free emails.

I wish they have a lower tiered plan like $5 or $10 a month for low traffic sites. As a developer not all sites needs 10k emails a month.

Mailgun is great, the

Bewertet am 19.8.2020

They used to have a free tier (up to 10k emails a month) which provided a sample of all the features included in mailgun (like sending, receiving, authenticating, api etc.) now they got rid of that plan (even for customers who were "grandfathered in").
The new free plan isn't really free and they stripped out all the extra services.
It's tough that the entry price for any features is $35/month.

- It is extremely easy to get setup using Mailgun (they make it very simple for the user).
- They offer a lot of really useful features and well documented, powerful API.

The opening price is pretty high for an account with any sort of features, which makes it tough to justify using their service for a small project.
- The interface runs a bit slow and buggy at times (like viewing logs).

Jonathan T.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Feature rich, strong support team

Bewertet am 21.12.2020

Overall, a very good experience. Mailgun was definitely a very competent software and tool for dealing with the complex nature of sending out mass marketing emails successfully.

In my previous work as Director of Operations of a medical software company, I worked with the development team to implement and utilize the software. A lot of the technical side of things was over my head, but the mailgun support team was top notch and integral to us executing on a successful deployment of automated emails at a scale far greater than anything we had tackled before.

Most of my gripes are simply due to lack of understanding - a lot of the software was quite technical in nature and over my head. But I can't really speak in detail to any pros/cons of directly interacting with the software or its user interface.

Jon P.
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Mailgun provides reliable email delivery and tracking software

Bewertet am 29.4.2019

We use Mailgun to send emails from multiple domains through our ERP system. Mailgun as given us noticeable improvement to our email metrics and tracking. I would recommend Mailgun to others.

Our ERP system added integration with Mailgun several years ago and our ability to track and verify emails had been delivered significantly increased. We noticed an immediate increase in our email delivered confirmations. This is significant for us as we send our monthly account billing statements through email. If our emails aren't delivered, we don't get paid. Mailgun also provided much superior email tracking so we can identify which emails weren't delivered and find another way to get in contact with our customer.

Our biggest limitation with Mailgun is with our ERP system and how they only chose to provided limited support to the many features Mailgun offers.

Elliott L.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great solution for mail sending from vps providers like AWS

Bewertet am 18.7.2019

We use mailgun for all of our email sending needs across multiple servers and products. We implement mailgun as the default mail sender for any new projects too.

Its api is very simple to use, most PHP frameworks come with mailgun integration out of the box - if they don't, mailgun supports standard smtp anyway. Great usage graphs and multiple regions to send from. Is makes it very easy to send emails from php applications which would normally be blacklisted if you use standard php mail from inside a VPS on e.g amazon/azure/vultr/digitalocean. Very generous free tier.

Their anti spam measures can sometimes not work - if your sending details have been compromised you can be hit with a pretty large bill before you realize someone has been sending hundreds of thousands of emails on your behalf.

Adrian C.
  • Branche: E-Learning

Mailgun is awesome

Bewertet am 1.10.2020

Easy to deploy, they even have an iOS SDK. I use it to deliver automated emails for my app (welcome emails, password reset, announcements, etc).

There are currently no cons for me with this software.

Aaron D.
  • Branche: Internet

Almost a necessity with server configs and email filters!

Bewertet am 7.6.2018

Mailgun ensures that emails sent from your site make it the destination email inbox and not the spam folder. Easy to use, free for the first 10,000 and has mail logs. All around, a great product!

Mailgun ensures that emails from your website actually make it to their destination. With their free tier covering the first 10,000 emails, it's a free solution to a prominent issue: emails getting stuck in email filters or not making it at all. Mailgun is easy to sign up for and easy to integrate into your site, especially if you are using WordPress. Absolutely love the mail logs too - that's come in quite handy on many an occasion.

As a web developer, I understand the need and value of Mailgun. It can be difficult for new users to understand this though.

Tyler M.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great SMTP for sending bulk or transactional email

Bewertet am 16.6.2020

We have achieved great eCPM mailing costs and gained access to higher volume mail to reach our subscribers

Mailgun allows for a lot of customization. Users use the service on the backend as the infrustructure to mail, while using their own service portal to send the mail and segment their subscriber base. Mail sending is fast, reliable, and they have dedicated and shared IPs for sending.

Since it is only to be used as the infrastructure to mail, companies will need the know-how of hooking up SMTP connections and have access to a developer and front-end software.

Gonzalo B.
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Finally, emails reaching their destination.

Bewertet am 30.4.2019

Overall great value for the free tier, 10.000 emails for free plus great deliverability and integration, great for Wordpress users.

When developing a custom PHP app or using Wordpress you often face the issue of your notifications and customer emails getting stuck or not passing the mails filters. This is a big issue, when for example you are sending out important information like an order confirmation or a ticket for your event and your users are not getting your emails or they are arriving into their SPAM folder.

Mailgun has proved superb on improving email deliverability and their logs are super helpful as well, you can track what went wrong if anything. Their interface is easy to use and to the point. Moreover, their free tier gives you 10.000 emails for use, for free. Something great for companies doing product research, I found their API easy to use and easy to integrate with my projects, Wordpress being the easiest: a plugin + an API key/secret. Regarding Wordpress I found Mailgun the best amongst options tried for email deliverability.

Cost of the paid tiers is pricey if you compare with the alternatives. Everything in Mailgun goes through their API, so if you need a Full UI alongside the API this might not be the best choice.

Cuong T.

The best SMTP provider I love most

Bewertet am 9.8.2019

Mailgun worked for me seamlessly, no challenge and I'm happy to use it, even will buy their Pro Plan in the future.

I use Mailgun for my email marketing services and it works perfectly. Mailgun helped all my emails go straight to my prospectors' inbox instantly without any challenges.

With 10.000 free emails/month is a super deal for small business.

Besides, Mailgun is truly flexible for developers with Webhook Support, API support, SMTP user manager, Email Template Builder.

I hope Mailgun support Email Template Builder with Drag&Drop function that easier for me to create email templates for my workflow.

Bruce B.
  • Branche: Forschung

Rock solid delivery

Bewertet am 3.2.2019

Haven't had a complaint yet.

Configuring email is like conjuring drunk dragons with black magic: most of the time it only works so-so and any tiny mistake gets you burned. Mailgun has very good documentation on setting up your domain and configuring things so that your reputation is great and does not suffer. The REST API makes dealing with events a pleasure and the dashboard gives you great insight into where your mails are going to or coming from and why your audience is behaving the way it is.

There's not much not to like. The price is great (mostly free) and the documentation and reliability are 100%.

• Branche: Computer-Software

One of the best SMTP/API mail integration solutions

Bewertet am 14.6.2018

10,000 free emails a month, easy to use API, easy to integrate and send emails reliably.

Mailgun offers 10,000 free emails a month, which is much higher than a lot of the competing services in this category.
The web interface is clean and provides you with the information you need right on the landing page.
Integrates easy with many services and plugins exist for many platforms (eg Wordpress).
API is well documented.

While the Free tier of 10,000 emails a month is class leading, when you begin entering the paid tiers there are much cheaper alternatives available.
Email validation service is pricey for what it is.

Christopher C.
  • Branche: Fotografie

Most reliable yet

Bewertet am 21.11.2019

We've used a lot of solutions, we're a mid-sized business and don't send enough for our own IP, however, every other provider has not had great delivery due to that. Mailgun has been the first shared-IP provider to give us unbeatable performance.

Not being able to schedule emails more than 3-days in advance is a little bit of a downer, however, workarounds are simple.

John M.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Love Mailgun!!!

Bewertet am 1.8.2019

Allow me to remove the send-mail function away from the web-server, which can mean mail is affected (classed as SPAM) because of your website (HOSTING) IP address. Mailgun fixes this.

Like the fact that it helps your emails avoid Spam filters, which it achieves by ensuring the IP address(s) are clean.

When setting up the DNS (for the first time), if you have any conflicting records e.g. spf then this may / will prevent your account from being authenticated. A 5 min job can take 5 hours of waiting. Fortunately, Mailgun support is brilliant and can spot an error and offer a fix in seconds.

Brian C.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great service with easy integration.

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

First 10k emails through Mailgun are free, why not give it a try. Transactional outbound emails originating from Mailgun and are less likely to be blocked as spam.

Free options for small/startup businesses with reasonable prices for larger companies/projects. Mailing lists included.

WordPress integration is quite simple with the Mailgun plugin. Once installed and configured, the WP plugin allows websites to send form email responses with relative ease. The mailing list feature is nice bonus.

Management portal was updated recently and vastly improved the UI/UX experience.

Extended log access is only available in more expensive plans.

Michael H.
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Robust SMTP API for your sites, with no comprimises

Bewertet am 27.4.2019

We use Mailgun alongside other services such as Mandrill and SendGrid, depending on our clients needs for their site/app.

Mailgun has a really easy to implement API (for devs) with a bunch of different languages support like curl, PHP, Java, etc. - Within minutes, we were running the PHP API on our app, and sending out transactional emails.

Also good for devs: the extremely in-depth official docs provided by Mailgun. Along with case examples, and demos, you'll be ready to go, even if you're a bit less experienced with implementing an API of this sort.

One of my favourite features is the email validation API, which easily integrates into your forms via jQuery, and uses the Mailgun API to validate email inputs as users type their email. We use it on all of our forms now!

It's worth noting that everything that operates through Mailgun is through API, unlike something like SendGrid which offers a full dashboard alongside their API. This may or may not be an issue for some people.

Reliable

Bewertet am 10.1.2018

I'm using mailgun for transnational emails and I'm very happy I never encountered any problem, the interface is very good and simple, I like the fact we can setup multiple domains in the same account. All in all it's the best!

Mailgun didn't notify me when my account was suspended for a verification and in that time I lost many emails that may have resulted in contracts if they were delivered! You need to check you account regularly to make sure everything is OK!