7shifts

heather
heather

7shifts, not just for scheduling

Bewertet am 28.3.2019

I have found that using 7shifts significantly decreases the number of errors surrounding scheduling and requested time off which is priceless in a labor market like this. furthermore, the time and energy spent on writing the schedule is much lower than when we used a homemade spreadsheet.

7shifts makes scheduling easy with a copy to next week feature that allows scheduler to mimic previous weeks schedules.

the repeating schedule feature makes scheduling kinder - allowing staff to set a weekly schedule of availability.

the chat and announcements feature lets communication flow without messier emails and texts.

the app-based time off submissions really simplify and streamline a formerly archaic system that was easy to screw up with paper notes, emails, calendars, notebooks.

the shift pool empowers staff to make last minute changes to their schedules or pick up extra work.

there's a lot of neat features that you have to pay extra for like an events calendar and labor to sales based scheduling.

Antwort von 7shifts

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Heather. We are happy to hear that 7shifts is proving beneficial to your team at State Park, especially in a tight labor market. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do to help support you or your team.

Samson

7 Shifts works

Bewertet am 28.3.2024

I am generally happy with it, and once I'm in a rhythm it's efficient and effective.

The ability to create open shifts, schedule templates, easily maneuver shifts and see requested days off, availability desires and schedule events all make a for a robust scheduling too.

Needs previous of the 2 days surrounding the work week to ensure better scheduling, clearer availability systems or the ability of a manager to input availability based on conversations they had, and it needs more robust event scheduling options that can be tied to open shifts that need to be filled

Antwort von 7shifts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected].

Matthew
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

7Shifts went to a great platform for a good price to completely unusable and shockingly...

Bewertet am 2.11.2017

This software previously helped us save time and implement clear communication. It now is unusable and has little to no benefit.

7Shifts has a clean website that is easy to use when it is up. The best thing about the software was how it worked before they updated the system to be unusable and increased their prices by almost 600%.

7Shifts' new tools are not thoughtful and don't work with other systems. They have overhauled their system and the new system consistently has issues that make the website and apps unusable. Additionally, the regular system crashes come as 7shifts went from a very reasonable a month depending on the size of your business, to $57 for what we were paying a month for previously. Poor support along with a "Sorry! You are SOL" way of doing business makes 7Shifts a must avoid. Every update from 7Shifts has also included problem after problem. While the system to sign up for their service never goes down, the apps and website are now regularly unusable.

Madeline
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

7 Shifts is a great scheduling tool, easy to use!

Bewertet am 25.3.2024

I've really enjoyed using this app. Out of all the apps we use for running our restaurant it is the one I've never had an issue with. Easy to use and our staff really enjoy it as well. Also easy to navigate from desktop to app.

7 shifts make scheduling super easy! As a small restaurant with a small team I enjoy the template function that they have for you to use when scheduling week to week. It allows you to use the same schedule from the week before (or any week) to use for that weeks schedule. We have set schedules so this works well for us and makes scheduling super easy!

Additionally the announcements and direct messaging features of 7shifts allows us to get important information to our team quickly.

Sometimes it feels like the interface is a little busy for my liking but other than that I haven't had any issues with the app.

Allie

Great service

Bewertet am 25.3.2024

I really like the communication aspect, as well as the opportunity to give employees independence in arranging their schedule with “time off” and “availability”

It is sometimes slow and lagging, which makes it difficult to communicate with employees at times.

Jeffrey

7 Shifts Critique

Bewertet am 19.3.2024

Very good can’t say much negative about it

Very good can’t say much negative about it

Ease of use. Very simple to create schedules and send to the team

Doesn’t always update in real time for clocked in team members

Antwort von 7shifts

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with 7shifts! We love hearing about how 7shifts has positively impacted your restaurant. If there is ever anything we can help with, our team is here for you. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] for any extra feedback or questions.

Rachel

Simple and efficient

Bewertet am 19.3.2024

Ease of use and effectiveness - real time messages/shift updates that can reach multiple users.

Wish time clocking management was part of the free membership.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with 7shifts! We greatly appreciate customer feedback. With any concerns or feedback you'd like to share further, feel free to pass it along to [email protected].

Brett
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A great scheduler for a food & beverage business.

Bewertet am 26.3.2024

Ease of use between desktop and mobile, with the features I need in running a cocktail bar.

The events feature, which I use heavily can be a little glitchy.

Angela
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Streamlined scheduling and Communication! frees up time for other things

Bewertet am 25.3.2024

User friendly. Cost effective - you can have a plan with only the things you need and add on additional services as needed. Effective for communication

Employees need to remember to update the app often to keep the notifications coming and repair other glitches.

John

John's Review

Bewertet am 30.3.2024

Very pleased with this platform and has made scheduling a breeze!

Very pleased with this platform and has made scheduling a breeze!

Very easy to use interface. Log book and chat features are excellent!

The mobile application does not show enough information.

Keith
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Love 7Shifts!

Bewertet am 18.11.2019

From the beginning over 5 years ago to today, the entire team at 7Shifts has been great to work with and are very accomodating to my requests for further functionality.

I like that I the functionality of the app and online. It is easy to access and use. The app is free and this makes a big difference with our hourly team members.

I wish the reporting was more robust. Sometimes I need more data than the reporting is capable of pullin gin.

When I Work

Warum 7shifts gewählt wurde

HotSchedules was to cumbersome and slow. They charged for the app. They were slow to change and very expensive.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

The team at 7Shifts was always there when I had a question and made the integration process seamless.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Keith! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and the rest of your team at Kaldi's every day, and we look forward to building what you need for years to come. Cheers!

Tom

Game changing app!

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

Overall it’s great! Customer service is my biggest reason for using 7shifts!!!! Questions get addressed the same day! If there’s a glitch or a feature request, they listen and will try to implement on their next update. This app has come a long way. The app is ever evolving and I see new features being added from time to time. Love the support and love the evolution. Price is also fair. 100% will recommend to any businesses!

A super all-in-one app that does pretty much everything. Scheduling, to time clocking, to event calendar, to messaging, to task assigning. Price is fair and function is easy to use.

Messaging within the app is slow and unreliable. Amount of notifications received is too much and not easily customizable. Not having the ability to show a staff’s shift from another department that work multiple departments when printing is kind of a bummer (if I am scheduled to work as a manager in admin department, I will not show up in the restaurant department even though I am assigned and appear on schedule).

Warum 7shifts gewählt wurde

I started with Microsoft excel. It’s free, but you get what you paid for. Workarounds after workarounds. Then I tried “when I work”. It’s great, but they charge by the employee, which gets pretty expensive after 50+ people. MakeShift was recommended by our payroll company because our time clock is sync’d with MakeShift so we can effectively use labour forecast vs actual labour. But that’s the only thing good about it. Hate the fact I need to use 3 different apps - 1 for manager, 1 for staff scheduling and 1 for messenging… price is also higher too. 7shifts’s pricing is excellent. Flat fee, unlimited employees was huge. Plus the functions available was almost perfect! It hits every check mark and then some. If our time clock data (ADP) can be uploaded to 7shifts or have an integration between the two, that would be a dream come true!

When I Work und Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

Price was the biggest decision maker. Ease of use. And the fact the dev team listen and evolve to make the end user’s experience better is the key reason for the switch. I’ve already seen over 10 major upgrades over the past 2 years. No other products out there can do what 7shifts can!

Antwort von 7shifts

Tom, thank you SO much for such a detailed review with so much thought and consideration - our entire team really appreciates it and looks forward to providing your business with value for years to come.

Andrea
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My excellent experience with sevenshifts as a café owner

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

Overall, completely satisfied like I said, their technology is very easy to use mobile friendly they have every feature you could need small business to big business. I’m sure across industries, especially in the food and beverage business rates. Perfect so having a company like this is great. It’s also apparent by their new features that they’re adding that they’re continuing to innovate investing and grow and they’re going to be around so that’s important.

What I like most about this software is that it was super easy to use for me and my staff it’s just very easy and it starts off. You can just do the basics and I am as a new business owner. I was just you know priorities come up, so scheduling was just first and foremost, but it has so many features that you can add on them at any time which is great they have help then it’s a wonderful automated system and they’ve just added a ton of new great features. I am excited to use.

Honestly, I can’t say I didn’t like anything in particular or what I least liked I think with maybe what I least used was something where we would be things that bigger organizations might need to use that or not important or not necessary for my particular business, but there is nothing that was the least liked

Homebase

Warum 7shifts gewählt wurde

Didn’t know anything about homebase it was used by the previous person. I try to get in there and start using it switching over and it was just a headache so I just looked for a new system start fresh and this one was just doing easier and glad I did.

Homebase

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

So there’s a ton of different products out there seven shifts is a reasonable price and it had the features I needed for my industry so I looked at several products, but I focus on what they what features they had and what my priorities were at the time and it matched
Chris

Stacked and Folded Social House Review of 7Shifts

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

Overall it is a solid product, very happy with it!! I feel it blows Hot Schedules out of the water!!

Ease of use, lay out, certain reports. Ease for staff to communicate and input their availability and time off requests. It is user friendly on the front end.

Better labor forecasting, actual v forecasted, Day part labor separation ( lunch v dinner) and real-time labor v forecasted v last week ( or last quarter or last year). Being able to break down the sales by day part along with labor would be fantastic. Also the "optimal labor" tool is pretty weak and the graph used is not helpful.
Tip pooling or tip reporting enhancements. I have three cashiers on, having them the program able to split up the group tips by hours worked on that shift.

ADP Workforce Now, When I Work und HotSchedules

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

I liked the way it looked, the ease of learning it and the great support staff when we first started!!! Their patience and understanding was just awesome!!!

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Chris!

Stephanie
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Exactly what we were looking for

Bewertet am 21.6.2021

Support is phenomenal, and I find the program very user friendly. It was exactly what we were looking for.

It was critical for us to find software that would track each employee's unique schedule availability and limitations, and allow each other to automatically see the shift pool. It has reduced headaches and made team communications about the schedule virtually seamless.

We are missing the ability to see which manager makes what changes to already published schedules - it would be nice to have a "versions" page to see who made what switches. We would also like a bit more robust availability planning capability. Some of our staff can only work seasonally, others who work every other weekend - it would be nice to be able to set this up.

When I Work und WhenToWork

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

7Shifts offered so many features in the premium level, for about $10 more than what we were paying with our previous software. It also really mattered that 7Shifts doesn't charge per employee. We have room to grow without exponentially increasing related expenses.

Antwort von 7shifts

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed review Stephanie! I sent this to a few members of our team and all of them were blown away by your feedback. We really appreciate it.

To your feedback regarding which managers make changes to the schedule, you have the ability to see some of this in the Audit Log which you have access to in your account. You can learn more about it here: https://support.7shifts.com/article/256-activity-log

However, we our team agrees that this probably won't satisfy exactly what you are looking for, so we add added it to our development backlog to consider.

Thanks again for your feedback and congratulations on all the success you are having with 7shifts!

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best scheduling / timesheet app to date!

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

Support has been amazingly helpful and all around compassionate. Makes us happy to feel like we're a part of a community where our concerns are heard.

Responsiveness. Ease of use. Employees not complaining for once!

With scheduling, we have staff that want to have the same recurring shift week to week. This changes often so having a template for a time period versus just a person is proving difficult. Staff keep saying "but I thought that was my shift every week?" What's happening is, they offered their shift to someone else so when we copy the prior week to a new week, the wrong employee gets assigned the shift. This is getting hard to manage.

Need the ability to print out day schedules the same way weekly ones look. We print our schedules out daily and assign breaks from them plus we leave notes about the day. Currently the only option to print a day view is in list mode and that does not show you visually where holes in scheduling are. We did find a way around it by printing the day view from the manager dashboard but that prints out the website not just the schedule.

We close out pay periods but they are still just sitting there as open, so that's confusing.

I wish we could name our group chats and create multiple versions with the same people. We like having group chats around topics to keep messages separate and easy to reference.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the super detailed review. Please feel free to share this directly with our team at [email protected] so we can work with you to make these suggested improvements!

Sarah

Longtime user

Bewertet am 3.11.2020

Absolutely great! If you have any issues they help you out right away. Plus they are always evolving and take their customers suggestions and implement them.

Very easy to use. Lots of integration options and they are continually adding more. Easy for staff to use!

Not everything you need to do is on the mobile app or sometimes hard to find.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu 7shifts

7shifts was very easy to use and they got back to me very quickly with any questions. They features they offered also interested us and it looked ( and is) very easy to use.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words Sarah! We are humbled by your feedback, and happy to hear you have found a lot of value in our platform once you made the switch from Hot Schedules. Keep an eye out for even more great functionality being added soon.

Also, I'm going to have a member of our mobile team reach out to you in order to hear about your ideas for improving our mobile apps to better suit you.

Christian
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

7Shifts Review

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

Overall, 7Shifts has been the best restaurant scheduling software that I've personally used. If I'm being very honest the bar wasn't particularly high, none the less I'm very satisfied. The insight into staff trends such as engagement and enthusiasm is great. As is the forecasting for scheduling.

Both the UX & UI on 7Shifts are lightyears ahead of any other restaurant scheduling software that I've encountered. That's most critical in having hourly employees engage and use the software.

We had some issues with POS integration. Granted we use Aloha which isn't the greatest, but importance of POS makes that a harder thing to change so I'd like to see the scheduling software be the more nimble and adaptive one.

Announcements and messaging can be clunky to load—especially on mobile.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Christian! We've happy to hear that 7shifts is the best scheduler you have ever used. We also really appreciate the feedback on your POS integration. I have instructed your Success Manager to reach out to you to see if there is anything that can be done to make this better for you. Cheers!

Kaitlin
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Keep up the good work!

Bewertet am 8.11.2020

Overall 7shifts is the best scheduling software I have worked with (schedule fly, day force, written schedules). I would say the best part of the company is that they truly care about their clients and take the time to do serves like this one to keep in the know about customer satisfaction and are always striving to improve the product to adapt to all the industries they serve.

Keep on doing what you are doing, it's working!

It is very user friendly. Schedules are easily created and notifications are sent to employees if any changes are made. This eliminates me having to individually reach out to employees. I also love the announcement board for when I need to inform my crew of changes to the menu or any other operational changes.

When inputting events into the calendar it would be nice to have more formating options. Ex. Type of event, time frame (if it extends past 12am making it so it doesn't show on the calendar for the next day)

Also when employees try to book time off outside of the allotted time frame it would be nice if the admin still got notified since most employees just text you about it anyways. Perhaps the message could say "your time off request has been submitted but it is outside of the scheduling time frame therefore it cannot be guaranteed" or something like that.

Antwort von 7shifts

Wow! Thanks so much for the kind words and detailed feedback Kaitlin. We love working with you and the rest of the Drift team and can't wait until we can come visit you soon.

Rick

I never thought I'd depend on 7shifts so much

Bewertet am 10.9.2021

The longer we use 7shifts the better it gets. I use it for scheduling, employee newsletters, our employees use it to chat back and forth with eachother and the owners, shift swapping, time-clocking (with PUNCH) and payroll. It basically replaces the need for an HR position. Because we've used it now for a few years, I can quickly scroll back to last year and see our sales trends over time to predict sales and predict staffing requirement. Sometime I forget when we changed our hours last year, so I can easily check that through 7shifts. Also I can play around with future schedules to analyze when we need to hire a new employee or if it's worth it to add or delete days from our schedule.

Nothing I don't like...but here is an idea for a new feature. I wish I could get an immediate alert (to the owner) if the sales go higher or lower than set parameters for a certain time period. This would tell me that something is wrong (like no sales for 2 hours...uh oh...did we close? is something broken?) or the restaurant needs help (like 3 hours worth of sales in 45 minutes...oh no, we're slammed and need extra hands).

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words and the great suggestion Rick. We love hearing that 7shifts is increasing in value the longer you use it. Thanks for being a great partner and for trusting us to help your restaurant.

Ann
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

7shifts was a game changer for us!

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

We now have 4 restaurants/bars that utilize 7shifts and it's hard to imagine how we ever survived without it! It's streamlined our scheduling procedures and simplified the process of employees requesting off, submitting availability and swapping shifts. 7shifts customer service team is also extremely responsive and receptive any time we encounter an issue or even just want to provide our feedback on a certain feature that we think could be improved. We also now use the reporting tool for putting together high level labor tracking reports at the end of each month. Thanks, 7shifts, you're the best!

I love that everything is in one place so you don't have to worry about forgetting that someone sent an email or text message requesting off for a 2 week vacation 6 months ago (which is the system we previously had in place!)

I didn't like that you had to wait to enter employee raises until they were set to go into effect - although 7shifts has recently improved this feature so that you can set a specific date for an employee's new wage to begin!

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks so much for the review Ann! It means a lot to our team that 7shifts has been able to help your growing business optimize (and report on!) your processes and continue to be successful. Cheers to you!

Hannah

User Friendly!!!

Bewertet am 6.11.2020

It has been at least one thing that’s made my life a little easier over the past couple of years.

I have enough experience to compare this system to others and I love this one. It’s always easy to read and understand. The colors and how it’s laid out always helps me remember my schedules. It also helps remind me what position I’ll be filling in or what time I may be able to leave work or just what the week is going to look like business-wise.

At times, I don’t get all the notifications that coworkers post in different groups. They’re not typically super important posts but I like to be up-to-date.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Hannah! We love hearing that 7shifts has made your life easier and integrates with your Toast POS.

Mitchell
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

7shifts is a lifesaver and a headache preventer

Bewertet am 21.1.2020

So easy to use, and check in on. There clock in and clock out feature (7Punches) is incredible, and works flawlessly and seamlessly. I would be willing to say that 7Shifts not only saves me time, but at least 2 hours of work per week, which would only be more with a larger organization. Thank you 7shifts!

I like how I can interact with my staff through the software and it makes scheudle creation a breeze for organizations of any size. The ability for my staff to book time off through the software is incredible. No more paper schedules. Not to mention customer service is incredible!! They always respond to requests within mere minutes and I've never encountered a problem they couldn't help me with!

There are absolutely no cons. I will never have a need for any other scheduling software again.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thanks for the review Mitchell! We are SO happy to hear that 7shifts has positively impacted your business in such a big way. We love hearing how specific behaviours have changed, as well as the time and money you're saving. Keep up the great work!

Mark
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great scheduling application for any industry

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

Excellent - no issues from set up and getting our account started we have had zero issues. Communication has been good through the whole process. No issues - extremely positive!

We have tried a few products and this is the best value for the money. We like the ability to text, message, and have the staff see all this on the mobile app. This is what staff expect these days and we think 7Shifts makes on-line scheduling and helps us keep managers time tied up constantly working schedules.

We use this for our 24 hour operation and it works great for us!

Not a problem with the software or the application, it is a problem with us since we own numerous companies our time clocks are on another system and do not integrate but could. We should really be using the scheduling application and more features from 7Shifts but that is us not the product.

We should explore more integration and try to push more to 7Shifts.

Antwort von 7shifts

Thank you for the amazing, detailed review Mark. We really love hearing about your experience coming onboard with 7shifts and the value it has provided your organization.

Ciara

7shifts, great for more than just scheduling

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

It’s convenient the the mobile app works well to do most scheduling updates and adding of employees. The messaging also works well for getting in touch with team members and the facts that contact information is readily available to our teams to connect.

Sometimes there are issues where employees do not have update notifications enabled and they miss updates. You also can’t reactivate terminated employees from the mobile app. You don’t get a good view of hourly shift coverage in the mobile app like you do from accessing online in the browser.