1.655 Bewertungen

Melanie C.
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Versatile and Powerful Tool

Bewertet am 6.12.2019

My company was already using Smartsheet for basic task tracking when I started. Upon discovering how we could use dashboards, our utilization took off! We have now designed solutions for departments company-wide, improving management's visibility to workloads and processes. It's impressive how many problems Smartsheet has been able to solve.

- Ease of Use - No need to involve programmers to create custom solutions
- Versatility - customizable sheets and dashboards for different departments and needs
- Support - AMAZING user forum, help pages, support department

Row and cell link limitations - I bump up against the cell link limitations often, although I can work around them by saving my metrics into multiple sheets.

Lachlan S.
  • Branche: Möbel

SmartSheet | An extraordinary tool for fast moving businesses

Bewertet am 24.3.2021

Since beginning to use SmartSheet in 2017, it has been a catalyst in keeping up with an ever changing market and the increase in the use of digital tools and communication channels.

SmartSheet is a tool setup in such a way the it can be tailored to your organisation and used for multiple functions, by multiple divisions. The speed at which they are improving the platform with new functions and features is beyond amazing. Any small to medium size business trying to improve in project management, ICT management, customer service, task management, resource management, team management (the list goes on) would largely benefit from investing in SmartSheet. The ROI is incredible and the ease of rolling it out through an organisation is simple due to the intuitive UI.

The only downside I see with SmartSheet is the permission levels. These could be improved with the ability to share sheets in bulk rather than just at a workspace or individual sheet level.

Patrick H.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Solid software for quick and easy spreadsheets & Gantt charts

Bewertet am 15.12.2020

While I prefer Smartsheet for Gantt charts, or quick and simple spreadsheets due to its ease of use, I have been disappointed with all of the other marketed features, and would recommend Google Sheets in general, since it is similarly collaborative, has better options for in-depth formulas, customizing of sheets and automated emailing with query's and G-script, and is free.

Smartsheet is my preferred software for Gantt charts, and for quick & simple spreadsheets. The formatting features are especially effective, such as easy indenting and quick checkbox options that can be used with formulas. Gantt charts on Smartsheet are quick and intuitive with all the options I would like to have. Dashboards can be a nice way to have an overview with links to different sheets if you have a project with several documents, and are willing to spend the extra time and money to set it up.

The big Con with Smartsheet is that it lacks the in-depth features of similar spreadsheet software that is also usually freely available.
Conditional formatting the way you would like it to work can take a surprisingly long time, as it can take many conditions (often one per column per action) to accomplish what you would think would take a handful.
Automatic email sending from sheets sounds great but is still not very fleshed out, and options are pretty limited.
Complex formulas usually need to be done in several hidden columns or they can end up taking large paragraphs of hard-to-edit text and numbers due to lack of formula options. This can also make complicated spreadsheets pretty slow.
Bugs occur infrequently, but make me prefer to double check important sheets.

Anastazja L.
  • Branche: Maritime Wirtschaft

my review

Bewertet am 23.3.2021

I really like usin this software and always suggest to try it to my friends and collegues.

When I started to use it, I was afraid, that it will be very difficult to learn how to se it. But it turned out that it is very easy to gain goals using this sofware.

maybe i would like to have more colors for a background of the rows.

Cory B.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Smartsheet is preferred from multiple fast-moving projects

Bewertet am 28.7.2020

Satisfied. I manage >25 projects that vary in size and detail. I would not rely on any other project management program that I have used in the past.

Easy to get in, set up, and maintain small-medium size projects. Quick to learn, easy to use.

I would like more intelligence around the columns: 1) more specific formatting choices, like setting the duration to hours, separating effort and duration; 2) Predecessor columns that intelligently follow the task, not only the row number.

Sonia C.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Good resource for collaboration and live date collation

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

One-stop data storage, reporting, and collaboration source

Ease of use, large data storage capability, and internet-based accessibility

Customizable, and difficulty with learning formulas

Ronald D.
  • Branche: Design

Engineering Manager

Bewertet am 23.3.2021

Helps me keep track of all my projects at the same time.

I like the gantt chart and excel in the same document.

The multi-user environment isn't great.

Mary grace S.
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Swiss Army Knife

Bewertet am 18.3.2021

I really do enjoy working with Smartsheet after we got onboarded to it. It takes a little while to learn and isn't intuitive, but once it was working, we were very efficient!

Smartsheet is a really valuable tool that is capable of tracking projects in about 7 different ways depending on the type of project, your preference on how to view it, and how many folks are on your team. The best thing about this tool is the depth it has.

The things I liked least about Smartsheet was its complexity and the look and feel of it. Compared to other tools that perform the same functions, it is not beautiful or easy to use. It looks like a finance tool or something from the early 00s.

Nikos P.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Team Collaboration and Project Management Tool

Bewertet am 23.3.2021

We have tried many similar products and we ended up using Smartsheet mainly because of all the available features that were matching to our business needs. This "Excel" like product gives you numerous options for importing and managing your data.

Ease of use. Anyone can use it without specific training!

We are looking for more reporting flexibility

Laurie G.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great product, similar to MS project but with more features!

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

We manage $5m+ projects using smartsheet and the entire team can collaborate easily. Love the task assignments feature!

It was easy for me to make the switch from Microsoft Project. All the features and more are available in Smartsheet.

No cons, except the layering of projects took me time to figure out.

Alasdair D.
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Excel on speed

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

I have a running joke with my colleagues that goes along the lines of "have I told you how much I love smartsheet?" This is generally when I have discovered a new wow feature - e.g. the ability to lock in column formulae. They smile and say "yes you have mentioned it"

It's core infrastructure is very easy to understand. As an accountant I saw a spreadsheet like thing and shouted hurrah I get this. Then I realised that was just a beginning but a beginning that was good because it hooked me. Then I started to get that there are forms and the spreadsheets are really databases in disguise from which you can easily produce reports with no programming skills needed (other than those I knew anyway). Then there are dashboards that you can configure to your own requirements. I particularly love that you can change information on the reports and it changes on the underlying spreadsheets (databases). For one business I worked for I changed what had been a daily and weekend nightmare for the owner into an automated process that took half an hour. Literally life changing for him.

It's strength is it's weakness. Like a spreadsheet it can be too flexible which can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing. Other software has guardrails, this doesn't. If you take care it's fine but you can find yourself changing something and it having knock on effects. It's not that the underlying data is compromised by this but the reporting can be. For example if you change the name of a database column the reports won't be able to find it again which means that on the reports and dashboards you find a blank where there should be data. So take care, but if you do, it's magic!

Maarten D.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

A powerful tool for rapid, automated, information sharing without jeopardizing privacy

Bewertet am 28.7.2020

I have used SmartSheet for a number of years with different project teams and different applications. The software is incredibly versatile and lends itself to every imaginable aspect of the projects, from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and and documenting closeout requirements. The automation options along with the display variations and the accessibility via multiple device types and input devised provide meaningful, clear and up-to-date information to a large variety of people with equally varied technological backgrounds and communication styles. During the work day, my SmartSheet portal is always open!

SmartSheet provides an easy and efficient means of sharing information in a spreadsheet style format with web-forms that are readily accessible and editable from portable devices. The information from these web-forms can be set to auto-populate on the parent-sheet where the information becomes accessible to all authorized users at the click of the "update" button. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a employee health status sign in sheet was created on short notice and sent out to all relevant parties via email as well as by posting a QR code at the job sites which all workers can scan with their mobile devices and fill in the form on line. The relevant information gets forwarded to main sheet accessible at the main office (nearly) instantaneously. The display options of the sheets are numerous and varied, very useful for different circumstances and audiences.

The functionality is quite similar to that of an Excel spreadsheet, but my recurring stumbling block is that there ARE some differences. That being said, SmartSheet does a wonderful job of expanding the function library constantly, which makes it an ongoing task to stay up-to-date with what is new and possible (this is both a Pro and a Con since the library is so very dynamic)

Kat W.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic tool that is growing quickly!

Bewertet am 14.7.2020

I'm a huge fan of Smartsheet. I would highly recommend their annual conference - ENGAGE. It's a great mix of presentations of use cases, tutorials, hands on workshops, networking, and a glimpse into their roadmap.

With Smartsheet, we've saved time on existing processes and been able to build out new processes we weren't able to streamline/automate before Smartsheet. It also is so helpful with managing data integrity and auditing when/how things are edited. We also use it quite a bit to collaborate externally - that alone has made Smartsheet worth it.

There's a lot to like about Smartsheet. You can get simple business processes converted quickly. The automation 'designer' is so easy to use and it's quite intuitive. Permissions are easy to manage without feeling overwhelming. Their training center is one of the best I've seen. Our Account Team is also phenomenal. I can't say enough about them. They never make me feel like they don't have time to talk use cases, strategies, or even one off questions. They roll out new functionality often enough to add value but not so often that you can't keep up. Smartsheet also really values their customer's feedback - highly recommend their EAP.

Smartsheet is great in so many ways but there are some functionality missing that would make a massive difference in the amount of processes I could move to Smartsheet - cascading dropdowns, setting a field's value with automation, setting a form field's value based on another field or formula, editing an existing item via a form (not an update request), extract time stamping from cell history to be able to report on it. I would also like to see more consistency in the functionality across different apps within the platform. Overall, I'm able to find workarounds to most of the functionality wish list and with their ability to turn out new features often throughout the year, I don't consider these as deal breakers.

My other pain point (though it's also helpful in some ways, especially for small businesses) is how tiered the features are - meaning that you do have to purchase premium apps/add ons to leverage the full power of Smartsheet. That gives a lot of flexibility in how you want to scale but is also a bit of a pain as an end user, making the case for purchasing the add ons that will help my processes even more.

Kristie S.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Efficiency, Simplicity and Life-Changing!

Bewertet am 14.7.2020

I am a devoted Excel fan, and the first time I used Smartsheet, I hated. I thought it was a dumb version of Excel. But gradually others in the organization did more and more with it and I continued to have issues with Shared Workbooks in Excel, I finally decided to give it another shot, and this time I would really look at it. I then realized it had the power of Excel and SharePoint and Nintex Forms, all in one program that was way easier to use than most of the others. I went from hating Smartsheet as my PMO was dragging it into my department, to owning 117 sheets, countless automations and data mesh configurations and data uploader configurations in less than a year. I completely rely on Smartsheet to get my daily work done now and I have lost 2 FTE without feeling any real pressure to replace them. Smartsheet has helped my team that much. I have become a complete Smartsheet nerd.

My favorite thing about this software is the simplicity of creating a very complex set of sheets, automation and forms. I work as a business person within the IT department and it is a tough limbo to exist in. You aren't really IT's customer, but you are not as skilled as an IT professional. I am often left to my own devices and de-prioritized so they can concentrate on our true customers. Smartsheet provided me a system that I did not need my IT department help. I was able to create a set of products (on a very base level, my own small Enterprise Resource Program) entirely alone that has improved my efficiency, quality of work and accuracy! I needed nothing more than my own skills and occasionally Smartsheet's Solution Center.

I am unfond of a few of the tiny limitations. I wish that reports weren't limited to 500 rows per page, and if that limit must exist, I wish there was a function to skip to a specific page. I reference a report that has 400+ lines of data multiple times throughout the day and it's mildly annoying to have to skip through 9 pages on the report to get to what I'm looking for.

I have also had very lukewarm success with Data Uploader. It does not work as expected about 50% of the time. I would honestly give up on it entirely if it wasn't SO useful the other 50% of the time. I waste a lot of time saving and resaving documents and deleting and recreating configurations just to get data to upload.

Andrea W.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best thing since sliced bread

Bewertet am 14.7.2020

This software makes everything we do so streamlined and easy. We literally load all of our projects into smartsheet so that we can all manage them. I don't think that I could do my job as efficiently without it. There is s certain project we do once a year where we update pricing on all website items with all of our suppliers. Being able to keep this data in SS, then send our suppliers update requests to load in the data has been a life saver! Keeping track of work along with managing the project has become a breeze.

The thing I like the most is the transparency or the collaboration. To be able to easily see what others are doing and manage them together, set reminders and send update requests is what makes our company run well.

I think there have been a few times that we have maxed out on number of lines. I don't know why that there is a throttle there, but that's probably my only complaint is that some of our sheets get large and max out!

James C.
  • Branche: Sport
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A bit un-human and cheeky

Bewertet am 30.1.2020

Disconnected - we use InfusionSoft and despite the software being hard to use sometimes and changes happen constantly, they have mitigated risk of leaving by investing in human contact and support.

I posted something to the Smartsheet community and hear nothing.

Collaboration
Action features
How to tutorials/onboarding is good
Webforms

Lack of a chat support system or ticketing system
The upsell on functions - have free collaborators now having to pay to do things they could of done prior even though they had been using the system for years. Understand if certain features are now paid to commercialise the product, however I think it is unfair to penalise historic users. If you looked at a micro level with us you will see a 200% growth in our subscription over its lifetime and I feel this short term and automated upsell could and has damaged perceptions of the overall product. 18 months ago I would of been a 10 regarding recommedations and now it is less.

Kirstine L.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great software to create a bespoke solution

Bewertet am 30.1.2020

I work for a small construction company who used to keep all their information "in their heads, or on the back of a fag packet"!!! This has revolutionised the way they work and not only stopped them from forgetting things but also given them the ability to look at live costs and income.

They now have a dashboard to see the 'big picture', individual Reports to show their own specific projects, an automated transfer of information to accounts when they mark a job as complete, reminders, comments so they can stay up to date with any info added by other people, and so many other little 'life hacks' that make their lives easier.

Smartsheet has changed the way we all work immeasurably for the better. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

I love the Smartsheet Community who will help you find ways to adapt Smartsheet to suit each individual need you may have. I've been using the software for years and every time I've wanted to use it for something new we've found a way! Sometimes there have been delays due to the capacity not being there YET, but it's easy to submit a Product Enhancement Request.

There are updates and innovations ALL THE TIME and while they're not shoved down your throat, there's plenty of support out there if you want it, not only from the Community but also videos and webinars (live or recorded). If you've got the motivation and imagination then I think the possibilities are unlimited, without needing to be a programmer or have any coding knowledge.

There's not much I can say that's bad about Smartsheet. I find it slightly difficult that it's very US based and I'm in the UK, but that's true of most comparable software.

I'm also not keen on the Learning Centre as it sometimes assumes a level of knowledge that is beyond me and I find it incomprehensible! It's not a problem though as I can easily turn to the Community!

Carissa J.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Very robust collaboration tool

Bewertet am 10.12.2019

We have used Smartsheet for quite a few years to help manage projects, day-to-day items, operational calendars, and other items at our higher ed institution. This tool has been a tremendous help with making it easier to collaborate with other companies, as well as increase the efficiency with certain tasks among our department and other departments at our institution. Smartsheet is a very easy tool to learn and use and provides a great amount of functionality in one place to collaborate across groups. I would highly recommend this product to companies, large or small, if they have multiple projects that they need to manage frequently. The ROI for this product is good if you use it all of the time. If you don't, it can end up being an expensive tool for collaboration while there are many alternative competitors out there that may be a better option financially.

Smartsheet provides a very robust collaboration tool among teams and teams from other companies. The ability to show timelines, comments, attachments, and dates - all in one place - make it very easy to stay on track with projects. This tool also provides a very nice mobile and app platform to work off of while out on the go. We utilize the professional (paid) version to encompass all of the features that we need and are no longer offered in the free version, such as the ability to email directly from the sheet, send for updates, and utilize the reminder functions. Emailing directly from the sheet is a great feature since it allows you to send the comments, attachments, and info from the line all in one easy-to-read email. You can also cc yourself on the email so that you know that it was sent.

One of the things about Smartsheet that could be updated is the ability to copy info from one sheet and create a new sheet. For example, my team utilizes this tool for registration for certain programs at our university. The ability to copy the entire sheet (with all of the info and attachments) onto a new sheet and update the dates, or minimal information, would be a great function to have. The other option would be to allow more functionality in the free version (which was previously there). The update to only allowing email sends from a single line in the professional (paid) version now is a bit challenging when we only budgeted for a certain amount of licenses for the academic year (and we all know how stingy higher ed budgets are right now)

Cecilia G.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Awesome software

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

I love Smarsheet because it made my work easier. Now I can have collaboration from my entire company and get fast results.

-easy to use and costumize
-more than one user can modify simultaneously
-you can add your company's logo
-you can set group and individual reminders
- Cell history, which can tell who and when it was modified.
-different views: calendar, grid, card, and Gantt

- not all reminders can be set with time to remind
- can't add a conditional formatting based on time
- if your Smartsheet is big, formulas added can take forever to update the information, so you need to refresh it all times, even if you change settings to save automatically.

Nick B.
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Quick Spreadsheets that allow for collaboration

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

I solve the problem of tracking how my employees profit on many small profit/small margin projects. This allows me to see who is struggling the most and who is not. My team specifically focuses on education, hospitals, and non-profits. So maintaining margins to not lose any money is important. I wrote up a story about it here:

I've pulled off absolutely amazing things. I'm willing to go into detail and share more of what we were able to accomplish. Many of Smartsheet's examples do not solve business problems, but they do help us learn how to solve our own!

I absolutely love how quick and easy it is to use Smartsheet. The formulas have great documentation and it helps tremendously when trying to learn and accomplish new tasks. You can pull off amazing things if you sit down and build it. I was able to build a completely automated revenue and labor estimator that shows me how profitable each member of my team is.

Many of the applications we built, the community was clueless how to build it. We were able to accomplish some very unique dashboards & spreadsheets that make our lives easier. I can now make business decisions on a whim, without having to spend hours of research about the effect of one decision on our numbers.

I dislike how many features such as the dynamic view or the workspace deployment feature is locked behind an expensive addon. And when inquiring about customer service we were told it "isn't" a fit for us. But yet, Smartsheet cannot give us a demo to experiment or test them out?

Smartsheet is nickle and diming things a lot. Smartsheet is >not< small business friendly. It is really a shame because these tools are absolutely 100% amazing.

It also surprises me how little the community interactions are. There are many great suggestions for features that are standard in Excel and Google Sheets, that Smartsheet blandly ignored for years, and sometimes says "coming soon" and years later we still don't have it.

Sara G.
  • Branche: Versicherung

Love the versatility

Bewertet am 5.12.2019

I love the webinars on new services and the ability to become certified to use this tool- its such a time saver and I love that if I think of something I need to do on my commute home- I can just pull it up on my phone. Overall I would recommend it to my text company too- I would rather use Smart sheet as a project management tool than any tool designed for math brains that isn't as freestyle.

I love this software. I love the pick up and go aspect where I can access it on all my devices. I love the automatic saves- because I am terrible at remembering to save, and I love the ability to attach files and tag people for projects. I used the software at my previous company for creative project management and now I'm using it like agile for product development builds. Its great for tracking and overall roadmapping. I wouldn't use anything else when I can do everything I want right here!

All the issues I've had have been solved in new releases but it would be wonderful if I could build graphic pages in the software- I'm hoping that comes soon. Like a mobile photoshop or powerpoint or image tool.

Rick F.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent alternative to traditional spreadsheets and project management tools and processes

Bewertet am 8.10.2019

We use it for all project implementations to manage collaboration with our clients - project plans, decision logs, issue logs, contact lists, action item lists, document sharing, etc. We also use it internally for similar activities. I even use it on my team for very efficient weekly status reporting. We even link it to JIRA for automatically syncing sheets and reports to that system for managing product releases and product support. We love it!!!

Very easy to learn and get users onboard quickly. Works much like Excel yet with much more document sharing functionality and the notifications service is most beneficial to us. Very cost efficient in that our clients don't need to purchase a license so we use this to collaborate with them for our project work.

Very little not to like. Advanced functionality we need to not alwasys there, however, Smartsheet comes out with new features a few times a year and they always very helpful. Biggest complaint is that we have not yet figured out how to provide users edit access to a group and yet limit certain sheets within that group to viewer only. Would also like to see more options for backups and restores.

Sarantos P.

Smartsheet Review

Bewertet am 8.10.2019

We use the software to track daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. We work with hundreds of clients who send in requests each week, and the software allows us to track the requests, and progress of the tasks.

Simplicity of use. Minimal downtime. Customer support has been great, and very responsive. Communication when downtime will occur, or when issues are taking place.

I do not have any issues or complaints regarding the software.

Darrin B.
  • Branche: Staatsverwaltung

Quick points

Bewertet am 8.10.2019

·Being able to share a spreadsheet with other users in real-time.
· Like that users can complete a form to populate a spreadsheet to include uploading documents and that update requests could be sent to that user if a correction needs to be made or additional info is needed. The user then make the change(s) to the cell requested.

·Recently a change was made whereas a non-licensed user can no longer send update requests. We use Smartsheet to have student teachers complete some info pursuant to state law. When the student makes an error, we used to send an update request to have them correct a cell. Now only a licensed user can send those notifications, so we most likely will utilize regular emails for these changes or not use Smartsheet for this work.
·As of Monday (9.30.19), how the system used "comments" changed from a pop-up box that let you enter into a field, save that info and now click anywhere and that pop-up box disappeared. Now it opens "Conversations" which now blocks the right side of the spreadsheet and you must now click on the X to close it out. It also holds all of the comments made to the entire sheet which is more info that I need. Typically if a comment is added to a row, I just click on the comment bubble to that row instead of viewing all of the comments to the sheet.
·When an update request is sent and the person makes the correction, this information is not clearly discernible when viewing the sheet. Turning on notifications turns on too many notifications so this was not an option. The workaround is, I add a "note sent"column that I check when an update request is sent. I then review the sheet and look for rows that have "note sent" checked and now no longer have the pending update icon to look for corrections.
·Need better form controls (field limits, date fields, etc.).

Amanda H.

Collaboration made easy

Bewertet am 8.10.2019

Smartsheet saves us time and makes it easier to collaborate and share updates across all of our projects. We appreciate the constant improvements and the walk through introduction when bigger changes are rolled out.

Smartsheet has been a lifesaver for group collaboration. My team runs multiple projects simultaneously, and the scopes of these projects are constantly changing. Smartsheet allows for the team to update their pieces of the puzzle and send alerts about changes in one environment. We've actually replaced endless back and forth emails with the comments function in the comment section so that all pertinent information about an issue exists in the platform itself for easy reference.

We can track our gantt chart, program data, and group communications in one place. I=

We're also utilizing Smartsheet for people outside of our organization. Smartsheet allows us to select the type of visibility that clients have to data (through settings or via dashboards) so we can control the story that we're sharing with our clients. This has been a big time saver as it eliminates the need for extra reporting on data that is already avilailable online. Our clients have shared positive feedback about Smartsheet forms which we've been using to collect survey data and for event registration. The forms have allowed us to cancel our account for SurveyMonkey (which we used for several years previous to Smartsheet).

The main pain point I have with Smartsheet is the fact that not all of my favorite Excel formulas work in Smartsheet. The formulas also don't always work the same way as they do in Excel so there's a bit of a learning curve.

Smartsheet needs to allow a Time function. We use Smartsheet to register individuals for events, and right now we're having to program Time as a text. This means we can't use formulas to change times based on Timezones.

I also still miss when the recent sheets appeared as tabs at the top of the webpage. The new recent tabs menu works well, but I found the tab view easier to navigate.