Quip Bewertungen

Quip

Docs, tasks, & spreadsheet collaboration with built-in chat

4.5/5 (109 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use, great for collaborating, aimed at younger professionals

Bewertet am 12.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Collaboration, simple cloud-based tool, integration with Salesforce

It's super easy to start using and is great for shared documents where you need to have multiple people providing input and updates. I like that two people can be simultaneously working on a document without a problem.

My annoyances with this software stem from the features - what is there and what is not there. One of my biggest gripes is that Quip believes it is "distracting and not necessary" (their words) to have the option of changing the color of the text. I disagree. As a business professional for the past 25 years, I can tell you there are instances where you need to color code text. I recently had a huge, very collaborative project that I wanted to base out of Quip and THE ONLY REASON I couldn't use Quip was because it had to be color coded and Quip doesn't do that. I've tried appealing to them but so far, no luck. Yet, one apparently "necessary" feature is that you can add an emoji or animated meme to your comments within a document. Really? And that is more important for business communications? I'm guessing this software is being created by a bunch of millennials. I don't begrudge millenials or the "fun" elements that are included, but give me the useful business functionality we have all become accustomed to over the past couple of decades if you truly want to compete for our word processing and spreadsheet needs.

Best App Ever!

Bewertet am 29.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Quip is very helpful in everyday living in terms of work, family, friends or even to have acquaintance at a business conference. It also helps you communicate with your customers and make a loyal customer-consumer relation. Quip have many apps for project tracking, calendar, working with Salesforce records, which is very exciting to explore.

Quip can be download any device, accessible to all as long as you have internet connection. It's a messaging platform with a super powerful tool to access documents that can add comments and live-editing real time updating at the same time you have the ability to highlight portions of a document. I love chatting to my friends. It's very good in my daily living because it really helps me communicate with one another and make the acquaintance of to come into also kind a social contact with. If it weren't for this app I would be completely isolated when I am grounded.

There's only one thing I wish Quip can help me and that is to be acquaintance to someone I like. Quip will bring me to what I'm aiming the most- the stars of my future. Enjoy using Quip. It never disappointment me.

Powerful collaboration tool

Bewertet am 24.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Productivity, Collaboration, Central repository.

I use quip mainly to organize my work and collaborate with my team members in documenting feature requirements. Product feature requirements are dynamic - in that, they change often. The ability to have one central location from where all of us can access it makes this a huge time saver for all. It also prevents unnecessary emails as users can chat / comment directly on quip. It also has the ability to create private folders which I use to store work in progress ideas and the ability to restrict access to some files / folders to specific people.

Quip requires the internet and often I forget that I have to be connected to save changes. Although it has the ability to add spreadsheets, I don't use it much. Also, have noticed when I copy paste code into code-blocks, the pasted content does not fit within the default page-width, but creates a horizontal scroll-bar within the code-block. It's a bit of an irritant to correct that every time.

Mit Google übersetzen

Quip - a super nice collaboration tool

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

To be simple, we really like this easy to use collaboration tool.

So easy to collaboration with colleagues, and for family. Get everything together rather than individual files everywhere. "Word", "Excel", "Powerpoint" lite versions, so easy to use, whatever you want. With google account integration. No hassle for account management. You certainly don't expect it to be super powerful, but it is good enough for our purpose.

Logic of files arrangement a bit confusing. If you are coming from traditional file system. You may need sometime to get used to it. Moving files around is not that easy, especially if you want to manage multiple files at the same time. It used to be annoying that recent editing panel shows up every time you open the application. Recent updates fix this problem.

Mit Google übersetzen

A task management tool that will combine all your documents.

Bewertet am 27.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I like that my data is available wherever there is Internet, and for my work this is not an important factor. You can open access to documents only to individual employees or select a list of employees who can edit the document. The program even sends you a notification when something is updated. Most of the features in the program make our work easier and faster. A good opportunity to see updates to the tables in real time. Keep documents in the cloud and easily required documents at the time of their search and use. In the chat you can discuss what you can change. The program has an excellent interface and three sections: notes, documents and chat. As you can see, the program is really useful for saving your time.

The mobile application of the program does not always work as fast as it would be desirable. I also want this platform to be able to edit. The copy and paste function was not so reliable. When I tried to copy content from one source to a document in this program, the formatting was difficult to fix.

Mit Google übersetzen

Quip is my one app to create, organize, and collaborate in almost all kinds of documents.

Bewertet am 25.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's very easy to collaborate on a document. You just add people to it. All the changes are logged so you can see all the things that happen to your document. You can also create all kinds of documents on Quip, from the everyday text document and spreadsheet to the specific kanban board and project tracker (with a little help from Live apps).

The app lacks the ability to add tags - which will be very helpful to further organize the documents. It also doesn't hurt to add the font-customization feature so that users can set the look and feel of the working environment to their liking.

Mit Google übersetzen

Quit passing email and documents around!

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 18.8.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have a small staff who needs to work together at various times, and usually not in person. We've tried a handful of options (dreaded e-mail chains, Google drive, slack, OneNote, Trello), with varying degrees of success.

But when you get right down to it, the majority of our conversations where revolving around documents. With Quip, that is exactly how this is designed. It is a live document centered experience with the ability to comment, discuss, and update to drive to agreed upon results.

Other packages we would lose our chain of conversation, or a struggle to find the agenda, spreadsheet, plan. Here, these two elements tie together in one spot.

End result for me? Instead of feeling like I was beating on people to keep moving, and often their secretary to help them find what I was talking about, now we work together with faster results and a whole lot less fuss and muss.

VERY intuitive interface. My staff is resistant to change, and they picked up on this software immediately. Looks good on the web, great on my desktop, and awesome on my phone!

Customer support is astounding. Hit the chat window and someone is there immediately.

Very minor detail here - more of a feature enhancement request. It would be great to tie in some sort of task management, e.g. something with due dates that alert you.

Great way to collaborate

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very easy document creation that live updates to all users as you create them. No more messing around uploading and downloading documents.
Documents have lots of options like spreadsheets tables charts, images and other apps that can be inserted into any doc. You can also manage folders and share them with specific groups of people, so you might have a folder for employees which has all your procedures on it and a separate knowledge base for customers.
For free its hard to find a better product

I would like to see the ability to copy documents between different quip accounts. I'd also like to see direct connections to excel of numbers, to give some more power to some of the features

Mit Google übersetzen

Office-chat with everything that you need

Bewertet am 21.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Quip gave to our company the possibility to communicate in real time and easily work with any documents and stuff like this within the chat. We used to communicate with each other in our company with using only emails, but now I can say that it was extremely waste of time and we significantly raised our effectiveness after starting chatting in real time with notifications. It is also affordable for every operative system and devices, so doesn’t matter where you are, it isn’t necessary to stay near the computer to continue working.

The problem that I see here is a lack of necessary integrations, in such software must be easily integrated very popular services to simplify your work process, but now, unfortunately, I don’t see that abilities that I need, I hope this side of this tool will be improved.

Google Docs on Steroids

Bewertet am 4.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have rolled Quip out to multiple departments and teams over the past few years.

Continuing improvement in the feature set. The software was good when we started using it 2.5 years ago. However, the improvements continually made month after month have really made the product shine. We really get use out of the full index/searching capability.

A few basic things that would mimmic Excel functionality, like the ability to freeze columns on mobile, or hide rows/columns on both the desktop and mobile.

Quip and Quip for Salesforce

Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Quip is a great addition for any company with its easy to use style of collaboration and flexibility in security and structure. I'd like to see a lot more training videos on how to leverage Quip for things like Project Management to plant those seeds and help companies grow and realize the full potential of this application.

Salesforce recently added Quip to it's suite of products and we couldn't be happier. We have been searching for a project management application as well as a solution for sharing documents and data while not housing inside our Salesforce org, due to storage limitations. We see Quip as being that all in one application that can solve many of these needs in our organization. It is powerful, flexible, offers free and paid apps like a project management app and allows for flexibility with security of files and folders. Not to mention the live chat and collaboration features it offers. A great all around solution for anything you can't already solve in your standard Salesforce Org.

I have requested several specific demos from our sales team so that we can more fully realize what Quip can do to meet some of our more basic needs. We've been given links to sales demos which don't address our specific needs. Once we get an idea on what we can do with it and how, it will drive more ideas and creativity for our team, we're just having a hard time getting started.

Mit Google übersetzen

An excellent tool for cooperation with your team

Bewertet am 9.4.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

I found that Quip satisfies my needs in a convenient application for working with clients that do not intend to spend time studying a complex program. It is used by several people whom I respect and trust, and they advised me of this program. The fact that they have a free version for a small group is the ideal way to test it. With Quip, we were able to shorten our emails, and we can see what changes were made. He even sends you a notification when something is updated.

You need a more effective integration with Dropbox or Google Drive. There is no direct link, so if you update the document in your online store, it will not be automatically updated in Quip. There is no built-in support for PDF files. It converts them into JPG images, which can be slow and clunky.

Mit Google übersetzen

Quip is a great collaboration tool

Bewertet am 19.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

Using Quip, it became easy and quick to create documents. The work in the tables is now possible in the team, and now you do not need to send the document to your colleague every time and wait for his corrections, and then also receive it by mail. There is a chat room that allows you to edit documents together. This function helps your work and communication, and also saves a lot of time. Documents made in Quip will be synchronized in one cloud where they can be quickly found, so now we are not afraid to lose them.

There are a few bugs that you need to fix the development team. I ran into several hangs and crashes when using it, but fortunately, I did not lose any of my work, which pleased me very much. I would like that this did not happen again.

Effective text editor.

Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Quip enable me collaborate on documents in real time with my colleagues.Unlike other document collaboration programs,I am able to chat in real time with my fellow collaborators about the document we are collaborating on.

While I am able to edit documents by myself offline.To collaboratively edit documents,I have to be online and this requires a stable internet connection.

Mit Google übersetzen

Ease of use, some missing features, bad upgrade on Mac

Bewertet am 22.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

-Very easy to use even at the first time
-0 delay at collaboration
-nice mini apps for documents
-good integration of comments with chat function

-inconsistent user interface (document and tables)
-no formating in the pop-up menu for tables
-very bad upgrade utility on Mac (it tends to fall back to earlier version and stops sync - support gives no help to resolve)

Quip review

Bewertet am 10.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

In my experience, I've really enjoyed using Quip to easily house documents and spreadsheets with a friendly and easy to use interface.

Quip is a great tool to use for collaborative work. Often times, my team would have to share multiple versions of the same spreadsheet, but with Quip, you can see real-time updates from colleagues and communicate all within the app.

While it is great for collaboration, the tool becomes glitchy when it contains a large amount of data. There have been instances of lost work due to inability to save changes. If you are working with large spreadsheets with multiple tabs, it could become too much for the tool to handle.

Fantastic for Small Project Management and Collaboration

Bewertet am 22.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung

Quip provides unique ability to create, edit and share highly customized documents/spreadsheets. Quip doesn't have a structure to follow for project management, so it requires a lot of upfront time commitment and development. However, after creating the needed documents and templates, it is the perfect tool.
Specifically, great to use for mind-mapping, checklists, embedded spreadsheets/tracking.

Integrates with Google Drive, version control, file attachment, collaboration, custom templates, slack integration, flexibility, permissions control, great interface, easy to use

No internal task delegation/planning features, no report building

Mit Google übersetzen

I would like the old Quip back!

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Quip does a great job at being a very easy-to-use app when it comes to having collaborative documents to share for work. I like how different team members can contribute and leave their input simultaneously with other coworkers.

The new UI makes things and tools hard to find. With an extremely clean look where the color white is so predominant, buttons are difficult to see and getting your work done may be more difficult.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to use, simple, accessbile

Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I like the commenting and accessibility features. I also appreciate the organization of the software. It makes it easy to use and navigate.

I feel like the app could use some updating to make it more mobile friendly. I also wish there could be more editing ability in Quip.

Mit Google übersetzen

The best cloud based online collaborative writing tool

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 1.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Quip is my team's go to utility for writing documents together. Google Docs is probably one of the most well known cloud based document editors that facilitates collaboration between team members. However, its collaborative elements always seemed tacked on. You can tell that Quip was built to be a team writing tool from the ground up.

Ease of use. It's "stupid easy" to invite people to collaborate on a document. Comments are a breeze. Paragraphs auto-lock when you are editing them to avoid confusion. You can track your team members usage.

I wish that reviewing, version control, and security were stronger.

The inclusion of approval processes and flows would be extremely welcome.

Unlimited Free Trial

Bewertet am 14.3.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Unlimited free trial and great for text-based collaboration

Quip allows you to try their platform for free as long as you need, so you can really figure out whether or not it works for your team before you invest in the paid version. Compared to other products that have a time-limited free trial, Quip offers a much better evaluation period.

The ability to upload images and PDFs is limited at best. It's easier to upload a photo album on Facebook and share it with your team than it is to do the same thing in Quip. Great for text based documents, however.

Mit Google übersetzen

A refreshing way to collaborate and communicate in document creation

Bewertet am 22.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

The big takeaway is that Quip uniquely enables you and your colleagues to create a multi-asset document in one place, together.

Quip enables users to build a rich, multimedia, and multi-asset document in one location. Do you need to create a document that includes a calendar, spreadsheet, and kanban board all in the same place? Quip can do that.

While the interface has improved recently, it is still a little difficult to navigate from your document to the folder in which it is contained. Also, Quip could make better use of icons for identifying content types.

Nice but pricey.

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 28.12.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Group chats and file sharing are a lifesaver. No one likes group texts, they're annoying and don't carry over well between mobile platforms. With Quip, we can share a group chat that isn't annoying. File sharing helps when people are out of the office. We're always on the go and being able to send things back and forth without it getting lost in email is wonderful. Getting everyone together for meetings is almost always impossible with our crazy schedules and we never manage to pass the info around to everyone. This way we can send it out to everyone and know it was received. The to-do list function helps keep me organized.

The price. At some point you start wondering is it really worth the price of every additional app and software you need. We have 20 something people, that adds up real quick. Much more cost effective for a smaller team.

6.0/10

Great product for collaboration

Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It is great how you are able to work on the same doc at the same time. I really appreciate the collaboration tools it offers

There are alerts that get generated every time a change is made - the only way to turn these alerts off is for each user to manually go in and do it themselves. They should have the alerts function at the document level

Mit Google übersetzen

I built a custom reporting tool without being a programmer.

Bewertet am 4.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I was up to produce a highly functional spreadsheet to use as a reporting tool for my upstream management.

The interface is clean and user-friendly. A novice can create a robust reporting tool for your internal use in less than a week.

The embedded spreadsheet application has many advanced features.
The Quip spreadsheet has more bells and whistles than I could figure out in one sitting.
Quip's tutorals and customer service staff guided and coached me through the rough spots.