Sling

Mitarbeitereinsatzplanung und -kommunikation für Einzelhandel und Restaurants

Sortieren nach

Anthony M.
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

The best scheduling software I've ever used.

Bewertet am 5.5.2020

This is has been an eye-opening experience. I didn't know such an awesome scheduling solution existed and is perfect for small or large businesses. Everybody with a team should be using Sling.

It allows for coordination across unlimited business locations and unlimited employees. The ability to offer shifts to employees and allow them to claim or apply for them is incredible. SMS notifications to employees for their shifts, daily email notifications for managers to know who is working where, allowing staff to call out or switch shifts, apply for time off, set availability, and more.

I don't really have anything negative to say about this software. If I had to find something, it would be that at times, the interface is laid out unusual to our expectations but once you see what it's doing, it makes perfect sense.

Beth H.
  • Branche: Hausmeisterservice

A Game Changer for Our Smaller Company

Bewertet am 2.2.2022

Overall experience with Sling has been great. As I said earlier, its deployment has brought our company into a new age with communication, timeclocks, and scheduling.

I originally went looking for an easy, free scheduling app. I happened to find Sling and immediately loved the way I could customize positions and make schedule templates. I then saw how Sling offered a timeclock, which our company really needed. We relied on Excel sheets for our employees, so using a timeclock app was like bringing us out of the dark ages. We use the Newsfeed all the time to communicate policy and procedure changes as well. It has changed the way we interface with our employees.

I would really love to see more customization for things like the timeclocks and working hours. For example, we are an umbrella of companies. We have physical properties that are staffed with managers and assistants (Great Atlantic Management), we have a Home Office staff (Great Atlantic Companies), and we have a maintenance staff (Great Atlantic Contracting). We also have some properties that are unmanned, so we have no computers at that location. So, it would be fantastic if we can choose the mobile timeclock for just certain employees (like our Contracting crew and the unmanned helpers). Our Contracting crew also works 10 hour days, so when they request a vacation day, it needs to be a 10hr block, but I can't tell the system to use 10hrs for this position vs 8hrs for that position unless I choose the "partial day" option, which cuts down on the convenience of the app. It would be GREAT if the "Position" option allowed more features, like enable different timeclocks, enable different working times, etc. Most companies have different departments that require different hours, etc., so being able to customize this would be very helpful.

Timesheet Mobile

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Sling

Timesheet Mobile was very customizable, so I could choose who was going to use the mobile timeclock vs a kiosk but there was not a real communication hub with them. If they had offered that feature, I probably would have went with them instead.
Stefanie O.

A Great Resource & Time Saver

Bewertet am 29.4.2022

I love the fact that this software saves me so much time compiling a schedule. I can create recurring shifts when I know that the same team goes to one of our satellite locations.

I utilize the free version because the company didn't need all of the bells and whistles that came with the paid versions.

• Branche: Automotive

Love and Hate Relationship

Bewertet am 5.10.2021

We specifically chose this app because it integrated with Gusto, but the integration does not work well and the payroll report integration with gusto, does not work at all. Customer service is super hard to get hold of, they don't know what is going on, and it has been 3 months and the issue is still not fixed. It was difficult transferring everything over to sling and now we are stuck with them until we can switch over to a new company. Very disappointed with the integration and the lack of support. They have no phone number to call, it is only through a chat, that they take long to respond.

Creating, tracking and duplicating shifts works really well

Integration with Gusto and customer support.

Homebase

Warum Sling gewählt wurde

Because Sling integrated with Gusto and Zoho People did not.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Zoho People

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Sling

It looked more user friendly
Rebecca R.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Using Sling changed my life

Bewertet am 20.1.2022

Sling has been absolutely, hands down the best software we have ever adopted. I never feel frustrated with it and it helps save me time and irritations. My employees love it too! Best decision ever!

I love how easy it is to create a schedule and see what employees are not available, it makes completing the schedule painless and quick. I also love that you can complete it as non-published then once you are ready publish it to your employees. The notification feature telling employees when you schedule them and then again reminding them they are schedule is fantastic; my employees love that feature also. Being able to use the integrated time clock is also a great feature. There are just so many feature and customizations that it would be an asset for any type of business at any size.

I absolutely love this software. The only thing that would be nice to add is the ability for an employee to put their availability in addition to the current feature of unavailability. Because we have many employees who work "as needed" and "very part time" this would save a lot of time on their part on entering information. We could easily see when these "flex" employees would be available to work without them having to put in an excessive amount of unavailable entries as they do now.

Jamie G.

Sling is great!!!

Bewertet am 10.7.2021

Prior to Sling we used a Google spreadsheet for scheduling and a communication app. Sling saved me SO MANY HOURS of building a schedule and has a built in communication app that can be customized to individual groups. We don't need anything else now.

Easy scheduling for a mid size team. Love the newsreel section to keep the team up to date on company information

No complaints at all. Love this application

When I Work und Homebase

Warum Sling gewählt wurde

More employees meant more time to make a schedule plus we had multiple apps. Sling saves me so much time and has everything we need in one app.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Google Sheets

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Sling

Ease of use and it's an all in one app
Matt M.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best roster software out there

Bewertet am 8.2.2022

The best roster software I have used. It just works. It works for Managers and supervisors, it works for staff.

Easy to implement, staff take up was instant, support was as good as I have experienced.

Some features need development, but they do not impact the overall experience. Great responses to suggestion for changes to the system.

Deputy und Microsoft Teams

Warum Sling gewählt wurde

Shyft was deteriorating as a platform. Support was non existent.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Sling

Clean and effective. License fees are not dependent on number of users.
Susan H.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Assisted Living Facility- We Love Sling!

Bewertet am 2.10.2021

The customer service is great, they always reply within 10 mins. I think it's easy to do payroll with the different colored shifts & it's easy for our staff to use as well.

I like that the free version does everything we need it to do. Messaging (group/private), several locations/shifts ease of scheduling, opening shifts is easy. I could go on & on.

I wish they would bring back forever shifts, instead of having every single shift now expire yearly. It is very tasky when I have 30 shifts to schedule on Sling in any given day.

Tina L.
  • Branche: Restaurants
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Best Value for your money

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

Communicating with my team is easier especially since it was a free app and they are able to get notifications. I communicate much more effectively with news updates and menu changes.

It is very user friendly. I use it for scheduling and although I am currently unable to use the actual scheduling portion, I love the newsfeed portion! It is our own social media hub that I use to upload schedules, upload news of the restaurant, menu changes etc. The best feature is that I can see who has viewed it!!

Once I edit a post on the newsfeed portion and repost it, it doesn't alert users that there has been a modification.

Sarah C.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Features, functions, and fabulous

Bewertet am 9.11.2021

Despite the desperate cheerleader narratives about every, single one of their features (we get it, it's cool guys), some of their offerings really are innovative and a welcome addition to business management software that you can't find in any of their competitors (geofencing clock in/out is possibly the best thing I've ever heard), their costs are the lowest I've ever seen and their easy to navigate platform is the most comprehensive I've ever found. Even if they charged 5 or 10x what they are, it would still be an easy choice.

This software was easy to use and implement, intuitive, colorful, well labeled, directive, fluid, and flexible. There are a lot of options available and it offers a lot od customization during both set up and operation. I especially loved that the process to
use sling, and the web application, was fast and understandable trying to get a small start up off the ground has me already spread thin on time and money, so sling really packs a punch for it's cost, which literally made my jaw drop, unparalleled!

The company website (not the web application itself) was cumbersome and their prose was annoyingly perky. Seeing as they rambled on and on in long, overly adulating paragraphs about each one of their features, by the time I got to the "what's included in all packages/price points" section, I was a little disappointed about all the features not included (successful marketing ploy) but disappointing nonetheless.

Chad H.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

User Friendly

Bewertet am 11.6.2021

I believe Sling has reduced the amount of employees missing work or being late for work. Ability to make announcements to all of our employees to ensure our message gets out.

Being able to copy and paste the schedule weekly saves time when making a schedule. In my department alone I have 87 employees. The unavailability feature is great so that as managers we can ensure we are scheduling people when they are available. This reduces the amount of time we would need to make adjustments to schedules if we scheduled someone when they were not available.
The messaging and announcement feature is great so that we can send out a group message to get an announcement out to all associates. Also being able to send private messages to employees is great so we do not have to give our personal phone number out to all employees.

Not being able to delete private messages. We can archive the messages but cannot delete them. We have to archive each one individually which is time consuming. Also when we want to delete an announcement we have to check two boxes and then hit delete. Would be better if we could just click on the announcement or multiple announcements and hit delete.

Deputy

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Sling

When we started the process of opening our store knowing that we would have close to 600 employees throughout multiple departments I knew we would need some sort of scheduling software. Our other location which is much smaller in operation was using Excel for each department. I had roughly 200 associates in my department when we first opened. I searched online for a scheduling software and came across Sling. After using the free version I realized this would be perfect for our store. I brought it to our General Manager and he agreed that we should use this software. We have been using it store wide in all departments now for about a year and a half.
Jamie W.
  • Branche: Eventservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great scheduling system for decentralized team

Bewertet am 12.10.2017

Our schedule and our employees' availabilities are fluid. Sling! is able to keep up without even breaking a sweat.

My employees love the mobile app, which can push reminders about scheduled shifts. I love that my employees show up on time, because Sling! can push reminders about scheduled shifts.

I managed to get by before I discovered Sling!, but I honestly can't remember how. I'm able to spend so much more time doing the work now that I don't have to chase my employees down to get them scheduled to work.

The mobile app is what makes this package great. My employees love the push notifications when new shifts are posted.

We have a variable schedule and a student workforce. Our MO is to post available shifts when we need people to work. Sling! lets our students apply for as many or as few shifts as they like. We can then approve individuals to put our team for the day together based on the skills of those who have applied and the needs of the tasks at hand.

There is no view available that visually groups like time blocks into shifts.

Our shifts don't follow a set schedule, but we often need more than one person to work the same time block on a given day. There are now several features to help you save time when scheduling things like this. For example, you can copy shifts to avoid having to enter all of the same details multiple times, and you can select several different positions when creating a shift, but once created, each person shows up as their own event on the schedule.

If I've got a half dozen different people working for each of four different time blocks on a single day, the calendar starts to get a little overwhelming with 24 separate events represented. If there was a way to group like time blocks into shifts with multiple employees assigned, this example would be down to 4 separate events, which is much easier to quickly get your head around.

Marlesha K.

GREAT for managing many employees with unusual/atypical Shifts. Very scaleable, efficiency...

Bewertet am 8.9.2017

So many 'Pros'!! --
- supports multiple work sites/locations.
- supports different employee roles/titles.
- supports large (unlimited?) number of employees.
- can 'deactivate' employees & then reinstate them at a later date (no need to delete the employee's entire profile).
- There are even more 'Pros' that we haven't fully explored yet, such as employees communicating with each other through the app to arrange shift swaps, etc. So much potential!!

I work at a college Math Learning Center where we provide additional assistance to students seeking extra math support. Having a scheduling app/software that can manage many employees with atypical/changing/unusual shifts is crucial!! We employ both full-time permanent staff and temporary students tutors and with our temporary staff we have a lot of turnover as students come-and-go. Thus we have changes to the schedule constantly. So for us, a dynamic system is a must.

The Sling support staff is also very responsive and open to suggestions and ideas. Some of my suggestions have been incorporated, such as being able to included a 'break' duration for a shift which then is subtracted from the shift hour total. These changes have made Sling even more useful! I am so thrilled to have found this FREE scheduling web application. We don't have the budget to pay for a scheduling software/app, yet we needed a tool that could handle our very specific and complicated needs. We found it in Sling!!

- Would like to be able to add more details about each employee, such as customized checkboxes for employee 'expertise'. (There is a 'notes' section for each employee profile, which is nice.)
- Be able to make tags/notes for certain dates, such as 'holiday' or 'extended day' to remind the scheduler of different scheduling needs.
- Have a shift-responsibilities designation option, such as 'Opener' or 'Closer'
- Would like to be able to 'collapse' some of the hours from view and/or designate a viewing window that shows only when our center is open (must be unique by location). Though being able to schedule shifts beyond 'operating hours' is needed (set-up, take-down time) but many hours before and after our operating hours don't need to be displayed.
- Would like there to be a way to designate general staff 'types' (i.e. permanent vs temporary) not just different employee position. A Permanent staff member had additional responsibilities and must be staffed at all times, so being able to look at the shifts of just Permanent staff would be beneficial.
- More customizable options for the print-view.

All these cons, if addressed, would just be icing on the cake. The app, as it is now, is completely functional and covers all the necessities and more!

Viet B.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

One of the Best Softwares for Scheduling!

Bewertet am 1.6.2021

After doing our research on many types of scheduling software, we have found that Sling best fit our needs through value, functionality, and amazing support. We have found that support has always been available right away and through just a simple chat.

Simple to use, stable, and extremely functional for all types of shifts. Our company works with schedules that are basically large in volume and has dynamic shifts times. The most useful function for us has been the unavailability settings, which as greatly assisted us with being able to schedule the right people for the right times. Another really useful function has been the ability to message both privately and as a group. The app functionality is extremely good as we are able to do everything on the web version through the app. The reporting functions have also been very handy for us.

The app version could be a little better in how shifts are viewed (its as a vertical list rather than a horizontal schedule format), however, we understand that there are certain limitations on a mobile screen so this is very forgivable and still really easy to use.

Homebase

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Sling

We ultimately chose Sling due to how user-friendly it was, how consistent the support was, stability of the web app and mobile app, as well as the amazing value that they offer. It fit our needs perfectly for our project and we are extremely satisfied.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Sling a must to check it out.

Bewertet am 18.5.2019

My personal feelings after having to pay such high prices for cable channels on the market we just had to drop them. Someone told us about sling and to try it. We love it. We will stick with sling for a long time. And to enjoy all the channels for cheap prices and affordable. Check it out and try it. Highly recommended Sling.

Sling is a great program. We have been with sling for 3 years now. We love sling. It better than spectrum for cable. Sling is way cheaper than any cable on market unless you go annetena. In order to use sling we had to buy roku to get sling for our tv. Sling programs offers very good rates for cable channels and more. Sling also offers dvr for any channel they have. My favorite channel is hallmark. Sling offers 3 hallmark channels that i never knew was on market. So being on a budget this was good buy and reasonable. Just to enjoy sling. I highly recommend it to anyone that is on a budget.

I don't have any complaints or downfall with sling. I am very happy and pleased with sling. I don't know what i do without sling program. It great program and you can't go wrong with sling.

Courtney M.
  • Branche: Regierungsbeziehungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Sling Software Saved Me So Much Time!

Bewertet am 3.6.2021

I have used Sling for a few years now -- it meets my needs and goes above an beyond for the products it offers to the user. Sling support staff have been responsive to my needs and questions. A Great Product!

Above all, I love that Sling has saved me so much time when making the schedule for my employees! Used to take 3-4 hours, now it only takes me approximately 1 hour to create a weekly schedule. Sling is accessible by computer and by mobile application. I love that it has many different colors for the different shifts that I need to create. Love that I can copy and paste shifts.

I wish that the mobile application gave me a total count of hours for each employee. When approving an employee to pick up an extra shift, I currently need to go to a computer to see to total count of hours for that individual before I can approve. Wish I could see total count of hours on my phone, so that I can approve when I am initially notified (which is usually an app notification to my phone).

Nancy F.

Sling Review

Bewertet am 8.9.2020

Scheduling and messaging staff is so much easier now. It is all on one platform that is easy to navigate.

We have tried several different scheduling softwares. All fell short in one way or another. Sling is easy to use as an administrator and also as an employee. Very intuitive and love having the option to send messages as well.

The only negative I can find is that when printing the schedule, it is not in a easy format so is not user friendly.

Chelsea M.
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen

Great scheduling software

Bewertet am 16.2.2021

We switched from paper to digital scheduling with sling. Staff appreciated being able to swap shifts from their phones & easily picked up on the new method. We also switched all communication to the app which has helped me find communications from staff & stay organized.

Other key features we enjoy: shift alarms, constantly updated services, template/copy paste for shifts, categorization options, reports, & more.

There is only one thing that we need updated - a specific report to include some data for payroll.

Lynn V.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

This app is a game changer

Bewertet am 6.11.2020

Sling is excellent! I have been using it for several years and it’s getting better every year. I highly recommend it. It’s allows real time scheduling for team members as well as time off requests, shift notifications and several more options. It’s extremely convenient and easy to use. There are great simple features like colour blocking specific roles, it’s the little things that count. Along with all of that there is virtually no annoying advertising.

Sling has created a seamless connection between schedule creators and team members creating easy communication and boundaries.

Thank you Sling for generously offering such a great app.

There are so many options and it’s very easy to use from both the administrator and users point of view. It’s constantly being updated for improvements and there is absolutely no advertising on the free version.

It’s not really a con more of a possible option in the future and perhaps this is already an option. It would be great if it could link to iCal for apple users.

Jim E.
  • Branche: Sicherheit & Untersuchungen

Review of Sling by use of JE Solutions Pty Ltd

Bewertet am 2.6.2021

Benefit is that most of my business requirements are all in one place, and can be managed anywhere.

Ease of entering scheduling and rosters, messaging software, location entry and description.

Could use the ability to enter licenses an qualifications into employees profile aw well as alerts when compliance, licenses etc are due to expire or need to be updated.

Guardhouse

Ease of access and us.
Susan G.
  • Branche: Bibliotheken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Free option is good for us

Bewertet am 2.6.2021

It was just what I was looking for for scheduling employees. The app is great so that you can see who is working when. Because I use the free version, it fits our tight budget as well

I like that it is free and it makes it easy to see who is working when. I can color code people and see when they are not available and want time off. We also can communicate and I get updates immediately in my email.

There isn't an option to calendar meetings so I get around it by using the Employee feature to name repeating meetings. I also would like the Notes feature to be more prominent. It would be nice to know there is a caveat on a shift that we need to know about.

Kris L.
  • Branche: Groߟhandel

Great for Remote Working

Bewertet am 29.9.2020

Sling has made tracking hours a lot easier and has helped the payroll department immensely. It's organized and fairly user friendly, there's a slight learning curve but it's not bad. It's been nothing but useful!

Support for this program is good, I've never had any complaints there. You can schedule shifts or just let employees clock in and out as needed. They can pause their shift if a break is being taken.
The in app messaging system is decent.
As an admin you can leave notes and tags on what each shift is and what that person will be doing/did, they can even been color coded.
It's very easy to add an employee and schedule shifts for them.
There's a general news feed and a tasks board where you can assign tasks to certain people.

The only con I can think of right now is employees can't just directly add a note to the shift they've just finished and the navigation takes a little while to get used to.
The messaging system doesn't have a global moderator too, so if something is being said that shouldn't be, screenshots from another employee would be the only way to know.

Vanessa V.

Sling for Scheduling

Bewertet am 6.12.2021

Overall I am pleased with this software, our employees never have any negative feedback which is always nice.

I really appreciate that there is an accessible employee database. This feature allows me to not have to add every employee on my personal phone because I can reference the database for needed information. I also quite like the Newsfeed feature. We currently have different categories in which to post pertinent information. It is helpful in sharing information with the team when we are all not present.

I do not like that when on my desktop, the Newsfeed will alert me about new posts but the alert will not go away after I review the posts.

Chuck A.
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Very good and consistent shift management

Bewertet am 18.2.2021

The Sling support folks have been great. I feel kind of guilty because I am using the free version, but it does what I need.

The graphical interface is well-designed and lets folks see the information they need to see. Set up is pretty straightforward. There have never been any interruptions in service that we have noticed.

I could wish that shifts for a week could be copied into as many future weeks as I choose, rather than having to do them one week at a time. For our team, shifts haven't really changed for years and that would be nice.

• Branche: Gastgewerbe

Great Scheduling app with tons of potential

Bewertet am 25.4.2018

Very easy to use, lots of view options and adjustments, fairly clean interface, amazing features for free.

Amazing that you can drag and drop, use keyboard shortcuts to copy shifts. UI is fairly full featured!

Mobile apps are great, notifications are amazing.

We have multiple managers using Sling, and one annoyance is that we can't see each other's unpublished shifts. We end up using each other's accounts to see and adjust shifts.

The messaging app seems like it would work really well, but we already use another way to communicate (Slack, FB messenger, WhatsApp are all viable and free). Same goes with Tasks and Newsfeed. I would've preferred the Clock in/out as an included feature over Tasks, Messages, and Newsfeed. Beggers can't be choosers though!

I tried to contact Sling for interfaces, but got no response. Would like to know some of the interfaces they've already developed to be in the Premium prices.