Klaviyo

1. Email reply tracking feature is missing

Sam H.

Well worth the money

Bewertet am 9.5.2022

Despite the cons I laid out above, if you do have decent traffic and a good list size, you're missing out by not using klaviyo.

Klaviyo is the gold standard in eCommerce email & SMS marketing for a reason. It serves as a central hub for all your customer data and is the foundational building block for a strong segmentation & CLV strategy. It's extremely powerful with lots of features to tailor your marketing to your specific business case. I've also been very pleased with Klaviyo's customer support and educational resources.

Let's face it — this isn't the cheapest email software out there. For small eComm companies that are just starting out, it likely isn't the best option. The price isn't justified unless you have a decent-sized list and traffic on your site. It's also complex so there's a little bit of a learning curve.

Tanya B.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Very good tool for the price, has some good features

Bewertet am 30.5.2022

Is definitely sophisticated for its low price, but not optimal for a CRM focussed team and company.

For the price of the tool, its a super good one! You can even set-up free account, make a full data transfer or data set-up plan in line with the tool and its capabilities and then begin the paid monthly contract.

Has some funny quirks. Some features can be accessed if your workflows are event based but not list or segments based. Example, if someone re-enters a segment a year later they can no longer receive a flow. This will impact you highly for a multi-purchase business model. Another example is the "add to list" option from a list? segment flow. You cannot add users to a list based on their engagement actions in a workflow.

Braze und HubSpot CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Klaviyo

Lower cost helped us to understand what CRM can bring inn, and then upgrade if required
Jisselle B.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Klaviyo is so easy to use, segment, perform A/B tests and for reporting!

Bewertet am 2.6.2022

I love using Klaviyo. I actually converted after using Omnisend for a few years. I've also used HubSpot and MailChimp, but Klaviyo beats them all. It's incredibly user-friendly, especially for design!

I love the subject line automation, the most. I also love how easy it is to segment, how you can create desktop and mobile versions of emails, and how I can see all of the email campaign metrics in real-time.

It can stall sometimes when I'm trying to edit the content. The text box can be glitchy and require refreshing.

Sendinblue

Warum Klaviyo gewählt wurde

Klaviyo was more user-friendly, and easier to do A/B tests.

Omnisend

Seemed more streamlined!
Goran P.
  • Branche: Groߟhandel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Good software for your marketing needs

Bewertet am 22.5.2022

Overall, Klaviyo does the job. We are able to manage our campaigns and manage our marketing entirely. Certainly a positive experience using it.

Klaviyo is a good software for marketing needs. Navigating through the dashboard, as well as building & managing campaigns was pretty simple.

I wish that Klaviyo allows for a more customized way to build your templates and campaigns. Its rigid, and needs to be more available to move things around as you want, and not stick to the rigid columns.

HubSpot Marketing Hub und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Klaviyo

Price point firstly, and its compatibility to Shopify.
Daniele S.
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

The best email marketing software for ecommerce

Bewertet am 6.5.2022

- ready so use template for the most useful sequence
- high possibility for segmentation
- clear revenue dashboard
- the best for ecommerce
- sms feature

- is not cheap, but is the best
- there's no cons, the software is actually the best for ecom

Abdellatif S.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Definitely worth the money

Bewertet am 25.5.2022

Generally, I strongly suggest Klaviyo as an email showcasing and mechanization stage. The product's dashboard and following techniques are exceptionally clear, and assisted us with effectively checking development in email commitment/deals month-over-month.

Klaviyo is the highest quality level in eCommerce email and SMS promoting on purpose. It fills in as a focal center point for all your client information and is the essential structure block for serious areas of strength for an and CLV methodology. It's incredibly strong with heaps of highlights to fit your advertising to your particular business case. I've additionally been extremely satisfied with Klaviyo's client assistance and instructive assets.

Can we just be real - this isn't the least expensive email programming out there. For little eComm organizations that are simply beginning, it probably isn't the most ideal choice. The cost isn't legitimate except if you have a nice estimated rundown and traffic on your site. It's likewise intricate so there's a smidgen of an expectation to learn and adapt.

Kyle M.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Fantastic Email Marketing Platform

Bewertet am 28.4.2022

Overall, I highly recommend Klaviyo as an email marketing and automation platform. The software's dashboard and tracking methods are very straightforward, and helped us to easily monitor growth in email engagement / sales month-over-month.

Klaviyo was the first major email marketing platform that I used in my career, and it was an excellent starting point due to it's user-friendly interface and simple-to-navigate features. I was able to quickly learn how to design and deploy emails, setup automations and workflows, and create audience segmentations based on a wide variety of filters.

Klaviyo's actual email builder was a bit limited in its design options. Because of this, most of our emails looked standardized without much variation between designs. Oftentimes, emails would look different than seen in the design preview, making it essential to send internal test emails prior to deployment.

• Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Fully Integrated Email Marketing Platform for Shopify Stores

Bewertet am 11.5.2022

Klaviyo is the best out there that perfectly integrates with online stores that are built using Shopify. It offers several email automations and customer database management that allows to retain and engage lost customers. The platform is easy to use and very agency friendly.

There are not many limitations, though would like point out that, SMS marketing is not available in all locations which is a boomer.

Zoho Connect und Mailchimp

A powerful tool

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

One of the best tools for email marketing. Adaptable to increase the customer experience.

Does not have any major drawback. Works great.

PageFly und Shopify
Eszter D.
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best e-mail marketing solution for Shopify

Bewertet am 28.9.2021

I have tried many email marketing providers (MailChimp, Sendlane etc) and found that Klaviyo offers the highest customer service, hands-on implementation, very detailed training and on-boarding. They also offer many pre-build email templates and flows that are customizable

Klaviyo's customer service and implementation team is outstanding! Nate walked us through the platform and shows us the dashboard, which was very helpful. After we signed up, we had 6 (1-hour) onboarding calls with an implementation specialist to make sure we set up everything correctly.

They offer MANY pre-built email campaign templates and flows, so creating a full email strategy is very easy! Reporting and the dashboard is very user friendly. Connecting with Shopify only takes a minute.

We hope that the SMS marketing feature will integrate with Gorgias soon - Klaviyo confirmed that it is coming!

Sendlane und Mailchimp

Warum Klaviyo gewählt wurde

MailChimp did not provide training and tech support.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Klaviyo

Mailchimp did not have an easy to reach customer service team and they did not offer a dedicated customer success manager like Klaviyo does.
Luke P.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Klaviyo Review - Best platform for online marketing

Bewertet am 27.9.2021

My overall experience with Klaviyo has been extremely positive as it has allowed me to build better relationships with my target audience. I have faced very few issues with the platform and it is very easy to use, meaning that I was able to send campaigns quickly after I first started using it. I would highly recommend Klaviyo to anyone who wants to get started with online marketing and those with online stores on Shopify as you integrate the two, to boost customer loyalty and increase repeat business.

The best features of this platform include the ability to design and save your own personalised email templates that you can send to your customers in an email campaign, I have access to email templates provided by Klaviyo and the option of designing my own from scratch. This has been very useful as it allows for each email to appear professional in its aesthetics and layout. Furthermore, you can create a list of all your contacts and then create segments to send campaigns to a group of those contacts who meet specific criteria. This means I have been able to send emails to those who only certain campaigns apply to, without having to send it to all of my consumers, which stops people from unsubscribing from my mailing list and prevents emails from entering spam folders. The 'Smart send' option also stops emails from being sent to those who have received them in the last 24 hours, to also stop spam emails from being received by my customers. Perhaps the most useful feature provided is the 'Analytics' feature, which lets you view how each campaign is performing, as it provides accurate information on how many emails have been received and who has opened them. This allows me to measure the success of each campaign and helps me to improve the reach of my future campaigns.

I would like Klaviyo to let more information to be stored on each contact such as the company they work for, a 'notes' feature would be very useful which could allow you to enter extra details about the customer, as this is currently not an option. Also I would like the option of being able to search for an individual and then add them to another (new) list/segment, so that when I need to email a small number of specific clients, I can do this without having to email them individually. As well as this a more powerful search engine on the website when searching for specific customers would be incredibly helpful. These are the main limitations that the platform currently has in my opinion and if these were amended, it would be even easier to use.

Dennis M.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A glowing beacon in a saturated market

Bewertet am 11.8.2021

Fantastic from beginning to end. I would suggest Klaviyo to anyone.

There are hundreds of email marketing managers, and they all pale in comparison to Klaviyo. Instead of trying to be a jack of all trades, Klaviyo focused on making the best e-commerce marketing platform, PERIOD. The integration with Shopify is an utter game changer, and makes it possible to actually feel in control of your marketing.

When it comes to Klaviyo, there is a bit of a learning curve. They do make sure there are plenty of resources, so if you want to learn you will.

Sendinblue

Warum Klaviyo gewählt wurde

For the focused look into e-commerce and the commitment to make the best e-commerce marketing resource.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Klaviyo

Klaviyo is more focused on e-commerce which is my primary focus.
Manny N.
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Good ESP That Does What You Need

Bewertet am 14.6.2021

Besides cost, the biggest team our team wanted to get out of the ESP was email automation which you get built in with Klaviyo. We had some assistance with our agency to get on-boarded and build some additional flows but overall, there wasn't to much of a learning curve with building the emails. Their tables do not render nicely in Outlook though, which didn't have that issue before which is a bummer.

With our previous ESP, we had to pay extra for the automation that you would expect with your email service provider. With looking at bottom line, that is what lead us to research other ESPs, which lead us to Klaviyo. While there is a learning curve with any new program, this one wasn't to bad to get adjusted. I will say I do miss the dedicated account rep we had with previous ESP and the on-boarding specialist okay...our marketing agency helped with the on-boarding as it was heading into Q4 and they helped steer ship in right direction after first two emails had less then stellar open rates.

The features are there that you need from an ESP perspective. They even recently announced the introduction of SMS marketing within their platform which helps ROI tracking to be even better instead of having to rely on a 3rd party vendor and who takes credit between a SMS message or email message. While our email send total is actually higher than in Listrak, we do not have a dedicated account manager to meet with and discuss the account, what they see, suggestions on where to optimize, etc. It is much cheaper than Listrak and another ESP we looked at so you get what you pay for.

Emarsys und dotdigital Engagement Cloud

Warum Klaviyo gewählt wurde

If money wasn't an issue between the two platforms, I would have stayed preferred we stayed with Listrak, but there cost was way to high comparatively and not even for as many "goods."

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Klaviyo

Ultimately we were able to get everything we were looking for at a lower cost with Klaviyo. Had some hiccups along the way and the Outlook rendering issue is a pain in the rear if you aren't coding all your emails, but to stay with Listrak, it would have been a much higher cost.
Meghan W.

My favorite marketing tool

Bewertet am 14.12.2020

Klaviyo has helped us build our email marketing and is one of my favorite marketing tools/platforms that I use on a daily basis.

I love pretty much everything about Klaviyo - from the visual/block email builder to the segmentation and automated flows, Klaviyo has helped us level up our email marketing in the past year from zero to thriving. I find it easy to work with on a team and with outside content creators and have gotten so much out of the Klaviyo Live From Your Laptop and Black Friday Bootcamp live webinar series they've run this year.

My only complaint thus far would be that saved blocks do not update across emails when you make changes (so if you change something in the block you have to go into every email where it is and manually update it to the newest version of the block) - but I have been told this is something that's being worked on.

I will also say that we have gotten much more metrics and ROI out of the platform once we switched our ecommerce over to Shopify (we previously used WooCommerce for which there was integration but not as seamless, and from Webflow for which there were no integrations). Everything about the platform just works so much better with Shopify from the product blocks to the automated flow triggers and we've seen a lot more value in the platform with this integration reaching its fullest potential.

Daniel S.
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Better than mailchimp - no question

Bewertet am 10.12.2020

It's been great. I had one experience with customer support where I felt the person wasn't going to pass on valid feedback (open rates of the first email cut by half due to < 2 hour wait with FB sync). But other interactions with support were great and I also was able to connect with their product manager who promised to look into it. I felt they're a young and flexible team. Also laser focused on email and what email marketers need.

If you want flexibility in segmenting your drips (or flows as they call it) then you need to use Klaviyo. We were using Mailchimp and kept finding areas that made it time consuming, confusing, or just not built to have a flexible drip campaign where contacts receive emails based on rules.

For example you can easily create a series of emails that are only sent to contacts that meet a specific criteria and do it all within one drip through a "workflow" like drag and drop builder.

You can also sync up to your facebook leads and save money on Zapier which is what you need to use if with Mailchimp.

While Zapier immediately pulls in leads from Facebook, Klaviyo only syncs every 2 hours. A lead getting a welcome email right away is SUPER important, but this means they don't hear from us for some time and it's negatively impacted our first email open rates -- almost cut it in half.

ConvertKit und Drip

Warum Klaviyo gewählt wurde

There are annoying bugs in Mailchimp or missing features which Klaviyo does beautifully. Most of those issues are related to emails within a drip (flow in Klaviyo). Rearranging the order of emails, reusing blocks from one email in another one without recreating from scratch, creating multiple branches within a drip based on subscriber criteria, A/B testing your emails in a drip, all those are critical and only in Klaviyo.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Klaviyo

I heard good things about it from others, seemed more versatile and matched to our needs.
Arthur S.

Best CRM for ecommerce, Worst for Customer Support

Bewertet am 3.1.2020

With no phone support and 30 - 40 minute wait times for chat support and 24 hour response times for email support and no support on weekends, this makes Klaviyo's customer support the absolute worst I have ever seen. Maybe it's due to their growing pains. Their support staff are a mixed bag in terms of knowledge and being helpful and while that's not the norm for most SASS companies, I think that's pretty common across most CRM companies.

Fairly easy to learn for such powerful software
Integration with Facebook
Their native integrations and Not having to use Zapier for a lot of my integrations.

There is almost nothing to not like about this software but to learn it, you need to learn Klaviyo speak.
If I had to pick one thing it would be some of the finicky ways in which the email builder acts when dragging in a new widget or row and trying to position it.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great email marketing software for ecommerce!

Bewertet am 9.8.2018

I've been using Klaviyo for about 9 months now, and I absolutely love it. It helped me increase the proportion of monthly store revenue by email from 10% to 50% in under 6 months. It's easy to use, easy to integrate with Shopify, and provides awesome functionalities that any ecommerce store could need. Their automated flows (abandoned carts, thank you emails, welcome series) all work seamlessly. They have many email templates to choose from, but you an also create your own templates easily with their template builder. No need to know how to code. Another reason to love Klaviyo is their ability to segment your audience. It's so easy to segment your audience based on their activity and interaction with your website. For example, creating segments of customers who purchased product X but didn't purchase product Y, or customers who viewed a certain product page but didn't make a purchase. By having these segments you can send very targeted emails to them, upping conversion rates. Their support is also fabulous. They're very responsive via live chat and/or email, and really take their time to help you. I've asked them so many things, and every single time I've been given tremendous support. The final reason why Klaviyo is great, is its price point. Other email marketing software such as Hubspot may have more features, but the price is unbelievably high. For a small business like ours where every penny makes a difference, we are so grateful for Klaviyo's prices.

I love Klaviyo, but what I wish they had is more features. Although, this makes sense because they offer everything at a lower price point than say, Hubspot. Many things are in the works though - I'm constantly in conversation with the support team, and they tell me that sophisticated features are in the works! Despite not having the most features in the email marketing world, this has never been a problem and has never deterred us from getting a lot of revenue from email marketing.

Kyle P.
  • Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A good, full-featured enterprise ESP solution

Bewertet am 4.3.2021

Overall, the experience has been great. I think they hype some of the buyer indicators and data collection, which is fine but nothing special, but it's a great email platform.

The IP warming and migration process was very smooth with no hiccups. The Klaviyo team are experts and it shows. We felt confident in their ability to successfully transition ESP platforms. The product itself is quite good and does everything you would expect it to.

Like all ESPs, it has it's own unique idiosyncrasies. No deal breakers, but some of the functions can be a bit clunky.

Zapier

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Klaviyo

More developed features out of beta
Liza C.
  • Branche: Erneuerbare Energien & Umwelt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

A powerful tool to implement a unique advertising campaign via email and SMS

Bewertet am 1.6.2022

With Klaviyo, our e-mail and SMS marketing capabilities have evolved, and we can expand our marketing operations and target new segments of customers. With Klaviyo, we also have a library of analytics for all our previous campaigns, and we've taken advantage of it by keeping its flaws under scrutiny and continuous improvement.

I love the fact that Klaviyo gives us multiple options so that we can filter existing and potential customers and send out promotions and alerts on a regular basis. I love Klaviyo's ability to categorize customers into multiple segments based on their data and past transaction history, allowing for unique email and SMS formatting to suit each segment's needs. I also like the fact that it is easy to create new campaigns by using the ready-made templates provided by Klaviyo, and I also like the ease of importing and preparing contact lists and also scheduling send dates. I appreciate the excellent reports that Klaviyo provides us with, which give us a comprehensive analysis of the interaction of customers with our campaigns, and we can determine by means of these reports the extent of the success of those campaigns.

I haven't had any technical issues with Klaviyo. The user interface is very intuitive, all the tools are clear and easy to use, and I love the fact that there is a support team ready to help us and answer our queries at all times.

Veronica D.

Best email app ever!

Bewertet am 10.12.2019

I have only been using Klaviyo for 3 months and I only wish I had discovered it before. If you sell online through an e-commerce platform give it a try! You will not regret it!

I have nothing but good things to say about Klaviyo. It is filled with great features like no other email app I have seen before; it has a very friendly interface that makes email creation a breeze; excellent analytics and a very fair price.
The other huge plus is their amazing customer service! They are on their toes waiting to help you! Superfast, super-efficient!

I still have not learned to use this app in all its depth, but their triggers and segmentations are amazing. There is nothing not to like in this app.

Claire C.
  • Branche: Kosmetik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Completely transformed our ecomm presence!

Bewertet am 6.1.2022

Klaviyo doesn't just have an easy-to-use platform that makes it fast to set up flows and campaigns, their customer support is incredible! They're always super helpful and the platform has helped us dramatically increase our conversion rate!

I would like to see more templates that can easily be customized, they have a great selection but I would love to see more!

Constant Contact

Warum Klaviyo gewählt wurde

We needed better deliverability, analytics, and functionality.

Michele V.

Great platform but poor CS

Bewertet am 7.4.2022

The platform itself is great. The level of service from our Customer Success rep is awful. It's like crickets when you try and contact them for an issue. So our team usually contacts both Support and our CS rep. And most of the time Support replies first. You would think a dedicated CS rep who provide a level of service that you'd want to recommend to others. Instead, we never know when we'll hear from our rep. We cross our fingers that Support can answer our questions. I think that's ridiculous. Klaviyo needs to improve this most definitely.

Klaviyo integrates very easily with so many platforms. It's easy to use and has great segmentation tools.

SMS is not great. They recently rebranded which completely throws me off with their new color choice. I almost felt like the rebrand was a way to cover up a whole lot of changes that they didn't want people to notice.

Omnisend und Mailchimp
Andrew J.

Excellent Email Software

Bewertet am 17.12.2019

Such an impressive email service and compared to a much more expensive previous system was streets ahead. Granted there are better systems but for us the flows are perfect and for the next level of email campaign marketing you would need to spend a lot more

The ease of set up and the ability to see results against the campaigns. it was up and running within 24hr and their onboarding was outstanding.

To be honest very little however some of the email creative can be a little constrained. For the price it really is very good for those on a budget and with smaller CRMs. It may become more expensive if you have a lot of addresses as you pay per email user.

Kate S.

Upgrade from Mailchimp

Bewertet am 17.1.2022

I had been thinking about switching to Klaviyo for a year, and I am glad I did! I have been using for about 4 months now. I love the multi-step automation email and SMS paths of Klaviyo - I am always in touch with customers in a personalized way. The overall design I prefer Klaviyo to Mailchimp. The interface is clean, easy and full of data. The layouts that come with Klaviyo for campaigns are modern and well-designed. It makes designing emails actually fun again! I am excited to continue to implement all the new features Klaviyo offers in my marketing. The possibilities seem endless and I am already seeing great results!

Because of all the features offered in Klaviyo, there was a learning curve and it took time to implement and switch but definitely worth it and necessary!