Airtable Bewertungen

4.7/5 (483 Bewertungen)

Early User and a Returning Addict

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall I am a super fan of Airtable - first discovered, fell in love, and told everyone I knew about Airtable 3-4 years ago, IIRC when they first appear on Product Hunt. Build a whole bunch of bases to manage my person life (book list, financial trackers, a large inter-linked base to track 3D printing activities for a local maker space etc.). Stopped using it for awhile because I was focusing on my day job for a few years, before coming back to do side projects and businesses.

Ended up build a tracker for my subscription business, with automated renewal and receipt email generation via Zapier. Airtable is not perfect but it made a non-coder me into someone who can create a solution that’s “almost there”. I always tell people - Airtable can’t do everything (like a fully customized software) but 80% of your need can be satisfied by Airtable with 20% of effort, broadly speaking.

I also love their Customer Services - while it is no longer the Airtable 2-3 years ago where I just chat using the chat tool (Intercom or..?) and ask UX related questions as they come to me (simple questions, not too different from asking a coworker in your office) and even caught the CEO Howie Lou a few times; it is still a very well supported software/ company where the CS team actually know the system really well and does’t just shove canned responses in your face.

Overall, lots of love for Airtable!

Ease of use, basically a database without the complexity of being one. No more managing of tabulated data via spreadsheet or simple table in word processing software. I also like the fact that I can do data entry in expanded and table views (I have a base called “Ideas”, where each column correspond to an area of interest in idea generation, e.g. Problem, Market, Competition, Elevator Pitch etc. - which the preferred data entry method is in the Expanded Jew; where as for base such as my “Bank Transactions Tracker”, the table field is better.

I also like how they aren’t just focusing on being American (yay to company that bother to cater to ALL date format under the sky) although for some other colum type they haven’t got down to it yet (telephone number etc.).

Personally I am a big fan of the Pro feature Blocks, which I used to create performace dashboards for my freelance subscription business. The Blocks feature is the only reason I opt to pay, although I am paying mostly out of my credits accumulated during the earlier days of Airtable.

Also like the community that’s building on top of it, forum is very active and lots of power users to learn from.

Combine with with other IaaS tool such as Zapier and you get a really powerful tool.

Insufficient control (can be easy to make mistake such as accidental typing etc.), lack of data validation (upon data entry), and interface could use more customization (e.g. lots of empty/white spaces in Card views, can’t have multiple lines in field header etc.).

A User-Friendly Database

Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I use Airtable personally to manage my volunteer activities, and professionally. I have used it to create purchase order forms using the design block and our company is using Airtable exclusively to manage contacts. Many projects at the company are using Airtable in numerous ways. Since I started using Airtable, about 2 years ago, I have seen many positive changes and I hope the company continues to expand and improve the user experience.

I've been using Airtable for a couple of years after finding an ad on Facebook. I made some bases for personal use and liked it so much I recommended it to colleagues at work. I work at a small not-for-profit and we have started using Airtable as our main contacts database. Several projects also use it. I like to use Airtable because it is so user friendly. It's easy to get a base up and running, either from scratch, or using a template. It's easy to pull the data you need and if you have a problem, the customer service is very responsive as well as the community forum. I think the best thing about Airtable is that you can try things without being worried about making a mistake. It's easy to copy a base for trying something or you can undo and make snapshots. It's user friendly and aesthetically pleasing.

At times I get frustrated by some of the things Airtable can't do, for example, finding duplicates as they are added. Also, I would love to be able to use a form in Airtable to keep contacts updated without using Zapier. Improved form features would allow me to use Airtable's forms instead of Google Forms. I would also like to be able to sort by colored records.

Another negative, in my opinion, is the pricing structure. We are a small non-profit and receive a non-profit discount, which is great, but we try to keep our costs down and it can be very confusing trying to pick the right combination of workspaces, bases, collaborators, etc. to keep the cost down.

Mit Google übersetzen

A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet, right? Wrong!

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love it so much I support it financially, which is a big deal for me. I'm a very small business and a monthly subscription is always viewed suspiciously. But I love how they are constantly building in new features that make it more and more usable. Things I didn't even know I wanted until it existed. And there is a free option! I just wanted access to the premium features.

I'm currently using it for:
-production queue
-development outlines and goal setting
- inventory tracking linked with vendor management
- galleries of photos incorporated on my website and on Facebook
- managing home chores and tasks
- keeping track of any number of personal and professional lists

I like this software so much that I pay for it monthly, and I don't consider 25 a month "cheap" for me. But it has been so useful that I can't imagine not having access to all the features.

It's complicated to say what I like most because that entails an explanation of what it does. It basically combines spreadsheets with databases and then allows you to view your data in a multitude of customizable ways. And share just the parts you want to share, or all of it. You can also add collaborators or have clients input information directly through forms. You can take all of this and embed it on your website or on facebook.

The various views can be a gallery of photos, or a more standard spreadsheet, or you can output it to lists like an address list, or set it up to print labels of just the records you want to include.

You can use it for project management and production queues, keeping track of vendors or clients, sorting and updating inventories. It's really brilliant to the point that I've moved away from other spreadsheet programs, task management systems and photo gallery software in favor of using Airtable.

It's not perfect! There are a few things I haven't figured out how to do or it's fairly clunky still. But much of that is my own lack of skill in certain areas. I'd love to utilize API but I'm still too much of a novice to really figure it out. Once I do, though, I feel like it will take my website to another level.

One of the features is the ability to take a group of records and output it into a format you create. It would be great if there were some templates available for this sort of thing, but I'm not even sure how that could be implemented. It could just be my own laziness!

Airtable is the Spreadsheet (and more) Application Everyone Needs

Bewertet am 28.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As I mentioned before, I am now using the application for QA and bug tracking, but have also used it for task tracking on collaborative projects I work on, which I've found to be really effective. I run my own business and am the only employee, so I don't need a full fledged project management solution and found this to be a great alternative when working with other companies that don't use one for web development, either.

Since Airtable also provides different ways to view data (Grid, Form, Gallery, Calendar, Kanban) the ways in which this product can be used are infinite. There's even a mobile app!

As an early adopter of Airtable, I've seen the program grow from a more functional and intuitive version of Excel to a full fledged application that can do anything from spreadsheet management to producing a CRM or project workflow. Initially, I used the application for QA and bug tracking, but now I use it for inventory for art I collect (I can even include photos for visual reference), lead tracking and generation, and a few other practical things. The more I use Airtable, the more I'm impressed with how much potential the application has to positively impact any business, organization, or individual.

For first time users, it can be a bit intimidating, especially if checking out the application, casually. One great resource that Airtable introduced is Airtable Universe, which highlights and demonstrates working and real examples of how companies and industries are using Airtable to track deadlines, scheduling, and a slew of other use cases. I would recommend that as the starting point for any novice of the application or anyone interested in giving it a try.

The Evolution Of The Spreadsheet

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 24.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Airtable is a refreshing new look at what spreadsheets can be. It is great for organizations with varying degrees of user experiences with spreadsheets. And if your organization uses spreadsheets quite extensively, then this might be a great alternative.

As mentioned in Cons, the proprietary nature of Airtable means that if you need to keep a standalone copy in a file format, you will not be able to do so. You can import those current spreadsheets, but once manipulated and modified in Airtable, you must continue using it. So, archival files are not possible. Something to consider, as some enterprise environment do like to keep electronic files locally archived for attachment to specific documentations. Airtable might not be that solution.

Spreadsheets are great because of their flexibility. But most of its power lies behind a vast library of functions that users must have a good understanding about its syntax and how to use it. Add to that the fact that they are not exactly pretty to look at. The solution lies with Airtable. Coined as part spreadsheet and part database, it provides a new way of displaying vital information without all the hassles of setting up a spreadsheet.

For starters, Airtable offers a vast array of templates and layouts to choose from. If you are proficient, or the templates simply do not provide you with the necessary layout, you can start one from scratch. Maybe even create your own template.

Airtable is like a high performance spreadsheet with a serious upgrade on its user interface. Even the user experience is something quite amazing. YOu add, remove or modify the columns and configure them to accept the data you need.

It does all a spreadsheet can do, except that its coolest feature is its ability to go from a grid appearance, like your typical spreadsheet, to a form appearance, which resembles more of a database.

Airtable offers a wide array of functionality in its free subscription level. Upgrades offer more customization options that enhance the functionality and appearance of your table. And to make the transition from regular old boring spreadsheets to Airtable, they offer importing of your data to start off with.

It is much easier than your typical spreadsheet, but if you are a true spreadsheet power user, you may find a bit of a lack in its functionality. Again, only if you are a power user, which most of us are really not when it comes to everything spreadsheets can do. There are limited hover over hints for the buttons and fields, so you need to really click on them to find out what they are used for. Novice spreadsheet users will still find a similar learning curve with Airtable, but because the core functionalities are visible from the top ribbon, it does make it just a bit easier to use. But, remember, there will still be a slight learning curve, especially with more advance features.

Please note, it does well at importing those current spreadsheets, but Airtable is proprietary and online, and does not do well if you need to export it into a document for archival purposes.

Mit Google übersetzen

fantastic solution for information-oriented project management

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 27.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung

* lends itself well to building information tracking resources
* simple data-driven layout
* scalable project areas

my operations team uses airtable to manage a lot of information flow and have converted complex tracking resources into the airtable format. the fact that we now utilize the app for a lot of these solutions is a testament to its immediate strengths. i enjoy how airtable doesn't necessarily force me into any specific workflow, which has been the major reason why other project management solutions don't work--everyone has a different philosophy around project management.

* pricing model
* learning curve
* communication management
* lack of certain standard features

there are a lot of glaring pain points that my team encounters on a weekly basis which makes airtable, not necessarily the perfect solution but rather the best we've found so far.

first off, airtable is too expensive for my company based specifically on their pricing model. to note, airtable charges per user per workspace. each member of my team manages specific projects related to a different area of the business. for ease of organization, we have a separate airtable workspace built to accomodate each employee. for example, we have a workspace for finance projects and a workspace for customer support projects. from a visual project management standpoint, this makes the most sense. sometimes our finance manager will need to engage and comment on a project base going on in the customer support workspace and vice versa. this engagement occurs daily.

if you're a single user, incredibly small team or your company is client-based (where these costs would go into your billing), airtable's pricing model may not be much of a hinderance.

there is a high learning curve when you get started. this is about a week of tutorials and deep-diving into the app. a lot of this time was spent modifying personal workflows to best utilize airtable. after that week of hair-pulling and a lot of cursing at our computer screens everything immediately became easier.

one strong flaw in airtable is its team communication solutions. you have the ability to run comment strings on individual data rows, but an overall tab dedicated to general discussion would be immensely helpful to streamline discussion and reduce the amount of hunting/pecking for information.

for a project management solution, airtable is fairly weak at offering seemingly standard task management features like scheduled notifications and workback timelines. after enough online digging, you can sometimes stumble upon a "good enough" solution. on this subject, archiving is not at all available, which is one of the more "seriously?" missing features.

6.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Wonderful solution to spreadsheets, needs more restrictive access, tech support needs improvement.

Bewertet am 10.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We can have many views of the same data in one place without duplicating the data. Each person can have their own view based on the data they need to see. The biggest benefit we've had is time saving and the ability to access this data anywhere, at any time.

Last year I was on the search for a solution to replace XLS and found Airtable. Previously we were using microsoft xls, as we found even GoogleDocs didn't work for our purpose.

We produce hundreds and up to thousands of products for one event and previously used xls to keep track of production and for by line item invoicing purposes. The ability to have all the data in one spreadsheet but then filter things out in a specific view that allows you to see only what you want is useful and makes it so you don't have to have multiple spreadsheets with the same data. For example we have an invoicing view, that's filtered easily to show costs. Then a post event inventory view where clients can see what they can use for next event. We also have a QC view where our team members can easily QC the product without all the unnecessary data in their view/way. We also use filters to easily show us what still needs to be approved and what is left to be produced for the event. It's a been a great way for us to manage large scale projects and our clients love it. Also, the fact that it has a phone app is helpful to us since we work events, we are constantly on the road traveling and not always at a computer.
The ability to download the spreadsheets is simple also, so when I need to create an XLS file to accompany our invoice, this is simple and easy for me to do.

The #1 priority for improvement that every Airtable user complains about is the lack of restrictive access. Access is "all or nothing" so if I give my clients "Read" access, they're only limited to one view and can't edit or note anything. If we give them "Edit" access they are able to edit anything in our entire database, including our pricing, so that doesn't work. We want, for example, a customer to be able to go and note/change info for one column and not be able to add/remove anything. For example they could go in and put "approved" for a line item that they approve for production, but can't change any cells not in that column.

I'm not confident in their tech support at this time . Recently we had some data loss issues that created mass concern. We added data to specific cells in an existing spreadsheet, and the next day the data was gone. Airtable keeps record of any change in a cell and there was no record of us ever entering the data, like it never happened. We provided specific examples and their explanation of "packet loss" on our end makes zero sense. Based on data that we entered that day, we added a photo, then added a date, photo, then date... all the photos stuck, the dates did not, so it would mean that every other second a packet data loss happened? They still haven't given a suitable answer to this, and if you can't rely on the data you enter being there, that's made us think twice about moving to the paid version, which we were about to.

Mit Google übersetzen

Helped us understand complex projects

Bewertet am 9.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that.

When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation.

It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable.

With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc.

Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it.

We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes.
An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

Mit Google übersetzen

Airtable is great at organizing complex data that you need to interact with dynamically

Bewertet am 31.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Airtable saves us time, but it also saves us money. We're able to better manage resources when we can see how everything connects. That's what Airtable is great at. We had the data, but we were missing the lenses to put it in perspective. Having a column of dates in a spreadsheet is useful; being able to see those entries distributed on a calendar with a single click is a game-changer.

We've migrated several of our Operations Office processes to Airtable and couldn't be happier. Not only is Airtable easy to use, it's easy to integrate. It might not do everything we need, but by linking tools, like Zapier, it's so simple to manipulate data and let the data trigger actions in the other software that we use every day.

For example, we've built a base to track key distribution for our 210,000 sq. ft. facility. We have a table with records for each of the 858 unique keys in our inventory, which links to a table where we track all of the keys issued to individuals. With filtered views, it's easy to see who has past due keys or which rooms are at the greatest security risk. And because it's all web-based, we don't have to worry about who checks in a key because everyone's base is updated in real time.

As a relational database, Airtable lets you establish connections between two complex tables. We can click on a person to see all of the keys they've been issued, or we can click on a key to see all of the people who have it.

Not only are our processes more efficient, they're actually more productive. Working from a standard spreadsheet, the type of reporting we're doing now would not be feasible. With Airtable, getting the answer is almost as easy as asking the question, and with the mobile app, I can ask the question wherever I am in the building--or outside of it.

Airtable has a great feature set as a relational database, particularly for the price and ease of use, but there are some limitations--not enough to cost a star in any one category though. The nine bases we've built so far were all things that we migrated from a spreadsheet system. From that perspective, Airtable is missing the ability to use conditional formatting and it's a little lean on available functions in the formula field. So far I've managed to find workarounds for almost everything, but they're not always the most elegant. Despite these limitations, we recently upgraded to an annual paid plan after six months on the free plan.

Mit Google übersetzen

I enjoyed spreadsheets before, but I love them even more now

Bewertet am 21.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, our office has really benefitted from using this product for shared spreadsheets that many people are viewing and updating on a daily basis. I've recommended this product to others, who have in turn started using it themselves.

I love how user-friendly and clean the interface is. Subtile design elements make it visually appealing, which makes a difference in our satisfaction considering how much of our day is spent looking at spreadsheets. I also like that it is relatively easy to use. Right away, new users can create beautiful, basic spreadsheets, especially making use of the curated templates. There are more advanced functions, however, that require a little more research and statistical know-how to employ.

This is a new(ish) product, and as a result, I can sometimes think of features that would be helpful that should be added. One, for example, is a better way to see which of a base's users are viewing the sheet in real time. Another is some additional formatting options involving colors and perhaps parent-child relationships between rows. Maybe some of that will develop over time. One more note of caution: if you're using this and you decide to add a profile picture to your account, think about whether you want to have a profile pic longterm before you do it. Once a photo is added, it can only be changed to a new photo, not changed back to the generic avatar. I finally was able to achieve a workaround for this via Airtable support, but I thought it was strange that their system wouldn't include capability to simply remove your profile pic.

The Tool Every Organized Person Needs In Their Life

Bewertet am 2.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have used Airtable since its early days for a variety of business and personal uses. And that's what I love about it: it's so flexible that it can meet just about any use case. At work, it has helped me organize complex projects, track content libraries, provide detailed documentation about major website overhauls, and more. In the time I've used it, I've been impressed with the rich feature sets that are regularly added, and the documentation is helpful. The team at Airtable seems to really understand who their customers are and what they need to be successful.

The greatest feature of Airtable is how flexible and customizable it is. If you can dream it, there's probably a way to do it in Airtable. Usually, that type of flexibility comes with a poor user interface or a steep learning curve. Not so with Airtable. It starts where users are familiar (a basic spreadsheet) and makes it easy to add on powerful features. You don't have to be a database guru to gain major efficiencies.

I wish there were more formatting options for the long text fields, particularly for Markdown support. This would leave the field essentially plain text on the backend, but would render stylistically on the front end. This would allow for many new use cases for the platform.

Amped up Excel

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love Airtable! As a consultant I'm using it now on 3 different projects and everyone who I've invited to join loves it. It's intuitive to use if you're familiar with Excel and easy to bring people in. The free version they offer is amazing and you should start there. Before you dive in, review the template space so you can get creative ideas on how to start building your bases.

I love that it's structured like an Excel doc - it makes learning it and teaching others really easy. The ability to group, filter, and sort is amazing and the multiple views create visualizations for people who see things differently.
The vast number of templates to use or start from is unmatched in the project management software space.
Customer service is incredible. They're help FAQs online are great, and if you reach out to talk with someone they are responsive with helpful info.

It's not easy to sort something out of view (e.g. a checkmark column for done items, there's a workaround but it could be easier)
It's difficult to have dependencies like Excel (e.g. if I select a date in the column, populate a date in the other)
For project management, it's not the easiest to handle sub-tasks. You can create a column for the main task and then group on that, but for projects with many main tasks it becomes cumbersome to rely on always having it grouped that way.
You can't copy a template into an existing base.
Pricing per user, per account. It would be amazing to upgrade only certain bases so all users on my account are counted the same.

Airtable revolutionized our business

Bewertet am 16.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Airtable is an impressive blend of high functionality and easy user experience. We've been able to standardize and streamline our employee onboarding process, store and organize important documentation for our team and affiliates, increase the depth and efficiency of our client management system, and collaboratively create and build new content for our clients. It's Zapier and Asana integrations have been critical to these processes. We now have 35 employees, whose tech literacy range widely, using Airtable in their daily work. We absolutely LOVE Airtable!

Airtable is above all easy to use. You don't need a computer science degree or coding certificate to do great work with it. And this doesn't seem to compromise its functionality for the average user. The organization capabilities – from the overall workspaces to within the records themselves – are what drew us in, and the file storage capabilities, Zapier integration, and collaborative workspaces totally hooked us. The ability to customize each individual database is paramount, and we rely on the fact that we can access our databases from anywhere. The colors also should not be taken for granted.

There are some limitations that we have had to find workarounds for, primarily not being able to share information across bases (we now use a Zapier integration to do this, but we've found it unreliable and limited in its own right), and not being able to integrate email in a way that is useful for our business. But there is nothing that Airtable CAN do that we dislike.

Mit Google übersetzen

Airtable revolutionizes the boring concept of relational database and makes it hip again!

Bewertet am 31.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The capability and flexibility to rapidly launch a database, then incrementally revise schema, business logic, and views as needs evolve. The numerous filtered views streamline role-based data entry. Most importantly, the ease of sharing and embedding is a godsend. None of the products on the marketplace lives in that sweet spot like Airtable does.

Airtable offers ultimate flexibility and accessibility. Gone are the days when you must spend a significant portion of efforts with schema and data dictionary design upfront. Database development and management can now be truly iterative. That mate very well with agile development methodologies.

The graphical nature of the platform spares users from possessing prerequisite knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and command-line interface (CLI).

The design principle democratizes NoSQL by gifting business users the benefits of NoSQL database (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Amazon's DynamoDB). It expertly fills the void between Excel, Access, SQL and NoSQL databases, and even FileMaker Pro!

Most of Airtable's targeted clientele may already be familiar with advanced functions from Excel or SQL and would naturally be interested in leveraging them for advanced calculations or business logic. As feature-packed as Airtable is, it is bound to run into selected use cases where functionality gaps manifest themselves. Airtable is diligently working on plugging these gaps, and I remain extremely hopeful and faithful!

Game Changer, Absolutely Addicted

Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Streamlined document, task and project management. Incredible increase in transparency and collaboration. Easy for many different types of teams to use the same information in different ways due the flexibility of the data display. My entire worklife is organized in Airtable. Feature development, project management, maintaining specs, running real time feeds, easy to edit database.

This software can ingest all types of information and organize it as effectively as you organize data in Excel. You can literally organize anything Airtable. It is so easy to use and has replaced several tools my team used to use for document, task and project management. If you have the help of developers, you can plug into Airtable to power things elsewhere. This means, non technical people can be adding data, content to an airtable and our devs automatically pull this into a real time engine that powers work processes, products, etc. I mean i seriously cannot promote this enough. I've probably invited 30 people to Airtable and all of them are wow-ed by it. Used it for engineering projects, planning trips, helping friends redecorate homes. Truly priceless tool - I compare it to Slack in the impact it has had on my workflow.

Would like to be able to reference & pull in data from other worksheets/bases.

Mit Google übersetzen

I love Airtable. The free plan is extremely generous and I use the app for a variety of purposes.

Bewertet am 15.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I honestly love Airtable. I use it to organize projects and my work with clients. It's just so utterly easy to use, I can't imagine there being a better product. I'm someone who always found Excel confusing, so the fact that I'm able to create formulas so easily has been great. I finally upgraded my plan after a couple of years, not because I had to, but because I was interested in some of the pro features, like the better colors and extra calendar capabilities. The phone app is also really great!

My favorite thing about Airtable is how flexible and yet still usable it is. I can keep very detailed records with complex formulas in one table, with a simple to-do list in another. The views and filters are also fantastic. I can have several ways of viewing one table, making it easy for me to see my data in the way that makes the most sense. For example, I can view project tasks in a kanban format but then click to a calendar view to see when things are due. Airtable also connects to Zapier, which enables me to send automated emails like client receipts.

The only drawback is that it's not built for long form text. I keep track of projects and clients on it, but for client notes I use Milanote. You can use it for long chunks of text, but that's not what it's really geared toward.

Airtable is a Dream Database

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Airtable has been a wonderful resource for us in that it has enabled all members of our team to have access to the information they need in real time instead of waiting for documents to be emailed. It also helps that we have been able to store all of our important databases in the same location for review instead of saving them in multiple locations or buried in folders (i.e. google drive). We love having everything at our fingertips and for such a reasonable price!

- I can create multiple databases all in one location
- I can share databases with my team who can then update and alter the databases in real time, giving everyone the same info at the same time
- I can manage all of this for free
- There are tons of filters for organizing my information
- It is easy to duplicate databases or move data around amongst them

- Some of the options that would be very beneficial and basic are paid options (such as color-coding different info)
- databases on the free plan are limited by the number of records, HOWEVER, you can have as many separate databases as we want, so this is a (very) minor issue

Mit Google übersetzen

So many possible uses for every industry!

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are using it to manage event attendee data, prospects, membership sales, marketing assets, social media post schedules, and more. Its as easy to set up a new database tool as it is to set up a spreadsheet, but much, much more versatile. Since we can set up just the data fields we need, our customer relationship database, in contrast to traditional CRM solutions like Salesforce, Hubspot and Zoho, is easy to navigate and flexibly grows with our needs.

More than a spreadsheet on steroids, Airtable is a cloud relational database that opens possibilities for improved productivity, creativity, sales and more for companies large and small. Because it is based on number of records, small organizations can take it for a spin for free and grow into it. Need a new feature? chances are its in the works...one of the many benefits of SAAS.

I've found it's formula fields and easy uploads to be invaluable in analyzing, prospecting, collecting relationship-building data, accounting and forecasting for my new and growing business and the local chamber I volunteer for.

Though based on records, as you add users the price can get quite high for data management, making its competition - a custom SQL database - a better priced option.

Mit Google übersetzen

I've used Airtable to develop powerful solutions for shared equipment, facilities, and purchases.

Bewertet am 25.10.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

1. It's easy to use AND extremely powerful--a very unusual combination for relational database applications.
2. You can quickly access and edit your information from anywhere using your phone, tablet, or computer.
3. You can easily collect information from others via custom forms and share information using shared views.
4. You can view your information in many different ways depending on your needs--spreadsheet, calendar, gallery, and kanban.
5. You can perform all kinds of mathematical operations on items in your database in order to help with evaluating and predicting resource uses.

1. I wish I could share some tables between bases or hide tables that I don't usually need to visit. I'm getting to the point where I have so many tables in the same base that it feels a bit overwhelming.
2. I don't see a way to get my information out of the database in a form that clearly preserves the relationships, formulas, and attachments (beyond exporting to CSV files). It's a major investment of time and energy to create these databases and it makes me nervous that the company could stop supporting the product at anytime (remember DabbleDB).

A Stunningly Beautiful Visual Database

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 8.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I would absolutely recommend this for many projects, it is fun and easy to set up and use. Perhaps keep the budget analysis for a typical spreadsheet or be prepared to deep dive into the documentation and creative solutions if you want to use Airtable for finances.

This database allows you to visualize, organize and track the progress of various projects in your personal and professional life. It is fully collaborative, so optimized for group or individual projects, complete with permissions.

Rather than staring at rows of spreadsheet numbers and charcters, you can grasp information within seconds given the graphically oriented database.

There are numerous templates, designs and case studies to help you compile your information in the best way possible. The customer support is excellent and there are tons of tutorials on their Medium blog and on YouTube to help you get the most out of this product. It is fully customizeable for the info and layout you wish to maintain. The pricing is reasonable and the standard free version has great functionality.

Although it is an awesome database, it is NOT a replacement for Excel for several functions. It resembles a spreadsheet, but you dont have full control over each cell, to format it as you wish. The formulas seem limited or more complicated in comparison to a traditional spreadsheet. You can' truly link databases or info between or within tables freely.

Manipulating numbers becomes a bit awkward in some circumstances.

However, these limitations may possibly improve with time and future upgrades. The more you understand how the software works, you may discover different ways to accomplish your functions on this new platform.

Wonderful, Free Solution for Relational Databases and Mobile Apps

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt
Bewertet am 10.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I use Airtable frequently both personally and professionally. It's an easy system for organizing anything that involves digital attachments, so it has a wide range of applications in my job in educational assessment. I also love using it to build mini-mobile apps for personal projects -- I've used Airtable to build "apps" which worked flawlessly for buying a car and for managing my Fantasy Football drafts in real-time. I'd previously tried doing the same in spreadsheets but Airtable worked much better for things that needed to be edited on-the-fly such as a live draft.

Airtable is, quite simply, my single favorite piece of software that I use. It's just as easy to use as a spreadsheet, but infinitely more powerful. It's intuitive to figure out and incredibly flexible. I can use it both to create powerful relational databases but also often use the mobile format to create tables which work more like apps. There are many different views, all of them useful, and it's easy to switch back and forth when needed. I love Airtable.

I wish more of the views were available on the mobile version. While it's still plenty powerful using only the default view, I'd really love the mobile version to support the calendar and kanban views in particular. The functions are also not as extensive as in spreadsheets or other database programs. I'd love to have the ability to choose one "block" (plug-in) for each free table, as Trello allows free users to do.

Mit Google übersetzen

My favorite spreadsheet/relational database software out there

Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Better organization and tracking, easing folks into the concept of a relational database

What can I say? I love Airtable a whole lot. I've been able to use Airtable to reorganize the way that we keep track of things at work, in a way that makes sense to others and also makes the information more efficient. The addition of an easy-to-use relational database to the traditional spreadsheet format means I can tell my users "It's just like Excel!" when in fact it's way more powerful than Excel for establishing those relationships between things. We now track a huge number of things in Airtable that, had we used a traditional spreadsheet for, would lead to a lot of duplication of information and would leave us prone to errors. Plus, as my coworker likes to say, it's pretty.

The free version doesn't come with blocks or record coloring. I have both a Pro workspace and a Personal (free) workspace, and I'm always a little sad that I don't get my Pro benefits on all of my Airtables.

Airtable LOVE

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Airtable has always been excellent in their customer support even when I don't understand what they are trying to tell me. They are tremendously innovative! I think they are a close second to Microsoft, it is a software I can't do without in my day job and in my entrepreneurial endeavors. Try It - You'll Love It!!!

I love the ability to share details/data with others by sending a link. I love I can embed the data via HTML. I LOVE the forms, it makes gathering data so much easier than email! I love that I can give a link to someone and if the data changes the next time they visit the link the data is up to date with the new information.

I'm still learning, there is a learning curve from Excel. It's really a new way of thinking about information and how you distribute it. Let's face it, email is time-consuming yet people still are not fond of embracing forms. I'm always hearing, why do I have to fill out another form can't I just email it to you? Getting people used to the forms has been a challenge and the forms are a bit limiting, but I love that Airtable listens to the customer and fully expect more features to show up in forms that will surpass google forms.

Mit Google übersetzen

For when you use spreadsheets for things other than numbers

Bewertet am 2.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I enjoy airtable. It's the only spreadsheet software I really like to use.

I love the muliuse and multiviews of airtable. I'm in video production and it's nice to have one place where I can store everything from budgets, production calendars, gear lists, crew surveys for meals, collaborative post production workflow etc . I also use it in marketing to keep track of our our social media calendar and as a task manager. At home, I use it to manage my expenses, my freelance work, and to organize my travel.

I wish it had a better tutorial. While I am willing to go look for answers and explore how to make and use a base, I have a lot of coworkers that are too used to excel and similar spreadsheets that they can't grasp how to efficiently use airtable. This frustrate them and they turn back to excel or google sheets. If the tutorial was a bit more comprehensive or force a user to take a spin when they first joined airtable (possibly even gamify it to point out what people can do with it), I could see more old corporate people understanding the use of the software if it's spelled out for them.

Mit Google übersetzen

Phenomenal and transformative tool!

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I recommend this product to everyone for both professional and personal use. Most large, out-of-the-box systems built to help with project management are too rigid to be used effectively with small or unique teams structures. This eliminates that problem and let's you build exactly what you need from the ground up.

It is so malleable that I can do almost everything with it. I used to spend every single day trying to make static spreadsheets do what I needed, and instead, I now can build full, robust databases complete with team interaction and approvals. The Airtable team takes great care to make all updates meaningful for their users and are great at communicating updates as they come out.

If you don't have a mind for if-then-or-that or boolean logic, it can be a little difficult to work up to using this product to its full potential. This can make it difficult to onboard new team member or get buy-in on using it across the entire organization.