Everhour

Kate
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

See Where Your Time Is Going and Adjust

Bewertet am 12.9.2019

Everhour has really helped me keep track of my time and plan more effectively for future projects. I also love how it feels like a competition with myself. I keep striving to complete the same task faster or cut down on the time wasted in between tasks. It's honestly a lot of fun and really helps with time management. Just by clicking that little play button, you suddenly have a sense of urgency while working.

I love how Everhour makes it easy to see how you're spending your time so you can adjust your schedule, redistribute your workload, etc. You can see exactly how long it takes you and your team to complete certain tasks and plan future projects accordingly.

It integrates with Basecamp so all I have to do is press a little play button next to each of my to-dos and it tracks how long I'm spending. Then I can pull up a detailed report later to see where my time is going. It's been especially helpful when putting together the argument for additional team members.

There's really nothing I dislike about Everhour. If I had to pick something, I'd say that I wish there were a flat rate for larger teams. We have to pay per seat and as the team grows, I see that getting expensive.

Antwort von Everhour

Hi Kate, thanks for your positive feedback!

Daniel

Excellent, just excellent

Bewertet am 9.10.2019

Tracking time and cost to me vs employee. Seeing meeting time costs and ensuring meetings are short. Improved visibility into costs of things I didn't realize takes so long.

I like the Asana integration. I use the application regularly to keep track of project timelines and estimates. Manage employee times and timesheets and know who's in and who's out. Tried about 4 other apps and this was the exact one I was looking for. Once I found it I stopped looking.

I sometimes get confused where some of the admin features live. Having the tabs in tabs I can get a bit lost finding what tab contains timesheets or reports.

Time Doctor

Warum Everhour gewählt wurde

Manic time wasn't developing. They didn't have good Mac integration, didn't have good admin abilities and couldn't edit other employees times.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Everhour

We tried 3 other software apps before settling on this. After using the other ones Integration was not good, the apps weren't consistent and it was difficult to get what we wanted in reports. Everhour was excellent and gave us exactly what we wanted. We run multiple projects and needed to easily track all of them as well as subsets of projects. This let us do it without complex configuration. It just worked.

Antwort von Everhour

Hi Daniel, thanks a lot for your feedback. We will think it over how to avoid menus in menus.

Nick
  • Branche: Internet
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Great idea but let down by broken integration and open ended support

Bewertet am 4.4.2018

Logging hours in Basecamp 2 works really well.
They've definitely taken the time to think it through and look at usability.
It's really handy to have the start/stop buttons next to each task.

And the idea of being able to automatically pass that through to account software is a good one.

Sadly the integration with Quickbooks doesn't work
Invoice numbers are emptied and delivery email address is also removed
So it's a real pain to have to find and manually assign the correct sequential invoice number and address.

It's easier to copy and past the times from Everhour into a new invoice in QB
- but then that really defeats the whole point of the software!

Having spoken to the support team, I couldn't get a timescale for a fix.
They agreed it was unreasonable to pay for software whilst waiting for it to be made usable - but didn't have any other suggestions.
Good software needs good support and that wasn't a great response.

I'd love to use this software, but just can't wait indefinitely without any indication of how long for bugs to be resolved and sadly, competitors, much like Everhour all want an annual commitment
So it'll be at least 12 months of using something else before I can even think about looking at Everhour - by which time whatever alternative solution I've chosen will be entrenched in my business and difficult to change.

Hi Nick,

Our apology for not living up to your expectations. I completely understand that my answer to you was not great, however, I did not want to feed you with false promises.

We highly welcome such users as you who could point to the drawbacks of our product. I will do my best to convince the team look into these issues as soon as they can.

Rafel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great time tracking software with very interesting extra functionalities

Bewertet am 9.2.2024

We are very satisfied with Everhour. Before using it we had another Asana integration. I think that Everhour is better than that integration and for less amount of money!

We use Everhour with Asana integration. It is very usefull to keep track of time spent in each task and it allows to do very interesting time and costs reports for each project, type of task, team member, etc. The reporting functionality is very powerfull because it is fully customizable with lots of options.
Home page is also very interesting as you can see in what is working each team member in every moment. If you are a manager you also have a very interesting view of all the team in which you can see very quickly if everybody is tracking time correctly.

We use Everhour with Asana integration. When you remove a task from Asana, maybe you are setting up a project and defining tasks and then you realize that 2 task could be combined in only one task, the removed task still appears in everhour timeline functionality (as completed) and you cannot remove it anyway form that view.

Thanks, keep going!

David
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Everhour Review

Bewertet am 19.11.2019

Everhour is very easy to use, as a daily user and admin, I use it every day to track time, and weekly to generate billing reports and invoices. Everhour has been invaluable to accurately tracking and billing my time.

Only thing missing is a phone app, but the website works well enough on mobile that you don't really need it.

RescueTime und Toggl Track

Warum Everhour gewählt wurde

When I switched, the integrations with everhour were better, and the reporting and invoicing were better.

Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Everhour

better integrations and better invoicing and billing stories.

Antwort von Everhour

Hi David, thanks for a great review! do you refer to an Android app?

Roshni

Loving Everhour so far

Bewertet am 19.11.2019

I use Everhour integrated with JIRA. New updates come through every few days making the product more wholistic in its purpose, seems like they're working through a well-prioritised list of features.
I'm quite excited to see new stuff being rolled out almost each week even though not all of them always apply to me. They respond very quickly to support requests and their help sections are quite informative.

I didn't have the option to import hours from my old tool into Everhour and had to / still have to do that manually for 10 people for 3 months so we could get all hours from start of the financial year into the system.
There is an option to set Client Budgets however they dont get pulled into the reports (yet) - waiting for this feature to come through soon :)
Would be good t be able to define multiple budget periods.
Eg: "xx" amount for initial implementation for a client from Jan-Feb, and then an on-going "yy" amount from March on wards .
This is currently a manageable issue, but i do need to go in and remember to change budgets etc manually.

Antwort von Everhour

Hi Roshni, thanks for your thoughts, we will think about them!

Skyler
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I've Tested the Alternatives: Everhour is the Best Time Tracking Tool for Apps like Asana and...

Bewertet am 27.10.2021

I've been using Everhour for over a year and things have been great. I've used the major alternatives and Everhour is the most seamless to use with the most features.

It's seamless integration with Asana. The ability to capture data directly from Asana and track time without having to define a project every time you need to do so is a huge time saver. The ability to also track budget based on whatever ways work best for your business model is fantastic as well (e.g. by cost, hours, billing, etc.).

A few things I wish were better would be:

• A direct integration with Data Studio.
• The ability to handle expense recording directly within Asana and/or the ability to do bulk expense recording.
• The ability to handle workload management using Asana data.

Antwort von Everhour

Hi Skyler, thanks for this review! Heads up, we are actively working on your 3rd desire from Cons box!

Joel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Everhour makes managing our projects and team more effective

Bewertet am 24.3.2023

We track our time directly in our project management tool. It makes budgeting easier and more effective, saving us time and keeping our attention in the place where we do all of our work: Asana.

It would be great if the accounts payable side of Everhour integrated with Xero, i.e., what we owe to contractors. Then it would be a complete package!

Airtable

Warum Everhour gewählt wurde

We wanted a budgeting tool. Everhour offers it, and it integrates with how we already work in Asana.

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Everhour

We had to do all kinds of customization to make Airtable work. Everhour had all of the features we were trying to build ourselves. It saved us a huge amount of effort and time, and it is far more effective.

Antwort von Everhour

Thanks, Xero integration development is kept in mind for sure!

Jeremy
  • Branche: Design

Excellent intergration with ClickUp

Bewertet am 28.2.2023

Very positive. I've used Everhour standalone, integrated with Asana and ClickUp and it's the best time tracking platform I've used!

The integration with clickup was intuitive, easy to set up and the immediate syncing between the platforms is impressive. I really like the flexibility of the reporting and the multiple ways you can add time for your daily tasks.

Minor things like sharing reports and problems if I move tasks between projects in ClickUp, they get orphaned in Everhour.

Antwort von Everhour

Thanks for sharing your story!

Dolores
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

Review for Everhour

Bewertet am 24.7.2023

Great decision for our company to switch to Everhour

Great decision for our company to switch to Everhour

The ease of use and compatibility with other products

You can't edit your entries in Everhour.

Antwort von Everhour

Thank you for this review, Dolores!

Bas

Fan from day 1

Bewertet am 9.10.2019

Everhour is a great tool. We have evaluated Toggle, Everhour and TimeDoctor. No way back.

We really like the Gsuite integration and the integration with Jira. We regularly get compliments from our clients as we send very detailed report on where company time is spent on.

We find it difficult to integrate with our financial application. Lots of rework after export is required. We would also like integration with CRM, eg automatically forward rates discussed during sales trajectory.

Fixed fee projects are difficult. A

Time Tracker und Time Doctor

Warum Everhour gewählt wurde

Toggle didn't integrate as well with Jira.

Integration capacities. Ease of use. Reporting

Antwort von Everhour

Hi Bas, thanks for the high rate! Integrations in new tools are never easy, but we always try to enlarge the list.

Jessica

Swipe iX Time Tracking and Reporting

Bewertet am 9.10.2019

- The ease of integration with our ticketing tool (Pivotal Tracker) was exceptional.
- The in depth reporting is both easy to use and extremely robust.
- The time tracking for my development resource team was easier than with any other tool we have used, making it much easier for them to track their time accurately.

- The project syncing and updating from Pivotal Tracker does take a long time, even when syncing is manually enabled.

Jira

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Everhour

The range of features totally outweighed the other tools considered, especially from a price point perspective.

Antwort von Everhour

Hi Jessica, thanks for the review! do you do a page refresh after a manual update?

Brooke
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simplified Our Project Management and Billing Dramatically!

Bewertet am 28.9.2021

We found it easy to set up and use. There was definitely a ramp-up when it came to learning new ways to accomplish our goals, but I feel that Everhour was not difficult to switch to when we were ready.

It integrates cleanly with Asana and allows us to have real-time data in Asana about time spent on projects. It allows us to more quickly evaluate our fixed fee projects in light of the time we are taking on the projects. The billing is tied directly to Asana projects, so it eliminates user errors with users trying to determine where to track their time appropriately.

There are a few aspects of the software that are not intuitive, but we have still managed to find the information needed to edit what we need to. I feel that the tutorials aren't very fully built out. It would be nice to have more detail in using some of the features such as editing existing time/projects and report creation.

Antwort von Everhour

Hi Brooke, thanks for the feedback!

Greg

Everhour has seamless integration

Bewertet am 4.8.2023

Great time tracker and great integrations. We would recommend it to anyone.

Great time tracker and great integrations. We would recommend it to anyone.

One of the biggest reasons we chose Everhour was for the two integrations it has with Asana, and with Quickbooks.They are now seamlessly integrated where we can track time in Everhour or in Asana without them feeling disconnected or incongruent. The Asana integration has worked great for our time tracking needs.Our Quickbooks client and project list is our single source of truth. With Everhour it was able to take those lists and integrate them just as we needed it to. When we create invoices through Everhour it does a great job of copying them to Quickbooks.

Our biggest problem (and truly the only hitch right now) is that we have to manually export all of our invoices from Everhour to Quickbooks. We wish that this could be a simpler and less manually intensive route where we don't need to click through every client and we end up with 50+ tabs that have created the invoices.We wish we had a more dedicated page to send off the Invoices quickly and effortlessly, while still being able to edit the line items and expenses. (Further, why aren't we able to create invoices that only have expenses in them more easily?)

monday.com

Warum Everhour gewählt wurde

Everhour has better integrations and a smarter way to track time. Pause/unpause is great!

Antwort von Everhour

Thanks for the notice, Greg. We will think it further.

Loren
  • Branche: Design

Asana Integration is Unparalleled

Bewertet am 29.10.2021

We use Asana for project management and Everhour integrates in a way that make it feel like the time tracking is managed completely in asana. It tracks to each task and sub task as we create them in asana — and can track tags, people, estimates, billable vs non-billable, and probably a bunch more things I don't even know. Compared to other time trackers that "integrate" with asana — they simply provide an interface button where you still have to select the task again, vs. everhour where you create the task in asana and click the start button and you're on your way.

Nothing I'm aware of yet. I guess having more robust invoicing would save me from exporting the invoicing to Xero.

Antwort von Everhour

Thank you for leaving this review, Loren!

• Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

The time is gold

Bewertet am 3.4.2019

There is a popular saying that says "Time is money" and Everhour knows it very well. Few give it the importance that the proper administration of hours should have. Every second, every minute and every hour are vital in any activity of human beings. Now, for a company, institution, or a working group, having an application that knows how to manage the moments and occasions of your time is fundamental. This software allows you to manage according to your work schedules, through a simple but very effective and efficient platform.
If you need to optimize your workflow then this application will serve you without any doubt. If you are an entrepreneur, with a certain team or staff, it will be good to have Everhour to have a precise time tracking of employees, billing and payroll control. For something, as expressed by your official account, you have the confidence of more than 2,000 companies in more than 70 countries.
Now, speaking of its vital functions, Everhour has a wide group of tools based on a minimalist platform for the convenience of any user. You can keep a record of all budgets of your projects, schedule alerts, track the time with an estimate based on the tasks of the worker. Creation of billing reports, expenses, and progress according to time. This is how this software will be vital for you to manage all your time accordingly.

The competition of Everhour is not easy. There are other software such as Hubstaff that also perform the same functions. That should motivate constant updates of the system with the implementation of more and better tools, although for the work to which it is intended, is quite good.

Antwort von Everhour

Thanks, time is gold indeed!

Thomas
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Usable plugin but with errors

Bewertet am 22.6.2018

The possibility of tracking time in Asana

The possibility of tracking time in Asana

Integrates with Asana using Chrome browser and makes time tracking possible.
With Chrome it's easy to set up. You just add the extension and connect it to Asana through the integration settings.

Often there are sync problems to Asana so working hours are often lost. It can be sync again but you have to find the lost task to do this and sometimes in large projects it can be hard to remember what have been done and not.

Everhour cannot be integrated to Asana Window App or with Microsoft Edge so it works with the Asana (like with Chrome). This is a huge deal breaker because I use Edge a lot. The customer support couldn't even tell me that Everhour had this issue - I had to find out myself.

Hi Thomas,

I'd be lying if I said I'm happy to hear such a negative feedback, but it's your right.

Yes, we do not support Edge browser. But it's not only for Chrome. We support Chrome, FireFox and Safari.

Yes, we cannot embed time tracking controls into native Asana apps. This is technically impossible unless Asana integrate with Everhour one day. Has anyone else do this?

As for our support service - I can't believe that you asked us about supported browsers or native Asana apps (such a simple questions) and we were not able to answer.

Respectfully,
Mike

• Branche: Marktforschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Everhour is a must-have for our business

Bewertet am 17.5.2022

Everhour is a must-have for our business- We use it to track time of all employees, to make sure we're on track with projects, and to bill clients for time used.

Sometimes there are glitches integrating Everhour into our project management system, but it's rare.

Antwort von Everhour

Thank you so much for a wonderful review!

Karl
Karl
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Game-Changer that was introduced to our company.

Bewertet am 19.7.2018

Ability to calculate the effectiveness of our projects and staff member profit/loss ratios. Tracking which task took too long to complete or clients who we need to increase charges for.

Ability to have Everhour and Basecamp integrated. The option to set base cost of employees and "hourly client rate" which then calculates the profit/loss per project is amazing. The export features are great for analyzing data and workflow.

Everhour has came a long way since it first began and since the first time I have used it (over 2 years ago, and hated it!). Now, that has all changed and we simply cannot live without Everhour.

I have rated the 'Features & Functionality' section with 3 stars for the sole reason to let you know there is room for improvement. I think the permissions for individual employees which limit when they can edit time, whos time they can see are among some from top of my head.

PS: Being able to deauthorize Basecamp integration would be handy rather than going the extra length to your custom support team to remove those integration (accidental setups etc).

Antwort von Everhour

Thanks for this comprehensive review, Karl!

Melodie
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Very nice time tracking tool

Bewertet am 30.10.2023

Very easy to set up and use. I can generate different kind of reports.

I would like to have more reminders options. Since we're working in french university, I would like to have the possibility to get the settings in french.

Antwort von Everhour

Thanks, we will think about your suggestions in the future.

hannah

Transformed the way our business not only works but how we price our projects

Bewertet am 24.4.2018

The best feature is by far the reporting. It is simple and clear to understand. It has been extremely beneficial for our team to be able and go in and see how much time was spent on client facing work and how much has been spent on meetings or administrative tasks. Having this information has increased our productivity and allowed us to see where we need to make changes in our systems and processes. We don't price per hour, but per project, so by tracking our time we see where we need to be more efficient if we want to be profitable or where we are maxing out and need to charger more.

The Chrome extension. I like the idea of the recent tasks and just being able to click on those, but I do wish there was a way to search just in the chrome extension rather than having to open up a tab and then search for the tasks.

Antwort von Everhour

Hi Hannah, thanks for your review! We are releasing the functionality you anticipate in a couple of months:)

Jerry

I use Everhour as an add-on to Asana for project management.

Bewertet am 3.6.2017

I like having the timer embedded in the task items on my Asana projects. I don't forget to click my timer now. I also like the flexibility I have in tracking whatever needs to be tracked in a specific project. No two projects are ever the same and have different requirements for time tracking. I like the total time at the top of the project page and the reports i can run at the Everhour website. The task specific time tracking I can do with Everhour has helped me in estimating similar projects and evaluating contractor performance with my estimates.

I would like to see a total time for each section on my project page on Asana but if I have a critical need for this (such as a project revision) I can track the revision as a separate project in Asana and then I get total time at the top of the page for the revision.

Antwort von Everhour

Thanks for your review, Jerry! By the way, you can see the total time by each section in our reports.

Antonis

Everhour Review

Bewertet am 9.5.2022

The intergration with Asana and the easyness of time tracking task time

It's kind different in comparison of Harvest and for categories that are not on Asana

Due to the intergration with Asana

Due to the intergration with Asana

Antwort von Everhour

Thank you for your review, Antonis.

Raj

I am a user

Bewertet am 24.3.2023

Its great and because of the add on I can generate report for my work and because of history i can trace my code also

To generate reports of tasks from start to end and save my records and file to share with the team

I think so, whatever I want my work all in the ever hour and I am using this addon in asana.

Thanks!

• Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Simple and useful

Bewertet am 27.3.2023

It's simple and quick. Browser extension on chrome easily integrates with asana where I do my tasks.

I don't have any complaints about the use. I guess it would be nice if there's an option to see all task monthly basis just like it has default weekly options.

Thank you!