Homebase

Kostenlose Mitarbeitereinsatzplanung, Zeiterfassung und mehr.

Sortieren nach

Shilleah
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Great Clock In Tracker for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 8.5.2020

Overall, we are happy with it! We were using paper time cards for everyone, so this is a huge improvement for us!

It has a really easy interface for everyone to clock in and out with their passwords when they start and end their shifts. It also allows all our employees to download an app to their phone that will remind them to clock in/out and also will tell them how much they made that day! Love that.

As an administrator it doesn't allow me to schedule a shift for my employees and have them clock in and out for their lunch or breaks. In order to account for lunch break, the only way to do it is to do multiple shifts for that person for the day. That part is kind of annoying, but not a deal breaker. It is also not an easy interface to use templates from previous weeks or rename then. It says you can do it once the schedule is published, but it doesn't direct you to there once you have done so.

Maxwell

Scheduling & Labor Costing

Bewertet am 24.11.2020

Years of working with Homebase have shown that they constantly improve their product, and make it easier to use with integrations with common applications (via API access).

Quite honestly, one of the first things I recommend to businesses that want to schedule employees and know their labor costs that are up to the minute.

The one feature that I do wish was available, would be a calendar view that showed the entire department or business, so that it could be displayed on a monitor or web-based application.

When I Work, HotSchedules und MySchedule

Warum Homebase gewählt wurde

The integration with Square POS and ease of use made it a reasonable switch. After years of use, I don't know if I would go back.

Zuvor genutzte Software

HotSchedules

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

Homebase seemed to offer a solid free version, that makes it easier to implement with a client before showing them the added advantages of a premium plan.
Krystal
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen

Similar to others

Bewertet am 12.1.2023

useful, helpful, mostly accurate and user friendly

connectivity issues, password issues etc.

Aprilla
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Easy App That Allows Loan Access

Bewertet am 22.10.2022

Great site; I enjoy it - it is easy to use and colorful.

Loan access is available to me right after I pay off one loan.

Loan feature not accessible via the desktop site; only on the phone app.

Cheryl
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer

Bewertet am 17.8.2022

Finally getting up to speed with technology. We had so many issues with our previous time clock provider, I'm so glad we found Homebase!

Being able to use the software anywhere and have the ability to change the schedule, communicate with staff, find coverage and my staff to always be up to date with what's going on.

Sometimes staff tell me they don't get notifications of schedule change when I post it.

Marcus

Excellent Scheduling Software for Restaurants/Bars

Bewertet am 16.5.2022

This is great way to track hospitality staff for clocking in and out, as well as recording some key data for payroll processing even if you do payroll outside of Homebase.

This makes scheduling our bar staff extremely easy and helps to track other payroll accounting data like start dates, hours, etc. It also helps to communicate with staff and provides a good source of applicants from a tailored database of hospitality industry applicants.

It could have more features for team communication and collaboration. The dashboard navigation is pretty straightforward but could be improved.

Julio
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Excellent product

Bewertet am 12.3.2022

Excellent for time tracking and keeping up with the team's schedule.

I like that it is user friendly and it has a mobile application. Everything works seamlessly and have not experienced any downtime or glitches at all. It streamlines our timekeeping tasks and helps us save a lot of time. We all like it!

I haven't thought about anything that I do not like

Time Tracker und QuickBooks Time

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

Easy to use and not too many bells and whistles that complicate things
Petar
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Still on free trial, but LOVE the software!

Bewertet am 28.7.2022

I have been looking for software that combines payroll and schedule seamlessly. I love seeing the payroll cost per hour on my schedule!

I haven't found a feature I do not like yet. If I have to be super picky, having a visual of individual teams on the schedule would be great!

QuickBooks Time

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

much easier setup and superior functionality.
Roxanne
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Easy to use but for limited use

Bewertet am 23.12.2022

It's been a good experience! I am able to run payroll quick and efficiently for multiple locations. I also have had the best customer service experience with their payroll team!

This is a great software for small businesses. It makes payroll and reviewing and editing employee timesheets easy. Also the customer service is exceptional!

It can only do so much. It is an extremely simplified payroll software, but assisting employees throughout the onboarding process is not as easy.

Brooke

Barista Rates Homebase

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

How intuitive and open it is to the users.

It would be difficult to transition an established business to Homebase.

Jeff
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, set-up, maintain, interface and adjust.

Bewertet am 3.12.2020

Exceptional. Set it and forget it.

The interface/importing with QuickBooks Online. Easy to add time and track PTO, holidays, OT and more. Customization for our business hours was perfect. The cost is lowest I have found for the amount of features. T-Sheets in QBO is too pricey for us. Also the remote clock-in features and mobile app is a big hit with employees.

Importation of hours into QBO Payroll needs to be adjusted and checked, but having HomeBase open after importing employee time cards makes it simple. Just match 1 to 1 and your good. Also the initial holiday set-up can be a bit tricky but HB customer service is excellent and guided us through it.

QuickBooks Time

Warum Homebase gewählt wurde

Epicor was cumbersome and tricky for HR. That was a longtime ago.

Price and Features. Paid Time Off (PTO) feature. Mobile App for remote use
Joshua
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Much more than the Software we needed

Bewertet am 31.1.2020

We needed a better way of tracking time and calculating salary. Manual entry and spreadsheets were all we hoped to replace, but Homebase has made us realize how much time we used to spend in scheduling and payroll. Now we can do scheduling while on the road, on a trip or make last-minute changes on the fly. Basically, more beach time and less office work. I have shared the benefits of Homebase with many of our affiliate companies.

First off......It is free for basic features. I love that it has an app for phone and tablet use. It is very intuitive and easy to learn. Staff can track their time and their salary. I could make a huge list here, but basically it is the software we needed, but now we can't live without it.

Some of the features are a little on the expensive side when purchasing plans, but mostly because of our exchange rate.

7shifts, Deputy und BambooHR

Warum Homebase gewählt wurde

Too much wasted time on scheduling and time tracking. We didn't know we could find a single software that had the complete solution.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Google Sheets

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

We felt that Homebase was much more inclusive overall allowing us to complete almost anything payroll related within one app.
William
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Overall good - customer service is disappointing

Bewertet am 3.12.2020

I really value the integration with Square POS that allows me to use the analytical tools within Homebase. It's really helpful for me to be able to see my labor estimates and even the weather (coffee is largely dependent on weather). I value the real-time feedback on my labor costs as well. I also appreciate the flexibility of the timecard programming that allows the real world to happen and for callouts to not totally disrupt my timecards. We LOVE your integration with Gusto that makes my payroll incredibly easy. I came into this position expecting to drop your platform for hotschedules, but I've stuck with it because you integrate really well.

I am currently having problems with your Square POS integration and it's causing me to not enjoy the best parts of your program. Unfortunately your technical support is so backlogged that I get calls late at night when I can't access the program to make a fix.

Fourth Suite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

It's what we have right now, and its meeting my needs.
Marybeth

Great POS system for a Sports Bar/ Restaurant

Bewertet am 24.7.2020

Scheduling is a breeze. I love i can duplicate schedules from weeks or months ago...sure saves time! It is great that I can Blackout dates that no staff can request off. It is great that staff can message each other or let the team know when a shift is available...to switch or cover for another person. I can send out a welcome message to the team when a new employee starts too...super easy to add staff as well!

It is nice to choose the apps that will work for your type of business. We are a sports bar, and it was perfect for us. It feels so good to not have a bunch of added items you dont use on your POS!!!

It seems to slow up at times, but it resolves quickly.
I don't like that we purchased a tablet and that will be outdated so it no longer is supported or provided updates. The tablet is convenient, easy to use and we use it for training new staff!

Square Point of Sale und Toast POS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

it was cost effective for what we wanted to do.
Megan
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Affordable scheduling software

Bewertet am 30.11.2020

I use the scheduling portion the most. Once a time-off request is approved, it will remind you when you go to schedule some to work on their scheduled time off. This eliminates scheduling errors. I can also look at each location quickly if I need to shift employees around if I am shorthanded.

I like that I am able to link all of my locations within one application. I can easily schedule someone for multiple sites and assign specific duties, send messages, approve or decline time-off, etc.

I do not like that I can't edit someone's information when they take ownership of their account. I have some that forget passwords and not update their personal information like phone numbers and email addresses.

RUN Powered by ADP

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Homebase

We had already been using Homebase and it was cheaper.
Claire

Helpful and Easy Communication

Bewertet am 10.8.2020

We switched from Slack because homebase puts scheduling/time-off requests/shift trades all in one place and allows employees to do some of that work on their own. Hooray!

I love the ease of communication Homebase allows with employees. No need to exchange personal numbers and all of the communication is one place. Also allows employees to clock in and out from their devices which is awesome when your the point of sale is also the clock and out spot. This way, we don't have to interupt the workflow to clock in and out. Also really like how Homebase shows your earnings per shift. No guess work at what your hourly paycheck will be!

My biggest complaint is just that there seems be a lag between the time you check a notification and the time it takes to refresh. So the app will show that I have a new notification when it's actually something I have already checked on. Not a huge deal, but makes me feel like I'm missing something when I'm really not. I could also live without a notification asking if I have clocked out of my shift any time I work past by specified hours. For Example, shift ends at 11:30 but I don't clock out until 11:45 - I get at least one if not 2 text asking if I forgot to clock out.

Scott

We LOVE Homebase!

Bewertet am 17.7.2020

Homebase is the best scheduling platform I’ve used since I’ve been in the business nearly 20 years.

Homebase has all of the features that our small business needs from scheduling, to forecasting, employee messaging, business development tools, and it is all incredibly intuitive and easy to use! I’ve used several scheduling platforms over the years and we’ll stick with Homebase from here on out!

There’s nothing to not like about this product. The customer service is top notch so if you ever have an issue, it will be resolved to your satisfaction and they’re always inquiring about potential features we may be interested in.

Danielle
  • Branche: E-Learning

We Love Homebase

Bewertet am 25.11.2020

Overall. we love Homebase. It has made so many of our processes easier and streamlined. With a few tweaks, it could be even more amazing. The great thing is the company is open to feedback and often test and release new product features.

My team was using spreadsheets to schedule and to complete payroll before Homebase. What a manual nightmare. There were always so many mistakes and issues. Once we moved to Homebase, it instantly made things better.

My contractors were able to see their schedules instantly and at any time they needed it. The reminders an hour before their schedule help them to be on time for their shift. So we have fewer tardies. They can also check their payroll amount at any time during the month instead of having to wait until the end of the month when I am able to calculate it. They have also made schedule swaps easy.

It has helped my person who does the scheduling tremendously. It has helped her to be able to get our schedule done in a much faster and efficient way.

It has helped me complete payroll in a fast, easy effective way.

There are sometimes glitches, especially with the app. They are overall minor but can be a pain. For example, sometimes when there is a swap made on the app, it will show a notification, but when you go into the app it doesn't show the swap. Good thing we keep up with them in a chat or we would have no idea who was trying to swap.

Also, it is mostly geared towards companies with employees, this could be great if there could be modifications for people who have contractors and do not have to abide by the same restrictions, such as 8-hour shifts, working days consecutively, etc.

David
  • Branche: Konsumgüter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Homebase should be a part of every business that has employees.

Bewertet am 10.11.2021

Overall, Homebase is a great tool that any business can use and benefit from.

It's VERY user friendly, makes scheduling extremely easy. Also makes tracking hours and Labor$ easy as well. I also like the option of group messaging which enable s managers to communicate and issues or changes efficiently.

When an employee fills in their "availability" on Homebase, I personally would do away with the option that says "preferred' and replace it with the word "available" The reason:
whenever I copy a schedule to the following week, I can easily accidently schedule employees on days the did not, or weren't able to work, because the system would allow me to schedule them outside their preference. The way I solved this issue was by telling my employees to put in the availability as "unavailable" that way, whenever I would schedule them on days, or hours, they weren't available to work, the system would only then alert me that they can't work those hours!!
With that being said, I don't understand why the "preferred" option is even there! :) I don't care what they prefer, I want to know when they can't work so I know what NOT to schedule them.
you're welcome :)
I have called in the past, twice, and explained my suggestion, but no one seemed to get what I'm talking about, maybe because they're software engineers and not business managers.

Wayne
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A comprehensive, user friendly application that offers must-have features

Bewertet am 3.8.2016

This application was offered as part of our new Clover POS system. I began to use it to set up the employee schedules for a small (seven employee plus owners) business. The more I used it, the more impressed I was with it.

It provides every function that a small business like ours needed, taking a very tedious and error prone process and making it easy and transparent to handle. Being able to delegate certain tasks to key employees, auto notices sent for upcoming shifts, notification if someone hasn't clocked in within a set period for their shift, labor rate vs revenue analysis, end of year tax information gathering...and this was all in the free version that came with Clover!

All in all, I am both impressed and pleased with this package. It looks to me like the right team wrote the right code for the right objectives at the right price. How often does that happen in the software world?

Ease of use, nailed key functions needed, intelligent navigation, visually uncluttered despite having a lot of functionality.

It is not a shortcoming of the software but of non-technical users. The biggest problem I have had is bringing along the technophobes who are used to working with...wait for it...paper calendars and personal journals to keep up with. They yearn to be able to use something so powerful but blanch when they open the home screen and see what is available. It is about as user friendly as can be imagined but some still are so intimidated that it is hard to get them to dig in. When they do, they begin to appreciate the value that is provided.

The key is bringing the shy types along S L O W L Y. This software will sell itself once it is given a fair opportunity to shine. Just grit your teeth and work with them. It's more than worth the effort.

Michael

The Eatery & More

Bewertet am 24.11.2020

Before, our business was using paper schedules and there would always be problems when it needed to be changed for whatever reason. Homebase has helped us better communicated with one another. People can see their schedule where ever they are and can talk to team-members whenever needed. It has been a great asset to our business.

I like that my team all have access to the schedule as soon as it comes out. The ability for them to request days off on the app is amazing because I do not have to remember all the days, it comes up while I'm making the schedule. The ability for my team to clock in and out on their phones makes it easy and efficient and the ability to track where they did so is very reassuring. Everyone on the team is also able to message on it which means everyone can be in contact even without everyone sharing their phone numbers. The ability for the team to see who they are working with and in what positions is a great bonus too.

I would love to be able to put on the schedule that we are closed on certain days (for holidays or other reasons) just as a reminder for the team. I would also like an option to remove employees without having to terminate them. In cases with students going back to college but working on breaks or families taking maternity leave, they don't need to notifications from Homebase, but they are still planning on continuing to work later on.

Paden
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe

Love the APP! Wish you had cheaper monthly subscription options

Bewertet am 10.3.2021

Great! Just wish I could afford pro.

We love the software. It allows us to schedule, save info, talk to employees, and hire! I would love to have the pro feature but we simply cannot afford over $300 a month just to schedule and speak to employees. I’m a VERY small business and that takes about all the left over money I have at the end of the month.

The price, it also has been glitching ALOT. Most days I can’t see the schedule I created. The app will appear blank as if nothing has been created. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and still experience issues.
The fact you can’t have multiple managers to adjust the schedule SUCKS. I am always signed in under my husbands profile to adjust the schedule. Please fix this. So many company’s would love this new permission set.

Paycom, Square Virtual Terminal und Toast POS

You were free.
Joyce
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Spectacular service

Bewertet am 12.9.2020

Overall my experience is wonderful everyone has been so kind and helpful if you have any questions and they are really concerned about your business and making sure that you have what you need to be better.

I was looking for something that was easy and convenient to use and most of our employees are contractors and we do not need to track their hours and we do have one employee that we have to pay hourly and this just seemed like the best way to go. It was free to use for what we needed. What could be better than that. Homebase is wonderful and is just what we were looking for. We are a small business and when we grow we of course will use the service more. But it saves me time doing payroll and it is ADP friendly which is another plus .

It was a little confusing at first but after using the features and playing with it a bit I found it to be quite logical so I was able to figure things out with just a little playing around. As i played I thought it to be a wonderful program and I could see what a time saver it could be especially if you have more employees than we do.

Daniel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Multitool for time and attendance

Bewertet am 29.7.2020

I am an early adopter and have watched the software development from version 1. It has grown quite a bit and I have referred 15-20 other businesses. Though they never mention me for a referral bonus.

I love the scheduling and time and attendance features. I like the flexibility and the abilities of my team to control their own schedule and time off.

I dislike that the only feature I require from the next tier (+$20 per month) is different job codes so I just don't use it. I renegotiate payrate and time to achieve payrate differential for alternate job descriptions. It it was a weekly issue, I would switch products... that's how serious of a flaw it it.

Also, Shift Ratings are a good idea but the functionality to retrieve their comments is clunky and I only remember to search it out once a month. It just makes it a throw away feature.

Bob
  • Branche: Automotive
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

So close to perfect, but still missing some features that are very important to us.

Bewertet am 22.7.2020

Very good. I

Very easy to set up. Very easy to use. I just had to add on another location we just opened and it was so straight forward. I had it set up in minutes.

I've brought this same concern up for over two years when I talk to support specialist.
When I do my annual reviews, I want to quickly be able to get to the data that shows how many times an employee was late, left his shift early or called out sick. I need that for a 365 day period.
Also, we have 7 locations and approximately 130 employees. About 10-20% of those employees move from store to store on a regular basis. We internally call them "floaters". I'd like to be able to just pick a
floater and see what his overall track record is. Printed on one page with the stores he worked at listed.
Also, because we have multiple locations and we have floaters, it would a nice feature if we could work on 2 locations at once on the same screen. Jumping back in and out of locations takes a little extra time.