126 Softwareoptionen

Ian G.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Perfect Platform for Small Batch Mailing

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

This is a core part of my communication toolkit. While I still use other mailing list platforms for specific purposes, this solves very specific bulk mailing needs.

I use this program for lists which have small and specifically targeted audiences. This mainly includes press lists for producing events, and for teaching large classes or workshops. It allows me to create simple mailings where I do not want a lot of noise or fuss, more like direct mail as opposed to broadcasting a message. It's the perfect scale and I love the ease of understanding the reporting, which becomes of direct benefit for following up and moving between lists. It functions for me like the perfect basic database for supporting the ways I need to communicate.

At this point I don't have a lot of complaints, as I've been using it for probably a decade. The cloud synchronization has been greatly improved more recently. I often send things which are just this side of plain text for ease of reading and sharing the content with the audiences I send to, and I do find that it's best to bring in any text unformatted and do the formatting within Direct Mail as the styles can get funky when one copies and pastes.

Eric A.
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great mail program with extensive features

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

I was looking for a low-cost mail program that was very easy to learn and get up and running. The major issue was getting a zap to work, but once that was working, I was very happy with the result. Likewise, zaps for onsite forms. But the learning curve for actually USING it, and sending emails. Cost per email is very very low - I buy 10K at a time for $99 so one cent each. Pretty good pricing! Delivery is almost instantaneous, and it is fun to watch the responses roll in.

Low cost per email, campaign reports, mailing lists easy to build and maintain, easy to use block editor. I use this via zaps with Shopify, as well as forms on my WP site. Much smaller learning curve compared to mail chimp.

Not as common support - required a zap to connect to Shopify, rather than directly connect, as will bigger company products. I appears to not detect duplicates in lists. I would like a more powerful editor, more like Divi for constructing emails. However, the basic block editor works pretty well.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

It does the basic job of mailing out form letters. Very easy to use and learn. Inexpensive. Fast. The learning curve on other alternatives was daunting, with all of their marketing crapola. Probably very powerful, but not what I wanted at this point.
David J.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

The Perfect Email Marketing Tool...

Bewertet am 16.11.2021

Direct Mail allows me to send emails out about my calendars for sale, photographic workshops I am running and snooker events I am hosting. I love the way DM manages my email database and reports back on the number of recipients who have opened and clicked on the links.

I love the ability to easily create stylish emails without having to know any HTML and the analysis of sent messages is brilliant.

A dedicated YouTube channel with video tutorials explained in person (see [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at Weaver's Space for the perfect exponent of this) as this would be invaluable in demonstrating how easy and effective the software is. Also the ability to switch to a Light theme independently of the MacOS theme setting would be appreciated.

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde

Direct Mail is easier to use and provided better features whilst being more cost effective as well.

Mail Designer 365

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

Felt more comfortable using an app on my Mac rather than online.
Pascal G.
  • Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Sending mails from an external database was easier before

Bewertet am 13.7.2018

Time

It is doing what I want. Connect to an external database, send mail via an externa provider. But things are not working so well. The thing is that data in database are evolving and, in the new version, I have to re-right the request to the database each time in different adress group coming from different database. Spam test is not working. Preferences ares sometime not kept, situation on the screen for exemple.

Again it does exactly what i want but less easier than previous version . Main point is database connection.

Antwort von e3 Software Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for your review, Pascal. If you are having any trouble with importing, spam tests, or preferences, please contact our support team and they'll be happy to get things straightened out. Thanks!

Matthew S.
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Direct Mail to the Rescue

Bewertet am 9.8.2021

When we moved from sendblaster on the PC to Direct Mail - well, actually we had used Direct Mail for years, then sendblaster and when we moved back to the M1 Macs, it was such a relief to pick up with such a well-designed product. In the intervening years there had been some changes, but our older archives of templates just worked.

I am at the point where I would recommend a church to purchase an inexpensive Mac Mini JUST for email usage and in particular Direct Mail.

I appreciate the longevity of the product and look forward to what lies ahead. Great work team!

Direct Mail makes email management for notification to members as well as mailing lists a breeze. In religious organizations, being able to quickly send one-offs as well as weekly updates is essential.

I think the templates are dated. I also think folder management is a must.

Joe M.
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Direct Mail - The Best App For Writing Weekly Newsletters!

Bewertet am 9.8.2021

My overall experience in using Direct Mail has been very pleasant. It's efficient, easy to use, and makes writing a weekly newsletter fun.

There is much to love about Direct Mail. I love the mail-merge features. A personalized newsletter is much more powerful and attention getting. I enjoy the ease of use and the powerful preview features. I truly appreciate how easy it is to layout the newsletter and fine tune the design. The user interface is very intuitive.

I would be nice to have a word-art type of feature.

Doug G.
  • Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt

Highly Recommend

Excellent

You can compose and edit emails as well as your database offline and without an internet connection. You never have to worry about losing work if your connection goes down. Great reporting as well and the chat support is helpful and fast!

I would love the ability to analyze various list performances.

Ben S.
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

I'd be lost without it

Bewertet am 12.8.2021

I've created and maintained a list of people who want to hear about my books. Without Direct Mail for the Mac, I'd be stuck with Numbers/Excel spreadsheets.

Direct Mail for the Mac makes it easy to track and target my followers with news about my books.

Templates are great but I'd like more, if possible.

SurveyMonkey

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

First, it's designed for the Mac -- I'm a 40+ year Mac user. Second, it's easy. Third, it works.
Brett N.
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

If Apple made a direct mail app, it would look & feel like this!

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

It's a perfectly simply solution to creating customer engagement. It's actually a pleasure to use since it looks and feels great.

it's really easy to set up and execute and it integrates with my CRM of choice (Daylite) really well

I don't have any deal-breakers, but would always love more templates

Todd M.
  • Branche: Personalwesen
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Amazing and solved our bulk email issues.

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

Our team loves how easy this is to manage, set up and keep on top of key clients. Bravo!

We LOVE IT and have zero changes. Thanks so much.

Jens K.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Great Newsletter Software

Bewertet am 17.7.2021

Love it! I have used Direct Mail for many years, brought it with me into different companies and into different projects and it always does the job.
Despite the pleasantly simple and light user interface, Direct Mail has really advanced and professional features that cover everything I need, from tracking to unsubscribing. Even though I'm not a marketing professional, I was able to run several well received newsletters and very successfull campaigns with it.
I don't use Direct Mail very often (just running the odd newsletter or campaign), but I have used it for EVERY mass email I have sent since appx. 2014 and cannot think of any other software that does what I need it to do as well as this.

I really like the ease of use, the WYSIWIG editor and the long list of imported address formats. Direct Mail ist fun to use and easy, while still having all features needed for a professional campaign (it even connects to Google Analytics which will make the marketing guy helping on my next campaign very happy).

In some areas the content block management feels slightly clunky and needs one or two more clicks than necessary.

Ilan M.
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

I've never looked back!

Bewertet am 6.7.2021

Without a doubt the best system I've used and I love that it's simple and smart at the same time.
It's easy to use and I never feel overwhelmed. Other systems go too far and make the experience feel like you need to be an expert (even though they say it's "easy").

We currently have the smaller of the packages but look forward to expanding to the next level soon - thanks to Direct Mail.

Where to begin?
• import from Google Sheets (because we use Google forms to add to our database)
• personalised emails with reference to specific fields (with a fallback)
• the reporting (especially the bounce report)
• smart groups
• templates

Four features I would love to see developed:
1) The ability to include a table with rows and columns
2) The ability to embed HTML/iframe
3) Some widgets like a countdown timer.
4) I would like to feature all our previous newsletters on our website and short of creating a button to each web version, I would love to see an archive site that we could use.

Mailchimp und MoonMail

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde

Direct Mail makes developing communications to clients easy and very good looking - not the case with competitors.

Mailchimp und MoonMail

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

SEE "Why did you make the switch?"
Simon T.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Direct Mail always hits the spot

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

One of my oldest clients is a company that offers PR monitoring software and for the last five years we have been sending out email campaigns every week (Tuesdays through Thursdays) and I know that they are getting customers signing up to their services as a result. We update their campaigns on a regular basis and with Direct Mail's excellent interface I can adapt and amend things very quickly.

For all our email marketing clients Direct Mail allows me to schedule highly personalised campaigns for weeks ahead – a feature that is especially invaluable when we go away, ensuring that our clients' campaigns never miss a beat even when we're on the beach.

Getting notifications on my iPhone, via their Stamps app, means that whenever I am out of the office I am always aware how our campaigns are performing and can provide instant updates if clients need information even when I am away from my Mac.

Direct Mail is a real gem; the pricing policy is very fair and you can easilty up and downgrade your plans as needed. Their support is excellent, and I must shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]; even though we're on different continents we're on the same page and I appreciate being able to have direct contact with support and not having to go raise support tickets.

I very much look forward to continuing to send out compelling campaigns via Direct Mail in the months and years ahead.

Direct Mail is a powerful and comprehensive, but easy-to-use, email delivery platform that makes every email campaign a joy to design, develop and implement.

It's intuitive interface allows you to design a campaign, create a distribution list and then monitor the results in realtime. The templates that are provided by Direct Mail are almost infinitely adaptable, but you can create your own formats or import templates. Either way, you have at your fingers tips a professional system that I would now not want to be without.

There is very little, if anything, to dislike, but if there is one improvement they could make it would be to have the option to use the email sign-up forms as a contact form.

At the moment, when creating automated sign-up forms, the only option is for users to 'subscribe', but if Direct Mail could incorporate the option to choose 'submit' and not 'subscribe' that instantly turn it into a powerful and highly editable contact form, which you can incorporate into any website.

Constant Contact

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde

Easy answer: Direct Mail knocks MailChimp out of the water every time. MC is web-based and requires you to log in to find your campaigns; then, you are faced with an overly-complex interface that is nowhere near as intuitive as Direct Mail. When I trialled Direct Mail I immediately closed my MC account. Since then, I have only used MC if clients are using it, but every time I push the merits of Direct Mail.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

Constant Contact (CC) offers a suite of solutions, from email marketing to e-commerce, which was potentially of interest, but I found their email marketing system a constant irritation. Again, it's web-based (or was when I trialled it) and found the method of building campaigns a real pain; the lack of customisability was nowhere near as good as Direct Mail.
Arne sigurd R.
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Direct Mail because it's easy to use

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

I use Direct Mail heavily with DM campaigns for services and products, weekly and monthly newsletters both for my business, my local Rotary Club, and for my Rotary District.

What I like most with Direct Mail is how easy it is to use - especially for newsletters. Easy to design own templates and administer the address databases and opt-in functionality. It is also a good thing that you only pay for what you use by "digital stamps".

I would probably want a more visual way to make "workflows" and the possibility to make more tailor-made opt-in and landing pages for campaigns.

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde

Direct Mail is easier to use and costs less. Saving me both time and money.

Carrie H.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Direct Mail made me happier and swear less (and saved me money)

Bewertet am 20.4.2020

Direct Mail has meant it takes me about one fifth of the time to compose and send an email campaign (compared to MailChimp). The user interface means I'm more confident about writing emails because I don't end up fixated on all the fidgety formatting and targeting issues I had on MailChimp. I've probably increased the number of EDMs I've sent out by about 80% because of how easy it is to use Direct Mail. I've had a much better engagement rate from my lists, and I swear at the computer a whole lot less.

I switch to Direct Mail from MailChimp and have no regrets. I basically love everything and can't choose one.

I love the fact I can work on campaigns locally on my computer without being online and not in a browser. The lists and address management is simple yet agile. I've been able to integrate the sign up form on to my website very simply without needing a third party plugin.

The emails I send are irregular, - some months I might send thousands, and others none at all - so the pricing structure is ideal for my business model. I'd never be able to sign up to a program that was charging a monthly subscription fee.

It was a bit difficult to get in touch with customer support while I was figuring out the software, and it would be good if there was a community forum for users to exchange knowledge and tips. I ended up abandoning my original idea and using a workaround because it took too long to be able to contact customer support (I'm based in Melbourne, Australia, so the time zones don't easily match up).

David S.
  • Branche: Sportartikel
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Long time user and very happy

Bewertet am 13.6.2021

Excellent product and my experience has been a positive one. The support team is fairly responsive.

I have been using Direct Mail for 7+ years and it is a great product. Like all products, as a daily user, there are a few things I would like to see added, but all in all a great product and much easier to use than things like CC or Mailchimp etc..

Customizable templates can be a little tricky and they no longer have full text wrapped images

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde

Wanted a mac specific app. Would love this on the Ipad..

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

Mac native app. Easy to use.
Sayre A.
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

The MUST HAVE email marketing tool for Apple users!

Bewertet am 30.5.2021

Overall the experience I've had has been wonderful. I also use Daylite in my business and Direct Mail integrates with this program which is such a time saver. That's just one of the integrations and there are a massive amount that make the software super flexible for any use case.

Direct Mail is a product native to Apple products which is amazing. Because of this, it's easy to use. If you can draft an email in the stock Mail app, you can use Direct Mail. The sign-up forms are easy to create and can be integrated into Facebook pages and websites with an easy cut and paste of the embed code. The partner app Stamps for iOS allows you to check your campaigns on the go and is just as easy to use.

The pricing is amazing compared to competitors. Instead of charging for both the numbers of subscribers and the amount of emails sent, Direct Mail pricing is based off of subscriber count only (the monthly plan) and includes unlimited email sends.

There aren't many cons to this software, but one that does stand out for my use is that the open rate percentage and click rate percentage for all campaigns sent is kind of elusive. This isn't something that would deter me from recommending or using the product though as it can be calculated quickly if needed.

The other thing I wish that it had was the ability to draft and build out campaigns from within the mobile app, though I wouldn't consider this a con. I'm finding the more that I use it, the more I'm okay with having to do the campaign building from my laptop. It keeps me from obsessing over things which can sometimes cause me to nit pick something that doesn't need to be picked at.

Vicki A.
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Great Option for Small Business/Enterprise

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

The customer service was very fast when I couldn't remember how to switch back to my own account from the community account. It was great that I could figure into the cost the exact amount I would need for that project's budget. You are in control.

I have used Direct Mail for several years, for my own small business and also for a community outreach project. It was wonderful to find an option that allowed me to pay for the amount of emails I would need instead of a monthly fee. The set up was easy, and the "sign up for newsletter" option is excellent, allowing you to brand it with your own logo. Once a person signs up you are notified. I was able to build a sizable email list.

The emails are very easy to configure and again you can use your own graphics. You can reuse and build upon a previous email. It also has a test feature to help you avoid being considered spam.

I am very happy with Direct Mail.

Nothing really, it fit my needs and works perfectly.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

No monthly fee, you have your emails available when you want to use them. Perfect for a small business. I researched several options before deciding on Direct Mail.
Tim H.
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien

Excellent Email Program for Small Business Owners

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

I'm using Direct Mail to auto-respond to new subscribers. I also use it to send seasonal newsletters.

Direct Mail for Mac is an excellent email system for small business owners who do everything themselves. The software is easy to set up, easy to use, easy to maintain, and it's reliable. I really appreciate that you do NOT have to purchase a monthly subscription. You can, but you don't have to. I have a small mailing list so the Pay Per Email Plan works best for me. The software also integrates with Zapier allowing new subscribers to be added automatically when they register on my website. My CRM has a newsletter option, but the set up is much more complicated. Direct Mail for Mac makes it easy.

I wish there were more message templates and layout options.

Agile CRM und HubSpot CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

The newsletter layout program was extremely complicated and/or limited. Also, the spreadsheet-style address list in Direct Mail Mac makes it very easy to sort subscribers into groups and update individual information.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Great Value, Top-Notch Customer Service

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

It allowed me to provide a high level of service to my clients at a very reasonable price.

Cost drew me to Direct Mail for Mac; I was sending out up to 50,000 weekly e-mails for a client at one point. It was by far the lowest-cost option for bulk e-mailing on that scale.

But there were other things that made the experience so great. On the few times I had deliverability issues, I got one-on-one attention from the developers who talked me through the adjustments I needed to make on my DNS settings. They are very protective of their sender reputation, which increased my deliverability rates vs. other vendors without dedicated IPs.

I'm using it a lot less these days because my workflow has changed and it isn't a good fit for what I am trying to accomplish at the moment. But if I were to return to mass sechduled e-mails, Direct Mail for Mac would still be my first choice.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

Cost, but stayed with it because of the customer service and excellent product.
Rajesh J.
  • Branche: Baumaterial
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Excellent Email Marketing Tool

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

I am able to send campaigns to different groups which I have made based on their buying interests and it helps me sell more even during this pandemic as my campaigns are specific to groups. My revenues have increased each year.

I like the summary of campaign reports, particularly the number of times a particular client reads it and his location while reading the campaign. All my customers are known to me and when they read it away from their country then I know they are on holidays and I do not disturb them by calling. The templates of direct mail help me make appealing campaigns to my audiences.

Currently we are not able to have put the excel format inside the body of the campaign.

Yon H.
  • Branche: Computerspiele

Longtime Love Interest

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

My overall experience has been wonderful. This is a pro-level tool that every small, indie, business should make great use of. It is light on the wallet and there every time you need it.

What I like most about this software is that it is there just when I want it. There is no needling "missing you" emails, no fees for when I have a busy time and just can't get to it and no fuss on telling me how to make my emails better. It is an all around pleasure.

What I like least about this software is that it has such a tight complaint algorithm. I, totally, understand why and the reasoning for this. I am aware the industry is traditionally squirley about spam reporting. Not saying any company has handled it better than this software. However, as a business who tries hard to deliver information with lots of paths for people to opt-out, it always amazes me when people simply forget they opted-in ;)

Virginia B.
  • Branche: Zeitung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

If you're on a Mac, Direct Mail is your best choice for email management!

Bewertet am 14.6.2021

Very responsive customer service! They understand how critical it is to my business and go the extra mile to make sure everything works. The techs are US-based and I don't have to deal with heavy accents (I'm deaf and that is a big problem for me!)

I initially chose it because I could easily switch from desktop email on my Mac to their service. With DirectMail I could flow my existing addresses straight into the service. The other mail services required converting my records to a database. They all seem to cater to PC people and I was worried about customer service.

It was somewhat difficult to adjust the template to my needs, until I figured out the system.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

as above, easy to move my existing addresses
Jayesh G.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Direct mail Direct Profit

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

Its based on three factors.

One) Being a designer gives me freedom to design as I like. It looks pro yet very user friendly. I never feel any inconvenience from day one I am using this app. Smooth file integration gives me ease of operation.

Two) The most useful and very important thing is the report. I can give the summery of my campaign in respectable manner.

Three) Price of mailer is affordable. Very economical, customers always happy with the budget.

Freedom of design. Smooth file integration. Campaign Summery. Affordable price.

Nothing compared to other applications from any point.

All-round excellence.

Adestra und Mailchimp

Professional yet Economical
Marty M.
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

If you knoow what you're doing - DirectMail is the best

Bewertet am 26.6.2019

Having used a range of programs - DirectMail certainly gives you the most hands on experience. The biggest draw back is being app-based; while most competitors are all online - but this is what also provides the biggest advantage in terms of tools and functionality.

Control of the whole process - from HTML editing to subscriber management to design and spam testing - it's fun to work with.

No online tool. Reporting is limited, there aren't enough ways to compare and contrast. Very hard to export reports and data in bulk. Hard to get examples out as PDF / Image filles.

Antwort von e3 Software Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks a ton for your review, Marty! Much appreciated!

I wanted to mention that the latest version of Direct Mail includes expanded options for exporting report data and for exporting your messages as PDF files. You may want to update and take a look. Please reach out to us with any questions or feedback. Thanks!