Direct Mail

Stephen
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Nearly Perfect

Bewertet am 3.8.2019

I have maintained various mailing lists and mailings over the years and DirectMail has always been the perfect tool for me. Now that I am retired and I only use the app to organize my monthly dinner parties, it has scaled down nicely and is still the perfect tool.

Easy organization makes easy to maintain compliance with all laws and common decency.

It doesn't bend to my personal case use, but I could hardly expect it to.

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde

Needed a single solution for multiple lists and html formatted mailings that could be administrated easily from a single source.

More Mac friendly.
Arne Sigurd
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Direct Mail because it's easy to use

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

I use Direct Mail heavily with DM campaigns for services and products, weekly and monthly newsletters both for my business, my local Rotary Club, and for my Rotary District.

What I like most with Direct Mail is how easy it is to use - especially for newsletters. Easy to design own templates and administer the address databases and opt-in functionality. It is also a good thing that you only pay for what you use by "digital stamps".

I would probably want a more visual way to make "workflows" and the possibility to make more tailor-made opt-in and landing pages for campaigns.

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde

Direct Mail is easier to use and costs less. Saving me both time and money.

Ashley

Easy to use for first time users

Bewertet am 15.11.2016

I send out newsletters and have a Mac. This has been a really good system for a first time user. It is also cost effective since goes by how many people are subscribers.

Not that many creative options

Antwort von e3 Software

Thanks for the review, Ashley! We hope you get a chance to check out our latest update, Direct Mail 5.0. It packs a ton of new creative options and an expanded gallery of templates.

Carrie
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Direct Mail made me happier and swear less (and saved me money)

Bewertet am 20.4.2020

Direct Mail has meant it takes me about one fifth of the time to compose and send an email campaign (compared to MailChimp). The user interface means I'm more confident about writing emails because I don't end up fixated on all the fidgety formatting and targeting issues I had on MailChimp. I've probably increased the number of EDMs I've sent out by about 80% because of how easy it is to use Direct Mail. I've had a much better engagement rate from my lists, and I swear at the computer a whole lot less.

I switch to Direct Mail from MailChimp and have no regrets. I basically love everything and can't choose one.

I love the fact I can work on campaigns locally on my computer without being online and not in a browser. The lists and address management is simple yet agile. I've been able to integrate the sign up form on to my website very simply without needing a third party plugin.

The emails I send are irregular, - some months I might send thousands, and others none at all - so the pricing structure is ideal for my business model. I'd never be able to sign up to a program that was charging a monthly subscription fee.

It was a bit difficult to get in touch with customer support while I was figuring out the software, and it would be good if there was a community forum for users to exchange knowledge and tips. I ended up abandoning my original idea and using a workaround because it took too long to be able to contact customer support (I'm based in Melbourne, Australia, so the time zones don't easily match up).

David
  • Branche: Sportartikel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Long time user and very happy

Bewertet am 13.6.2021

Excellent product and my experience has been a positive one. The support team is fairly responsive.

I have been using Direct Mail for 7+ years and it is a great product. Like all products, as a daily user, there are a few things I would like to see added, but all in all a great product and much easier to use than things like CC or Mailchimp etc..

Customizable templates can be a little tricky and they no longer have full text wrapped images

Constant Contact und Mailchimp

Warum Direct Mail gewählt wurde

Wanted a mac specific app. Would love this on the Ipad..

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

Mac native app. Easy to use.
Sayre
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

The MUST HAVE email marketing tool for Apple users!

Bewertet am 30.5.2021

Overall the experience I've had has been wonderful. I also use Daylite in my business and Direct Mail integrates with this program which is such a time saver. That's just one of the integrations and there are a massive amount that make the software super flexible for any use case.

Direct Mail is a product native to Apple products which is amazing. Because of this, it's easy to use. If you can draft an email in the stock Mail app, you can use Direct Mail. The sign-up forms are easy to create and can be integrated into Facebook pages and websites with an easy cut and paste of the embed code. The partner app Stamps for iOS allows you to check your campaigns on the go and is just as easy to use.

The pricing is amazing compared to competitors. Instead of charging for both the numbers of subscribers and the amount of emails sent, Direct Mail pricing is based off of subscriber count only (the monthly plan) and includes unlimited email sends.

There aren't many cons to this software, but one that does stand out for my use is that the open rate percentage and click rate percentage for all campaigns sent is kind of elusive. This isn't something that would deter me from recommending or using the product though as it can be calculated quickly if needed.

The other thing I wish that it had was the ability to draft and build out campaigns from within the mobile app, though I wouldn't consider this a con. I'm finding the more that I use it, the more I'm okay with having to do the campaign building from my laptop. It keeps me from obsessing over things which can sometimes cause me to nit pick something that doesn't need to be picked at.

Matthew
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Direct Mail to the Rescue

Bewertet am 9.8.2021

When we moved from sendblaster on the PC to Direct Mail - well, actually we had used Direct Mail for years, then sendblaster and when we moved back to the M1 Macs, it was such a relief to pick up with such a well-designed product. In the intervening years there had been some changes, but our older archives of templates just worked.

I am at the point where I would recommend a church to purchase an inexpensive Mac Mini JUST for email usage and in particular Direct Mail.

I appreciate the longevity of the product and look forward to what lies ahead. Great work team!

Direct Mail makes email management for notification to members as well as mailing lists a breeze. In religious organizations, being able to quickly send one-offs as well as weekly updates is essential.

I think the templates are dated. I also think folder management is a must.

Vicki
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk

Great Option for Small Business/Enterprise

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

The customer service was very fast when I couldn't remember how to switch back to my own account from the community account. It was great that I could figure into the cost the exact amount I would need for that project's budget. You are in control.

I have used Direct Mail for several years, for my own small business and also for a community outreach project. It was wonderful to find an option that allowed me to pay for the amount of emails I would need instead of a monthly fee. The set up was easy, and the "sign up for newsletter" option is excellent, allowing you to brand it with your own logo. Once a person signs up you are notified. I was able to build a sizable email list.

The emails are very easy to configure and again you can use your own graphics. You can reuse and build upon a previous email. It also has a test feature to help you avoid being considered spam.

I am very happy with Direct Mail.

Nothing really, it fit my needs and works perfectly.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

No monthly fee, you have your emails available when you want to use them. Perfect for a small business. I researched several options before deciding on Direct Mail.
Tim
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien

Excellent Email Program for Small Business Owners

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

I'm using Direct Mail to auto-respond to new subscribers. I also use it to send seasonal newsletters...

Direct Mail for Mac is an excellent email system for small business owners who do everything themselves. The software is easy to set up, easy to use, easy to maintain, and it's reliable. I really appreciate that you do NOT have to purchase a monthly subscription. You can, but you don't have to. I have a small mailing list so the Pay Per Email Plan works best for me. The software also integrates with Zapier allowing new subscribers to be added automatically when they register on my website. My CRM has a newsletter option, but the set up is much more complicated. Direct Mail for Mac makes it easy.

I wish there were more message templates and layout options.

Agile CRM und HubSpot CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

The newsletter layout program was extremely complicated and/or limited. Also, the spreadsheet-style address list in Direct Mail Mac makes it very easy to sort subscribers into groups and update individual information.
Yon
  • Branche: Computerspiele

Longtime Love Interest

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

My overall experience has been wonderful. This is a pro-level tool that every small, indie, business should make great use of. It is light on the wallet and there every time you need it.

What I like most about this software is that it is there just when I want it. There is no needling "missing you" emails, no fees for when I have a busy time and just can't get to it and no fuss on telling me how to make my emails better. It is an all around pleasure.

What I like least about this software is that it has such a tight complaint algorithm. I, totally, understand why and the reasoning for this. I am aware the industry is traditionally squirley about spam reporting. Not saying any company has handled it better than this software. However, as a business who tries hard to deliver information with lots of paths for people to opt-out, it always amazes me when people simply forget they opted-in ;)

Joseps
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

This makes marketing possible for me.

Bewertet am 24.1.2022

This software is really really great! It helps me manage my e-mail database without any effort on my part. People can subscribe directly and unsubscribe without me having to even get an e-mail. Also the flexibility to pay per e-mail while I build my database up to scale and can send them out with at yearly fee is super helpful. I struggled to get my newsletter off the ground with other software, but with this option I got my newsletter out every month last year. The templates look great and it allows me to create the content without much hassle.

I haven't found anything about this software that I do not like.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

There is a desktop program that allows me to not rely on a cloud based solution. I like being able to export the addresses to other programs while this program manages my subscribes and unsubscribes for me.
Joe
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin

Easy to use Mail software

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

Direct Mail was easy to get to grips with and has enabled me to send attractive and engaging mass mails out to my existing client base, and provides an easy way for me to keep the flow of information about new workshops going between myself and my customers

I like the the ease of use and simple copy and paste features so that I can create an editing style and apply it to different sections in the email

Some of the editing features feel a bit lacking in intelligent features to me, but overall once you becoem familiar with it, it's easy to use.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Direct Mail

Direct Mail seemed more cost effective for me. I only pay for the credits I buy to send mail out
Mark
  • Branche: Computerspiele

Simply the best

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

I use it for everything regarding my newsletters. Managing subscribers, editing emails, evaluate tracking.

Runs as a client on your computer. No need to use a terrible web interface. Works offline. Greatest tracking features I have seen so far. Different useful options in pricing. Intuitive usage. Option to use your own SMTP server.

Should offer usage of European servers and/or a solution to host your own subscriber database.

Claus
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

One word: excellent

Bewertet am 27.3.2022

Very very good. Combination support, documentation and ease of use make it a positive experience

WYSIWYG editor
Tracking opens and being able to generate list of emails 'not opened' on a campaign
Support is excellent

A bit expensive
copy paste from word to editor unexpected results where formatting differs and is difficult and time consuming to change
Inability to 'save-as' a word document. We collaborate and the common platform is word. Currently have to view online, save-as, export into a word document which has lots of formatting issues. A simple 'SAVE-AS' (word / PDF) would be an appreciated feature.

Paul
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

The Goldilocks EMP

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

I recommend DirectMail as an EMP solution to all of my Mac-based clients.

I recommend DirectMail as an EMP solution to all of my Mac-based clients.

DirectMail speeds workflow with a dead simple drag-and-drop interface and heaps of other time-saving features not found in online EMPs.

If I had to pick a least favorite aspect of DirectMail then it would be the sync time with the cloud.

Mattheus
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use, but above all; great results!

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

My overall experience with Direct Mail is great. I have used a few others in the past, but Direct Mail beats them all. A very user friendly UI....

What an easy to use piece of software. Within no-time you built fantastic newsletters and mailings. They look great and give fantastic response. I know with every mailing I send out, I will score multiple leads...

To be honest; the software works flawless... the only con I can think of is the pricing. Yes, I know, I am a cheap dutchman.... but I prefer a one time fee...

Jayesh
  • Branche: Grafikdesign
  • Weitere für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Direct mail Direct Profit

Bewertet am 27.5.2021

Its based on three factors.

One) Being a designer gives me freedom to design as I like. It looks...

Its based on three factors.

One) Being a designer gives me freedom to design as I like. It looks pro yet very user friendly. I never feel any inconvenience from day one I am using this app. Smooth file integration gives me ease of operation.

Two) The most useful and very important thing is the report. I can give the summery of my campaign in respectable manner.

Three) Price of mailer is affordable. Very economical, customers always happy with the budget.

Freedom of design. Smooth file integration. Campaign Summery. Affordable price.

Nothing compared to other applications from any point.

All-round excellence.

Adestra und Mailchimp

Professional yet Economical
Doug
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Tracking Readership for a small business

Bewertet am 21.8.2019

As I learn all its features I like it more and more

As I learn all its features I like it more and more

Once I had figured it out, with some help from helpful 'Help' people at Directmail, it has been extremely useful to me in doing was email broadcasts to my client and subscriber base, something I could to do with my usual email software, [Mac]Mail.

Works very well on my Mac.

I sue the subscriber option which allowed me to install the software on my isp's server. cost effective and looks to my readers as coming directly form me.

The reporting could be improved(?) if we could be sure the receiver has actually 'opened' the email, or merely saw the summary on their device, especially the case for people who receive the email on there mobile device.

I haven't figured out how file management works on the system yet.

Sandy
  • Branche: Verlagswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Used this product for several years, and it's well worth the money

Bewertet am 29.5.2021

Direct Mail is very easy to use, and fairly reliable. We send several newsletters a week. Each project has the option to use on the local desktop and/or sync with the cloud. Integrates nicely with most of our business apps. I can't say enough about their Tech Support team--[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular is amazing.

Future scheduling could contain a few more prompts. And any previously-set "future schedule" should be removed from the next blast (for some reason, it retains the last-set "Schedule" setting rather than returning to the default setting of Send Now).

Helen
  • Branche: Musik
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Great deal

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

I am really happy with this software! It is really easy to use - simple and effective!

. It has great possibilities for filtering and you can send via your own server, which is much cheaper than other softwares. Address lists and various combinations are very easy to make.

It opens very slowly. When you resend a newsletter as a normal email it appears very far to the right in the email message.

Terry
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

I like being in control and having all the information locally

Just works

Just works

I like the fact that it was a local program (although you can store your stuff on the cloud) and the ease of use. I've tried the online stuff and it's okay but I needed a bit more.
I also integrate it into my CRM which is a real bonus and having a complete mac production system is fantastic.
Tracking! - It's easy to get addicted to this.

Funkier designs - although I create my own, they are great for inspiration.

Carlos
  • Branche: Industrieautomation
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The actual way of information delivery

Promoting our services, training schedules

Promoting our services, training schedules

Friendly, Manageable, Reliable, Powerful, great option

They improve by the wave, always innovating

Brian
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good product for nonprofit organizations

Bewertet am 26.5.2021

We use it daily and it is a necessity for our marketing outreach to get more customers.

This is an easy-to-use marketing and customer email management tool.

There are some limits to the free version.

Ray
Ray
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing

Bewertet am 20.9.2018

Great product. Great customer service!

Great product. Great customer service!

It does everything I'd ask for in an email blast program -- localized software, easy to import, create groups, build templates, send out mail campaigns, collect online data, link with other software, etc.

The only one thing that I don't like about it is -- if I schedule a number of emails (over the course of the week) and new subscribers come in -- those new subscribers won't get my already-scheduled emails. Because of this, I can't schedule more than 1-2 days of emails.

Paul
  • Branche: Musik

Enthusiasm

Bewertet am 27.4.2020

The reports keep tabs on and flag up bounces and soft bounces - such facilities leave me free to draft the content.

This is mature mac software that grows over time. I have been using it for years and in the work place I have a handful of softwares that are the business. In addition to doing what is asked of it reports are chelated and exported effortlessly. A potentially drudge job becomes a pleasure with this, the right software.

I haven't found anything to complain about yet.