WebTitan

Randy
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

The most fundamental, widely used robust and effective system

Bewertet am 17.1.2019

If I talk about my overall experience, I would say WebTitan is outstanding software that helps me a lot in minimizing viruses.

The thing I like most about WebTitan is that it is extremely easy to use and configure. I like its' clear interface. It let us block malicious content and spam easily. It is no doubt an amazing product helping us a lot in kicking out harmful bad stuff. It is helpful in integrating with other network simply. I love its responsive support. Furthermore, in order to filter websites WebTitan is the best solution.

There is not anything to dislike about WebTitan as it fulfills all the needs of our company. I never face any problem whenever I use this product. It is a flawless app with lots of benefits. It has made my work easier for me.

Cody
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

OpenDNS features without the Cisco pricing

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

I have had nothing but good experiences with WebTitan. This includes support and billing services as well as product functionality.

We replaces an onsite Barracuda webfilter 410 with the WebTitan service and did not miss a beat.

What's not to like. No hardware to maintain, simple setup, more than adequate reporting, similar feature list to competitors.

Very average product. Works fine, but feels very dated in usability and interface

Bewertet am 9.2.2018

Less spam, since O365 spam filtering is woefully inadequate.

Less spam, since O365 spam filtering is woefully inadequate.

It does work fairly well at keeping out spam, and the daily summary emails of what is in the quarantine makes it manageable.

The interface feels horribly dated and has not improved at all since we started using it a couple years ago. It reminds me of early cpanel iterations in terms of UI.

Also, the inability to manage what file extensions are blocked is a let down (be it add more, or let ones through that we need).

Bradley
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Product - Easy to implement!

Bewertet am 8.7.2019

So far, for the price, the software has exceeded our expectations. We have already implemented the remote agents to over 100 machines.

I love the ability to utilize the remote agent to allow computers to stay under our company's web-filter policy while working remotely.

The only thing that we dislike so far is the fact that it can sometimes take hours for the policy changes to take effect.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Not bad

Bewertet am 31.8.2020

Implementation is easy, adding sites to the white/blacklist is simple. Creating policies is overall pretty smooth, have had to contact support a couple of times.

The DNS Proxy is another annoying black box VM to have to "maintain".

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Zscaler

Warum WebTitan gewählt wurde

Sophos Web Gateway went EOL

Gründe für den Wechsel zu WebTitan

Much lower price, a simpler product that did what we wanted.
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter

Lovely web access control tool

Bewertet am 29.1.2019

Webtitan is a truly powerful and feature rich software. Some of its best features include the ease of setting it up, its ability to filter encrypted connections, the ability to filter specific url their fantastic customer support.

There's a lack of flexibility with the reporting.
Spam pass through occasionally.

Joel
Joel

Very easy to use and works better than more expensive products.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

The gui and setup are very easy to use. Network integration was easy and rule setup was very user friendly.

Slower response time for when I need in depth reports on specific users and their internet utilization.

Troy
Troy

Best Bang for your Buck

Bewertet am 7.2.2018

Increased productivity and network security.

Increased productivity and network security.

The interface is as simple as it gets. Everything you need and nothing you don't. Customer service has always been prompt and effective. The support team has always been able to resolve my issues on the first try whether it be on the phone or via email.

There are a couple of features I wish were implemented, but given time I think it will come together.

Saleh
Saleh
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

We were safe from Ransomware worst hits and our email accounts very clean of any illegitimate...

Bewertet am 12.2.2018

Multi layered filtering techniques and automated setup let you start directly with minimal configurations.

Sometimes defining Filter Roles requires some sort of knowledge on information security techniques.

Corey
Corey
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent spam filter

Increased our insight into spam

Increased our insight into spam

Microsofts Spam filtering is garbage, anyone who has used it knows this, Spam Titan leverages a large database of spam to help filter out more of the unwanted garbage. It creates a nice report to email to users on what was blocked and gives them a chance to whitelist it.

Marcel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

SpamTitan is our favorite anti spam solution.

Bewertet am 7.3.2023

We had other solutions in the past, very awkward to deal with, many false positives. With SpamTitan, everything is under control. We had a few spoofing issues and support directed us toward the right settings.

We are using the Cloud version. The console is quite easy to use and there are many options that can be configured to take care of every aspect of email security. Support is fast and always find the solution to isssues we bring up. We cannot live without Anti spam solution nowaday and it is very important that the tool be efficient and easy to use.

No cons to report. The only thing I can think of would be the ability to go back further in time in the quarantine zone. I understand that this means quite a lot of storage, but this is the only thing I can think of.

Brian
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Webtitan Cloud Good For the Cost

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

Inherited product when starting new position, overall happy with the product and cost is on the low side. Features seem to be better in some of the other offerings we are evaluating, Cisco Umbrella as an example.

Cloud based management with proxies onsite. Easy to change rules and allow one time access to blocked sites for approved use. Logging is good.

Remote users, laptops and home users are not protected when off company network. Relying on the proxy servers as dns servers works great when onsite. Has a hard time with Remote Desktop Servers, identifying users... these may be misconfigurations but we have not found an easy way for their WADA to break out RDS users.

Mike
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Webtitan - works well but hard to troubleshoot

Bewertet am 12.11.2020

It seems to work as advertised with very little management of it.

Troubleshooting through history is very limited. Without setting up a syslog server to send logs to, it only has it's history page to look through. Within this page:
- I can only filter by day, but not using a specific time range in that day.
- I cannot search by destination using the FQDN, although it gives the field
- I cannot filter by Effective Policy
- I can filter by user, but due to the setup on the site, much of the user shows up as Anonymous
- There is an export feature, from which I can use Excel to do my searches, but it only exports the records visable on that one page. With the amount of endpoints I'm using, that is only about 6 mins worth of logs.

Monica
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

WebTitan

Bewertet am 17.2.2023

The software is performing the functions we need it to do. However, the user interface is hard to learn and not being able to see the page of a site that has been blocked just because it is an unknown category makes it very hard to decide whether or not to allow it.

It provides CIPA protection to our patrons at a reasonable price.

When we are notified by WebTitan about a website that has been blocked or is questionable, we can't even check it out to see if we should allow it because it is blocked even at the administrative level. It would be nice to at least see a preview of the site so we could make an informed decision. Instead, we have to guess based on the web address and block everything that we aren't totally sure of. It would REALLY be nice to see a preview in the notification e-mail and the option to block or allow it from there.

Lee
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Simple and Easy to Set up DNS and Web Monitoring Solution

Bewertet am 20.10.2021

Overall very satisfied. For the price point, I don't think it can be beat.

Overall very satisfied. For the price point, I don't think it can be beat.

Fairly simple setup, easy to use and maintain, effective, and customer service has always been great.

Sometimes users end up with multiple profiles in WebTitan due to the way roaming laptops work. That's not necessarily WebTitan's fault but it's still annoying.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We have been using WebTitan for 4 years now, it works and the customer support is good

Bewertet am 7.2.2018

The product helped us filter out dangerous websites and keep our workstations virus free.

It's easy to install and configure. Administering it is an easy task, as you can generate reports and make change very fast and easy. The customer support team responds very quickly to your service requests and is quite knowledgeable.

We had a physical problem with our server and we had to reinstall on a new machine. Backups from v4 were not compatible with v5 of the software, so we had to reconfigure the webtitan instace manually from scratch.

David
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Appliance on site, we'll celebrate the 74.000.000 message processed in few days...

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

A clean mailbox each morning, a dailly report with potential false positive, a lot of rules, a lot of settings to avoid spending hours sorting your mail...

- Great GUI,
- a lot of features to earn time and reduce load on mail server,
- Excellent feedback from users,
- tons of spam removed without any action.
- reactive helpdesk
- Remote assistance if required (through tunnel SSH)

No cons about the software,
pricing could seems expensive, it's not if you check the dailly time you do not spend ...

Daniel

Better than I expected.

Bewertet am 12.4.2019

This is a great product and solution 10/10.

This is a great product and solution 10/10.

Very simple setup, migrating clients from the old service was extremely quick and on boarding of new clients is just as quick.
The reporting features are easier to configure and the information is presented in a much better format.
Content filtering includes the ability to block ad domains, granted this doesn't catch every ad site but enough that it makes a difference.
The best part is the free support. Tickets can be opened by a phone call or through a web portal. I've gotten rapid responses and quick resolutions to any request I've made.

I've really been racking my brain on this one and I can't thing of anything I, my company, or my clients dislike about this solution.

• Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Out of the box web filtering solution

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

Good real-time reporting
HR can can be given a role to maintain blacklists/white-lists/individual user permissions
Customization - time of day, categories etc
AD integration - reports on the user rather than IP address
Great support

No viable cloud solution yet to report back based on user (just reports on IP address)
Trouble implementing or upgrading with a complex internal domain

• Branche: Verbraucherdienste

We have been the Spam Filtering and I must say for the money they product performs well.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

Very easy and intuitive web interface. Very simple to set up an HA pair assuming you have the licensing. Support has been very responsive and is able to correct and explain what occurred remotely.

If an email is caught it in Spam it's sometimes difficult to troubleshoot the root issue. Would like to see the email header and or body after its released out of quarantine.

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Webtitan easy to implement and excellent performance

Bewertet am 10.11.2020

It is a solution that can be perfectly integrated and it really is very effective for what you are looking for.

Its easy implementation and excellent administration make this product very effective.

The truth is there is not much that I dislike, maybe it would work a little more in the interface but it really has a good performance!

Curtis
  • Branche: Bau

1st year with WebTitan

Bewertet am 9.11.2022

It is very intuitive once it is all set up. The #1 pro is that it also blocks the wifi network. most types of software like this does not with out some complicated setup.

It has a few hiccups. Especially with the remote setup. The #1 thing I wish it did, and would be the only reason I would go to something else, is I wish it tracked Bandwith usage.

Very good product and easy to setup and use.

Bewertet am 9.2.2018

Safer web surfing

Safer web surfing

Configuration. It's easy to setup and it just works. We have a central internet port and all our traffic goes through this port. So our web titan looks at all the traffic passing through.

I would love to see domains blocked based on their age. If the domain is less than a year old block it.

Amanda
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

Hitting all the marks!

Bewertet am 10.5.2021

Web Titan keeps us within CIPA compliance while also keeping us within our budget.

Web Titan is used on our patron computers within the library. It is CIPA compliant, and once installed, it basically runs itself. It keeps people safe when using our computers and offers us the freedom to pick and choose what is blocked.

Paying our annual dues was confusing for the city clerk who mails payment by invoice instead of credit card.

Baleseng
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

It has helped with my Internet usage, help to cache and control which websites are allowed.

Bewertet am 6.2.2018

Webdownload management, quick proxy cache.

Webdownload management, quick proxy cache.

Webfiltering and it works nicely with Linux. Web interface friendly and easy and friendly to use., nice reporting and real time activities.

It causes the application Linux operating system to freeze. I have to restart the OS but this happens on Vmware.