Clockify

Die einzige 100 % kostenlose Zeiterfassungssoftware für Teams.

(1 593)

1593 Softwareoptionen

Beate K.
  • Branche: Vorstandsbüro

Gutes Zeiterfassungs-Tool

Bewertet am 2.11.2021

In meiner Arbeit als Freelancerin hilft mir Clockify meine unterschiedlichen Kundenprojekte zeitlich zu erfassen und mit Hilfe der Integration in meine Buchhaltungssoftware kann ich auch gleich eine Rechnung erstellen.

Es gibt eine separate Desktop App, so dass die Zeiterfassung am Rechner kinderleicht ist.
Die Handhabung ist selbsterklärend und die kostenlose Version sehr umfangreich. Eine Integration zu lexxware ist möglich.

Die Desktop-App zeigt nur die Zeiterfassung. Um den gesamten Account einsehen zu können, muss ich mich in den Brwoser einloogen.

Zeynel A.
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Most practical time tracker tool

Bewertet am 19.3.2021

I use the Clockify for tracking how I spend my time in almost every aspect of my life. I use it not only for work or studying but also for reading, watching or playing and etc. I have two different workspace in Cloccify, one is dedicated for productive activities (working, reading, writing, studying), while other is for non-productive stuff (procrastinating, social media, shows, video games). Being able to track and monitor how I spend my time encourages and motivates me to spend my time more productive.

It is quite practical, easy to use and create workspace.
Its app does not take up too much space in my phone memory.
Features of adding subtask for projects, I think, one of the best feature that make difference.
The way it offers reports is very powerful. Thanks to so many filtering and grouping options, you can track and monitor how you spend your time, in different aspects. You can have time report by different sorting options such like projects, tags, clients, tasks or name and etc. Beside, you can monitor 3 categories in one screen.
Its dashboard section is very effective to provide an insight. So effective that it usually make redundant to resort to report section.
Exporting the time report as .csv or .xls format is available. And the feature of importing .csv format makes easier to switch from another time tracker software.
Auto filling feature makes it even more practical.
It makes possible to create different workspace for different time-tracking purposes.
Timesheet section makes easier to add previous time input.
Calendar view make it possible to have powerful insight as to how you spend a week.

I want see time report of different workspaces, in one calendar view and graphics in dashboard, but Clockify does not have this feature. There could be a multiple workspace monitoring option in dashboard and calendar section. Which makes possible to compare the time spent for different works.
There could be an option for adding durations without time info. For example; adding 2 hours reading in Sunday, without bother paying attention what time it was.

Adriano F.
  • Branche: Design
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Clockify gives you power to control all tasks in any kind or size of projects

Bewertet am 15.11.2021

Clockify gives me control over all parts of a project. I can focus in tasks that are really important and manage my team easily. Clockify is integrated to my Gmail, Calendar, Asana, Google Docs and Spreadsheets making the work very productive and tasks on each of them easy to control. I´ve tested many other softwares online and desktop, including smartphone apps and Clockify was simple the best option I found.

Clockify is amazing to control time & tasks in projects. Using a plugin Chrome Browser extension you add a small clock to e-mails, documents, spreadsheets, etc, and can start your timer in any kind of task. Clockify allows you to generate reports on the fly, super easy and fast. At the end of the day you know how productive you are and knows where in the projects you stay. You can easily schedule tasks, interact with other members of the team and track almost everything. The costs reports are a powerful tool, with them you control all the costs of your projects and team members. Using work spaces, you can create different scopes of work for any kind of organization you work. Clockify allows you to create clients, projects, teams, tags, and control the costs & track times of work for every one of them.

Sometimes, I miss a feature like Gantt Chart but this is not really a problem. I also would like to have a version translated to Portuguese.

Antwort von Clockify Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Adriano, Thank you for your feedback and the kind words!
If you would like to join our translation process for Portuguese or any other language, feel free to visit https://clockify.me/help/translation and submit your request.
Cheers!

Chavez H.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

My Overall Experience

Bewertet am 27.9.2021

Clockify makes it easier for folks at the company I work for and myself to generate a timesheet report for any specific period. Normally payroll would ask us for a monthly time report before they pay us so this comes in handy plus it's very simple to generate with just a few clicks.

As an end-user who uses this software every day, I'd say it's pretty simple to use and makes time tracking easy. My company decided to replace our previous time tracking software with Clockify just over two years ago and it didn't take long before the rest of the employees began using it. Credit should be given to its easy UI compared to the previous software we used which looked complicated and took some training. So overall I'd recommend this to business owners looking to make time tracking easy for their employees and themselves.

The only problem I have with software lol is that when I forgot to stop the timer before I sign off for the day it kept running all through the night until I manually stop it the next day. As a Sofware developer, my suggestion would be to learn how the user tracks time through some kind of pattern and show some a notification to let the user know that the timer was left running and silently pause it for them.

Antwort von Clockify Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Chavez, thank you for your review! While the web version cannot stop the timer automatically, you can opt in to receive the email if you have a long-running timer. To enable this, click on your icon in the top right corner and enable the option in Email settings. Additionally, the Chrome extension has the option to stop the timer when you close the browser, and also, the macOS app has the option to stop the timer when you shut down the Macbook. We are also working on implementing this feature on the Windows (Beta) app.

Hend abdalla M.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Track working hours easly for you and your team

Bewertet am 3.8.2021

Highly recomended for time tracking specialy with part timers, freelancers >> you can produce a detailed report with the tasks as well as the cost in one report, PDF or Excel export are avaialbel even with free account.

Free version is very good, tracking of time and working time log are very easy and flixable , reports are very helpfull

Tracker has no uper limit to stop at even you forgot to stop it for days (continiously)
Not very powerfull with task tracking where there are no tastk status or team calloperation of tasks, as least in free account

Punchpass und Toggl Track

Toggle is Costy and complicated

Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clockify

Free account has just enough features that I need, very simply and easy to use even for non-it team members

Antwort von Clockify Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Hend Abdalla, Thank you for your review.
With the current design of the app, the timer will run until the user clicks on the stop button.
As per task status, kindly note that if you are the admin of your workspace and you have tasks under your projects, you can check task status under the project status page. I hope this is what you are referring to, and it helps a bit.
If you have other questions please contact us at [email protected]

Best,

Zahra H.
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Excellent for a Free Time Tracking Tool

Bewertet am 27.8.2021

I use it everyday and my company staff as well. I keep an eye on the work everyone is doing and they too can see how much they are clocking in. While the automatic feature is kind of sad, but its something and I would have really liked it to catalog everything on server like how upwork's time tracker works :/

The simplicity. The clean interface, no clutter. The free plan offers great value because you can get your staff signup to use it and set their access. The mobile app is simple and gets the work done. Manual and Automatic, and even the break times are great features

Automatic time doesnt save to server, it would have been great if I could just start and it would lock in my activity according to tasks and projects I was working on. Instead it just saves for a week and gets deleted automatically.

TimeCamp und Time Doctor

Warum Clockify gewählt wurde

TimeDoctor was a bit pricey and complicated. Plus I was unable to get my staff to use it.

Time Doctor

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clockify

It just felt easier to use clockify than Time camp and time tracker.
Ashley K.
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

Clockify is the Best Time Tracking Solution for Freelancers

Bewertet am 18.5.2021

I use Clockify every day in my freelance life to manage the time I spent on my client's projects. It's the one piece of software that has stayed constant for me across my freelance life, from writing, editing, and moderating content online.

Clockify makes it easy to keep track of multiple clients and the tasks that fall under those projects. As a freelancer with several different clients, Clockify's expense-tracking categories was the only solution that made sense.

I am an early adopter and browser integration was a problem, but the Clockify developer team has stepped this up with better support.

🌎 cynthia ⓥ M.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Clockify is HANDS DOWN THE BEST TIME TRACKING Software that fits your budget needs!!

Bewertet am 4.5.2021

They are amazing people that care to go the extra mile to provide the features and support a highly active team needs.

Our team of #students at Assuaged uses #Clockify for our time tracking needs. It is the most cost-effective and #productive #timetracking tool out there! We HIGHLY recommend Clockify for your #team and #training needs! Also, they are incredibly caring people and attend to their client support needs! #grateful #wechooseclockify #startups #entrepreneurs

Honestly, nothing because it costs a lot of money to run technology, we know this, and the fact that they still cater to their clients by keeping the costs as low as possible, you won't find that elsewhere!

• Branche: Internet
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Simple way to track billables and other tasks

Bewertet am 12.3.2021

I got it to measure how much time I spend on tasks as I will be employing others to perform these functions soon and I wanted a benchmark I could hang my hat on: how long it takes me to do it! It's easy to edit and add time spent after the event. Also the reporting is good, especially considering I am using the free version. I'm also conscious that it may well serve my purposes when I do have a team to manage. I shall certainly give it first chance and I expect it will do the job with multiple users, again with little to no leraning curve.

It's intuitive and simple, I don't have to go through a big learning curve to get decent value from this product

It freezes up often and pages load slowly (I have a fast ISP and high spec machine so I don't expect bottlenecks)

Trello

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clockify

I chose Clockify as it has a simple interface and is quite intuitive. It can easily be edited and projects/tasks etc are all very intuitive, which I didn't find with Trello, akthough that may be necessary for some more complicated set-ups I found Clockify ticked all the boxes and was easy to use from day 1.
Alicia K.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy for employees to use

Bewertet am 14.10.2021

Overall my employees report that it is really easy to clock in and out of each site they work in. It's really easy for me to run payroll reports and to see what my profit is for each of my contract sites. It was easy to set up each site as a "project" to document hours there, put in the billable rate and the rate I pay fro my employees.

I like how easy it makes tracking my employee's time to monitor overtime hours and do payroll.

I really hate that I have to pay for 3 users when I have 2 employees and just need myself on their to track their hours.

Timeero und Timesheets.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clockify

I liked the functionality to track my profits. I was previously entering everything into a spreadsheet which has become very tedious as my number of contracted sites has increased.
Juliette R.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

A Fantastic Software with Great User Interface Design

Bewertet am 3.9.2021

Clockify is the most efficient software I've used to track my time, and I find the "Time Tracker" view very easy to use. I feel like some of the other views such as "Time Sheet" may be redundant, but maybe that is just because of the type of work I am doing. Overall, Clockify is fantastic and I hope the product never changes its layout.

Clockify is hands-down the easiest software I've ever used to track my time. I've worked part time for several companies, and I've always been confused by the layout of online time management systems. Clockify is the only software where I understand where I input my time while also being able to leave detailed notes on what I was working on at the same time. The website loads seamlessly on my computer and it only takes me a few seconds to input my time, which is exactly what a great software should do.

I always use the "Time Tracker" view when I input my time because some of the the other views seem a bit more confusing. I was particularly confused by the "Time Sheet" view at the beginning because I work on different types of tasks, and so I felt like I was unable to change the task when I used this view. However, using the "Time Tracker" view is much better because that way I can take better notes on what I was working on through various "tasks." I think the "Time Sheet" view could be simplified or even eliminated because having both "Time Sheet" and "Time Tracker" seem redundant, but perhaps it is helpful for people in other fields.

Antwort von Clockify Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Juliette, thank you for the review and all the nice words regarding the Clockify app.
Please note that, if you are the admin of the workspace, there is an option to deactivate the timesheet page, if you are not using it. This can be found under the workspace settings.
I hope this will help.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Best

Dima V.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

How did I ever work before Clockify? ))

Bewertet am 23.3.2021

I have been using this product for many months and today I cannot see myself and my working day without Clockify. Every morning when I start, I press the button and know that my progress and work are properly recorded, under the corresponding project sections and descriptive headings & tags. If you need to track your and/or your team's workload, you will not make a mistake by switching to this great product!

Wow, where do I begin! I think the dashboard is my absolute favorite! To be able to see exactly which month I had spent how many hours (and minutes!) working on which project helps me greatly to plan my workload and to priorities.

Each time entry can be highly customized by connecting it to the relevant projects, giving it a very descriptive name and tagging it with special keywords. You can also mark every entry as payable or non-payable and for our company, where we use Clockify to pay our employees on a monthly basis, this and the rest of the features are indispensable!

Sometimes the browser tab crashes or when I start/stop the timer, the command does not go through. But that happens only 5% of the time so overall it is not a crisis.

Harel M.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use time tracker

Bewertet am 13.8.2020

For our uses, the app is a good balance between free to use a multi-functionality system.
Though, even in free plan, some improvements would be good :).

The chrome extension makes life easier! Also, the reports generated from the web app are helpful with analyzing time consuming tasks.

The mobile app wasn't always synchronized with the web app. An option to add users that cannot edit time tracking is missing (at least in free plan) - we use it to track working hours for a client and want to collaborate with them. Location based tracking would be apperciated.

Asana und Redbooth

Warum Clockify gewählt wurde

Google Docs was used manually to enter time tracking; it was time-consuming task by itself. Also it was missing reporting and simplicity offered by Clockify.

Google Docs

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clockify

As I said, it offered good functionality with no cost added. The UI is easy to use, the web extension is integrated with many systems, so you don't have to enter the task you're working on - it's done for you.
João R.
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

The best by far for personal projects or Independant Freelancing

Bewertet am 31.3.2020

Amazing, best could not ask, I would like to make a copy cat of this one just for fun, that is how good it is.
Really good work guys. If you want more business though, maybe have 2 different models one for personal project / freelancers and another for companies so they could track people's hours in a legit form(track editing and how edited, team user accounts all that)

Really really easy and intuitive to use, plus the right features for billing and calculating the time spent on a project.

It is not that I do not like, it is simply that Jibble is the tool for companies employees sign-ins and outs, Clockify wins in how fast and adjustable it is for independent workers but loses with companies who need the closest to the most legit form of tracking employees hours. In that sense never noticed Clockify being careful about that.

Aimee C.
  • Branche: Internet

A real lifesaver

Bewertet am 27.1.2020

I discovered Clockify some time ago when a client wanted to see if there were any time tracking pieces of software he could use. I didn't use it then, but when our time tracking software turned into a frustrating mess of lost time entries, slow loading, and mis-calculated weekly times, I gave it a shot. Best decision I ever made for our team.

- Ease of use
- Ability to set up and customize lots of options
- Works well on multiple platforms
- Has extensions and apps
- Quick & light

- I wish there were the slightest bit more features in terms of clients vs projects, like the ability to assign people to whole clients rather than just projects, as well as the ability to bulk assign someone (like a page of checkboxes) to projects
- I wish there were more integrations as well, such as with Freshbooks for invoicing

Antwort von Clockify Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for the kind words, Aimee!
In Clockify client category is always connected to the project and cannot work independently. But, perhaps settings up tags for your clients could help you out.

Also, creating groups can be useful for managing projects easily.
Heres the link: https://clockify.me/help/users/user-groups

And we plan the integration with Quickbooks for invoicing.

Cheers!

Meghan G.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Straightforward Time Tracking Software -- Easy to Learn, Easier to Use

Bewertet am 25.1.2020

As a software developer working on small projects while putting myself through school, I have to be very careful with how I manage my time. Clockify provides me with a great solution to keep myself accountable for my waking hours. With its feature to add clients, I'm able to record the time I spend studying separately from my work hours by listing my education institution under one client and my contracts under their own respective clients. The reporting feature is insightful in breaking down my time by my desired filters (date, client, project, task, etc.). It enables me to keep my clients happy with accurate progress reports and estimated completion dates as well as help me gauge my progress in my school's curriculum. Tracking my time using Clockify has definitely kept my life on track!

There are two features that really stand out when it comes to Clockify.

The first being its compatibility across a number of devices. I can track my time via the web app or desktop app while working from my home office, then just as easily use the mobile app to record how long I've spent working on my train ride into the city, all without having to worry about issues with syncing between my devices.

The second feature that I absolutely love about Clockify is how granular it allows you to be when tracking your activities. You have complete control with the ability to create clients, assign projects to those clients, and even generate tasks within each project. And when it's time to use the tracker, just pick which project you want to track from the drop-down. The projects are separated by clients with submenus for each project displaying that project's tasks. You even have the option to add further description in the 'What are you working on?' field. This level of detail is critical when it comes to recording my time for invoicing purposes. On the other hand, if you need to just record the time and fill in the details later — you can do that too!

I notice that sometimes the software can lag when I make edits to my clients, projects, tasks, etc. This happens maybe once every two to three weeks and it never gets in the way of actually recording my time, it can just get annoying if I'm trying to do cleanup or reporting on the app when it decides to lag in saving changes.

Emiel G.
  • Branche: Design
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Clockify helps us keep track of time!

Bewertet am 25.9.2019

We have tried different types of time-tracking software, but none were as good and easy to use and implement. It's nice that you can use the free version with unlimited users, we will definitely upgrade in the future, but it's nice that we can already use almost every feature in the meantime. We did already recommend this app to other businesses!

The app is quite limited as an admin and on your phone, the browser redirects to the app, so a lot of features need the webpage on a computer. This is not so handy on the fly... Make new users, add new projects/tasks, ... It's mostly only a tracker while the webpage offers much more. Please add some more functionalities :)

Harvest, MeisterTask, Freedcamp und Toggl Track

Warum Clockify gewählt wurde

Pricing was ridiculous. We are a manufacturer and use a lot of different students to make our products. We use the app to let them keep track of what they make. It was not feasible to pay per user as the added value is to low on a per-user base. We ware looking for an app that did not charge per user!

Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clockify

Good free plan and a non-user based premium model. We are unable to afford a user based plan as the added value per user is very low.
Karie P.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Easily track and report on all your time

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

I track billable hours for multiple client projects, breaking down tasks to get the best sense of where I spend my time. For my flat-fee retainer clients, this allows me to see where my time is going to make sure my time is best spend and those arrangements are profitable. For my hourly-billed clients, this lets me accurately bill clients for time spent on their projects.

So easy to use! I have it bookmarked so I can quickly start time tracking new tasks - whether that's billable time, on non-billable time. I like that I can set up specific tasks but also include notes with specific time entries.

Being free to use, there is absolutely nothing I can complain about! I'm able to do everything I need to track and report my time.

QuickBooks Time

Warum Clockify gewählt wurde

I first tried TSheets because it has a direct integration to QuickBooks for billing, but I found Clockify to be a better user experience.

QuickBooks Time
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Straighforward time tracker

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

As I work on multiple projects at the same time it is usually very difficult to pinpoint how time is spent during a regular working day. After starting using the app regularly i.e. having a tab regularly open and using Android app always when on the go (meetings, etc.) I got a clear picture of how time is spent and which projects are regularly taking "invisible time" ie. time that is not billed. After setting up basic projects and tagging each activity with a project I can get basic overview of how I am spending my time at a glance. I don't need to submit my time sheet to anyone, so I am not using the reports as much, but I see this as a very useful feature for freelancers. The user interface is simple and focuses on one single thing - and switching between the web app - tab in the browser and the app on the phone is without any problems. Another thing worth mentioning is integration with gmail - so each time I get something via email that will take more than 2 min to complete I could just click on the button within the gmail and start tracking time for that task - for me it meant really understanding how much all those "little tasks" actually take.

In a way I also use this as a log for what I've done and to see if I am meeting the goals I set to myself such as 'spending more time on product development instead on operational things', since at the end of a week you have a clear view of whether you actually did what you've said you would focus on.

Simplicity - It's a straightforward time tracking app that one actually uses. After trying different apps that I usually forgot to use regularly, or that offer too few or too many features I stumbled upon this app that is easy to use, offer just the features that you need (such as projects, analytics) and that are easy to use both through web browser and on the phone I finally managed to keep track of the time spent during the day over different projects. If you click on any task that you previously tracked it will start another tracking instance which is really beneficial for repetitive tasks and tasked stopped due to interruptions.

Editing of time entries (when you forget to stop the timer or to start it again when you start working on a new task) are the only things I see as potential area to be further developed (such as splitting the task into two etc.) for the way I use the app. I must admit I have not used the teams feature,although it seems worth exploring.

Zack W.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

A very easy to use time tracker to cover many projects as a freelancer

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

I previously used Toggl, which I like just fine, but was a bit limited on the free version, and I didn't like the interface that much. I tried Clockify just to see how it would go, and so far I like it and am sticking with it for the near future.

The interface is nice, the reports get me what I need for invoicing. I can tag any recorded time as billable or not billable and even enter the dollar amount.
I tag entries for specific clients or types of work with various colors which helps differentiate entries.
The weekly emailed report helps me make sure my time is on point.

I didn't find the Windows desktop tool all that helpful, I just use the web interface.
It's not as streamlined to create a new project or client easily. I have to type a project name (which doesn't exist) then I can create it on the fly, but with no details such as setting the color or client. So I have to go to another part of the interface, track down this new project so I can set the client and color, etc. I wish I could set up all the details about project and client directly from the time-entry page and not have to go around the interface to finish adjusting it.

I don't really care for tracking precise start and stop times separately. Each time I have to stop and start a particular project time, it creates another entry. I prefer a generic single timer that accumulates, rather than a bunch of sub-time-entries like 10:34-10:45, 11:02-11:18, 12:50-1:42. This doesn't do much for me. I just want a single timer that says I worked 3.4 hours or whatever. But this is pretty minor thing. I can ignore all the sub-entries for the most part. But where this gets ugly is when I want to come back and enter time manually. If I need to adjust times, it's nearly impossible because I don't want to create time entries that overlap with existing entries. There is a lot of fudging numbers around so I can line up my projects.

Antwort von Clockify Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the review Zack.

When you enable the group similar time entries in your profile settings all your subentries will be grouped into one as long as they share the same description project and tag.

Simeón R.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

Nice way to keep track on your time

Bewertet am 13.9.2019

Overall is a good way to log and track your time, which as a freelancer is something very important. Maybe the free version is quite complete but the payed ones doesn't seem to add much more value to the product.
So as for now I will keep on the free one, and try to workaround the minor problems I may find.

Clockify has a really neat interface, and once completely configured it allows quick and easy operation.
On the main screen, you can simply hit the start button on the project you're working on and hit again whenever you stop and it will add directly a new entry on the log of that project. That's pretty quick when you need just to focus on the work. Besides this, on this screen you can also select each entry and decide if it will be billable to the customer or not by just hitting another button.
A really useful feature on Clockify is that you can set by default a billing price for your time, but also you're able to set a specific price per project, so when you set billable time to any project, it will apply the specific price in case it is set or the default one in the other case.
The dashboard section is also quite nice, but less useful, but anyway it shows some interesting info such as total time worked, or total earnings, most active projects and so on.
Then maybe the most interesting feature are the reports since are the ones that allows you to collect all the generated data. They are really flexible and allows a wide variety of different results by using the filters and the data are really well presented using some charts and tables.
And to finish, a nice feature is the ability of have shared projects with more people, this way you can log the time of the whole team and being able to decide if the time is billable or not, allows you some interesting posibilities.

It lacks some options on the project creation pop up, like the posibility of setting there the specific billing price for the project.
Although is very neat, I miss some possibility of configuring the dashboard section to add some widgets or reports on different sections. Didn't try the "pro" version but in the free one this is definitely not possible.
I the time I've been using clockify now I didn't found more major cons.

Joel B.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best time tracking app out there

Bewertet am 29.5.2019

Overall, Clockify has helped streamline my small business. I no longer have to worry about keeping timestamps in my head while picking up the phone, or jotting a quick note down that I'll forget what it's in reference to later. Clockify has made me more efficient, and more accurate, two things that are wonderfully customer-centric.

I most love how easy this app is able to integrate into my workflow. It literally only takes me a few clicks to switch gears to a different project. So when a customer calls up and I need to start tracking my time differently, I can switch my time to a new task (before I even know what the task is) and once the customer fills me in on the needs of the call, I can start to detail the clock that is still running, without interrupting anything.

I wish that their was a report that was a mix between the summary and the detail report. The detail report is everything that you need, but summary gives some great summation which helps with invoicing. The only problem is that you can't see the summation with the detail. If there was either an expand/collapse that could be added to the summary report, or grouping that could be added to the detail report, we would have the best of all worlds.

LiquidPlanner, TimeCamp und Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clockify

Clockify is the best at fulfilling it's main function, then adds features to it. The other apps seemed to require dealing with more up front, instead of keeping the main thing the main thing.
Subash B.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Simple Yet Effective & Efficient Time Tracking Tool

Bewertet am 29.5.2019

Clockify has helped my organisation in a big way by simplifying & making the time tracking task efficient and reliable. From the time we have moved from another time tracking to Clockify - we might have saved a lot of time slippages being tracked appropriately and has saved us a lot of time and effort in time tracking, auditing, reporting and billing activities.

1. Super simple time tracking tool - it's very easy to use & very quickly anybody can pick it up - useful when onboarding a new employee.
2. Enables effective management of housekeeping tasks for team leads & managers - like attendance, time sheets, etc.
3. Easy tool to bill the hours worked & review time taken on projects and tasks through reports.
4. There is a mobile app as well which enables to track time spent on calls as well - especially when you are a consultant or advisory services provider and spend a lot of time on the phone.
5. You can set up time tracking for specific clients, projects, tasks and assign it to specific employees - this is very granular and comprehensive.

1. I would have loved a random screenshot taken of work being done as well along with time tracking - this will boost the confidence managers & clients have on the reports & time sheets.
2. Timers some times stops - has happened with me a few times - not sure if its a browser issue - but this is always on my mind to keep checking if the timer is on from time to time.
3. Manual time adding can be an issue as sometimes we have seen that the date selected moves to the current date - need to careful & recheck entries.

TimeCamp und Toggl Track

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clockify

features, UI and ease of use
Gabrielle W.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Clocking in has never been easier!

Bewertet am 29.5.2019

Our business went from tracking hours on a notepad to this incredible program. What a tremendous difference it has made! Convenient, efficient, and looks very trendy!

This software is so convenient and easy to use! The look is sleek and trendy, and the features are simple enough for all employees to understand. This is not only the best software I have found (upon hours of research), but it's FREE! Our business went from tracking hours on a notepad to this incredible program. What a tremendous difference it has made! It's free AND it allows us to clock in and clock out for specific hours/days instead of the traditional timer. Most of the other programs we considered are a pay-by-user. Also, the other programs we considered only had options to start a timer or fix time for that day. However, Clockify allows us to enter time manually for weeks previous, days in advance, etc. We have found that the reports are customizable on Clockify where other programs did not allow us to customize dates.

What's NOT to like about this software? It's amazing!

Hubstaff, Microsoft Excel, Quickbooks Online und When I Work

Peter M.
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Simple but powerful time tracking

Bewertet am 28.1.2019

I am using Clockify for my own business, since I would like to track time for my customers. The problem I ran into is only finding tailored solutions for project management tools (i.e. Jira, Pro-Tool, ...) to track time on special platform artifacts like tickets. But, I needed a generic solutions covering multiple clients, leaving me an option to enter billable hours, different rates for different clients and super easy start and stop.
From all the years I am working, the true superb attribute of an awesome time tracking app is a ultra simplistic way to start and stop tracking. No one wants to spent time on this task.

Clockify is providing me everything I would like to have in a time tracking application - this is why I love it!

Clockify has a super slick design with a very cleaned up user interface.
It allows a user to enter billable and non-billable hours.
You can have multiple clients and multiple projects for each client. Each client can have a different rate you work for.
You can very easily modified entries you made wrong (especially useful to make it always to quarter hours or half hour trackings).
The reports are absolutely sufficient for me. it helps me also to track down problems with my time tracking (low hours, no project assigned).
Just recently I found out, that there is an app (not only the browser version). This makes it even more easy to use Clockify.

I am really looking forward using it for my whole company next month!

It should have a setting to setup a default tracking (default customer, default billable, ...). Maybe even a small toggle to check "default", which will setup the time tracking with this default setup.

Actually, the reporting also is confusing in the beginning, since it shows the result of all hours worked for a month, when actually I have the filter setup for a single client. Not sure if this is on purpose. The export as a file provides me the freedom I want anyways.

Clockify is taking the system time for tracking. And since I use Ubuntu and Windows, they both always set my timezone wrong (I live in Cyprus). Windows sets it 2 hours behind, Ubuntu to the front. Unfortunatly, I very often switch between them. So, it would be more handy using a backend call and starting the timer, tracking a UTC timestamp. And when stopping the timer, another call stop the timer in the backend, again UTC time. Then the times wouldn't be off.

I do not like it least of the software, but having a break gap option would be ace.

Antwort von Clockify Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the feedback, Peter!

If you're using the browser extension, you can set a default project there. You can also set a default project's billable status in the project's settings (and in the workspace settings for all new projects).

If you're having issues with filters not applying correctly, please contact us at [email protected] and we'll figure it out.

As for the time zones, Clockify uses three time zones to record and display time values at the moment:

Your computer¿s system time zone (when you record time)
UTC (stored in the database)
Time zone in User Settings (when displaying recorded time)
When you record time in Clockify (eg. when you start a timer), your system time is used. Then, Clockify converts that time to UTC and sends the converted value to the server. When you later view the time in reports, the time zone from your User Settings is used.