EmailOctopus Erfahrungen

EmailOctopus

E-Mail-Marketing-Tool via Amazon SES.

Sortieren nach

• Branche: Schreiben & Editieren

KISS for email marketing

Bewertet am 1.9.2020

I use it to send a weekly email to my former ukulele students (300+). I also send out 'tech tips' to authors on a semi-regular basis.

What I love most about email octopus is the simplicity of it. The interface is minimal by design which doesn't derail me when I just need to get an email out to my lists.

I would love it if they supported markdown.

Thomas
  • Branche: Zeitung

Fantastic Newsletter Publishing and List Maintenance Service

Bewertet am 16.8.2023

After a service I'd been using for eight years started developing functionality problems, I checked out competitors and came to EmailOctopus on the basis of a recommendation. Haven't looked back.

Everything WORKS. It's easy to import lists. It's easy to set up lead capture pages to get new subscribers. It's easy to create newsletter templates. It's easy to publish campaigns and get them delivered.

There's nothing I dislike about EmailOctopus, but if I could suggest one feature it would be social media account linking as opposed to having to manually post links to campaign emails to Facebook and Twitter.

SendGrid

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde

My previous service was becoming more complex and less functional/reliable.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus

The price was right and EmailOctopus handled specific functions I needed better than Sendgrid (I do use Sendgrid for some other projects).
Jan Sigetty
Jan Sigetty

Unfair comparison with Mailchimp

Bewertet am 28.9.2018

I like it, but that's because I found workarounds.

Fx. I design the NewsLetter in MailChimp and...

I like it, but that's because I found workarounds.

Fx. I design the NewsLetter in MailChimp and copy/paste the HTML. It works fine that way.

I moved from MailChimp, because of the price tag. Octopus is way cheaper, but it's still possible to send the same quality emails and that's​ great.

1. A better interface to make your own template/design. Limitations in fonts, sizes, etc

2. List features are limited. No way to create segments or groups based on subscriber data.

3. Regarding reports: A graphic overview of where the clicks are placed.

Antwort von EmailOctopus

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback. We have some good news on the campaign editor- we've just launched our new drag & drop email builder.

It's only in Beta at the moment, however I've added it to your account and you'll be able to use it in your next campaign.

More updates to come based on your feedback, too.

Thanks again,

Tom

Emily
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Affordable software for creating newsletters

Bewertet am 8.12.2023

EmailOctopus is a great product at an affordable price.

EmailOctopus is a great product at an affordable price.

EmailOctopus offers high end email marketing tools at a relatively affordable price. We use this software to create newsletters which play a big role in our marketing department.

At the moment the software works great. Incase I encounter errors I will edit this review.

Shishira
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

EmailOctopus is the best free and VFM mail service I've found after months of searching!

Bewertet am 26.4.2023

I love that EO is so easy to set up and use - it took me less than 30 mins to set up my first automation (welcome email to new subs) and prepare my first weekly campaign. The UI was really nice too with the drag and drop builder (for someone like me who has no coding knowledge) and the flexibility to customise the layout even though I'm on a free plan. Also liked how generous EO in the early stages of growth for the user!

Have not run into any cons, but I would enjoy a more flexible builder UI that could help me standardise fonts and colors for the complete mail and be able to revert to it with a single click if any incorrect formatting exists. Also, pressing backspace to delete a word also deletes the space before that word, which isn't required (it slows down typing speed)

Mailbird, MailerLite und Brevo

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde

I was on the free plan and MC no longer offers the benefits of contact count and mail count it did previously. I am yet to scale my business - hopefully it does soon and I can stick around to upgrade within EO in the future

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus

UI/UX, good reviews on the internet and generous starter plan (free)
Kat
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

This is an amazing tool for individuals and orgs who need email/outreach management on a...

Bewertet am 26.6.2023

The experience has been amazing! It has been transformative for our organization and its outreach.

This was incredibly easy to adopt and use. Each part of the experience is highly clean and simplified. I highly appreciate how much functionality is included for the introductory prices.

I just wish I could manually batch add contacts to lists. That is, add multiple contacts without needing to upload a CSV.

Campaign Monitor by Marigold, ActiveCampaign, MailerLite und Mailchimp

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde

Gmail obviously doesn't have everything we need, of course. We were doing everything pretty manually.

Gmail

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus

Everything had higher price-rates and features we didn't need
Kyle
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The most cost effective email solution with no hidden bolt on extras

Bewertet am 17.9.2023

Ace. Pull your CSV files through already and close your mind-numbing, overcharging, 2-audience-limited mail company and make the switch. If you don't like it you're probably a bot.

straight out of the box, the customer service is top-notch, real people, detailed responses not generic bs, and such an easy user interface you don't have to hunt for hidden features. fast, effective, reporting is top-notch. it takes care of everything without the expense of Mailchimp... actually, it makes Mailchimp look prehistoric in comparison.

Really nothing has popped up that's been an issue, no extra charges, nothing.

Darko
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Features, Pricing, Pros & Cons

Bewertet am 24.8.2023

EmailOctopus offers a clean interface, competitive pricing, and speedy support. It's preferred over competitors and has gained popularity among users since 2016. Despite some feature limitations, it delivers on user-friendliness, making it a valuable choice for email campaign and marketing.

EmailOctopus is appreciated for its user-friendliness, quality templates, drag-and-drop editor, and strong customer service. Its value is highlighted, along with positive feedback from Capterra and G2 reviews.

While praised for its ease and value, some users desire improvements in email list segmentation and additional template options.

MailerLite, Moosend, Brevo und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus

I chose EmailOctopus over these alternative products simply because of the price, simplicity and quality.
Josephine
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Excellent email management platform for small business

Bewertet am 27.4.2023

I like the ease of use, excellent and very responsive customer service, affordability.

Some of the email functions are not perfect; for instance, I sometimes have trouble setting the right font size for my email campaigns.

Mike
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Everything Most Email Marketers Need at an Unbeatable Price

Bewertet am 19.7.2023

I needed an easier, more reliable platform for various email campaigns, and EmailOctopus delivered.

EmailOctopus is incredibly easy to use, yet still full-featured enough to fill the needs of most business owners. I appreciate the intuitive backend, handsome emails, and exceptional deliverability EmailOctopus provides in a simple and pleasing package. I've used other industry-leading emailers, but this is the one I enjoy working with the most.

Can't think of a thing I don't like about EmailOctopus.

George
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Refreshingly Simple and Straightforward

Bewertet am 16.11.2022

An excellent tool for most email-marketing situations. I've used it on several client sites for letting them build their own newsletters and email lists, and have not had a single complaint about it. If you are looking for a tool to migrate your email list of hundreds of thousands of users to, EmailOctopus probably isn't for you—but if you're an average-sized business or creator, it's really my preferred option now, and much less spammy/convoluted than something like ConvertKit!

Email Octopus is really a great tool for—in my opinion—80–90% of situations where you need email marketing. For the large part it "just works", and I have no trouble getting my clients to use it, which cannot be said about other similar tools.It's quite easy to make great-looking forms and landing pages, and the WordPress plugin is a joy to use—makes things much easier!

If it's a great tool for 80–90% of situations, then I have to admit it has some shortcomings for those less-common use cases where you really need something robust and more flexible.Its API documentation is a bit lacking, for example, and while things "just work" for the most part, a consequence of this is that you don't have nearly as much control over precise details as you would with a larger—and admittedly more expensive—tool in this same spce.

ConvertKit, Campaign Monitor by Marigold und Mailchimp

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde

ConvertKit's branding is a bit of a turn off. It's either just...bad (remember that whole weird thing of temporarily being named "Seva"?), or has a very heavy marketer/car-salesman vibe to it.But it was a decent tool for a long time, so worth using.I came across EmailOctopus via its WordPress plugin, and was intrigued by the simplicity and refreshing marketing and design, which felt so much more "normal" and straightforward than e.g. ConvertKit.I started using it one some personal projects, and after loving it, am now using it with some freelance clients. A few of those are switched over from ConvertKit and we're all happier for it.

ConvertKit

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus

There are situations where I'd go with a tool with more features and more developer possibilities (i.e. a more fully-fleshed-out, better-documented API with ideally some SDKs ready to go).But EmailOctopus is a great balance of focused feature-set, cost, design quality, and customer support, so it's becoming my go-to!
Jargon

This is the one!

Bewertet am 17.2.2021

10/10

10/10

EmailOctopus was SOOOOOO easy to use! I love it. I came over discouraged AF from trying MailChimp. Anyone whoever used MailChimp either has a degree in the software or hired someone. It is ridiculously difficult to use and it embeds itself into everything. EmailOctopus is so simple and effective. I got real-time results and I ended up making quite a bit of money emailing old customers. I will definitely be using EmailOctobus from here on out.

The only thing I didn't like is that I didn't find it sooner.

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde

MailChimp was too difficult to use

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus

EmailOctupus is easy to use and doesn't require much setup. Zero headaches, zero nonsense
David
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Keep it SImple

Bewertet am 30.8.2023

Email Octopus is the only email program I could connect with. I can do almost anything with any program on a computer. But email marketing has always been overly complicated, in my opinion. I can write copy and set up great graphical design, but email marketing is like this bag of complications that the occasional email marketer doesn't get very proficient in. EmailOctopus simplifies all of this to the point that even if I don't become an expert in email marketing, I can still start and run a campaign and get good feedback on the quality of that email campaign. I like the fact that I can just relax after hitting the send button, and Email Octopus does the rest. For me, I like simplicity. Overly complicated doesn't work for me. Email Octopus is simple.

I am waiting for AI tools to be incorporated into EmailOctopus. I also think it would be cool if an email audience could be created right within the app.

Sumeet
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Best Email Marketing System

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

Overall, I think I am using EmailOctopus for more than 3-4 years now I think. I have been very satisfied with their product and haven't found any other service which gives me such good features at this price point. All the best to their team and hoping they take EmailOctopus to new heights.

I have been using this since it was a very small product. I have seen it grow and add new features with time. They have definitely grown for the better and added some really nice automated marketing features without increasing the cost too much.

Amazon SES reputation management is the biggest issue I have faced. Though, it's not their part of the product directly but there should be some way of managing the reputation and fixing those issues from within their product. Whenever I had doubts, their team did help me out a lot.

• Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

Small Agency ESP Review

Bewertet am 11.9.2020

Very positive.

Very positive.

We use EmailOctopus for our small agency to send our newsletters and other targeted email campaigns. Their tool is extremely easy to use and is very cost efficient for small agencies that have to watch every penny. Plus the are continually adding new features to the platform which makes the value increase every quarter!

Would like the ability to create sub-accounts. And it's a bummer to pay a foreign transaction fee every month.

Chameleon, SendGrid und Emma by Marigold

Better value

Campaigner

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus

Easy decision. EmailOctupus offered the best value for our agency.
Matt

Email Octopus Is A Top Notch Service Provider

Bewertet am 15.7.2022

Good overall and I will continue to be a client as long as I can be.

Good overall and I will continue to be a client as long as I can be.

From the ease of signing up, uploading my leads, and creating my first campaign I have really enjoyed using this service. Their support staff is very personal and they work one-on-one with me in a prompt and polite manner. They listen to my issues or concerns and take the time to explain the answers to me. It has been a pleasure working with Email Octopus and I plan to continue to do so for many years to come.

When configuring the lead capture form I could not figure out how to set the width of the form fields, or design the form to fit the area on my page for it. I had to instead remove a paragraph on necessary information from the page and design my page around their form.

Pamela
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A game-changer for those looking for affordable newsletters

Bewertet am 25.5.2023

I'm thrilled with my experience with Email Octopus and am glad I switched from the more expensive newsletter providers.

I love the pricing, the ease of setting up newsletters, and that I can stay within a budget without losing the newsletter features that allow me to have high subscriber engagement. I also like how easy it is to add new subscribers and that it offers a user-friendly design platform.

I haven't had a chance to explore automation yet, but that's one thing I'd like to set up and figure out.

Kristian
  • Branche: Internet

Simple & Effective

Bewertet am 28.4.2021

Incredible. In the time & age where platform are becoming extremely bulky, EmailOctopous keeps it simple, clean, automated. Customer support is on point every time.

- Simple yet powerful

- Advanced automation & workflows

Ian
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Email management for early stage media startup.

Bewertet am 28.2.2023

Great!!

Great!!

Very simple interface, straightforward pricing, ability to have reports for free flexibility in designs & landing pages

The setup was different, Only 1 automation in the free plan.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, SendGrid und Mailchimp

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde

Didn't offer what I wanted for the price point

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus

The price point. Also saw my friend who runs another company using it
Nessma
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A good option if you're starting out

Bewertet am 22.6.2022

It's a nice provider is you're starting up and don't have many subscribers; less than 2500. The templates are very convenient and attractive to use. Tagging and segmentation got better better over the time. However, opening rate is still concerning due to inefficient CAN Spam that leads to identifying emails sent from EmailOctopus as spam instead of landing in the receiver's inbox folder.

When I started using EmailOctopus, the first feature that attracted me to their service was their templates. There is a good variety to choose from. The designs are nice and not boring like most of the presets that come with mailers. It was easy to use to send weekly newsletters.

I faced two problems when I used EmailOctopus. One, the open rate was dismal compared to other mailing services due to spam complaints. Most of the emails were either sent to spam or blocked. It caused delivery issues that eventually made me use a different mailer.
Two, list management. I wasn't able to import subscribers easily, segment or segregate or have a lead page to gather subscribers.

Antwort von EmailOctopus

Hi Nessma,

Thanks for taking the time to review. I'm glad to say EmailOctopus does completely support imports of subscribers, along with segmentation and segregation. We also have a range of landing pages within EmailOctopus so you can grow your list, for free, easier than ever.

We'd love you to have a go at using these, so please reach out to our Support team who will gladly point you in the right direction to start.

Maisarah
Maisarah
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Simple and cheap for a email marketing manager software

Bewertet am 14.6.2021

EmailOctopus provides a dependable platform at a reasonable price, with exceptional customer service. Questions are swiftly and thoroughly answered. The platform is simple to use and offers a wide range of options that i have use to write our newsletter and email marketing content.

I'd want to see the email builder drag and drop functionality enhanced. It works okay, and the emails are attractive, but it isn't as polished as some other newsletter builder software that I have used. The email template should be more customizable and easy to add a design into it.

Freeman
Freeman
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Love EmailOctopus!

Bewertet am 26.10.2020

EmailOctopus is focused on one thing - helping you send beautiful emails to your subscribers. It's not bloated, it's simple to use, and it's priced very competitively. We switched from Mailchimp a few years ago. We love the ability to use our Amazon SES account to keep costs low for our high volume of weekly email sends. I've also switched client's from Mailchimp to the EmailOctopus Pro plan and it always saves them time and money.

Would be great to have more integrations with other content management systems but they keep improving every day!

ConvertKit, Mailchimp Transactional Email, Mailchimp und AWeber

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde

Price and ease of use. You shouldn't need a course to be able to understand how to use your email management service.
Chuck
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

EmailOctopus provides exceptional customer supprot

Bewertet am 24.10.2022

I would recommend EmailOctopus without reservation.

I would recommend EmailOctopus without reservation.

The customer support was the best feature of EmailOctopus. Every question I had was promptly answered with useful information. Customer service really went the extra mile to make sure I was satisfied.

My requirements were quite basic. While not a "feature" of the software, the only area where I saw an opportunity for improvement was to have customer service available during standard US business hours (EmailOctopus seems to be based in the UK.)

Warum EmailOctopus gewählt wurde

Wanted to try something different.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu EmailOctopus

Wanted to try something different.
Phil
Phil
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

The Ronseal of Email Platforms - Does exactly what it says on the tin!

Bewertet am 6.10.2020

Nutshell - AWESOME.

Ease of use. After failing to be able to achieve what we needed with a well known competitor we switched. We had spent four days trying to import our list with the competitor but were unable to due to limitations in the host software.

No landing page. Sure its fine for us, we have a website page specifically for capturing new signups but some will not have this ability. For example in the MLM world the 'rep' or 'agent' may not have or need an actual website but will absolutely need email marketing with a very simple way to capture new users. Something with a url that would allow for sharing on social networks.

Integration with Wordpress isn't very 'pretty'! We're having to use web hooks in a separate form to pass the data through automation to our audience list. The WP plugin isn't, and very probably never will be, as powerful as some of the built in tools within modern WP page builders. Unfortunately whilst the bigger guys tend to get their platforms integrated into WP plugins, it helps the plugin devs sell the product, EmailOctopus isn't current being supported. WP plugin devs, if you're reading this, make it happen!!

Christopher
  • Branche: Medizinische Geräte

Long time user!

Bewertet am 24.10.2022

Cost containment while still receiving a professional product.

Integration with Amazon web services was a bit intimidating for a novice.

Cost.