Square Payments Erfahrungen

• Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best POS for High Volume Transactions

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

Overall, Square keeps winning our business for it's ease of use, reliability, and transparency in costs.

No per swipe fees and a flat rate fee make Square the most transparent point of sale software of the market. Accepting payments is easy and straightforward. After 10 years of use, we have shopped around and can't find a better, easier to learn interface than the Square system for our high volume storefronts.

Integration with other software could be better, such as with Quickbooks online. Support has never been great but has improved over the last 3 years.

PayPal und Toast POS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Transparency and competitive costs, as well as the intuitive interface helped win us over and kept our business for 10 years.
Christina
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for small business owners

Bewertet am 24.9.2023

Overall, my experience has been pretty good. It is a bit pricey but you do get a lot of features, even with the free version. I think Square is the best option for a small business who doesn't have a lot of negotiation power with other merchants.

Square payments is very easy to use and includes all compliance so you don't have to worry about doing PCI verifications. The ability to invoice clients is great and I love that it will automatically send reminders which saves me time. It integrates wonderfully with my patient charting/scheduling system so that I don't have to switch to the actual square dashboard and can do everything in one program.

I really disliked using the contactless card reader. It never had a stable connection to my phone and I was always having to manually enter credit card information (which Square charges more for). I have since purchased a terminal which I love but the hardware was quite pricey.

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

I switched because the user interface was more intuitive and I was able to integrate it into my existing programs.

Ericka
  • Branche: Tierarzt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

They Hold Your Payments To Control You!

Bewertet am 2.1.2020

I am very unhappy. I felt violated and robbed by Square. My clients were upset and felt the same by my company not getting paid when they paid us for services.

Easy in person credit card payments from customers.

That you get no access to your payments when paid. Square keeps the payment paid to you for services by the customer at their decision.

PayPal Invoicing

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

I thought Square was modern and fair.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

It was modern and had a popular look and presentation. Customers first off felt safe in credit card payments.
Casey
Casey
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

Every Business Should Be Using Square Payments

Bewertet am 16.12.2023

Overall, everything has been fantastic! Collections are down, customers are much happier and business runs much more smoothly.

This makes it quick and easy for both customers and our business. It has cut down on collections as well.

There is nothing I dislike. I feel like every business should have this.

Brenda
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Reliable solution that is cost effective

Bewertet am 21.7.2023

I have used Square for 10 years. I have listened to other companies pitches, but stuck with Square, because there is not contract. They are honest as well. Never do they pitch you anything they do not offer. I cannot say that for other payment providers.

Square is fantastic when you need to swipe a credit card and allows one to avoid the large fees that others require. No contract and buy equipment as you need it.

The only con is getting a hold of a representative. Note, the solution is so simple that you really don't need help.

PayPal, Stripe und Quickbooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Speed and simplicity. The coding in the system works seamlessly too.
Allison
  • Branche: Kosmetik
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Small business using square payments

Bewertet am 8.5.2023

Overall, my experience was good it’s easy to use easy to set up. If I ever had an issue and needed to contact customer support. They were very quick to get back to you and I appreciated that a lot.

I like that it was easy to use anywhere anytime that it’s stored my customers information safely, and that they took a fair percentage from each service entered into POS

I like to least that I had to get new POS system more than once, because my iPhone changed shape, but that was more a problem with iPhone not square payments

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Because it was best suited for small business owners
Krystin
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Square Payment is the best payment system available

Bewertet am 19.5.2023

I’m so glad I chose Square over others because I’ve had such a great experience with them! It’s been very easy and effective. After about a year, I haven’t had any issues at all with their services and I’m incredibly grateful. The price is affordable too!

Incredibly easy and simple to use! They provide all the features I need for my small business at an incredible price! They’re not over complicated like other services. They’re also safe and highly effective. I don’t have to worry about my business or my customers because Square is so effective.

There were a few technical aspects that took me awhile to figure out, like connecting to my website, but I think that’s more on me than square payments. I’m sure most people wouldn’t have issues.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

I had a great experience as a customer, other small business owners recommended it too. The price was in my range and during the trial period I fell in love with Square.
Mike
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

High props for Square

Bewertet am 24.7.2023

We are very happy we chose Square, and have made our website CMS choices based on support for Square payments and linking to inventory.

Square has so many options for mobile payment hardwareFunds are transferred very quicklyMonthly emails on top selling products

Tap to pay on iPhone is only in the United States right now, this feature would allow us to have multiple transactions at once.Their web software is great if you only sell a few products, but we needed more control over display and layout

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

Faster payoutsMany customers thought they couldn’t purchase without a PayPal account so did not complete transaction.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Transaction cost, inventory management, option for website using Square software that linked directly to register/app.
Juliette
Juliette
  • Branche: Design
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Simple and Secure

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

Great experience! People love how popular this is because it recognizes them and saves their preferences. So if another company used Square to process their payment and they opted to have a receipt emailed to them that email address is saved with that option after I swipe their card.

It's easy to set up and has a ton of neat features. If you need just a simple way to charge clients in person or invoice it's perfect. If you need to track sales data and customer rewards, it has that too. You can do as much or as little with it as you need.

The app can be hard to navigate at first. I had trouble with quickly clearing items off. These are minor things that weren't deal breakers. You quickly learn how to get things going once you run a few payments.

Sarah
  • Branche: Kunst & Handwerk
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Perfect solution for small business

Bewertet am 17.8.2023

Overall Square payments are a helpful and easy to use option.

Overall Square payments are a helpful and easy to use option.

Ease of use includes being able to send invoices through email and on mobility for on location.

No debit feature and only available in Canada and Europe.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Square integrates with Ecwid for an online store.
Hank
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Square - great for small businesses, and not just retail!

Bewertet am 3.9.2019

Overall, I love Square. The ability to receive payment from practically anywhere at any time is HUGE for a small business owner. My ability to set up my clients in the address book and add their card on file saves a ton of time. I also like that only the last 4 of their credit card shows up. I do not want the burden of having all that info on file.

Square is a great solution to a small business who wants to ensure they can be paid easily, regularly and without burdening their clients.

I use it to receive monthly payment for my services for about 30 of my clients and it makes my life and my clients lives easier. Yes, you pay a processing fee, but it is competitive and well worth that small fee to ensure that I get paid. Plus, it only takes me a few minutes to receive payment from all those clients.

There are some elements of Square that are not as intuitive as they could be. Setting up a clients card on file can be tricky at times, especially if you use the web browser vs. the app. In general, use the app for EVERYTHING you do and you'll be fine.

The other issue I have sometimes is the checkout process. That times a bit of time to get used to and can feel clunky. This should be easier and I believe that Square will do their part to make the updates in time.

The final thing, and this is something that may not impact many people, but I use my headphones a lot. I have to be sure to remember to unplug/disconnect them before opening the Square app. If not, it thinks my headphones are the card reader and hits me with a very loud, old school fax machine connection type sound. A painful experience!

PayPal und Venmo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

I felt like Square was a more professional way of charging my clients. I also like how it allows me to set up a client and their card info and never have to mess with that again (unless they change cards). I actually use all of these others at times (PayPal, Venmo and Facebook money) and Square is the easiest to use, verify with a bank account ect.

I Recommend Square to Everyone

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

First of all, I feel like Square listens to its customers and really wants to understand what features they need and how they need their software to work. They have forums and support and use the information acquired from this to improve their product features regularly.

Square is a really amazing credit card processing, payment gateway, invoicing, booking, and product inventory management option for small to medium size businesses. The value of everything they provide for your to help run your business, beyond just credit card processing, is unmatched. While you are getting a very competitive processing rate, they offer you all of these other tools to run your business mostly for free. They also integrate with 3rd party applications in case they are missing a feature you need. The booking capability alone is worth the credit card processing fees you're paying.

There are a few limitations to some of the applications they offer but it's hard to complain because they are free AND they are constantly listening to their customers to make improvements on those applications. They do charge more if you want to keep your customers credit card on file for automatic payment or recurring billing which in my opinion is counter intuitive and unfair to the businesses using them because technically it means more easily processed payments they are making money on and it's not costing them any extra to process a card already on file. You are basically paying extra for the convenience.

Brett
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

The Only Merchandise, Website, & Card Payment Manager You Will Ever Need

Bewertet am 3.4.2022

Square has satisfied all card processing, website management, inventory management, and merchandise marketing needs for us over the past 6 years wonderfully and will hopefully continue to be the main catalyst in our financial minimization and success as a touring/professional band moving forward!

As a user of Square for about 6 years now in managing my band’s merchandise, website sales, in-person sales, and all credit/debit card processing needs, I can honestly say that this is the best card processing software in today’s market. The fact that the card processing fees are as reasonable as they are with the card readers and entire web store being 100% free, makes Square the best value when compared to other alternatives. I recommend square almost daily to all my colleagues, business partners, and new fellow musicians I meet each week at home and on the road.

There are no cons about using square. I truly cannot even think of one thing I dislike about this software as everything from payments, processing, inventory management, to direct deposit, and even website management is on point at all times. Well done Square.

Big Cartel

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

Bandcamp was taking a pretty large cut of each merchandise sale and didn’t offer as many card processing options or ease of use during the year we used it. The Bandcamp website also didn’t compare to the quality and efficiency we instantly found within square’s website use!

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Much similar to bandcamp, bigcartel had more significant fees to take from each transaction as opposed to square and didn’t leave us with the visual website aesthetics that we were looking for either.
Debbie
  • Branche: Musik

I’m a Piano Teacher, Not an Accountant

Bewertet am 9.8.2019

I’ve been with Square for several years, since I started teaching piano as more of a full-time profession instead of a side hobby, and overall, I’m VERY happy with them! I’m not an accountant, nor do I want to spend lots of time on the admin/financial side of my business; Square has just enough customization options and report capabilities to keep this Creative happy. I know there are cheaper payment processors out there, but I really enjoy the ease of use that Square provides along with the brand recognizability.

Recurring billing and automatic reminders, all the way!! Saves me so much time & energy in sending out invoices each month to my 30+ piano families. I’m not sure why I used to dread sending out invoices each month, as it means I’ll get paid. But I very much dreaded it, and would drag my feet in sending invoices. With automatic recurring billing, I set it up once (very simple to do) and I don’t have to think about it again, until I get the email confirmation that all the invoices have gone out. Then I think about it again when I’m notified that the invoices have been paid (the best!;).

I SO wish I could set up and send invoices in bulk...just create a template, enter a list of email addresses, and hit send. It’s not at all difficult to create and send invoices, just a little time consuming on the front end when each one has to be set up individually.

Invoicely und Stripe

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

I couldn’t figure out how to get Stripe set up! (HA! Told you, I’m a piano teacher, not an accountant...nor a computer programmer with knowledge of code, which seemed a prerequisite for successfully setting up Stripe). With Invoicely, I thought I had things set up properly, but my test invoices always had errors. I couldn’t ever seem to figure out what I was doing wrong.
Daniel
  • Branche: Versicherung

Great Program, Great functional devises and Inexpensive

Bewertet am 21.12.2021

The money I have charged is placed in my account very quickly, and I get my receipt and a report after payment is received. Very awesome tracking system that I utilize for taxes.

#1 Pro, Inexpensive, besides paying for the devices, $10 for the plugin square, $50 for the wireless multi-capable card insert device, which is less than what Merchant services charges you to rent their device monthly or purchase the fees are the same as any and every credit card fee. that is my only expense after the devices are purchased. In addition you download the app to your phone and you don't even need the device, you will lose 1% more but that is still inexpensive.

to be honest I do not have any real concerns, the only think that crosses my mind is, what happens if i lose the wireless device, does it save any info on it that can be hacked.

Warum Square Payments gewählt wurde

With the 5 year contract I had with Wells Fargo I was paying about 900.00 in fees per year not including the credit card percentage that is charged. With square I have paid out less than 100.00

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

The initial setup, and the Price of the hardware
Alexandra
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Easiest payment processing system

Bewertet am 27.7.2022

I've never had an issue with Square payments. I've always had iphone and whether on wireless or using data, the payment is always smooth and goes through. Also, I accept clients' HSA cards and have had issues with other payment processing systems accepting their cards. Never with square. I also like that I can link in all of the square features such as scheduling, and payroll. Gives me the time to do the things I actually like about running a business instead of accounting matters.

I've never had an issue running a credit card with the reader and the software is really easy to follow

I think the only con is I could probably get a better price per transaction with another company but would sacrifice the ease of taking payments and some features

Mindbody

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Better payment processing. Simpler interface on the phone.
Alex
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Efficient payment processing

Bewertet am 9.5.2020

Square is a great, simple, and effective processing software that I use on a daily basis. I've been using it for close to two years now and have never encountered any issues, which is extremely important to me. I highly recommend Square for most size businesses. There is a free trial, so I encourage everyone interested to give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

Square is a simple, yet efficient software to use. It makes all my barber payment processing much easier, as well as, my clients truly enjoy the quick transaction. Along with that, it allows me to efficiently keep track of my daily revenue.

For my line of work, Square has all of the features I need. Although, if your business is much smaller without as much revenue, the processing fees may be too high.

PayPal Commerce Platform

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Although PayPal is a reputable company, I came to the realization that many reviews were not so positive, so I decided to go with Square instead.
Goran
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Square is #1 contender and best in their space

Bewertet am 22.5.2022

Square has shifted into being our #1 preferred payment terminal and mobile card processing system. It is incredibly easy, pricing is fair, and quality of equipment is top notch. Our experience is only positive.

We use square for our mobile payment processing, as well as on a payment terminal. They are now our preferred mobile method because of how easy it is to start with, the process goes smoothly, and no issues in the 2+ years that we have been using them. We have since bought another payment terminal as the quality of equipment is also top of the line.

As this time, I have nothing I can say I like least.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Quality equipment, ease of integration, and great customer service.
Jay
  • Branche: Fotografie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Taking payment is a breeze with Square, and the integrations are great!

Bewertet am 20.8.2019

Super easy to use, easy to process refunds and easy to see how you are doing (volume of business and sales averages) all due to some great reporting tools. We moved away simply because we thought we needed to find a real "business" processor -- turns out, Square is a legit business processor which zero mystery fees which makes it easier for us to predict revenue flow. Can be quite frustrating paying a high fee on the majority of your transactions, because the processor smacks you with the "reward card" designation on most transactions. Not an issue with Square, you see the rate and that is the rate you pay, no questions asked.

We have used many different payment solutions over the years. Most recently we have been using Authorize.net, and while they processed payments just fine, the system is super old and can be frustrating to use. Square is not so, rather they are super easy to use and grow with. Not having to jump through hoops each year to be recertified as PCI compliant (questionnaires and network scans on our end) is really a great bonus we never even knew about before temporarily moving away. We have obviously since moved back and cannot be happier.

For our photography studio, the biggest drawback was just the taking of the payments, it really didn't feel as professional as it could be when we had to use our phones for large client orders. That has since become an issue in the past as they have so many options now, including the new Square Terminal which we bought and love to death! So really, the biggest flaw we had, has been resolved.

Chasity
Chasity

Easy Peesy

Bewertet am 16.5.2023

Overall I'd recommend Square to anyone starting out and looking for ease but also great service and a great platform. Square hasnt done anything to make me want to leave. The POS system came fast, the card came fast and they are always upgrading the system for the different ways to pay. I've also never had any issues with fraud.

If you havent noticed... I love ease and the path of least resistance. And thats Square payments. Everything about their system is heaven and so easy to use. The app never an issue, the POS systems never an issue and they arrive quickly. I love that Square is always upgraded and working with the times. It's also not expensive and the transfer rates are not bad. I love that square doesn't take 6 years to payout either.

I would like for square to think about taking a little more time on the invoicing. I'd love to use it as opposed to Paypal.

Scott
Scott
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Square is the independent contractors gold standard for payment processing

Bewertet am 12.11.2019

Square is great. My customers have the option to pay with a credit card, and even understand that I will upcharge them the transaction fee. With some computer skills, you can make an online store work from your own site, or using one of their templates if you don't care how it looks. Bottom line is that Square gets the job done that needs to be done.

Setting up Square to accept payments through a device like an Ipad, phone, or laptop, through either swiping or manually entering information, is as easy as it gets. Highest marks for virtual terminal and checkout links, as well as snapshots of important information such as how much is the average a visitor spends, and how much is taken in for a given day. Best of all, payments to your account are very quick, with a fantastic option for instant transfer.

Hands down, the awful thing about Square, and the thing that could use the most improvement is the Online Store. It looks awful, isn't easy to customize, and takes a bit of knowhow to even get your product or event listed. I've used this for years and keep waiting for Square to make this something that has as much quality as the rest of their service. It doesn't look like they are interested. Also, merchant services through banks charge fees that the average small business owner can't justify.

Danielle
Danielle
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien

Love...love...love Square Processing

Bewertet am 16.7.2020

Selling products electronically is so simple with Square. Whether you're swiping from your telephone, iPad, or transactions being completed from your website, sales are streamlined.

I love that if you're "out on the field" at tradeshows, farmers' markets, etc you can still complete orders that count toward your overall revenue. The analytics piece is awesome.

There had been some restrictions with some industries that made no sense. One of the brands was denied. It was nothing illegal. The processing fee could be lower.

PayPal und Stripe

Accepted our industry.

authorize.net

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Payments

Industry issues. We'd used them in the past.
Ware
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei

Money Management made easy

Bewertet am 17.5.2021

This software is exceptional for law office management.

This software is exceptional for law office management.

I was a partner in an establish defense firm when I went on my own and began to concentrate on plaintiffs employment law. In a big firm, cash management was done for me, but when you are on your own, that’s no going to happen. So I started taking credit and debit cards. The problem was that it was costly in time and expense. The rented machines were clumsy and credits had to be reconciled to the bank. I finally decided that it was costing me more to rent, reconcile, and train personnel that it was not worth it.

Along comes iPad in 2011. I went to an iPad for Business program at the Apple Store where I was introduced to Square. Every swipe was 35¢ and 2.75%, and it didn’t matter if it was a VISA or American Express which had been running me 4.5%.

Since then Square has gotten better and better. I generally have money in my account the next business day and if I agree to an additional 1% I can have it immediately. Square Capital extends credit as well.

The original hardware was free. Now for a chip reader, expect to pay less than $50. I have two. One for the office and the other I keep in my car.

Nikki
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square was a game changer.

Bewertet am 28.3.2023

Square has removed all headaches from payment processing in our dental practice.

We previously used a merchant services company that integrated with our dental software. We were unhappy with the constant changes and upgrades needed to maintain functionality. Accessing reports was difficult and time consuming. Our fees were excessive so it was time for a change. Implementing Square was much easier than I anticipated. I was able to negotiate our fees based on the way payments were received in our office. I appreciate that the terminal is mobile so it can be shared between the reception area and the Manager's office. Reports are accessible on the terminal, but using the online dashboard is simple and streamlined as well.

Figuring out where to order paper/supplies was slightly difficult. It can be hard to figure out how to speak to live support.

Carman
  • Branche: Logistik & Lieferkette
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

The Easiest and Most Inclusive Mobile Payment Processor

Bewertet am 4.8.2022

Overall, Square Payments is my favorite electronic mobile payment processor that I have used so far. I have tried a few others that were either really expensive or just didn't have the features that I wanted.

I love that almost every feature available is on the app and that I don't have to worry about dragging around a laptop with me. I can manage my inventory and service options on the app, including adding product pictures and SKU numbers, if needed. I can send customers' invoices that have already been customized like it's nothing.
While the price isn't the absolute cheapest processing on the market, it's definitely close to the cheapest, which is always nice, especially when you already have pretty small profit margins.

There are some features that are offered that I wish did not cost extra money on a monthly basis. I think a payment plan that would make more sense would be that depending on how much business you do per month would "unlock" certain free features or something like that. That would allow for more versatility depending on your business size, instead of having to worry about an extra bill every month.