Splashtop Remote Support

Remote-Support für MSPs, IT-Dienstleister und Helpdesks

Jessica G.
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I used to Recommend TeamViewer, NOW its all about Splashtop!

Bewertet am 24.11.2020

I came from using Teamviewer, i will never go back. Splashtop is honestly perfect to use.

I loved the easiness of just having a username and password to access my computer, i used to use TEAMVIEWER, and of course we needed the IP address, so some unique number, if not forget it you are out of luck ... this is so much easier and user friendly. Plus, totally inexpensive.

It was a bit difficult to maneuver at first, trying to get the screen to fit was the worse, i eventually got it and it works fine,

Adriaan V.

An excellent LogMeIn replacement

Bewertet am 1.5.2021

With Splashtop Remote Support we can effectively manage both our own PCs and servers, as well as that of our clients remotely. The switch from LogMeIn went smoothly, and we've found that the remote support sessions connect far quicker and are more reliable than LogMeIn. Overall we are very satisfied with Splashtop and glad that we've made the switch.

Easy setup
Quick and stable remote connections
Security features
Easy to learn and administer
Low bandwidth requirements
Anti-malware integration

Rollout via Active Directory is a bit tricky, but doable
Only the main admin user is able to create delegated admin accounts

GoToMyPC, LogMeIn Central und TeamViewer

Warum Splashtop Remote Support gewählt wurde

We've used LogMeIn Free, then LogMeIn Central for many years. However, LogMeIn wrote to us a couple of years ago intending to more than double the price we were paying. So we looked at alternatives, and Splashtop came out on top for functionality and price. After a two week free trial we were satisfied that Splashtop was the way to go.

Ease of use Lots of useful features Pricing
Dan G.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A good piece of software, although it's bare-bones and a bit slow in comparison with others.

Bewertet am 18.5.2018

Splashtop has a good price point and is decent entry-level remote control software, although there are alternatives that perform better. It's hard to beat the price, though. Test a few before you decide.

Super simple to deploy, with support for Macs and PCs. It integrates very well with programs like Autotask, making it very easy to connect to a managed computer that you are also monitoring with Autotask Endpoint Management. Lightweight, small program that is very quick to install.

In our testing it ran slower than LogMeIn and Teamviewer. There weren't as many options to decrease the resolution to increase network speed, although they may have added that feature as we used this about a year ago. We had trouble connecting to PCs that were in portrait mode, and wouldn't switch to Landscape mode without crashing on some systems.

Daniel S.

Finally, Remote Access with a Smile

Bewertet am 1.8.2019

I haven't needed to contact support very much but each time I have they have been quick to help. More than anything in the IT world speed is paramount, these guys are good.

Functionality across pretty much everything. Fast set up. Secure approval for new machines / users, even down to me having to verify who I am on a regular basis - no trouble, reflects the changing IP's.

The software working through the app is sometimes a little less than smooth. It still works well but could see some improvement.

Dameware, TeamViewer und Zendesk

Warum Splashtop Remote Support gewählt wurde

LogMeIn while providing a heavyweight piece of software were exorbitantly expensive. Massive price hikes every year. Why did I put up with them for so long? Fear of having a major headache in transitioning all clients to a different product.

LogMeIn Rescue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Splashtop Remote Support

I enquired with many companies, those are just a few that come to mind. The easiest and most useful help was from Splahtop. They gave me a full trial, extended that trial and then helped in the move from LogMeIn to the Splashtop product. All the way through I had regular email communications checking all was going well. Very satisfied customer.
Dave O.

Replaced LogMeIn Central and Integrates with Datto RMM

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

Connecting to a Splashtop cleint is very fast. I also like how it gives a pop up when we connect/disconnect

What I like most about the software it s the cost! The cost is amazing compared to what we had with Central. We have close to 500 Machines using the RMM and Splashtop direct.

When using with Integrated RMM you cant drag and drop files or print. Would like the remote printer to just re-direct the printers instead of having to ad the XPS Viewer.

Don B.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Excellent alternative for Logmein Central Users

Bewertet am 29.7.2019

Lower our yearly cost for remote support - and add remote support for MAC users

Easy to use and easy to implement (install new remote clients was easy)

Not having an easier way to switch focus from remote desktop to my desktop when assisting someone with SOS remote agent.

TeamViewer

Warum Splashtop Remote Support gewählt wurde

Yearly cost kept on going up up up.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Splashtop Remote Support

Best overall experience from start to finish with a new vendor in over 10 years. They were exceptionally helpful during trial period and have not been disappointed since switching to them.
Ryan H.
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Great Value and Support!

Bewertet am 1.8.2020

While the Remote Support product is pretty easy to figure out, there were a few questions along the way. The support team was very responsive - I used email and chat options.

We reviewed several products for our company and Splashtop handled our primary needs for supporting our workstations remotely. One of the biggest pros was the inclusion of the employee remote access to their PC's - especially during these WFH times! We ended up saving a substantial amount of money due to the consolidation of IT Remote Support tool and the Employee Remote Access into one product.

I wish there were more alerts and reporting available, as well as more information provided for each workstation.

TeamViewer und Microsoft Teams

Warum Splashtop Remote Support gewählt wurde

Was looking for an a more robust and cost effective method. This consolidated two products into one.

GoToMyPC

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Splashtop Remote Support

One product built into one and the price was perfect - especially for the size of our organization (75 employees)
Jon H.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for managing and supporting PCs remotely

Bewertet am 25.10.2019

We were using a tool which did not provide elevated permissions on computers which meant some troubleshooting or installation of software remotely was very difficult as we couldn't enter administrator credentials.

The ease of setup and connecting to a PC for elevated remote support. Features such as chat and file transfer are certainly bonuses.

Occasionally the antivirus add-on bitdefender has trouble deploying to PCs and that integration could be built out better but overall it's hard to complain at the price.

Price. Logmein Central was more than twice the cost
Drew L.
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great Value for the money for a remoting solution

Bewertet am 9.8.2018

I recommend it for cheap/smaller environments that just need simple remoting more than RDP can provide, but I wouldn't use this in an enterprise environment.

It is cheap and easy to license. The remoting itself is painless and works well, even in situations where internet connection is a bit... murky. Features are slick and well-designed, easy to access. Works great on desktop and phone/tablet solutions. Installer is great and can be automated in a windows environment.

It lacks some of the "big boy" features that other remoting softwares can provide, but those cost heaps more money. Support is basically a knowledge base, which is lacking, but honestly enough because it's pretty stable.

Kyle S.
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Remote support company using Splashtop for supporting users

Bewertet am 28.1.2021

Overall, we are happy with splashtop. It is relatively inexpensive and it is very easy for our customers to user

The software is very easy for our customers to use. The download file automatically downloads and opens the file onto their computer. From there they just give us a code and we can access their PC

It would be nice to have more chatting and voice features built into the software. It also only allows one user to access someone desktop at a time. For example, if we have two remote support users working on the same ticket it would be nice for both to be able to view the customers computer

Matt I.

Robust Remote Support

Bewertet am 27.5.2020

Any time I have contacted support with a question they were always fast, friendly, and helpful. I haven't needed to contact them about any major issues because it performs like it is supposed to and has never given me any trouble.

Splashtop was incredibly easy to setup, and is very user friendly. It has all of the features we need and offers features we didn't think we would use but they turned out to be a great bonus to have.

When it comes to Pro/Cons, there are no cons with Splasthtop. There are a few minor features that would be nice to have, like seeing the user activity status on the main screen of the business app, and we have submitted feature requests, hopefully they will be added in an upcoming product update.

Mike B.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great Remote Support for IT.

Bewertet am 5.9.2019

I wish I knew about it earlier. They should advertise better especially to IT professionals. LogMeIn was good but they started charging way too much.

Splashtop helps me in the ability to remote into my PC's without having the user do anything as it loads a small app on the PC that I can see when its online and remote in at will. It also has the ability to let me into any PC that can get on the internet and provide a number that will allow me to get in giving me even more PC's I can access remotely. The price if very affordable for what this can do, it also has a function to chat and do file transfers so it’s a full remote support software. I can access this on my iPhone to remote into PCs as well giving me the ability to do support anywhere and anytime. They supply updates regularly to keep it running in tip top shape.

There is not much it can't do. As long as they fix bugs that come up sometimes, and they do, its all good.

Albert P.

Great Functionality and better bang for buck against Teamviewer

Bewertet am 13.5.2020

I'm an MSP providing support to small to medium size businesses, I need a cost effective, reliable mobile support tool for all operating systems and Splashtop does it for me. I moved from Teamviewer as it was expensive and cumbersome and wasn't able to support me with a solution unique to my business.

Easy to use, better screen render than teamviewer, easy to install and great admin controls. Also allowed me to distribute and manage remote administrators.

does not work on Linux well. Sometimes it does not work and no reason for connection issues. but quick reboot of streamer and the problem is sorted.

Ludovic R.

Efficiency

Bewertet am 28.5.2020

The most interesting in this software is how that is efficient and easy to install and make all needed setups.
After, of course the price compare to equivalent platform is unrivaled.
With the deploy app process is very easy to install on all machine with a minimum configuration needed.
The view on all machines reachable is efficient and easy to setup to give access different machines (users, groups...)
Of course, there are several improvements needed but the basic functions are already impressive, efficient, and work how they are supposed to work.

Currently, no bad points, splashtop works like a charm.

Shawn B.
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Splashtop Remote Support

Bewertet am 20.12.2019

Overall great features, great support, great pricing.

All pros. I moved our company from LogMeIn Central to Splashtop and couldn't be happier. Super easy to setup, deploy, and maintain. Cost was a driving factor and it fit well into my budgetary guidelines...very affordable in the realm of remote support tools.

No cons to speak of. It has met our needs and has done so well in the 2 years we've been using Splashtop.

Eli H.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Exactly what I was looking for

Bewertet am 25.5.2020

I was looking for a reasonably priced remote support solution that also enabled me to have clients use the same software to access their computers as well. Once the COVID hit this software enabled me to access smaller clients that did not have any remote access abilities to continue to provide support.

The ability to create specific installation files with specific configurations for specific clients. Also the ability to create users that can only access certain groups of computers. Set up was super easy and support is accessible and knowledgable.

The printing functionality is a bit cumbersome. But it works.

• Branche: Computer-Software

Makes Remote Support Easy

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

It's invaluable to my job as a customer support agent. I love using it and it makes things very simple.

It's not too clunky, it has a simple interface, and it's at a very affordable price point for small businesses.

The default option is to not show the remote cursor, which makes it difficult if you are working with a customer and forget to turn it on beforehand.

Coy I.
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Don’t Waste your money on Logmein, buy this!

Bewertet am 6.8.2019

Excellent, Reasonable priced for a package, works like I need it, just don’t change your packages and we will happy.

Ability to purchase 25 users at a reasonable price so I can access clients without them having to purchase an expensive remote access software.

No complaints. I don’t know anything to mention here.

• Branche: Versicherung
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy and affordable remote support

Bewertet am 10.7.2018

Splashtop has been a near perfect solution for our internal support needs. Every workstation in our organization can be accessed to provide support. With multiple locations and remote users it has been one of our best/most valuable support tools.

Easy and customizable deployment, runs as a service on remote station, client automatically updates, mobile friendly interface.
Can also create security groups for others accessing remote stations and control/limit access by group.

Access is to the desktop only, would be nice to have access to services, task manager, and system updates without logging in to desktop.
System resource usage seems a little excessive during the remote session.

Michael D.

Very Good Product!

Bewertet am 6.2.2019

This is a very good product and it is very-well priced. I use both this product and TeamViewer. It has almost all the same remote support features, and it connects very smoothly.

Also, the best distinguishing feature is the deployment setup. It makes it very easy to configure one deployment and deploy it on several computers.

The ONLY issue I have a problem with (and this is big to me) is that there is a slight lag whilst already connected. I use the software side-by-side with TeamViewer and the time to send commands, typing, mouse clicks, etc. is significantly longer than with TeamViewer. This is the only thing keeping me from FULLY committing to a premium subscription to Splashtop. I hope that this can be improved, because otherwise this is a very good produce.

I liked the multi-monitor support the most and also the deployment methods

I do not like the lag in the connection when sending typing and mouse clicks to remote computer

Sabrina C.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Untern. Größe: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

Can't get easier than this.

Bewertet am 24.9.2020

I've loved this software as soon as we started using it. It is easy to find servers you want to remotly connect to... You can save the credentials so the program will automatically open that server for you next time. It is fast and it's super easy to use. Organized and tidy.

When you make the toolbar on top dissappear it's hard to know how to get it back to close the remote control window!.

Matthew F.

Great remote desktop software with incredible features!

Bewertet am 9.2.2018

Being able to control my devices from a distance especially when you are trying to troubleshoot a problem.

At times, I would be at home or on the road and need a file or documents from my work PC and this software makes it quite easy to access my devices over the net. it also allows me to access them via mobile device

The only issues i have is how it works when there is a poor internet connection. Tho this isn't an issue with the software but id rather it prompt me with the error notification much quicker than just lagging which would eventually result in me restarting the application multiple times

Carl T.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Low cost IT remote support product

Bewertet am 20.12.2018

We are happy with the price-feature mix up of this product.

This is the most cost effective replacement we have found to logmein. Once Logmein raised prices after being purchased by Cisco we looked for alternatives. Splashtop allows us to install on 500+ computers, and can have multiple support agents logged in simultaneously when collaborating to solve a problem. We can even

Software is easy/intuitive to use, the client is great. The web interface is a bit dated, could use a face lift, but we rarely use it. The client interface works well.

Jeremy W.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use, user friendly

Bewertet am 7.2.2020

Overall my experience with Splashtop has been a good one. Easy to use, user friendly, and inexpensive way to remotely access your PC from anywhere.

Ease of use- Set up is a breeze and getting support from anywhere is easy and inexpensive

It isn’t free, you do have to pay if you want to remotely access computer FROM OUTSIDE OF YOUR WIFI CONNECTION. Meaning only if you’ll want to access your computer from say...work or school. You have to pay for a subscription.

• Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Untern. Größe: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

Awesome Remote Support Tool

Bewertet am 9.12.2019

It has become our go to for tech staff working from home, and elsewhere. It is secure, has great features, and has allowed us to do necessary work and provide support outside the office.

Allows mas deployment throughout our district to securely remote assist our staff. It provides chat tools, screen selection for multiple screens, file transfer, and many more features.

The pricing model isn't ideal for a large environment like out, so we have had to restrict access to only a few technical staff members.