RotaCloud

Sortieren nach

Tamara

Excellent Product and Fantastic Customer Service

Bewertet am 8.12.2017

The ability to manage our staff more efficiently and the reporting function have really helped. Especially the bespoke reports created by Joel.

With over 1000 members of staff, and 12 different Care Homes with separate locations RotaCloud ensures that we can keep track of our employees and pay them correctly. The reporting functionality is fantastic for Finance and Operations. The import and export tool is invaluable now and saves a lot of unnecessary time. Joel and his team have really helped us to get our business where it needs to be. We wouldn't use any other reporting tool. Our staff love that they can see their expected pay on the App and the ability to swap shifts. If any training is required the team are always on hand, which is a huge reassurance, when you have so many employees to manage.

The Bank Holidays being visible on the Rota would help. All of my other problems were solved quickly, thank you cust support!

Samantha

Great Software

Bewertet am 20.6.2018

Time saving, and therefore cost saving from a wages point of view.
Much more efficient management of holiday allowances and leave requests.

This software has been great for us and moving to it, from pen and paper, was the best decision we ever made. We have most definitely saved time in both writing and administering rotas, and the app means that all the staff know when they are expected in work without being able to say they hadn't been told!

It is generally really easy to use from both a Manager and Employees point of view. The customer support is excellent, with questions being answered very quickly through the online chat facility. This is also great as it means you have a record of the conversations so if you need to refer back to something later on then you are able to do so. We manage two sites and 6 rotas in total across the business with nearly 100 employees. Being able to manage the leave through rotacloud has proven far more efficient and ensured that we are not in danger of finding ourselves at the beginning of December with a lot of holiday to make up with staff - something that seemed to happen every year historically.

There are some quirks which I would love to see ironed out. The 'Availability' function cannot cope with both ongoing requests and individual requests at the same time which is really frustrating. The majority of our crew are casual employees who have ongoing commitments as well as one off commitments so we have had to come up with a workaround to enable them to add all of their availability without the danger of some of it being missed.
It would also be useful to have an easy way to see, and reinstate, past employees. With a very transient workforce, often away at university or travelling for long periods, we don't want to keep them on the system but need to be able to reinstate them when they return. I currently do this via a link but an easier way would be better.

Maninder

Simple enough to use for the regular and basic tasks.

Bewertet am 9.12.2017

Saves time. Employees are notified via the app. Communication is much easier.

Ease of use for making changes to the rota.
Prompt and helpful attitude to customer support via the online chat.

Perhaps the 'Availability' feature. Could be more intuitive.
Mobile version of software is slow on many occasions.

Charlie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Not perfect, but pretty good

Bewertet am 4.9.2019

The cons I describe above are really small, and are 'enchancements' or dev requests more than problems. I could not run this business without RotaCloud!

Being online means I can create rotas at home or work, and the app means team can access their rotas in the way that's easiest for them. I like being able to copy a shift from one day/person to another, and being able to copy a week's shift from one week to another. The reporting is good also, enabling me to do payroll easily.

A few things are bit fiddly and could be improved.
1. having to change between publish mode and rota mode. it would be better to be able to publish a week with a button, or a right click for just one shift.
2. it is cumbersome having to create holidays in a different screen. it would be better to be able to do it from within the rota screen.
3. if I'm creating a rota for next week, and then navigate away to, say the holiday screen, when I go back to the rota screen it will go back to THIS week not the week I was editing. On more than one occasion I haven't spotted that and erroneously then edited THIS week instead!
4. it would be great to be able to include paid leave in the report so that I know to include that person's day in a pay run. At the moment, I have created a role of 'paid leave' so that their holiday hours get included in their hours for that week
5. I like being able to see how many shifts a person has for that week (ie in a row) but it would also be helpful to see how many shifts are logged for each day (ie in a column).

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad to hear that your experience with RotaCloud has been good so far.

You'll be pleased to hear that daily totals, which will include daily hours, costs and number of shifts, is coming very soon!

With regards to your other feedback, a member of the support team will be in touch directly to chat through further - a couple of the points you mentioned are already possible :)

Many thanks,
James

Nathan
  • Branche: Sport

Overall fantastic software!

Bewertet am 29.5.2020

Fantastic, as mentioned fantastic value for money and gets the job done! Some fantastic features and also the customer support service is world class.

My main pro about this software is that it is fairly straight forward to use and has lots of great features including the capacity to clock in and out, put in leave requests and generally build and manage rotes. And it is exceptionally good value for money.

I don't really have any issues only suggests of what should be added. As the business owner, manager of my company and also an employee elsewhere that uses another software similar to this there are a few features that could massively improve rotacloud. I have listed my suggestions below;
- Messaging capacity - team should be able to message each other, their department, managers etc.
- Leave feature isn't as straight forward as could be. - Team should be able to just put a days request off in and select the actual times they are requesting off whether it be 10am-5pm (college, uni) or all day as currently all leaves go on like booking in a holiday.
- PLEASE ADD A DAILY LABOUR CARD REPORT!!! - this should include two sections am and pm that shows you who is on what shift, what department and any open shifts. - I am desperate for this feature as I currently create on myself so I can easily look in front of me as to who is working when. This report should also show each team members weekly hours, overtime highlighted in red, and a summary of the daily labour costs. - LOOK at Hot Schedules as their daily labour report is fantastic.

Wendy

Excellent facility, helpful designers who will consider adding features you suggest

Bewertet am 14.8.2017

User-friendly, does a lot of the 'managing' for you, its really liked by our staff. I find the admin really easy to use either from an office or on-the-go. It is mostly reliable and the takes time and effort out of admin tasks - forward planning rotas, accurately recording holidays etc. Having a PHB meant that we had to take on the responsibility of managing 6 staff (3 full time/3 part time) to care for my disabled son around the clock. This facility is absolutely brilliant, and takes away the time-consuming role that I have now of admininistrating rostas and managing those staff. It also ensures that we run everything very professionally - but it takes away the embarrassment of saying 'no' if there are holiday clashes, staff want to swap last minute etc - as the function automatically puts in red flags when our staff try to do this. They soon get the message without us having to tell them! This would otherwise be difficult to in a situation like ours when people are working in your home, caring for your child and for parents like myself who are are not used to management of staff.

We can honestly say there there is not one single function that we don't like. The designer are very approachable and willing listen with regard to putting in new functions if you are not happy with the design.

Fantastic Rota Tool!

Bewertet am 2.3.2019

When our store was still small with no more than four employees, we created rota's using a simple excel spreadsheet and wrote down a list of holidays. However, as our company grew, this way was no longer viable. We needed a better tool to keep track of our employees shifts, past and present, any holiday's needed or any sick days taken and a way to accumulate how many hours each employee has worked. We spent a few weeks signing up to free beta app's to find the right tool for us and finally landed on RotaCloud! Unlike other app's we have tried, RotaCloud has a very simplistic user face which makes it easy for not only the Managers to use, but also the employees to view their Rota's and book holiday's. Being able to download an excel sheet of data for holidays, sick days and absences taken by employees makes performance reviews ten times easier than it used to be scrambling through bits of paper to find out who took a sick day 5 weeks earlier. Overall, I would recommend using this app above other Rota Apps as it is a value for money and makes creating the rota one less headache.

The user face is very simplistic and easy to set up an account or add a new employee. It's great that we can add multiple locations to the account as we have multiple stores across the North West, and how we can add employees to various locations rather than having to add the same employee numerous times to have their account set up at different locations (which we had to do on other apps) which makes it much easier for the employees to see when they are working as well as where they are working.

It would be helpful for the person who is managing the Rota to be able to see the weeks rota in full on the phone app (like you can on the desktop) by spinning the screen on its side as at the moment you can only see day by day and have to select the each individual day to see it all, however this isn't a major issue.

Dominic
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Invaluable tool for flexible rotas

Bewertet am 30.3.2019

RotaCloud have been great to deal with. They have great documentation, and on the rare occasion we have needed support, it has been brilliant; fast and effective.

With a mix of full time, part time and seasonal staff working across 3 locations, preparing rotas was a nightmare. Rota Cloud makes this so much easier, faster and more accurate. It is incredibly flexible and easy to use and we can prepare in minutes, making sure the rotas are fair to staff, take account of holidays and other working restrictions, and monitor our labour costs as we do so.

There are some additionas we know are on the product road map we would like to see sooner, especially a daily hours total on the weekly rotas which would help us check we have the coverage we need, and a lock on current and old rotas to prevent accidental changes. However, there is virtually nothing we don't like about it.

Ben
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The best way to plan rotas is when you don't have to stress too much. This does it all, and...

Bewertet am 29.1.2018

Staff time savings. Better attendance from staff.

This is very easy to use, intuitive and gives good feedback re staff costs. The system is very flexible, adaptable and intuitive. RotaCloud has saved our staff hours and hours of time on planning rotas.

There is nothing really about the software that I don't like except perhaps the availability / unavailability input for staff could be a little easier to use. We have found some staff struggling to get that right which then has an impact on the validity of the rota. But, it's nowhere near a deal-breaker.

Holly

Revolutionary!

Bewertet am 14.11.2017

time saving, efficient, improved communication, improved record keeping

It is a great easy to use platform that has made rota building and communicating extremely easy. our staff love it and it has removed a lot of paper from the office!

The app can be a little slow and clunky on phones. Also on my extremely old pc it does seem to slow down my web browsing speed if it is open in the background.

Alexandra
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Makes Rota Planning a Walk in the Park!

Bewertet am 1.11.2017

Saved hours of my week planning and making rota changes. Everyone always knows where they need to be and what they are doing. An operational gem.

Ease of use, for both myself and my staff. Love to be able to run reports to submit to my accountant.

No support at the weekend! I once was disconnected by accounts for a delay in paying a bill, and the whole company came to a halt, because although my payment was made, the system was not reset live until the following Monday and this created a proper operational disaster for us.

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for your great review! We are really happy that you would recommend us to others.

In regards to weekend support, at present we are a small team at RotaCloud HQ, however we are growing quickly and weekend support is something that we wish to do in the future.

I would like to apologise for your account been suspended over the weekend. We understand your frustration, we are looking to tweak this, so that any billing queries are addressed during week day business hours.

I am glad that RotaCloud has saved you time and I hope that you are a RotaCloud customer for a long time to come!

Thanks

Martin

Clare
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Very handy app. Love having all the information I need all in one place and super easy to use

Bewertet am 23.2.2018

Having all the information all in one place makes everything so easy. It has completely cut the time it take to do a rota, the lay out makes it all so straight forward. I use the staff more efficiently, instead of having 6 staff on in one day where they are not needed or not having enough staff for a day. I have been able to move them around to times when they are needed because the layout makes it very clear who is on and who you need.

Whenever I need help or have a question one of the lads will reply more or less straight away, they talk me through what I need to do.
Its great not having to go through diaries or spreadsheets trying to figure out when people are on holidays , with one click I have all the employee holidays in front of me.
I never go over my hours limit, it adds it up for me itself which saves the company I work for money.
It used to take me roughly a full day if not longer to change peoples hours around and have it all right. Then insure that all staff knew when they were working, now all they have to do is check the app once they have been notified by the app itself.
It really is a great app, and it really helped me out when I took on role of manager, I was looking for an easier way to do the rotas as it was taking to much time the way the previous manager had been doing it. I came across the app online 3 months into my role and that was over a year ago now and all the staff much prefer it this way. Its quick easy and to the point.

Maggie

Saves a lot of hassle

Bewertet am 29.8.2019

We are a small seasonal cafe with eight staff. Due to our rural location it can be a bit hit and miss with clocking in/out using a mobile phone, the onsite WiFi and 4G signal are a bit dodgy. I would recommend users to get a dedicated tablet terminal if convenient, it will certainly help us next year and overcome the need for going through timesheets manually. The staff like using it, and they can swap shifts and grab open shifts without too much burden on me. Previously I had felt like I was their social secretary!
The customer support has been very good and the free trial period was enough to make a positive decision.
I am very impressed with the product.

It's so much more than just clocking on/clocking off; I don't have the need to use the payroll part, but it is interesting to see how the wage bill pans out.
The ability to print out reports and rotas is great.
There are all sorts of manipulations that are simple to carry out to adjust a rota.
The automatically emailed reminders and messages are a great facility.
It's neat and tidy, and fairly easy to use.

I thought that it would be more helpful if the colour palette was more distinctive or wider, some of the assigned colours look very similar - which can be both good and bad depending on how you assign colours to groups, tasks or people.
I don't like how if you switch from rota view to dashboard view it automatically puts you back to the current day (if on day view rather than month).

Dominic

`Unbelievable Flexibility

Bewertet am 13.2.2017

Without any doubt Rotacloud has had the biggest positive impact of all the software we use in our small fixed/mobile coffee shop and bakery business. With 18 staff and growing, one of our most miserable and time consuming jobs, has now become quick and painless. It has given us full visibility of our wage costs, and we know exactly what the impact of changes to the rota will cost.

For us, every aspect of compiling rotas (And Payroll info), from adding staff to publishing rotas, is so much easier with Rotacloud. It is visual, flexible & powerful, and has improved Staff morale. The Rotacloud support has been superb, and any additional features we have requested have either been there already, or in the pipeline.

There are very few tools I have used that have had such a genuinely positive impact on our business.
I honestly can't recommend Rotacloud enough!

Easy to implement and Use. Flexible. Much quicker than other methods of preparing complex rotas

Cloud only - no offline mode.

Lynn

GREAT JOB IN MAKING LIFE EASY

Bewertet am 17.11.2020

GREAT

I love the ability to copy and paste weekly rota's I love the fact that I can see where my staff are when they clock in using the GPS, most of my staff work remotely in other people's home caring for them this safeguards them that staff are there providing the correct levels of care which the client are paying for, all in all its such a great system

There is no negatives this has made my life so much more easy, it allows me to manage staff , sending them tasks on their allocated shift, it allows much better communication, it safeguards my clients.... Its just BRILLIANT !!!

Terry
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Rota and staff time management can be very time consuming

Bewertet am 5.1.2021

Rotacloud team are very progressive and always looking at ways to improve and add to the service they offer. Could not recommend them enough!

Rotacloud is very clear easy to use, easy to allocate Rota's and staff leave, Staff have clear indication of they're working hours, and holiday entailment. Everything stored in one place.
Management time saving, use daily as one of our key management tools. Team at Rota cloud are always exceptionally polite and always helpful.

No dislikes, certain parts of the program are not necessary for our business, we simply utilise the parts of the program that fits our business requirement, integrates well with our staff payroll system.

Charlotte

Excellent for our business

Bewertet am 6.11.2020

Works perfectly for all areas of our business. Team love the online cloud based rota and app. Love that all Rota’s for all departments are visable easily and hours calculated. It works well with PeopleHR and pulls through holiday and other areas for absence to manage our business and salary’s well.

None really that I can think of. Software is very easy to use and functionality works at very basic level or if you are wanting to use RotaCloud to maximise all its capabilities (which we certainly don’t) would be very easy too.

Debora
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great rota system - no more spreadsheets!

Bewertet am 16.7.2019

They are very quick to reply when you have a question and very helpful and friendly - nowadays that is so rare to find with customer service.

I like how it looks and how easy it is to use overall. I also like that it automatically calculates the weekly hours although I would love to have a feature that shows me the daily hour total when I am entering the staff shifts as they change everyday. I also love the reports and the availability/unavailability feature.

As mentioned above, the fact that it does not give me the day total hours, only the weekly ones.

Hi Debora,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. You'll be pleased to hear that daily hours/cost totals will be landing in your account very soon!

James

Carl

Excellent Cloud Software!

Bewertet am 28.2.2020

Brilliant for staff to be able to request holidays.

Easy to use for management and staff and easy to set up. Great support.
I love it. It has made managing holidays much easier and has good reporting functions which I use for giving hours to Payroll.

It could do with a calendar for putting upcoming events on. There are a couple of glitches like when somebody leaves then comes back you can easily reinstate them as the systems says that the email address is already in use. However tech support sorts it very quickly so not a major issue.

Jamie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simply the best rota software around.

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

The ease of putting together a rota with it being able to display information all in one place and easily copy shifts or shift patterns. The fact it can also notify staff when there shifts are makes it much more reliable than a paper based version.

Would be nice if it could calculate the holiday allowance for a staff member without the need for accural in time management section.

Micheala
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Dental Agency use - Great product

Bewertet am 15.1.2022

Very Very good support with online support. Very quick to get back to you if a problem. Always asking for feedback and trying to add to package with new things to help business.

It is such a helpful software system. I used to use a paper diary as I couldn't afford to trust using Google diary. It's a very clever system and reasonably priced. I don't need the payroll bit just timesheet and rota's but it works very well for me.

Unable to get a signed timesheet on it but that is about it.
I run a Dental Nurse Agency which 'employs' Dental nurses on a self employed basis. So I don't need payroll.

Anita

Rotacloud review

Bewertet am 25.9.2020

Manpower planning is just easier and with the new features of adding employee files in to one place is just great

The features are so easy to use, I tell everyone who needs to use it that they literally cannot break it. It is easy to navigate and the features added are getting better and better

I always have features that I would like added and they guys are always very gracious and take my requests onboard

Rochelle

You Couldn't Possibly Want for More

Bewertet am 22.9.2018

Staff are informed instantaneously which I love. Leave applications, extra shifts, all the information including shift costs. Has saved me a lot of time and effort.

Believe me, if I love this product, then it's got to be good. Besides being fastidious about what I want out of a rota system, I'm one of those old school, long-in-the-tooth people who still believes manual systems are best! Yes, I know!!! However, the RotaCloud designers have covered all the bases. I can't imagine what else you would want. Easy to use, quick, everything you need at the click of a button, and more.

I've not found anything. Maybe there could be less line-spacing when I print out a hard copy for the noticeboard, but now I'm being really picky.

Ashley

Never look back...

Bewertet am 22.2.2021

exceptional, I wouldn't go back to our old excel based system for all the tea in China!

It's very intuitive and user friendly for the staff. It cuts down on the amount of time the staff spend trying to cover shifts too

We had to get a bespoke template made for payroll. Perhaps there could have been an easier way round it but it's done now

Kerry
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Rota Cloud is great for our business

Bewertet am 25.7.2017

Quick rota planning, holiday approval, report creation and many more
Having everything in one place on one system
Easy to see staff details

Ability to suggest changes to the system
Staff do not need to fill in a timesheet - all done on the system
Changes can be easily made and staff notified quickly
The system allows annual leave, rota planning, timesheet approval and to run specific reports, for roles, costs, sickness, etc

If you have a large staff team adding all shifts on can be difficult as you cannot see all staff in the view and have to scroll up and down
When checking staff timesheets the scroll goes back to the top each time - I have been informed however that rota cloud are improving this at present