RotaCloud

Dienstplan- und Personalverwaltung mit einer Drag-and-Drop-Schnittstelle

177 Softwareoptionen

Niall K.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent value for money. Super easy to use

Bewertet am 28.11.2018

We tried other solutions before arrive at RotaCloud and have not looked back since.
From first contact to present date I have had nothing but positive experiences with RotaCloud. The sales and technical support teams are fantastic, quick to respond and very friendly.

RotaCloud has managed to strike the illusive balance between intuitive, easy to use software, and a comprehensive level of complexity that ensures it is able to cope with teams of any size and structure without breaking a sweat. The web app has a really fresh feel and everything is very easy to find. The immense variety of settings have allowed me to tailor a bespoke rota management experience for my team with almost unsettling ease.

The phone app, while still in keeping with the fresh feel of the software, feels like a bit of an after thought. I would also like to see rules and conditions introduced (eg. always require X amount of this type of worker on this day)

Mark S.
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Staff rota's are no longer a hated task

Bewertet am 28.2.2020

Excellent. What can I say? Rota allocations are now a simply easy exercise regardless of me being in my office or enjoying a day out. I can create, edit and update a rota anywhere. The hourly tracking is a simple operation using a tablet as a keypad for clocking in and out allowing for verifying projected cost to actual cost.

The software is simple and easy to use regardless of web app, IOS or Android. You can allocate your team members and keep apprised of the operational cost of a shift, trading day, week or month. The reporting area is detailed and tailored to what you require when you require it.

I think the only area I would like to see improved would be holiday accrual. If this could show a column of accrued, used and balance for zero hour staff it would help me substantially.

monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu RotaCloud

Ease of use, simple invoicing structure, keen to implement ideas and improve the core product.
Ed W.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The best thing since sliced bread!

Bewertet am 8.11.2021

It is hands down the BEST thing we have ever decided to do, when you run a service that needs operational staff 'on the floor' you need to be able to get your rotas out to staff in the most efficient way possible and rotacloud delivers this, we manage the teams annual leave and subsequent cover shifts and also monitoring spending on casual/part time staff.

The ease of creating a rota and publishing new shifts for cover.

So far I have not come across any cons with using this product.

Rachel G.
  • Branche: Versicherung

Central Cab Care Ltd

Bewertet am 14.4.2021

It was easy to set up and for all stakeholders to use and understand. It has definitely filled a much needed gap for communicating working hours, absence management, payroll reporting and has increased the availability of management information.

The functionality to get effective information for processing payroll and support business management analysis.

It lacks a little flexibility as not all our workforce are rota-based and so functionality and reporting can be limited for parts of our workforce.

David D.
  • Branche: Tierarzt

Really impressed

Bewertet am 15.10.2021

Easy to use and implement. Simple to onboard and demo to users. Quick for administers to learn functions.

The banded pricing can mean if you are just one colleague into the higher pricing category then the price can be less cost effective

Rotageek und Deputy
Joe D.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Best Rotating System out there

Bewertet am 23.7.2020

brilliant, a rota system game changer

Rota cloud have been a massive influence on making my job easier and quicker, I've managed to run a payroll not being at an computer. i use two separate accounts one is for staff 22 user and the other is volunteer of which we have about 110 users. For both of the two accounts i manage its has been really easy for people to pick up and because i work we people with different strength almost all have pick it up straight away.

too many prompts for hot key use. .........................

Microsoft Excel und SafeShare.tv

Gründe für den Wechsel zu RotaCloud

best value and worked with us to create a great system
Luke R.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Untern. Größe: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

The Perfect Solution

Bewertet am 2.3.2021

This product has saved me so much time, covering shifts and sickness at a click of the button instead of dozens of calls.

The programme is so easy to use and set up for what I required for my department. before we used this the rotas had to be printed and when there was a change they had to be printed again. sickness then required someone going through a list of employees and phoning them to see who could cover the shift. All I do now is put the shift into Rotacloud and everyone is sent an email and when someone accepts the shift I am notified. This product saves me so much time and have access to it on my phone which enables me to deal with problems straight away.

I honestly can not answer this as I am more than happy with what this has done for me.

Noelle A.
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis

Quick & Easy

Bewertet am 4.11.2021

To be honest we can achieve maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense. It's very easy to use & the staff are always there on the chat to help in any way they can without too much of a wait. I have been using this product for a for years now & could not fault it in anyway. A great product & service

What I like most about the product is the ease of use, it does the basics and ticks all the right boxes.

None really to be fair Rota Cloud has never given me any problems.

Jamie G.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simply the best rota software around.

Bewertet am 15.6.2021

The ease of putting together a rota with it being able to display information all in one place and easily copy shifts or shift patterns. The fact it can also notify staff when there shifts are makes it much more reliable than a paper based version.

Would be nice if it could calculate the holiday allowance for a staff member without the need for accural in time management section.

Kenni C.

Don't go anywhere else

Bewertet am 7.6.2021

Great customer service, simple system to use. It really is a huge timesaver and I would recommend it to everyone.

So simple to use and any problems, there is always help at hand. Since switching to RotaCloud it has saved me countless hours of manually counting clock cards, checking leave entitlements left and creating a rota.

After 2 years I am yet to discover something I least like.

Nathan S.
  • Branche: Sport

Overall fantastic software!

Bewertet am 29.5.2020

Fantastic, as mentioned fantastic value for money and gets the job done! Some fantastic features and also the customer support service is world class.

My main pro about this software is that it is fairly straight forward to use and has lots of great features including the capacity to clock in and out, put in leave requests and generally build and manage rotes. And it is exceptionally good value for money.

I don't really have any issues only suggests of what should be added. As the business owner, manager of my company and also an employee elsewhere that uses another software similar to this there are a few features that could massively improve rotacloud. I have listed my suggestions below;
- Messaging capacity - team should be able to message each other, their department, managers etc.
- Leave feature isn't as straight forward as could be. - Team should be able to just put a days request off in and select the actual times they are requesting off whether it be 10am-5pm (college, uni) or all day as currently all leaves go on like booking in a holiday.
- PLEASE ADD A DAILY LABOUR CARD REPORT!!! - this should include two sections am and pm that shows you who is on what shift, what department and any open shifts. - I am desperate for this feature as I currently create on myself so I can easily look in front of me as to who is working when. This report should also show each team members weekly hours, overtime highlighted in red, and a summary of the daily labour costs. - LOOK at Hot Schedules as their daily labour report is fantastic.

Charlie S.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Not perfect, but pretty good

Bewertet am 4.9.2019

The cons I describe above are really small, and are 'enchancements' or dev requests more than problems. I could not run this business without RotaCloud!

Being online means I can create rotas at home or work, and the app means team can access their rotas in the way that's easiest for them. I like being able to copy a shift from one day/person to another, and being able to copy a week's shift from one week to another. The reporting is good also, enabling me to do payroll easily.

A few things are bit fiddly and could be improved.
1. having to change between publish mode and rota mode. it would be better to be able to publish a week with a button, or a right click for just one shift.
2. it is cumbersome having to create holidays in a different screen. it would be better to be able to do it from within the rota screen.
3. if I'm creating a rota for next week, and then navigate away to, say the holiday screen, when I go back to the rota screen it will go back to THIS week not the week I was editing. On more than one occasion I haven't spotted that and erroneously then edited THIS week instead!
4. it would be great to be able to include paid leave in the report so that I know to include that person's day in a pay run. At the moment, I have created a role of 'paid leave' so that their holiday hours get included in their hours for that week
5. I like being able to see how many shifts a person has for that week (ie in a row) but it would also be helpful to see how many shifts are logged for each day (ie in a column).

Antwort von Kettle & Keyboard Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for the feedback - I'm glad to hear that your experience with RotaCloud has been good so far.

You'll be pleased to hear that daily totals, which will include daily hours, costs and number of shifts, is coming very soon!

With regards to your other feedback, a member of the support team will be in touch directly to chat through further - a couple of the points you mentioned are already possible :)

Many thanks,
James

Samantha C.

Great Software

Bewertet am 20.6.2018

Time saving, and therefore cost saving from a wages point of view.
Much more efficient management of holiday allowances and leave requests.

This software has been great for us and moving to it, from pen and paper, was the best decision we ever made. We have most definitely saved time in both writing and administering rotas, and the app means that all the staff know when they are expected in work without being able to say they hadn't been told!

It is generally really easy to use from both a Manager and Employees point of view. The customer support is excellent, with questions being answered very quickly through the online chat facility. This is also great as it means you have a record of the conversations so if you need to refer back to something later on then you are able to do so. We manage two sites and 6 rotas in total across the business with nearly 100 employees. Being able to manage the leave through rotacloud has proven far more efficient and ensured that we are not in danger of finding ourselves at the beginning of December with a lot of holiday to make up with staff - something that seemed to happen every year historically.

There are some quirks which I would love to see ironed out. The 'Availability' function cannot cope with both ongoing requests and individual requests at the same time which is really frustrating. The majority of our crew are casual employees who have ongoing commitments as well as one off commitments so we have had to come up with a workaround to enable them to add all of their availability without the danger of some of it being missed.
It would also be useful to have an easy way to see, and reinstate, past employees. With a very transient workforce, often away at university or travelling for long periods, we don't want to keep them on the system but need to be able to reinstate them when they return. I currently do this via a link but an easier way would be better.

Wendy H.

Excellent facility, helpful designers who will consider adding features you suggest

Bewertet am 14.8.2017

User-friendly, does a lot of the 'managing' for you, its really liked by our staff. I find the admin really easy to use either from an office or on-the-go. It is mostly reliable and the takes time and effort out of admin tasks - forward planning rotas, accurately recording holidays etc. Having a PHB meant that we had to take on the responsibility of managing 6 staff (3 full time/3 part time) to care for my disabled son around the clock. This facility is absolutely brilliant, and takes away the time-consuming role that I have now of admininistrating rostas and managing those staff. It also ensures that we run everything very professionally - but it takes away the embarrassment of saying 'no' if there are holiday clashes, staff want to swap last minute etc - as the function automatically puts in red flags when our staff try to do this. They soon get the message without us having to tell them! This would otherwise be difficult to in a situation like ours when people are working in your home, caring for your child and for parents like myself who are are not used to management of staff.

We can honestly say there there is not one single function that we don't like. The designer are very approachable and willing listen with regard to putting in new functions if you are not happy with the design.

Dennis A.
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Transformed our rota system

Bewertet am 28.11.2019

Prior to RotaCloud we used an excel paper copy of the rota. This was 'messy' and difficult to see exactly who was working what throughout the month. By the end of the month the paper version had numerous alterations as employees have time off through sickness or other personal issues / appointments. RotaCloud allows efficient changes to be made meaning any regulatory bodies looking at rotas have a clear and concise view of events.

Time has been saved as when shifts change the system notifies all employees of availability at the home. This means that we are no longer calling round all employees which had impacted on their down time. Employees have also embraced the system using this to pick up additional shifts where they are available.

Internal monitoring has improved as the management and HR team are now able to see 'real time' data of employees working patterns as well as any HR issues. The ability to add leave onto the system means creation of rotas is now more efficient with less mistakes made as well.

The ease of use of the system and the short amount of time that is required to set up. I was able to implement the system for our company within 1 day which included inputting of the rotas 4 weeks in advance.

Employees are now able to see their shifts at any time through the mobile app or browser and are able to see any shifts which need covering. The cost of the system pays for itself purely from an administration point of view as we do not need to call round all employees for availability.

There are different price structures for different features and from our point of view it would be easier to have one price for all access.

Fantastic Rota Tool!

Bewertet am 2.3.2019

When our store was still small with no more than four employees, we created rota's using a simple excel spreadsheet and wrote down a list of holidays. However, as our company grew, this way was no longer viable. We needed a better tool to keep track of our employees shifts, past and present, any holiday's needed or any sick days taken and a way to accumulate how many hours each employee has worked. We spent a few weeks signing up to free beta app's to find the right tool for us and finally landed on RotaCloud! Unlike other app's we have tried, RotaCloud has a very simplistic user face which makes it easy for not only the Managers to use, but also the employees to view their Rota's and book holiday's. Being able to download an excel sheet of data for holidays, sick days and absences taken by employees makes performance reviews ten times easier than it used to be scrambling through bits of paper to find out who took a sick day 5 weeks earlier. Overall, I would recommend using this app above other Rota Apps as it is a value for money and makes creating the rota one less headache.

The user face is very simplistic and easy to set up an account or add a new employee. It's great that we can add multiple locations to the account as we have multiple stores across the North West, and how we can add employees to various locations rather than having to add the same employee numerous times to have their account set up at different locations (which we had to do on other apps) which makes it much easier for the employees to see when they are working as well as where they are working.

It would be helpful for the person who is managing the Rota to be able to see the weeks rota in full on the phone app (like you can on the desktop) by spinning the screen on its side as at the moment you can only see day by day and have to select the each individual day to see it all, however this isn't a major issue.

Hannah F.
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Rota's made simple

Bewertet am 4.12.2018

We have been using rota cloud for a few years now, and it has really helped our business become organised with staff rotas and has been a very easy and straight forward transition from excel spreadsheets to rota cloud. Customer service is excellent. Easy for managers and employees to use! Building a rota is so simple and time efficient.

Rota cloud is a really easy to use and straight forward app. When ever support is needed to make changes on rota cloud, the Q&A and help tool often has all the answers your looking for, however for those times where the query is more complex, the live chat service is very useful, and the team at rota cloud give very speedy responses and resolve any problems almost instantly! Excellent customer service

I have had a few problems in the past with rotacloud syncing correctly with peopleHR and the process to link the two correctly can be a little confusing if information isn't coming across from peopleHR. The reporting of employees is a basic overview and would be nice to see some more straight forward in depth reports

Alexandra F.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Makes Rota Planning a Walk in the Park!

Bewertet am 1.11.2017

Saved hours of my week planning and making rota changes. Everyone always knows where they need to be and what they are doing. An operational gem.

Ease of use, for both myself and my staff. Love to be able to run reports to submit to my accountant.

No support at the weekend! I once was disconnected by accounts for a delay in paying a bill, and the whole company came to a halt, because although my payment was made, the system was not reset live until the following Monday and this created a proper operational disaster for us.

Antwort von Kettle & Keyboard Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Alexandra,

Thank you for your great review! We are really happy that you would recommend us to others.

In regards to weekend support, at present we are a small team at RotaCloud HQ, however we are growing quickly and weekend support is something that we wish to do in the future.

I would like to apologise for your account been suspended over the weekend. We understand your frustration, we are looking to tweak this, so that any billing queries are addressed during week day business hours.

I am glad that RotaCloud has saved you time and I hope that you are a RotaCloud customer for a long time to come!

Thanks

Martin

Kathy F.
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

no more spreadsheets & post it notes!!

Bewertet am 1.3.2019

This is the first review I have taken the time to write as we are so impressed with RC. Using RC has transformed the way we work, we can now plan 6 weeks in advance and being cloud based means the system can be accessed from anywhere, staff love the app. Customer service is excellent .
Well done the RC team!

Managing a large GP practice and a standalone endoscopy unit we were struggling to inform staff of their shift patterns and find cover for annual leave and sickness. We needed to streamline the process and have easily accessible live up to date information available to staff and management in one place. Having searched online for a solution we decided to give RotaCloud a try. Prior to going live representative from RotaCloud kindly spent nearly 3 hours giving us an overview and answering all of our questions .

Being the NHS the only issue we sometimes experience is slow broadband speed, which can effect the system, however we do find it improves using Google Chrome.
The leave request system is a little clunky but the good thing about RC is that they listen to any issues and recommendations you may have and are continually adding new features.

Clare M.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Very handy app. Love having all the information I need all in one place and super easy to use

Bewertet am 23.2.2018

Having all the information all in one place makes everything so easy. It has completely cut the time it take to do a rota, the lay out makes it all so straight forward. I use the staff more efficiently, instead of having 6 staff on in one day where they are not needed or not having enough staff for a day. I have been able to move them around to times when they are needed because the layout makes it very clear who is on and who you need.

Whenever I need help or have a question one of the lads will reply more or less straight away, they talk me through what I need to do.
Its great not having to go through diaries or spreadsheets trying to figure out when people are on holidays , with one click I have all the employee holidays in front of me.
I never go over my hours limit, it adds it up for me itself which saves the company I work for money.
It used to take me roughly a full day if not longer to change peoples hours around and have it all right. Then insure that all staff knew when they were working, now all they have to do is check the app once they have been notified by the app itself.
It really is a great app, and it really helped me out when I took on role of manager, I was looking for an easier way to do the rotas as it was taking to much time the way the previous manager had been doing it. I came across the app online 3 months into my role and that was over a year ago now and all the staff much prefer it this way. Its quick easy and to the point.

Lorraine P.
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Makes my job easier

Bewertet am 2.7.2019

Really saves time for me an d the company , the reports and clocking in and out have proved extremely useful in all HR areas as well as the daily running of the company.

Speed in which I can complete the Rota, the quick way I can allocate overtime / open shifts .
The ease for the zero hours team to decline and advise, the way rota cloud helps speed up the monthly payroll due to the ease of reports available.
Any staff queries are much easier to back track and confirm or amend.

Not being able to have a banked hours additional leave allocation area.

Not being able to stop staff being able to request leave if they are near the red allocation as we use hourly leave.

having to type in the break allocation ..ie not being able to set at time and break allocation then when you type in it. Should be able to reconise.

For future memo area to be more effective. See which staff member hasnt looked ... add attachments.

Stefanie M.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Love RotaCloud!

Bewertet am 1.7.2019

Great! Really recommend RotaCloud and when I've looked at other rota options in the past out of interest they have paled in comparison!

I have used RotaCloud for my team for the past 4 years. It is easy to use as a user, and a dream for Managers when scheduling. It's clear, simple and I like the interface. I also like that the whole team can download the app. I find the dashboard a good way to get an overview of what a drafted week looks like before publishing, and it's great to be able to easily plan out weeks and make changes.

We don't need to use the clocking software, and there's a few suggestions I'd have. Eg it would be great to be able to add sickness, holiday or other leave directly from the rota section, as opposed to having to do it individually on the leave section.

Dominic M.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Invaluable tool for flexible rotas

Bewertet am 30.3.2019

RotaCloud have been great to deal with. They have great documentation, and on the rare occasion we have needed support, it has been brilliant; fast and effective.

With a mix of full time, part time and seasonal staff working across 3 locations, preparing rotas was a nightmare. Rota Cloud makes this so much easier, faster and more accurate. It is incredibly flexible and easy to use and we can prepare in minutes, making sure the rotas are fair to staff, take account of holidays and other working restrictions, and monitor our labour costs as we do so.

There are some additionas we know are on the product road map we would like to see sooner, especially a daily hours total on the weekly rotas which would help us check we have the coverage we need, and a lock on current and old rotas to prevent accidental changes. However, there is virtually nothing we don't like about it.

Maggie W.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Saves a lot of hassle

Bewertet am 29.8.2019

We are a small seasonal cafe with eight staff. Due to our rural location it can be a bit hit and miss with clocking in/out using a mobile phone, the onsite WiFi and 4G signal are a bit dodgy. I would recommend users to get a dedicated tablet terminal if convenient, it will certainly help us next year and overcome the need for going through timesheets manually. The staff like using it, and they can swap shifts and grab open shifts without too much burden on me. Previously I had felt like I was their social secretary!
The customer support has been very good and the free trial period was enough to make a positive decision.
I am very impressed with the product.

It's so much more than just clocking on/clocking off; I don't have the need to use the payroll part, but it is interesting to see how the wage bill pans out.
The ability to print out reports and rotas is great.
There are all sorts of manipulations that are simple to carry out to adjust a rota.
The automatically emailed reminders and messages are a great facility.
It's neat and tidy, and fairly easy to use.

I thought that it would be more helpful if the colour palette was more distinctive or wider, some of the assigned colours look very similar - which can be both good and bad depending on how you assign colours to groups, tasks or people.
I don't like how if you switch from rota view to dashboard view it automatically puts you back to the current day (if on day view rather than month).

Simon G.
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The best decision we ever made with the roster!

Bewertet am 1.8.2017

Time and money saved

I looked at many different types of rostering software and Rotacloud looked like it fitted the bill. I have been so impressed with the functionality. It is easy to use and has some great features. The support is excellent and they reply almost instantly. They are very responsive if you request new features and are always looking to develop the product. I cannot recommend them enough and personally it has saved us hours of management time, in effect leading to a cost saving for the business. We also rolled out Rotacloud to other divisions within our group as it was so successful in our business.

I would struggle to give any negative feedback on this product. I cannot think of any problems I have had that they haven't rectified immediately.