Google Data Studio Erfahrungen

Neels
Neels

Amazing Value At No Cost

Bewertet am 5.8.2022

Before DataStudio I had to prepare dashboards and reports in spreadsheets and documents and compile the raw data into reports in a manual way.
I saved a tremendous amount of time by setting up the data flows and report/dashboard structures once in DataStudio and then just scheduling regular reports to go out automatically

The most impactful features of DataStudio are the wide range of visualizations you have access to in order to present your data in the most engaging and insightful way. Coupled with the wide range of data connectors that are available natively and also third-party connectors, which expands the scope widely.
Once you have understood the overall way of working, the tool is very easy to use. There are lots of training videos available and lots of support available over the internet, in case you get stuck.
Integration into my business practises was easy because of the flexibility in data input sources. If a specific connector does not exist, then you can always fall back on file imports.

The most important missing feature for me personally is a native (free) data connector to Facebook Ads. One has free access to all the Google platforms and I have a constant struggle to get a decent data connector to Facebook ad platform data.
One improvement that I suggest is to add the functionality to do processing on calculated fields to do for instance 7-day moving average calculations on the platform itself. Now I have to do those calculations on a Google Sheet first and then import the results into the DataStudo reports. Or even make that a built-in function?

Hany
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung

Easy to use Data Analysis Application

Bewertet am 29.4.2023

Google Looker Studio ( formerly Google Data Studio ) allows my team members to access and create analytical reports and share them with stakeholders and teammates. It helps my team visualize performance reports and run simple ad-hoc analyses. The service enhances our productivity and improves the information workflow internally over the company and externally with our clients.

Google Looker Studio ( formerly Google Data Studio ) is easy to use and has an intuitive user interface that allows the average user to create and consume reports and dashboards. It integrates seamlessly with google analytics and workspace applications like Sheets, docs, and Google Drive. It facilitates self-service data analysis and business intelligence practices.

Google Looker Studio ( formerly Google Data Studio ) has a relatively slow performance and limited features regarding data connectors and visualization. Although the paid version has advanced features, it comes at a high cost with more difficulties and barriers to scale.

Tableau

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

The service suits our small-sized data workflows and is considered one of the easiest-to-use business intelligence applications. It's quick to start and requires minimal training for new users as long as we use it on a limited scale.
Bart
Bart
  • Branche: Marktforschung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A great solution for non-essential dashboarding solutions

Bewertet am 21.9.2020

We loved using it for some reasons, we hated to leave (as we had to do a lot of work all over again). But we are happy we pushed through.

1) Simple to use
It is easy to use. Drag & drop, add texts, connect sources, ... It all works like a charm.

2) Free
It is free to use. Connect your account and you're good to go. The downside: you're on your own...

3) Visual freedom
As opposed to other solutions we (currently) use, Google offers by far more flexibility in terms of creating something that is visually exactly what you want.

1) What security?
We used google data studio to embed dashboards in our own SAAS solution. As embedding only works with 'open access' documents, it means that you open up your dashboard to the world (provided they know the URL). It is not the security we like.

2) Lack of roadmap impact & customer support
As one of the many free users, we have no impact on how the product evolves over time. Customer support is a matter of googling your way around and finding a community response rather than an official spokes persons' help.

3) Speed... Or the opposite rather: slooooowness
No matter how happy we are about Google's Cloud Platform solution, Data studio is sloooow.

Qlik Sense und Tableau

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

Pricing. We were a bootstrapped startup, qlick & tableau were too expensive for us.
Mike
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

If you want data in Dashboard from all the Google tools and many others then GDS is for you

Bewertet am 20.12.2022

Overall, my experience with Google Data Studio has been phenomenal. I'm able to easily manage and visualize all my data in one place. It's incredibly user friendly, and I'm able to customize my dashboards for different projects. The reporting capabilities are really helpful and allow me to quickly access insights that would take much longer with manual methods. Plus, the integration with other Google products makes it simple to create a comprehensive view of everything. Highly recommended!

I really like Google Data Studio as a long time user. It's really easy to use and it has an intuitive interface. I love that it integrates with other data sources like BigQuery, Google Ads, and Google Analytics so I can easily visualize my data in one place. The drag and drop feature makes it simple for me to customize my reports and dashboards however I want. Plus, the ability to collaborate with others on the same report is incredibly helpful.

I found the interface to be confusing and not very intuitive. It was difficult to figure out how to use the platform without taking some time to watch the tutorials. I also found it difficult to customize visualizations and create reports that were easy to understand. Overall, I found using Google Data Studio challenging, and would have preferred a more user-friendly experience.But for the price "FREE" and plenty of video's and ready to use templates this tool still wins for me.

Luis
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

Data Studio for a Data Engineer

Bewertet am 6.9.2022

I currently work in the area of data engineering, and it helps me a lot, we do analyses, we do QA of the applications, the integration with firebase, bigquery and analytics is great, so we can build processes that validate our data, and detect any anomaly in time

I love the integration with bigquery, as I already mentioned our data warehouse is there, we can build dashboards, reports, corrections, validations in minutes

it has a limited number of graphs, and deploying it is quite slow, also share it, I would like there to be more possibilities to filter by data

Qlik Sense und Tableau

Warum Google Data Studio gewählt wurde

when I made that change, using tableau, I felt in the 80`s, a software with old interfaces

Tableau

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

they are quite expensive and their connectors are very limited
Brent
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Reporting that is powerful enough for most, and affordable for all

Bewertet am 7.6.2022

Data Studio has really improved over the last year or two. It's much more stable than it used to be, and is more in depth. As a small agency, I haven't found much that is missing.

Outside of setting up integrations and data sources and then creating the dashboard connections, the rest is fairly simple to set up. Customizing a dashboard is easy, and sorting data is easy once you do a couple and learn the dimensions of how data is displayed.

Having a free dashboard and reporting tool that integrates directly with other Google products is awesome.

I love that it's a tool directly from the same company where I get most of my data already. I use Google Analytics and Google Ads heavily in my business, so it's awesome to have a data analysis and reporting tool that has stable connections to both of these. Being able to integrate both, and other integrations into the same dashboard is a big plus.

And the depth of features has really gotten pretty large over the last couple of years. Unless you need extremely advanced calculations and reporting, Data Studio will probably suit your needs. The ability to sort your data and fine-tune exactly how metrics are displayed is cool.

It doesn't hurt that Data Studio is free! These kinds of tools are often very expensive, but Data Studio allows smaller studios like mine to get in the game for little to no investment.

It's a bit of a pain to get set up, and to fully integrate. The documentation, while large, is not easy to follow in my opinion.

Adding a data source and then creating a dashboard using a specific source can be a little hit and miss. It shouldn't take 3 or 4 screens of options to tell my dashboard that I want to get data from a specific source. Once you get past it, it's fine. But setting up a new dashboard, and organizing dashboards, is cumbersome.

Zoho Analytics

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

Data Studio is free. Zoho Analytics is more robust overall, but also comes with a higher cost, and a higher learning curve.
Ben
  • Branche: Biotechnologie

User Friendly Data Dashboards

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

A big fan! It's missing a few features, and I've noticed a few bugs here and there. But all the bugs I've ran into have been manageable with easy workarounds. But this is a FREE platform and it have more key features than a majority of these paid data platforms.

Extremely user friendly. Setting up the dashboards was simple. You have control over almost every detail, including the layout and design. This is unlike many data platforms I've used in the past. ALMOST everything is totally customizable. This brings in all your Google/Youtube data automatically (including Google Sheets/docs). It also lets your bring in images, links, and other assets. You can change the data range filter easily for all metrics. The dashboard also is easily shareable to all team members and you can export the dashboard to a PDF.

The connectivity to other platforms is disappointing. In order to automatically bring in your social media data or data from other sources (such as digital advertising or 1st party ecommerce data) you need to purchase a "connector". However, there are ways around this if you export your data from your other sources and just put this in a Google Sheet and connect that sheet to your Google Data Studio.

Anastasios
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for reporting and dashboards

Bewertet am 4.1.2023

Great product for live dashboards. Great functionality and connectivity! Definitely recommended.

Great range of data source to connect to your dashboard! The filter functionality is good. Customised and great range of graphs. Easy to merge different data sources. It is a real live dashboard and you can modify the refresh rate of the data harvesting.

A bit slow and requires a very good graphics card in your computer to run smoothly, especially when you plan to build a multipage dashboard. Missing some more advanced graphs. Learning curve might be a bit steep in the beginning.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

We use different tools for different purposes
Jakub

Dashboards for your clients

Bewertet am 19.7.2022

We were using custom reporting forms for our client work but struggled with the currentness of data and new colleagues always needed a lesson or two in understanding where to get data from, how to clean it and how to import it.
Once we started to setup GDS all these things went away. The initial period was the setup of the connectors and report templates, but after that the invested time payed off well.

Creating reports can be a task which requires a lot of steps and gathering of data from all sort of sources in different formats. Putting the data together in a way that is understadable for client or basically anyone else is a task where Google Data Studio comes in and does just that. Without any hassle - data gets inside the studio and can be vizualised, cross-referenced and presented to anyone without technical knowledge.

Sometimes you need a special data from an exotic service which means either going back to basics and side-loading some exported data or writing own connector or buying access to a connector. And the system can get slow.

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

We used a proprietary reporting solution which was hard to maintain.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great tool to have all your KPIs for the company

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

Simple to use as and end user and (mostly) simple to set up.

If you dont have the proper knowledge it might be a difficult task.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

It was cheaper and most of our info came from google anyways.
Natalia
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Our experience using GDS

Bewertet am 6.10.2021

We have a lot of employees, and we cannot give them all payed users of a software to visualize our indicators and processes results. When we test the software for the first time, we cannot imagine all the possibilities for free that we had in front of us. We had a very fast learning curve, and it was only a matter of months before various departments were already implementing their own dashboards. We love that we can edit several people on the same dashboard without problems.

To have a tool that give to you the opportunity to develop a complete dashboard is amazing, and the fact that that tool is free, is awesome.
I really enjoy that GDS is really easy to use, I learn by myself and seeking videos on the internet. It is a very intuitive application, so you might not know anything about data visualization and you could still use it without problem.
I really like that the Google apps have very similar edit pages, so if you have ever used Google Forms, you are going to find GDS very familiar.

I find this software very useful, but there is one thing that I want they to improve, if there is the possibility. The connection with Microsoft Office, for example: Microsoft Excel. If you want to make a dashboard on GDS, you have to pass your data to google sheets, and you lost a lot of features that Excel gives to you. There is a way to do it by using python, but, if you want to preserve the fact that this software is really easy to use, so, it is not a solution to this problem.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

We are using both of them, but we choose Data Studio becaus eit is userfriendly, it is very intuitive, and it is free.
Noam

A Comprehensive Review of Google Data Studio

Bewertet am 24.1.2023

Overall, I am very pleased with Google Data Studio. It is an excellent data analysis and visualization tool that is easy to use and provides powerful features.

Google Data Studio is an intuitive and powerful tool for data analysis and visualization. It is easy to use, even for those who are unfamiliar with data analysis. It allows you to quickly create beautiful and informative charts, diagrams, and maps to help you better understand your data.

One downside of Google Data Studio is that it can be quite complex and difficult to use for more advanced data analysis. It also lacks some features that are available in other data analysis tools.

Timmy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter

Build web dashboards and interfaces for internal or external use with professionalism and ease.

Bewertet am 19.4.2021

Making a dashboard for our team to use internally was so fun and intuitive, we developed a customer-facing dashboard that allows users to make exciting visualizations of their data. This has led to a broader "understanding," as well as more engagement in this project from users and developers alike.

I loved the fact that there are templates for interactive web page dashboards that help shortcut visualizations and common display formats for data. Other websites either lock you into a boring template or expect users/devs to reinvent the wheel. This allowed me to build momentum quickly.

I was not a fan of the additional charges for data connecters. Data from large social media sites or professional websites is often stuck behind a paywall, which is a bit aggravating.

JS
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

BEST Data Visualization Tool

Bewertet am 13.7.2021

Data Studio is an incredible tool! It is intuitive to use and I prefer it to other data visualization software on the market.

Data Studio integrates seamlessly into the Google App Suite which happen to integrate with most platforms itself.

A lot of the data connection functionality comes from apps that have premium features that you have to pay for.

Warum Google Data Studio gewählt wurde

We opted to use Google for our business software needs and Data Studio integrates seamlessly.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

Google has built products that integrate across nearly all platforms. Having a data tool built on Google's universality makes it easy to build an actual dashboard instead of focusing on the data itself.
Katherine
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

One of the Best Data Visualization Tools

Bewertet am 6.11.2021

It has been a satisfactorily experience, I do believe there is a lot more we can do with the platform that we haven't explored as of now, but this tool will help to visualize more data from different sources and hopefully we'll it will turn into the platform that you can host different datasources.

It's one of the easiest data visualization platform tools and super accesible to use right away. You do have to have some basic knowledge and then it's a matter of practice and playing with the different filters, sources, to accomplish the dashboard that will meet your teams goals.

Once you have created the dashboard and you access it in the preview, or when you share it with your team, since its pulling the data from big datasources, it takes a long time to finally load.

Power BI Connector for Jira

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

We already have our organizational email platform with Microsoft 365, hence we use Teams and PowerBI as an app, but Sometimes it's very cumbersome to use.
Sasamka
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter

Data Studio is awesome

Bewertet am 3.6.2020

Data Studio is an awesome tool to visualize your data
We can get easy and reliable insights quickly...

Data Studio is an awesome tool to visualize your data
We can get easy and reliable insights quickly on the Big data that we currently have in BigQuery
We are able to make insightful decisions based on data because of Data Studio

Ability to integrate with Big Query
Different charts that are available
ability to customize based on dates

Not user friendly initially
has a learning curve to get used to all the awesome features

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very powerfull tool for reporting & dashboards: does its job

Bewertet am 31.7.2023

I Like and recommend Google Data Studio for live dashboards and easy to set and easy to use.

Google Data Studio provides a great option for creating dashboards: basic and advanced data.Connection to wide range sources (Google Analytics / Google Analytics 360, Google Sheets etc).Easy to use.

From time to time its a bit slow.Complex connection of less widespread systems, and it is therefore necessary to either buy an external connector or deal with a backbreaking connection.

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Google Data Studio

Free to use and easier to setup.
Shahzad
Shahzad

Google Data Studio is great BI Tool only if you're looking for Free

Bewertet am 9.6.2022

If you're main motive of this tool is to create Dashboards and visualize the data and don't want to spend anything extra with few marketing channels then this is a Good fit for you as it does everything but like Every Free tools has it own limitation and the One Limitation is that you are bound to make purchase of the connector if you want to capture the data from Marketing Channels other than Google.

- Easy to use along with Live Updates of the Metrics from multiple marketing channels which makes the only BI tool to do so. There are other Paid Tools available but they don't provide live updates in metrics.
- Their Easy to Add Custom Calculated Dimensions & Metrics with easy formulas make it easier to work on for a Newbie

- Their UI/UX is not that responsive and users faces issues when using Data Studio which sometime leads to unwanted changes in the Reporting.
- Free Connectors are only available for Google Products only and if you want to use or capture other channel data you need to make purchase of the Connectors.
- You can only make One Sided relationships between multiple data sets which is a major disadvantage.

• Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

A free and excellent visual data tool

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

Overall, it's fairly easy to manipulate dashboards and see specific data. When building dashboards from scratch, it can be a bit time consuming, especially when first getting started. I've found that finding templates and copying how data is pulled makes setting up new dashboards much faster.

Besides the FREE price point, it's fairly easy to get started using pre-made data templates. Templates are customizable or you can build your own dashboards to filter and see the exact information you'd like. It connects natively with all of Google's products (Analytics, BigQuery, Optimize, Ads, Sheets) making it easy to get data from multiple sources.

Dashboards can sometimes be slow to load since data is pulled in real-time. If you're new to DS, it can take some searching to get the data into the dashboard that you want. Once you understand where and how to find things, it's fairly simple to build off of that.

Shruti
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Google Data Studio: Pretty Awesome

Bewertet am 24.7.2019

This for me is a phenomenal product. Since I have found this, I've introduced it to multiple people at work. This has been very helpful in depicting data in a simple and easy way to variety of audiences. I wish they advertised it better.

1. It is free
2. It connects to your Google account
3. It can connect to a whole variety of data sources, I have been using several Google spreadsheets
4. The ease of inserting a table, a graph, scorecard, heatmap etc
5. It is visually pleasing
6. It can serve as a live dashboard with custom and malleable date ranges
7. It allows you to easily switch around different chart versions
8. You can embed a Google spreadsheet! and scroll through the live Data Studio file!
9. All sorts of sharing settings
10. Can also download as a static PDF file
11. They have a basic training online, and there is a world of articles and youtube videos to help you
12. You can create new fields, rename them etc

1. You have to link by tab for each spreadsheet, which is tedious. It would be nice to be able to link multiple tabs and spreadsheets at once.
2. There is no option for an automatic refresh if there is a change in the base file -- you have to go to View and hit refresh (not intuitive either).
3. The legend text often gets hidden and is not easy to resize and move around.
4. I couldn't find any option for inserting headers or page numbers automatically.

• Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A lot more than analytics

Bewertet am 14.1.2023

From using it to show google analytics reports to use it to show even cashflow scenarios.

Datastudio is an incredibly powerful data analytics tool. It's so much more than just a tool for Google Analytics dashboards: it allows you to quickly create stunning visualizations, set up automated reports and monitor key performance indicators in real-time when connected with simple data sources as google sheets. If I need to analyze complex datasets and share meaningful insights quickly, I use it.

When it comes to create particular data cards, it is handy to use pre-calculated values. Wich can be tricky!

Nik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best free BI dashboarding tool

Bewertet am 18.12.2018

GDS is free and that is its greatest strength. It connects easily to Google services, and supports a smattering of other data sources. It is easy to use and has some power under the hood that isn't obvious at first blush, especially with recent updates that permit better data aggregation and transformation.

It is very good for relatively simple dashboards, but if you are looking for larger scale "enterprise" tools or want more flexibility in data management, it's probably not a good fit. Maintenance of dashboards is highly manual and it is nearly impossible to create template reports or duplicate them for other similar data sources.

Camila

Fulfills the purpose

Bewertet am 7.3.2023

I see that it is a tool that fulfills what it proposes to do, it allows very easy integrations, it is easy to manage and organize data, it allows the visualization of dashboards and the management of sharing is easy.

In terms of building dashboards, it could have more features that would allow customizing dashboards for a more visual build. I feel that there are still few resources for this front.

Bryan

Google Data Studio For Marketing Reports

Bewertet am 8.12.2023

Google Data Studio is free and pretty easily connects to all of the Google platforms that we use when reporting to clients.

We had a few issues with the reports not loading properly when downloaded as a PDF (Blank pages when there should have been data) and the only solution that we have found is repeatedly downloading and/or waiting a few hours to try again.

Varsha
Varsha

Data Visualization - Automatic Report - Multiple Source - Custom Dashboard

Bewertet am 5.8.2022

my overall experience is really great, it saves my lot of time by creating a report one time and add any other feature later on whenever is required.

I like this tool very much because of few advanced feature like- data add on from multiple resources like google analytics, adwords, search console, Google Sheet, Big Query, MySql, Google Survey, Youtube Analytics, Custom File Upload and etc. Few more other to create custom dashboard as per requirement. Do automation share report on email. It's very useful to create advance data visualization report. Also the filtration of record as per date we select is a global feature to add in report always on a same URL.

there's nothing to dislike or less like. There's possibility to add more add on related to example worksheet for marketing templates, sales and project analysis.