Splunk Enterprise Erfahrungen

Idaly
Idaly
  • Branche: Halbleiter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Powerful SIEM system that meets our expectations.

Bewertet am 1.2.2023

We are using Splunk Enterprise for log correlation, the analytics are accurate and it catches errors right away which improves our internal capabilities, it is a special service that collects data from different data sources very accurately to catch future issues, the reports are detailed and understandable. It has features that streamline manual work, improve our security and our protection in our IT infrastructure.

I really like the platform, the data collection is ideal and the reports are detailed, it is the most appropriate SIEM service to monitor our IT infrastructure, it is an ideal software to take preventive measures, it is easy to customize the dashboards, the monitoring is constant and it gives us security in real time, the alerts are accurate and it helps us understand what is happening and fix it before it becomes serious.

It is a somewhat expensive service but with more powerful features than other free SIEM systems, and it is a bit complex to set up and use for inexperienced users, so a lot of help should be sought from experienced staff and support team at first.

Avinash
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit

Splunk - Onestop Log Management & Forensics

Bewertet am 17.4.2021

Overall i like the product but as the user base grows the logs grows too. This busts the limits of the licensing.
We need to keep on doing housekeeping to ensure that our license limits is not crossed.

The ablitity to configure and tweak the use cases. Building Intelligence into forensics. The AI feature is gud but needs more enhancements.

The log management needs to be efficient , If the auditing logs is enabled then a huge influx of logs are pumed into splunk but no meaningful meaning can be derived.

FortiClient

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Splunk Enterprise

Splunk is a one whole package with features like AI & Forensics and also keeps you updated with the latest and newest threats..
Nav
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Currently using this diagnostic tool for log analysis

Bewertet am 14.3.2018

Overall a decent product.

Overall a decent product.

- Ability to search logs across processes and services
- Ability to develop dashboards to Monitor critical metrics
- Ability to set up alerts based on threshold values

- Need to regex well in order to use the tool to its full ability
- Ability to extract values out of the log statements could be simpler
- Alerts usually end up being over alerting or false alerts.

kartik
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Best Siem solution in market.

Bewertet am 4.10.2022

Overall experience is amazing, we are happy with this software as it can ingest any form of data and generate alerts quite swiftly.

Easy to install agents on servers, it can parse any form of data easily, Splunk can detect anomalies quite easily and the UBEA feature is amazing.

The cost of this solution is high, and customer service is bad. Apart from that Splunk SPL language is difficult to learn.

Ariev
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Aneeded for the industry on the basic to the best role.

Bewertet am 21.8.2022

It's a great tool and used for many years to come.

It's a great tool and used for many years to come.

Real time use. The ingestion of data and more.

Nothing yet.. maybe performance at times.

IBM Security QRadar

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Splunk Enterprise

Better for the industry and real time use. More expensive.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

nice tool with functionality for everyone

Bewertet am 12.2.2024

very good tool to see your logging and get alerts when something is wrong.

very good tool to see your logging and get alerts when something is wrong.

Splunk is easy to use, also non technical persons can also use and create their dashboards. Easy to implement and very easy to use the query language, the documentation is also sufficient

We cannot setup the alerts for realtime. we only us it for logging and not for metrics. the maintenance of the dashboards are very time offering.

Surabhi
Surabhi
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

One of the best monitoring solutions for different platform.

Bewertet am 29.11.2022

Best tracking and data analysis tool which help to monitor and manage the server and system component in very effective way. Real time Visualization helps to take the quick decision so that desired action can be taken to avoid failure.Best data collection in the forms of log and which helps to define the best set of automation jobs to fix the issue.

There are few components or observation like,1. most of the time observes the slowness in the performance.2. Sometime observe the delay in the issue or updated log reflection on the portal. 3. Need more storage to manage and maintain the lo g which impact organizational costing and budget.

Mark
Mark
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Excellent logging and troubleshooting tool

Bewertet am 8.11.2018

As a software quality assurance engineer, I love that I can setup a single dashboard where I can then view the same data from any lane I select from a dropdown. If I see a problem in the Test lane, I can quickly check all of the other lanes for the same issue by simply changing the dropdown value.

Splunk can give you extreme insights into how your systems and software are functioning. Not only is the search very flexible and powerful, the customizable dashboards give a status report at a glance into trends, problems and performance. You can also set up email alerts when errors occur limiting the need to have Splunk opened on your machine all the time.

Splunk has a learning curve. They have extensive documentation but it isn't intuitive and some features are buried pretty deep. We have an onsite expert who holds bimonthly meetings to answer questions in a group forum.

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

really true nice monitoring tool if its nice implemented

Bewertet am 20.10.2023

For me it is a very good experience. It is necessary to develop a good implementation of IT INC Management

It helped me enormously in my job as IT INC Management including detailed reports and alerting any necessary information.

It has a somewhat complex paring curve and there are no simple tutorials or parallel design of tutorials for new managers

• Branche: Bankwesen

Splunk for Enterprise

Bewertet am 11.11.2023

A very helpful product that can improve your way to do business intelligence and forecasting.

Data visualization is very clear and easy to use.

The possible to share with many people data and dashboards.

• Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

An excellent SIEM at a low cost

Bewertet am 1.2.2023

We have many programs that measure the performance and quality of the operation, of the production in chevron, I think it is important that they give extra barriers to what we do and splunk is an optimal collaborator so that we can track all these programs and not get intrusions through the network.

It is a very subtle program, when generating the setup it is not necessary to have a great knowledge of programming to install it, but to solve some configuration errors, when you start what I like the most is that you start from day one to organize your applications, then From that you can easily configure cybersecurity for each program, I particularly like the monitoring of data programs and that the program alerts you with notifications so that you see errors that sometimes jumps in the program.

What I don't like and I see that it is something widespread is that it has very poor support in technical help, I think that the old technical support collaborators have left and people who are not so qualified have arrived to answer the tickets.For my part it is not a big problem since I am a researcher and with the information that is on the splunk website it is enough for me to generate the resolutions of problems.

devaun

Query your log statements for your production apps in REAL TIME to triage and monitor...

Bewertet am 2.2.2018

XRAY vision on your production instances. Every day we code our applications so that we will be splunk friendly with our app log statements. For example "featureX=value" allows you to query for every customer that engaged with featureX.

Splunk allows us to see exactly what is going on in production! I work on commerce for a fortune 100 company, and we use Splunk to monitor our apps in real time. Splunk gives you the ability to perform queries like you would with SQL against your log statements in real time. You will learn that you can place strategic log statements in your code that allows you to identify situations in production and be proactive at solving them. For example, you can log your customer's session cookie ID, and track any given customer's activity on your website via your app logs. It gives you dials and charting capabilities to monitor even the slightest drops in customer activities due to flaws in code or slowing network calls.

PRICE. The software is so powerful, and they seem to leverage this in the pricing of the licenses.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

Best friend for debugging

Bewertet am 13.10.2022

Splunk basically makes debugging and monitoring easier and touch less. I can easily debug by starring the rolling logs from different instances in single screen.
I can monitor multiple components and multiple metrics, without running commands manually with custom plugins.

Splunk comes with lot of in-built templates for each and every feature like log visualisation, dashboarding, traces,etc This makes the developers life lot easier. I can't think of any other logging tool that is snappy as well as accurate.
I love the fact how easily I can plug it in my docker-compose to push container logs.

Even though, it offers numerous features for different needs, each feature has its own learning curve. For instance log visualisation needs querying skills, which may be in natural language but it takes bit of time to get familiar.

David
David
  • Branche: Unterhaltung

Offers more than you think

Bewertet am 7.2.2018

We've used the software to detect layer 7 attacks, unearth issues we didn't realize were happening and gives us end to end insight into our stack.

The system is highly intuitive to use. It is faster than other solutions I've used on the market and has a huge library of 3rd party plugins to get more from the system. It is easy to create scheduled searches, dashboards, reports etc. but there are a number of additional plugins (at an extra cost) to help with security, single pane of glass and metric collection.

It offers challenges for a decentralized working model. Where Splunk is centrally managed, it is easy to ensure that best practices are maintained. Where the system is opened up for an entire department to utilize and on-board their logs, it becomes more difficult. However, with some creative thinking and good process, this issue can be overcome.

Frank
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Doing setup redundant servers without Splunk

Bewertet am 20.12.2020

Saved my a$$ many times. In a multi-server environment, if you don't have Splunk or something like it, it will be a nightmare to try and coordinate the various log files involved.

Several of our applications are distributed across multiple systems. It is the same software running on each server but doing the same job for different users. Each server would generate its own log files. When things went wrong, we used Splunk to be able to see what was going on on each server. Click a few buttons and you get two logs from two different servers listed together coordinated by time. But that leads you to discover that the issue came from a separate upstream or downstream server, then bring in those logs too . . . all coordinated by time. Don't get me wrong, the IT guys love these tools for their own enterprise reasons, but as a server stack developer, this was a resource I used OFTEN.

I never fully grokked their SQL like language. I could do basic things daily without issue. However, I often had to hit the documentation to do anything more than a simple "find this" query.

mitchelle
mitchelle
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter

The best tool for log collection and analysis.

Bewertet am 11.9.2022

Splunk enterprise has improved our IT security through collection of logs. It centralizes large amounts of log data and efficiently manages it. We use it for analyzing the collected logs and report on metrics found from the logs.

Through its robust log analysis and ability to collect data from different sources, we can easily perform analysis on various data and predict any future operational hazards. Splunk enterprise efficiently monitors our log activities and and gives results to any queries at faster speed than most SIEM tools.

The searches can be complex at times and the messages on query errors aren't always specific.

Alex
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Excellent product

Bewertet am 15.2.2022

It is an easy to use solution, the implementation is a bit more difficult.

So far, this is a good solution that I use every day.

IBM Security QRadar
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Number 1 SIEM

Bewertet am 18.9.2022

I was very happy with splunk and I suggest it to everyone

I was very happy with splunk and I suggest it to everyone

I think Splunk is first and best software in the field, easy to use, does what it had promised,

pricing could be better, they could be more flexible, support is a bit slow

A tool that every sys admin needs to have

Bewertet am 14.2.2018

I'm not sure from where to start in this case.

We use splunk for many things but mostly to analyze the traffic on the network / firewalls. It provides us with a nice overview of what's going on. It makes it very easy to spot spikes on the network and it will provide you also with deep analyzes.

For us it's an indispensable tool, probably the best tool we have.

To search for something is not always easy, however there are a lot of forums online, so finding help is not that difficult.

• Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

Splunk is a lifesaver!

Bewertet am 7.1.2023

It’s been wonderful. I was able to take most of my forwarded lambdas and charts them to watch duration and throughput. Notifications and alerts let me know if things are out of whack. Such a relief to know Splunk is watching my back!

If you need real-time grokking into your infrastructure, look no further than Splunk. I love love love the dashboards. It’s easy to tell a story with your data, and the live search is so FAST!

SPL is a little hard to get used to, but once you get the hang of it, it’s not so bad. I recommend downloading their community edition for some great examples of queries and dashboards.

Biswajit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

This is the tool every devops should have expertise on!

Bewertet am 18.1.2018

Made life easier for all SRE/DevOps oncall.

Made life easier for all SRE/DevOps oncall.

First of all you don't need to login to your servers. Just configure splunk forwarder on all of your server and have peace of mind. During outages you dont have to panic and just rely on Splunk and be sure that you will have your root cause visible in splunk.

Kernel huge page issues, Search head clustering, Index clusetering. These features are as good as costly too. For SHC and IC it does need all same config hosts.

yuval
  • Branche: Bankwesen

Best SIEM out there.

Bewertet am 8.1.2024

I used a lot of SIEMs in my career,
Splunk is the best one out there.
Comfortable, Easy to use, Great big data platform.

Easy to use, versatile, A lot of options, dashboards

• Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Excellent product

Bewertet am 25.7.2020

I have worked with dozens of companies to implement Splunk. My experiences have bee overwhelming positive.

When you need to store, correlate, and search large amounts of data, especially System Log data, there is no tool that even comes close to Splunk. It's power and flexibility is amazing.

Very expensive. Difficult to implement until all moving parts are understood. Steep learning curve for beginners.

Parth
Parth
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

Monitoring Tool Splunk

Bewertet am 4.12.2021

With Splunk anything identified with the application backend logs and observing, it's extremely suitable to utilize, in light of which we can make different dashboards. For server Monitoring, Splunk logs are not exceptionally accommodating. It totally depends on log explanations, assuming articulation isn't organized in standard organization, and it gives mistaken outcomes.

Splunk Light is ideal for independent on-premise organization.
Augment endpoint logging.
Can find and store logs from a wide range of resources.
Customization of dashboards.
Making applications dependent on your requirements.

Complex generally design.
Long execution time.
The instrument needs to incorporate AI to comprehend the framework logs and alarming ought to be founded on the auto learning.

shaik
shaik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

One of the best place to check large amount of the logs information.Every companies best tool.

Bewertet am 12.2.2018

make our business life easy

make our business life easy

The best thing about this software is i love its UI part and its dashboard where it provides the logs of all the enterprise application every business which has large amount of the transactions being held are required to maintain this tool and its logging and search frequency are very much loved and dash board has very colourful UI and easily understandable

There is no least about this software but we are looking for some more enhanced featured like optimisation and all