Microsoft SQL Server

Filipe
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

SQL Server review

Bewertet am 10.3.2020

SQL server is great, because i can use the same language same application, and for small customers it uses free option, and only for best performnace or bigger data need to pay for it
Can use it locally on on cloud

SQL Server is a great system to develop databases with great functionalities like jobs, procedures, functions ans so one

For me the only think not so good is performance for bigger batabases, but for me between 10GiB and 15GiB works fine

Warum Microsoft SQL Server gewählt wurde

SQL server is lot less expensive and have a free option for small aplications or for small customers

Guillermo
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A good choice as a database manager, but it can be improved.

Bewertet am 9.11.2022

It is good software, as I mentioned before. It syncs well with other Microsoft tools. In almost 2 years of use, I feel comfortable when working with this software. I hope that the improvements I mention in the negative points will be included. Otherwise excellent.

I like that it allows me to use my Windows login credentials as user authentication to connect to the server. Plus it integrates easily with other Microsoft programs such as Visual Studio 2022, Business Intelligence tools, etc. I am a Software Engineering student, and I have been testing many database managers. Of all the ones I have used Microsoft SQL Server is the easiest to install and very intuitive regarding the use of its tools. In addition to being a student, I give small tutorials on how to use the software, such as tips for new users, and database backup.

I don't have much to criticize in this space. For me, the Software is very complete. But if I would like you to implement a dark theme throughout the interface, it would be very helpful to rest your eyes and avoid fatigue after hours of work.

Wilmer Josué
  • Branche: Bibliotheken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

SQL Server as a primary tool for developers

Bewertet am 18.6.2021

I have been using SQL server since the first periods of college in my programming classes, as a storage of information I have been taught its practical use both personally and for program development in companies. I find it a very useful and versatile tool, it is used with ease as long as the developer has studied enough information about sql server because a novice and a pro can delete by mistake a whole database, you have to be careful because there are no request messages to deny the deletion. To use the tool I recommend to practice a lot and to comment the coding.

What I liked about the tool is the practical use it has, it can be used by novices in an easy way, as long as someone teaches them the basics, it is very useful on a daily basis due to the management of databases and their respective migration to other platforms. The management of the information becomes useful, it is versatile to changes before, during and after the development of the project.

What I liked least is the interface and the work area because when moving a part of that interface it is not very intuitive to place it to the default place, I have had problems with that and also that for processes of adding data I find the work space very small.

Carlos David
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001-10 000 Mitarbeiter

Microsoft RDBMS Solution

Bewertet am 29.8.2022

Whenever I need to rely on a robust DBMS for any of my platforms, provided that my clients have the financial muscle to support it, I always recommend going with SQL Server. So, in that sense, I can say that my overall experience is remarkable all over the years I have been deploying solutions backed up by this Database System.

Among the most interesting features of Microsoft SQL Server we can disclose the following:
Robust & Secure System
Easy to Deploy
Performance+
Integration with Public Cloud such as Microsoft Azure

As many of Microsoft Premium products, SQL Server license is really expensive.

PostgreSQL und MySQL

Warum Microsoft SQL Server gewählt wurde

Microsoft SQL Server performed better with the key products from our company The cost of infrastructure to deploy it was about the same.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

I believe it is more reliable as it is backed up by a Tech giant such as Microsoft.
Olivier
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The default database for Windows development

Bewertet am 9.11.2022

This is the base storage for many of our applications, allowing to handle millions of rows without a single failure.

This is the database that I grew up with, and it's never disappointed me over all these years.It keeps compatibility between versions and has a nice documentation about migrating.

There has been situations where we hit a roadblock and the documentation for it was a bit lacking.

PostgreSQL, Oracle Database, MySQL und SQLite

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

This is the one our client are used to, and it's tightly integrated with Active Directory
Gábor
  • Branche: Automotive

My past with MS SQL

Bewertet am 25.10.2022

I met firstly with MS SQL in the uni. The in one of my workplaces I became an admin of it, so as a "user".Its two sides-role widely different. Writing queries, retrieving data, manipulating the results (not the stored data) is a cool option. Easier, faster, more known then Oracle's PL/SQL I would say. The option it gives you are enormous, and how many things uses a DB nowadays are surprising. Knowing and being able to manage a DB, will be an asset in the future. Speed depends on your codes and on your machine. The memory is the enemy of the DBs, so as for MS SQL. Maybe other, non-relational DBs have better results, but on specific tasks. MS SQL is being better, has a lot of devs. behind its back and MS itself, you definitely worth considering it having as a primary database. 3rd party extensions can be used, that can take your productivity to the next level, like APEX.Having a free version up to 10 gigs per database, you would not believe how many company based its business on this "advantage".

Can be integrated with a lot of MS and 3rd party tools.The query window is well formed.The speed of the DB is excellent, but bases heavily on your custom codes.Reports, ad-hoc table, integrations with other reporting tools, intranet websites are great.

Less training options available comparing it to other MS tools.Intergration, access management can be difficult.Sometimes not easy to track changes in your codes, mostly in big databases.Installation could be easier.It not recommended, but for IT personnel with solid knowledge.

Turan
  • Branche: Automotive

Platform Independent Data Processing Solution MS SQL

Bewertet am 22.10.2022

It is a solution partner that is too perfect to be an alternative and too professional to have an alternative. It is a structure that provides much easier integration, fast and excellent customer support, and special solutions with minimum resources compared to other alternatives. The fact that it offers alternative solutions and options that can be applied to every request is also effective in its selection. Besides all these options,*Failover Cluster*Column Encryption with Always Encryption in SQL Server*Parameter Sensitive Plan (PSP) Optimization*Easy Hybrid Disaster Recovery with Azure SQL MI*Auto Backup Configuration*Running SQL Server on Linux*Database Downgrade with BACPAC*Transparant Database Encryption (TDE)*Returning from Page Level Backup* Usage with Mail and Gmail* Differential Backup* Dexexpress for business intelligence and big data*Fulltext Search*Virtualization Support

There is no minor or major deficiency in the system. If a very careful plan is not made during the installation phase, problems may arise.

Perfect Database Engine

Bewertet am 8.11.2022

We are using MS SQL server to maintain huge data and for accessing the data, also it allows running multiple databases which makes it reliable.I mostly like it's recovery solution therefore we used MS SQL server for our organisation. Customer support is also good, maintenance and installation is easy and fast. It's really helping me in achieving my daily targets and tasks I don't lose any data until and unless I delete it from database, MS SQL server is awesome tool for any organisation either it is small or large no matters.

Microsoft SQL is the best tool for data management you can easily add,delete,update, insert data without any hassle.It can manage multiple databases at same time without any compromise in its performance.MS SQL server is user friendly tool with good interface.The best thing is it allows creating a backup jobs for databases.Maintaining and querying large data is pretty easy as compare to other tools present in market.

At this point of time I am not looking for its alternative or substitute, but the licensee cost for MS SQL server is high, also I feel if security could be more better or improved then it would be great for users.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Reseña de calidad desde el punto de vista de un desarrollador de base de datos.

Bewertet am 26.10.2022

Es buena por lo general ya que tiene una empresa con un gran soporte detrás de ella y una buena gestión de usuarios.

La forma de utilizar es poco compleja y tiene fácil conectividad con entornos de desarrollo.

La instalación es compleja en ocasiones y suele dar ciertos errores además con el tiempo que tiene podría tener ciertas extensiones que faciliten el gestionar base de datos.

Pinki

Best RDBMS for managing Data

Bewertet am 16.10.2022

Its been very good experience to use sql server. With help of sql server we are managing very large amounts of data very efficiently.

Its very easy to use and manage very large data. We have 2 products in both projects we are using sql server for managing data as it’s capable of managing and handling large data. Performance is also very good.

Its license cost is very costly. And in sql server 2012 Json is not supporting which is not good.

juan jose
  • Branche: Luft- & Raumfahrt

Microsoft SQL Server for Business

Bewertet am 17.11.2022

I have 5 years working with Microsoft SQL Server, I have adapted well, I like the functionality it has, the practical way in which you can perform queries, scheduled tasks for my daily and weekly backups are excellent, accompanied by the crystal report, works great, I tried to try other database managers like ORACLE, but I think it is better Microsoft SQL server, to this day, I prefer to work with it.

Personally, I like that the application is easy to use, obviously if you already have time using it and you are familiar with the concepts and terms used, the tools to create backups or schedule tasks to run on specific dates and times is quite good, the price is affordable not too expensive unlike oracle.

to install it is a bit time consuming, since you have to configure it on the fly, it does not bring any preconfigured default settings, this takes a little time to the user, to migrate to other operating systems other than windows, you have to make other extra configurations.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

It is the manager used by the company for which I work, since it adapts better to their needs, for this reason we have always worked with Microsoft SQL Server.
Andy
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Microsoft products are usually stable and reliable.

Bewertet am 3.9.2022

SQL Server allows a large number of accesses without affecting performance. Once switched, there are no performance issues. Many users and developers have stated that the process is faster and more convenient thanks to the application. Access is used for the database and this has led to slow performance when the number of data increases. Large amounts of data sometimes require slow operations.

SQL Server is the enterprise system database, and its toolset is provided as standard. Many departments in the company use it as a database when creating a small system. Its graphical user interface is easy to use even for beginners, and its data can be queried seamlessly from other Microsoft products such as Access.

The application has very few bugs and offers stable operation.
The core elements of the product's usability remain the same despite repeated changes.
Both the cost and feature set of Oracle is superior to NetSuite.

Amazon S3

Warum Microsoft SQL Server gewählt wurde

An Excel database can be shared with other BI tools and used to store personal information. As the database increases in size, searches will take longer because the search speed depends on device specifications. In reality, however, more records mean longer search time.

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

We decided to test it first and check the features and advantages it offers when integrating with Microsoft products by purchasing the free Express edition, which allows us to use up to 10 GB of database capacity. The GUI is easy to use and provides stable performance, which has not led to any complaints. Before buying the paid version, try the free EXPRESS version.
Jonathan Alexander
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

A robust database engine with high information security standards.

Bewertet am 25.5.2022

At the moment we have no negative features to add to the product

How safe this database engine can be, its integration with other technological tools, say, programming languages, infrastructure, datawarehouse and more

A bit the price, since the enterprise license is a bit expensive

Oracle Database und IBM Db2

Warum Microsoft SQL Server gewählt wurde

We needed a more robust database engine due to the growth of the company and the processes that are currently being handled, plus the integrations with different platforms.

PostgreSQL und MySQL

Masoud
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A database system that you can trust your data with!

Bewertet am 10.3.2022

I believe we rely on Microsoft SQL Server and its great features and performance a lot. It's our first choice in terms of an RDBMS database and I believe it remains as such for a long time.

I've been using Microsoft SQL Server since version 2000 and I must say that every year the team behind it adds tons of improvements and great new features that keep this software a fantastic competitor in the market.
The database engine is very clever in optimising your queries, giving insights on improvements and dealing with your complex queries.
Microsoft's TSQL is very easy to understand and very easy to grasp even though in recent years the team have introduced more complex query templates but still it stands out impressively amongst the others.
I also love that they have released the full version as a Developer version where you can try all the software's great features without any cost at all!

The huge cost difference between the Standard and the Enterprise version is a put off as certain features like table partitioning should be part of the Standard version.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

The greater community behind it and the performance difference made us go to Microsoft SQL Server as our first choice.
Germo
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

my every day tool which I use, since it exists

Bewertet am 21.2.2022

I use SQL Server since it was obtained by Microsoft. I am specialized on it and I work only in projects where it is used as core technologie. I am a very experienced architect and developer, based on SQL Server And Microsoft BI.

It is easy to install. There is also a free Express Edition / Localdb, which has most features of the paid Version. The developer Edition has all Features of the Enterprise Edition. It is very easy to install even several instances on any system. I can solve nearly all tasks, I feel very confident. The documentation is great and it is easy to find answers to questions. It is just my every day tool.

If there are some heavy queries then the whole instance gets down, often even other instances on the same system. I don't understand why it is not possible to limit the effect.
Many features which I would like to use are only available in the enterprise edition. But this edition cost much more than standard and I am forced to use only features of the standard edition.
Often I am forced to use quite old version, for example 2016, but the current version is 2019. Again the reason is the price. Customers would need to spent more money for the latest version, therfore they force me to develop based on old versions.

Shawn
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

SQL Server a Building Block of Tech Stack

Bewertet am 10.12.2021

Good overall experience. We're addressing the need to store, transform, and retrieve data. Information has become the backbone of many technological and business operations, and almost everything I work on goes through a SQL database to accomplish the job. It's one tier of applications that is used almost everywhere. SQL Server allows us to query data for reporting to end users, and also provides options to move and transform the data to different environments.

At our firm, we have a completely Microsoft tech stack; from servers, databases, middleware, peripheral applications, etc. When using all Microsoft products, it is extremely easy to connect and integrate between applications, servers, and databases. I am less sure about integrating with other providers (such as oracle), but I know its possible with a little more effort. Maintenance, backups, restores, disaster recovery plans all seem routine now. The product is very familiar and there is ample documentation and general SQL training. Get a good DBA and your servers will stay healthy as well; certain system settings are important, and monitoring those and adjusting for your business is prudent. SSMS is an easy IDE to use and perform any function. You can use SQL to automate many tasks, and I really like the SQL jobs. SSIS lets me automate so much, even to and from external vendors, using SFTP or some other mechanism. It extends SQL Server to use any script or basic Windows command.

When you run into an issue, it can be hard to resolve. An example would be when Microsoft data connectors aren't working. Understanding and getting the right supporting software installed is important; like OLE DB and ODBC connectors. Another difficulty can be performance. As data sets get larger, this is more important. While there are enough tools to investigate and troubleshoot, sometimes it's just a big effort to try to query tune, index, or adjust server settings to get the results in performance that you want. Queries seem to only get more complex, and data sets larger. I am pretty sure other databases will perform better with Big Data.

Mohamed
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Meilleur outil de gestion de base de données - DB

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

tout simplement ma experience est parfaite avec SQl-server . Je l'utilise depuis près de 2 ans et il a beaucoup aidé dans mon projet de business intelligence. C'est magnifique a utiliser.

SQL-Server est simple à installer et l'utiliser les configurations sont également faciles. Comme il s'agit d'un système de GBD relationnelle, c'est un outil parfait pour les analystes de données. Il permet aux utilisateurs de extraire , tronsformer et télecharger les données requises en quelques secondes. Le produit est livré avec de nombreuses fonctionnalités telles que l'analyseur de requêtes, les services d'intégration, le planificateur de tâches et les services de rapports. De plus, on peut facilement planifier des tâches dans la section des outils de travail, ce qui est également une fonction très utile de cet outil.
Vraiment c'est un outil trés efficace pour un processus complet de business Intelligence.

En effet, elle occupe plus de stockage de données pour installer le moteur de la BD par rapport aux autres BD SQL.
Aussi l'interface et l'espace de travail. Lorsqu'on déplace une partie de l'interface,
Il n'est pas très intuitif de la replacer à l'endroit par défaut.

Talend Data Fabric

Pour faire des analyses.

Google Analytics 360

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

C'est trés pratique et facile a utiliser.
Mir Fida
  • Weitere für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Best database management tool for relational databases

Bewertet am 11.8.2021

I would recommend it to all low-scale and small organizations that are already using MS Office products or subscriptions. Its interface is similar to learn and use like other Microsoft software. Enterprise and large corporates can look into Oracle services if they require specific Oracle-made enterprise functions and features to handle very complex data.

First and foremost, it has all the features and functionality from the basics to advanced users for relational database management. Can be integrated well with other Microsft software especially Visual Studio code for a smooth development experience. Along with data storage management, professional performance analysis can be performed through GUI server management studio tools like Database Tuning Advisor. Data Analysts will find data extraction and filtration as well as visual & interactive report generation quite beneficial in their routine tasks. Backup and restore from one SQL server to another is fairly simple. Pricing is very reasonable according to the DBMS system and tools that are provided.

One of the main issues is that licensing price packages are difficult to choose due to confing choices for common users. One other limitation is that a backup made in a newer version of MS SQL server is not compatible with an older version of SQL Server. For large volumes of data records and for complex data it becomes slower to process queries. Taking backup of a very large number of records also takes time. Sometimes difficult to debug syntax errors.

Oracle Data Management Platform

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

We decided to use an MS SQL server as it suits our needs in pricing, features, and performance. Also, it is easier to use for development teams that are already using Microsoft products like MS Office. Students should also use it to learn the basics of SQL through a GUI environment. Oracle database service is more expensive due to the fact it handles complex & large-scale enterprise data. We did not require those enterprise features.
Anthony

The Only Enterprise Level DBMS I Use

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

We build enterprise level SAAS, Desktop, Web and Mobile applications and API's. I've been SQL Server for over a decade mainly as a DB Developer but at times as an administrator as well.

A mature DBMS with no limits. Anything we or our customers wanted has always been possible with SQL Server. First class security, speed, and connection capabilities have enabled us to create world class applications for desktop, mobile, and web.

The SQL Server community is huge which is critical for those new or rarely used features. I've been working in SQL Server for over a decade and still haven't touched many of the features available. Having a robust community makes learning any new feature quick and easy!

It's not a SQL Server thing per se... but Microsoft's support in general is weak at best. I've never really had a good experience using Microsoft support as it is slow and cumbersome and many times the reps don't communicate well. The huge community is what really what makes all Microsoft products manageable as most anything you want to learn or figure out is a quick browser search away.

Hasan
  • Branche: Bankwesen

SQL Server

Bewertet am 25.6.2021

Overall experience is just amazing. I have been using it for almost 2 years and it helped my organization a lot during release upgrade and it made database migrations so smooth.

Microsoft SQL is quite simple to install and configurations are also easy. As it is a relational database management system, it is a perfect tool for data analysts. As it enable users to filter and extract required data in a few seconds. The product comes with a lot of features like Query analyzer, Integration services, Job scheduler and Reporting services as well. Restoration and backup of multiple databases is a great advantage and I found this feature very useful because it helps a lot in restoring databases in case of any disaster. Also, one can easily schedule tasks in job tools section which is also a very helpful feature of this tool.

Well, it occupies more data storage in order to install database engine as compared to other SQL databases. Also, support is pretty much expensive and requires a lot of maintenance. It consumes too much resources to load and start.

Chirag
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Rock solid, reliable and efficient database

Bewertet am 7.4.2021

We have enjoyed using SQL Server for various OLTP and data warehousing workloads. It is a workhorse. Its performance is fantastic. Tooling surrounding it is great. We have not encountered a single issue with it. We also have a great local meetup where we discuss the constant improvements SQL Server brings each year.

We love SQL Server's versatility. Every single application we purchase for insurance has support for SQL Server. We have not come across any situation where SQL Server didn't meet our needs.

License models are a bit confusing. Some years Microsoft make it easy to understand. Other years Microsoft makes it even more confusing. Can we run SQL Server in our data centers? Can we run it on the cloud? Do we need to change licensing to run in the cloud? Those questions sound easy to answer but the answers we get from Microsoft or resellers confuse us more. It just seems like the confusion is intentional.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

The cost and feature/functionality of SQL Server was a great fit for company our size compared to Oracle. We also use MySQL and PostgreSQL for various workloads, SQL Server being the workhorse for majority of OLTP workload.
Yuvraaj
  • Branche: Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

There's a reason why most people choose SQL Server over other database softwares

Bewertet am 27.12.2020

I have never had any problems with SQL Server. It was always efficient and capable of doing whatever needed to be done.

Security is one of the most important aspects of database software since sensitive information can be stored in databases. SQL Servers are some one of the most secure servers out there so data is safe from hackers.

The scaling aspect of this software is great so whether your business is very small or very large that uses huge amounts of data to be stored, SQL servers can scale and use appropriate resources to handle databases therefore no lagging issues and problems querying databases etc. which makes it extremely fast and efficient.

With the large community that uses SQL Server, you have answers to almost all questions that you may have if you encounter any difficulties setting up or using the software, so troubleshooting is made really easy.

Cost could be an issue as this software could be a bit expensive however with that being said, you definitely will get quality.

Also there might be certain compatibility issues with other non Microsoft software that your company may use so in some cases you might have to switch over to Microsoft softwares in your company depending on what they are.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

Our company uses a Microsoft Infrastructure so it would have been really easy to integrate it into operation.
Brenten
  • Branche: Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt

Powerful and Scalable Database Software

Bewertet am 28.10.2020

Storing large quantities of production data to solve quality and efficiency problems has been a big use for SQL. All of the reporting and power to analyze data has solved countless puzzles for me in my job capacity. I also have done a lot of database administration for our ERP software and the tiles to tune and optimize have always been very helpful.

One of my favorite things about Microsoft SQL Server is the scalability. Whether you are using the free version for a small program running on a local machine or running an entire factory it is the same basic concept of programming and administration. I really appreciated being able to work to have a database software that could grow and expand when I need it too. Additionally the reporting and automation packages that come with it are super powerful. I would absolutely recommend using Microsoft SQL Server as anyone’s data as software

The biggest con in my opinion is that some of the more advanced features for big data analysis and high availability are in the top tier pricing which can be hard for smaller companies to afford. Other than that I have never not been able to solve a problem with Microsoft SQL.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

Microsoft SQL had superior options and capabilities.
Kudakwashe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Data Management made so easy with MS SQL Server

Bewertet am 20.3.2020

For any developer, before first they can this own what their apps are going to be developed in their should think of what server should host their database. I do believe that MS SQL Server is the best on the marketing when comes to data management and administration. The best feature that i really love the most on MS SQL Server is the ability to disable remote execution of your queries and really helps protect data integrity in case your server authentication has been compromised. You can also be rest assured that your data is consistent and accurate at all times. Yes hackers some times can try sql injection but i believe MS SQL Server its the most secure servers around.

The license key for MS SQL might cost you an arm and a leg but at the end of the day its really worth it when you think of a platform where you are able to develop enterprise apps that secure and helps with Business Intelligence.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

In the case of Oracle DB vs MS SQL Server, MS SQL Server is easy to manage, easy to configure and has a huge community in case when you are stuck with any problem you are guaranteed to get a solution online.
Imi
  • Branche: Politische Organisation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

SQL is getting better as it grows older

Bewertet am 21.11.2019

SQL Server centralized my data and allows my staff to "believe" that they are working in Excel, It is super fast for loading data from the server, and allow large data set that will normally take hours, or even crash the Excel spreadsheet to load without any issue.
When I am ready for a web app.. SQL server is easy as piece to develop a simple CRUD application and push live.
It seem to connect to every thing - from MS Word Mail merge, MS Excel, MS Access and of course for development environment such as Visual Studios.
One Database ( Centralized) and many presentation modes for the end users. I love it!

MS SQL Server is certainly a competently relational database engine, with reporting service and now R.
Easy to install for small onpremise application.
Easy to administer, easy to backup, easy because it is a Microsoft application.
It is so easy that most of the application today I work on seem to be pulling data from SQL into Excel and or Power BI.
You can start from free version and expand as time goes by.
The management studio take the pain our of scripting, and the online support community most likely have your questions answered with T-SQL scripts for copy and pasting.
If you deciding on an option for an Relational Database system - you should look at this as your most productive option. It allows you to focus on the problem by making the technology easy.

The new the version, the more memory intensive this management studio will become.
Microsoft need to create some more easy to use tool for change control and change tracking.
Backward compatibility - if you used a higher version during development, then it become a pain to use a lower version during production environment.

PostgreSQL und Oracle Database

Warum Microsoft SQL Server gewählt wurde

Ease of use, Easy to learn, easy to teach easy to integrate with well know tools.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft SQL Server

Cost and community of supporters, access to information on the open internet . Available of training.