Xero

• Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

AP and AR Automation System

Bewertet am 13.6.2022

Recurring billing and expense reporting.

Xero offers unlimited accounting tools at affordable rates unlike alternatives.
I like that Xero matches POs, accounts and invoices to detect disparities when paying vendors.

I have never come across any issue and I regularly use Xero.

Cody M.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Implement and Manage Global Business, Low Customization Options

Bewertet am 19.5.2022

Kanopy has found Xero to serve its needs well, but ultimately we moved on and migrated to NetSuite years later. We still keep Xero though for 1 international subsidiary that we found to be advantageous not to migrate. The mature business with complex operations may not find all needs are met with Xero, especially if the desire is to integrate many other tools/software with the ERP in a bi-directional data flow.

Xero serves well as an "out of the box" accounting system, not unlike Quickbooks. It also has more functionality and use internationally, making it a superior choice to QB if your business operates on a global, multicurrency basis. There are some solid automations which can be implemented with Xero as well, and the canned reporting generally suffices for the majority of basic financial needs.

Xero lacks the open customization options that software like Netsuite or Dynamics offers. For a small business this will often be fine, but a scaling operation looking to automate many functions based on unique business needs may someday find they have outgrown Xero and need to undergo an (often painful) ERP migration.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

International features are superior, and ability to manage multiple subsidiaries based in different countries is more manageable in Xero.
Randall L.
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Company could care less about customers and refuses to fix glaring issues

Bewertet am 19.5.2022

It has been a nightmare! I was an early adopter, but they quickly forced us to pay their increasing fees instead of honoring us in supporting what began as very buggy software. They stabilized it and it worked okay for some time, but has consistently become more buggy and irritating.

They refuse to fix bugs, always blame the customer for doing things wrong. They send canned messages that half the time have NOTHING to do with the actual question. They called me a liar in support. Their automated feeds NEVER work, and when they break, they cause a huge mess. For instance, it might pull transactions for 20 days out of the month, and you have to figure out which it did not pull. Of course, they never take responsibility or try to fix it.

Their greed has ruined the company and all they care about is fleecing more money from the customer. I never plan to go back to this company. Horrible!

Disliked the entire experience. They break everything that works well. Cash coding was excellent then they changed it and broke it.

Automated feeds NEVER work, always buggy, and the mess it leaves takes hours or days to fix. Customer support is a joke. They only send canned responses which rarely if ever answer the question. Their lack of attentiveness in support is appalling.

Mahnaz A.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Xero use in a School

Bewertet am 23.3.2022

Reconciliations are so much easier, integrating with other products is so much easier, there are so many apps which can easily integrate into Xero.

Xero is very easy to navigate around and is user friendly. Even a non-finance employee is able to use Xero. The product is able to integrate seamlessly with a school management system importing invoices and contacts which are managed in the school management system. The integration is almost automatic and does not require a user to sync. AMAZING PLATFORM!

Nil - Honestly there is nothing I dislike about Xero.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

MYOB was not able to integrate with a school management system.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

Integration, Ease of use, ease of navigation, reporting
Elena V.
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Xero has helped us transform and streamline our processes

Bewertet am 13.6.2022

Xero has streamlined our operations, and simplified our record keeping, and notification of when bills are due for payment or invoices due for collection. The dashboard is fantastic for an overall picture. The reporting tools are excellent, and the ease of use is so logical and straightforward, that it's simple l to self-teach even for a beginner. On top of that when you have any questions the how-to guides are thorough in themselves, and support is excellent and very quick to come back to you with an in depth answer.

The ease of use is fantastic, and a beginner is able to self-teach quite easily with the fantastic guides and webinars that are available from Xero. The support is also exceptional and I have always had my queries answered in great detail and very quickly.

My main issue was that I would like to be able to create different delivery addresses on invoices that have one invoice address but different delivery locations, as it's important to specify. To workaround we write it in the body of the invoice, however with previous systems we have been able to enter multiple delivery addresses, for one invoice address and select the required one each time.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

We watched several comparison videos but it was the ease of use that sold us. I had used Sage and Zoho books in the past and knew that I didn't want to use either of them again, and I was so pleased that we chose Xero as has been fantastic for us.
Eric H.
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Accounting and Bookkeeping Made Easy

Bewertet am 15.5.2022

Excellent and couldn't recommend more for start ups.

The simplicity of the entire Xero offering cannot be beat. The user interface is just so intuitive and helpful we really enjoy it. Payroll and bank reconciliations are a breeze.

The major drawback is limited inventory functionality as well as the inability to split POs once goods are received. Xero is great for digital companies but manufacturers or goods based companies will need bolt on solutions.

MYOB Business, QuickBooks Online Advanced und Sage X3

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

It was just the simplest to use and the most attractive price-wise
Kunal T.
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Xero is expensive and does not give all the features

Bewertet am 26.5.2022

Not good. I always felt I was paying more for the services I was being offered. Always wanted to switch and finally found one.

It integrated with most applications and every accountant in Australia had heard about Xero. It had kind of a monopoly on the market.

It is very expensive and the cost had gone up constantly about 2 times in less than a year of joining/subscribing to Xero. It did not give me the option to bill clients in multiple currency for which I had to shell out extra and take up a higher subscription! It is also very complicated to use, never understood the interface well.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

It was recommended by people who had used it (but never tried other alternatives). So I went with their advice, which I regret now.
Mary M.
  • Branche: Übersetzung und Lokalisierung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Xero is a fantastic product for small business

Bewertet am 4.6.2022

I was searching for a product that would accommodate a small business but allow for big business features. Some of the competitor products were not intuitive nor did they seem online-native. Xero does. I can even use it on mobile.

I wish there was more access to multiple currency features for small-time users. It's currently only available in the highest tier of the subscription service, which isn't worth it if you are only doing small volumes in foreign currencies.

Amanda T.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Easy for my Bookkeeper to use and me to run reports!

Bewertet am 27.5.2022

I like how easy it is to get started and pull reports ongoing.

I would love to be able to customize the appearance of reports a bit more. Fonts, colors, etc.

Aram Z.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Good not great

Bewertet am 19.5.2022

Overall it has been solid. I like it but don't love it. Lots of little things that are hard to pin down. It's been almost a decade and the original reason was because we needed something online only and with a strong API. Not sure if I would pick xero today.

I like that they are online only, that was the biggest factor when deciding on the tool. I also liked that their API has almost total coverage, that was another big reason for us.

1. Their API is a little dated and seems to have silly ways to get things working
2. The system gets sluggish when there are years of data and millions of records (may just be our instance)
3. Not crazy about their reporting tools. They are pretty dated at this point and I rely on fathom or other reporting tools to slice and dice data

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

API and online only
Rino N.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Xero - The Cloud Based Software of the future

Bewertet am 24.6.2022

Fantastic product with fantastic support and really meaningful input from the actual company staff

Xero's main benefit to us as a mid tier accounting firm is the ease of importing information. It supports multiple bank feeds on a reliable basis and its open API allows for the support of many add in apps

Being a non-technical software, it does sometimes give the impression of not being as robust in terms of ease of change of prior information. This can be overcome by locking down periods, one just has to remember to do this though.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

The capital development expenditure and size of Xero simply mean that it is outpacing other software in terms of speed of development, effectively future-proofing our practice.

The main factors were cost and engagement with the Xero South Africa team
Zsolt S.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Would be perfect with a few tweeks.

Bewertet am 31.3.2022

It is still good, better then Kashflow which is like from 1780. Or at least it feels like it is. It has great feautures that need tweeking. And it is also recognized worldwide which is so good. Collecting feeds from all the cards is good.

What I like most is that it has access to realtime feeds from all the company accounts. This is futuristic stuff in my country of Hungary. But I can look at all my balances and see if I have enough money for a purchase or not.

It doesn't really handle subscriptions well... and you guessed, it, I sell subscriptions. What is the least favorite part is the reconciliation. I sell the same thing, many times (as you do with subscriptions) and there is no way that I found where I do not have to take the so many hours of reconciling everything manually. So there might be automatic invoicing (which I couldn't really use) and manual reconciliation.

There is no such thing as group reconciliation:

All the parties that bought in May for 10 usd should be reconcilied one '10 usd' invoice for may.

That would save so much time. Xero, please do that.

I also hate that products are mandatory. If a client orders something, in a new combination, or asks for a penny discount it is a new product. Why cannot I just invoice John for 14.57 dollars, why do i need to add the 14.57 product?

I understand you are trying to be smart, xero, but please keep the dummy functions. I am a dummy. I need them.

Lastly, according to my current knowledge, it does not integrate with payment providers like stripe or braintree without zapier - which is another subscription cost. Here I want to cut Xero some slack, it is not only their fault, but the payment provider's fault as well, and I am in deep conversations with them on what can we do.

Andrew W.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Xero makes finance so easy

Bewertet am 25.3.2022

Since starting with Xero over six years ago, we couldn't be happier. We've centralised all our financial activity into one platform, which is great for non-finance people like myself!

Xero makes managing the finances for a business really straightforward. The user interface is intuitive and it centralises all my accounts information.

One of my favourite features is the the dashboard, which is clear and customisable, and gives a great summary of the position position at any time.

The software also integrates really well to other platforms for things like receipt capture and detailed business analysis.

I'm really happy with how it performs, however, our bookkeeper still does some levels of manual reporting, which he finds easier in Excel, than in Xero. The integration of BA tools does negate this issue.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

It wasn't SaaS at the time and was only able to be understood and used by our bookkeeper.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

At the time the product looked to have better features and functionality, and the user experience was excellent.
Ayman S.
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

The best accounting software that meets all of your requirements

Bewertet am 23.2.2022

In particular, my experience with Xero has been beneficial in that it has enabled me to organize and manage all financial affairs of the branch in which I work without the need for a full-time accountant in the branch, as it allows me to prepare financial statements, pay bills, and organize payment dates myself.

I appreciate that Xero is responsive and simple to use for everyone, as it does not necessitate a great deal of prior experience. Once connected to the Internet, the user will be able to connect with all of his bank accounts, both those through which he wishes to make payments and those to which he wishes to transfer money, and monitor and follow them accurately and professionally, as well as track and report on them. It is extremely adaptable to a wide range of requirements, including those of freelancers and huge corporations. Furthermore, it serves as a vital database for all financial data, as it will allow you to download documents and invoices quickly and easily, and also through the phone application, where it is sufficient to scan documents and invoices in order to enter information from them into the system and schedule payments quickly and easily. I particularly appreciate the reports that are generated by Xero since they are comprehensive in that they include all of the financial transactions that occurred during the time period under consideration.

there are no noteworthy issues. The issue of dealing with recurring payments does not operate as expected, as you must occasionally complete the procedure manually.

• Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Powerful Accounting Software that Enables Anyone to Effectively Manage Their Accounts

Bewertet am 15.2.2022

Overall, Xero was a truly powerful software that took the dread of dealing with accounting and reconciliation and made it rather straightforward. The accounting process can effectively be handled by any person, which is rather refreshing. As an attorney, I'm not an accountant. So having something else to learn and utilize while already extremely busy would be a major inconvenience. However, Xero took what would have been a terrible experience and made it manageable.

Xero is a pretty straightforward product that is effectively almost immediately deployable. Xero's dashboard is not bulky or overwhelming like a significant number of other accounting software tends to be. Xero's help manuals and tutorials were also very useful and are great for helping users quickly refamiliarize themselves with the software. Xero worked well for my law firm for IOLTA (Lawyer Trust Account) reconciliation purposes. With the software linked to your desired account, you can easily reconcile all incoming and outgoing payments and expenses on a given account. Once set up, you literally can log in right after making a purchase to reconcile your accounts without having to fumble through old receipts later to try to remember specific actions that were taken on behalf of a client.

The only con that I personally experienced with Xero was that I routinely was required to relink and subsequently "resync" my banking account with Xero. Admittedly, this may have been a banking issue and not necessarily a Xero issue. However, when the relinking had to happen, this created a significant amount of issues because I was forced to relink the account, reimport expenses and incoming sums and then ensure that all the amounts had actually synced appropriately from my physical bank account to the Xero software.

Peach Software

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

We switched from Quickbooks because the software felt really cumbersome and was not very user friendly to someone that isn't an accounting professional.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

The price of Xero and the ability to effectively use the software almost immediately made the decision to choose Xero a straightforward one.
Iain S.
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Very different to Sage 50

Bewertet am 1.11.2021

We moved from Sage line 50 to Xero, this has mainly been a positive experience. From our day-to-day usage, sending invoices, chasing debt, bank reconciliation it is very easy to use. Our accountant set up Dext to import receipts and expenses which means we spend much less time with data entry now and we are much more paperless than we were. The key driver for us was to work in a cloud based system that would integrate with other business management systems and Xero kept coming up as the one that plays nicely with lots of other services. Our managment accountant has taken a lot more convincing as the web-based interface can be a little more clumsy in some 'pure-accountancy' areas and getting the chart of accounts nicely presented has taken a bit of effort. Generally we're really happy with Xero and are also happy with the split that the CRM/MRP/ERP system is supported by that vendor leaving the accountancy to the accountancy experts.

Ease of use from a day-to-day perspective for a non accountant and integration with other cloud software such as Dext and Flowlens

We have had a couple of glitches where bank feeds have stopped working for periods of time, manual import of bank statements can take a few attempts to get right.

Dynamics 365 Business Central

Compatibility with CRM/ERP, Cloud system

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

Ease of use, Established brand, Integrated Payroll, migration support, ongoing cost
Rowena J.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

It took me a while, but I am a Xero convert!

Bewertet am 30.9.2021

When I first began using Xero, I had heard a lot about it and was skeptical. Surely, no software could be so "all that"! I was introduced to it by a colleague who has converted the whole of her mid-size accountancy practice to it, and literally within a day and a half (which did include watching some of the short but very clear tutorial videos) I was not only up and running, but felt confident using it, finding my way around it, locating and fixing errors etc. It's literally that simple and straightforward. It's also incredibly stable - I think in 3 years it's only been offline (to my knowledge) 3 times, each for a very short period. I've also not found ANY bugs so far - almost unheard of! - and the support is fantastic, even though it's online.

Provided it's set up properly, Xero is probably the most friendly accounting software - to non-accountants that is - of any I've ever come across. Back in the 90's, MYOB revolutionised accounting software for small business, but Xero takes it to a whole new level, by removing so much of the data entry work that takes time, leaves room for errors and is in general a pain, when you'd rather be - you know, running your business. With Xero, it's up to the individual operator how much they want to automate their accounting transactions; if you want to, you can use the really powerful, but still simple tools to do a lot of the legwork for you. If you prefer to do it more manually, that's OK too - it's still simple and very quick and easy to use.

Xero is constantly adding and refining its software. Inventory control is an area I'd like to see strengthened, but that's already way ahead of where it was a couple of years ago. Similarly processing payments in advance. But these are relatively small niggles which for the majority of small businesses don't present any issue.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

I was contracting to an accountancy firm who had converted their entire practice to Xero.

Andrew C.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Xero is the One

Bewertet am 16.8.2021

I am very satisfied to be building my practice on Xero. They have a good product with a good company behind it. They seem to really care about their advisors and see them as key to their business model. They have a great community and great support.

What I like most about Xero is its open-platform ethos. It's not one particular feature, it's the whole way that Xero approaches what it does, and it shows up all over the product. One small example is how easy it is to manually import bank transactions via CSV file, and then how easy it is to undo that import if it went wrong. It's less about features (although Cash Coding and Find & Recode are brilliant) and more about design choices.

I want them to hurry up and integrate Hubdoc into Xero itself. And when that happens, I want there to be a way to generate a report that shows which GL transactions don't have a source document.

Accounting Power und Sage 50cloud Accounting

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Quickbooks treats their ProAdvisors the way Scar treats the hyenas in the Lion King. For Quickbooks, the advisor community will always be a means to an end. Their products are built for consumers, not professionals, and I expect they always will be.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

In the end, I decided that the ability to integrate apps was going to be determinative over the long term. Xero and QBO are way out in front when it comes to integration and I expect that as the market matures, they will end up with a Coke-and-Pepsi-level of market dominance. They may already be there. Early on, I tried to get someone to sell me Accounting Power and/or Sage 50, but neither company seemed organized enough to close the sale. I was looking for a software partner that I could build my practice on and Xero were the ones who showed me they wanted to be that and had a plan to make it happen.
Farhad D.

Perfect Accounting Software - Nothing Comes Close

Bewertet am 24.5.2021

Xero changed the face of accounting for our business. It has made accounting work far less painful than it used to be. And the true cloud-based setup makes it so much easier to access from anywhere.

Ease of use - seriously. Nothing comes close. And trust me, I've tried a number of accounting software and they're all a nightmare to use unless you're an accountant.

Customer support could be quicker, and phone support would help.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Sage 50 Cloud was supposedly a cloud based software, but it wasn't truly cloud based, and it had all the legacy horrid pains associated with any Sage accounting system.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

None of them were truly cloud based. All of them were horribly complicated, made for accountants and not at all user friendly.
Leanne M.
  • Branche: Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to deploy and use providing you have basic book-keeping knowledge

Bewertet am 31.3.2021

Solid and simple cloud accounting solution that is easy to navigate and customise. Great that our external accountants and legal support can access online as they need. Seems to be continuously evolving and its reassuring to see ongoing development of the product.

Customisable dashboard is a time saver and ability to customise templates helps with consistency for our company branding. Customisation of user permissions means the bonus of staff being able to enter their own expenses which is a further time saver. Being able to work across multiple currencies now is a plus, albeit I wish we could manually adjust exchange rates being used.

Many advanced features that are standard for longer established accounting software solutions are available, but as "bolt on" packages, so costs can escalate quickly if you need full "bells and whistles".
Customer service response can be very slow compared to other cloud software providers we use - in the beginning they were responsive for engagement but over time they're clearly pushing all customers towards getting answers from their user community and/or through the Q&A section. I appreciate that customer service probably don't want to be wasting time with queries better addressed by professional book-keepers or accountants, but in our instance, as "advanced users", our customer service queries tend to be related to technical challenges with the product. It would be great of Xero could analyse the types of queries coming from their customers and perhaps have a priority helpline on offer for "low maintenance" subscribers.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

Felt more user friendly, especially for team members who, at the time, had limited or zero accounting knowledge
Jenny B.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Helpful, user friendly and intuitive accounts software

Bewertet am 26.2.2021

I was reluctant to pay the extra costs to move to Xero from my previous cheaper package but I am more than happy that I finally made the switch. It is a fraction of the cost of having a book-keeper to pay and I feel so much more confident that my accounts are working correctly. The option of additional plugins aid the automation for syncing with software such as woocommerce and amazon, ebay etc. It is a shame that they are additional costs but I would prefer that I had the option to integrate than not, and they are great time savers, which is the biggest help for small business owners.

Xero has a lot of automated features that make the process of accounts preparation easy and reliable. The bank feeds work smoothly and it is easy to set up rules to make the process automated on regular transactions - just a click to confirm entry. I have been able to integrate woocommerce, amazon and ebay transactions to ensure I am correctly treating VAT and International orders and purchases correctly.

As with any new accountancy software, there is a bit of technical detail to get your head around but that is probably to be expected. There are good help articles that are useful for the set up phase.

Sage 50cloud Accounting und QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

I wanted a greater degree of confidence that my accounts were correct when dealing with complex transactions such as International sales etc. This was especially important due to changes with Brexit etc. I was also keen to be able to automate where possible to save time.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

I felt it had been fully designed within the digital age in mind from the outset.
Monika V.

Xero for Business

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

I am happy, can be connected with my clients all the time, can prepare reports anywhere, anytime. I think the price for South Africa is a bit high

I like the product is easy to use, no need high knowledge of accounting, the person who never was doing accounting can easily manage this product

there is still missing a few things as inventory shall be a bit changed as people with two inventories in different places can not have two storages, there are few things that missing and can make it easier to work with

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

the cloud, it is an advantage to be cloud due to my work I am travelling a lot and if client need help can do it on the move

Pastel

more user friendly I think
Quratulain H.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Best in Multi-currency accounting for SMB

Bewertet am 18.2.2021

Xero was the best choice back in 2015 (when no one gave multi-currency) and still is in 2021 (when there are some who do).

I have now added another company to Xero and cannot imagine shifting to another platform....ever.

With most clients abroads, we find its best to bill them in their local currency. Luckily for us, Xero is there to help sort our books out and keep them in order. It integrates with many bank feeds & popular wallets/fintechs like PayPal, Payoneer & TransferWise so accounts are upto date - always.

Another feature we really use is their tracking fields. Xero allows users to setup 2 tracking fields that can be added to invoices, expenses, bills and assigned to each line. This helps us keep track of project based work and has been our way since before Xero ventured into Project based accounting (that users need to pay additional fee for)

It also integrates with online payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, GoCardless, and a few others; thus payments are a breeze for clients.

As a non-accountant, Xero is easy to use even when you get into all the features it provides.

They have made some changes to their UI esp where invoices and expenses are concerned. Luckily for older users, expenses are still free however, for new users it isnt and each person filing expenses on it needs to pay a small fee. I think it should be free for a small number of users (atleast 2) and then charged.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Freshbooks didnt give Multi-currency and it was causing problems with reporting

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

There was no multi-currency in Quickbooks available. Bank feeds were also not there for some of the banks I wanted. For a similar price point Xero offered better features and a product that was easier to use for a non-accountant.
Judah K.

Solid platform

Bewertet am 8.12.2020

So far, it has been amazing. I have little to no complaints. Everyone that I have moved to Xero have told me thank you.

Xero is an accounting software that just works. I have used so many different platforms, and Xero has been the easiest and most reliable software I have found.

1099 reports are too limited. Tracking categories are too limited. Support can phone it in when you first reach out to them, but if you set up a time to chat with someone they are extremely helpful.

AccountingSuite und Wave Accounting

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Quickbooks ethics and support was enough to drive me crazy. When you would call QBO support 5 times, you will most likely get 5 different answers and they will usually contradict each other.

• Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Xero is an awesome bookkeeping solution for small business owners!

Bewertet am 1.11.2020

Xero is an awesome bookkeeping and accounting software solution for startups and small business owners. It is indeed a good match for business owners who know nothing about accounting in order to keep their books and to properly manage their finances.

From my own experience, I found that Xero is very user-friendly and its accounting interface is streamlined, almost seamless, and uncluttered. The Demo Company is very useful as you can manipulate data without worrying about messing up vital information in your practice company.

Xero’s accounting dashboard shows the snapshot of your business (i.e., bank balances and reconciling items, outstanding invoices, and bills, accounts on the watchlist, etc.) and fully customizable depending on your needs.

Quickbooks had been the leader of accounting software for small businesses for quite some time but Xero is becoming more popular because of its competitive offering and value proposition. Xero’s starting plan is very affordable and you have the option to add-on some features depending on your need. It also offers a basic inventory and fixed asset management functionality in all of its plans, which is very cool! And the best thing about Xero is the unlimited users allowed to access the financial information.

- Affordable and cost less for startups and small businesses
- Includes fixed assets and inventory management in all of its plans
- Very user-friendly especially during migration or conversion of data
- Allows unlimited users
- Friendly 24/7 customer support

- Some countries lack a built-in payroll option.
- Customized reporting options are still limited. I wish Xero can allow you to create your own report.
- The contact list of customers and suppliers is mixed together and needs to set-up manually to organize.

Warum Xero gewählt wurde

Excel and spreadsheets for bookkeeping and accounting become very hard to maintain over time and can be time-consuming. Additionally, it is also prone to errors and data corruption. Therefore, it is not sustainable especially if you are growing your business.

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Xero

Xero is more commonly used by my target market: New Zealand, Australia and Malaysia.