• Funktionen
Curtis J.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

RotaGeek is more than just a rota software

Bewertet am 29.10.2020

I find RotaGeek so quick and simple moreover the whole company use RotaGeek creating a universal Rota language!
The interfaces are awesome.
But the thing I really love about it is the instant support by the chat function... the team are always on hand in mins and always up for a laugh and joke creating laughter during putting rotas together shouldn’t be a ‘thing’ but it really is

If only It fed into our HR software or vice Versa at the moment if we put someone sick in RotaGeek we have to copy it over on to SF.

Gary T.
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great Tool and saves a lot of time

Bewertet am 28.10.2020

I helped with the implementation and roll out of rotageek and since we launched it as a business it has evolved and at each stage the upgrades have been a benefit and have made sense. The support offered is great and quick too.

I like the fact that I can see multi site rotas, making it easier to plan my weeks so that I can visit stores when the right people are working. It saves me a lot of time callig ahead and I can make more ad-hoc visits.

The only thing I don't like is that holiday allowances cannot be amended if the timesheets have been signed off and a holiday has had to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

Warren B.
  • Branche: Wein und Spirituosen
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Rotageek for the average user

Bewertet am 2.3.2021

Overall I am very happy with the software.

I open the app on my iPhone, or iPad, or via a link in an email or by logging into the desktop. It just works.. I can see my next duty, who I’m working with and where. Everything I need in one easy to read screen. I can manage my annual leave from the app, easily and without fuss. The app even tells me when there is an update ! As a user of the end product it does everything I need it to. I’m not involved in programming my hours or accepting my leave requests, but my Manager seems to manage it and she’s not the most tech savvy person I’ve worked with, so it is probably straight forward to add shifts etc.

I actually don’t think there is anything I can criticise this software for, I does what I need it to, when I need it to.

Helen L.

Rotageek

Bewertet am 1.12.2020

Work in progress still - not fully 100% there yet to what we need it to do - can see improvements happening but the bugs aren’t good.

App for the staff and it syncing to your calendar. Staff love also seeing who else is in and the ease of holiday request and so do I with no paper.

I’m seeing it learning but it’s very slow at the same time.

Currently it has a bug in it since wed and last I check it still is ant working which is resulting in lots and lots of manual adjustment and it keeps crashing and deleting lunches when you go it edit.

The main thing for me is it overlaps lunches and with COVID this isn’t practical for us. You can’t see when lunches are so this means you have to go through each shift individually and edit to see then if they over lap go through and edit so they are not then edit again if this impacts the qty of staff at certain times - majority of times lunches can all be separated but the system needs to make sure they are so it reduces editing as currently it’s taking around an hour to do a schedule.

I have also over Oct had to force days off in for my management team over weekends as I let it run in sept freely and it was constantly putting all management in over sat and Sun every week and it was noticed by the team.

It also has a tendency of certain staff get all the extra hours when it should be shared out with the team.

Also if with decide to print the dashboard lunches disappear of it which results in a pencil and ruler coming out.

James C.

Rotageek Review

Bewertet am 2.3.2021

Customer service is brilliant and overall the system is very easy to use.

Product is extremely easy to use and having the ability to have it on your phone with the app is brilliant. Highly recommend

As a company we have varying shift patterns every week and it would be handy to have an 'Day Off' marker available to use when organising the rota for staff members days off that week. This would be visually beneficial for myself when organising the rota but also for team members to indicate their days off rather than just leaving it blank on the rota and when the team member is not taking annual leave.

Additionally if you were able to publish one individual team members rota when you have allotted unpublished shifts to other team members rather than having to publish the whole rota at once.

• Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

rotageek - geek

Bewertet am 31.10.2020

Benefits of using Rota geek compared to other systems I've used previously are fantastic - would highly recommend.

ease of use is second to none- support team are fantastic and integration of pay roll was easy !

- a couple of Aesthetic changes happened in early days but this was none disruptive

Julie M.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

In store experience

Bewertet am 25.2.2021

From what software we where using before it’s night and day of a different right staff right tim. I love how everything is on the app . All employees can see clearly what shifts are required and can set a calendar reminder.

I like how you can clearly see all employees details of shifts and break in order. You can tailor what you see to your settings

When doing a rota from temple it doesn’t always give you what you ask for. I always double check the rotas as some random errors can happen. I have used the chat device to ask for support on this on many occasions.

Fabiano M.

Spot o’clock!

Bewertet am 5.3.2021

I would stick to the basics: it is an efficient way to plan my working hours around the week as it is always handy, right on my mobile screen. A few taps and I have all I need, my working days and days off. I can even plan my holidays with accurately.

I would enjoy the app better if the notification informing that my shift is about to start never failed. It is not like I need it to remind me that I have to leave for work but it is a feature that may require a little of a fine tuning from the developers.

Aaron L.

Rota

Bewertet am 2.3.2021

Genuinely very good, it makes managing the store very easy

I love how simplistic it is and how it’s is fairly easy to navigate

It would be great if there was an option to clear a week rather than delete each shift individually.
I would also like to see a ‘Rota Day Off’ option as well

Glenn P.

Easy To Use...Mostly

Bewertet am 2.3.2021

Positive in the main with just a few additions it would be superb

Great tool to ensure full visibility among the team...instant notification of changes, great accompanying app.

Updates and changes are sometimes counter-intuitive and disturb the flow of the software...no way of bulk deletion of shifts

Jessica D.
  • Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Overall a great tool, useful and easy to use.

Bewertet am 28.10.2020

Overall a really happy user, there are some minor irritations but nothing that would make me look elsewhere, and the excellent customer support and frequent updates are especially gratifying.

For the most part it is easy and intuitive to use. It's easy to create and to edit shifts, customise with colours/shift names, it alerts colleagues immediately when shifts have changed. The app is great for a visual snapshot of published shifts that all users can access. If there are ever any issues, there is always someone on the live chat who can help straight away, and although I've only used this help service approx 3-4 times in the entire time I've been a rotageek user, they have always been exceptionally helpful and resolved my issue/answered my question immediately. I have no basis for comparison but I'd have no reason to want to try different software, I'm a happy user and it often gets minor updates which only improve the experience.

It's sometimes a little glitchy, eg when deleting a shift to enter a new one it sometimes takes time before it will let you enter a new one (whereas editing works immediately), although this could be poor Internet connection. An 'undo' button would be a useful addition as I occasionally move a shift by accident and can't work out where I moved it from! But aside from this, the worst thing is that it's sometimes a bit slow to get going.

Nikki W.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great system for Area Managers, Recruitment, Payroll and Team Members alike!

Bewertet am 12.6.2017

Managing the personnel out in the field in one place - their work schedules, changes to rotas, and their contact details

Accessibility to live schedules - with over 60 stores in the UK it allows Area Managers that are constantly on the road, Recruitment at Head Office and Payroll to view exactly what is happening at each store.
Team Member details are easily accessible when we need to contact them or make any amendments.
When Team Members (sub-contractors) submit their invoices, it allows an easy method of cross checking for payments.

Trying to find out historical data can be a bit challenging at times. This has improved since the 'delete' option was replaced with 'deactivated', as we can now reactivate a Team Member's details if needed.
The other challenge, has been if any changes have been made to any details - customer support cannot always advise who has made these changes or when, so it makes it difficult to be able to apply any training to avoid a repeat of changes that have caused issues.

Richard Q.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

pros & cons

Bewertet am 31.10.2020

i become very frustrated with the system at the start then managed to find a calm way of scheduling the teams i needed to- then the functions changed and what used to take me 30mins is now taking roughly 60/90mins which is costly.

as a toll to record hours worked it is better than previous- however on a day i would get at least 5/8 emails from the team asking me to amend their hours as it has clocked them out/not recorded the day/app didn't work.
it is a pro for the team to be able to see their schedule on an app
it is a pro to have the holiday accreument available.
paying team members who work across multiple sites is a plus.

i preferred when you could re order the employees - no idea why this function changed.
when you copy and paste a shift if a short shift it reverts to a 30min break when for us many still take 60mins time consuming and if missed costs the bussiness.
time it takes for employees to appear.

Phil J.
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

I couldn't imagine my working week without Rotageek.

Bewertet am 1.11.2020

We use this application / software daily for scheduling and planning. I find it extremely easy to build schedules and my team really do find the app convenient for remaining up to date. On the rare occasion where we have needed so additional support, the Rotageek customer services are always on hand and able to quickly resolve our queries. I couldn't imagine my working week without Rotageek.

It's easy to access Rotageek either by the desktop link of the simple to use Mobile App. Being able to drag and drop shifts into my teams schedule is super efficient, which means I can build robust schedules quickly and therefor invest more of my time in other areas of our business.

I really can not fault the Rotageek Software or Mobile Application.

Daniel F.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Fantastic tool for great results

Bewertet am 1.12.2020

The customer service that I've used through the chat service on the site are extremely swift and knowledgeable. Addressing and solving my issue with professionalism and attention to detail

It's easy to understand straight away from the first time you use it. Well laid out and extremely stable platform with a great app and notification settings for my staff. Easy to adjust on the fly and to set up for the long term.

I have yet to come across a real problem or something I dislike about this simple program.

Maria A.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great Software!

Bewertet am 9.12.2020

Rotageek has made communication between the team, in terms of rotas, a lot easier. Especially during these times where staff numbers are reduced and I don't see members as much. It makes posting schedules and the team members requesting leave etc really easy.

Very user friendly and easy to use. Easy layout to separate each task. Also very customisable to fit each brand/company's needs.

Scheduler could be improved if you could select staff to view on it and others to be hidden. When changes to the order of the staff it made sometimes it has be reordered without me changing settings.

Rotageek

Bewertet am 28.10.2020

The chat function is excellent, and the team are always friendly and quick to support. You feel like you are talking to a real person, who is invested in your business and wants to help as quickly as possible. It is a large business with a small one-to-one feel.

The scheduling system is very user friendly, for both back of house and on the app. It is extremely easy to communicate to the team.

It can be difficult to alter details for staff members without gaining constant permissions. We are a large team that continuously changes so some autonomy for Manger users would be useful.

Pawel S.
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazing tool for any business

Bewertet am 29.10.2020

From the beginning I liked that rotageek listened to feedback , especially at The start and shaped the experience to our requirements.

I love the ease of use and how it allows me to interact with other users by implementing gaps for shift covers and notifications for any shifts created .whats amazing is that all staff get a notification about the shift I’ve created or changed by text and email too.thats so convenient.

Not too many cons .maybe some changes are unnecessary in my opinion and don’t add any extra usage .

Ayeesha S.
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Untern. Größe: 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Hours and holiday tracker simplified

Bewertet am 28.10.2020

I like the option of being able to use my own device to clock in and out. I also like that it shows how many hours you’re scheduled to work each week and which colleagues you’ll be with. Holiday requests are simple to complete at any time of the day or night instead of waiting and doing it during working hours. It also keeps track of what has been used and what is available.

Kind of random and not a dislike of sort but the app colouring looks like NatWest online banking.

Jane H.
  • Untern. Größe: 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and a great asset to my store

Bewertet am 30.11.2020

I like that I can easily amend shifts and have them sent out to the team very quickly. It's really good that the breaks are built into the system and that we can have different shifts that are set out to the businesses needs, offering different payroll codes. The support from the rotageek team is always fantastic.

At times the programme can freeze meaning that a refresh of the page is needed. The only thing that ever lets this down is issues inputting or amending shifts, but every problem I've encountered, I have been able to contact the rotageek team who investigate and fix the issue quickly.

Mike B.

Good product

Bewertet am 28.10.2020

I personally really like the product but would ask for features like being able to message colleagues about shift needs and input colleagues holidays so they automatically booked them off as in previous editions of the service

Communication with the team
Holiday Planning

Levels of authorization could be easier to navigate - Pets at home head office control features a bit to tight for what is needed.
App is a little glitchy for some colleagues and shifts sometimes incorrect

Bashar A.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Excellent live chat service

Bewertet am 28.10.2020

Love it , can’t live without it !

It’s constantly being developed to suit our company s need s and any glitches dealt with quick. I enjoy the copy shift setting , it allows u to add the shift to any one at multiple times.

I access it on my phone browser and can get slightly frustrating with how small the text is .

Sharna J.

Really Good Rota Software

Bewertet am 1.11.2020

Really good! I would recommend this to other companies to use.

This app/website gets used in our company daily. It’s easy to use and has some fantastic features to ensure doing rotas is smoothly run. Commission reports are also super handy and easy to fill in daily. All in all a great software.

Honestly nothing to fault with this app, I liked all the features and didn’t have a problem with any of them.

Sophie P.
  • Untern. Größe: 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Save time AND optimise staffing, it's a win-win!

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

For our business it has really helped us to streamline a few processes which used to be done manually. Because of this it has been really beneficial to use, particularly during these uncertain times as all of our data is in one location.

The software is really intuitive and I love how easy it is to schedule rotas and make amendments to shifts when things change - during these uncertain times these features are super important as we need to be more flexible than ever before.

To be honest - nothing! Like any new software it took some time to get it set up and familarise myself with it but now it's an absolute breeze to use.

Sohail A.

I love RotaGeek

Outstanding!

I love how easy it is to use, I have the mobile app on my phone also and find seeing my shift and other staff members shifts easy to view. I also find it easy to use for shift scheduling and the help function when you speak to a real person is absolutely outstanding.

Nothing, I love it, done such a great job!