RockSolid MAX

Affordable and easy-to-use POS software helps retailers grow

36 Softwareoptionen

Brandon G.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

RockSolid MAX is helping transform our business

Bewertet am 7.7.2021

Throughout the process of selection, preparation, implementation, and post-implementation we have nothing but positive interactions with the ECi team. Our project team was really fantastic and engaged. They also helped keep us on task and moving forward to hit the go-live date. I have been very happy with the entirety of the project.

There are numerous aspects of the software that we love: Barcode support, A/R functionality, document management, inventory management. Overall the software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. We are improving daily with our understanding and capabilities. Overall, the pro's significantly outweigh any cons we've encountered. I would definitely recommend this software as it has some very cool functionality we are easing ourselves into now that we've made the transition.

So with any out of the box solution, there are going to be challenges. For us there are a couple that were frustrating. First, after an invoice has been processed there can be no changes to it. For example you make a sale to a credit account and the person making the purchase omits the PO#. There is no way to update that field after the fact. Instead you must back the entire transaction out and do it all over. The other challenge are the canned reports. They cover 50% of what we would want to see, in other cases we need to use Crystal Reports. While Crystal reports does work, it is a bit clunky and not very intuitive. So you need to invest time in learning and training on how to use it (we did so with a bunch of online videos which were publicly available).

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Lightspeed Retail

Warum RockSolid MAX gewählt wurde

The P21 platform we were on was from the late 1990s and could not support where we need to take the business. It was an archaic platform that actually put our entire business at risk if the hardware failed (again 1990s computers).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu RockSolid MAX

What it came down to was two variables: First, having a project team who was there with you the entire way was a major decision factor. The other was the overall fit of the software to our business. While there are minor issues where it doesn't fit exactly what we need, the coverage and gains we received for the parts that fit well clearly exceeded the challenges. Without spending 5-10X or more money to get a customized solution, I really believe this was the best investment for our business and so far the benefits are being realized.
Misty S.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

This is a powerful program with features we need to adapt too

Bewertet am 14.9.2019

Easier training for new employees. Non inventory items are easier to track without adding or deleting from current inventory. We were the first to use the Repeat Rewards with Rockmaxx and it was great to work with the support team. All customer service has been great with our ups and downs. To realize we have come so far in 6 months is unbelievable. All sales and customer service reps have followed up with our issues. We have felt like they are one of us when a new issue arrives. I feel we have a lot more to learn with this program due to it's size. A few employees have gone back to the training videos to dig in deeper. As with all programs the more you want to learn the easier it is to use

Look up features are very user friendly if unsure of the correct name for item you can search with minimum effort
Easy use for non tech employees.
Can remote in to system off site.
Price point.
Automatic updates with the cloud based system. No more scheduling these
Automatic backup no expensive server and IT to ensure this is completed.

These cons are base on using Rock Solid for 13 years.
Task takes multiple windows to complete verse all on one window.
Report program had to purchase another program to receive all reports
Time clock not within another program needed for employees
More steps and windows to complete an easy inventory fix.
No hand held device to scan and print labels as with Rocksolid

Angel C.

Ok POS Sytem.

Bewertet am 11.8.2017

Just feels like they want t get as much money out of the customer as they can with added features that cost extra, which are part of most POS Systems basic package.

RockSolid is a reliable software with very few glitches. Uptime is high. Easy to learn and operate.

Important features needed for margins not available. Can not enter more than one product at a time. Does not have a tool to import items.

Kyle A.

Converted from no POS to full POS implementation

Bewertet am 24.6.2021

RockSolid Max lets me have total control over my inventory and see what direction my sales are heading. This is crucial for retail.

The features allow for total control of the system. The interfaces are user-friendly. The more time you spend in the system, the more you learn what it can do.

Integration was tricky at times. Going from no POS to a POS system came with it's own hurdles. At times, I was confusing to know who to contact if something went wrong.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Kinetic

Gründe für den Wechsel zu RockSolid MAX

Price
Debi C.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Its been a game changer for us!

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

The software has allowed us to solve our issues with sales reports, managing inventory and data storage. Since we have gone live, the technical support and training we have received has been outstanding.

Easy to use and implement. We are more efficient and its helped us bring down operating costs for mailing statements, finding and copying paper invoices and managing our inventory.

Integration was a little more difficult than what was to be expected.

Loy R.
  • Branche: Groߟhandel

Loy's Review

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Fair - no one wants to help with Crystal Reports - everyone will just pass buck or say we really don't do that...

Ease of use and ease of training others.

no pick ticket option. No real way of delivering goods and showing what is on hand vs. on back order. Should have a pick ticket version that converts to order. No way to modify an order after complete, should always be able to modify then generate invoicing after 5:00. Receiving is clunky, need a simple on order vs received at this time. Have to dig a lot to find answer to receiving. Need an option to reprint invoices in bulk or transmit, currently sends in separate pdf's.

Laura R.

Happy with Rocksolid Max

Bewertet am 6.7.2021

Overall I am pretty happy with Rocksolid. I believe we all like it much better than the software we were using beforehand. We also like the people we have worked with from implementation to daily issues.

Over time I have noticed that Rocksolid seems to be making my job less time-consuming. I am pretty happy with it overall.

There have been a few times that we have had issues that we have reported and did not get an answer other than they were working on it for months.

Mark Z.

upgrade

Bewertet am 1.7.2021

was a major upgrade for us. it was way past due should of switched to rock solid years ago

easy to learn software. easier to keep track of GP% on products. Credit card processing 100% better then what I had. cost of running the system is way less then wht I had been paying.

trying to figure something out on your own.

David B.

Rock Solid Max-- cumbersome

Bewertet am 12.2.2020

As a daily user of POS software, I was asked to evaluate the new RockSolid Max program. Let me say that I have used POS software, in one format or another, for nearly 30 years. First as a manager for GTE Wireless (now Verizon), next with a major restaurant chain (Shoneys), then with the largest auto parts distributor in the world (Autozone) and now with Manatee Lumber (a member of Do It Best, billed as the “World’s Largest Hardware Store”).

The new Rock Solid Max is BY FAR the most cumbersome software I have ever been exposed to.

I sat down with pen and paper to outline this evaluation. After much thought, I realized that the simple opening procedure explained it all.

The old Rock Solid POS two clicks of the mouse and your system was ready to take a customer. With the new Rock Solid MAX, this process involved 4 steps to get to the sales screen. But the initial frustration wasn’t done. A box was highlighted on the sales screen, indicating that you were ready to make a sale. But it turns out that you have to find the mouse, move the cursor to the highlighted screen and actually click on the window before the system would accept any input.

So we went from two steps to process a customer to 5 steps with the new Rock Solid MAX.

I occurred to me at this point that this opening procedure is indicative of the problems with the new Rock Solid Max. Every single thing you try to do requires at least twice the number of steps to reach the desired result. And to make matters much

Apparently, this review won't be accepted unless I find something I liked most about this system. Try as I might, I can't think of a single thing.

Most incredibly awkward and time consuming POS program I have ever used.

Terry I.

Almost 2 years in and not totally convinced yet

Bewertet am 9.1.2019

We are committed to Rocksolid Max but the learning curve has been extremely steep

The actual point of sale function works awesome! The options and functionality available are a huge step above our old software.

The inability to reverse mistakes. The integration with our accounting software has been brutal. Availability of training for the software seems to be lacking.

Sharon W.

Easy to learn

Bewertet am 8.8.2017

I think all in all, they have a great software program for our hardware store. It fits us well without breaking the bank.

I am fortunate that I get to use both sides of the system. The POS and Roman. Both sides are easy to navigate. The inventory control is fabulous! Especially helpful when you are trying to do your weekly order. You scan something with the handheld and your inventory number for that item is right in front of you. You can do this quickly and make any corrections if necessary right then and there. It saves you time. In Roman, the ease of printing and or emailing monthly statements is wonderful! Easy program to keep track of our customer accounts. Also like the availability of useful reports to keep track of your business.

I wish at times it was quicker to get in touch with someone regarding an issue. Sometimes, you would like an answer right away to free yourself up to move on to the next thing. But, all in all, I DO LIKE the system! There isn't a perfect system out there, they all have their quirks now and again. If someone is turned off by these little bumps in the road here and there, then they are NOT being realistic.
When you do get in touch with someone, they know what they are doing and take care of your issue completely! They get the job done and correctly! No complaints with their expertise, that's for sure.

Jay F.
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

We have the system for over 15 years. We operated 3 hardware stores on a multi-store...

Bewertet am 22.7.2017

The Rock Solid system in our True Value hardware store allows my wife and I to travel and still have the controls necessary to conduct our business , even remotely.

The system is efficient. We handle about 250 customers per day with 2 point-of-sale units and 2 extra terminals on the sales floor and 2 in the office. We process 80% of our sales on credit cards with the new Cayan system which also is very efficient. We have house charge accounts who receive emailed invoices and statements. The reports are plentiful and the support from True Value is experienced and thorough. We utilize the employee time clock and all our employees find the system easy to operate and with our cable internet provider, quick.

I am happy to say that I cannot think of any "cons". The original system was developed by a computer person for a hardware store owner. The 2 guys then formed Rock Solid and further advanced the POS structure to make it available to retail hardware, garden centers and rental facilities in our industry.

Please feel free to call me for any further information. Jay Feinsod 914-447-5935

Cr M.

IMOC Building Supplies

Bewertet am 17.4.2019

It is very user friendly, and also easy to learn to use. The support/training team goes out of their way to make sure you know what you are doing and you are setup for success.

It is a little back on forth between pages/tabs to get the information you need, but it is not a big issue. Once you learn where to find what your looking for it is a breeze.

Velva S.

Rocksolid max

Bewertet am 17.12.2019

its more suitable for hardware and lumber stores

can't be used if the server is not working or down

Peter S.

Satisfied Long Term User of Rock Solid

Bewertet am 27.7.2017

Be confident in the software and the customer service/follow up. As a user i have never felt isolated. There is a strong desire within ECI to get feedback from the users and incorporate individual needs into the software where possible to the benefit of the users.

Its easy and logical to use and teach to new staff members. Down time is effectively zero and when issues have arisen customer support has been superb. Essentially we can forget about the system and concentrate on our customers. The system is flexible to my business and even has the ability to structure reports for my individual needs.

Its nice to say that its hard to think of a negative. If there is a down side to the system i have yet to find it!

Brian M.

POS roulette

Bewertet am 12.4.2019

As a new business our old systems (Palidin/RMS) could not full support our business. We do a lot of custom special orders, on top of 22,000 items in stock and RockSolid Max efficiently monitors it all. With a very minor learning curve, RockSolid Max has met our standard in what we expect from a POS system.

This software is state-of-the-art, and has a lot of perks as well as checks and balances. We have had 4 other POS systems that did not support our business model and were not customizable. Rocksolid Max met our unique needs very well. The customer support is great. If or when I needs something there is a live agent, who speaks clearly and intelligently to address me and my issue(s).

The navigation takes a little bit of time to learn, but makes sense after a few weeks of usage. The bill pay, and applying orders to accounts or payments is a bit of a workload- but follows the check nd balances system, making it cumbersome, but manageable.

Susan T.
  • Branche: Baumaterial

Save money! Save time! Buy RockSolid!

Bewertet am 21.3.2014

RockSolid is the easiest system to learn and use while saving tons of money on support - real support! The system saves us so much time that we now can do a better job of servicing our customers!

Not only are we saving money on the support, we are saving money on supplies and time! We can do our jobs so much faster now. Ordering; receiving; accounts receivable; end of day, month, and year reports; and just day-to-day operations are so much faster and more efficient! Instead of getting piles of paper that I never used to look at, I get concise, meaningful reports that I need in order to run my business. If I need more, there are tons of reports I can run at any time! I love being a part of the RockSolid family! They actually appreciate my business and friendship! I know I appreciate them!

I really have nothing that I don't like about this system or vendor!

Archie A.

Very Satisfied

Bewertet am 19.2.2020

One of the many great features of Rocksolid Max is the path of navigation is pretty much the same in every category . So it makes the software very user friendly for not so technical savvy personnel. Also it has saved much time in purchasing and receiving inventory/orders do to being able to pull data from one document to the next.

Sometimes with the software being cloud based, the sever can glitch and then in tern it makes your POS system go down until the server comes back.

Larry E.

rock solid max

Bewertet am 21.8.2019

Rock solid pos and rock solid roman were much better for overall point of sale, inventory and ordering, Rock solid max i think needs a major overhaul.

There is nothing about this product that i like.

time out way too frequently, including during a sale, should default to sales not to cash or customer name, too much waste of time, items jumps lines when changing quantity ,necessitating the constant checking of the ticket to be sure it is correct, on large orders cannot print a complete ticket,

Antwort von ECi Software Solutions Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

At ECI, we take customer satisfaction and reviews of our software very seriously. After reading this review, we immediately reached out to Lumber Direct to understand Larry's concerns and try to help him with the software. When we called the store and talked to the owner, Misty Stenger we were advised that Larry was a disgruntled employee who is no longer with their company. Misty said that she is very happy with RockSolid MAX and his comments do not reflect her opinion nor that of her other employees.
At the time of this review, Lumber Direct had been a RockSolid MAX customer for roughly six months and a RockSolid customer for 13 years before that. We appreciate working with their business, and the 450 other RockSolid MAX customers that we support. We invite you to read Misty's review that she posted to reflect her actual feedback and opinion about the software.

Megan O.

Necessary upgrade

Bewertet am 18.12.2018

Good Product overall

Helped convert us from push-button registers to point of sale, and digitized our Accounts Receivable.

Not user friendly for longtime staff. (Typing-intensive and database management heavy, neither of which is intuitive in our 75+ year old store.) Presents continual staff mgmt and training needs.

Greg P.

We enjoy working with Rocksolid Max

Bewertet am 27.12.2018

The people behind it are great to work with.

The process of quoting, then converting the quote to an order (both customer order, and PO), and then finalizing it with a sell is easy and efficient.

The reports for inventory and receivables, there are not very many options, and you can't customize them.

Deb M.
  • Branche: Groߟhandel

Wonderful product

Bewertet am 16.4.2019

Our experience has been wonderful. No problems to speak of.

The ease of using the product. The folder tabs that you can have show on any screen that you are working in.

Reports...I wish you didn't have to purchase an outside report maker in order to do specific reports that you want.

Joseph S.
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The best short and long term investment any business owner can make.

Bewertet am 19.9.2017

Really just the best all around system. Rocksolid has saved me Tens of thousands of dollars in the past in saved workers, JIT inventory and so so many more ways.

Rocksolid is simple, easy accurate and dependable. When/if it breaks down (CSR) will fix it. EVERYTIME. There is not enough I can say about this system after 12 years of use. It always exceeds my expectation, and the people are exceptional.

Everything is the best. No short comings. I would like to access my rocksolid computers through my phone though.

Douglas R.

Don't do it!

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

Cloud Based instead of having a server on site

everything about this software is not for the advance Hardware store operations.

Antwort von ECi Software Solutions Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Douglas,
We are sorry to hear that you have struggled with your switch to RockSolid MAX, especially since you had been an ECI customer on our original RockSolid product for so many years. We realize that it can take some time to get used to a new system, but we would really like the chance to make it better for you and your team. We are escalating your concern to your account rep and our professional services team to reach out directly and understand more about your concerns. Again, we hope to make things right for you and Hudson's Hardware.

Daniel K.

Bewertet am 2.1.2020

Overall, it has been a sound investment in the efficiency of our company

The cloud based format, integration with Orgill, fairly simple learning process

Online help is difficult to search/navigate, responses from tech support is very slow (they have a solution, it just takes a while to get it