AWeber

• Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Poor Deliverability For Me Best Tagging Experience

Bewertet am 23.2.2021

My experience with Aweber's customer support even when I start as a free trial was something to take home about.

It's easy to create both HTML templates for your emails and also, their easy drag and drop email builder makes it possible to design your email templates or pick from the library of already made templates and edit your campaigns.

Email campaigns can also be shared with someone else to import all the flows to their autoresponder with Aweber and save a lot of stress.

I love Aweber's ease of signing up plus, it's a powerful autoresponder with a nice user interface, great email list management, custom segmentation, and the fact that it even delivers analytics to your email after sending an email campaign makes it my favorite. As compared to ConvertKit, Aweber is still cheap and an affordable autoresponder to rely on.

Aweber has outstanding customer service which you can reach at any point in time from email, live support, and phone call.

Aweber's Campaign flows feature is currently my third best but then it lacks some features as compared to sender. An example of that feature I was looking for is setting a condition of either a subscriber is qualified to receive the next flow or change a path. That which I can't find in an expensive autoresponder like Aweber.

ConvertKit und Sender

Warum AWeber gewählt wurde

I was promoting Affiliate products and MailChimp had to shut me down and that was why I sourced for another autoresponder which can give me control over my list, what I send and when I send to them.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AWeber

I read a lot of reviews about successful affiliate marketers using Aweber to make money and I thought I should go for it. Plus, I liked their Free trial which offers almost everything the paid plan offers with 500 subscribers.
Ben marcoux (.

AWeber: A Good Start With Email Marketing

Bewertet am 2.3.2021

I enjoyed using AWeber. It was easy to set up lists and broadcast emails. And it made it possible for me to get started building my business online without much tech skill. However, as I became a more advanced marketer and wanted more control in my business, the way AWeber was set up did not seem to make certain advanced automation features possible. Or the interface was set up in such a way to dissuade you from using it for more complex features.

The best part about AWeber is how easy it is to use. There aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles which means that it's super fast to get up and running. And honestly, though it's not my favorite tool, most businesses would do better to use AWeber than their current email marketing system. Also, it's got good deliverability which means your emails actually show up in the inbox instead of spam.

I call AWeber a "beginner" email marketing tool because that's what it feels like. Yes, it'll get you up and running. But it doesn't "feel" powerful and the lack of features leave some things to be desired. But "something" is better than "nothing", so if using something easy gets you and your business to do email marketing, than by all means use AWeber.

Ontraport und Keap

Warum AWeber gewählt wurde

I don't have anything good to say about MailChimp. Not only is the interface clunky, but oftentimes deliverability suffers. And as if that isn't enough, a lot of businesses that are totally ethical, GOOD businesses are forbidden from using the platform. I have many friends who have woken up to their accounts banned, locked out of all their email contacts without so much as a reason. And these weren't people running aggressive offers. They were just regular businesses (like flower shops) that apparently tried to sell their products a little too "hard" and therefore caught the ban hammer.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AWeber

At the time I was just getting started in internet marketing, I wanted to use what the "big names" used. So I looked into the platforms they "recommended." This was before I understood affiliate marketing and didn't know they were getting paid to say how awesome these platforms were. When in reality, yes they are super powerful. But they're also really clunky and take a SUPER long time to learn. Plus, I quickly realized I wouldn't use MOST of what these other platforms offered, so I quickly decided on AWeber so I could get started with my business.
Sedrick M.

A happy marketer!

Bewertet am 20.10.2021

AWeber is a great software.

All of the features are great. I plan to continue to use this software.

Pricing could be lower. I'm on a budget.

B.a. I.
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Good for a small company mail list, but lacks integration

Bewertet am 8.1.2021

Also, it became too costly an option when trying to integrate my WooCommece store data without purchasing a $49 plugin. The more I wanted to do, the fewer options because available not making this a suitable option for me. Overall, my experience with AWeber was less than stellar and I had to drop it for a better solution.

AWeber is good for maintaining a customer list and sending campaigns. It also provides the capability to use a single list among a couple websites with some integration and upgrades. Overall, I would consider it an entry-level list management option.

AWeber lacks the capability to integrate multiple website data seamlessly without some third-party apps. Not being able to maintain a single list among my three websites was a definite downside to continuing using the software. The form builder and landing pages were difficult and cumbersome to configure, setup and integrate. The RSS options was clunky and the templates were lacking any customization.

Trello, ActiveCampaign und ClickUp

Warum AWeber gewählt wurde

I was looking for a better solution for the limitation in Mailchimp, but AWeber was less than stellar. Mailchimp did not give me much analytical data and email marketing options.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AWeber

I initially choose AWeber because I thought it was a improvement over Mailchimp. However, it did not meet my needs as well. So, I switched to ActiveCampaign and glad I did.
Pedro B.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Alternative Aweber for those starting out.

Bewertet am 7.8.2021

Aweber is great, it has benefited me in many ways with my email campaigns.

I know exactly who is opening my emails and clicking on referral links or sales pages in my automations.

That way I can create accurate reports for non-interacting people or buyers and etc...

This is a big help to increase your sales, because you can focus a strong campaign on the right people, just by looking at the reports generated by the tool.

I have an excellent relationship with aweber, the first 3 months were tense, but she helped me to get the necessary results to continue in the fight.

An extremely fantastic tool when it comes to email delivery.

Incredible accuracy of my automations. Without a doubt it's one of the best I've ever used.

A great help for those who are just starting out and don't have much capital to invest. Because aweber allows you to use and learn about the tool for free for 3 months.

In addition to the company's integrity in providing knowledge to its customers and users, they fill their inbox with hundreds of emails almost daily, but it's just to inform about the tool and its features, free courses and lectures for better performance.

aweber support is very good and fast, prompt service, they always solved problems for me immediately.

Also, I used several free Landing Pages templates with fantastic layouts and almost automatic. I just needed to choose the model and just type a call to action.

For everything, I recommend aweber, an outstanding service.

Negative points about this tool, I don't have.

But just an addendum, for those outside the US and needing to use the tool, it's a great idea while using the free months.

But if you're setting up and collecting leads in your campaigns, no results.

You may get frustrated, as the payment will be a little expensive, taking into account the dollar's value in relation to other countries.

But on the whole, I have no criticisms about this software.

Kiva B.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent software at a great price

Bewertet am 30.3.2021

I've tested many marketing software applications like this and Aweber stands out among them for a few reasons. They have top-notch customer service that is really helpful and they really care. And it shows because they actually offer phone support, something so few marketing software companies actually do. Aweber has a ton of features and their pricing is excellent for what you get. It is also super easy to use and to set up and overall it is designed in a really intuitive way.

It could have better reporting features and a nicer interface, but neither of those are big issues.

Antwort von AWeber Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you so much for the review, Kiva! If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

Fabian D.

The Aweber Review

Bewertet am 14.10.2019

Great autoresponder for digital marketing/ affiliate marketing professionals. Your potential to grow and maintain active lists is entirely up to your competencies.

Aweber provides great email templates with superb integration with other top tier programs. It even offers email marketing training and split testing functionality.

The only con I can think of is that the price increases dramatically as your list size increases. However it still remains very competitive with other autorepsonders.

SendGrid, Sendlane und GetResponse

Warum AWeber gewählt wurde

Mailingboss is a part of the Builderall system that I used before. Aweber also provides better looking and better integrated templates.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AWeber

I found it was a lot more user friendly and offered a great 30 day trial with which to test the product with.
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Mass Emails made easy, especially if you do Campaigns

Bewertet am 10.2.2021

I found it a little bit of a learning curve, because it is powerful and has a lot of html graphical ability which is pretty and designer friendly like if I was a web designer, which I am not. The greatest equalizer there is the award winning easily accessible tech support. Their customer service is hospitality devine!

The ability to use multiple lists, OR the same list with segments.

I would love to be able to sort alphabetically inside AWeber my lists, to match with other databases to ensure that I have not missed someone. You have to export to excel for that feature or functionality. One other element threw me, it's case sensitive in other words if you search KATHY you will not find Kathy.

Salesforce Service Cloud und Constant Contact

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AWeber

The campaign strength variety of options and overall support awards.
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Turn email management into robust lead to sale concersion

Bewertet am 29.7.2021

Very good

This software helps us be sure we don’t keep sending invitation and sale email content to prospects who are now customers. Awebber gave us automation where we were needing to keep a physical eye on email lists. And cross reference information.

It’s not as easy to create content in as a long time competitor- and there is a customer service element that the same company excels in. However. The other things Awebber offers us are worth it.

Mailchimp und Constant Contact

Warum AWeber gewählt wurde

Switch is not completely true. We really use both but for different things now.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AWeber

The ability to convert prospects to customers
Amanda V.
  • Branche: E-Learning

I Used to Love Aweber, It is great for a beginner

Bewertet am 21.7.2020

I was very happy with it in the beginning, it just didn't meet my needs as my business grew.

I liked that it was a low annual fee for my needs. I liked that they were pretty good at following trends, like customizing user experience for my email members.

Honestly, I really did enjoy using this service, my business needs just grew and it didn't grow along with it fast enough for me. It was pretty hard to get everything I needed to communicate across my multiple platforms, so I eventually moved to an all-in-one platform to make my business life much easier. But they were great for a beginnner.

Antwort von AWeber Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for your feedback, Amanda. We really appreciate it. Just for your awareness, a lot has changed with our platform since you left. We've been releasing tons of new features. If you're ever interested in taking another look at AWeber, we'd love to have you back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Suzanne S.
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Old faithful

Bewertet am 7.10.2020

It's been both a positive and negative experience. I'm still not sure I will stay with them longterm.

Aweber has stood the test of time. It is easy to get set up and get going. I like that it is stable, and it is always encouraging to me when I see that very successful people whose emails I let into my inbox are using Aweber.

Their customer service was very helpful to me when I was getting my account set up and had questions on a few things.

I do not care for their boring confirmation messages, and the fact that if I want something that is different, I have to get approval from them before I can use it.

I also saw a huge flaw when I participated in a promotional event with several others who also use Aweber. Apparently, when somone signs up for several email lists that are all hosted on Aweber, in a short space of time, Aweber sees that behavior as "spammy" and automatically unsubscribes that person from all the lists he/she subscribed to.

Their argument is that it protects Aweber customers and it protects their system overall. The problem is that it is unsubscribing people who actually want to receive these emails and if you are delivering a product by email, or even giiving information by email on how the new subscriber can receive that product, then the subscriber will never get that email.

When I contacted Aweber about this twice, the support staff was very blasé about this. One support staff member was good enough to remove the block and resubscribe the persons who had been removed so they subscriber could get the emails. Another refused to do so, and said that the subscriber would have to contact them to remove the block. How many people are actually going to take this extra step to receive emails???

Richard C.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Makes life easier

Bewertet am 22.11.2019

First class, the support is great and on hand 24hrs a day. Its easy to see the best performing emails.

the sign up forms are fast and easy to design and put on any website. it links in with facebook and twitter and social media. plus PayPal or stripe, so when a customer make a purchase they get added to the right mailing list and receive the automated email

im unable to automate moving subscribers from one list to another when they finish a automation series

Keap

More professional

SurveyMonkey

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AWeber

It was focused on email marketing

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your review! I noticed that you mentioned wanting to automatically move subscribers from one list to another when they complete an automation series. This is possible within AWeber, except you wouldn't need to move them from one list to another. Instead, you would keep them on the same list, and start them on a new automated series. Our support team can help you with this. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm.

Jonas L.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

The easiest autoresponder for beginners

Bewertet am 7.8.2018

Fantastic. I don't think i'll ever change autoresponder. I've tried GetResponse and others and they are also awesome, but I like the simplicity of Aweber so I don't really see why I would ever change.

I've used Aweber since 2014, and i've NEVER had an issue with them.

Sure, they have downtime just like every other autoresponder a couple times per year, but it's always fixed really quickly.

The deliverability is awesome, it's extremely easy to use and their customer is support is insanely responsive. I have had to do a few minor changes to my account every now and then, I kid you not, they have taken care of my issues usually within 2-3 minutes of me opening up the chat (which is now open 24/7)

I've heard that if you open a new account with Aweber now, you need to use their service for around a month using double optin, which could be annoying. When I set my account up several years ago, I didn't have to do that. So if you're planning on running paid ads etc right away, that might be an issue for you. If not, Aweber is awesome and i'm sure you'll love it.

Hi Jonas,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I wanted to quickly clarify that, generally speaking, we don't require new customers to use double opt-in after signing up for an account. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help with your account.

Carol M.
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!

Bewertet am 25.9.2019

Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

Suzanne S.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

AWeber can help you improve your email marketing

Bewertet am 13.5.2020

Overall, it's been satisfactory. It's possible I could have benefited more by using their tutorials and calling support. It has collected subscribers easily for me and it's been effortless in maintaining them over the years. I haven't used any other programs and have considered switching recently, but I'm not sure if I would be able to transfer my subscriber information easily.

I started using AWeber to college subscribers to my college prep mailing list. They offered an affordable way to college email subscribers and sell my college product. Once subscribers are collected you can create email marketing campaigns using newsletters. It also allows you to manage your subscribers and determine which emails are effective.

From the beginning, it was a bit difficult to navigate the program. I have had problems with their templates and understanding how to use them. I also was not happy with the increase in cost from $19 to $29 when my subscribers reached a certain threshold. I have also had trouble with understanding how to schedule emails and use the data to my benefit.

Kenny K.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use email marketing platform

Bewertet am 21.7.2021

AWeber is easy to use and I've always received great support when I contacted their helpdesk. Usually got helped within minutes. I can tell the support agents and team really care about the customers. I would recommend AWeber if you're looking for a good email marketing platform that offers great email deliverability and customer support.

I like how easy AWeber is to get started with. Everything is well-organized (lists, subscribers, tags...) and you can quickly have your email list ready to accept subscribers. I found other autoresponders or email marketing tools either too complicated or lacking features. AWeber keeps it easy for beginners and has quite some advanced features for the professional email marketer. It also has many integrations with other tools, which is good for the professionals.

No cons here. I've been using this tool for over a decade. If I'm being picky, maybe some extra automations could be added, but so far I've been able to do all the things that are essential for my email business.

Haresh G.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Awesome experience so far to use Aweber email marketing system for my all clients

Bewertet am 23.11.2019

My overall experince is fantastic so far because I have almost used their all features. Moreover, I also help many people to integrate Aweber without any charges because I love to do that to help people.

Specially Aweber has great amount of templates to use for different type of emails to send out for email marketing. Moreover, they have best integration way to integrate their system with landing page. Even they provide an API option so we can easily integrate our custom workflow with website or mobile applications. I found, they have excellent email tracking history and reports. By this tracking details, we can easily find how it delivered to our customers, they the email got opened and clicked on any link which we had in email body part. Overall, my experience is fantastic to use Aweber to use it for all my clients so far. I also help people to integrate Aweber with their landing page without any charging because it doeant take much time for me so if any help needed, I would surely help you. Thanks

I found only one and that is you need to have bit knowledge of how email marketing works. But, thats a part of any email marketing though!

Jorden B.

My email server of choice!

Bewertet am 30.6.2018

I've been using Aweber since the very beginning of my online business about 7-8 years ago. It integrates well with other services to make an automated flow of things. I love the segmentation I can do. Just the overall ease of using it. Oh, and their customer service is INCREDIBLE. Probably one of my favorite features. There is someone live to chat with within seconds to help you. Incredible support, no waiting.

Of course, like any new tool, is the learning curve at the beginning. But once you understand the different things you can do with your email lists...it's easy. And depending how complex or simple you do things to send emails, it can be super simple to get started.

Antwort von AWeber Communications Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jorden! We really appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to shorten the learning curve and make using our platform as easy as possible. If you have any questions or need any help with your account, please let us know!

Jorge S.

One of the best

Bewertet am 21.10.2020

I have had a great experience with AWeber and I can say it helped me alot basically when I was at the beginning on the digital marketing industry.

Since I work with clients in order to achieve some Digital Marketing results AWeber has been some of the tools I have used the most. I like that it has some pretty form designs and that it has integration with a lot of themes and plugins for optin forms. I also like that AWeber has ease of use.

I use to regret about AWeber for its lack of automation features, but since this is not a limitation any more, I think AWeber is a great email & automation marketing tool.

Mailrelay und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AWeber

I choose AWeber because I made a research and I thought AWeber was the best for me based on some of the reviews I read about it.
Jessie L.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Good for getting started

Bewertet am 9.1.2021

I used AWeber for a few years with my first business and was very happy for the price. I had their most basic paid plan which did everything I needed at the time. I will say after taking a year off and reopening this year, AWeber came in second (in a list of 10 options) when making my decision for what to use for the reopening.

When I started my first solo business and needed a way to send emails to a list, Weber was where I started. I had little knowledge about what I might need and wanted a way to get started with as little friction as possible. AWeber did just that.

Probably user inexperience on my end, but I couldn't get a handle on how to best use tags and segments to my advantage.

Mailchimp und Constant Contact

Gründe für den Wechsel zu AWeber

I wanted something a little more "professional" than free options while still being simple and budget friendly.
Justin M.
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and effective email marketing tool

Bewertet am 12.3.2021

Very good. We have kept this service for a number of years because of their support and functionality. Every software has its issues but if their support team are quick and effective it makes it a great software.

I like how you can easily put together a broadcast email here.

Their support team are fantastic.

I think that it can be a little easier to turn off double opt-in for subscribers.

Sendinblue

The reviews.
Simon P.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Good beginner option for email marketing

Bewertet am 10.5.2021

Generally AWeber is a good solid piece of software and was ideal for the first stages of email marketing. I had no problems with it at all .Once you start getting more than 500 subscribers you have to make a decision on the features you need and pricing bands for other companies. AWeber is still very competitive at under $20/month, but other competitors have superior features.

Price (free for first 500 subscribers), subscriber tagging, Wordpress plugin, landing pages and forms, Google Analytics

At the time, the pricing for more than 500 subscribers didn't work for me so I switched products to ConvertKit

Pricing and features
  • Branche: Internet
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Excellent email marketing for small businesses

Bewertet am 29.11.2019

I've been very happy with Aweber. It's reliable, pretty easy to use, and can do everything that I need it to do. It's rare that I need customer service, but their service has been very good when needed.

Aweber is very powerful with lots of features and options, but still easy to use. You won't have to spend hours trying to figure out how it works. There is very little learning curve.

The email automation features are a little more limited as compared to some other companies, however, Aweber is priced well and does everything that most small businesses will need.

Mailchimp und GetResponse

Warum AWeber gewählt wurde

Better features for my needs
Kehinde A.
  • Branche: Computer-Software

My experience with Aweber

Bewertet am 22.12.2017

For easy to use Email Marketing Platform, Aweber is just the best that I have used.

The singular thing I so much love about Aweber is their User Interface UI. It is so simple and straightforward. Everything you needed are at the right place.

Their inbox rate in superb, from experience I normally have up to100% inbox rate. My list is less than 2000 subscribers but then I believe their system sends out emails as though it's sending directly to one person at a time.

Their landing pages are simple and easy to customize. They have Javascript, plugins for different CMS and blogging platform and Html though I use the html mostly.

Actually, Many times I had wanted to create a more sophisticated web forms but their platform is not compatible for it. What I am trying to say is that I have had needs for forms that help people to take a short survey thereby building my list with it or a two-step form but the feature is included.
Aside that, every other things are just perfect.

Adrian K.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use and great support

Bewertet am 26.8.2020

I use AWeber for list managament especially for new projects where I want to test a market before allocating resources to build a website. It works really well for that. Split testing is easy and their support is very good. The landing pages could be more controllable but actually that probably isn't the most important thing in a campaign (Although you could say why bother to split test then, well that would be a good point). I would like to be able to put video in there because that does make a difference to engagement. I guess they'll add it at some point. It's not full of features like ClickFunnels but then it's much more reasonably priced as a result!

I can set up a list campaign quickly and easily without even needing a website

I can't put video in the AWeber landing page

Antwort von AWeber Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Adrian. Thanks so much for your review! I noticed your comment about not being able to put video on your landing page. We do allow that by simply adding the link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo. If you need assistance with it, please contact our Customer Solutions team.