SendGrid

Rahul R.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Most Underrated Powerful Email Marketing Tool

Bewertet am 1.5.2022

Sendgrid is a powerful email marketing tool that offers superior services to its customers. Sendgrid is a must-have tool for start-ups, eCommerce businesses, freelancers and corporates. One thing that separates Sendgrid from other email marketing tools is their scalability once our list grows. The free version of Sendgrid allows you to send 100 emails every day.

What I like most about Sendgrid is that most of the tools out there offer easy integration with Sendgrid. Some apps can even directly integrate with SendGrid without using automation software like Zapier.

Sendgrid's UI is a bit confusing and it took some time to get used to the options. The email editor lacks certain features.

ConvertKit, Moosend und Omnisend

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde

They are very expensive and for half the price I can get all the features on Sendgrid.

Sendlane

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Sendgrid offers more options and subscribers on the free plan than what they offer on their paid plan.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Reliable, high-bandwidth, and reasonably priced

Bewertet am 31.5.2022

Overall, SendGrid has been a very valuable asset for our company. Even when we are not fully using every available feature, it's never failed us at a crucial moment, and continues to be a reliable and reasonably priced solution for us.

Our help desk/support team skews more to the "client's industry specialist" side and less to the tech savant end. That being said, SendGrid continues to be simple to use tool for those that interact with it daily. Setup and further customizations have been simple, and over the course of 10 years, it has continued to prove its value with minimum service inturruptions.

Our team's only major complaint during our ensure using SendGrid was mostly when it was a less mature product. There were some shortcomings early on with the email marketing and contact management, but there has been considerable progress and improvements in almost all corners of their service and UI.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Our company was VERY small and short staffed when we realized we needed a transactional/API email service. After reading reviews and comparing pricing and features, SendGrid fit our needs the best, especially the pricing packages.

Not satisfied

Bewertet am 10.6.2022

We have been using Sendgrid for more than 2 years, we use it only for transactionals emails. Now we are moving to another solution because of the weak delivery provided by sendgrid.

Available only in English. Add spanish and french will be a plus

Pius E.

SendGrid

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

Sendgrid handles all my mailing campaigns and I have stuck with it from day one to date. I like the email deliverability and tracking metrics offered by SendGrid and will stick with it for the foreseeable future as everything works smoothly.

It was very easy to integrate with my existing stack. SendGrid has really worked hard to make sure it's easy to use their software with other services out there. Most website builders by default ask you to integrate Sendgrid as your emailing service, and that was the case with my website builder. It was really easy for me to get started as all I had to do was add an API key in a provided input field. SendGrid did all the heavy lifting and I did not have to do any coding or even go through the API documentation(which by the way is very comprehensive ). You fill that that is the case in so many services that integrate with SendGrid, integration is light-work.

It is a little expensive, especially when sending a tonne of emails out and having a lot of contacts. Your email totals low-key add up when you have multiple drip campaigns and transactional emails set up. If you have a small budget it's really difficult to get measurable success on SendGrid as I found out when I just started while having a very low budget. The best way to get the best out of SendGrid is with a substantial budget, and that's a bummer when starting out.

Mailchimp und AWeber

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

I choose Sendgrid because it was really easy to set up with my stack of Bubble and Zapier without any code of using the API documentation.
Sheryl S.
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

SendGrid is one of the best EMS optimized for marketing professionals

Bewertet am 19.6.2022

SendGrid handles all of our mailing campaigns and we are very satisfied with the performance. I like the deliverability and tracking metrics provided by it.

It's been over 2 years of using Sendgrid for many things within the marketing team. The code editor allows for effective e-mail marketing campaigns. SendGrid has tons of useful e-mail templates.

SendGrid doesn't have an intuitive GUI to edit like MailChimp. To make a custom e-mail marketing campaign you must know how to code.

HubSpot Marketing Hub, GetResponse und Mailchimp

Cost and ease of use.

GetResponse und Mailchimp

Budgetary limitations
Carlos R.
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Monatlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Bad user experience and questionable customer service

Bewertet am 11.3.2022

I just needed to send emails for email verification and such, I was building a prototype and all good and easy. Things happened and the prototype was put on hold for almost a year.

Recently I restarted work on the prototype and for some reason invites weren't working, I haven't changed anything nor touched the configuration.

After accessing the SendGrid website I found out my account was closed due to inactivity (fair enough I guess) and I would need to create a new account, upon creating a new account I'm faced to a screen that says my account was flagged by "the system" and I need to answer a few questions, one of them is the random username that I chose and don't remember...

I tried to contact the support to find that their support page requires you to be login and funny enough you need an open account to do anything... Basically the support website was useless to my newly found closed account, so I did the other thing they recommend on their support page, reaching out to twitter support @SendGridSupport , which I did, on their response there's this text:
"If you do want to take a look at further options for the deactivated account you can reach out to our HelpDesk by emailing [email protected](...)" - Cool I can get back my old account if I send an email... I sent the email, explaining that I got locked out, the customer rep sent me a pasted response.
At the end I cannot get my account reactivated and need to send proof of my domain ownership(which I updated CNAME)

Quite easy to setup, integration with firebase was easy enough

User experience, account closed due to inactivity and without any email or notification.

Customer support didn't even read what I wrote and just copy&pasted a response.

New account flagged by "the system" and misleading information provided by their twitter support.

Best Transactional Email Service Out there

Bewertet am 9.6.2022

Extremely satisfied till now and have been using it for the past 4 years.

The uptime and delivery monitoring service is the best in class. No doubt large enterprises like Uber, Spotify, etc. use sendgrid for their email delivery. Additionally, its overall communication tools suite like Twilio SMS, Whatsapp business make it an all in one solution for all the communication related APIs

Probably needs a little elaborative developer documentation with respective to example code samples for a newbie.

Sendinblue und Mailchimp
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Allows you to see how your emails perform

Bewertet am 2.5.2022

Great. We really love Sendgrid. We are using another different tool doing the same job, for various reason, but Sendgrid is really the one with which you can do more and analyze more.

We have been using Sendgrid for many things within the marketing team.

We have been able to see how our emails perform in terms of sending, receiving, opening, click rate.
It allows us to make bolder and assured move for the next ones we planned to have : which CTAs worked, what needs to be changed, etc.

Our team in general is working with a huge data base of emails: they are able to verifiy if emails are bounced ones or if they work etc. We want to make sure that our transactional emails are efficient and Sendgrid help greatly for that.

It contains a LOT of data if you are blasting a lot of emails to a lot of different group of people. The best is to have one person dedicated in the teazm to really play with the data and share it to the team. Otherwise, each person can spend a lot of time on it.

• Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great software for email delivery check

Bewertet am 6.6.2022

SendGrid is a daily companion as a validator in an internet company. We use it to check that each email is valid. It helps us to avoid loosing time on fake request or to do the extra mile for worthy users, also, to check some actions done by the user on our emails. It is time saving on this tiny but necessary job.

Intuitive, it is very easy to use (no special need of an onboarding or something).
The team is creative enough to create a short silly game while waiting for the result to load 😂
The authentification check to log in is fast ! (No friction as on some other softwares)

Well, maybe explore other possible features...

Danny M.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Platform used to be strong, but performance and support declined over time.

Bewertet am 11.6.2022

I liked the intuitive interface and the email builder. I often would use custom HTML templates but utilized the email builder as well.

Email deliverability and reporting/analytics

Dome S.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

That's the best smtp software you can get for your buck

Bewertet am 19.11.2021

i would recommend sendrgrig to everyone my mum included. It's just the best smtp provider if you consider money and value

ok this is not a free software but you can get all you want: just smtp or stats and more.. what I really enjoyed was the stats service.. If you run an e-commerce you'll be familiar with the question: "did my customer got the email?" well with sendgrid you can actually answer that question. You'll have a full report and you can easily tell if your customer got the email or something went wrong. This is something just invaluable.

This is not a pricy software but you need to understand its value. if your business is not big enough maybe it will be hard to sustain. nevertheless i just can say this is the place to look even if you have a small business. unless you want to take the burden of handling smtp this software is just awesome.

MailUp, Zoho Mail und Mailchimp

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde

This is the best software if you need an affordable secure smtp with stats and cherries on top.

Zoho Mail und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

SendGrid is my recommended choice. I'll keep suggesting it to all my customers.
Vishal J.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

SendGrid - Best Email API for sending marketing emails

Bewertet am 9.8.2021

I use SendGrid for sending communication and marketing emails to thousands of customers every day. Sending close to 100,000 emails per month and the quality of service is quite good. Must say I am happy to use SendGrid.

The best thing about using the SendGrid Email API was the performance measured in terms of email deliverability and server uptime.

The dashboard provides good insights with respect to number of emails sent, delivered and opened. Thus helps a great deal in improving marketing campaigns.

From the deployment point of view, the integration of SendGrid with the existing email service was quite easy and can be completed easily without great efforts.

As far as technical aspects are concerned, there is nothing which I don't like.

On the pricing front, would like to add my views. Currently, the pricing plans are available as Free (100 emails per day), Essentials and Pro. The Essentials plan starts from 14.95$ per month for upto 40,000 emails a month and the Pro starts at 89.95$ per month. These plans are good for small and medium size websites.

Would be good to see if a new Basic plan is introduced for a low starting price of 4.95$ per month and offering upto 10,000 emails a month. Such a plan would be highly suitable for extra small website applications who have a limited customer base.

Sendinblue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Going by various product reviews and comparing the various plans offered by different vendors, we decided to select SendGrid as the best choice for our email requirements.
Eddie L.
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

E-mail Marketing optimized for Professionals

Bewertet am 7.7.2021

SendGrid is a tool made for those looking for industrial strength e-mail marketing. If you have a small list and want a free tool where you have many templates and can drag and drop designs, MailChimp is the right tool. However, if you are sending millions of e-mails and want to use code and highly technical attributes with tens of thousands of users in your e-mail list you pretty much have to abandon MailChimp and SendGrid is the best tool in the space

The code editor and how everything is optimized for coding allows for truly beautiful e-mail marketing campaigns. SendGrid can accommodate beautiful e-mail templates that were created in HTML/CSS, you just have to know how to code for it to be useful for you.

They do not have a way to graphically edit particularly easily like with MailChimp.

To make a good looking e-mail marketing campaign you must know how to code, there are not a lot of templates provided for you to edit or drag and drop. It was not intended as a tool if you would like to drag and drop.

On the upside this got us to learn how to code better.

Warum SendGrid gewählt wurde

MailChimp actually gets very pricey after you exceed 2,000 users. MailChimp also lacks the sophistication you need when you start doing more advanced activities companies like Uber and Spotify do. If you see sent by MailChimp you know it's a small business.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

SendGrid is professional strength e-mail marketing.
Oscar C.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The best mail service provider for marketing and transactional emails.

Bewertet am 20.5.2019

I have been working with Sendgrid for more than 2 years and it really has been very helpful.

It's perfect when you need to send transactional mails, for example password recovery or notifications to users from your website. or custom marketing campaigns. You can implement on your App easily with his Full Documented API or via SMTP.

The free forever plan is perfect when you're starting a website or application and still do not have enough users. You can also easily upgrade your plan in order to get more emails monthly .

Recommended with closed eyes.

1. Have AB Testing enable.
2. Manage unsubscribe emails.
3. Easy to Integrate via API or SMTP.
4. Email Reputation indicator.
5.Full detailed report. You can see if the email it's blocked, bounced or delivered.
6. Have a Forever Free plan . (40.000 Emails in the trial period, then 100 Emails Daily forever)

Send grid interface it's a little bit confuse.

No more cons to highlight, for me it's a perfect tool.

Mailchimp Transactional Email, Sendinblue und Mailjet

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

His API have a good documentation and it's easy to implement. The free forever plan . The Price it's low in comparison with the competitors.
Mckenzie J.
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Effective Emailing tool

Bewertet am 10.9.2021

Excellent

We use sendgrid for our enterprise application for all purpose ranging from notification, verification and transactional information. We switched from a competitor that was burning our pockets and had a lot of issues. the pricing was a balance between our budger and our requirements and send grid just fit into the grid for us

No complaints. However the suggestion to the manufacturers would be to improvise the documentation for this product to provide more use case specific guidance to help users

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)

Nurul aishah G.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001-10 000 Mitarbeiter

Simplified email service

Bewertet am 3.11.2021

Our business application uses Sendgrid for various purposes, including notification, authentication, and transactional data. We migrated from a competitor that was draining our bank accounts and causing a slew of problems. The cost was a good match for our budget and objectives, and the send grid was a perfect fit for us. They provide some handy online manuals to get you started, as well as a variety of configurable options to make sure the device is suitable for you.

It requires greater adaptability and customization tools to be successful in the long run. I couldn't discover a method to adjust automatic track in UTMs; it can only be activated or deactivated, which isn't convenient. The integrating and installation procedure were the most challenging aspects of implementing Sendgrid for us. However, customer assistance and YouTube tutorials were beneficial.

Abigail N.
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

An Easy to Use Email Marketing Software

Bewertet am 5.7.2018

The detailed stats from each email campaign is amazing, and the Unsubscribe groups option really helped with GDPR compliance

1. On the bottom left side of the dashboard is a small reputation percentage bar, that measures your reputation. The bar is updated daily based on your email sends, your reputation goes down if your email bounces or is marked as spam.
2. Stats: SendGrid provides A LOT of data on the performance of your email campaigns, these stats are: Requests, Delivered, Opens, Unique Opens, Clicks, Unique Clicks, Unsubscribes, Spam Reports, Bounces, Blocks, Bounce Drops, Spam Report Drops, Unsubscribe Drops and Invalid Emails. SendGrid also provides stats such as: Global Stats, Category Stats, Category Comparison, Subuser Stats, Subuser Comparison, Geographical, Email Clients & Devices, Mailbox Provider Stats, Mailbox Provider Comparison, Browser Stats, and Browser Comparison
3. A/B Testing
4. Unsubscribe Groups: This is without doubt my favorite feature from SendGrid. When you click on "Marketing" on the left side of your dashboard, and select tour from the drop down, it sort of lists steps to set up for sending marketing emails. Step 3 on the list of things to do is to create unsubscribe groups. Here you can Create groups that represent types of email that you regularly send to your recipients. If a recipient chooses to unsubscribe, they will have the option of selecting which of these groups they want to unsubscribe from.

1. The Email templates in SendGrids gallery are a bit basic which initially wasn't a problem as I liked creating my own template, but I did not like how I couldn't modify the "columns" module to my taste.

I wanted to create a template with three columns with the center column bigger than the two on the side. The idea was to have my client's images linking to their projects (On their websites) on the side columns, with the write up in the center column.
However, that couldn't be done (At least so far it seems so as I can't find any option to tweak the size/width of each column) as each column has an equal width.

2. No automation function: I'd like to create a sort of If/Then sequence where I can resend an email to a group of people after x days, for example, I'd like to resend an email (With a different heading of course) to people who have not opened the first email after four days.

Anatoly G.
  • Branche: Informationsdienst

SendGrid offers a great transactional email API, but deliverability & support issues hold it...

Bewertet am 1.8.2018

Easy integration into our platform and deliverability metrics. Dedicated IP, if you pay for it.

We use SendGrid for transactional emails, such as welcome messages & notifications. Generally, SendGrid offers great tools to integrate emails into a variety of different application platforms and programming languages. We really like its level of detail when checking on the status of emails. Sendgrid is also free for basic transactional emails, which makes it easy to try and ensure it will work with your application. We use a third-party library called Nodemailer with Sendgrid, so switching from a different service to Sendgrid was trivial.

While the service is easy to use and offers comprehensive email activity metrics, there are a few things about it we didn't like. First, because the free tier uses shared IPs, we consistently had emails that wouldn't get delivered because of IP blocks. There were a handful of IPs that we had that experience with, and it persisted for weeks -- without any support intervention. Sendgrid must have deliverability metrics on their side as well, so I am surprised they didn't drop these IPs from their IP pool proactively. We had to upgrade to the PRO plan, which was the least expensive plan that had a dedicated IP. We also had to pay extra for 30 days of email history, you get 3 days by default. I'd love to see all these options be a-la-carte, but I get that you need to make revenue somehow, and few companies send enough emails to justify jumping to the next paid plan -- unless you NEED that deliverability guarantee that you get w/ dedicated IPs, which we did.

Zee G.
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

If you're tight on the budget...

Bewertet am 29.10.2019

It did what we needed it to do, so that was good. We used it for over a year for monthly newsletters, but as soon as our marketing budget allowed it, we switched to MailChimp.

It did work and it did send the email newsletters that we needed it to. Therefore, it wasn't a complete waste of money :D Compared to many other options for email marketing, SendGrid was one of the cheapest options (except for sending the newsletters manually through one's email) and that was one of the reasons why we went with it.

It's got a lot of features, but they feel half-baked (I'm sorry, but they do.) For example, you can unsubscribe those whose emails have bounced or who unsubscribed. But in order to do that, you need to download those lists, then upload them to a special list you can call "unsubscribes" or whatever, and then, right after you've imported this list, you delete it - along with associated accounts. THIS deletes the people who bounced from your lists. Seriously?!

The annoying thing was the styling within the newsletter. I am a perfectionist, so all text sizes and everything should be consistent. However, SendGrid kept changing the styles of my text and I had to choose "Normal" several times (even after copy-pasting the text from Notepad that doesn't support formatting AT ALL). And if you click on "Edit HTML" (which I often do because it's a fast way to clean away all the annoying tags), SendGrid would convert my block to HTML and would have an entirely different set of styles for it.

Also, the support pages were written for someone who is native to this SendGrid thing and not a newbie. Despite doing email marketing for years, I had a hard time understanding what I need to do.

Reply und Mailchimp
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Sendgrid shines on mass mailing, but lacks some required features

Bewertet am 25.7.2018

Transactional email

Sendgrid is ready for your scale. From the smallest Saas apps to the largest enterprises, Sendgrid was built with scale in mind. It handles transactional emails very well, and is relatively simple to integrate into your codebase or product workflow. Templates come out of the box, but some coding knowledge is needed to style transactional emails. All templates can be easily versioned.

Concerns on security and blacklisting are limited. As long as you follow their recommendations, Sendgrid will deliver your email.

Pricing is very fair and generous. In years of use, I've never gone over a plan limit.

Functionality can be limited in interesting ways depending on your plan. On the most basic paid plans, several code features are just missing. Reporting is the most glaring issue, with basic reporting showing only a rolling group of recently sent emails. Without a deeper dive into your logs, you may miss issues.

Transactional emails also lack some features that seem required, like weblinks for email and easy native unsubscribe. There are workarounds for both, but not without challenges. Version tracking for templates is also completely missing, unless you use new versions for each edit you make.

Jonathan B.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

An affordable choice for transactional emails with one flaw

Bewertet am 28.9.2020

Overall, the experience was solid. Price and customer service were great. Unfortunately, the spam and email block issue was a deal breaker.

The pricing is great. Easy to use API with lots of documentations. Their user interface is straightforward. The customer service has always been pretty quick to get back to me. It's a popular service with a lot of integrations available.

I was a happy user of Sendgrid for a long time, but emails sent with the service always went to the spam folder for Microsoft email services (Outlook, Hotmail, MSN). This could never seem to get resolved, even with a dedicated IP that they offered. Then recently, Microsoft started blocking the emails. I found out this was because a spammer had used their service and got the shared IP blacklisted. They were unable to help me resolve it swiftly, so I had to leave the service, because we have a lot of people who use Microsoft email services.

Mailgun
Jase W.
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

A full suite of rich marketing power.

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

We send thousands of 2-factor authentication emails out monthly with Sengrid and hundreds of marketing emails out each month. The flexibility in passing large volume of email data to a sending partner allowed us to focus on developing the areas we needed and leaving email marketing to Sendgrid.

Sendgrid have a full published API allowing for easy integration into any system you build. They have some super helpful guides online to get started and a whole host of customisable settings to ensure the product works for you.

The 30 day reporting period is quite limited and I wish this was closer to 90 days or longer.

Mailgun

Gründe für den Wechsel zu SendGrid

Sendgrid have a stack of other features including SMS messages and contact management. For us, it felt like the better long term partnership.
Matt M.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Best Transnational Email App

Bewertet am 26.11.2019

We use Sendgrid to send emails from our website and our SaaS applications. This allows us to send emails without worrying about local security surrounding SMTP servers and maintaining the servers and services around email. We love them for their free plan as well as it allows us to test and deploy without road blocks.

The easy integration with their API and out of box integration with dozens of third parties. Easy to use SMTP gateway service and amazing free to start plan.

Office365 now blocks most of Sendgrids IP ranges which makes delivery difficult in some cases. You can how ever upgrade to a dedicated IP and this isn't an issue with their software. Other than that, have more than 1 api user on the entry plan would be great but what can I complain about..

Mailchimp Transactional Email

Pricing.
Mohammad iqbal K.

Send Grid - Review

Bewertet am 1.2.2021

I am benefiting by using Send Grid for sending email alerts to the users of our applications via email for their preferred choices of information. The overall experience with Send Grid is great in technicalities and features however seeks improvement in response time by customer services.

A free plan is the most attractive thing they offer. Their free plan is for life long tenure. It is easy to integrate the Send Grid with almost any software. It offers a choice to integrate using their API or connect through SMTP. Their dashboard and reports are very detailed.

It seeks improvement in multiple areas like customer services, business intelligence and error messages. There user interface also confuses sometime.

Abel B.
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

We use Sendgrid for many things

Bewertet am 7.2.2021

It's simply pleasant and we're still with them for the simplicity. That can't be over emphasized.

Two things actually. The transactional email software was what we started with and it was exceptional. The emails were fast and delivered promptly. That made us try the email Marketing feature and we eventually dumped Mailchimp for it. You can have as much as 1000 free subscribers and send 6000 emails per month, not as much as Mailchimp is offering but it gets the job done and we love the simplicity, are there cons? Yes, and I'll get to that shortly. Sendgrid also takes security seriously and never lets you rest until you've turned on two factor authentication even when I'm sure my account is not in that much of a threat, simply not bad.

Mostly on the email marketing part cause that's what we use more often. The pricing isn't small business friendly and you'd have to pay more to access essential features like automation, not great, you'd have to pay more for that. Dedicated IP, that I get, but automation not available on the basic paid package is kind of a kicker but with email marketing ROI, its probably a great investment but then again, we do make do without it. The software doesn't work well on all browsers and devices sometimes, it happened to us at some point but I reckon its been fixed.

Benchmark Email und Mailchimp