Harvest

455 Softwareoptionen

Shannon O.

Truly Simple and Intuitive to Use Effectively

Bewertet am 15.10.2021

From day one it was intuitive and easy to use. It's a time tracking tool, so it really doesn't need to be complicated. The creators have managed to perfectly combine functionality and a straightforward interface with enough features to also make it versatile for various types of businesses and projects.

This software is part of my everyday use, and it just works 100% of the time. When you are managing various clients and tasks, the interface makes it dead simple to task-switch and start logging hours in a different or for a different client. And when it's time to assess how many hours are left to spend on a client, the analytics reporting is easy to understand and offers several great ways to manipulate the data.

There are features I don't use—mainly the expenses feature—so I cannot speak to how that works. Everything else, however, just works.

Bart M.
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Invoicing made easy

Bewertet am 24.11.2020

We started using Harvest years ago with my previous company and it was our go-to solution with our new company. No questions asked. It just works and that is why I would recommend it to everyone looking for a simple solution.

It just works. Creating an offer, turning it into an invoice, setting everything up... it just works easy. In contrast with many software you can use for invoicing, Harvest doesn't try to do it all, it just keeps things simple. Probably too simple at times, but I never ran into any issues as we have straightforward product & services lines to add to our invoices.

The fact that the time tracking is included and cannot be ignored as easily as the optional planning tool (that they sell separately) was a small frustration at first. Afterwards, I just tended to directly surf to the Invoices overview and avoid the timetracking part all together.

For some it is probably thé selling feature as time tracking looks very easy, but our company doens't keep track of detailed time tracking so we never used that part thoroughly.

Teamleader

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

We tested teamleader, but it was too featureful. Interesting as it could have been, we didn't want to switch our complete workflow to match that of Teamleader so we continued looking for a tool that was good at invoicing. Period. Harvest was that tool.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

I don't admin Harvest. I only enter time into Harvest. I don't like Harvest.

Bewertet am 11.1.2018

I personally get no benefits from this software. I'm not a fan.

So overall I'm not a fan. That said, documenting expenses is the best I've ever seen in Harvest. It's really well done and simple. Nice and clean, get your photos, get your monies and go. Big fan.

That is where my love affair ends with this app.

From an administrative point, maybe there are incredible advantages over other offerings. The world may have never experienced such a revolutionary piece of software and I, in turn, am a simpleton; stuck in a world of misunderstanding.

If you write a app which tracks hourly time and tries to put it into buckets for easy expensing, the time-tracking app should be simple for the multitude of non-admin users. Simply put, it's cumbersome and annoying.... and I say that because someone is going to take stronger language less seriously.

Forget the fact that you have to enter in time _Daily_. When I say daily, I don't mean that you click on the day, you do the thing and save. I mean that it shows you one day per page at a time. No calendar to quickly go through a week, no monthly review where you can quickly fill in gaps. One page == one day. You can bring stuff over from the last-entered day, but the hours aren't filled in... just the buckets. This leads to an incredibly slow, painful, and frankly uninteresting experience. For a bunch of users who want to do their job instead of fiddling around with tracking how long they've done their job, asking them to use Harvest is basically asking them to make none of their time billable unless threatened with homelessness. It's incredibly painful to use.

To be sure, I'm not a fan of time-tracking apps anyway. I akin them to asking your employees to lie to you and giving them a form in which to do it... but Harvest makes the fun of lying to your employer the low-light of your day. It's not fair.

Will T.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Timetracking and Invoicing Made Easy

Bewertet am 23.8.2021

In general, I have been very happy with this product. When we originally were researching time tracking and invoicing software this one rose to the surface and it has remained one of the leaders in this space. Having said that, it's not cheap, particularly if you need multiple people on it, so there are definitely options out there that cost less and or are free if that is what you are looking for. It does also provide some integration with Quickbooks that others likely don't have.

Working in a creative field, I am a person who detests tracking time and invoicing. It takes me out of flow and into a space that doesn't really foster creative ideas or spark the imagination. Harvest makes the process about as painless as possible (let's be real, tracking time will never be entirely painless) and frees me up to focus on what I do and how I best deliver value to my clients and team. For clients that prefer to pay by credit card, it allows you to deliver the invoice via a web portal with the ability to pay via PayPal with your cc.

I still feel that the project setup scenarios could be simplified and / or streamlined. I've used Harvest for over 10 years and they have consistently added features and addressed certain gray areas that the software couldn't really account for, but I do think that if they were rebuilding the platform knowing what they know now, they would make it even more straightforward and simple from that standpoint.

Quickbooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

Harvest was simply the best and cleanest designed and most intuitive and user friendly of all of the options that we researched with all the necessary features but not a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles that would be meaningless to most individuals.
Jonathan S.

Harvest is an Essential Tool for Creative Freelancers

Bewertet am 17.7.2019

I've tried numerous other invoicing tools but none compare to the stability, quality, and reliability of Harvest. For the money you just can't beat it.

Harvest makes it super easy to track time and expenses, invoice clients, and collect payments via Stripe or ACH.

Because it is such a stable piece of software, they are very slow to add new features, and certain areas of the user interface feel dated. That being said, it is rock solid, fast, and extremely reliable.

FreshBooks, Fiverr Workspace und Xero

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

Harvest is dependable and has features that out-perform the competition in just about every aspect.
Anissa C.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Harvest is Amazing!

Bewertet am 18.7.2019

Harvest makes my business EASY. I do love being able to set limits on projects and getting emails when those limits are near.

I really enjoy using harvest because I do have a team of subcontractors who I need to keep reports of their time. Harvest makes it easy to report time used and set limits on projects.

I would love it if I could set up monthly recurring projects by date and not just month to month. Sometimes I have a retainer client that starts in the middle of the month and the monthly recurring feature resets at the end of the month, not when it's been 30 days.

Jason F.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great for a small creative business.

Bewertet am 20.4.2021

We've been using harvest for years, and when we were just doing small side projects here and there it met our needs perfectly. Now that our business has grown we need a more powerful tool that integrates bookkeeping and vendor management, in addition to time tracking, billing, and invoicing.

We love Harvest and its features. From time tracking to billing and invoicing Harvest has helped us grow our business and keep on top of the projects we are working on.

There are other similar products on the market that offer the ability to send contracts and proposals, as well as products for bookkeeping that integrate many of the same features for not much more in total cost.

FreshBooks

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Harvest

At the time, pricing was the deciding factor.
Teresa F.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy, no frills time tracker

Bewertet am 20.2.2021

I used Harvest to log billable hours as a freelance design consultant being contracted by a company to participate in a project for about 6 weeks. Very easy to use, really liked being able to log my hours retroactively and getting to export a detailed report of the project logs.

It was very easy to use, zero learning curve. I like how you can input time in several ways (either retroactively or start a timer to track time as your doing the task)

There is nothing I can really say I did not like about this software. Although I was a user, logging time on someone else's account, so I have no idea of the cost of implementing it.

Samantha L.
  • Branche: Forschung
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great recurring maintenance invoices, payment reminders, keeping things simple.

Bewertet am 21.1.2021

Great and easy to use! Support was very friendly too. But to be frank, doesn't proactively solve the issues for me!

Very simple, straight forward. Can make estimates, invoices, recurring invoices, reminders, payment notes. That's all most of us really need.

Lacks a number of customizable features. A few features were obviously hardcoded in, and don't provide much flexiblity. There are workarounds, and I guess its simplicity makes up for it. Emails are only mobile width, doesn't look so visually appealing. App doesn't work on my Pixel 3XL. Crashes on Invoice page, and thereafter crashes whenever I open. Not usable. Reported issue, but not yet fixed after about 2 weeks.

Alisa C.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Easy time tracking online

Bewertet am 7.9.2021

My company recently changed project management software for one without a built-in timer. The feature was essential, so I went looking for a solution. Harvest fit the bill exactly. When I continue an existing timer, it starts the same timer up again, instead of starting a new one "grouped" with it, like most time tracking software - that quickly becomes cluttered and hard to manage.

I would like a rounding feature, up to the nearest 5 or 6 minutes, or more options for rounding in general.

Laura M.
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Wanting for More Features

Bewertet am 29.6.2021

Overall, Harvest does what it needs to do for our company - provide a place to track time worked, on an array of different projects, and report that time worked to upper management. But I think Harvest could certainly add some features to their interface that would increase user productivity, and help guide employees through their work weeks, with an eye on time management.

Harvest certainly offers a very user-friendly interface. When you log on, it's immediately apparent how to use the software for the basic need of time tracking. The interface is set up to reflect the current week, with the days of the week displayed left to right, and the time you've tracked for each day displayed below it. Each day is broken up into time tracked according to a specific project. If using Harvest in the way our company does, you can create project codes to reflect different projects, so you'll be able to track how long you or your employees are spending on individual projects, or even separate types of tasks within that project.

I do wish there was a a sort of "Week So Far" tracker feature, that appeared as its own tab in the top menu bar, or perhaps was totaled at the bottom of the screen on the current day's time sheet. At the moment, if you'd like to see the hours you've spent on different projects summed up so far in a given week, you would have to either click into each day, and add up the hour totals yourself, or you go to the "Reports" tab, then click on "Team," then click on your own name under that, where then you would be able to see the total number of hours you've spent on different projects that week. This seems like a simple feature that should be more accessible, or at least more clear to navigate to.

Randall S.
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Great for time and billing; hard to integrate with accounting

Bewertet am 12.3.2020

Ease of timekeeping and billing has improved. Integration with the rest of my accounting system has become harder.

I started using it because I did not find the timekeeping functions of Quickbooks easy enough to use. On that point, Harvest is much better--it is excellent at keeping track of time. In addition, Harvest makes it quite easy to bill clients for time and to follow up with repeated billings if needed.

I'll mention two things. First, the method of dealing with retainers needs some serious work to be useful for lawyers. If I have an outstanding invoice and a client sends me a retainer, I cannot have payment toward the invoice taken out of the retainer without a fairly convoluted process. Second, it is hard to integrate with Quickbooks. I need Quickbooks (or I suppose, something similar) to keep track of all my financial records. But when I am using Harvest for timekeeping and billing, I wind up making many of the entries twice.

Lisa S.
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Clean, Simple to Use, Good Invoicing features. Features for Fixed-fee billing not the best.

Bewertet am 12.8.2019

We absolutely loved Harvest and could not recommend it highly enough. However, with the change to limit phone support, plus the software's limitations in working with fixed fee pricing (which our industry is moving rapidly to), we're unfortunately in the process of looking for a new time-tracking app.

1) Clean, simple, easy to use interface for daily time tracking.
2) Ability to monitor team's time real-time
3) Ability to track real-time billable Revenue
4) Invoicing features
5) inexpensive

1) No real-time phone support.
Originally, Harvest had real-time phone support, but a while back they (suddenly) changed their phone support from real-time to only scheduled appointments. We've often found that support appointments are not usually available until a while later in the same day, or often the next day, which has been difficult because there is no way to get quicker phone support if needed. Appointment blocks are limited to 15 minute, and in our experience, once 15 minutes is up, the rep will say they have to go because the appointment is over, even if the issue has not been resolved yet.
2) Unfortunately, we've found that so far, Harvest's features have not been keeping up well with the industry's transition to fixed-fee pricing. Though the did add fixed-fee features (thank you!), unfortunately, we found that they did not really work well for tracking fixed-fee projects:
- There is currently no way in Harvest to have recurring, monthly fixed-fee projects (so that you can track time/expenses against these.)
- There is currently no way in Harvest to track actual time/costs against fixed-fee project fees
- There is currently no way in Harvest to add a one-time fixed-price charge for a project (i.e. one day of Bookkeeping at $ amount.) Support told me that the only way to do this is to add these charges as expenses. However, expenses are not included in the revenue reports that we rely on to run the practice, because they are seen as expenses and not revenue.

Bill B.
  • Branche: Informationsdienst
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Time and expense tracking and billing

Bewertet am 16.8.2018

I used Harvest stand-alone when I started my business. A few years ago I took my accounting online with Xero so I explored many of the time-tracking apps that integrate with it. After less than a year, and countless other apps, I returned to Harvest because I've found nothing easier. I create invoice drafts in Harvest and copy them to Xero for final billing. It's simple, fast, goes deeper if you need it, and is reasonably priced.

Harvest fits my business model. I'm a consultant who also does installs, repairs, and remote support. It's simple to set up Harvest with your client list, hourly rates, products and services. Once set up, tracking time and expenses is even simpler! They have a web interface and a mobile app. The mobile app duplicates most of the web features and is very handy when on-site - a couple taps selects the client and starts the clock.

Creating invoices is a matter of running an Uninvoiced report, clicking the customer you want to invoice, and editing the items, descriptions, prices and tax rates. Then save the invoice and either email it directly to the recipient or save as PDF to print or attach later.

Harvest can connect to Trello, Quickbooks, Xero, Stripe, PayPal, and about 80 other online applications, and has a programming API if you are so inclined. It only took me an evening to write a script to insert all my Harvest-tracked time into my CRM app's notes.

Everything is tracked as a project. To enter time, you first have to create a project to track it. Even if you are doing a one-off visit, you cannot track that hour or two until you have created a new project for that customer. It would be helpful to be able to log billable time directly to a customer.

Alex F.

A Great, Lightweight App Which Does What We Need It To

Bewertet am 11.12.2018

Overall a very positive experience; the software is very simple to use and does what we need it to (allows us to invoice, view income reports and send client reminders on payments, as well as allow them to pay via card online, from anywhere in the world and for the funds to be filtered into our business bank account. Some limitations persist and I wish the company would listen to the community on such items as the lack of statements facility. However, they do offer a large number of external software integrations for proposals, contracts etc. which beefs out the utility and functionality of the software.

Harvest is a super-simple app which manages all our client payments and invoicing/reminders for our clients and integrates with Stripe for a seamless payment process. We use it every day and can bill clients in $ or other currencies easily, and provide them downloadable pdf's, payment portals and other functionality (using external app integrations) with ease.

The in-built feature set is quite limited. To get integration with contract software, proposal software etc. you need further subscriptions with other companies. It would be ideal if it was all built-in. Also, it's missing a huge feature which should be standard on all invoicing apps - The ability to send automated client statements. At any time we may have 5-20 invoices outstanding for some client accounts and, even after 4 years using Harvest we have to manually send links and individual invoice reminders. It's by far the biggest downside of the software and is a big limitation.

Haja C.
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Elegant, Clean and Valuable Time Tracking App - A Staple Product

Bewertet am 21.8.2018

This is a very clean, simple appearing, a non-intrusive app which is actually a very solid and powerful platform. It has the potential to be an indispensable part of modern project-based businesses.

Well, the answer is, this basic time tracking app solves several problems all at once. First of all, Harvest is available on all your devices and computers so, whenever you need to track time...voila there it is. It is super easy to set up and use, zero learning curve needed. It's nicely organized by client, so each project gets placed where it belongs. It has idle time detection to prevent inaccuracies. There are several options for arranging your time-based fees and you can even include your billable expenses. The information is not trapped in Harvest platform so you can import and export clients, invoices and other info to your other systems easily.

You can easily send email invoices directly from your time-keeping records and accept payments online with integrations. In addition to budgeting time, you can also track expenses for each project in order to stay on track, both financially and time management-wise. This software plus Forecast gives you the potential to be increasingly accurate with time estimates for your clients.

Once you take into account all of the software integrations and the API, you really have a valuable central point to manage your business. It helps that this software was developed by a team that had to solve these problems themselves. The company also seems to have good stewardship of the business in social justice and community arenas. I have not yet used the mobile app or API but I am definitely a fan of Harvest!

-Intuitive user interface
-Cute motivational quotes and illustrations
-Great native desktop experience on the Mac
-Wonderful integrations with other software, including Harvest's Forecast, Xero accounting and Stripe
-A multi-functional API and mobile apps (IOS and Android)!

- No automated sales tax - or integration with automated sales tax providers (Avalara, Tax Jar, etc.) on invoices
-Team pricing could be better and also would be great if there were a tier between free - two projects and unlimited projects.
-No offline functionality on the desktop

Fantastic time-tracking tool

Bewertet am 25.9.2018

Especially after a recent update, I like how easy the timer is to work with. Simply select the project I'm working on and start the timer. While I'm working it stays on in the background. If I get called away from my desk for some reason, and I forget to stop the timer, it recognizes the inactivity and checks in with me upon return. That's super handy - if I was off the computer on a call related to the project, for example, one button click and it will continue timing including the 'inactive' time. If I got called off to a different project, I can easily put the minutes/hours of 'inactive' time on the appropriate project. If I got called away by something totally unrelated to work, I can toss the accumulated 'inactive' time and either keep working or stop the clock when I get back. It also sends an email reminder after several hours of inactive time - like when I quit working for the day and forget to clock out. No more guessing!

There is sometimes a disconnect between the desktop app and the website. I can't remember why but once in a while I'll have to check on the site while the app is running (like to read notes associated with a project) and there were some discrepancies. They always sorted themselves out, but for a couple minutes it was confusing. It's not a huge issue so long as you remember to give the site time update with the app.

Muhammad adil M.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Untern. Größe: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

Harvest

Bewertet am 4.7.2021

One of the best tool to track my time on any task or project. The biggest feature is you can track it from your laptop, desktop or mobile, Very easy to manage and dashboard is well layered for easy access the different features. Invoicing is a very powerful feature you can always track and engage with your customer.

Reporting is a big asset especially virtually. you can easily assign task to individual developer or to the whole team. Track them what is going on and allocate and manage the budget. It is intelligent enough to suggest what part of your project is infected or going strong and you can make your decision accordingly.

Not very easy to work on it initially but once you are familiar with it then it is going along very nicely. There is need of improvement in there mobile app and also costing is bit tricky as rate change is not very helpful. Moreover for user or developer it is hard to catch his time sheet as summary is not very helpful.

• Branche: Internet
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Time tracking made easy and simple.

Bewertet am 20.11.2018

Easy tracking for freelancing and agency workflow. Amazingly simple!

It's really easy to use and set up. I've been using it for a few years now and it always works great. Harvest has a web platform and also a mobile app, both of them work great with no issues so far. The mobile app is very well done and has most of the features you can find on the desktop version.

It has a great feature that notifies you by email when you've forgotten your timer on for a long period of time. It also notices when you're not at the computer and asks you if want to add the time that you were away or subtracted from the current count.

You can edit previous counts and you can group them based on different categories you set up. It also works great with Asana. You can start a timer directly from within Asana, linking the Asana task to the Harvest timmer. It works very well.

I had two things to mention here that are not bugs or issues, just things that my current workflow would require for a smoother process.

1. I've been using Harvest with two teams / companies and I have to switch back and forth between their accounts which is a bit cumbersome.

2. I wish you could filter more precisely the weekly / monthly overview. I can't separate task and groups as much as I need, in order to get a better understanding of how much time has been tracked for a specific category.

• Branche: Marktforschung
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good for time tracking purposes

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

Overall I found the software very straightforward and easily navigable - was able to use it for its intended purpose, and found that it made time tracking a lot more efficient and simple.

I used Harvest mainly for time tracking purposes at a past place of employment, and found the interface to be very easy to navigate. We were easily able to integrate corresponding tasks to the specified amount of time (ours was tracked on a minute by minute basis, so 0.7, 0.22, 0.59 etc). I also found it extremely handy to be able to have a stopwatch feature to track time when there are longer tasks (such as a meeting or a project that will take several hours in one stretch).

As mentioned above, though I found the stopwatch feature to be very efficient, it's not extremely practical for any role where you're touching multiple different projects at any given time (ex. an account or project manager). For a designer, this feature would be perfect. It would be interesting to see whether the same concept COULD be applied to a project management type job. Additionally, I found that it is extremely easy to forget to actually STOP the stopwatch feature, so more often than not I found myself with a task that ran over 500 minutes long because I forgot to manually adjust the feature. It may be helpful to implement some sort of feature that has a pop-up effect after 30mins or an hour, asking the user if they're still working on the specific task (like they do with some movie streaming services).

Antwort von Harvest Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

I'll take note of your feature suggestions as our product team is consistently assessing how the product can improve. I definitely can see how a popup timer would be useful.

Thank you for your trust in Harvest!

Mathew T.
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The gold standard for timekeeping

Bewertet am 21.4.2020

We've used harvest in the past and moved away to other products in the name of trying to fine one software suite that does it all: timekeeping, project management, chat, resource management, etc. Inevitably, we end up coming back to Harvest (alongside basecamp and slack) because it keeps things simple and does its job extremely well.

Exceptionally easy to use. Intuitive interface design that's obviously been user tested and refined. Every button and feature is exactly where you'd expect it to be.

This software does one thing really well – timekeeping. We've tried using solutions that try to do more and have gone back to Harvest because there's nothing we don't like about it.

Amanda C.
  • Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Harvest is my indispensable freelancing software

Bewertet am 17.3.2020

Customer support is amazing. I really love this software, and will continue to use it indefinitely.

There is so much to love about Harvest! First, it works, really really well. You set up your project - and YES projects can have sub-projects - and you start your timer. As long as you can remember to start and stop your timer, this is perfect. Every two weeks, or every month, when you need to send invoices, all you do is "create an invoice" and the software auto-generates the invoice, in as much or little detail as you'd like, taking all your time and translating that into a professional invoice. I love the graphics that help track how much money you are making. AND you can even input what you are spending versus what you are charging, in order to ensure that you are actually charging enough to cover all your costs. There is a great place to input expenses and receipts -- this software does it all, for a quite affordable rate.

The most challenging thing about this software is that you MUST set it up correctly. Take the time at the beginning to get your rates set, ensure that what is a 'billed' and a 'not billed' expense are correct. At the beginning, I was often accidentally putting time into 'not-billed' tasks, when it was just my mistake in setting up my categories.

Pj G.

Best Time-Tracker Out There

Bewertet am 1.5.2020

Overall, I am greatly satisfied with Harvest. It gets the task done and is also helpful in making the team more efficient. Tracking our time was effortless.

Harvest is straightforward and easy to use. First-time users find it easy to learn navigating the platform. It can also be seamlessly integrated to project management programs such as ClickUp. It also has a built-in Invoicing feature for bout hours and expenses. Another awesome feature is being able to set budgets for every project, so you can have a quick overview of how much you have spent and can still spend on a project.

What I liked the least about Harvest is that once a person or a project has logged hours, the only option you have is to archive them, and not delete them. It seems to just clutter the workspace. One improvement that can be done is having a prompt whenever the tracker has been on for more than 5 hours, just to check if the timer has been left on, because sometimes we still forget to turn off the tracker.

Time Doctor
Ken S.
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Truly the best time tracker/invoice management solution I've ever used

Bewertet am 24.10.2019

I use Harvest to track hours on projects and invoice for time spent. I've also used the estimating tool with great success. I also accept online payments through Harvest and Stripe.

Number 1: great value for the money. So much capability in one product, for a very low monthly fee.
Number 2: They are constantly adding new features, but not half-baked ones. I get the impression the the product and engineering teams are very good at what they do.

Could use more customizing of expenses and taxes - I'd like to be able to add fees to invoices that are not taxes - like markups for Stripe fees.

Leah J.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Harvest is great for time tracking and billing within small/mid-size companies

Bewertet am 3.12.2018

I've used Harvest as an employee to track my time. Additionally, I have done data analysis on exported information from the platform to predict time requirements and resource allocation across a mid-sized workplace.

Harvest is an ideal time tracking and billing platform for small- to mid-size companies. Individuals track their time in the desired increments, and then can sub-track their time to particular projects or disciplines. For instance, if tracking time for Client A, time can be segmented into "Client A > Project Review," "Client A > Web Development," "Client A > Business Development," etc. It can flex to accommodate multiple professional disciplines, and provides tallies / time breakouts for each user. On the backend, fairly rich data can be gathered from the platform to analyze time distribution and analysis.

It requires time to setup and administrate multiple users, especially if it's one person doing this job. Additionally, to do it well, it requires a thoughtful plan to provide the necessary taxonomy of clients / projects / billing to be used across the organization. It is not as robust as other big, enterprise-caliber time tracking platforms (like Salesforce), but for an organization <50 users, it's a great solution.