FreshBooks Bewertungen

FreshBooks

Cloud Accounting Software für kleine Unternehmen

4.5/5 (2378 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Free accounting apps never worked for me. Finally bit the bullet and am in major LOVE w Freshbooks.

Bewertet am 29.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This might make me sound superficial but the first thing I loved about Freshbooks was the interface. The icons, the buttons, the way everything looks is so so appealing to me. And it made me want to use the trial version (I did this a little more than 1 year ago). Using it made me feel like I was getting my financial act together. Which it later did, btw.

The time tracker is the best... time saver for me. It records time and then adds everything together in a way that nothing else really did. It seems so obvious but nothing I was using before helped track my hours this way. This is the thing that used to drive me round the bend when it came time to invoicing clients. I used to delay invoicing (aka "getting paid") because my own system was terrible..and I could not find a better way until finally deciding that maybe I needed to pay for something to help me.

I like the notes section for the time entries. I like how flexible it is to shift recorded time entries around or update the text to better describe what work I actually did.

I also love the support from Freshbooks. They're super responsive and extremely helpful. They do not waste my time with a lot of blather I've experienced in so many other customer service situations (like repeating back to me the question I just proferred). They include screenshots and precise language to answer my questions.

Also: Expenses in FB. I now go out of my way to add in expenses as they come w/o avoiding them.

I recommended Freshbooks to a friend of mine who started using it right away. Then he had trouble with a really difficult client he'd billed using Freshbooks. This client (I subcontracted with the friend so am aware of what all happened) contested all of my friend's work and refused payment after paying the Freshbooks invoice. And Freshbooks allowed the chargeback to happen. I think other software does not allow this --- for example, my friend now uses Quickbooks as a result.

I have also experienced some quirks when it came to adding new jobs to repeat clients. This is likely my own error but it's not something I've cared to reach out to the support team to question.

I also have not downloaded a year's incoming and outgoing details to give to an accountant. So I don't know how well that all works. Again, my own thing, and not necessarily on them.

Mit Google übersetzen

FreshBooks provides small businesses with some of the best invoicing and billing features available.

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Billing and invoicing were made much easier using this software.

FreshBooks gives small businesses a well-designed and intuitive user interface that can easily be used for a variety of different functions, most notably billing, and invoicing. Users are given a wide array of attractive template designs to choose from when creating invoices, allowing for catchy, yet professional looking documents.

FreshBooks also provides users with tools for team collaboration, estimates, and projects, all of which can be easily navigated and set up to increase your small businesses' ability to maximize communication, send automatic reminders, submit proposals, and secure jobs with relative ease.

As an accounting package, FreshBooks also provides users with the ability to perform some fundamental bookkeeping and accounting functions, has some bank reconciliation functions, enables you to accept online credit card payments, and provides many of these features via their full-featured mobile application.

Last but not least, FreshBooks provides excellent customer service from the start. A detailed and easily followed tutorial will help new users get started, while their well-trained staff is always ready to provide users with answers to any questions or issues they may encounter. FreshBooks is very proud of their customer service and their customer satisfaction rating, and it really shows when you speak with one of their representatives.

One limitation in FreshBooks as an accounting package is the fact that they utilize single-entry accounting. While this may not be an obvious flaw to a new small business owner, it will become apparent as more accounts are created, employees are hired, and payment options are implemented. Single-entry accounting is quick and simple, but it certainly leaves something to be desired.

Over the years some application updates have diminished or completely removed some useful features, like service and customer records, and inventory tracking, all of which were very convenient and helpful features.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great product paired to the friendliest support in financial software.

Bewertet am 18.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The biggest benefit we receive is how easy it is to send invoices and get paid online. Freshbooks makes this a lot easier than some of the other solutions we've tried over the years.

Freshbooks is a simple and straight-forward accounting solution. It's delivered with relatively small amount of standard accounting categories so you're not overwhelmed placing expenses into their proper buckets and adding new categories is quite easy.

Our business doesn't have a ton of complex expenses - and if yours does, Freshbooks might not be a good fit. What we love about Freshbooks is how straight-forward their invoicing system has been. It's easy to create recurring invoicing and it integrates with popular credit card processors to facilitate easy online payments.

Perhaps the attribute that has kept us with Freshbooks through the years is their customer service - it's amazing. Customer service has always been super friendly, easy to understand, and they always seen eager to help. This interest and willingness to be helpful goes a long way.

The only con we've experienced with Freshbooks is their limited subscription levels. We've exceed their standard top level package but we're not quite big enough to financially justify a custom/enterprise package. It seems Freshbooks is ideal for customers with a lot of recurring transactions - which, we have more individual transactions than recurring so this is part of our problem. Regardless, Freshbooks staff has always been quite helpful in offering up solutions to help us make the most of our subscription limits (500 active clients).

Mit Google übersetzen

FreshBooks is a reliable and fast accounting suite for complex financial management

Monatlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 12.1.2018

A complete makeover

FreshBooks developers understand the struggle of small teams to handle complex accounting projects and deliver efficient results.

Just as easy as you know it to be

Back in the days, a team of developers decided to design an easy, intuitive, and non-accountant friendly finance management app, and promised their users that this approach will never change.

Mobile-friendly and accessible

FreshBooks is considerably good at following trends, and the best proof of it are the mobile platform add-ons for iOS and Android devices, allowing you to access data and do accounting regardless of your location.

Saves billing time like no other app

FreshBooks redesigned its time tracking for billing purposes by allowing companies to accept payment online, and to do so via various payment gateways.

Excellent invoice to payment features

FreshBooks offers top rate invoice to payment features that can be used by all small businesses. For instance, you can track exactly when your customer opened your invoice email.

Tracking expenses with handy snaps

This feature comes handy if you need to liquidate expenses after a client meeting: you simply click a picture of the receipt and attach the snap to an item in FreshBooks to log the expense.

racking working times even better than before

The new version of the app allows you to becertain of the accuracy of your charges, and lets you have proof if a client decides to dispute them. You can even use the iOS and Android apps to track your working time in the field. Plus, it is easy to convert your work timesheet into an invoice and send it to clients for payments.

A bright future

As good as the new FreshBooks version may look now, it has only begun to develop. The company promises many advanced features in the near future, including bank accounts reconciliation, non-invoice income recording, and billing adjusted to enterprise-grade users. The innovative spirit is planned to spread on to reporting as well, and transform the scope of available integrations to help companies get paid for their efforts, time, and expertise. At the same time, FreshBooks Classic (as the old version is currently known) will remain active, but will constantly be absorbed within the new one's comprehensive productive suite.

businesses get to manage invoices and recurring subscriptions in less than no time, and collect online payments within the same system. In fact, FreshBooks enables Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments, and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure.

A considerable advantage of FreshBooks compared to other accounting apps is the availability of fully-functional mobile apps and add-ons you can get for Android and iOS devices. The apps allow you to bring the power and convenience of the software on location, and do accounting and access records whenever you wish to do so. As you can see, FreshBooks literally takes finances out of the office, but does so in a safe and seamless fashion.

Despite a wide range of excellent features users have pointed out a few minor things that can be improved in FreshBooks: its metrics, goal setting, and reporting features can be better. One user also found bugs in FreshBooks email click-throughs and automated expenses which did not function to his liking. Apart from these insignificant glitches, hoever, there is no doubt that FreshBooks is a top notch accounting product that can bring a lot to your accounting deparatament.

Mit Google übersetzen

Freshbooks is the perfect solutions for service based businesses

Bewertet am 26.11.2015
Quelle der Bewertung

We've used Freshbooks for quite sometime now in our business. When searching for billing software, I needed something smoothe, mobile and also that allowed for customer portals that could be branded to our company. This was a big deal for us, so we absolutely wanted to make sure it was a feature in whatever software it was and Freshbooks did just that.

Freshbooks is super easy to use and handles everything from the customer accounts, to the invoicing to recurring charges and credits. At the end of the year, all the clients get a statement of their services they have paid for, and they never have to contact us about anything. They can review their bills at any time, and also accept estimates that are put together. It also is fabulous for integrations, and we currently use Google Apps, Gusto HQ and a few others to make it that much more effective.

Some of the biggest reasons we chose Freshbooks over other software:

*Incredibly smooth and easy to use interface
*Ability to brand your own in colors as well as add your logo
*Each customer can be assigned their own billing portal login and you can have multiple clients under one company but each have different username
*Utilizes Braintree payments (our primary merchant processor)
*Integrates with Google Apps and Gusto HQ
*Flat rate for up to 5 users, we currently use the Might Oak Plan
*Team tracking and hour logging for projects (huge deal since we work with contractors and they also have a free contractor add on option)
*Mobile App is killer - I pop off invoices like it's nobody's business :)

*Reporting could be improved
*Needs better reconciliation in terms of balances. You can do daily balance sheets, but I would rather have it calculate how my business is doing based on capital in our current account, then factor in what we earned and our expenses.
*Not good for businesses that have inventory, need inventory management (this I wouldn't necessarily rate as a con however, because Freshbooks was built and designed for SERVICE style businesses - for that it works great)
*Reporting can't be opened in the mobile app, you need to access it via the browser
*To my knowledge, you can't run multiple businesses out of one account. We currently have two businesses and are deciding if we are going to open up a separate Freshbooks account or if there is another option that's better suited for the second business.

A SaaS using Freshbooks API

Bewertet am 18.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Prior to integrating with Freshbooks (FB), we evaluated a handful other vendors to use for our billing/invoicing integration (bookkeeping wasn't a concern at the time) and found that the other guys simply didn't handle subscription billing, taxes, and/or automated billing like we needed. During the integration about a year ago, I was blown away with FB's customer service. How many companies these days have a human answering the phone within one or two rings? That's right - no auto attendant, no leaving voicemail necessary.

These guys make customer service a priority, hands down - and it's some of the best I've ever seen. Here's an example: a few weeks ago when a DoS attack brought down DNS for much of the internet, FB was affected. I hadn't seen the news, so I called FB to report the problem. During this giant outage where I know they had to be receiving an enormous volume of calls, a live FB operator answered the phone within one or two rings and explained the DNS issue. Logistically I don't know how they pulled that off, but I was impressed.

So nothing's perfect, right? Here's the bad - and the reason for only 4 starts on the features/functionality. While we weren't initially looking for a bookeeping package initially, we ended up using FB for this, too. While it's easy to use and does a great job overall, it is missing a key component - the ability to reconcile with the bank. So the task of generating balance sheets & account reconciliation has to occur outside of FB. If you're a big business, this would likely be a deal breaker. I've read there's an update in the works that adds this functionality, and I'm really looking forward to it - but as of the time this is written, it's not been made available to me.

All in all, this is a great accounting package - super easy to set up & use, amazing API functionality, outstanding customer service, with one potential hiccup for some clients which hopefully will soon be resolved.

API, customer service, recurring billing & autopay functionality

No bank reconcilation

Mit Google übersetzen

Who need an assistant using FreshBooks?

Bewertet am 27.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

FreshBooks become an option later I test the 7 trail offer, all aspects on the software are very useful and really allow me to understand that my old control need a new view and use more powerful options to become more professional for my clients, FreshBooks give the tools and base to integrate that new professional look to my company, the best part of all, it’s that I don’t need to have more helping people to manage all this options, I can control everything on a single click and have a clear point of view of my company situation on real-time, that worth every penny invest on the subscription, and of course it’s more cheap that have an assistant.

FreshBooks it’s the best software to control all the billing aspects on any company, fully customization task, automatic invoices and easy to follow payments, also the reports become a dream to work with it, the pro and subscription options worth every penny, don’t forget that all your data is on the cloud so can be easy access from any place in the world, the mobile app become useful on travels.

Even if freshbooks allow us to register all our work and make a very professional invoice, the payment option not can be easy integrated, some banks accounts don’t accept JON export or have web integration options, also if the client made a payment using other methods, all the information need to be added by hand and take time.
The app for mobile are very low on features, could be a great option to bring more features or more access to all that freshbooks allow, for views it’s ok, but for work, need a lot improvements.

Mit Google übersetzen

Freshbook is a world best finacial and accounting software with highest customer satisfaction.

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 8.11.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The most important thing with this software is time saving.I love everything about FreshBooks. It is an excellent app for freelancers and small companies. I have been using it for the past few years and rate it the best software in the market. Whenever I had issues, the support team helped me to resolve them quickly with effective solutions.

Many reason to love Freshbooks software- COST EFFICENCY, EASE OF USE, CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Freshbook is fast and reliable suite for accounting.It's award wining software at many accasion.FreshBooks is an award-winning finance & accounting software and one of the best cloud solutions for small business owners. It is the current holder of FinancesOnline's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 as well as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the highest customer satisfaction rates of all similar apps in this category. As you will find out in this review, there is a long list of reasons why our experts considered FreshBooks for these prestigious acknowledgments.

We can enables all these products Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments in Freshbooks and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure.

Freshbooks have these functions Excellent invoice to payment features, Saves billing time like no other app, Mobile-friendly and accessible, Tracking expenses with handy snaps.

Most of things are too good but some drawbacks like not store credit card infomation. Customer interface is excellent and ability to not store credit card information locally is key to PCI compliance. We love the recurring profile concept for recurring billing and find the web portal very intuitive. We also appreciate the branding we can do for our clients so they feel this billing platform is an extension of our service and that they are in the right place. This also gives our customers the peace of mind of knowing their transactions and billing information is secure.

Excellent Tool for the Small Business Creative

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 21.2.2018

Excellent Tool for the Small Business Creative

I like how easy it is to track billables, how easy it is to create estimates and turn them into invoices, how wonderfully the app tracks invoices, expenses, and payments. I always know when my client has viewed the invoice. Freshbooks makes bookkeeping and accounting easy, and this is a plus for us with non-traditionally-logical creative brains. It is wonderful that I can use Freshbooks on my laptop and on the go with my cell-phone or tablet. The functionality is great for most users. I do need to track time (sometimes, just for myself to ensure I am on top of the project projections). I love that I can input receipt images - on the go - directly from my phone's camera or can upload them through files on the laptop/desktop app. I have used Quickbooks in the past, and it was far more robust than I needed. I am a one-person creative company and just needed time-tracking / estimate generation / invoicing / payment tracking / and expense tracking. And, of course, the lovely printable reports for my accountant. Freshbooks far surpasses my expectations.

It would be nice if I could set up invoicing once or twice a week and have it go out automatically on the date specified without having to create a recurring item. I like to do my desk work one day a week and if I knew I was invoicing someone at the end of the week for an already known amount, then I would like it to automatically send the invoice that day rather than me remember to go into Freshbooks and hit the send button on the draft. (I have a client that only wants to be invoiced every other Tuesday, but Tuesdays are busy for me so I do up her invoice for the work completed two weeks behind. I do my desk work after work hours on Fridays as that is the day my hubby is out and it does not interfere with the work day. Every other Tuesday I have a calendar reminder ping me to send her the invoice. It works for me. But, I would really love to schedule it and forget it.

Mit Google übersetzen

It was an incredibly simple experience and it simplifies the accounting processes.

Weitere für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt
Bewertet am 13.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

freshbooks is an excellent tool that apart from reducing the accounting processes, since with this tool we replace the tedious and obsolete accounting books and the generation of invoices by a modern and simple online billing system, on the other hand it guarantees the confidentiality of the registered invoices or stored in the cloud, also allows the personalization of invoices with the logo of the user's company and is incredibly easy to use, you can also link the bank account of the company to do an automatic monitoring of expenses, thus allowing the savings of time and further simplifying the billing and collection tasks.
Additionally, it allows users to store customer information, and track and control the time employees invest in each project, this would imply that it is possible to decide which project is more profitable for the company, in relation to man versus benefit hours. or profit for the company, as well as that generates greater efficiency in communication in the members of a team that have a common project since it would avoid the sending of emails and assignments of keys for permits because with this tool you can send files and images in addition to managing the permissions of each team member work. On the other hand, it generates a great variety of financial reports, among which we can highlight: profit and loss reports, invoice details and reports by customers. Finally, it has a mobile application that allows you to access the system from anywhere.

To access the service you need an Internet connection to use the software. On the other hand the price in relation to subscriptions linked to the number of customers that can be stored or saved is a high price because for example in the basic subscription limits the user to save only 5 clients and if it is a software designed for small companies or medium-sized expansion path should provide more storage as well as a basic package. However, it does not allow estimates of quarterly or annual tax payments, so you will have to calculate them by hand or use a different program that is complementary, which is an additional limitation

Mit Google übersetzen

FreshBooks is a true blessing.

Bewertet am 14.1.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

I work in a college and print/design for faculty/staff and students. Because of the high volume of jobs it was easy to miss paperwork when jobs were being given to me by email, phone, and walk-ins. Also, my office was not able to accept cash which was difficult for students. Several years ago I started using Wufoo for creating job request forms. It was working well with PayPal integration, but invoices would go out immediately so if they were entered incorrectly or the job changed, it caused confusion when alterations had to be made. FreshBooks was the integration that enabled me to have invoices only go out when the job was fully completed. It also helped me to keep track of what invoices were getting paid and which ones weren't. I love the reports that totally help me at the end of the fiscal year.

Ability to see all the jobs for each client.
Ability to add contacts to the clients - in my case, to add secretaries names to the faculty accounts.
Ability to have my student workers be able to assist with the outgoing invoices to ease up my time for other matters.
Can add expenses to see exactly what's coming in and going out.
Automatic 30, 60, and 90 day overdue notices.
Integration with PayPal so invoices can be paid that way if preferred.
Would love to use the ability where FreshBooks can keep track of your inventory, but since some of my jobs are paid ahead of time through Wufoo and never have to get transferred over to FreshBooks, it wouldn't be accurate.

Clients names are always listed by the business name - in my case, by departments or offices. I would prefer that I actually see the person's name. I wish it would give the option of which you'd like to see.
Only certain information is sent from the Wufoo form to FreshBooks - I would've liked even just one more box of information to move from one to the other. I couldn't get a clear answer on which one (Wufoo or FreshBooks) was the one that created that code. There is nothing from Wufoo (like an invoice #) that shows up on the FreshBooks invoice to connect the two.

Mit Google übersetzen

Easy invoicing and time tracking for freelancers, plus lots of cool stuff I don't use

Bewertet am 14.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I am a freelance editor and I use Freshbooks to track my hours and expenses, and invoice customers. With Freshbooks you can also do estimates (I only do them for my own records, but you can send also quotes to clients), assign different rates to different tasks, and even work with subcontractors (which I haven't done yet).

Freshbooks lets you get paid really easily -- you can connect it to PayPal, or even accept credit cards. (You take a bit of a hit on fees but you get paid FAST.)

You can customize Freshbooks with your colors and logo, so when you send invoices they look very professional and expensive. (That inspires confidence in your clients and encourages repeat business, and also lets them know you're no chump and they better pay you fast.)

You can also use Freshbooks to keep track of expenses and receipts. It makes tax season ridiculously easy. Well.... easier.

There's also an app for your phone so you can track time and expenses, and probably even send invoices, when you're out without your computer.

Tech support is good, fast, and friendly. There is tons of information on the website, too. When I ask for help with something, they usually take the time to go to my account and do screenshots with my own data showing me exactly how to do what I asked about!

Yeah, it seems expensive, but when I think about all the time I would otherwise spend doing invoices, tracking time and expenses, and putting together tax information, it's actually pretty reasonable.

easy to use
effective - does what it says
makes me look good
pretty

Sometimes I forget how to do things that I don't do very often.

Mit Google übersetzen

With this application, the first thing I learned was managing finances within my business

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 26.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Efficiency in the administration of my business. Good handling of invoices and collections. My business has grown because I can make better estimates of income and expenses. It is very easy to use and install. The learning curve is fast. The price is adequate according to the benefits it offers and its limitations. It is widely recommended for small and medium businesses that start and need a healthy and effective administration.

What I liked most about this application is that it allows me to be more effective in managing my bills, saving me money in hiring personnel for this task. Handling my bills well increases the effectiveness of my collections by growing my business. For a small business, it is excellent and it works very well, but for large companies the application works slow. I like how easy it is to learn how to use it. It is designed to be used by people with little or no experience in the financial management of the company. The application tracks the expenses of the company and sends invoices to customers to charge for your work, it's like having a very competent private secretary. I recommend it for entrepreneurs with little experience in the business world.

Among the things I do not like about this tool is that you can not make tax estimates to pay. In this case, the tax payment estimates must be calculated manually. This causes delays in the preparation of reports and increases the possibility of error margins. To perform this task and many others you need an internet connection. This limitation slows the workflow when there is no internet service. The system does not have a variety of graphic models for reports

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

trades improvements for loss of features

Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've been a long time Freshbooks user and can say that while the recent major update introduced needed features, they cut out quite a few features I found critical. Two critical features that no longer exist include:

1) No auto currency conversion. In the old system, you could apply the current currency conversion rate to an invoice at the time it was sent. Now I have to do those calculations manually and with several non US based clients, each with a dozen or more line items, what used to take seconds is now a huge time-consuming. I've been told by Freshbooks that there are no plans to bring this feature back.

2) No more per client credit feature. In the old system you could apply a credit to any client that in turn could be used on any invoice. The client could even apply it where desired for future charges. In the new system you must create an invoice then apply the credit there. It can then only be used for that invoice. I use client credits all the time for referrals and allowing them the ability to apply to invoices as desired in whatever amount they wanted was a huge asset. That's completely gone as is the dedicated credit dashboard.

3) Reporting requires more clicks to filter than the old system and while it isn't as big of an issue as above, I don't understand how they could determine that requiring users to click more was a smart move.

does a good job at automating reminders and processing credit card payments

too many features removed on updates and makes UI more complicated, not elss

3.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

A good application, however, has a series of functional limits that affect me as a user.

Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt
Bewertet am 31.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I obtained a good management of my personal accounting in terms of billing and collection of my professional services, in the same way, I learned to manage my income very well in the best way.

Not everything in an application that facilitates the processes of accounting is bad, that's why FreshBooks presents many positive functions, in my individual perception this software I like because it is clearly a solution for billing and accounting of companies
and freelancers and entrepreneurs of small businesses based on a model of Web Hosting (cloud), as well as offering a free version that helps in some way to save those people who are starting and working only for a single client as they grow, Clear in particular, my person helped me to favor some calculations while I was trying to start an accounting business but by my own decision I decided to abandon it for dedicating myself to my telecommunications engineering responsibilities. A part of it is very easy to use and at a certain point if you have any inconvenience customer service apart from being free helps you without any inconvenience only works as well as any service desk. Finally, I really like its interface and its multi-currency transactions.

The application has many positive things but what I like the least is that the limits to the number of clients that can be invoiced with the free version generate problems in terms of the personal growth processes of my personal businesses and lack many functions of Accounting, such as inventory management and payroll, which are essential for companies with multiple employees so I can not recommend it, These are often offered in competing packages

Small Business Invoicing Done Right

Bewertet am 12.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have two businesses and have been using Freshbooks for 3 years as my billing platform. Freshbooks makes it easy to bill for items, and bill for time - which automatically rolls onto the invoice each month. I bill in both USD and CAD. Freshbooks lets me assign currency type by the client or by invoice.

The features I love include the ability to see when a client has viewed the invoice, how many times it's been viewed when they've forwarded it (for payment), the ability for clients to pay online, and the auto-generated late payment notifications. I started out small, on the free plan, but after a year I went with the paid plan which gave me the ability to customize the look and feel of the invoices and customer portal. Yes, there's a client portal where clients can view their invoices and generate statements.

Another feature I use is Documents. It's where I store my Wire Transfer details for clients to easily access. Overall, Freshbooks is a great system to start and grow your business.

It's user-friendly and makes it really easy to monitor and collect payments. You can create and estimate, get the client to approve online, roll to an invoice, set up recurring invoices for each client, log your hours, have them automatically roll to the corresponding monthly invoice, send via email or mail, and track when it's paid.

While it's great for estimates, invoicing, discounting, setting terms and collections, you cannot do anything more sophisticated such as creating a proposal. On the expense tracking side, it doesn't allow you to track expenses of different currencies with respective exchange rates.

Mit Google übersetzen

Good but could be better

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 12.4.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I used Freshbooks at the company I work for, for about a year or so. We sent invoices to our customers and tracked payments through stripe and paypal.
Even though the software is very restricted in terms of functionality (or maybe it was the package we used), the creators were able to make its navigation quite counter-intuitive. Often times you have to click around for a long time to properly understand a customer's history. Search fields are not broad, so often you will find yourself looking for a customer like SeagullBeachHotel like crazy... (0 results for Seagull Beach Hotel, or Seagull, etc).
Apart from the bad navigation, system does its job as intended, payments are collected and transferred fine. Invoices are issued and statuses pretty much (not always) are correct. A couple of times we had an error with a payment received and there was no additional information to better understand what happened. Typical answer is "you have to tell your customer to ask his/her bank". No blame, but problems become hard to solve.
I wish their system could make it better to customize email messages and to avoid getting marked as spam. It was a bit common for our customers to not pay because the email fell into spambox.
Overall a useful tool. I was an end user, so I haven't got a chance t compare with other platforms like this (only Chargeover, being a bit more complex and even less user friendly than Freshbooks).
I would recommend it to small companies looking for a cost effective solution to send invoices and receive payments.

It does what is expected of it at a good monthly price. Invoices looks good and options to receive payments are good enough.

Navigation isn't good, hard to find things and reporting also a bit messy. Search fields do not take broad searches.

Effective payroll for Freelancers and Remote workers

Bewertet am 9.8.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

With Freshbooks, there is accuracy on the employees' working hours. With the use of pomodoro, you can itemize and categorize the type of work done on every 30 minutes of the employees' scheduled shift. The Employer benefits the process where the employee is paid only on hours that the employee has been productive. Every minute is worth paying as time is maximized and utilized. With work details included, the management can see if the worker followed the tasks assigned and what still needs to be finished. The employee can link their paypal for payment option or salary payment method. As soon as it's approved, the pay is automatically transferred to the employees account and will be credited after 3 working days. It's easy to use and people are regrouped to their designated department or head. Tasks and time allotted can be edited in case hours should be adjusted.

Instead of employees concentrating on finishing tasks, freshbooks process is also an added task on their part where you have to use a timer and make sure that the tasks done are noted. The employees are usually paid less per day even if they were present or online within their given scheduled hours. Pay is not credited instantly and will be on pending for 3 days even if it was already approved by the Manager.

7.0/10
Mit Google übersetzen

Increased my efficiency and sped up how quickly my invoices are paid.

Bewertet am 18.11.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

FreshBooks is simple to use and has a very clean interface. The iPhone apps makes billing and time tracking a breeze. I have been using it for years, and found that it fits the bill perfectly [pun intended]. I don't currently use all the features of FreshBooks, but I do subscribe to their blog which keeps introducing me to features that make the entire experience great. They keep introducing new features, so I may never get caught up, but thats okay, because they keep improving my efficiency. On the rare occasion that I need to contact support, I have been pleasantly surprised that a real-human answers the phone on 1 ring and is happy to help solve the issue.

Invoices need to be created with ease while onsite with a client. FreshBooks does this using their iPhone app. The client is instantly emailed an online invoice, allowing them to pay the invoice immediately. Being an Apple Consultant, design astetic is important, and I wanted my invoices and payment portal to reflect that. The received FreshBook invoices, statements, website/ portal and other client contact are easily customizable with very little effort.

I wish that FreshBooks would allow for time tracking separate from time-billing. [Updated 11/2016: the new version of FreshBooks does allow this.]

Straight Forward and Easy to Use

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I used Freshbooks in a small Alarm Start-up company that I used to be a sales manager at. This is an ideal program for smaller company for tracking and invoicing.

I've also used Quickbooks and liked the invoicing on Freshbooks much better. It has some nice features such as you can see when people open the quote or invoice that you send them and how many times they have opened it. This is nice when you have a potential sale and you can tell if the prospect has looked at your quote and if he re-opened it.
The customer can pay the can pay the invoice straight from the online and is easy and intuitive for them. Being an web based platform is nice to be able to pull it up on any device no matter where you are.

I wish there was a little more customization on controls and privileges for the user. The salesmen in the company was able to adjust pricing and I did not want them to be able to do this. There was not much customization on the presentation of the quotes and invoices either. You can have your company logo and small adjustments but very limited on the appearance.

Mit Google übersetzen

A great invoicing and bookkeeping software at a great price

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

An easy solution to invoicing and accounting without the big monthly bill

I love being able to pull reports (P & L) very quickly to see my numbers. Clients can log into their invoices at any time and pay or download (which saves me from having to send it to them).
Creating an invoice is very simple. The per month plan allows for up to 50 clients, which is plenty for the time being. Customer support is fantastic!

I'd like to be able to integrate with my website instead of manually having to enter the revenue.
The old system used to show in the Dashboard what money was in transit. Now you have to login to WePay. No biggie, just an extra step.
Clients cannot select the amount to pay if paying a partial amount of the invoice. This is a hassle when a client asks to pay a different amount as what was set up in the Payment Schedule. You have to go in and change it. Also, with Payment Schedules, if you don't enter them in date order, you have to reenter them. Let's say you get several payments entered and forgot one, you have to go and change all the dates in order for the system to accept it. It's a pain!

Freshbooks for an Italian consultant

Bewertet am 19.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung

As an Italian lawyer, I advise a limited number of Italian and international clients and do my admin myself. Producing and sending accurate and timely Pro-forma invoices ("estimates" in Freshbooks terms), then invoices upon receipt of payment, and even worse recording expenses was a nightmare.
It no longer is.
The SW does take my time, but it forces me to be accurate and did solve the problem of communication with the accountant/tax advisor.

Easy, reliable, it did solve a ton of problems for me.
In particular, my documents (invoices and expense receipts, mainly) are safely and orderly kept in there.

As I mostly issue invoices to Italian clients, the setup was somewhat more complex: the application was not conceived to handle Italian taxation intricacies when preparing estimates, invoices.
But I did manage around the difficulties, and it did reorder my administrative life.
One suggestion: it would be very helpful to have the option to let the accountant see and print/download the attachments or edit the expenses; basically they should be able to do almost all I can do with the SW.
I had to give to an accountant my password, so he can now access Freshbooks as if he was me. They warn me when they do...

Mit Google übersetzen

Freshbooks helps my business thrive

Bewertet am 13.7.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Let's face it, most of us don't like accounting and the thought of keeping spreadsheets to manage our books sucks. We want to find and close new deals, do the work, invoice and get paid. However, those who understand their numbers are in the best position to succeed. Freshbooks takes the pain out of the onerous (but crucial) accounting tasks with an easy to use system that provides expense recording and organization, invoicing and payment reminders. It's something that I have come to depend on over the last 5 years.

It helps you get paid faster with easy to issue invoices
It helps you better understand your numbers and hit your goals with helpful dashboards and accounting reports
It makes expense tracking easy with a handy receipt capture tool and database that is on the App
It simplifies HST payments with calculating net collected HST

Waiting eagerly for the Android update. Also would love to see some forecasting tools - looking ahead is just as critical as proper accounting!

Good Product...Better People.

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 13.7.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The system is clear and straightforward. Many of the issues we've had with functions are clearly explained in content in the platform, so you don't have to go to Google for answers. That's a plus. But, by far, the reason we stay with Freshbooks is the Customer Service. You're given your Support Key in no uncertain terms and have someone on the line to help in a flash. The Key links you on the line to your dashboard where the issue is and it works great. We would have changed provider before this, actually a few times along the way, if not for the Support people there. They make the cost worthwhile. Honestly, any issue we've had becomes a laugh and a smile by the end of the call with their team. That's far more than I can say about 99% of the Support staff I've encountered elsewhere and proves, beyond doubt, that great call support is just as important as a great product.

The problems aren't many, but they're problems. The entire credit system, when to give one and what it may affect, is less than clear and I've had to train new hires on the system myself because everyone is still unclear about what "not to touch". The percentages seem a bit off as well. you should easily be able to fold one invoice into another for clients with ongoing work added to in new agreements. If they want a payment plan, it has to be applied to each dated invoice manually. At least that's what we've been told by every person we could find. Needless to say, it can be tedious to have to do this manually when using software. It'd be faster in an old ledger.

Mit Google übersetzen

The customer service makes this software is excellent, mobile applications developed are a pleasure.

Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Benefits: clean user interface and extended and detailed functions. It allows for inventory, time tracking and the ability to request customer reviews.
I like that it is designed for companies that look for invoicing and light accounting tools, in addition to a stable software and involves less paper time.
In addition, the customer service is wonderful, offers many resources for their customers such as phones, email, contact form, web and social networks. I also like the fact that the screen can be customized because it allows the organization to be carried out through a daily or weekly calendar, which adjusts the software to the client's program.

I like strong billing features, unique time tracking and customer management tools, and some accounting functions. Is the cloud accounting solution n.1 designed for small business owners. With powerful billing and billing features that are market leaders. Additionally it has a cleaner aesthetics, and greater availability of features such as those mentioned above. Finally, there are price options to suit most companies. Payments are made monthly, and a contract is not necessary, you can cancel the service at any time. There is also a free 30-day trial and no bank or credit card information is required.

This version may be a bit more difficult to navigate than the new version of FreshBooks.
Account with few tutorials so that the client can be updated and become familiar with the software, although there is a free trial, there could be tutorials that allow the user to know each of the updated tools and new formats, likewise, it is necessary tutors so that The user is aware of the changes and what is the innovation. For example, it is necessary for the client to know what are the characteristics of the control panel, which in this case are the home screen displays attractive and organized graphics that provide a quick view of the activity and the financial health of the company. These graphs are called Invoices and Expenses, Pending Invoices, Expense Categories, Recent Activity, Active Projects, and Recent Customer Reviews. But I insist that there are few tutorials guiding the client in their experience.