When I Work

Personaleinsatzplanung, Zeiterfassung, Kommunikation und Anwesenheit.

(1 001)

Sortieren nach

Bob
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Could not preform my job with out When I Work

Bewertet am 13.10.2017

I work on small and large project. When I work helps to project how long man power will be tied up on large project, which helps forecasting, cost of labor, project schedule, when we can schedule the next project. On small projects is makes a clear line of communication between the project manager and the field personal, so that everyone is on the same page when it comes to scheduling.

Create's a standard line of communication between management and field personnel. Also helps the field personal to be prepared for their next task.

I work on the road a lot. The program is much easier to schedule personal from the desktop than it is from using the app on a device. Although it does not affect me all the time, it would be nice to see an interface on the device that was more similar to the one on the desk top. At least just for scheduling.

Hey Bob!

Thanks for writing us a review! I am so glad to hear that When I Work makes communicating with your team easier and helps you be prepared for things that come up throughout the day!

Thank you for the feedback as well in regards to the interface on our app. I would agree - working on a desktop is much easier when building the schedule. Hopefully we can make improvements to our app to aid in making the schedule build easier.

Have a wonderful day. :)

Krissy
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

When I work

Bewertet am 22.4.2022

I loved the when i work app very much. I was able to look at my shifts as well as change and drop shifts, There is also the ability to chat with other employees about changing or swapping shifts.

When I work is a great app as far as employee scheduling and shift changes. The app has sooo many great features available and it is very affordable.

there were a few glitches with the software on ocassion when trying to pick up a dropped shift if you are already scheduled.

ADP Workforce Now

Gründe für den Wechsel zu When I Work

I heard from other stores that have used the software as well as reading reviews online.

Hi Krissy,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this feedback with us!

We're happy to know that you're enjoying the app and features available, like easily having access to view your schedule, and being able to drop and swap shifts! Our users are the reason we do what we do.

Please let us know if any questions come up, we're always happy to help.

Warmly,
Chelo

• Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Deceptive & misleading pricing practices, little integration, but certainly quite slick.

Bewertet am 4.4.2017

Looks slick, appears to offer a lot (which it does, at a cost, see below...)

Customer support is very responsive - live chat, email, etc. I may not like their answers (see below) but I can't fault their timely attention, their patience, their attentiveness.

1. Pricing Practices

The page at wheniwork.com/pricing says nothing, just that schedulling is free for less than 75 employees (and anything over is a "contact us for enterprise" price, which is fine). Great, I think, I'll sign up, start working with it.

Glad I didn't invest much time. I set up a few employees, downloaded the apps, started working out the wrinkles. And after a few hours of looking, and testing, and reading, it looks good, but...

...then I discover that basic features like scheduling more than 10 days ahead (!) are paid-for. So is time tracking. Etc. That's ok to charge, but not ok to deceive - and there's *no* simple way right now to see a comparison of features and costs before getting signed-up.

And this is not a small bump. You can't bolt-on a little extra. To get a proper working app, the minimum number of users they offer 20 minimum and the time attendance module adds something like 50% on top.

But really it is transparency and deceptive practices that have *really* turned me against this product in a *very* short period of time - and that is *very* sad. If they'd allowed me to choose up front to devote my time, great; but they didn't.

I had to ask support what "long-term scheduling" meant (that being something not included in the free plan). That means more than 10 days... No other warning of that, that I could see. I feel deceived.

2. App Reliability

Others have mentioned glitches. I started working with the iPhone app - it stopped working for some tasks. I contacted support who said it was restricted to my account only, and they would get their developers to look at it. So I stopped using the iPhone app. My wife's Android phone wouldn't recognise her (valid) phone number when accepting a request to log in. So 2 strikes there. Your mileage may vary.

3. Limited Integrations

A few years ago, WIW posted on their Facebook page that they used Xero. Some commented then - why no integration? No answer. Years later, still no integration with Xero. No Zapier integration, either.

The cynic might think that WIW gets kick-backs / referral fees / bonusnes from Quick Books, Gusto, etc. which is why they're the (very limited) integration "partners". There's an API of course, if I had time.

Again, I'd forgive that for a free / cheap deal. But it isn't a free / cheap deal *for a working scheduling solution* - a schedule that doesn't reach into next week is *not* a working schedule.

So, yes, I'm annoyed. I feel like I've wasted my time. I feel like I've been deceived. I feel like I signed-up and invested time based upon what is almost a lie. And that sucks - not least because it was so needless. The product isn't awful, the pricing (whilst I may not like it) isn't the worst out there. The limitations are limitations, but every product has some.

And that, really, is sad.

The silver lining is that the free plan only launched yesterday. So perhaps they'll think again about the offering. And my experience is unlikely to be the same as that people had before me. But it is what it is today - so much so that I've signed-up for GetApp just to leave this review.

Antwort von When I Work, Inc. Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry this is not a more personalized response but it appears you have not listed your name, title or company in your GetApp review.

As you said, we did just launch our free plan. We hope that many small businesses, including those like you in the apparel and fashion industry, will find value in being able to schedule their employees 10 days in advance and notify them electronically rather than printing out Excel spreadsheets that require their employees to come into a physical location to see their schedule or call a coworker who is currently working to find out when their next shifts will be. As with any new launch, we will continue to try to improve and appreciate your honest and thoughtful feedback about the pricing and how it was displayed to you. Our intention is certainly not to deceive or mislead our customers or potential customers.

We are glad to know that despite your perception of the product and its pricing, our Customer Support did what they do best and answered your questions in a timely and attentive manner.

Have a nice day,
Customer Success @ When I Work

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Great for scheduling

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

Great tool for workplace communication. You have everything all in one place for employees to access easily.

This software makes it so easy to request time off, swap shifts, communicate with coworkers, and plan out what days you’d prefer to work. I’d highly recommend this to anyone who has shift workers. The app is also quick to learn.

One big drawback is that even though I had notifications enabled, I missed a lot of notifications because they did not send for some reason. This made it a little more stressful when I was trying to get a shift covered or had an emergency because I would have to constantly check the app for missed notifications.

Hello there,

Sarah here with the Customer Care team. Thank you for this thorough and honest review.

Regarding any issues you're experiencing with notifications, I recommend making sure all notifications are enabled in the When I Work app. Phones can also sometimes be built with battery optimization already turned on. Battery optimization can limit push notifications to save battery life, so it may be helpful to disable optimization for the When I Work app.

Please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to our Care Team by visiting https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ if you need any further assistance with this or anything else.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the app.

My best,
Sarah

• Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Great software for smaller conpany

Bewertet am 15.3.2022

I would’ve chosen this app over its competition, if the cost was more competitive. It’s easy to use, it’s intuitive, they focus on their core product which is online scheduling.

This is a very straight forward software that focuses on online scheduling. It’s very easy to use. It’s very responsive, and fast. IM feature is very good. Great for communication between staff.

The cost is quite expensive, as it’s calculated based on number of active employee per month vs a flat fee, so the bigger the company, the more it costs. We have almost 150 employees in total, so it was not the best option for us to use.

7shifts und MakeShift

Warum When I Work gewählt wurde

Excel was too basic and I had staff tell me they “did not receive their scheudule” or fail to check their email.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu When I Work

I end up going with 7shifts because it was an overall superior product, and has better value.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and share your feedback with us.

We're happy to hear that you were finding the app easy to use and navigate! We strive to provide the very best value through continued product enhancements and outstanding service.

I'm sorry to hear that When I Work did not best meet your business needs. Should your needs change in the future, we'll be happy to help!

Warmly,
Chelo

• Branche: Tierarzt
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

When I Work Works for Us!

Bewertet am 22.3.2022

Our schedules can (and have) change daily. For managers, having the schedule on-hand on any device has proven to be a huge time saver. Changes can be made immediately, in one spot and everyone on the team has access to the updated/most-current version of the schedule each day.

The staff's ability to clock in and out on their mobile devices is a game changer, especially if they are off site when they realize they "forgot" to clock out. The ability to share a "real-time" schedule with a large team of people is also critical.

On the admin/HR side it's a little complicated to read/compile the reports into usable data for processing payroll (it doesn't integrate with Quickbooks Desktop) but every thing else that helps the team out about this software is worth the small added labor to payroll processing.

Antwort von When I Work Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to provide this thoughtful review. It's great to hear that the option to communicate real-time schedules is helpful to you. We appreciate your feedback regarding payroll reporting and what options would be most helpful to you.

Joel
  • Branche: Restaurants

When I work Works!

Bewertet am 16.5.2019

When I work eliminates all the shift swapping without approval, and gets rid of the paper requests off for day off requests that get lost etc.

I love the ease of use. When I work is the whole package for what we needed it to do. The app does what it needs to by allowing the employees to do everything they could do on desktop. This makes them much more willing to use it and use the functions correctly.

So far we have not found something we don't like.

TimeForge

Gründe für den Wechsel zu When I Work

We tried timeforge and I think it is a good product, but the app didn't yet do all we needed it to do and the graphs and info for management tracking were a bit too informative for our needs which I felt made them confusing.

Hi Joel!

Thanks for such a fantastic review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding it's saving time and reducing stress for things like time off requests!

Vince
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Very useful app

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

I like how to software remind workers when they have to work and position

I dislike the software freezing sometimes

Hi Vince,

Thanks for taking the time to provide awesome feedback on how When I Work has helped you and your team!

We appreciate you bringing the freezing behavior to our attention. We definitely want to improve your experience, could you please reach out to our Customer Care team by submitting a ticket at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/. We're here to help!

Farrah

Shelby
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

User friendly way to keep track of my time

Bewertet am 4.1.2023

I liked the user friendly interface of this software, it took little to no time to learn how to use it.

I don’t have any complaints about this software.

syed zaheer abbas
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001-10 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

review

Bewertet am 21.12.2022

excellent

the most easy software i like it very much.

nothing it is very friendly user i like it.

Maria

Best so far

Bewertet am 24.1.2020

This app is saving a lot of time in terms of scheduling for managers and really helpful for employees as well in terms of switching shifts or internal communication.

In terms of scheduling this is the best app, easy to see requests off or vacations, easy to set-up reminders, the shifts can be dropped and picked up with just a click away, easy to create schedule base on the sale, easy for employee chat or contact information.

I'll love for this system to be able to integrate with Payroll, but that's the only big downside. The second one is that for cross-trained employees (working several positions/roles) is not allowing the pre-set shift scheduling until you change the role that was initially assigned.

ZoomShift

Gründe für den Wechsel zu When I Work

I don't remember, but I think it was the price.

Antwort von When I Work Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Maria! Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for reviewing our application. We love hearing your praise for When I Work.

Allison
  • Branche: Automotive

Scheduling Made Easy and Quick

Bewertet am 25.10.2018

The site is very easy to understand especially for a software that is so robust. I can't tell you the value there, but it is so much appreciated. We have saved a lot of time and miscommunications while using When I work.

The attendance notifications help me to keep track of where our team is hour-wise on an individual basis and as a whole. It's nice that I am alerted, one less thing I need to remember to check on. In conjunction with the Forcast reporting, I have a very clear view of the week ahead.

The apps are handy, especially from the administration side. I am able to update time clocked hours on the fly, check everyone's schedule and separate out my own, I can even handle time off requests. I haven't ever attempted to schedule through the app, although knowing how intuitive everything is through their online site, I would venture to guess it would be a piece of cake. I know our team members enjoy having their schedules and hours readily available in their pocket as well.

We have had a couple issues with clock-ins through the apps. There have been times when it isn't recognizing the location or the punch doesn't make it all the way through. But that's it!

I would love if this software could manage our PTO as well, but we haven't found a way to make it work with how our times are calculated.

Hello Allison,

Jaime here from the Customer Care Team at When I Work. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

I'm glad to hear that you find When I Work to be easy to understand and that it has helped your team save time, assist with communication, and help you keep track of when your employees are clocking in/out.

I am sorry to hear that your team has been experiencing a few issues clocking in from time to time. Feel free to reach out to us [email protected] at any time and we can dig into this further as to why this is occurring.

We'd also like to hear how PTO works for your company to see how we can assist.

Thanks again for the review!

Take care,

Jaime

Amy
  • Branche: Bibliotheken

I've Reviewed Them Before But They Stay Current And Deserve To Be Commended

Bewertet am 9.10.2020

When I Work has really been great. Gone are the days of me trying to create weekly and monthly calendars and juggle handwritten requests for sick and vacation time. Staff can request through When I Work and I can easily update our schedule. I've saved hours and hours a month being able to utilize the templates as well.

When I Work has saved me daily headaches. Public Libraries don't have the funding to implement expensive employee scheduling software. When I Work even offers a free version which we started out with awhile ago but as our staff grew we moved into the paid format. Our library and employee pool has grown and changed, When I Work grows and changes alongside it. They continuously offer new resources and seek to keep ahead of us and just "know" what issues we may have as our staff is in flux.

The only issue I've seen thus far is a slight problem with the remote ap. Let me first say that having the ability to have an ap at all is great. My staff often is out of the library for programs and if they have an event prior to actual library hours they can clock in from their own phone. The issue that I speak of was mostly in calculating the distance that clocking in was allowed. It took a few tries to make sure that staff can check in, with a decent range, but not be so far from the library that it could be abused by someone wanting to beat the clock when they're late to work.

Antwort von When I Work Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Amy! Thank you so much for the kind words! We're glad the app has been a good solution for you and your team. If you ever have any questions, please reach out to us here: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/, and we'll be happy to help!

Nicola
  • Branche: Hausmeisterservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Does what it is supposed to

Bewertet am 9.9.2016

I loved this product until a setting (that I didn't touch) mysteriously changed itself, causing my subscription to increase significantly. I didn't notice it for 14 months. When I addressed this with When I Work, I was told that their policy is to not provide credits or refunds - in this case even when it seems it was them that had overcharged. I have gone from a very satisfied long-term customer, to one who feels like When I Work is not there for its clients at all. And I am suspicious that others would have their background settings changed as well (I didn't even know what or where it was).

It's visual and simple. It schedules down to 15 minute increments. It makes a very dynamic schedule like ours, easy to manage and understand.

It would be good if a shift automatically started from the time you first click on the schedule. It would be good if they understood how tricking and overcharging their customers leads to a complete lack of loyalty. Buyer beware! Just keep on checking your subscription amounts each month. As if you don't have other things to be occupied with.

Antwort von When I Work Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thank you for the feedback and we are happy to hear the product is meeting your scheduling needs. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and it's a primary reasons so many business owners choose When I Work over other options.

We understand your frustration in this situation where you enabled a feature which was underutilized.

When I Work does not change billing settings without the explicit written consent by the Account Holder.

We also email out an invoice to Account Holders for every transaction made to ensure clear transparency.

When I Work's flexible and transparent billing allows businesses to only purchase what they need. For some of our customizations, such as international text support, there is a recurring monthly add-on fee.

All pricing customizations are clearly listed on the Account & Billing Page and prior to consenting to the recurring payment- we require the Account Holder's consent to our Terms of Service, Refund Policy, and Privacy Policy.

Miguel
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Scheduling Resources Has Never Been Easier

Bewertet am 24.6.2018

When I Work is truly a great tool for scheduling. Use it for forecasting as well to determine where you can make the best use of your resources across one or more projects. This tool also helps you understand what your organization is capable of handling. It will definitely save you from scheduling headaches and the potential issues around delivering work when you are better able to have full visibility across all your teams and the projects they are working on. A great stand alone tool, as well as a great integrated tool.

When I Work is a simple and truly effective time scheduler for resourcing projects in your organization. You can track across one or more projects, as needed, and identify time availability for the work that needs to get done. This is often one of the most challenging aspects of keeping projects on track and very few project management tools can help you like When I Work can.

Unlike the "capacity" view of other applications, When I Work gets down to the most granular details. It allows you to identify when and where a team member will be used, including time-off, breaks, lunches, meetings, etc. You can use these categories to identify how best to allocate their time.

The scheduler allows you to see teams based on shift or positions (roles). You can track un-paid breaks and time off, as well as customize schedules and create templates for reuse. You can even create specific shifts for one time or recurring use and maintain notes on each entry. It also provides high level visibility of total individual team member capacity as well as what is scheduled and what has already been used.

View your teams across one or more projects or job sites and distribute resources across them all as needed. It offers program-like management of projects and does not restrict you to individual projects, which can become cumbersome when re-allocating time of one team member across two or more projects.

When I Work is a great tool for planning, or simply use it in addition to your project management application. Its scheduling features make it a powerful tool that lets you forecast as well, by easily making changes in schedules as needed. You will spend less time manually calculating your resources and where to place them, saving you time and money. Changes to any schedules are easy to see and the responses are easy to manage.

When I Work also offers features like task management, which allows you to manage projects of less complexity in the same application. And if you are looking for integration, yes, you can use their library of APIs for that. But, you need to click on the developer link at the footer for more details. Their integration features are not prominently displayed on their website.

No cons I could personally find for the application and its use. Integration via APIs are present, but this is more for organizations who have techs who can implement them. I have seen organizations with limited development capabilities due to their areas of expertise, where integrations might pose a small challenge... but this should not necessarily pose as a true con for you.

Joey
  • Branche: Unterhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Makes my life SO much easier!

Bewertet am 8.5.2019

Scheduling is a BREEZE!! You just have to try it yourself. There are way too many features that simplify my work load to list. All I know is that my business runs smooth as heck because of WhenIWork.

the software is great, but the customer service is OFF THE CHARTS! I wasn't a very tech savvy guy when I first started using WhenIWork, so I was constantly chatting with customer service and they were always extremely helpful, found answers if they didnt know the answers, and sent a handwritten personalized thank you card when I first joined. This is an example of a company that does things RIGHT! I love the scheduler, but also the hire feature, auto-assign, and the work chat allows me to email my entire team (as much as the employees change) without having to update a contact list email.

My business is strangely specific, so my needs are very specific. WhenIWork covers all the bases for me except being able to load saved shift templates from the mobile app. I can publish them from the mobile app, but I can't load them unless I'm on a computer. Which I am most of the time, so it's not that big of deal. I don't use a few of the features besides the scheduler, but having the options to use HIRE, TIME CLOCK, and other features are very helpful to other business mangers as well.

Hi Joey,

Thanks for such a fantastic review! Your reputation precedes you as a great customer to chat with, I have heard about the balloon pirate ship! We're so glad you're continuing to enjoy When I Work and that it has made running your business smooth!

• Branche: Versicherung

Very Satisfied User

Bewertet am 7.10.2020

I enjoy that the employees can verify their hours themselves and also put in their time requests. It's also convenient for the employees to be able to add notes regarding why they need an adjustment on their time sheet. I find that When I Work is very user friendly and that really helps my employees and I.

I enjoy the ease of being able to track employee time sheets. When I Work is very user friendly for both the administrator and users. I also am very impressed with the customer service department when I reached out to them regarding upgrading ny services and they were very helpful with recommending what would best suit the needs of both the employer and staff.

It was a little difficult for the employees to get used to the change of software that was being used for payroll, however, that is no fault of When I Work. Change can be difficult and hard to remember at times.

Hi Stephanie -

Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review with us!

I'm thrilled to hear that our Timesheets and features have been so helpful for you and your team! It's awesome to hear that our Customer Care team has been able to assist and be so helpful as well, thank you so much for letting us know!

If you, or your team have questions at anytime, we're here to help!

Again, thanks for this awesome 10/10 review!

Kindly,
Adrianne

Maria Lenin
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Manage staffing, scheduling, and attendance of your team for free

Bewertet am 29.4.2019

It’s a great application if you handle a large team and you need to keep track of your employees schedule, time clock , and shift staffing. It can handle up to 75 users. We used this application when i joined a part time job in sales. And it was easy to set up both in desktop and mobile. And when i logged in I can see all members of our department in the Team messaging feature. You can easily read and track all conversation within the team. Choosing your shift or schedule was easy. Just add the shift or schedule you chose for up to 2 weeks and the Manager can view your schedule for the day. Time clocking was easy, just press the IN button and break button if you are on break. Its an awesome application and whats good is that its free to sign up and use these features.

Well since its free, the features and function are just limited to what the employees clicked on the app but no screenshots of their desktop or other feature that other time applications have that can testify that the logged hours are indeed productive. Unlike Some paid applications that would have integrations to payment system after approval of hours, When I Work does not have other app integrations that would be complete the staffing and accounting system of your business. But so far everything went fine for this application, and moving through features or tabs does not hang and does not have much errors.

Hi Maria,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and detailed review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the free version of When I Work so much! If you are ever interested in any of the paid features, feel free to check them out at wheniwork.com/pricing

• Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Do you have around 30 employees? THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED!

Bewertet am 28.2.2019

We love the ease of communication with this software. Work Chat is a HUGE benefit for us. Many of our employees check this feature better than checking their emails! We also love the "copy and paste" feature. We are able to copy the current week's schedule and then paste it to the next week. Then we make minor adjustments to the schedule, save and publish to all employees with a click of a button. Then scheduling is DONE!

We love this program for the ease of communication with all of our employees. Communication is always something we strive for and with ever-changing schedule needs, this program eliminated our extra steps to be sure everyone was communicated with. With the quick change of a schedule, those affected would receive a notification immediately and know what their new upcoming schedule would be.

So far anything that we have had concerns with, we were able to contact WIW employees and it was addressed and fixed or we were educated in how to make that process work best for our center!

Hello Stephanie -

Thank you for this amazing review and 5 stars across the board!

We are SO happy to hear that you've found When I Work to meet your business needs, your staff find it easy to use, and the features we have are exceeding your expectations!

In addition, we appreciate the feedback that our Care team was able to help resolve any issues you encountered!

Adrianne

Timothy
  • Branche: Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool for managers and employees!

Bewertet am 25.1.2018

The ease of navigating the app. Being able to put the scheduling software directly on the phone of the employees is outstanding.
We also really enjoy utilizing the messenger tool. Its a great way to speak to everyone in an efficient manner.

We dont like the add drop portion of shift scheduling and changes. As a management staff we would like to use this but it has been difficult to create a process do to implement this do to it not requiring a manager approval.

Hi there Timothy,

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to review our app! I am happy to hear that When I Work has made communicating with your team a little easier.

I will certainly pass along your feedback about the Swap and Drop feature to our team so we can look into improvements that would make the feature more user-friendly.

In the meantime, we do have a way to turn on 'Manager Approval' for Swap and Drop requests. This means that when the Swap and Drop request is made, the request will first be sent to a Manager to approve before the request is sent to other users to pick up.

The Account Holder or a Manager can turn on the Manager Approval setting for Swaps and Drops from their 'App Settings' section via the web. They will then need to navigate to the 'Scheduling' section of the App Settings to enable Manager Approval.

If you have any questions, you can reach out to our Customer Care Team at [email protected]

Sincerely,
Kara
-When I Work Team

Kelsey
  • Branche: Eventservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001-10 000 Mitarbeiter

Makes scheduling a breeze!

Bewertet am 2.11.2018

I love it! Have I said that enough? Give this software a try if you're in charge of scheduling any number of employees. They can have it as an app on their phones, too, so it's super easy for everyone to use.

I love this software! I manage 50 student employees, and until I discovered When I Work, scheduling them was the biggest headache! This makes it so easy. I have each of them input their weekly availability, and then when I go through each week to create our schedule, I can quickly see if someone is available for a certain shift. They can request time off, request to drop shifts and offer it to another student, and confirm shifts. I can't say enough good things about When I Work. It's easy to figure out and has made a world of difference in keeping our ambassadors accountable for their shifts.

I don't have any complaints about this software. We've been able to manage just using the free version that allows me to schedule shifts 10 days out, and it's been great. In the future I would love for our office leadership to approve using the purchased monthly subscription, but I'm so grateful When I Work has the free version because we've been able to give it a try and have found that it's an amazing scheduling tool.

Hi Kelsey,

Marie here with the Customer Care team. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review!

We love hearing that When I Work has made scheduling so much easier for you! I am glad you are using the availability feature and swap/drop feature to help schedule as well.

If any questions come up please reach out to us at [email protected]

Cheers,
Marie

Corey

Simple and Dynamic Scheduling

Bewertet am 8.10.2018

Overall a great and functional software, yet could certainly be cheaper to be more competitive.

Easily the most attractive thing about this software is the approachability and ease at which one can create a dynamic employee schedule as well as an open line of communication between employees. Everything about When I Work is very intuitive and malleable, and thus is a good solution for those operating a business.

The least attractive thing about this software is the cost of it compared to other similar products, and the lack of flexibility inherent in the availability of employee function.

Hey Corey!

Julia here, with When I Work Customer Care. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful review! We greatly appreciate both your valuable feedback and the time it takes to let us know your thoughts.

In your comments, you mention the cost of the application. We do strive to provide the very best value through continued product enhancements and outstanding service.

While we do offer premium features at a cost based on the size of your account, we do offer a free version of When I Work with limited features that allows you to schedule up to 75 employees. More information on our free plan can be found here:

Please let us know if you have any questions by sending us a note to [email protected] Thank you again for the review.

Take care,
Julia
-When I Work Team

• Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

When do I work?

Bewertet am 3.12.2019

Overall I enjoy the easy and simplicity of picking my shifts with this app. Its easy to navigate and for the most part has very few bugs.

When I work is great for keeping track of your shifts and signing up for new ones. It makes it easy for employeers to let employees know when new shifts are available and employees can easily pick and choose when to work and keep track of their schedule. If you don't like to keep track of your schedule yourself you can set up reminders and notifications to alert you when a shift is coming up or when your employeer adds a new shift to the schedule.

Depending on the size of the company you work for, picking up shifts can some times be hard. Most shifts are limited by how many people can pick them up so its often first come first serve. If you miss a notification it might be too late for you to grab a shift which may mean you wont be able to work that week.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review for us! We're glad that you've enjoyed using When I Work for keeping track of your schedule, including the shift reminders feature. I can definitely understand any frustration about missing the chance to pick up OpenShifts, and we really appreciate your feedback about this. Thank you again for taking the time to share this with us!

Briana

• Branche: Rundfunkmedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

I Love This App

Bewertet am 10.9.2018

This app has been great to us. It saved me hours of work i was previously doing in Excel. Also it expedites coverage by alerting the staff of open shifts.

This app takes all the hassle of building schedules and covering shifts completely our of the operation. It's versatile working across iphones and droids, has a web interface, and can even send direct text messages to your employees. I'm a big fan of the approval process for managers regarding time off and shift swap. I also like the employee export features that show time off used and (a different kind of export) a quick contact sheet when needed.

The option to print a schedule always prints in alphabetical employee order. I'd like an option to print in employee POSITION order.

Hi there-

Thanks for leaving us a review! We are so glad to hear that you find value in the app!

As for printing the schedule by position, I can certainly pass this along as a suggestion for our development team to look into implementing this in the future!

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us here on the Customer Care team at [email protected] We are always happy to help!

All the best,
Kara

• Branche: Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen

When I work Impresses

Bewertet am 15.1.2019

I like the way this software sends you an email before your shift everyday to remind you about your schedule. This is a good feature for people that don't have a regular work schedule. You can also change the time you get the alert. Originally, I would get a reminder two hours before every shift, I was able to change the reminder to four hours before every shift which worked much better for me.

My least favorite activity with this software was entering my availability for the coming month. I had no trouble entering in days that I was unavailable or times that I preferred to work. The trouble I had was when I had to enter in time limits on my availability. If I could work on a Tuesday from 3-7 and we were open into 9, I would have to enter 3-7 as my preferred time to work and 7-9 had to be entered as unavailable time. Whenever I had differences in availability on the same day the software was difficult to manage. Eventually, it got easier but I was not popular with the IT people for the first two months.

Antwort von When I Work Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and provide a review.
We are always striving to make changes that will help managing hourly employees become easier and your details on what you like or don't like are helpful for us to understand what changes we can make moving forward.

If you have any questions or additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at [email protected] so we can assist.