Buildertrend

4,5 (1 629)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Eine bessere Art und Weise.

(1 629)

Sortieren nach

Stacy
Stacy
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It's not just a project management tool

Bewertet am 13.2.2019

We have been very pleased!! We have a dedicated team who knows us by name and is always there to help!!

I implemented my first system for production home building in 1991, so I have a little experience in this area. After trying 2 other competitors on a trial basis, we selected our first choice, BuilderTrend to help us manage our projects. It is customizable and also follows standards which help you efficiently manage your business whether a new builder, remodeler or other home improvement type company. But, the best part has been adoption and the response of customers. We actually remodeled two projects for the same customer while they were out of the country. The communication features in BT facilitated what would not have been possible in the same time frame in the past plus processed payments. Using BuilderTrend has been a great marketing tool to set us apart from the competition.

Subcontractor use has been our biggest roadblock as it takes more training with some and reminders to get them to use the software.

Antwort von Buildertrend

Stacy, thank you so much for your 5-star review and kind words! We are so happy to hear how well Buildertrend is working for your company.

Stephanie

Great Customizable Software

Bewertet am 14.6.2019

Prior to Buildertrend, we had to use three programs to manage our jobs and purchase orders, now we just use Buildertrend. We are saving time and are able to keep everything in one spot!

I love that buildertrend is so customizable. The software was able to be tailored for our specific needs while many of the other programs we looked at were not. The purchase order feature has allowed us to streamline and reduce our expense processing time. The app works well for our field operations and sales reps. Tech support and online chat people are very helpful in quickly answering questions.

Although it's infrequent, we sometimes struggle with internet connections in storm/rural areas and the software does not have an offline mode. I dislike the receive payment feature as you can't record a payment by itself, you do it inside the invoice and although you can receive partial payments, you can record multiple checks in the payment box

ComputerEase und Method CRM

Warum Buildertrend gewählt wurde

Large job management - scheduling multiple scopes for multiple buildings, purchase order management between people in the field and admin, customizable document/photo folder organization

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

The software was customizable and was able to alleviate my pain points with our software and allowed us to reduce the number of programs we were using. The staff was very knowledgeable about their product, and designated me a rep who was familiar with construction and our accounting program for integration.
Ethan

Could Be a Great Solution for a General Contractor with Large Projects

Bewertet am 17.7.2018

Overall, BuilderTrend seems like it could be a good solution for companies that build homes or do other large projects like that with subcontractors. It definitely is not designed for companies that do small jobs or many jobs with one client. Be ready with questions when meeting with your BT rep during your 90 day trail time. Have them show you how things are done so you understand how it works 100%. There were a few features that were promised to us, but then when we asked more specific questions, it turned out that those things were not as promised. However, probably a great tool for a general contractor needing to stay organized and wanting to stay transparent to clients!

- Time tracking with overtime automatically calculated.
- Job costing with custom jobs/types. Can generate reports so you can see effectiveness of employees.
- Different views for job schedule which can be nice - calendar, agenda, gantt.
- Can store unlimited photos, videos, and documents. All are organized in folders and can be shared with the client easily.
- Can assign multiple employees to jobs as well as subcontractors and their prices and information.
- It will show your current costs, so you can see how much the job is costing the client in real time.
- Most everything is customizable and template based.
- You are assigned a specific rep from BT that will answer all questions and do live training with you - Very helpful.
- There are a fair amount of videos available online from other users who are also using the software.
- Effective for companies that deal with large jobs with many moving parts and subcontractors.
- Client portal for each job that includes notes, pictures, videos, progress, invoices, etc. This all can be hidden from clients as well and customized to how much information you are wanting to share.

- Calendar feature doesn't allow you to drag and drop jobs or scheduled items and also allow clients to view it. You can either drag and drop or have it be viewable to clients. This is fairly simple to switch back and forth, but it adds extra steps.
- App is not user friendly for employees or technicians. There are too many buttons to press.
- This software only works well for companies that handle large jobs that are long term with many elements.
- To-do's are fairly simple and not well designed. Great that you can add photos, videos, docs to each checklist item. But there's only 1 checkbox per item, no title for the item, and no way to make the to-do list required for employees.
- If you don't press "save" after uploading photos/videos or writing notes, they will disappear and you can easily erase notes. No window that reminds you to save work before moving on.
- Extremely job-based. You must chose the job and then you can view schedule, clock in, add notes, complete checklist, etc. Not easy to view all jobs at same time.
- No line items for invoices.
- Client portal is set up to be job-based and not client-based. That means every job will have to have a different username for the client to log into.
- Overtime that is automatically calculated doesn't automatically calculate a higher rate on the client's budget.
- Learning curve is overall fairly steep. As a fast learner and pretty technically able, it took me a while to figure out how the software worked. Not super intuitive.
- Not a very updated or attractive look.

Antwort von Buildertrend

Ethan, we very much appreciate your detailed feedback! We would love to have a member of our Product Team contact you to hear more of how we can make Buildertrend a fit for your industry. Thanks again!

Jamil
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good PM Software if you think outside the box

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

Overall I am happy with our investment into Buildertrend, but we have also put a lot of work to get it working for what we need. It can be very time consuming to solve how you operate in Buildertrend unless you use it at a very basic level. They really need to walk you through how to set up and use Buildertrend as a new user and how to more fully customize it for your company needs.

I have not been very pleased with how slow and unresponsive they have been in implementing changes. They need to take customer feedback more seriously and utilize their customers who are heavy users to help show them how to improve the software.

I really like that there is unlimited storage and that since it is cloud-based, everyone sees the same data as soon as it is entered. There are also ways to customize the software in several areas, especially To-Do's. Permissions are very granular which can be good, although it can be complex as well.

Understanding how all areas of the software interact is complex, you can't customize fields in Events/Schedule, most of all I dislike the search and filter settings. They are very poor and make it hard to deal with large data sets. Their filters are missing exact matches between items in the same category. There are a handful of other little complaints, but they really need to add custom fields to Events and then update their filter settings to allow exact matches only and also use standard search engine criteria in the text fields.

Procore und Autodesk Construction Cloud

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

The overall value of the software and the variety of features.
Melody

Bewertet am 17.2.2020

We do not have a "main office" so it is very difficult to have one central place where all information is kept. This software solved that problem, multiple users can look at the same file at the same time to discuss things.

This software is VERY user friendly no matter what your computer skill level may be. The online tutorials are great and a huge time saver if you are unsure what to do. The customer support staff, should you need them, is always very quick to respond and explains how to execute your task. We were fortunate to have a two day training session with our representatives and that was priceless. Our subs and vendors are able to access our system so it really cuts down on paperwork flow and we know they are seeing the most up to date information on each project. We did have some special needs in our company to tweak things a bit and that was never a problem.

Nothing really, it just takes time to get use to how it flows and again, any question that I did not think of until I dove in feet first, I just emailed or called customer support and got my answers right away.

Antwort von Buildertrend

Melody, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We truly appreciate your kind words and feedback.

Robert

Options

Bewertet am 11.2.2020

My overall experience has been good. I have been using Builtertrend for a few years and Im happy with the pricing structure and mobility and great to have real time help. I usually dont have trouble with speed and thats a big plus. I can see buildertrend improving its user interface for a little bit easier use and observe the updates that probably come from customer feedback and I like that. I just wish they would happen quicker

I liked that it covers just about all the bases and has a great notification tool. Lots of good options on how the information is received and shared as well as filter features. The 'All-in-one-place' features are what is great both desktop and the app.

I dont like that I cant give my subcontractors the same control or permissions as my internal users. For example i would like to give my contractors ability to write a change order as a request the same way that they write an RFI as well as make requested adjustments to the schedule. Also the reporting features are not robust and useful. Much more reporting features needed for big builders that have many projects going on.

Procore und Bluebeam Revu

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

It fit well with our many residential renovation projects and had all the features and more I know our company needed to move quick and have mobility

Antwort von Buildertrend

Hi Robert, thank you so much for your honest review and feedback! Feedback like yours is what drives us. I'll be sure to pass it along to our Product team. Thank you!

Kris
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Buildertrend is simple to use

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

Buildertrend is super simple for even the lowest tech person. It keeps all our data in one place that all employees can see. Communication is so much better with this product!

Only one complaint - There's no way for the users to record their lunch break so that we can conform to CA regulations, also there's not a way that I know of for the employee to electronically submit their timesheet info with a signature

Procore

Warum Buildertrend gewählt wurde

Pro Est was so hard to set up and keep maintained. Also didn't offer barely any functionality except estimating.

Zuvor genutzte Software

ProEst

Cost

Antwort von Buildertrend

We appreciate your review and feedback, Kris! I have passed your suggestions about the lunch break and electronic signatures for timesheet info on to our Product team.

Nathan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Taking the stress out of Managing

Bewertet am 10.2.2020

We had 5 programs that we were using to manage the projects. BT was able to reduce us down to 1. Overall its been a great program to use and it has helped us stay on schedule. It helps clients know where they are at and how much they owe. It helps us know if something has been billed/invoiced and helps us manage change orders. Great Program. Phone app is great also.

It covers all the aspects of managing a job; from when the lead is created, to when the job is done. It gives you the power to customize, to a point, the program to fit your company and allows you to make changes on the fly. We keep up on the schedule daily but the schedule keeps our jobs running smooth. The time-clock is top notch and it communicates with QuickBooks. Overall, its the whole package and it all is two thumbs up.

The ability to customize certain things, like tabs or change the wording. All other items Builder Trend fixes as we bring them to their attention.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

We felt BT would be easier for our clients to use and navigate.
Dan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Your business needs processes!

Bewertet am 4.2.2020

BuilderTrend helped us design and implement a purchase order system that has significantly reduced job profit slippage by getting our trades and suppliers on board with accurate expectations and proposals before the project begins. BuilderTrend purchase orders facilitate the communication that is essential to keeping a project on budget.

BuilderTrend offers a comprehensive approach to managing customer interactions, project development and construction management. Implementing BuilderTrend will help you define processes for the key elements of your business - the processes that help you make the most money!

BuilderTrend integrates with QuickBooks desktop but the interface can be a bit clunky. It does work but requires a bit of patience, as do all things QuickBooks.

Angel

Great product

Bewertet am 4.2.2020

The software has made me more efficient and thus gives me an advantage over my competition. I spend most of my time in my truck at job sites and it allows me to take my office with me and continue being productive.

How easy it was to setup and use. The fact that me and my crew can access Buildertrend from my desktop, laptop, ipad and iphone. Keeps me up to date on my appointments and to do. To develop an estimate is easy and quick and it keeps all my information in one central location.

The software can use some more ability to work with custom fields. The software does not capture company names, which we use to develop proposals. When I print an estimate I have to come up with creative ways to insert the company name for my commercial and governmental clients.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

It seamed easier to use and could be accessed on multiple platforms, i.e. desktop, laptop, ipad, iphone, etc.
Justin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A great software for custom builders, with room for improvements

Bewertet am 16.2.2020

Overall, Buildertrend has been a great addition to our company and we look forward to continuing to use it. We hope new features are continually added.

The daily logs feature is very helpful as a place to easily log events, weather, photos, docs, etc. that may occur at a job site on a particular day. The tagging feature makes this even better when you are trying to look at any days that had inspections on them. The owner invoices and job price summary features are very beneficial to our clients that are looking to quickly figure out how much they have spent and what is remaining.

The estimating feature leaves a lot to be desired. Compared to what we came from, Buildertrend feels like a step back. The software cannot handle a large number of line items and struggles to keep up. We were told to have fewer line items in order to fix this.

Antwort von Buildertrend

Justin, thank you so much for your honest review and feedback! I will pass your feedback about our Estimating feature on to our Product team. Thanks again!

Heather
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Left after software "upgrade"

Bewertet am 22.6.2022

90% of customer service associates were amazing. Very friendly, helpful and fun to work with. I will miss working with their team.

I used to like how the software was formatted with categories and subcategories. Uploading photos was easy to do.
When we saw what the new format was going to be, we immediately researched new software products and choose UDA Construction Online.

Scheduling
New upgrade - one no longer has the ability to organize the estimate.
Each line item went to quick books versus categories/subcategories
Can't see which items have PO's or not
They would do software changes mid day during the middle of the week
Entering data was a total pain

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

We initially choose BuilderTrend because it was NOT coconstruct. But then BT bought CC and it became a mess
Cindy

Comprehensive Platform

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

When I started at this company, they did not have any kind of project management in place. People would refer to documents within OneDrive to obtain details, and that was not always updated nor where details provided at the time needed. Everyone would always scramble at the last minute to find out order details and whatnot. There also was not any security with certain documentation. Now Buildertrend provides the ability to screen certain people from certain information.
The ability to upload photos has helped to prevent issues from becoming bigger ones, as it's not always possible to get out to every jobsite, but getting a visual on progress is extremely helpful.
Overall, everyone seems to be quite happy with the program.
The level of customer support Buildertrend provides is outstanding. Their Live Chat option or contacting your coach for assistance is easy and typically has great results. They are always looking to ensure you are satisfied, and will go beyond to inquire or find out information if they are unable to assist with the issue.

I like that Buildertrend brings together all aspects of residential construction - homeowners, sub-trades, vendors, internal users, and allows everyone to see the information they need to see, as well as provides them the ability to upload photos, documentation and even provide comments to certain areas within the program. This gives everyone an overall sense of what is happening within the project.
Having everyone tied into the program eliminates a lot of extra searching for information, as well as lessen the overall messages one needs to send out to verify parts of the projects - selections, drawings and pricing can be Approved or Declined. This also helps to eliminate outdated/non-approved details from occurring.

The program has a lot to take in, which I suppose is expected, but for me, knowing how things affect something else is really important, as we are a Canadian company trying to work with an American program and American terminology. I have had to experiment a bit with how best to enter information, and sometimes redo it altogether.
I do not like how often I have to press on users to be entering information and using the platform for communications, but that does not have anything to do with the program itself.

Antwort von Buildertrend

Cindy - thank you for your review and honest feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to do this and we've passed your feedback along to our Product team.

Rick
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Feedback on current satisfaction with BT

Bewertet am 14.6.2019

We are trying to run most of our construction business on BT, and use many parts of it, however the more we use the more we find things that are not very flexible, and of course if I can't resolve an issue when it arises it costs me much more time to deal with it once you folks are back working...

It does seem to have considerable functionality... some of which has been very helpful to us

Where to start. Response time is slow, even when I am connected to fibre. Some of the functionality is hard to use.. For example we are using the leads features, but it seems like we need many clicks to get a decent summary of a lead.... The window where activity is stored is very small...and does not seem expandable... so we can only see 2 or 3 lines of the data at a time....ie no ability to enlarge the window.
Next, I have enrolled in the credit card payments...and was helped initially by a BT specialist....but then was handed off to Wepay. After 2 weeks the account is still not set up. WePay regularly send emails asking me to submit documents I have already submitted.... I do and then the send another email asking for the same documents.... I reply asking to talk to someone...but no one seems interested in talking...only sending confusing emails.....
The hours of the help line seem very limited... As I try to grow my business I need to do considerable admin work after a shift has gone home...but so has buildertrend. Folks on the help line do work hard to resolve issues, but are often not available...for example.... the whole support team seems to be required for the same regular internal meetings... In an ideal world the customer would not have to wait so long for help.

Dave
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great way to track projects

Bewertet am 23.7.2019

Buildertrend has made us look much more organized than we are, since the customer can see the project progress if they’re tech savvy. We are also able to see cost of project and markups as we do proposals.

The best aspect of Buildertrend, would have to be the daily logs and customer ability to follow their daily project progress. Time tracking for employees, lead tracking, customer tracking, ability to sign projects electronically, receive payment online with minimal fees, and communicate with everyone involved with each project.

Buildertrend is a bit convoluted and cumbersome for the small company like myself. Being out on the job physically working to make ends meet due to employee shortages, leaves me with little time for office work. When I do have time for office work, I struggle to find the time needed to enter enough information in BT, to get back what we are paying for it. The more we enter the more we benefit. BT was difficult to learn in some areas of the program, and upgrades sometimes require even more training. We struggle with scheduling, and getting project information to show up on quickbooks.

MarketSharp

Warum Buildertrend gewählt wurde

Added features like time card tracking

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Buildertrend

It seemed to have more options

Antwort von Buildertrend

Dave, we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review and feedback! Continue to lean on your Buildertrend Coach and our Customer Success team for any help they can provide you.

Randy

G.C. point of view

Bewertet am 14.2.2020

Overall my experience has been outstanding with this product. It has freed me up to better RUN my company (instead of it running me) and finally be able to have some decent structure to it all in a few pieces of software to include BT.

organization, everything in one place...even if you want your QB to link to it, which we don't...I kinda like the two separate. We don't really use the PO portion of the software but have tried it and it's nice to know that its there...wish there were more video's on the entire program from set up through project completion. Techniques and more demonstrations on product capabilities and link-able aspects of the program.

I use chief architect for our design software, have been for over 20 years. They have great video's of product usage, tips and techniques by chapter from set up to a completed set of quality professional plans.

I believe BT could do the same, this is a great product for managing a company like ours and the cloud just makes it that much easier to work remotely anywhere in the web is. The price point is perfect for us and allows us to operate at a competitive rate.

For what I use it for I don't really have a dislike but I don't use but maybe half of the program.
Wish there were more video's on the entire program from set up through project completion. Techniques and more demonstrations on product capabilities and link-able aspects of the program.

James
  • Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

I am a horrified customer forced to use this product to refit condos destroyed by Hurricane...

Bewertet am 5.12.2018

It looks like a well thought out package. It would be so much better if users could change selections. Road Runner said it is not possible, because the construction company needs to protect itself, in case a user changes an item after construction starts. Hogwash! Use a time stamp. Take a snapshot! Freeze the app at construction start date. There are many ways to skin that cat.

Pictures, prices, all available in one spot.
I love the fact that I can view by location, or category. But it is impractical to use because there is so much dead space between items.
It is great being able to tally up costs as you pick items. unfortunately the costs show up in the wrong fields. See the cons section for more.
I really love the pictures and the details. the fact that I can see multiple images , in different rooms of the floor that I picked, for example.

Very intuitive.

Summary Price information is all wrong. My total price and remaining balance are the same! How can that be? As I pick additional items the dollar figure under selections made goes down. How can that be? I have no idea what my condo rebuild will cost me.
It takes 500 click for me to pick flooring for 1 condo. I should be able to say "I want Tile- Wood Plank- 6"x 24" Lumber Gray tiles throughout". It takes hours for me to record what should take 1 minute!
Each section is organized difrently. in the 1st section (enterance) my tile is 1st on the grid. Then on the second(Kitchen) it is last! This makes it so hard to search.
If I look at a category view, there are page, after page of blank space between items, making it impossible to use. I have to go through 10 pages to move between flooring selections in this view making it useless. The same hold true for the location view. I suspect this is a function of the data loader, but the company and project managers always say "that is the way BY works" When I complain to Road runner restoration they say they can do nothing about it. They state they cant modify the software!
The user has no capability to undo selections! So if we make a mistake we need to wait a month for the construction company to make changes.
Items .
If I logon to two units in the same webbrowser, one overwrites the other! Aaaah!

Antwort von Buildertrend

James, we are really sorry to hear about your negative experience. We strive to make sure all parties that are using our platform are getting the information they need. Buildertrend can be customized to fit many needs from many different types of companies. We will reach out to the Buildertrend account owner to make sure they are aware of all permission settings. Thank you again for your feedback.

Katie

Bewertet am 20.6.2019

I have used Buildertrend for almost 3 years now and I have appreciated having it.

I like how easy BuilderTrend is to navigate and use. The system is definitely more user friendly than any other platforms I have used in the past. I also like how visually appealing it is, rather than only focusing on functionality, creators also focused on it being nice to look at every day, which truly does make a difference when working in the same program for hours every day.

The quickbooks connection to desktop is very very clunky and can can and has caused major issues for us in the past. In terms of accounting, there are somethings that could be better. I would like to be able to see what has been sent over vs. what has actually been paid out to a sub, so the builder can tell without having to ask the accounting department whether or not someone has actually been paid, a more detailed status report would be great. I would also like for it to play better with the "projects tab" in quickbooks. Quickbooks has made a great projects tab, but it is not usable without how the information is brought over. this may not be possible, but it would be nice. :)

Buildertrend is designed mostly for custom builders in the way that it is designed to connect homeowners and use allowances. I would like in the future if there were more production building type features.

Rick

Bewertet am 9.12.2012

Willet Construction, Remodeling Specialist has been in business for 17 years. Our goal is to give Top Quality Service including Top Quality Craftsmanship. We are a Residential Remodeling Company that will do almost any type of project. We strive to create an enjoyable remodeling experience for our clients, so they will use us again and again.

During the growth of our company, it became apparent we needed a production management system to communicate with our customers and within the company. I became aware of BuilderTrend while being a member of Remodelers Advantage. We had been using our own spreadsheets and calendars for customers project. Our Change Order process was slow and hard to keep up to date. I took a look at 3 different programs, and decided that Builder Trend met the needs we were looking for.

We have been using Builder Trend for exactly 1 year now. We are extremely pleased with how it has improved so many areas of our company. Our customers love the communication system and seem to be able to use it with much ease. The Change Order & Selections process is so wonderful to keep us and the customer up to date.

Using the calendar for the job schedule is so easy and the customers appreciate knowing what will be happening on a day to day basis. We put our payment schedule on the customer calendar so they know when all payments are due. Customers are sending checks exactly on time, sometimes even before we send out an invoice. Cash flow has never been better for our Company due to the customer knowing exactly when to send payments.

Builder Trend has been extremely easy to learn. Technical Support has been extremely quick in responding to our needs. They are very knowledgeable about their product, and usually have answers for our requests immediately. Any time we need training on something, they are quick to set a date and time to cover any information we need.

With the help of Builder Trend, we have grown our volume of completed jobs this year without adding more employees. This has resulted in Willet Const. having it's largest and most profitable year of our 17 year existence. And we hardly ever have any Accounts Receivables that are more than 15 days old.

With the Selections being "Approved" by the customer on line, all the people that have viewing rights know exactly the product being used on each job. This way when our salesperson/designer are on vacation, anybody else in our office can answer questions from subs or customers about a product without having to bother the designer while they are on vacation. That way the job keeps moving smoothly, and our employees can enjoy their vacation without any worry about work going well while they are gone. This is especially nice for myself as the owner to go on vacation and leave work completely behind.

I also like that Builder Trend keeps improving their program. The "Leads" tab is great to know how much potential work we are estimating. And it helps organize our meeting schedule with our potential customer throughout the designing and estimating process.

Barbara

Bewertet am 26.3.2013

We were looking for a construction management tool that could include communication and job visibility throughout all departements and in the field - supervisors, procurement, management, financial, client & volunteer services, and that would allow updating and access in the field. BuilderTrend had it all.

We are a medium size, not-for-profit, affodable home building & repair, educating, and financing firm. Multiple Excel spreadsheets couldn't be kept up to date, and traditional MS Project Management software was too cumbersome with less features. A really nice aspect of BuilderTrend is that the whole history of the build process is kept in one place rather than in multiple files on in-house servers and personal computers. We are blessed with many volunteers from out of state and by creating a "Volunteer" job, the schedulers and supervisors can see how many and who is coming in advance so we can stage the work and communicate to them exactly what they will be working on weeks in advance.

Our client services department can see the build schedule for a client and keep the client informed of progress. We may not be using the program like a traditional commercial builder with clients would, but we have found all the features including selections and warranty to serve our needs very well. We have on average 25 repair jobs in process and 20 jobs in the planning stage at one time. We have completed over 180 repair jobs in the 11months using the system, and I could not imagine trying to manage this much work without it.

Out of the box, BuilderTrend is fairly intuitive to use, but there are nuances that should be learned to increase the user benefit. Training is always available and we discover more ways to use its functionality to streamline processes and communications. Our scheduling and planning meetings have gone from 1.5 hours weekly to 20 minutes. We schedule meetings with subs with the task function and quickly get a confirmation. This saves multiple phone calls of us and the subs. I can quickly answer questions for management and business partners simply by looking at daily logs, internal notes, schedules and pictures. The job list allows us to forecast and track our goals and find solutions when jobs are held up for any reason.

I have freed myself from continuous updating of Excel spreadsheets to being able to pull a job list and calendar list whenever I need to know status. Using the baseline features ensures I don't have to save a bunch of old reports for comparison to track project variances. BuilderTrend is very open to our suggestions on reporting and manipulating report and export functions, and I would like to see more capability in exporting reports. I like their focus on continuous improvement, adding functionality and meeting the customers' requirements.

Online topical is available but limited to the basics and I have always found the staff to be just a phone call away for answering specific questions. Overall a win for us.

Joe

Buildertrend

Bewertet am 1.7.2019

Scheduling, PO tracking and back costing of our jobs have become far easier to manage and far less time-consuming.
We are generally never late with materials due to the calendar and use of reminders, enabling jobs to run smoothly and efficiently with zero downtime.
The updates are definitely improving the experience with BT

Simple display options and excellent user interface
The system flows as per the workflow on site and the calendar works excellent in managing multiple jobs
All information in one place is excellent, and all available to supply chain and clients at the click of a button.

Our international clients love this software.

Would be good to have a clear guide as to how to use the POs, payments & COs and how they interact.
Doesn't transfer data correctly to Xero - double data entry
Does not do payroll, this would be a fantastic addition (understandable that it is complicated)
More flexibility required for estimates in BT. Lacks the functionality of Excel so forces us to use another system for this.
Clearer explanation of selection budgets and how they can be incorporated into the estimate would be beneficial.
Not been able to use the email link successfully to date.

Further guidance on how to link Xero tracking and BT cost codes would have been a huge help during setup.
It is still a challenge to get our supply chain to use the system with us.

Can be complicated to use based on the number of settings available to users and

Abdallah
  • Branche: Tiefbau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

It helps all parties to the project cooperate transparently.

Bewertet am 6.3.2023

With BuilderTrend, we have powerful tools to ensure budgets are not exceeded, and our ability to keep track of all project submissions and organize their records is improved.

I like very much that BuilderTrend makes all operations and procedures of the project clear to all parties, which enables us to implement the work within the specified budgets. It is great that BuilderTrend allows us to organize communication channels with stakeholders so that we can follow up on all project submissions and obtain approvals within the times specified in the contract, and it is good that all submissions can be accessed through records and their status is easily known. With BuilderTrend, we can collaborate with other stakeholders by preparing purchase orders, variation orders, and progress invoices, which shortens a lot of procedures and keeps all project activities on track.

I did not find many problems with BuilderTrend, but consideration must be given to training all members to perform the tasks correctly, as the ignorance of one of the members may cause a major defect, and the permissions system must be properly prepared so that only authorized persons have the ability to modify according to their specialization.

Antwort von Buildertrend

Hi Abdallah, we really appreciate the kind words. Thanks for sharing your experience with Buildertrend!

Matthew

Excellent Option for Construction Project Management

Bewertet am 20.6.2019

We started using Builder Trend in July of 17 to help stream line the many projects that we have. Builder Trend has been outstanding in growing with our company. There was a moment in time when several major components where simply not working well and we were considering moving to another System. Builder Trend's staff and development department have resolved all those issues and created a much better product that we will continue to use for years to come.

By far, the best thing about Builder Trend is its people. I have interacted with a lot of the staff and they excel in getting issues resolved.
This Online Software has everything that you need to manage a large variety of construction projects, Vendor/Contractors, and Customers
They continually update their program and it keeps getting better and better
They take great care in listening to their clients when making improvements
You can easily access the system using Desktop, Tablet or phone

They are working to address these issues, but one of the main issues is that it tends to not be as user friendly as other software, there are many times that they use 4-5 steps to accomplish tasks, when 1-2 would be better.
There are several bugs anytime that you use something that is internet based. Some of these issues have been addressed, others (like window scrolling) Still need to be corrected.

Paul

Processes

Bewertet am 24.6.2019

With the implementation of BuilderTrend, we have been able to perform as a company in such an efficient way that I often feel as though I am forgetting something. I think what I mean by that statement is that BuilderTrend has us to organized that my day to day tasks from leads, selections on current jobs, schedules, bids/estimates, and much much more is so streamline, I often feel a void internally like I am missing something. That "thing" that I am missing is stress and confusion.
This is and exceptional tool for us.

The best part about BuilderTrend is that we were able to apply our own processes we have established throughout the 38 years we have been open on a cloud based platform.

BuilderTrend is a very powerful tool. There is nothing about the software I particularly dislike, but I will say that it takes a lot of time to implement and understand the software. There are several areas that need improving/changing, however, the people at BuilderTrend are so quick to adjust. It is amazing

Jillian

BuilderTrend Review

Bewertet am 13.6.2019

Overall, BuilderTrend has worked well for us being a design/build firm. It allows all of our employees to communicate with each other as well as our clients.

BuilderTrend makes it very easy for us to communicate with our customers and have them be able to see "daily logs" of what is being done on their project. It is also easy for our sub-vendors, clients, and employees to see the schedule/calendar on projects and it's convenient for our homeowners to see who is in and out of their house for that day. From a marketing standpoint, it is easy to track our leads and pull data to analyze.

I hope in the future their is more ability for BuilderTrend to integrate with other platforms. For example, when somebody fills out an entry form on our website to request a consult, it would be nice if we could integrate BuilderTrend to be able to retrieve that information so we don't have to manually enter it.

Antwort von Buildertrend

Jillian, thank you for taking the time to give us your review and feedback! We appreciate it. I've passed your feedback along to our Product team.