Constant Contact

Rob
  • Branche: Marktforschung

Constant Contact Review

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

Very Good! It was easy to switch over and get everything going from the beginning.

We use Constant Contact to create our Email Campaigns and also to schedule posts on our social media on a weekly basis.

We had no problems with Constant Contact at all.

Sendinblue

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

Mailchimp has by far the worst customer service and has not been able to solve our problems - Constant Contact did their job in 5 minutes.

Customer Service
Roldan
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Constant improvements for Constant Contact!

Bewertet am 30.9.2022

Pricing might be competitive, but as a developer, it's not quite a nice experience integrating the email client. Specially when you are a developer trying to integrate it to your website. More in particular Elementor Pro integration. Hoping they already have reconciled this issue.

Just like any other email marketing tool, they can do the job. No complaints. Email creation for fast email campaign is a breeze. Templates are as well handfuls to choose from. Drag and drop features as well. And it seems that they have much more responsive email system compared to other clients.

Besides, you can use there service for user registration, A/B Testing and surveys.

First off, Constant Contact can do the job. No Problem. The problem comes when you deep dive into there system - technically taxing, not so user friendly interface, hard to implement branding etc...

Bugs, of course. When you drag a widget, it won't appear on the canvass. Exporting HTML version of the email is also a pain.

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

Well, to try the difference. Found out, they do have there own thurns and thissles with them. Pros and cons.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

We are MailChimp user. We have been disgruntled with MailChimp for some reasons. Until, we try Constant Contact for a change. Only to know both of them has discripancies with them. Can't choose one from the other.
Oleksandr
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

The analytics provided by Constant Contact provide the most satisfying feeling possible

Bewertet am 5.1.2023

It is important to note that we perform continuous analysis of customer requests through social networks, external platforms and social media. This is something you should be aware of. Constant Contact's Platform can generate the best possible reports for connection and robust constitution of the required elements. Through Constant Contact, we have engaged several different public content targets, and the results have been as expected. We expanded advertising options and became more effective content strategists as a result.

Constant Contact makes me happy, as I have improved the quality of all analytical procedures used in specialized marketing and ensured that they are always further developed. Everything is first class and of the highest quality, and I can complete a group marketing project with the help of their various tools. The service is quite good, and, with their use, I could integrate and customize the software without any problems. I evaluate data from social media accounts to corporate clients and various analytics management systems. There is no doubt that Constant Contact is an excellent opportunity for high-level advertising.

Constant Contact is an excellent product that has significantly impacted the creation of seamless marketing and numerous management systems.

Rochelle

Antiquated software

Bewertet am 11.1.2023

The software is affordable and has less limits than other software that serves the same purposes.

Constant contact hasn't made enough UX based changes to consider using with clients. Very limited in functionality and customization

Suzie
  • Branche: Medizinische Praxis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

All the bells and whistles

Bewertet am 15.11.2022

I wasn't sure about the product in the beginning. It was recommended after our long-time newsletter service dropped the ball. I had a bit of a learning curve but once I got the hang of it (approx. 2 hours), I managed to put out the 2nd newsletter in record time. The two best features are templates and automation.

Functionality is by far the best thing about Constant Contact. Once a campaign is set up, I can relax and allow them to do the work.

A bit of a learning curve when I started but their help desk is great.

MailerLite

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

Newsletters not getting through to customers

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

Tried both and Constant Contact worked better for us.
Shivanand
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Constant Contact Review

Bewertet am 17.12.2022

I have been using Constant Contact from multiple years for email marketing. It provides large number of templates for multiple industries which are easy to customize even for a beginners. Managing multiple contact list and reporting is too good.

Less number of email templates More number of Templates can be provided for free users as Paid templates are too many.

Aloima Daniela
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

Acquisition of new clients.

Bewertet am 17.12.2022

In the companies we have had large and effective profit projects.

Very good and very effective contact management software, projects and according to other platforms it works very well all incorporated, it has been quick in project management for future tasks.

Sometimes it blocks us from incorporating other tools. But it works fine.

Great Customer Service

Bewertet am 27.12.2022

It was great

The great customer service. They scheduled a walk through and taught me how to use the software.

The email templets could use some work just a little bit.

Andrej
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A mature and reliable solution

Bewertet am 13.12.2022

Constant contact is the first bulk emailing software I used. It had a great drag and drop editor and all the features that you would expect from similar software like mailchimp and Mailjet etc. it also seems to have lots of new features like sms marketing and social

What I do not like is that you pay per number of contacts rather than emails sent which is why I moved over to mailjet. - and it seems to have become quite expensive considering all the new competition out there

Ximena

Bewertet am 23.1.2023

Overall great experience

Really easy to use, we still use it. We are doing some single emails every other week.

Really hard to set up, but once we got it it's all good!

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Efficient but Limited

Bewertet am 14.6.2022

I like that I am able to import templates I build in BEE Pro's email builder. Maintaining customer lists is easy. The company is well-known enough to have extensive plug-ins for both WordPress and WIX sites.

Their things make their email campaign builder limited: no mobile design front-end editor, no ability to customize email width, or easily affect padding and margins.

Also, it is weird that you have to contact their customer service to remove their logo at the bottom of the email - even if you pay for the pro plans.

SendGrid

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

We are a school, who's SIS system will not integrate with other software. So, we constantly have to upload lists to our email servicer. Mail chimp kept flagging our account - got very annoying.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

Unlimited email sends - pricing based on contacts
Hafizah
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

Constant Contact review

Bewertet am 5.6.2021

Constant Contact excels in handling various groups/lists and large numbers of contacts. I've dealt with companies with a vast customer base, and Constant Contact enables you to manually eliminate subscribers and errors from more extensive groups/lists. They're coming out with a new edition of their email builders, but the existing one allows for individual CSS coding per block, which allows for a lot of customization.

Constant Contact has several oddities that I haven't encounter with Mailchimp, especially when using external connections for photographs and URLs. The email builder's text and link editing is a little strange and has a few flaws. Also, unless you make folders for all of your emails, the new search option for past emails is quite sluggish and takes a very long time to find.

Lisa
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!

Bewertet am 6.4.2021

Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

At the time (about 10 years ago), we had been with cvent for a few years, and their e-mail module was not at all user-friendly. Moving to Contact Contact was the best thing we ever did for our marketing efforts.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

I had heard great things about Constant Contact, so I recommended it for our association to try. No regrets ... it was the best decision, and we have no intention of switching to any other e-mail program.
Cheryle
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Review for Constant Contact

Bewertet am 9.12.2020

Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

Hylda
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

Reliable but a Little Costly

Bewertet am 16.9.2022

Overall, Constant Contact is a reliable.

We send out weekly newsletters, so I like that I can just copy the previous week's and change out the content, which saves a tremendous amount of time.

The app still seems somewhat limited in terms for text formatting and the custom HTML code feature isn't or doesn't seem to be available to us anymore.

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

Constant Contact just seems to have more features for designing.

More features
Adam
  • Branche: Medienproduktion
  • Weitere für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Get up and running easily

Bewertet am 12.3.2021

Overall, I like their niche. They are not trying to be something they are not and they have made huge improvements over the years to the GUI Interface.

The ease of making a custom email was exactly what we were looking for. We send out a Holiday greeting each year (we buy 2 months worth of CC every year). Once we have made a solid contacts.csv file the rest is really drag and drop. Also, a CC representative threw in a sample email that looks like our website...it was pretty neat, but not Holiday appropriate. Overall, our Holiday email goes out without a hitch and we get some nice reporting on the back-end that helps us for next year.

My only pet-peeve is if you want to cancel the subscription, you have to go through a sales rep. Slightly annoying in our case. However, all the reps were friendly and low pressure. We were able to cancel in one phone call.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

Cost, ease of use...it's a known quantity for us.
Michele
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely convenient for the way we do business. There are now other ways (paid) you can connect directly to Constant Contact to have new email addresses input, but we have not been successful at getting them to interface for us, even though they are supposed to work. Constant Contact support was not helpful on this at all -- this happened recently and was really our only disappointment with them EVER!

Kaitlyn
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode

Increased customer base

Bewertet am 2.8.2022

We love to reward returning customers, we know there are a lot of choices in clothing and jewelry. We used constant contact to make sure all of our customers know about our rewards and have the opportunity to use them in store and online.
As a boutique it's important that we have items our customers are looking for but may not be able find in a mainstream store. We use the surveys to find out what styles our customers are most interested in, which also makes the customer feel valued and included. We discovered that out customers were looking for different styles than what we had originally anticipated.
The pricing makes all of this a bit irrelevant since I can purchase the same services for much less from another software company.

The amount of new customers we brought in was awesome, we kept in touch with past or current customers, meaning they're more likely to become repeat customers.
Email tracking and email automation, surveys (or polls), high deliverability rate, click tracking, insights, and ease of use are all pros. Customer service is very responsive.

Constant contact costs more and provides less for the price than most of the other email marketing software I've used. I'm absolutely fine with paying more to get more but it doesn't make sense to pay more to get less. Business 101...
Depending on who the recipient has their email address with, more or less of the emails from constant contact may to wind up in the promotions label vs primary.

Trish
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Email Marketing

Bewertet am 9.10.2020

Overall, it's very good. It's pretty easy to use and the emails are really nice looking. They provide lots of templates to choose from or you can design your own. You can create many contact lists so you can target your emails to the group you're trying to reach.

Constant Contact is easy to use. You don't have to have extensive training in order to figure it out. They have lots of templates to choose from. You can talk or chat to a real person when you need help. They also offer a non-profit discount, which is very nice. The emails are very nice and professional looking. Once you have a template you like, you can copy it each time and change the colors to make it look fresh.

The events site is set up a little different than the regular emails. So adding things to the landing page isn't quite as easy as the drag and drop method that's available for the email marketing portion. Also, the event feature is good for taking basic registrations and payments (like selling items) but not great for a full blown event. We used it for several years for our fundraising event but it was a bit cumbersome. There was no easy way to do things like offer sponsor levels with X number of guest tickets included. Eventually we moved our fundraiser to an event-specific software.

Jeff
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A nimble framework with solid variety

Bewertet am 17.1.2020

Over all, it satisfies with tons of options and features. It's been around for quite a while so it has maturity. I like that, because it's less likely to drop off the grid and force me to learn a different application. With the savings of a few home-made cappuccinos instead spending at the coffee stand, you can easily afford this!

Constant Contact has a smooth feel and almost always gives back more than I put into it. It's simple, solid, and scores big with me in mass management of details, as well as private and public listings. From crafting a simple update, to publishing an intricate periodical, it does the trick. The better your skills in composition and design, the better this suite will engage your craft. If you're not really into complex "back end" matters, like analytics, CTA, efficiency, and delivery success, that's ok. You'll still be able to feel the "pulse"; and like many things, the rest will come with time. The best part is that it grows on you over time, instead of impressing you upfront, and then disappointing. This "work-on-it-anywhere" app is chock full of tools for social marketing, surveys and campaigns, monitoring, scheduling, automation and similar workflows, to design, custom templates, storage, libraries, and hosting, etc. However, don't ease up on your final proof, because that's where I make the "best" mistakes! The more polished it is, the more embarrassing that typo will be! Constant Contact is a multi-level mobile tool, with plans that meet well.

While I don't always anticipate maintenance down-times, a more diverse notification system of maintenance times would be nice. I also believe a "pay-per-use" option for a reasonable time-frame would be great for businesses with less predictable budgets, trying to get off the ground. Also, sometimes design tools aren't as pliable as I'd like sometimes (I'm a so-so perfectionist). But for the price, that's ok!

Karen
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

The industry leader that I WANT to love

Bewertet am 7.2.2019

Their pricing is competitive for organizations with 10,000 or more contacts. But at the end of the day, the sweet spot of Constant Contact is basic communication, not marketing.

Mobile-first responsive designs and customizable automation sequences should be a given for an industry leader known as the original pioneer of email marketing. Unfortunately, I can pick out a Constant Contact email in my inbox at a glance — and not just because of the requisite CC branding at the bottom. The look is less than elegant and does little to strengthen a company's brand.

It's easy to create opt-in lists and sign-up forms. There are lots of templates available to choose from, plus survey functionality and integrations with social media.

The email template designs are less than sophisticated. Many don't look good when read on a mobile device, which — thank you, Constant Contact analytics! — more than 55% of our recipients use to open their emails. The drag-and-drop interface has more limited functionality than other email providers I've tried. Design customization options are limited without knowing advanced CSS and HTML coding.

In addition, automation sequences are limited to basic autoresponders. They are challenging to set up, and there are no "if/then" logic options for sending automated messages.

Eleni
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Great email platform for design and contacts

Bewertet am 11.11.2022

Overall this is a great platform to use if you want something that's a one step up from mailchimp. Anyone considering using this platform would need to have a bit of experience using emails but there are a lot of guides and help available to help build effective and nicely laid out emails. There's lots of options for email designs, ability to upload images and media as well as segment.

This email platform is super easy to use for those who are used to email but who don't have their own coded templates to use. The email build is a drag and drop function and you can alter the layout and block sizes really easily. The reporting is really easy to access, review and download so you can see what content is and isn't working as well as see who your most/least engaged audiences are. In terms of contacts, this platform uses both lists and tags for you to segment your audiences which is really handy (however I wouldn't have too many lists to avoid confusion). The ability to resend emails to non-openers is a great added benefit that most platforms don't offer.

Mass unsubscribing contacts has been woefully overlooked on this platform and really needs overhauling. If you only need to unsubscribe a couple that's fine, but if you need to do it for a lot of contacts, you need to segment based on engagement, download and then re-upload to the unsubscribed list which is time consuming. You can't select all contacts and then click 'unsubscribe' as an action.

David
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

A truly great marketing email platform

Bewertet am 18.7.2019

On the whole, I find Constant Contact to be the best email marketing platform for the money. The feature set is very rich and while it can be a bit more complex than competitors like MailChimp, it is the best-in-class solution for those needing broad control over their email content and easy delivery.

Constant Contact is an easy to use bulk email online service. You have several templates to choose from and all of them are customizable. Designing everything from an invitation to a complex newsletter can usually be achieved within just a few minutes. Tracking email opens, clicks, and other metrics is equally simple. Getting basic business intelligence about trends in email activity is also easily accomplished.

Customer service is fantastic. We have had everyone of our cases resolved quickly and easily.

Constant Contact can be a little fastidious about unsubscribers and spam reports. The customer has very little control once a recipient has either unsubscribed or reported spam. They can’t be emailed again. Even if you are able to reach the customer and convince them to resume service or the customer made a mistake, it can be very difficult to re-enable their service.

Exporting your data is simple, however, Constant Contact itself doesn’t allow much in terms of integration with other software’s. It’s all export/import. There are a number of developers that produce plug-ins for individual programs, but they don’t always work properly. You take your own risks with those.

Sebastian
  • Branche: Internet

Constant Contact Pros and Cons

Bewertet am 12.9.2022

It's an amazing marketing tool! From texts to emails Constant Contact allows you to stay in touch with your customers and also to bring quality traffic to your business. Our marketing department loves this software and uses daily.

The ability to integrate social media channels and the high delivery rates make this software worth it.

High priced after 500 people price skyrockets also the customizable automation can be limited a bit and for the prices I would expect a larger variety of templates.

Noemi
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

A good email marketing platform for begginers!

Bewertet am 26.11.2022

The overall experience is great. If you are a big company, I will choose a different option so you can have more features to play with. If you are starting in this world, this could be an easy and intuitive option for your business. It gets the job done, but there is room for improvement.

Constant Contact is easy to use and makes it easy to start if you are a beginner.It offers different services inside the platform, such as email marketing campaigns, landing pages, or e-commerce. These services are quite limited, but as I mentioned, it is perfect to start your business. Constant Contact offers good customer service, which I find really important. The Email Marketing is easy to navigate and has many different templates to choose from. It is basic and easy to use.

I have used this software for over a year, and the overall experience is great. However, there are a lot of features that could be improved. Email Marketing: the templates they offer can be edited, but they have a lot of limitations. For example, there is no option to add text on top of an image unless you use the picture they are offering. When selecting blocks or layouts, there is not a huge selection. Integrations: they offer just a few software options to integrate your business. As well as just a few social media platforms to schedule your posts. In general, the options are very limited. I would love to see some changes to give the customer more playability.