Constant Contact

Jennifer T.
  • Branche: Immobilien

Constant Contact - The Best Digital Marketing Tool for Your Business

Bewertet am 8.6.2022

Constant Contact enables me to easily and efficiently produce high-quality marketing pieces, manage data and see at a glance what is working and what isn't, for my business. Even the free version provides everything necessary to pick up and run right out of the gate!

Constant Contact's user-friendly platform is my go-to for all things digital marketing. From designing marketing pieces to importing/exporting contacts, data organization, customization, reporting and analytics, social media posts and more - there is nothing that it cannot do!

I would like to see more customizable features added.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

Constant Contact is more user-friendly and cost-effective than the alternatives I have tried.
Latoya L.
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Constant Contact for Email Campaign & Social Media

Bewertet am 19.5.2022

Overall, I have enjoyed using Constant Contact. It saves time with sending out social media posts. You can schedule a month's worth of posts in advance to different sites. You do not have to post to sites individually.

The features I like most about Constant Contact are (1) the ability to post on at least 3 social media sites at the same time; (2) sending out email campaigns to your target audience; and (3) being able to schedule posts to go out at a certain time. This software is also easy to use.

At this time, I have not experienced any issues or features that are difficult to use.

Lacy S.
  • Branche: Versorgungsunternehmen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

Outdated service

Bewertet am 27.5.2022

In general, Constant Contact feels like a software built decades ago that's bolted on features over time instead of a well-designed, intentionally integrated solution. Templates are old fashioned. Automations are limited. (For example, a welcome email cannot be a series.) Old sign-up forms are maintained, but weren't migrated to the new functionality, so we'd have to rebuild each one to modernize them. Custom contact fields are limited to text or date. Missing details like this add up to each project taking more time than it should.

I suspect Constant Contact was a front-runner in the early days, but there are better email marketing solutions now at a similar or lower price point that offer a coherent, simple-to-use, and modern product. This was one of the first SaaS products I replaced with another service when I took over my job.

Drag-and-drop email builder is straightforward, and I appreciate the polling and RSVP functionalities. It's easy to collaborate with team members on the same projects (but not on a variety of projects -- see below). Overall the naming and location of items is intuitive, which makes it easy to find your way around if you've used other email marketing software. I like the ability to get a url to past email campaigns.

The templates and functionality are outdated, and it takes time to build out customized elements that fit with a modern aesthetic. Support is so-so; other service providers (such as MailerLite) have raised the bar with quick response times that Constant Contact just doesn't offer.

This product works best for a single user or two. The list, segments, and tagging attributes offer flexibility, but they get out of hand quickly when used for multiple goals or by different teams. This email marketing service has been the hardest for us to keep clean. Additionally, there is a single unsubscribe form, which doesn't make sense when different teams use the same service.

The search function for past campaigns doesn't work well, so it takes time to riffle through the list to what we need. This is how many of the features work: they're probably there, but it takes time to get what you need.

Katie P.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Constant Contact Helps Our Business Thrive!

Bewertet am 10.3.2022

Overall Constant Contacts is phenomenal! It has been the hub of our communications with our team, volunteers, and community. We use it for newsletters, drip campaigns, marketing, and more. People are always so impressed with how beautiful our emails are laid out. It is easy to learn and use. And overall has helped our business grow!

I love the beautiful layout options. The easy to use and design drag and drop. Ability to add your own images and videos. But most of all the analytics are amazing! They are comprehensive and allow me to download spreadsheets which is so helpful!

I wish there could be more contacts per pricing tier.

Rohmah A.
  • Branche: Design
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Really Great Marketing Software

Bewertet am 16.5.2022

I really like that it is easy to setup and has a lot of templates.

I don't like the fact that it can be a bit on the expensive side for startups

MailerLite

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

Because constant contact offered more features

David K.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Helped with our needed until I found something better!

Bewertet am 24.5.2022

A good software to help any company forward multiple emails to customers. Has a decent selections of templates.

Didn't find it as friendly as other apps and the pricing structure did not work for my usage.

Eddie L.
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Slower to innovate than competition - not a bad price point for functionality

Bewertet am 26.4.2022

We outgrew the platform very quickly. We needed something that looked professional and was easier to use, and then eventually a professional tech-first platform like SendGrid.

Easy to get started particularly for those that are not tech saavy. The price point is not bad, especially among infrequent users, and does not get overly expensive with large lists like MailChimp can.

Delivers basic functionality well and has recently started trying to add new features.

Constant Contact was one of the first e-mail marketing platforms out there, but they failed to innovate while many new entrants came into the market and had much more sophisticated platforms.

They fall in a weird category now, they are not cheap to get started like MailChimp, but they lack the sophistication of SendGrid. I'm not sure if I would purchase them again.

SendGrid und Mailchimp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

It was the existing solution put in place but a less tech saavy manager.
Shana R.
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Contacting Constantly

Bewertet am 26.5.2022

The benefits have been helpful to releasing newsletters and material.

The templates are pretty good and more attractive than most competitors. Their customer service is accessible and so far top tier.

Some of the fonts are dull. And it doesn't always give an eye catching appeal.

Philip M.
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great software and getting better

Bewertet am 17.5.2022

I appreciate how they make me feel as a customer and I would like to continue working with Constant Contact for the foreseeable future.

The software is approachable and fairly easy to use! I have always felt like Constant Contact is something that I look forward to using during my daily routine.

I have found that the integrations of new features are not always smooth for me to understand and fully optimize, but it's great to see them growing functionality.

Franck A.
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

no email software is comparable to constant contact

Bewertet am 28.5.2022

this software has allowed me to work in the field of sales in a more efficient and professional way with above all a 10-fold increase in performance

I like the simplicity with which this software allows me to be in constant contact with my clients and the way I organise my email campaigns at the beginning of each month

the price is too high for someone new to the software and it is very expensive to deploy

• Branche: Hochschulbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Efficient but Limited

Bewertet am 14.6.2022

I like that I am able to import templates I build in BEE Pro's email builder. Maintaining customer lists is easy. The company is well-known enough to have extensive plug-ins for both WordPress and WIX sites.

Their things make their email campaign builder limited: no mobile design front-end editor, no ability to customize email width, or easily affect padding and margins.

Also, it is weird that you have to contact their customer service to remove their logo at the bottom of the email - even if you pay for the pro plans.

SendGrid

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

We are a school, who's SIS system will not integrate with other software. So, we constantly have to upload lists to our email servicer. Mail chimp kept flagging our account - got very annoying.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

Unlimited email sends - pricing based on contacts
Michele M.
  • Branche: Verlagswesen

Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business

Bewertet am 5.11.2020

Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely convenient for the way we do business. There are now other ways (paid) you can connect directly to Constant Contact to have new email addresses input, but we have not been successful at getting them to interface for us, even though they are supposed to work. Constant Contact support was not helpful on this at all -- this happened recently and was really our only disappointment with them EVER!

Michelle O.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Ease of use for Small Shop

Bewertet am 9.10.2020

The team was great in getting us set up as non-profit with reduced pricing. Using their analytic tools for our website and social media has been an added benefit for us.

Constant Contact is easy to learn, use and gather reports. The functionality is great and helps eliminate duplicating work. We love the ability to drop in a you tube video, conduct surveys and gather RSVPs.

Only frustrating part is being signed out of account, but still being able to make changes. You don't know that your time has expired until you go to save the changes.

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

We switched from Finalsite since we did not renew our contract with them. Our new website provider does not provide email integration - Constant Contact was the perfect fit for us.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

We choose Constant Contact based on recommendations from other schools that use it.
Neffer K.

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

Bewertet am 10.7.2018

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out.

What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out.

I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

Selene M.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the...

Bewertet am 26.6.2018

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Feyisayo E.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Bulk Email Marketing At Its Best

Bewertet am 9.7.2020

I like using Constant Contact and the experience has been good especially with bulk email sending.

1. Constant Contact makes it easy for me to send bulk email that goes straight to inbox and that what got me entangled with it.

2. I noticed a very rare feature that Constant Contact have that many other doesnt have. Constant Contact, allows me to collect donations from people. Many of the clients i have helped setup Constant Contact like the donation feature part so much too.

3. Constant Contact allows me create absolutely any kind of form that is needed for my list building.

Constant Contact doesnt have a free forever basic plan. Although they give first month free but I think they should have a plan for small businesses starting out who cannot afford their $20 a month.

Sendinblue

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

Sendinblue plan doesn't fit my budget, its too high compared to Constant Contact. Also, Sendinblue free plan is not encouraging. It says I can only send 300 emails per day.
Hafizah S.
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

Constant Contact review

Bewertet am 5.6.2021

Constant Contact excels in handling various groups/lists and large numbers of contacts. I've dealt with companies with a vast customer base, and Constant Contact enables you to manually eliminate subscribers and errors from more extensive groups/lists. They're coming out with a new edition of their email builders, but the existing one allows for individual CSS coding per block, which allows for a lot of customization.

Constant Contact has several oddities that I haven't encounter with Mailchimp, especially when using external connections for photographs and URLs. The email builder's text and link editing is a little strange and has a few flaws. Also, unless you make folders for all of your emails, the new search option for past emails is quite sluggish and takes a very long time to find.

Violeta A.
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Good platform for email campaigns

Bewertet am 29.7.2021

What I like most about this platform is the fact that I can classify the list of subscribers according to my needs. When sending email campaigns, I can select which group to target instead of sending it to all of my leads. Their analytics is very clear and easy to understand. They provide tips to improve campaigns and stats to measure your effectiveness on each campaign.

I wish this platform would have more innovative features to make more powerful campaigns. For example,
adding videos or gifs. I usually design my campaigns on Canva and then add it in Constant Contact as an image because their designing tool is very limited. It will also be very useful if they would add a link for calls as they do to direct people to websites and emails.

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

Constant Contact is easier to use.

Easier to use
Curt L.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

Bewertet am 25.11.2017

The email analytics and reports are great.

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

Andrea B.
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Don’t sleep on Constant Contact!!!!

Bewertet am 16.7.2021

We love Constant Contact! The decision to switch to CC last year was the best decision that we made all year! It’s made our lives so much easier and we are definitely reaching more people!

Beautifully organized with list/ calendar views, folders, and list management attributes
Automated social media and email scheduling
Campaign management
Landing pages
Forms
Lead Ads
Reporting both original and resends in detail with drill downs so that you can see who exactly clicked!

There is some room for improvement in the ability to tag other pages in the social media posting section. When I post, I have to leave the site to find the social handles of the people/businesses that I’m trying to tag. If it could auto populate like it does in the social media sites that would be amazing!

More lead ad options other than just Facebook.

Integrate with AirTable!

Lisa T.
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!

Bewertet am 6.4.2021

Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

Warum Constant Contact gewählt wurde

At the time (about 10 years ago), we had been with cvent for a few years, and their e-mail module was not at all user-friendly. Moving to Contact Contact was the best thing we ever did for our marketing efforts.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Constant Contact

I had heard great things about Constant Contact, so I recommended it for our association to try. No regrets ... it was the best decision, and we have no intention of switching to any other e-mail program.
Erica S.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement

It keeps getting better!

Bewertet am 27.2.2018

Constant Contact is the standard for email marketing, and you can see why! It allows you to quickly upload your email contacts and create professional email marketing. We've been able to see how many people open each of our email campaigns, and which campaigns are most successful, making future marketing more targeted.

Love the ease of use - whether you want to send a quick email using a premade template, or customize every part of your message, Constant Contact gives you the tools. It's easy to find what you need, and you don't need to know anything about pixel size or the HTML color codes to create professional emails.

Constant Contact just introduced A/B testing, so you can better gauge the headings and send times that get your audience to open the emails.

Constant Contact is a very solid platform - I've yet to see any service outages, or experience any features that feel buggy, unstable, or like they're still in beta testing. If you have access to a feature on Constant Contact, you know that it will work.

It's difficult to manage old campaigns. Want to see what your message was last time, what template you used, or how long ago you sent an email to a particular group? Good luck - you'll be scrolling through pages of old campaigns by hand.

At this time, you can't run reports to compare the percentage of opens/click-throughs per recipient group, or to compare how various keywords or send-times compare. To really analyze your marketing approach, you'll have to extract this data by hand.

Some of the updates (i.e. A/B testing, custom template options) have been available to users of free competitor services for years. It would be nice to see Constant Contact take a more proactive approach to innovation and updates.

Cheryle B.
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen

Review for Constant Contact

Bewertet am 9.12.2020

Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

Nathan R.
  • Branche: Öffentliche Ordnung

Robust Email Marketing

Bewertet am 3.9.2018

Converting web site visitors to email marketing recipients has never been easier, as site visitors simply select which programs they are interested in and they are automatically added to the appropriate contact lists in Constant Contact. Constant Contact has made it painless to conduct email marketing campaigns that circumvent spam filters, something that Emma and MailChimp struggled with.

Constant Contact makes it really easy to make attractive, functional emails and to conduct email campaigns with sequencing. Building emails is done via a drag-and-drop interface (WYSIWYG), so you don't have to have any coding experience with html or css. It's really easy to schedule your campaigns, too. If you can use Outlook and Word, you should be able to get comfortable with Constant Contact pretty quickly. It's also really easy to build and manage contact lists, including importing from csv files. And Constant Contact does a good job of tracking bad email addresses and removing them from your lists, which is important because you are charged by the number of contacts you have. I also like that you can send yourself previews so you can try the messages out on different mail programs and tweak them to your liking. Once you've sent out the messages, Constant Contact offers reporting to let you know how successful your campaign was, including the click-through rate. It also sends you reports about who is being added to and removed from your contact lists. Its integration with several WordPress form plugins means it's easy to convert web traffic to email marketing recipients.

Permissions. There are basically two levels of permissions besides the account owner: campaign creator and account manager. It would be nice to have more granular control over what users can do, because account manager gives users a lot of freedom, but is necessary to work with contacts, schedule a send, etc. The other thing I don't like is how quickly the cost ramps up. Having used Emma and MailChimp, I feel like Constant Contact is the most robust platform. But it is expensive.

Sonia del valle U.
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

The best way to promote your company by email is with Constant Contact

Bewertet am 6.12.2018

Constant Contact has been very helpful for our company, it is an excellent marketing tool that has allowed us to increase our customers and sales significantly.
It is a very complete and effective system but at the same time a little expensive if you have many contacts, but I think it is worth the investment.

Constant Contact has many features and functionalities that allow us to effectively promote any product, business or company.

It's easy to start creating email marketing campaigns with Constant Contact. It is intuitive and easy to use, its interface is simple and allows us to adapt easily to your work environment.

You can create effective campaigns with a pleasant and innovative visual style since the system has a large number of templates that we can customize and adapt to any type of campaign, there are many different designs that we can choose from.

Constant Contact will allow us to direct our campaigns to one or more contact lists that we have since we can segment our contacts very easily, simply creating different lists for each group of contacts that we need

We can perform an analysis on the campaigns sent through the option of reports, being able to quickly verify the percentages of opening, clicks, rebounds and unsubscriptions and thus we can be improving the effectiveness of our campaigns

Constant Contact allows integration with other systems such as Shopify, Wordpress, BigCommerce, facebook and others.

I think your support staff are not so good, when we call support it is difficult to find an operator that speaks Spanish and we lose a lot of time on the call, I also think that Constant Contact is a bit expensive system.