Resource Guru

Cloud-basierte Teamplanungssoftware

Sortieren nach

Nev
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

We have had this tool for about 4 years now and we have come to rely on it heavily.

Bewertet am 3.5.2018

organization and accessibility to a schedule managed by many

- online so you can view it remotely
- clients can be color coded
- you can set various permission levels
- reporting is accurate
- customer service is fast

- searching for a specific project can be a challenge with no search feature
- nothing else, it works well.

Bill
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and to the point - Resource Gu does the one thing we need most, and it does it...

Bewertet am 26.4.2021

It has been a significant enhancement o our workflow. Our prior use of our CRM system to do what Resource Guru does was costing us at least a full day per week. Now we get it all done in an hour our tow.

Simplicity and focus. Resource Guru solves one problem, a problem that is key to our business - which is project resource assignment and scheduling. It does it quickly, and easily. Our prior tool required us to understand a complex CRM system with multiple interrelated functions. Resource Guru gives us the availability, assignment and schedule tools we need to deliver our projects without needless overhead.

I would like more user defined fields when we assign a resource to a project. We assign a project sales phase type to each project, and we assign an individual billing rate to each resource, which can be different for each day of the project. We currently do that using a strict taxonomy in the "Notes" field and them use an Excel macro to parse that information out for sales and revue forecasting. While this doe take a bit of management and programming magic - it is still orders fo magnitude less complicated that it was previously when we managed this data in our CRM system. Having those filed would just make our lives all that much simpler.

Ana
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

RESOURCE GURU - ok for small and medium companys and/or not too demanding user

Bewertet am 7.2.2020

We use it for micro and macro managing of our team. For bigger companies such as ours it is not flexible enough. Reasons as listed above.

I LOVE the sayings from the sitting guru on the upper right side on the dashboard.

I miss certain features or find them not to be optimal for end user:
- Colouring certain project or client, without influencing dashboards in other offices worldwide, who happen to work on the same project or client (if I want to mark it regionally)
- Search function is not successfully applicable (you dont't get clean results, without clutter)
- Not optimal print option for weekly overview (Guru in the middle, format wrong)
- Copy function only with shift key + draging the selected entry to duplicate it somewhere else
- Reports export to excell is not usable without modifying the excell spread sheet
- Complicated weekend bookings

Hi Ana

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some difficulties. I wanted to let you know that we have plans to release custom fields for bookings in future, and this should help you to categorise individual bookings without having to use the "Color by" setting.

When you filter resources you will see all bookings which have been made for them, and we are currently working on a dedicated project/client view to make it even easier to focus in on bookings for specific projects/clients.

Resource Guru was designed to be used as an online tool, so we don't have a print feature right now but we do plan to support printing in future.

I can see you discussed the report downloads with our team and I'd recommend you use the XLSX file rather than the CSV file.

When it comes to booking at the weekend, if your resources aren't normally availability you can create an availability exception as shown here https://bit.ly/31H5S6C You can also flag overtime!

Hope this helps :)

Thanks

Karla Stephanie
  • Branche: Kosmetik

Good Knowledge Base

Bewertet am 26.9.2022

I have had a good experience with this so far. Compared to the previous software we've used, this is much better and easier especially for a bigger team.

I like how organized this tool can be. For our account, updates are constant and this tool will help us make sure that the team is updated. You can also engage with your team within the card especially if you have any clarifications or questions.

Knowledge Base Alerts - this part needs improvement. I wish there is a way to notify the team using the knowledge base alerts that would notify them right away instead of checking the "lightning bolt. Changing it to yellow isn't enough. It would be better if there is a sound made to make sure that the team will know that it is a must if you will receive a knowledge alert.

Isabella
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Extremely handy software, easy to use, visibly appealing, great to manage and schedule.

Bewertet am 25.11.2019

Positive, I do enjoy managing RG for our company. My company want us to migrate and start using the schedule planned for Office 365, but I had to push back and explain that this software is up to date, already does everything we need it too and Office 365 still has a long way to go before we can use it for what we want. It's safe to stick with RG that we know how to work, we know what it does and what i can't do and it works, no need to change something that isnt broken.

I like the appearance of the software - its clear, self explanatory, easy to navigate, see the bigger picture to jiggle schedule resource about, etc.

I like how easy and quickly the support team are there to assist when needed.

I like how it shows you who has booked what and the daily reminders via email of what is coming up, etc.

It isn't a negative but I would like to have a scheduling log, to see at what time and date did someone book a slot onto the schedule. I manage the Creative Studio, depending how many campaigns and the urgency in hitting these deadlines, I need to keep track of the entire departments availability, knowing when i can move things around in order to deliver last min projects. Only myself should have booking access, but I currently share it with Creative Directors, so they can schedule in my absence, but I can't see when they have booked them in so i can keep track. Is this something you could implement, please? Thanks,

Microsoft 365

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru

Office 365 is still a very new software that requires lots of updates and features adding to it, that yourselves already provide.

Hi Isabella

Thanks for the great review - I'm so pleased to hear that you're enjoying Resource Guru :) I'm pleased to say that an activity log is very firmly on our roadmap, and I've made a note to contact you as soon as this is available. You can also keep up to date with new features by signing up to our Newsletter at the bottom of our homepage - https://resourceguruapp.com/

I hope this helps but please don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do for you :)

Marc

Kudos

Bewertet am 10.11.2019

As a small, but growing organization, we were having trouble measuring how our creative resources were being allocated. Resource Guru quickly solved that problem.

The software was very easy to implement and even easier to use. The reports page provides a great, visual presentation of our creative department's utilization for the week. Until we started using the software, we were unable to track enough data to inform a successful creative resource meeting. Now we have visibility into the upcoming weeks which has significantly decreased our dependence on freelance talent.

The waiting list and overtime feature can be a little confusing. The hours don't get added to resource bookings and increase the utilization percentage. It would be great if the overtime hours pushed the utilization percentage over 100% to clearly highlight over-allocated resources.

Smartsheet und Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru

Using Excel and Smartsheet required too much effort and the Project Managers would not be able to effectively track changes in resource allocations.

Hi Marc

Thanks for taking the time to share your review! I just wanted to touch base on your request for utilisation to show at more than 100%. It's not possible to book someone for more than 100% of their time - our booking clash warning system prevents this to help ensure you always meet your deadlines, and without burning out your team. But if you want to overbook resources, you can do this by adding bookings with overtime, and overtime hours will be itemised in the "Overtime" column on the Reports, so it's easy to see where your team are overstretched.

I hope this helps to clarify things but please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're always very happy to help!

Leticia
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Resource Guru has been a game-changer for us

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

I love Resource Guru. It's the only thing that's shifted our capacity management into a new gear. By which I mean: No more trying to manage everything from a single calendar, complete visibility over workflow and appointments, and the ability to see at a glance how much time is available on any given day.

1. It doesn't try to do anything other than what it's best for
2. Calendar sync
3. Cost-effectiveness
4. Responsiveness of the support team (including on UX suggestions! Amazing.)
5. The little guru on the dashboard. Yeah it's cosmetic but it makes me feel good every time I log in.
6. Easy to set up and use.

The only things I really dislike a cosmetic and non-fatal. They are:
1. The inability to hit a "today" button to go back to today's date, and the thin scrollbars right and left
2. The fact that I have to literally click and drag events to create instances on non-consecutive days, rather than selecting dates.

Basecamp, ClickTime und Smartsheet

Warum Resource Guru gewählt wurde

It's just ineffective to manage capacity in a calendar OR a spreadsheet (which is what we were doing previously).

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru

Everything else is not just resource specific. Resource Guru is (ref comment about it just doing ONE thing and doing it extremely well). Plus the cost. Resource Guru is incredibly cost-effective for a micro team like ours, which runs almost entirely on subcontractors.

Hi Leticia

Thanks for the great feedback :) I hope you'll be pleased to learn that we definitely do have a "Today" button which takes you straight back to today's date. It's in the top left of the schedule, next to where you navigate between different months and years.

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you please just let us know.

Jon
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Useful too for transparency across teams

Bewertet am 21.11.2019

Any questions I had were answered clearly and quickly. They are very accommodating and the tool has improved over the last 6 months as well. It has helped us streamline utilization and project assignments.

I love how easy it is to see a view of availability across multiple team members at the same time. I love the ability to color coordinate projects for an easy view of some major projects across multiple team members. Also easy to allow others permission to log in and see their utilization as well.

I have to manually enter in recurring meetings. I have not mastered an easy way to automate getting our clients and projects into the tool. would be good to multi select projects as well to get them closed or cleaned up.

Saviom

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru

Chose Guru for the cost and ease of use and setup.

Hi Jon

Thanks for sharing your feedback - it's great to see you've given us 5 stars! You said you would like to import projects, and I wanted to let you know you can do this quickly using our Zapier integration, as shown here: https://blog.resourceguruapp.com/importing-projects-into-resource-guru-using-zapier/

I also wanted to mention that bulk editing and non-sequential repeat booking (i.e. a booking that repeats weekly/monthly) is very firmly on our roadmap. In the meantime you can use SHIFT+drag to copy bookings :)

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you at any point, please just let us know.

• Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

An option for time, cost, manhour management for small-medium scope

Bewertet am 20.8.2021

Generally no issue if the scope is small to medium. larger scope requiring links to many other apps may take time to sync.

Intuitively easy to use, good usage of colors to present a quick glance of resource versus objectives deliverables

Integration with existing calendars, tools may not be smooth and sometimes not synced.

Trello, Microsoft Teams und monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru

Good usage of colors to present information quickly

Hi there

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru :)

I wanted to let you know that our calendar sync feature is currently a one way sync, but we do have firm plans to support 2 way syncing in the future. Once 2 way syncing is released, you should find it easy to keep external calendar events synced in Resource Guru. Can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news.

I hope this comes as good news! If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out and we'll be very happy to help.

Sonia
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use high level planning tool

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

Resource Guru allows our company to do long-term high level planning of resource utilisation and provide a guide lead time for sales teams.

I've been using Resource Guru since 2013 and it's constantly improving which is good to see. It's easy to use and provides decent reporting.

I'd like to see public holidays auto populated according to a country of choice and ability to limit daily bookable hours just by a number (e.g. 7.5h) without setting a rigid start / end / lunch break.

Asana

Zuvor genutzte Software

Google Docs
Simon
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Couldn't run the team without it

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

Excellent. All our interactions with the team have been fast and successful. They clearly love the product and the work they do.

It's fast and intuitive and I am able to see at a glance and report on all of my team's​ assignments and accurately schedule all their time.

Reporting aspect. Stock reports are good, but would like to be able to drag them into a platform like PowerBI. Potentially via scheduled export to CSV or similar. Would also like some more customisation​ such as more leave types and an option to backup and restore information. Finally, audit tracking - who made what change.

Microsoft Teams und eResource Scheduler

Warum Resource Guru gewählt wurde

The tool was only good for scheduling large blocks of time, was slow and cumbersome. This tool is much more dynamic.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru

Exact functionality match to requirements. Originally bought for my team​ only, but quickly expanded to the whole department.
Reshma
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

SM user

Bewertet am 30.9.2019

As mentioned I have implement RG to both my previous and current working places. Its easy and simple, no complications, not clumpy.
I use RG on a daily basis to book my whole team's daily tasks.

Easy to use, simple for all team members. Looks visibly pleasing.
I have implemented Resource Guru to my previous and current working places.
Very good value for money.

Needs to have an action for users to click once they have completed the task. I have been waiting for this for a few years now.
Still not very mobile friendly.

monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru

It was more beneficial for my team and how we work daily.
Jeremie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

The best stand alone solution for resource management

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

We're using ResourceGuru for weekly planing, when we plan the up-coming week for every creative and strategy members. And every day, through a short stand-up meeting, we review the daily plan of everyone to make sure everything is clear. Thanks to the simplicity of the UI we can easily replan on the fly in case of project changes.

UX is awesome
Simplicity of the solution.

The one-side only integration with Google Calendar. If we plan meeting in people's calendar, ideally it populates ResourceGuru (and would place it in queue in case of conflict/overtime).

The integration with other software, like Harvest, is inexistent, isn't it?

Hi Jeremie

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that 2-way calendar syncing is very firmly on our roadmap, so can I suggest that you sign up for our newsletter in the footer of our homepage if you haven't already - http://resourceguruapp.com. That way we can keep you in the loop about new features and other news :)

When it comes to integrations with other tools, there are a couple of ways you can go about this. We have a 2 way REST style API which you can use if you have some programming capabilities at your end. You can find all of the API documentation just here https://resourceguruapp.com/docs/api. We also have a Zapier integration which lets you quickly connect Resource Guru with 3,000+ other tools, without the need for any programming skills. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app

Please let us know if we can help further :)

Emma
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing software that's incredibly useful for our Studio team

Bewertet am 24.1.2022

We as a team absloutely love using RG, we use it on a daily basis and it really has transformed the way in which we work as a team, making us more collaborative and organised.

Can't believe how cheap this software is and all the built in capabilities! It's great, we are a team of 7 and this has helped us with our project management bookings.

You can clearly see what work is booked in over the weeks/months and allows you easily to move stuff round.

I would like there to be an option to have specific colours per clients. It would also be good if it retained hours per project. For example we have big animation projects in that are broken down into sketches, moodboard, animation etc and would be good to have some sort of log if the time gets moved.

Hi Emma

Thanks for sharing your feedback when you responded to the survey we recently sent you :) Customisation of the colour palette is firmly on our roadmap, but in the meantime if you have any programming capabilities at your end you can use our API to add custom colours. You can assign your own custom colours via API right now if you'd prefer. You can find all of the API documentation via our Developer Center here https://app.resourceguruapp.com/developers/apps

Also task dependencies are firmly on our roadmap for the future, I'm afraid I can't give you an accurate release date for this just yet; but I'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there is any news on it.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Jane
  • Branche: Professionelles Training & Coaching
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Value for money and SO easy to use

Bewertet am 20.7.2021

This has saved us countless hours of email writing and phone calls as our trainers can see their bookings without us having to call or write to them each time something changes. All of our sales and booking team can immediately see who is available for times requested by a client. Our Marketing and Finance departments love the reports and they are so easy to customise.

Colour-coded projects, ability to mark projects as confirmed or tentative, able to sync the software to individual calendars, easy to customise reports, everything on one screen, easy to add and customise new resources. I could go on but, this software has grown with our company over the past 4 years and we are all very happy with it.

The new features that are added are not always in the order we want. For example, it took 4 years for the confirmed/tentative option to be added - a very useful feature for us but I understand that the Resource Guru Team needs to prioritise features based on the overall needs of their customers.

Lara
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Review from a user perspective

Bewertet am 27.11.2019

Resource guru has been a bit of a god send as both a user checking when you're scheduled in for work but also as an admin to have big visibility of what everyone is working on and when.

Scheduling is really easy to do on the web version, I can book, amend or cancel resource in a matter of moments and easily drop and drag to move things around.

The mobile version on web browser can be a little clunky, it would be good to have an app version to make checking scheduling on the go (whilst at external meetings etc) easier to use, the same for booking resource on the go, its almost impossible to do so on mobile

Hi Lara

Thanks for leaving a review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the new schedule is mobile optimised, so you should now have a much better experience when using Resource Guru on a mobile in browser.

We do have plans to release dedicated mobile apps in future, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates :)

Elom
  • Branche: Buchhaltung

Resource Guru - RMT

Bewertet am 11.2.2020

We are trying to ensure all jobs have been staffed. Jobs may have from 1 to 3 people with different experience levels. So far we've staffed the jobs, however we're unable to determine who's overloaded and who isn't.

Ease of scheduling and color coding to identify the job owner.

Differentiating between confirmed file and unconfirmed files;
Unable to sort resources by experience level
Unable to view staff capacity in one shot - We didn't sign up for reports so that may likely be the reason.
Unable to color code by client and also by booker

Hi Elom

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can use custom fields to filter your resources by experience. Here's a walkthrough you might find useful: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942075-using-custom-fields-to-categorize-resources-by-skills-department-and-more

When it comes to tracking utilisation and capacity, this is all done in the Reports section so you'd need to upgrade to the Blackbelt or Master plan in order to access this information. You can learn more about what the reports have to offer here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/collections/38289-reports

Finally, you can definitely color your bookings by Client or Booker, as well as by Project :) You'll find a walkthrough on using colors here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942102-using-colors

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out :)

Adile

Resource scheduling never easier

Bewertet am 9.12.2019

It has make resourcing scheduling so much easier. Staff knows what they are supposed to be working on and managers can plan properly resources and understand conflicts or overtime required to complete projects on time.

It is a very easy tool to schedule resources. you can extend tasks across weeks, split tasks, duplicate tasks across different team members. It is visual and easy to use. It allow us to understand who is working on what projects.
You can customise and filter resources by teams and you have a reporting tool where you can see by week how is your resource utilisation.

the Zoom -+ button will only show present week or next 6 weeks. It would be good if you can select how many weeks you want to see, between 1-6 weeks to visualise on the Schedule tab.
sometimes when adding many tasks on a day for one resource, you create overtime unnecessarily it would be good to have a button/option to distribute same amount of time to all the tasks for a day, taking the amount of hours the resource works a day.
Reporting- when reporting who is working on what project, it would be useful to have the percentages of time spent on each project.

Float

value for money
Mark

Worth It

Bewertet am 22.2.2022

Overall I am very happy with the product

As a cloud based system it has no implementation issues. Its easy to use and clear to view. The ability to use colors to quickly delineate users and projects is a great feature and the reporting is excellent

Having to download reports as a pivot can be frustrating I would prefer the reports to be available within the software.

Jira

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Resource Guru

Was quicker to implement and easier to use
Jaspal
  • Branche: Versicherung

Excellent for viewing schedules

Bewertet am 13.12.2021

i can see the dept's schedules and plan booking

Easy to use and add important notes to as well

We have 16 trainers so would be good to view the schedules one one page without having to scroll up and down

Hi Jaspal

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! The number of resources you see on the page at once will depend partly on your screen resolution, and partly on how many bookings you have for each resource on individual days. The more bookings, the more space a resource will take up on your screen.

You can help to show more resources by hiding your availability bars; here's a walkthrough you might find handy: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942098-using-the-availability-bar

It may also be worth noting that you can filter your resources, so you're only looking at relevant people. Here's a walkthrough showing you how: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942088-filtering-resources

Alan
  • Branche: Design

A Helping Hand

Bewertet am 22.2.2021

Resource Guru is great really help keep on top managing your workflow.

Easy to use, helpfully displays list of tasks for the day and week. easy to amended if the work flow changes, and keep track of work done and what is lined up next.

The only con that comes to mind is that unless you have schedule open in Brower your are not notified is anything is add or removed on the day you are work.

Hi Alan

Thanks for sharing your feedback when you responded to the survey we recently sent you :) We have firm plans to release an enhanced notification system in future, but in the meantime if you'd like emails to be sent more frequently you could setup DIY notifications using our Zapier integration. You can read about using the Zapier integration here https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942116-using-the-resource-guru-zapier-app
I'm not sure which email client you use, but as an example, you can find the triggers and actions available between Resource Guru and Gmail here https://zapier.com/apps/gmail/integrations/resource-guru.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if there's anything else we can do for you. I'm always happy to help!

Fauzi
  • Branche: Medienproduktion

Resource Guru Makes My Daily Life Easier

Bewertet am 22.4.2020

I really love that it'll remind me what my schedule is like the night before I sleep. I feel at ease before I go to bed :) thank you!

I am not toop sure if there is such a feature already. However, it'll be best if I can match my personal calendars on match on Resourece Guru as well. I am an influencer and a writer. Therefore my hectic schedules may clash in and outside of work.

Hi Fauzi,

thanks for sharing your feedback! You could subscribe to your Resource Guru bookings from your external calendar if you'd like to, because we currently offer a one way calendar sync feature which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar such as Outlook - you can find a walkthrough here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942091-syncing-resource-guru-events-with-your-calendar

I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Melissa
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Easy to onboard and easier to use!

Bewertet am 13.8.2019

Resource Guru helps our agency see availability of resources to ensure we are allocating projects efficiently. Without it, we were running blindly and were hoping that team members would speak up when they were too busy or too idle. Now, we can see this ourselves (days in advance) and prevent talented employees from going unused.

- Color coding clients
- Being able to manually adjust hours/availability per resource
- Limiting permissions per user
- Adding in when employees are OOO
- Search feature to check skill sets and who has worked on which client before
- Saving searches so we can quickly view groupings of employees

- I wish there was a way to search bookings for key words
- It's unfortunate that this tool doesn't link up with our PM tool, Asana
- There's no 'undo' button if you accidentally click and drag a booking unknowingly

Kevin
  • Branche: Rundfunkmedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great for organizing teams of people and the resources they use

Bewertet am 5.2.2020

A vast improvement to the spreadsheet our organization used to use to schedule employees

User interface very easy to use, filtering options (for example showing only people, resources or any combination desired) very helpful, great way to see your whole team's at-a-glance schedule

external calendar (ie Outlook) integration could be improved. Booking holiday for multiple people/resources at once very easy, wish that functionality could be extended to non-holiday bookings

David

Resourcing consultants

Bewertet am 25.9.2019

We have a number of delivery teams spread throughout Australia, and these act in remote locations, and in overlapping areas of interest.
Resource Guru gave us quick and easy ways to see who is available, who is not, and to see teams (location or project based) and be able to plan our people.

Ready accessibility in both the field and the office without needing setup on the device.
Clear interface.
Simple filtering of team records to be able to determine resourcing constraints, etc.

On occasion, it becomes difficult to determine where work is on site or off, or whether a planned consulting visit is a firm date, or a flexible date. This could be down to how we are using it, though.