Float

Die Ressourcenplanungs-App für Agenturen, Studios und Firmen.

(1 586)

Sortieren nach

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
  • Branche: E-Learning

Keep Your Business Afloat

Bewertet am 19.2.2023

Overall, I would recommend Float as a useful tool for managing cash flow and making financial decisions. Its intuitive interface, powerful scenario feature, and the ability to link to existing accounting software make it a helpful addition to any business’s financial toolkit. However, the cost may be a barrier for some businesses, so it’s important to carefully evaluate the pricing plans before committing to the software.

Float is a cloud-based cash flow forecasting and management software designed for small and medium-sized businesses. As a user of Float, I find the software to be a helpful tool for managing cash flow and making financial decisions. One of the primary benefits of using Float is the ability to visualize future cash flow, which is useful for planning and forecasting. One of the key advantages of Float is its intuitive interface, which makes it easy to use and navigate. The software allows you to link to your existing accounting software, which means that data can be automatically imported into Float. This saves a lot of time and reduces the chance of errors, which is particularly important when dealing with financial data. Another benefit of Float is the ability to create multiple scenarios, which can be used to model different financial outcomes.

One of the potential downsides of using Float is that the software can be expensive, particularly for small businesses. The pricing plans are based on the number of cash flow forecasts that you need to create, and this can add up quickly.

Jonathan
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter

So Glad I Found this Software!

Bewertet am 5.8.2019

Overall, it has been a value add to the way we do things. We were using Google Sheets to schedule and calculate bandwidth before and the limitations were severe. I'm thrilled that we now have an easier and more attractive way to plan work!

I like the ease of use for bandwidth calculation. Before Float, it would be very difficult for us to understand Trainer occupancy, and it was also a challenge to schedule trainings far in advance over several regions. With Float, I can see what's coming up at a glance and provide accurate reports to stakeholders so that they know how busy we are and will be. At the end of the quarter, I can easily calculate and show how much time we spent, and on what.

For my specific use, access can be a challenge. I need something between "Project Manager" and "Member." For me, it would be ideal if there are a "Department Manager" role where people who had this level of access could modify the schedule for anyone in their department, but not see or edit the schedule of other departments.

Paul

Float for time management

Bewertet am 17.1.2019

Problematic - not 100% sure this is floats problem, as it seems designed for the restaurant/service industry, and we are more a agency/service business.

I like the fact you can filter and search by people and/or project

I don't like that you cannot see 3months in advance on 1 screen. It's still laggy when scrolling, we have 70 people timesheeted and we have project managers filling this in, they find it cumbersome. The repeating tasks are not well formed, as in if you set a repeating weekly task then want to edit one week to be say 3 days, it won't let you do it.
We have other awkward things around adding contractors or people leaving jobs, it would be nice if Float had more sample data as I think sometimes we uncover usecases they haven't tested for - atleast tested the UX for.
I'd love it to improve, as the last speed improvement they did was a step in the right direction, but more customisation is needed.

Ahmad Farhad
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Schedule Your Team at Float!

Bewertet am 13.11.2023

I really like Float, it helps me to schedule daily and weekly work for the team. I easily assign and modify tasks anywhere and anytime for both teams in-office and remote. It's a great software.

I like how easy and convenient it is to schedule work for my team, assign tasks with details and deadlines, and manage my clients' appointments.

I use it for scheduling work and appointments. So, I like the way it is.

Mohammad
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter

Float is your management tool for a good business.

Bewertet am 3.3.2023

Monthly cost is very low, services are great, support is wonderful, interface is a wow.

Sync. of Float with other calendars such as Outlook and google makes life easier to work. All the reminders sent are great.

Could not find anything wrong with this software.

monday.com

Warum Float gewählt wurde

Found more options in Float, it exactly has what our company needs.

ZenHR

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

After analyzing how it works we found that it does not contain all the features we are looking for.
Marta
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Imaging floating through production or traffic management meetings!

Bewertet am 21.3.2023

We have been using it for almost 2 years, overall we are happy although it took a bit to get the hang of things. The customer service was super nice and helpful the couple of times I have reachedout.We have tried the time recording module a few months back but the price was too much for us at that time.

That once you get the hang of it is great tool for my team (about 40 team members). The big board gives great overview and the filters work like charm! As long as you have set them up correctly. This took a bit to click through all the team members but once done it make traffic management SO much easier!

Lack of multiple currencies, very cumbersome managment of retainer projects (those that need to be repeated month by month). Phases don't really work for me as it's too much maintenance and it's not the easiest to do

Resource Guru, monday.com und Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

Interface, price, personal preferance that's difficult to pinpoint at the moment.
Davy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool for team scheduling and follow-ups

Bewertet am 2.8.2019

Our company went from 1 to 5 people in the past year. We also have interns or students that are only here for a while. We now have a tool that allows us to follow up projects and team schedules in a very clear way without creating big overhead costs. It works fast and efficient for us.

Easy to use. We can view the schedule of the entire team in one screen and make instant changes if necessary.

When creating tasks, the difference between creating projects and clients can be annoying. Also: provide more colours! ;-)

Teamleader und Google Sheets

Warum Float gewählt wurde

Google Sheets was becoming to complicated to follow up billable hours, tasks and schedules. Float brought all of those together for our team.

Google Sheets

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

Google Sheets was not efficient anymore. Teamleader had too many features for our current needs and would have created more overhead costs.
Tomasz
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Resource planning in big picture

Bewertet am 9.9.2019

Float is great tool that helps us in three ways:

1. Planning resources in the near future - thanks...

Float is great tool that helps us in three ways:

1. Planning resources in the near future - thanks to this we can easily know what specialist and when will have free time for some short maintenance or start new project.

2. Planning time off office days

3. Get statistics about how much time was spend in which project in wide perspective and quickly check who and when was working on what milestone off the project for client reports.

How easy it is. To book resource or edit time range you only need a few clicks or drag and drop.

It will be nice to get notifications about not booked time of some resource and small tool for moving all booked resources for a given project in time.

Kantata und Harvest

Warum Float gewählt wurde

Paymo was slow and has bad mobile app

Paymo

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

Nice UI, easy to set up, fast to add and modify
Ben
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Simple and powerful resource management tool to manage team workload

Bewertet am 5.8.2020

We really love Float and it’s been a game changer in effectively managing our resources across projects. We now have a clear view on our resource pipeline and it’s allowed project managers to better utilise team based on availability and make more informed hiring decisions.

Easy to setup and use without any training required. Clean interface that makes it easy to view and update resources assigned to projects. Love the ability to easily drag to extend duration of tasks assigned.

Would be great if there was a better integration with our timesheet tool (Xero) to populate timesheets automatically based on plan in Float.

Antwort von Float

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your review! I've passed your Xero integration request to our team.

I also wanted to let you know that we do have a time tracking add-on in Float that pre-fills your team's timesheets based on the work schedule. You can find out how it works here, https://www.float.com/how-it-works/time-tracking.

All Float users can try time tracking free for 30 days. The Account Owner needs to activate this from the Team Settings in Float.

If you want a demo of how it works, or have any questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Thanks again for the review!

Cheers,
Siobhan

• Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great for a high level, resource management tool.

Bewertet am 2.9.2020

Its a user friendly tool that makes resource management and managing a team of 40 with varying skillsets, availability, and calendars feasible.

It is not customizable, few api integrations that have worked, no development hope even when communicating with brand reps. You almost are forced to use it as is, off the shelf, or not at all.

Microsoft Teams, monday.com, Adobe Workfront und Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Float

Cheaper, visually appealing, you can stack by department, skill set, tag, etc. in ways other tools cannot.
Alex
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Minimal and polished UI, but not lacking in features

Bewertet am 30.7.2020

As a developer it's easy to get sidetracked. That's why we have project managers and Float. Float helps me not only keep track of what I should be doing and when I should be doing it, but it also helps me keep track of what my colleagues are doing. Especially now, when working from home is the new normal, it's really easy to check if one of my colleagues is working and if they might have some time available for me. All that without having to add 20 filters and navigate a complex UI. Float has all the features in all the right places but still manages to keep a minimal looking UI.

There are only minor annoyances I have with Float (they're more like nitpicks anyways). A filter to hide projects that aren't being worked on in the current week/month would be nice. Also, there's a lot of freedom when assigning colours to a project. Maybe some predefined colour palettes would work better and stop our our schedule from looking like a lego brick wall ;)

Brad

Float review for Audio Visual Studio

Bewertet am 17.1.2019

With using Float we have been able to have one central, accessible platform for the team to schedule tasks and projects and to assign them to the relevant individuals, sometimes weeks ahead of the deadlines. This has improved the teams overall planning of jobs and has allowed us to see what we can take on, what we need to reschedule and at times when we have to call in additional help to meet the deadlines. Float is quite easy to use and is improving all the time with new features. For us as an audio and design studio it has become an essential tool in our day to day operations that has benefited our overall productivity.

As a busy audio and visuals studio the biggest advantage we have seen with using Float is the scheduling feature. This allows us to schedule when projects and tasks need to take place, and who is working on and responsible for each project and task. As we have a number of people on our team and often numerous projects on the go at one time, Float has allowed us to better coordinate everything and has become vital in ensuring that projects and tasks are completed on time by each individual team member. As a team we can view the overall workload and time frames involved, while as an individual you can keep track of what tasks or projects you are working on and what projects you can or can not take on due to scheduling.

Sometimes the administrator /account owner has certain scheduling permissions and can add projects for individual team members int he scheduling feature. This is great but when these scheduled tasks or projects need to be changed or reshuffled it can only be done by the admin person / account owner and not the individual. There have been times when the admin person has not been available and I have needed to change the scheduled projects created by the admin person but have not been able to and have had to wait for the admin person to do it. This is the only downside so far that I have experienced using Float.

Christian
  • Branche: Telekommunikation

Float Review

Bewertet am 17.1.2019

We used to use a HUGE white board and dry erase markers for our schedule. We thought that this was the best way for us to tackle our job scheduling and Float was met with a bit of resistance once the boss said we were going to try it.
WOW, were we wrong. I would never look back now that we are using Float. One of the best tools we ever used. We are scheduling anywhere from 18 to 26 techs on this program and I fully encourage anyone even thinking of possibly trying out a program for scheduling to do your self a favor and try out Float. I'd be shocked if your not impressed by it.

Kudos to you guys! I love the newer faster Float! You are making my job much easier & faster. Love the faster navigating/scrolling and the changing of a task’s time by scrolling on the schedule up or down beats the hell out of having to open the task and do it from there.
Love the new feature that you can hover over the work task and the notes appear without having to open the task.

Great job, keep it up!

Would like to be able to move a task to the afternoon (or lower in the cell) for a day where it is not a full days worth of hours and there is nothing else for that employee that day. Example, I have a technician on a 4 hour training course and it is in the afternoon. He has nothing else scheduled that day but I can't move the task lower in the cell so it looks like it is scheduled for the morning. It would be nice if you could hover over the "Time off" cells and see the notes associated with it , like you can for a work task, without having to open the "time off" cell.

Joseph
  • Branche: Umweltdienstleistungen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

Intuitive and helpful software, let down by occasional performance issues

Bewertet am 9.9.2019

Although I list here several cons, I think these are far outweighed by the practical benefits of using the product, and certainly don’t dampen the experience too much. My experience so far with Float has been one of trying to make it reflect reality, and encourage adoption within our organisation. I think the real advantage of using it will be one project managers are widely aware of its benefits, and proactively use it to resource projects and keep abreast of changes in the availability of our team.

Float is an incredibly intuitive piece of software to use, with a simple calendar-like interface that everyone can understand. I have found that this aspect of the software is helpful in promoting its adoption within our teams. The experience is consistent across the product, which has allowed me to discover more and more features in and enrich the experience of using the product.

The performance of the software is occasionally a bit lacklustre. For example, I often find myself accidentally clicking somewhere on the screen which prompts a dialogue box to open to enter a new task. This problem is especially pronounced when using a trackpad, and isn’t something that I experience elsewhere. Additionally, the interface seems to have a strange way of ‘splitting’ tasks that occur across multiple days. I have found that it often leaves blank gaps that give the illusion that a team member is working more hours per day than they actually are.

There are a few features that I would like to see when going forward. Firstly, I think it would be good if there were different options when ‘resizing’ a task. Currently, the task can be resized independently across both axes (i.e. how many hours per day, and across how many days). I think it would be good if there were an option for these to affect each other – i.e. the total number of hours allocated to the project remains the same and could be allocated fewer hours across more days, or more hours across fewer days.

Aidan
Aidan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Beautifully simple and easy to use

Bewertet am 26.1.2019

Float is a product I like using, and I wish some of its features and UX elements were in the other software that I use! We use Synergist for job and project management, but Float for scheduling because it UX is so much better than Synergist's scheduler tool.

Float's user interface and logic are inspirational. They have made the activity of coordinating multiple resources on multiple projects about as easy as it can be. They have paid a lot of attention to usability, efficient use of screen real estate and simple navigation. However the killer feature is the intuitive yet clever way that searching and data navigation work. All searching and filtering is done using a single search field, which offers indexed word search on pretty much everything including tags. There is also a well-worked out protocol for handling union and intersect searches.

The only real bugbear is that any user that can enter data into the system can define new values for any field. It isn't possible to centrally control lists such as task names, clients, job descriptions etc. This means that if you have more than one person using the system, very quickly you get different versions of the same thing being defined (e.g. job roles being slightly different) which makes it difficult to analyse across records. Not a dealbreaker, but I do think it should be possible to lock down lists of values. Also it would be good if you could zoom out the view a little more - if you're dealing with more than a dozen resources/projects.

Klara
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Makes capacity juggling so much easier

Bewertet am 22.8.2023

The tool has a simple overview, visually similar to already known calendars. This means that you don't need any time to familiarize yourself with it. Just click and add entries.If you work with many different customers, you can create them once and then easily add individual projects within these customer folders.I especially like the fact that I can tell my clients apart right at first glance using the Color Coding feature. But when I need more information, I can also click on the entries and have access to the job number, the available budget, and any other information that might be available.Thanks Float - you make my daily work so much easier :-)

What could be improved:Currently, when I enter vacation, my projects in the same time frame just disappear from the schedule. This is quite inconvenient and should be fixed. It would be more practical to at least be warned and transfer the projects individually to someone else from the team, or be able to specify vacation substitutions so that the projects are automatically transferred.Also, it would be great if you could duplicate blockers via copy & paste. The split tool is often a bit impractical to use.

Suhas
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

best project planning and resource management software

Bewertet am 22.8.2023

Float takes care of all of my project management and resource management needs. It is the one place i can go to to keep an eye on the projects that my team is working on, and to see what the next 6-8 weeks looks like for my team and assign work/projects accordingly.

I work in consulting and manage a team of 6 consultants. I find Float really useful to be able to manage scheduling for my team as well as forward plan based on upcoming work and team availability. I also work with a wider team and need to be across what other projects are happening and where my wider team might have upcoming availability that I might be able to use for my upcoming projects. I can use tags to be able to filter based on my preference, i find this feature extremely helpful.

I can't really think of any. It works as it should for my needs. It has an intuitive user interface and super easy to use.

Aaron
  • Branche: Animationssoftware
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Empowering Efficiency: A Scheduling Product that Masterfully Handles Prioritization

Bewertet am 24.8.2023

What sets this project management software apart is its exceptional user interface. Navigating through tasks, timelines, and reports feels intuitive and user-friendly. The visual representation of project timelines and progress is a standout feature, making it easy to grasp project status at a glance. This visual clarity has significantly enhanced our project planning and decision-making processes. With this software, complexity is simplified, and managing even intricate projects becomes a breez

In my experience with Float, the aspect that has the most potential for growth is the mobile app. While functional, it could benefit from more robust features and smoother navigation. Real-time updates and more comprehensive task management capabilities on the mobile platform would greatly enhance the product's utility for users on the go. Despite this, Float's desktop version remains a reliable tool for managing schedules and projects effectively.

Yevhenii
Yevhenii
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great tool to manage your team

It helps manage my team's work

It helps manage my team's work

UI is excellent. I like it very much. I am very comfortable managing a team's work as well as my own

In the past, I said that the logging button is hard to find on the navbar. Now this button is clearly visible. I'm grateful to Float for listening to customers

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Choosing Float as a communication tool means choosing a pillar of agility and attractiveness...

Bewertet am 30.7.2020

What do your employees expect in terms of corporate communication? Employees no longer hesitate to use their personal tools and applications for professional purposes. Collaboration and communication tools promote new uses and new ways of working within a digital, agile company that is increasingly extended to its external ecosystem. Collaboration and communication tools promote new uses and new ways of working in a digital, agile and increasingly extended company to its external ecosystem.

Float as an internal communication tool makes all this possible, bringing managers and employees closer to the company and meeting their expectations in terms of information. Fun, practical and functional, Float has become for me an indispensable managerial tool, both to explain the company's strategy and to highlight my results. It also allows me to motivate my colleagues!

I find that the features already present are exactly what I need for my start up: the possibility to call each other via Chrome browser is a plus.
The mobile application is really very useful and makes Float easier to use. Not only does it allow me to continue to follow the threads of conversation wherever I am (in a meeting, on the road, anywhere), but also to send attachments (images, records, etc.).

The integration with other applications is very ergonomic: I use Jira and Confluence a lot and the widgets in Float are very responsible as soon as I import a link for my collaborators.

I'm a fan of it, I find that it is not lacking in functionality, but if I ever change my mind, I know that the customer service department will welcome my remarks and suggestions with kindness and professionalism.
However, I do find that the possibility of not having to change browsers and make or receive calls from Mozilla would be great.

James
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good tool for team visibility and managing flex in projects

Bewertet am 30.8.2023

Essential daily driver for project management.

Essential daily driver for project management.

Float is a super quick way to make sure everyone knows who's working on what and when. Easy to quickly re-arrange scheduled to adapt to changes in projects.

Interface misses some simple things (e.g. why can't I right click to copy/duplicate a task?)being able to converse on a task and track billable/non billable time would probably mean we could ditch some of our other tools...

• Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A must have for all manager

Bewertet am 30.8.2023

very positive

very positive

Float makes managing a team's workload easier. I would be lost without it.

I don't have any issues with Float. Perhaps I need to explore the functionality further as currently I only use it for scheduling.

Shivang
  • Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Project timeline management made easy for our team

Bewertet am 1.6.2023

As always, coordinating between projects, especially in consulting, can be difficult. We started using Float last year to support our firm's efforts across multiple client projects. Generally speaking, it's been a pleasure using Float to better manage project timelines. In particular, my firm's managers appreciate Float's ability to make resource management easy to visualize and understand with a quick glance.

Overall, the visual resource planning with Float is superb. It's very easy for our teams to track progress across projects. Project managers have high transparency and visibility into 'resource' (aka analyst/associate) staffing, and this has made delivering projects on time much easier than before. Assigning resources between team members is also very easy.

There was a slight learning curve for some of our team members, but that's really the only drawback we experienced.

Jonathan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Long time user and never found anything better

Bewertet am 21.8.2020

It's a great app that helps us every single day to simply and effectively manage resource without the process becoming a chore.

Float is the most straightforward product in our software stack. Every new start knows how to use it within a few minutes of creating an account, and we are able to allocate our resource quickly without the software getting in the way of the work which I wish we could say about all of the products that we use.

Not really a criticism of float but I will be looking to find an agency management solution that has a float integration if possible and if not another method of sync as we would hate to leave float behind.

Antwort von Float

Thanks for your review Jonathan! You can check out our direct integrations here, https://www.float.com/integrations, and please feel welcome to send any requests to [email protected].

Cheers,
Siobhan

Flexible, collaborative scheduling

Bewertet am 18.3.2019

It's been a learning experience for us as a team, and myself as an individual. We now push all work in as soon as we even believe it will happen and mark it as tentative. We can add milestones and deliverables so everyone collaborating on the schedule can see how much work there is and how likely it is they'll be able to add more in. A great tool that's got us away from the horror of scheduling in excel.

Can easily see the whole stream of work. We were using excel, not ideal, especially when it came to needing to change it and others had it open. We'd done this for years, not great. This tool means we can react faster to the needs of our busy studio. Adding milestones has been invaluable because we can easily see where pinch points will happen. Handling employee leave and work hours is now super seamless as float deals with it for you using the 'time off' feature.

It can be fiddly to arrange work in the correct order if you're doing less than half a day block at a time. Fortunately, this doesn't typically affect us, as we deal almost exclusively with long term, large projects.