UKG Pro Erfahrungen

• Branche: Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best payroll solution

Bewertet am 11.6.2018

It help us speed the payroll process by 45% more fast.

It help us speed the payroll process by 45% more fast.

Ultipro best trait is the ability to customize the settings or features in a way to mold it on how the business works.This is a very intuitive tool, that even our non tech people can manage and control their own data and find everything they need on UltiPro. The cloud provides a real-time information including reports and dashboards that has the ability for employees to be able to navigate seamlessly and manage their information is made an impact. Very easy to use.

Very limited on the workflow process in web based. Some features are slower than other, not sure if its because the data is too much. This are small bumps compared to the benefits that this tool offers, so overall it doesn't have too many flaws.

Chelsea
  • Branche: Biotechnologie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Over promise and under deliver

Bewertet am 6.6.2022

I expected better customer service, less limitation and a more seamless transition. We sent the employee demographic report to UKG and they left off multiple employees, messed up the ID#'s and etc. So be sure to double check their uploads.

Their staff is either not properly trained or understaff based on the service we received from them. Note that once you've launched your module, you only have 30 days with your consultant before they ghost you. Once that time period lapses, you have to put in tickets to get any issue resolved. Even issues that were caused during the implementation by the consultant, they will not fix it.

Great sales team. Some modules were easier to launch than others. Nice people. Definitely a software that is in demand so they have plenty of clients.

As titled, probably the worst implementation I've ever rolled out. I've launched at least 3 different vendors in my career and never have I experienced such terrible customer service. Definitely not apart of UKG's goal. Wait time was obnoxiously long. We were told in [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that we could launch our Benefits module by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] We're in [SENITIVE CONTENT]and we've not launched all of our benefits module. Expect to add on 2-4 weeks to any wait time you have. Prepare to have multiple members on the employers side to help launch because you will have different UKG Consultants, Lead Integration, Account managers and etc. The initial calls you have with the consultants for the modules are a waste of time. They call just to introduce themselves and tell you how long the process is and then they schedule additional calls for implementation. I rather just skip to the implementation since you can also do the introduction during that call.

You do not get fully trained on every module, they expect you to watch trainings or go to their UKG Community and see how other clients solve their questions/problems. So if you have a small team, steer clear from choosing UKG.

Mobile app is very limited. This is also the ONLY way an employee can upload a photo. You cannot upload photos via the web, unless an Admin or HR uploads every employees photo. Mobile app is super archaic. The Time keeping system is in a different app called UKG READY but everything HR data is in the UKG Pro app.

Workday HCM

Warum UKG Pro gewählt wurde

Over promised on many things so we switched only to find out there were some limitations. We also switched because it made better sense for the Finance team.

BambooHR und Paylocity
Cynthia
  • Branche: Tierarzt

I'm Sad to Say....

Bewertet am 15.12.2022

Let me start by saying that it used to be great system and in the past I was a huge supporter of UltiPro and Kronos, and I thought they had the best systems out there from a payroll perspective - much easier to use than either Workday or SAP, and they had excellent support. And you were in control - you didn't need to hire a ton of expensive pseudo-IT people to run your department. Sadly, that's no longer the case. It's almost impossible to get support, the UI has gone downhill, and the product is very disjointed. It takes forever to perform simple tasks - very similar to a Workday or SAP. You can get it done, but not easily. You can no longer reach anyone in the Tax department - you can open tickets but no one will ever respond. You're on your own and you don't have the ability to make necessary updates yourself - it's a terrible feeling. I have had tickets open for months and I'm coming up on year end and I'm not going to be able to report accurately. Why they would take away the ability for users to make their own updates to taxing jurisdictions I'll never understand. But they did, and they don't respond when you open a case even after escalating. It's a nightmare. Now, I would go with another vendor given the choice. And that makes me sad.

I absolutely love the reporting capabilities in the core system. UKG uses Cognos, and you can literally write a custom report in minutes and pick up pretty much any field in the database and export it to Excel or PDF or whatever format you're looking for. You can schedule reports that can be automatically sent to your users and they can only see what their role and security allows them to see, you can create dashboards and interface files - whatever you need from a reporting perspective is at your fingertips. And it's as easy as drag and drop. I can't stress enough how useful this feature is.

I hate how long it takes to perform simple tasks, and I am horrified by the fact that they no longer provide test environments - to me it's not an option to test in production. We had to fight and beg for months to get them to make an "exception" for us, and frankly would have moved in another direction had they not eventually given in. The product and support, both of which used to make the system different from the other offerings on the market, have gone so far downhill in such a short time it's astonishing. Be prepared to have to go to a ton of different screens to get basic information or to perform an everyday task. And forget about getting any support. You can open tickets but no one is going to respond no matter how much you beg for help.

Britta
  • Branche: Chemikalien

UKG Pro Highlights

Bewertet am 18.12.2023

I would recommend UKG Pro to my peers having used the system in some form or fashion for over 15 years.

UKG Pro is easy to use and provides an intuitive experience for your end users. You can manage your employee data with ease and can process Payroll without complex processing steps.

Sometimes the needs of the business cannot be met because UKG Pro may not have the exact product or service available at that time.

Jeannette
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

AAA Human Resources Review of UKG Pro

Bewertet am 8.9.2021

I am very happy with this product. We have added several additional UKG modules to the core system and they all work well together.

The SSO feature, all the modules and the core system work around single sign on. So no multiple signing in.

The benefit side of the system needs more work. We do not have Benefit Prime. We are using what was provided in the core system.

Dayforce HCM, ADP Workforce Now und Workday HCM

Warum UKG Pro gewählt wurde

Wanted to get away from the cost of installing and maintaining a system.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu UKG Pro

The SAAS environment. We did not want to have to install upgrades and maintain the system. Also it had the features we were looking for at a more affordable price.
Elizabeth

Great mid sized HRIS system

Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

Overall we have been very happy with our decision to move to UltiPro

The ability to customize the system when needed. Easy to use, seems fairly user friendly.

Time and attendance tracking leaves some things to be desired, hopefully with the merger with Kronos this will be addressed in the near future. There are still some aspects of the system that do need to provide more customization.

AscendTMS Logistics Software, Dayforce HCM und Workday HCM

Warum UKG Pro gewählt wurde

Wanted a better all in one system

ADP Workforce Now

Gründe für den Wechsel zu UKG Pro

Seemed like this product was the best option from a user and back end user experience
Micky
  • Branche: Maschinerie

UKG Pro Review

Bewertet am 15.8.2023

We are now integrating with NetSuite and, although it is a long process, UKG has worked with us to get this going.

We have used the product for 10+ years. I guess you can say we really like it. It does most things effortlessly.

I wish we could do more with the PTO codes. They just revised the Customer Success portal and I feel they went backwards a few steps. I believe they will rectify this soon. Sometimes they are slow in responding to cases.

Tina
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion

Implementation to Go Live

Bewertet am 16.6.2023

Paying hourly employees comes from their time and proprietary calculations being done accurately. We have found no issues during our first 2 go live payrolls. We had constant issues with previous time and attendance vendor.

Functionality and Cleaner. User friendly for employees and Supervisors/Managers.

Reports are very complicated to build. Too many different areas to go to and not intuitive enough. I have taken all the classes and still do not feel comfortable at all in modifying or creating reports.

Alem
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Awesome Pro

Bewertet am 17.8.2023

Awesome! We manage to publish W-2 on time and Rapid Response is a lifesaver!

Awesome! We manage to publish W-2 on time and Rapid Response is a lifesaver!

The product is easy to use and flawless.

In payroll gateway page, I prefer if you set the finishing button(the last process to transmit payroll) in a different page.

Jessica
Jessica
  • Branche: Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr

Love Ultipro- Only issue is reporting

Bewertet am 18.2.2020

Ease of use, customer service, great company! I love everything about them! Staff really go above and beyond. Have great retention tools for ongoing customers. They continue to be open to customer feedback as well.

Reporting. BI functionality is great for advanced users or companies with a designated HRIS team but if you are a small business (under 500), it can be difficult to simply get what you want quickly. Wish they had easy reporting (like SuccessFactors or ADP) and then BI for advanced users.

ADP Workforce Now

Warum UKG Pro gewählt wurde

Needed to get off the PEO

Gründe für den Wechsel zu UKG Pro

Feedback, customer experience, and company values.
Lauren
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Lots of show, not much substance

Bewertet am 19.12.2019

Terrible, you're so frustrated with their system and the employees you talk to don't seem to care, but boy do they love their jobs. Honestly its the strangest thing.

It looks good at first glance- clean look for employees

Where do I start: implementation was terrible- their team messed up our data, and we are still dealing with the fall out-example they added taxes on our employees(a whole office) incorrectly, bonuses were doubled etc. Promises of feeds being created never occur- still not done and what has been done is incorrect. Reporting, is a nightmare- so much capability, but impossible to use unless you are a programmer or something (and we are a tech company and I have had programmers look at it and can't figure it out). You call Ultipro and that act like the most basic things you should have to pay extra for to have them do. This is actually my second company I've used Ultipro for (I know how did I do this again) so I am very familiar at this point with the system and it still is very hard to use or remember the pathways to get to things, because it is so convoluted for admins. They added a new time system that is terrible- doesn't show basic things like weekly time totals. Onboarding is a nightmare bc we like to keep track of contractors in the system and they act like they've never heard of such a thing (but like we have this system to get off of spreadsheets right?) Just all around terrible, and its frustrating bc it seems like it could be a great system, they've just spread themselves too thin and while all systems function basically, they don't function fluidly together and a lot of the time you can't report easily on what you've spent so much time getting into the system.

Emily

Great HR Software from a Forward Thinking Company

Bewertet am 19.8.2020

We have realized some streamlined payroll business practices, and within Onboarding as well. The overall experience with this software and company have been very good, with some room for improvement. But there is no business out there without room for improvement :).

The level of customization and the ability to create our own fields is highly valued. This is also an easy system to train new Admins on, and has a crisp and clean appearance.

There are some improvements needed within UltiPro, especially in Time Management. There are things that we would like improved, but the nice thing about Ultimate Software is you can submit an Idea for an improvement and vote on other ideas. Ultimate takes these Ideas seriously, and rolls out improvements quarterly.

UKG Ready, ADP Workforce Now und Paylocity

Warum UKG Pro gewählt wurde

Paycor lacked the ability to customize the system to fit our needs. Their payroll process was cumbersome and lengthy, and we had several tax issues with payroll as well. Reporting & Analytics were very slim. Paycor is a great system for smaller companies, but we had to move on once we were well over 100 employees.

Paycor
Isabelle
  • Branche: Einzelhandel

Recent Company Switch to UKG Pro

Bewertet am 25.8.2022

Overall UKG has cut down on some of the time it took our HR department to hire new employees on payroll, as the integration between onboarding, recruiting and PRO transfers that data. It is also an easier product for our end users to learn.

We recently switched over to UKG PRO from our legacy system and legacy ATS. UKG provides the functionality that we need all in one place and decreases the additional work we had to do. The integration between PRO and recruiting allows candidates to easily enter the database. The onboarding feature is very clear and improves the candidate onboarding experience. Everything from the branding to the setup is very customizable and allows you to set up the product exactly how you want it.

In switching to their product, you are also provided with lots of additional support from your setup team, which is great.

There is some functionality missing from the recruiting module of UKG. At this moment, the texting feature is not available, which was a critical piece of our legacy ATS. There is also some other functionality, such as grouping questions together for a job posting that is not currently available. We have found we need to use external applications on top of UKG to be able to meet our recruiting and onboarding needs.

Melissa
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

Ultipro Review

Bewertet am 25.10.2019

We've had some issues with time and attendance but overall it is doing what we need it to do: employee self service, payroll, benefits admin

We were handheld during the implementation which was great. Compared to our previous system (zuman) there is much for functionality but there are still things UltiPro doesn't have that we need.

It doesn't have a fully functioning org chart that's printable (where you can see the entire organization, not just by each manager)

Paycor

Warum UKG Pro gewählt wurde

Zuman didn't have the capabilities we needed.
Jacob
  • Branche: Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness

Good, but not perfect

Bewertet am 8.9.2021

UKG is beneficial to our organization and if you are able to put in the time up front, you can make things work to your advantage. Once you understand the system, it is easy to use. However, it does take work up front.

The time management program, as well as the ability to manage employee information and benefits.

The reporting function could be improved. At the very least, more training sources could be beneficial for the BI functionality.

Michael
  • Branche: Bankwesen

Ultipro is great!

Bewertet am 7.1.2020

Overall the product works great, and my company states it is an affordable alternative.

We have been using Ultipro for about 4 years, and it works great. We manage our time sheets, as well as employee performances in the program.

My biggest con as a user is having a difficult time telling when I punched out, or if I had just punched out minutes ago. This causes a lot of dependencies.

Katie
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

UKG- Poor Customer Service

Bewertet am 23.3.2022

RUN AWAY. FAST! Do not spend your money on this system. There are many other out there that provide great personalized service and training.

The only nice thing about this software is that it has a mobile app- which most payroll systems do. Also, every once in a while, you will call in to the Customer Care portal and get someone that knows how to help. Those instances are few and far between, but they happen!

Where do I start?
1) Communication: AWFUL. No personal contact with a UKG rep. There is not one person we can call when we have issues. We are always directed to the main call center and sometimes are given a case number and wait DAYS before someone calls back to assist with an issue. They only give you attention during implementation and then POOF- You are on your own.
2) System changes/updates: Since the merge with Kronos, Ulitmate (now UKG), has made system changes that make simple tasks for the administrator impossible. Their menus make no sense; finding information takes forever and is not user friendly.
3) Reporting: Their BI system is so bulky and hard to use. If you want training, they direct you to pre-made videos (cannot ask questions) or you have to pay thousands for a personal training. I had to run a simple report the other day and it took an hour to build. The people that designed this system clearly don't use it.
4) OVERALL- This software gets the job done but it takes double the time with little to no customer service, horrible reporting and zero training that lead to daily headaches.

Nicole
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

UKG falls short of expectations

Bewertet am 9.2.2021

If you are a small company (200 or less) and do not need to make corrections for employees who should not have had pretax benefits, FICA taxes withheld, anything else that requires a void and reissue of a check, and or an amendment, you will love this system. Unfortunately, UKG needs serious help with the tax filing team and a complete makeover with adjustments. While they have improved pieces of this over the years, they need the ability to process quarter-to-dat adjustments rather than one check at a time! Also, they do not have a YTD payroll register with employee and employer taxes. (employee only, however you can have their product team create this for 5K.)

I like the ease of process payroll, retros, off-cycles and manual checks.

If you are a tax filing customer, UKG must set up taxes and they do not always do it correctly, the tax filing team is extremely far behind when it comes to processing simple amended returns (1 yr 1/2+), they still require each check to be voided and reposted, which is archaic and causes banking issues and most their Rapid Response Team are not knowledgeable and obviously not trained well. I have always had high hopes that things would improve with UKG, but they are not keeping up with the technology needed to improve their processes. They need to offer the ability to adjustment wages/deductions for employees by quarter.

Heather
  • Branche: Maschinerie

It's ok...

Bewertet am 15.2.2021

I will say that they customer service is good. Most of the time their rapid response agents are very knowledgeable and helpful, but if you have a big or complicated business need, you have to open a case and wait a week or two for assistance. Also, when it comes to major setup changes, to get assistance, they will charge you thousands. We were considering splitting our sister companies into two separate system setups but they want to charge us at least $6k to do it. It isn't the worst database software out there by any means, but I wouldn't highly recommend it either.

There is a field for just about anything you could think of in regard to managing your employees, and I appreciate that most everything is customizable to your business.

The reporting side is ridiculous! It is so complicated and convoluted and not user-friendly in the slightest. It takes months and months of training and practice and making mistake after mistake to figure out the basics of how to build reports. Just finding the correct fields you need for the reports is difficult and then figuring out how to merge or link them is even more difficult.The customer portal is supposed to help but its mostly other users posting what they had trouble with and what solution they came up with. I will say that they are releasing a new version of the reporting side which is supposed to be much more user-friendly and our release was supposed to come a few days ago but got pushed back again. I guess they found other issues.

Erin
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Reliable but missing some of the basics

Bewertet am 19.8.2020

The up-time is great. Wish we had more active notification when things are down. Notifications go out a few hours after they start and usually after I've called in and been told it's a known issue.

Some ease of use items don't exist or we've been waiting a few years since they were suggested in the share ideas portal. As a couple of examples:
-A basic copy of open enrollment or life event set up was suggested at least 3 years ago. It was added to benefits prime, but not regular benefits. That's a basic feature that all of your competitors offer.
-The ability to change an email address for a new employee in onboarding has been request for multiple years as well. It still hasn't been delivered.

• Branche: Staatsverwaltung
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

So much capability, so hard to navigate!

Bewertet am 18.1.2019

Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.

Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

The presentation of the material, menus, hotlinks, etc. is unwieldy and jumbled. It is hard to sort through all of the pages past initial launch ones. Drop down menus, if you move your mouse off of them, disappear; in 2019 that doesn't make sense. The ease of use is definitely missing. As mentioned, too, I've seen it in two scenarios, one with a company of 2000+ and one with around 200 employees. All of the features are not used and yet you can still open up menus and pages that do not have relevant information; if thats the system, it needs to be fixed, if its the user/moderator of the business, they need to be encouraged to get rid of it from the systems administrator from Ultipro. Just not an easy and clean tool to use.

The Time Clock tool as an employee is very difficult to use, too; multiple pages/clicks to get to basic information is overkill. Even then, it has a very mid-range power user feel to it... if you don't know what you're doing you may break it!

• Branche: Computer-Software
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Ultipro provides consistent, easy to use HR services

Bewertet am 23.10.2018

I've been on both the end user and HR setup sides of UltiPro, so I have multiple opinions on it. For the most part, I can see how HR and management likes it. UltiPro cuts down on a lot of manual lookup and integrates many tools and features into one package. And if you're an employee who really only uses it for time&attendance, then it's not really a big change. For the most part, I like using UltiPro and it's a solid HR MS that helps me manage my team in a more concise manner.

It's nice to be able to view an employee's information via a report. I recognize that you won't be able to gather all the info but having a consolidated PDF generated makes some of my duties a bit easier to begin with.

I also really like the modules that accompanies UltiPro. We've used the main modules such as Payroll and Attendance, but it's nice to have things like Recruitment and Workforce Analytics as well.

As an aside, I think that UltiPro has pretty strong online customer support. I've almost always found a resolution within a business day or so.

It can seem a bit... redundant at time. I feel like some features that I have to go through should have already been expressed to another person, and I shouldn't have to input them again. For example, the time-sheet feature feels like it can be incorporated to add minute schedule changes and unexpected TO off a bit better. Also, some of my team says it's a bit tricky for them to find pay-stubs or that it might be delayed in showing up, but I've personally never had that happen.

Katherine
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Good platform, needs more improvement

Bewertet am 16.3.2023

Good, very productive platform

Good, very productive platform

I like that we do everything on one platform (ex: PTO, vacations, posting job offers, schedulling, time sheet approvals)

The punch in and out system, for a big platform like this is should have a direct punching in like agendrix instead of goinh through different channels to be able to punch in for work. Should be an easier way. Schedulling shouldn't be as "plain" as it is on the platform at the moment.

Annette

We have been using Ultipro software for our HRIS System serving 1,000 employees

Bewertet am 14.11.2017

Access to all employees HR files

Access to all employees HR files

I like the various functions that Ultipro is capable of. From payroll, Time clock and time off control, keeping a database of employees positions, salaries, name, address, email address, PTO and Personal Day bank and actual time clock. There is an applicant tracking system but we don't use it at this point.

There is a lack of support from the Ultimate software team. Any requests for service take an inordinate length of time. (months). The service is then not done correctly. We had file feeds giving our 3rd party providers wrong dates of employment, number of hours worked incorrectly. So we had to manually update this provider with the correct information. This delayed our employees getting approved for Family Medical Leave Act and Short Term Disability. When contactly Ultimate, they were not accommodating in getting the file feeds corrected, even though it was their fault. The initial launch of Ultipro was rough as well. Wrong data and mistakes in the files with Ultimate Software Team unaccommodating.

Yeni
Yeni
  • Branche: Computer-Software

I love the UltiPro experience.

Bewertet am 7.7.2018

The UltiPro user interface is intuitive,easily customizable ,easy to navigate and i have been impressed with how UltiPro has continuously improved over the years ,with new features being added regularly. UltiPro has been superb for my team as a tool for time keeping.
Cognos analytic is a stand out tool on UltiPro , and simplifies the process of reporting on our payroll. I like the standardized report ,and the freedom to edit the names and modify them to fit our business need is priceless.

Ultipro's workflows are very limited . I will like the user interface remodeled in a way that we are able to view the "compensation-history" from one page , for every staff in the organization.

Antwort von UKG

Hi Yeni, thank you so much for the kind words. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our business analytics features. Have a great day!