Square Point of Sale Erfahrungen

Square Point of Sale

iPad- und Android-Kassensystem (POS).

(2 874)

Sortieren nach

Mohammad
Mohammad
  • Branche: Computer-Software

Square Point of Sale ohne Funktion

Bewertet am 26.4.2023

Ich hoffe, dass Square Point of Sale Ihr Prdukt verbessern (Entwicklung und Zahlungsprozesse) und danach wieder an alles freischalten.

Enthält richtig viele und gute Funktionen und Futures aber sie funktionieren nicht 100%. Diese Funktionen müssen komplett neu entwickelt und sicher werden, dass diese Funktionen richtig funktionieren bevor sie diese Produkte an der Kunde abgeben

Ich habe mehere mal versucht etwas online zu bezahlen, aber die Prozess hat immer fehlgeschlagen. Funktionen und Tools hängen immer ab.

Sheri
Sheri
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to set up, reliable, and with the features I need in my business!

Bewertet am 28.7.2022

I set up Square after researching other options when I launched my business 4 years ago, and have been pleased with the choice ever since. I have considered other options since then but keep sticking with Square since they truly have what I need, and the time cost of switching has never been worth it to me.

The most important aspect of Square Point of Sale is the ability to set up monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring invoices. Its shocking other solutions don't offer this, or only offer it at VERY high levels of monthly investment. This is a user-friendly solution for my business and is easy to understand, set up, and get rolling right "out of the box."

The address book makes it a bit tough to set up the clients as a business, it's a bit more geared to selling to consumers. But I've been able to create a workaround to make it work for me (business name in one of the name fields). I also really would like to integrate Square better with QuickBooks but I think QB is the problem - QB is notoriously difficult to work with (VERY difficult!).

Zoho CRM, Stripe Billing und QuickBooks Online

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Primarily I chose Square because of its easy interface, quick time to launch, address book set up, but mainly because of recurring invoice functionality.
Jonathan
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to train and use for high volume

Bewertet am 9.2.2024

We have used square in a high volume music venue for shows and events. We have also used square and the square team for high volume music festivals. We can implement this for the box office as well as the bar sales, while pulling live reports to see how inventory is moving and track sales trends throughout the event.

I like how intuitive it is for any new user. Having multiple screens easily navigable is helpful in high volume bar sales.

Setting up new items and inputting them into a proper category can be lengthy to keep them organized and not having too many "type" of items. If you do not do this process 100% in the first step then your inventory will get out of control very fast.

Brad
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

Dont expect great support

Bewertet am 21.11.2023

I've been up and down every channel I can to resolve an issue centered around a dispute a customer filed.

For starters, this customer should have been refunded but my team never hit the refund button. Once I saw the dispute, I immediately ACCEPTED it.

This was on October 10th. Fast forward to Nov 20th and the customer has not seen any money refunded.

After 5 different calls with support and having the issue escalated, two different calls with our representative - I was told the same response "Square has been informed that the disputed payment should be credited back to the cardholder’s account. Please refer your customer to their bank for more information on when to expect the credit."

Each time the customer called his bank and was told "there is no communication from Square nor are there any pending deposits or transactions"

Each time, I called back and asked for a transaction number, or some information that proves the transfer of funds from Square to customer's bank has been made - each time same response.

After asking to speak higher up each time - "there is nothing I can do beyond this" is the response. Zero opportunity to escalate.

I was patient and clear with each call, asking kindly but stating the importance of my issue and how it impacts my business, except on the 6th call - I got heated and begged for help.

Now this is no small transaction, it's $4,238 of our customers money. This customer has been patient but has threatened my business, not Square, but my business and has demanded I refund his money - the same money Square already deducted from our account.

I've asked for escalation multiple times, asking for simple transaction data to help my case and save my business from this headache - 1-2 day wait, same response.

I've called out the [sensitive content hidden] and the Company on LinkedIn asking, pleading for help. Nothing.

All i've heard is "I'm sorry this is a challenging situation for you, but I can't help you any further" - then get hung up on.

I've been a Square customer for 7 years, processing over $1M in transactions on this platform and still - no luck in getting information.

Now I'll have to shell out another $4,238 on top of the $4,238 Square already deducted from my account to settle this customer and save my business headache.

If you don't care about getting thoughtful support, or data you need when you're in a bind - Square may be good for you, but if you need want support - I do not recommend.

I've tried up and down every channel I can get and was shut down each time. No luck.

I'm switching to something else for sure. Sad to see this happen.

Nice POS System for our customer interface

Customer Support is not great, cannot get you info when you need it. Slow to respond.

Kindra

Square - Regular User

Bewertet am 9.1.2024

Ease of use. The terminal is user friendly. It may take a day or two to get used to but worth it. I like that it also has an app that you can access from your phone.

Cost. Too expensive for fees. Also too expensive for invoices.

Rick
  • Branche: Konsumgüter

Good Card Processing

Bewertet am 20.12.2023

Good overall, easy set up easy to use and connect to their free online store system, great uptime and daily payouts.

Very easy to set up and use, decent rates and quick payouts.

Not very good card user transaction data for disputes, such as ip address.

Alexander
  • Branche: Anwaltskanzlei
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Square Point of Sale is a Good Option for those who don’t want to pay monthly service fees.

Bewertet am 6.2.2024

Overall, it is good option for those businesses and people who do not want to pay set monthly fees for credit card processing services.

No set monthly service fees. Only percentage fees from any processed transaction.
Generally, the credit card payments are available the next business day.

Very difficult to contact customer service and also lack of support and protection when it comes to credit card charges dispute and chargebacks.

Jessica
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Easy to use from mobile use

Bewertet am 8.3.2024

Easy to use, processing fees fair, and quick payment received

Easy to use, processing fees fair, and quick payment received

Easy to use from mobile phone when a customer wishes to pay with a credit card

When travelling, the app will not work sometimes if I am about of the registered location. Sometimes I am processing client payments while abroad, and I will get issues in this regard

Shelley

Square Point of Sale Retail Use

Bewertet am 27.2.2024

Easy to set up and use any where. Very user friendly.

Little pricey. The cost per transaction is expensive especially if you manually enter it in.

Arslan
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Wöchentlich für 1-5 Monate genutzt

Square point of sale is the best in market

Bewertet am 25.2.2024

It was really a great experience to setup square point of sale with my business. I love their features and their customer support

It is very easy to setup. Their customer service is very friendy. And i love that their features are so easy and simple to use

There is nothing to dislike about square point of sale

Jessica
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Square makes getting money easy

Bewertet am 1.3.2024

Easy to get your invoices out and keep track of payments. In business this is crucial and square makes it aimple

Sometimes the fees are higher than expected.

Navine

Love Love Square

Bewertet am 11.12.2019

Overall, I prefer square any day over stripe and PayPal payments.

Overall, I prefer square any day over stripe and PayPal payments.

Love live square. Love that it can be used for both in store and online payments. It sync with my quickbooks which saves me a whole lot of time. It gives detail daily reports which includes best seller of the day, number of sales, number of products sold and what type of product sold, taxes paid, types of payment the customers used, plus it syncs with my online store inventory. Square gives you all the detail info you never realized you need till you need it all in one place. So easy to use and tailored for retailers. Love the Apple Pay feature too.

My big con with square integration is it doesn’t sync well with bigcommerce. By that I mean, my online sales gets imported as a custom order so there is no itemized list of what the customers bought. Also with bigcommerce, there is no way for me to take Apple Pay or other digital wallet payments. Square does have digital wallet payment options with their square space shopping cart. Fingers crossed they will fix this custom import stuff soon.

Mylinh
  • Branche: Alternative Medizin

Square POS app

Bewertet am 21.4.2020

This has been great with no problems! It allows me to bill anywhere and review my billing history. It gives me a breakdown of new clients and how many returning.

One thing I would like to see change is the 1099 form. It only gives me one if I sell more than $20K in products a year. I would like to be less and more flexible for small business owners!

This is portable and accessible from anywhere. I also like that I can send invoices, schedule a time for it to send and set up reminders to the client!

On the initial setup, my profession was not setup up properly so I was not able to accept HSA or FSA credit cards. It was because there was no option for me as an alternative healthcare provider. Customer service helped me and my issue was fixed!!

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

I actually still have both but the Square app is more user friendly on my smartphone such as invoicing. I use square more for my business.
Jake
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Every Business Needs Square Point of Sale!!!

Bewertet am 21.6.2022

Square has seriously helped our business grow into what it is today. And we're still scaling. We can create subscriptions on the go, accept payments online, at events and easily export reports when we need them (super helpful when tax season is here).

The simplicity and ability to process payments and subscriptions on virtually any device and from any location is super key. And Square allows us to do this.

We don't really have many cons to report other than it would nice to have some of the new "premium" features included being that we pay about 3% per transaction already but we understand that operations need to be funded (and profitable).

Venmo

Warum Square Point of Sale gewählt wurde

Square appeared to be easier (this was back when it was just the mobile reader).

Zuvor genutzte Software

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Square seemed to have a better roadmap and ecosystem of product development.
Caitlyn
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square Point of Sale is a LifeSaver!

Bewertet am 27.9.2022

My overall experience with Square POS has been a good one. For the last seven years that I have used this product, I have not had any serious issues. It is very efficient, organized, easy to use, and they made it very easy for me to reach customers I otherwise would not have been able to help. So if I had to start all over again, I would once again choose Square.

I like its ease of use, the fact they make their features very "what you see is what you get" so I don't have to spend much time training others on how to use it if I have need to. I like the fact that everything is very clear and organised for optimum efficiency. I can get to anything I need in a matter of seconds without having to jump through hoops just to find the features I need at any given time. If you are someone who is just getting started with a small business, I would definitely recommend using Square POS, because it took me from barely doing barely any business to having a growing community of customers practically overnight. All thanks to how convenient and easy the software is for customers and business owners.

Thus far, in the last seven years I have used this product, there really hasn't been anything I have found that I REALLY dislike about it. It's a very simple uncomplicated software and that is what is so great about it. So nothing negative to say.

Shopify POS

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

I chose Square because of its affordability and easy plug and play "what you see is what you get" format. It was great for me when I was just starting out as a business owner and it's been just as good, if not even better, as my business has grown. So I would definitely recommend this software to anyone, whether they are just starting out or if they are looking to switch to a new POS software.
Michael
  • Branche: Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple and powerful mobile Point-Of-Sale app

Bewertet am 28.11.2022

A powerful business financial management tool, right in your pocket. It offers an owner/operator to enter invoices from a home computer, or from a mobile device in the field.Super easy to use, and packed with features that provide the insights an owner needs.

Being able to quickly add a client on the fly, either manually or "from address book", taking a credit card payment, and storing the card in the client file is so simple, quick, and easy.Then, any additional charges to the same client can for a very small "additional percentage" amount be charged to the card now on file, saving the client the hassle of having to pull out the card every time.

Would like to be able to add "standard service fees", such as a "processing fee", "fuel surcharge", and others, in the same way one can add various taxes. Right now, I am doing it in the "taxes" section, which is not ideal, but it can be done with that workaround.

Jacob
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Square POS offers new and flexible use

Bewertet am 28.4.2020

Overall, I would 100% recommend Square for new businesses. Start up costs can be next to nothing and it doesn’t require someone to install it. And NO CONTRACTS :)

You can then add on their additional features which should be able to sustain your businesses growth for as long as you need it too.

In terms of switching to square, make sure your existing equipment can be reused .

Square is offering a software that is versatile and also nearly free for a new business that doesn’t have money to spend on start up costs or an existing business that has been ripped off from an expensive POS company. You can literally just use your iPhone with a card swipe. Or for the brick and mortars use their new and sleek looking square register.

In terms of interface, Squares basic dashboard is free to the public and can be set up as fast as signing up for a email account. You can learn it’s navigation in a matter of minutes and you are able to subscribe for the extras you need like loyalty, gift cards or marketing. Very simple, very user friendly, and the support is actually helpful.

Switching from a POS company that requires a lot of upfront infrastructure and training, I don’t have a lot of bad things to say about squares POS and software other than the existing equipment they told us we could use hasn’t necessarily been easy to re use. Also you are not able to get as granular in customizing some features as other softwares

Christy

Square Point of Sale for Gift Card Sales

Bewertet am 14.4.2020

Over all, having the ability to sell E-gift cards from my existing website without a monthly fee was a huge game changer for my salon company! We went from selling $200-$300 per year in online gift card sales to well over $2000 the first holiday season my company offered E-gift cards. I believe the increase was due to the great look of the gift card choices, the Square name that everyone knows and how easily I could added the service to my company website.

I love how easy and fast it was to set up and link into my website. Square gave me the exact dimensions my photo(s) needed to be for the custom branded E-cards for the Square point of sale. In addition, my main reason for choosing Square Point of Sale for my online gift card sales was that there is no monthly fee to offer the E-cards, my company only pay for processing sales.

Square Point of Sale continues to improve the software for the E- gift cards, however I wish the system would notify me, the owner, when a customer has purchased a gift card. Customers would bring in their digital gift cards for services and since Square Point of Sale did not integrated into our booking software & our company did not realize the card had been purchased staff would have to search to find the purchased card. I wish the gift card sales and the reporting of the gift card sales was more streamlined.

Michael

Love Square POs

Bewertet am 21.8.2019

The POS system is simple and easy to use hands down. The use of our POS integrated with online, loyalty program, marketing, and payroll is a one stop shop integrated and makes life simple and streamlined!

We paid the original higher cost for the register when it first came out. The price just dropped $200 this week. Our rate remains lower so it will pay for the difference over time since grandfathered in....not much we don’t Ice about this wonderful easy, all in one system!

Worldpay

Warum Square Point of Sale gewählt wurde

Processing cost, ease of use and integration with payroll, invoices, Loyalty, marketing, etc.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Had everything we needed and the cost was great.
Kristine
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Square pos worth every bit of “high processing fees”

Bewertet am 17.4.2023

We couldn’t run our business with out it. It has been a very straight forward process. Clear expectation, clear help when needed, company is always accepting new feature requests. Love it.

Square pos integrates with SO many other apps/programs. Streamlining and ease of use is what makes it stand out so much from every other processing program. A lot of people complain about the high processing fees, but it is worth its weight in gold when running a business. Our square account connects with our scheduling, waivers, inventory, marketing, social media, accounting software, and so much more. It is literally the center of our applications/programs. We could not run our business without it.

I can’t complain about much. I do wish there was a customer service phone number. BUT they are on top of it when you message them and they know their stuff. There’s a few other minor changes with filters and integrating the items between square and square online store that I wish were better. But they’re working on it.

Clover

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Square Point of Sale

Better integrations with other programs/apps
Ronnie
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Broadens Our Donation Horizons

Bewertet am 5.6.2023

Fundraising has changed drastically in the last decade. Not having the ability to accept mobile payments and donations was once an obstacle that made it more difficult for organizations such as ours to raise funds. Now, it has become an essential part of business. Square gives small organizations like ours the ability to utilize mobile payments at an affordable price with an easy-to-learn system.

We use Square at our office and when we make presentations offsite. At our office, Square replaced another point of sale device. I personally like Square more than our older device, but it's not life-changing. The biggest draw for us was Square's mobile payment system. We had consistently lost potential donations at offsite events because we had to take either cash or check, or have them call our office at a later date to run a card over the phone. We had multiple people have changes of heart between committing to a donation and talking to us on the phone. Square prevents that from happening by giving us a professional POS device that can be operated by multiple employees at offsite events. It fills in the gap of not having a POS device at an event and is more professional than asking a donor to "just Venmo it."

Using the Square device at our office is on par with other similar devices. There are no major shortcomings, there just isn't anything that stands out. However, the benefits of using it offsite were what drew us to Square in the first place. Since we are fully committed to Square offsite, it only made sense to utilize it onsite as well so our staff doesn't have to learn multiple software.

Billie

Amazing Customer Service

Bewertet am 20.9.2023

Overall I like Square. We integrated with Thrive by Shopventory earlier this year so I can use woocommerce for our website, which makes me even happier!

I feel like the past year, I 've contact more companies for help than any other time in my life. We've been using Square since 2016. I like them, it's user friendly and fairly intuitive, not sure I would have raved about them before though. This year I've had three instances that I reach out to Square customer service, every one of them was a fairly good experience, but the last one was really great! I had a customer return something she bought as a gift for her sister, over the next few months she called several times complaining that we never refunded her money. The last time, I wasn't there and she came in during an event, when we were busy, claiming we stole money from her. When I found out, I reach out to square, provided them with all of the transaction information, the gentleman I spoke with initially just wanted to tell me that the money was sent to her. When I explained that she claimed her bank had no record of the refund coming back to her, he looked into it further and gave me a transaction code for her to give her bank. When we called to give it to her, she got annoyed because it was such a long code, but her bank must have cleared it up because she brought someone else into the shop a week later, acting like nothing ever happened. It's reassuring to know they have those details on hand to help in a situation like that.

Some of the features cost extra, which can be a bummer. The Square-Woocommerce plugin for wordpress is horrible, I want more control than their

Austin

Square POS

Bewertet am 31.8.2023

Square helped us with sales when we're at events and with our regular business operation. The rates are affordable so we're still making nearly the same profit and we've been able to sell more tickets and merchandise.

Square is a convenient way to complete sales transactions no matter where you are or what kind of business you're running. They have an app that's great. Use it in your storefront, pop-up booth, festivals, events, wherever. All of the pricing information and fees are listed up front and it's a pretty good rate. Transactions are secure for buyer and seller. Customer service portal has several ways to get support so you can use whatever method is best for you and your situation. Square can run in offline mode if you need it.

Inventory management wasn't great but since we don't have a lot of merchandise it wasn't a deal breaker. Square should come up with something better for Inventory. Easier to manage, less time involved.Account freezes do happen with Square once in a while.

Aurora
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great as a user and business owner

Bewertet am 26.9.2019

Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for an easy to use and up to date transaction platform.

My first experience with Square Point of Sale was a couple years back as a Receptionist in a Fitness Facility. On a daily basis, we used Square Point of Sale whether it was to buy merchandise, memberships, snacks or sign up for special workshops. What I particularly loved most about Square Point of Sale was its easiness to use and software platform. We could receive payments from the company cellphone, iPad or computer depending what was available at the time. The platform was consistent on all three devices and just as easy to use on all of them as well.
In later years, as I opened my own Health and Wellness business, I went straight to Square Point of Sale as my main way of receiving payments. It has been an excellent tool and is always up to date. What I also like the most is how quick it is and easy to receive payments and it accepts most credit cards.

Square Point of Sale is excellent for receiving payments and I don't have any negative experience with the platform. The only thing I wish would be that the analytics and reports that I receive for all payments and invoices would be easier to read. I have a bit of trouble understanding them. Other than that, overall great platform.

PayPal Commerce Platform
  • Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Awesome program for managing payments

Bewertet am 26.3.2023

Square Point of Sale is an amazing payment management software. I have recommended this software to my friends and colleagues who run a business. It is a pleasure to use and saves time.

Square Point of Sale is very user friendly! I am a first time small business owner and I chose to use Square Point of Sale to process my payments and I am very happy with my choice. Not knowing much about how online payments are processed, the setting up and usage of Square Point of Sale was overall intuitive and a well guided process. The fee associated with using this software is very reasonable and is minimal compared to other softwares. Another feature on top of the software that I really enjoyed was the inclusion of sales reports, feedback from customers and other bonus features such as management on different things. Whenever I need to add the information of a customer, I find it is very easy and time saving process. When I have returning customers, Square Point of Sale remembers their information and I don't need to ask for the card number again.

The one thing I hope Square Point of Sale can improve on is preventing any glitches. I've encountered 2 glitches which were not damaging in anyway but it would be nice if the app was glitch free. Other than this, I don't have anything negative to say.