Cloudflare Bewertungen

Cloudflare

Performance & Security for Any Website

4.8/5 (154 Bewertungen)
Mit Google übersetzen

Nearly every single site we set up gets run through CloudFlare because of it's security and control.

Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's great knowing CloudFlare is protecting our site from DDOS attacks. Their caching features make pages load incredibly fast, and their javascript CDN makes our sites load even faster still. The instantly updated DNS settings eliminates any downtime, meaning our users never even notice the switch.

Once the nameservers are set up at the registrar to point to CloudFlare, DNS changes within CloudFlare are instantaneous. This is a huge deal when moving from one server to another. Having built-in SSL is another great way to provide peace of mind to our visitors.

By essentially acting as a reverse proxy, it keeps our servers' IP addresses hidden from would-be attackers. Their bot and DDOS detection is legendary and their basic analytics are surprisingly helpful.

A CloudFlare hosted CDN, cdnjs.com, has countless globally hosted scripts that make site building not only easier, but it also ensures the end results performs incredibly well. It's been years since I've set up a site that didn't have some CloudFlare feature built in.

I haven't had any luck with some of their automatic HTML/JS optimization features that involve rewriting the code. I can see how they would speed up page load, but I've often found they've broken my site. I don't really need that feature, so I'm not missing out, but if you're going to give it a try, make sure you test thoroughly, as you should be with any change made to a public server ;)

David R.
Mit Google übersetzen

Highly recommended firewall / CDN for all web sites, plus there is a great Free tier as well!

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall experience with Cloudflare was really positive and given it does have a free tier and offers quite a few diverse features around security & performance, I recommend this software to all customers.

Cloudflare does a lot of different things for a web site, two of the biggest benefits is security and performance (often two things that don't always go together). Security - Cloudflare can be used to hide your actually site IP address which helps deter attackers, as well as the packet inspection that Cloudflare does and discards some attacks on your site. You can also reach for an 'Attack Mode' button which adds a Javascript verification prior to loading your site which will deter all bot attacks on your site.
In terms of performance, Cloudflare is a large CDN provider with PoP's (Point of Presence) across the globe, so having content cached around the world seriously helps with site speed.
Plus, Cloudflare has a really great free tier plan as well!

There is quite a lot of options in the interface, so can take a bit to get around and get familiar with. Also forcing SSL can easily get your website into a redirect loop, but with patience and a bit of Googling you'll get to the right settings.

Andrew F.
Mit Google übersetzen

Cloudflare is a “must have”

Bewertet am 27.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I’ve been using website caching providers for about 7 years now, and switched to Cloudflare about 4 years ago. I have not once looked back. For the money, CloudFlare is by far the best caching solution on the market. I use it on two websites, each with different needs, and am able to achieve very affordably what would have been a pretty expensive configuration a decade ago. The automation in CloudFlare makes it simple for anybody to use them. I have a technical background, but many of my clients don’t, and I’m able to walk them through getting set up and running with CloudFlare with very short order. I see myself being a CloudFlare customer for years to come.

The Cloudflare interface is intuitive and the software is extremely simple to use. The “set it and forget it” functionality is amazing, as it serves very much as an autonomous coaching solution once properly configured. Sure, you’ll need to tweak it from time to time as your website needs change, but that process is inviting and easy, even for people with less technical background. I also love the value that you get in even the lower-tiered price points. The DNS management is a huge bonus as well.

It’s hard to say something bad about Cloudflare, but if I had to play devil’s advocate, I’d say that there are maybe a few features in the higher tier packages that I’d like to see in the entry level plan. Most users won’t feel this way though, as my particular needs are a little more specific than most.

Alex T.

All in One Solution for Website Speed and Security

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The best feature about this software, in my opinion, is their trade marked Javascript delivery optimization mode: Rocket Loader. This feature enables asynchronous loading of all third party scripts loaded on your web page, drastically increase page load times. Our team enables this feature on each of our client's websites and always results in at least a 10% difference in page speed scores.

Another feature that our company could certainly not live without is their dead simple firewall rule integration. A large majority of our clients only accept work locally or nationally, so any traffic coming from international sources is more than likely visiting with malicious intent. The country blocking feature in the firewall integration allows us to block this likely malicious traffic and decrease the odds of any security breaches into our client's sites.

The only annoyance I had while using this software was the 30 second delay when clearing the server cache. This is a very small issue since 30 seconds is certainly not a long time, but my patience is not great when attempting to debug or optimize page speeds. This problem can be solved by turning development mode on, but when this feature is on all optimization features are disabled, so optimizing page speeds is not possible.

Geoffrey C.

Great for Admins!

Bewertet am 26.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It is a huge time saver when you have to manage lots of one-off sub domains. For trivial sites it reduces system administration work. The caching service is also useful.

I like that I can use the reverse proxy to apply an ssl certificate. This saves me immense amounts of time. Before Cloudflare, I would be presented with a random cloud server with something hacked together by a developer on it, and told "We need this live before tomorrow." I would then go about trying to get credentials so I could install the certificate. Now, I can just point a domain at an ip and assign a subdomain and ssl cert without ever having to log into a server.

The Ip addresses it uses for the reverse proxy all have to be whitelisted. Since I don't have a private Ip address that is just mine, I cannot use the reverse proxy for certain production servers. If the traffic comes through cloudflare's porxy service, you lose the source unless you change your application to consume a header they attach.

Ryan E.

A Free Plan Offering Premium Features

Bewertet am 9.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The main reason we first started using CloudFlare within our business was to upgrade all of our sites to SSL effortlessly, in preparation for the new Google HTTPS stricter rules. CloudFlare served this function perfectly, saving us money on advanced SSL certificates as well as time on installing these certificates manually. Since then, we have explored the other features of CloudFlare and impressed has been an understatement. As stated earlier, the benefits of CloudFlare are simply astonishing for a free product.

The free plan on CloudFlare is simply unbelievable value. For the low cost of nothing, you gain a world class CDN system which offers enterprise level security that rivals many premium, high cost solutions. The variety of features is astonishing too, with free SSL certificates, caching services and advanced analytics included also with the free plan.

It's hard to fault CloudFlare, but if I were to criticise something it would be that many of the caching features cause severe breakage to a site. For example, whenever I enable the Rocket Loader my WordPress sites are always broken in some form. However, beggars can't be choosers and these issues can simply be averted by not enabling this feature.

Rick B.
Mit Google übersetzen

Cloudflare took my site from Google Page Speed Score from 56/100 to 88/100 within a day!

Bewertet am 31.5.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My website's increase in speed was phenomenal. With the absolute minimal changes to my website configuration (I just added an optional plugin), and changes to my DNS settings, I was able to take my Google Page Speed Score from a 56 to an 88 within 24 hours. This is very good for SEO and page ranking, which was really amazing.

Cloudflare works seamlessly in the background, without having to do very much configuration. After the initial DNS setup, plugin setup on WordPress, and Configuration Wizard on Cloudflare, the process runs itself. I was amazed that a CDN could speed my website up as much as it did. I am now able to handle much larger volumes of traffic thanks to this.

The protection from DDOS attacks is a definite added bonus, not that I have seen this used on my sites yet.

The initial setup and propagation of DNS settings across the web makes for a few a small bit of downtime during the first day, but this is most likely a function of how the internet works, and not the actual software

Kelsey J.

Cloudflare Solved our Small Business Client DNS Issues

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 12.9.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We were basically dealing with a nightmare of managing DNS for hundreds of website clients. We ran into a couple of situations where we were having to call up like a hundred people, ask them to find the GoDaddy account they set up however many years ago, and walk them through setting up DNS. These are small business owners and feel frustrated by Facebook, so you can imagine what a DNS dashboard looks like to them. Anyway, through the magic of Cloudflare we are able to now manage all of these accounts on one dashboard and offer SSL certification to our clients. Win win.

First of all, free SSL Certs can't be beat. We set up simple business websites for our clients, and making them secure easily and cheaply is great for their online marketing and our street cred.

But the best part of using Cloudflare is that we don't have to spend hours poking around in various DNS management platforms and asking non-tech-savvy clients for GoDaddy passwords (shhhh). We just give them NS values and take on all their current settings (including email yay). Don't forget to add their site to Cloudflare before they switch the name servers over though. And if you're ever confused, ALWAYS ASK A REAL DEVELOPER!

Their email notifications can be a bit overkill. Also, there's a small learning curve on using the dashboard and if you do it wrong, big problems can arise.

FYI, I'm not a full on developer, but I do manage DNS for our small website product hosted on Heroku.

Mit Google übersetzen

A no-brainer for any business or website

Bewertet am 17.10.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall experience has been very impressive. A must-have for additional website security and better performance.

We have been using Cloudflare services for several years now. It provides extra security for our website and speeds up page loading times. Its a no-brainer for any website, especially for businesses. Heavy loading times can effect customer conversion rates, so any help to minimize loading times enhances customer experience and potential sales. I also like how we could monitor where the blocked threats were originating as well as where legit traffic is coming from. We also love Cloudflare's free SSL as it allowed us to cancel the SSL from our current hosting provider. In addition, Cloudflare has released a public DNS which is even faster than googles!

Really cannot think of any cons. Thoroughly impressed!

O. kelvin K.

Top Service For SSL

Bewertet am 20.5.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Makes installing SSL certificate for my websites easy.

These days websites with no SSL certificate installed scare users.

Google Chrome displays the scary message "website not secure" to users immediately they land on your website, this is a big red flag.

As a website owner, you can't ignore SSL certificate for your website, and Cloudflare helps you with that.

At a time, I was struggling with installing an SSL certificate for my blog, almost paid huge amount to someone who promised to save my blog, I had to pause for a moment, went online for solution and cloudflare saved the day.

There are videos on YouTube that can show you how to use it.

It's just a matter of changing your name servers to the that of Cloudflare.

None, but it was hard at first, but now I even use it for my clients.

Mit Google übersetzen

Cloudflare is for professionals.

Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I use Cloudflare on all my websites and my customer sites and I feel that they do the best job at making it easy to edit DNS records, and alone is worth a lot. It also keeps me from needing to learn to edit the DNS records in the various (and weird) interfaces of domain registrars. Overall, I have been with Cloudflare since launch and I trust them with my all of my sites (and my client's sites) access to the internet, and that means a lot.

I like being able to set up a customer's DNS records in a matter of minutes with Cloudflare. Ease-of-use is important to me. The good feeling that Cloudflare is blocking mal-intended traffic globally is, of course important too.

I use the Cloudflare WordPress plugin and I find it confusing. It is easier for me to just login and turn on "developer mode" or flush the cache on the web app than it is to dig in and find and use the setting inside plugin on my websites.

Dominik L.
Mit Google übersetzen

Free CDN that you should be using!

Bewertet am 22.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

If you have high bandwidth costs you can cut them at least by half because if you properly set Cloudflare to cache everything, your website will be served from their edge servers which are closest to the client and that leads to super speedy websites for the client which is what we all want when building websites. I need to mention also that their documentation is really good and all the problems I had I successfully fixed by myself and when you need support they are always available by ticket system or even by phone.

What I love about Cloudflare is that it is a very versatile piece of art which works incredibly with all my websites. I have a small blog and have been using Cloudflare for a few years. I help me speed up my site and block malicious bots trying to log in or any other attackers. It also has included a web firewall which is great. If you need per page customization of their settings you can always use page rules or even add apps to your website which extend functionality. It really has a lot to offer for a free price.

I don't like that their free plan is somehow limited but that is normal in the business world. If you have special needs you will certainly need to pay a few additional page rules or even pro package which is not so expensive but gives an extra few features like image optimization and several options to even speed up your website more. Sometimes it can actually slow down your website because of all additional code added but that is rarely a case and probably is a result of bad theme or bad programming practice.

Esra K.
Mit Google übersetzen

Easily protect your websites!

Bewertet am 9.3.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall it is the best CDN in the market.

Cloudflare has a lot of nice features. It detects the location of visitors and directs them to its nearest data center so it can serve from its cache to reduce latency.

You can easily block threats and abusive bots. You can detect and mitigate DDoS attacks to protect your websites.

Creating your account is super easy. Just register with your email address and password. Enter your domain and leave the rest to Cloudflare.

You should really understand how to use Cloudlfare because for example when it blocks your website against a threat your website will be inaccessible and visitors will see an unfriendly webpage instead of your nice looking pages. To prevent this you should act fast and fix the problem.

Adithya U.

Cost effective and the best CDN , DDOS mitigation provider

Bewertet am 29.11.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

* Best and the market leader for providing CDN.
* Servers CDN from many locations and is having the largest network of CDN servers.
* Can protect against massive DDOS attacks.
* Extremely easy to set up the basic CDN and DDOS protection.
* Provides easy to use DNS editor to configure the domain.
* We can set rules for routing and traffic management.
* Block bad actors based on AI and incoming traffic.
* Extremely cost effective and has the best free plan available.
* Can serve the websites from cached versions in case of end point server outage.

* DDOS Mode if activated can cause captcha protection to appear for many legitimate users as well for initial load. This might deter or make them leave the site

Freddy S.

Glad I Discovered This!

Bewertet am 5.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

After having used Cloudflare for over a year, I'm happy to know that they are continuing to grow. I feel that their role as a CDN has improved both the speed with which my website loads to viewers as well as security they provide for the backend of my site. Within the past year, I was witness to live DDoS attacks on my site thru 3rd party security software. When this took place, I was able to change one setting ("Under Attack") on Cloudflare which effectively locked down my website to the attackers and yet still kept it free on the web for others to use. Once the attack was over, I just changed the setting back to normal and all was good. One more thing to add, because of the way in which a CDN delivers, it was very convenient to be able to "clear the cache" at Cloudflare after making changes to my site. More importantly, you have the option of clearing just the cache of the specific page you were working on.

Ease of use, features provided.

Nothing I can think of at the time of this writing.

Sarah B.
Mit Google übersetzen

Cloudflare is a good tool to manage networks and their security

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The Cloudflare platform allows us to identify the behavior of our visitors and bots, which other types of common analytical technologies are not capable of. Its WAF function gives us the protection of our DDos and SSL certificates, thus also protecting website owners and visitors from any online threat. There is not much to say that we have not said before. Cloudflare seemed to us from the beginning a great investment, full of labor advantages. The ease with which we can integrate the cloudflare platform to other services through the use of API tools has turned out to be very convenient. Totally recommended.

Cloudfare provides a fairly customizable open API, and its encryption system is safe for sites whose purpose is to protect intellectual property. Cloudflare has a convenient system for creating web traffic reports, and allows prioritizing threats to our website. Cloudflare is a network protection service highly recommended to carry a secure management and without problems. Its use is highly recommended for businesses with large networks, in order to avoid material losses. This platform is considered indispensable for web security.

Its system for tracking extraordinary events is not very customizable. It is quite limited when it comes to the removal of spyware, and can not do analysis of the vulnerabilities closest to our page. In addition, it does not offer protection guarantees for attachments, or anti-spam filter for emails.

Aaron B.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great CDN with much more to offer

Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use Cloudflare as a CDN, when we first set-up we ran into some errors, but support helped us create rules so the cache did not affect the admin panel of our site. Cloudflare helps us save on bandwidth and if our server goes down, delivers a cached version of our site to users.

Very easy to set-up and many web hosts offer a one click set-up through CPanel. Free Plan offers all websites need and upgrading to a paid plan is very easy. If you don't know what something is, their team gets back with you right away.

There is not much to dislike about Cloudflare, you can run into some problems when you first set-up if some rules are not set-up properly. They should offer plugins for CMS suites for flawless integration.

Gonzalo B.
Mit Google übersetzen

A must have for security and overall peace of mind

Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt
Bewertet am 30.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Pointing my site to Cloudflare is one of the very first things I do while developing a self-hosted site or when taking over an existing site that either suffers on the performance or the security. This is a classic scenario to face while developing a Wordpress site, the client shows up with a slow and unsafe site, using Cloudflare in this cases is a life and time-saver.

With a few clicks, you can cache, activate SSL on your site (bringing customers to trust back) and use their CDN that rocks, especially for Javascript. The DNS changes are instantaneous, making server migration a breeze.

The protection against DDOS is vital for high-traffic sites, your IP will be hidden as well and your precious server resources will be safe as well. If everything else fails just switch "I am under attack" mode. Cloudflare is now a must have tool for virtually every site I develop.

The only thing I don't like is the lack of customization of the 404 and 500 error screens on the free plans. But I guess is fair enough since their plans are not that expensive neither.

Madison M.

Easy and Reliable

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

The few times I needed Cloudflare support, they were quick and helpful. Cloudflare made website management much more manageable!

DNS is difficult to understand but Cloudflare takes out a lot of guesswork. Since a lot of traffic is proxied through Cloudflare, SSL is also incredibly easy to set up. It's DNS scan feature is very accurate, which is really helpful since I'm working with clients who have their own domains but we manage the DNS. Page rules are an added bonus to create some set up "add-ons" that make a lot of our requests easy to manage.

Overall, my favorite feature are the email alerts for when a domain's nameservers no longer point to Cloudflare. That allows us to provide invaluable customer service for our own clients.

The recent UI change made adding DNS records a little more tedious. Some of the features (e.g. Always Use HTTPS) aren't as prominent as I think they should be since security is so important.

Samim S.
Mit Google übersetzen

Getting fast image loads and sites

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Running an ecommerce site for multiple target location is tough and delivering content fast is more than a cake walk so we are using CloudFlare CDN and now our site is loading fast in our target geographic locations such as USA and Europe. The integration is very easy as just hosting the DNS with them is enough and it can cache static content very easily. We have compared the result without DNS and this tool is giving us really good performance. Its a must for every ecommerce site and on top of it you can use the free cdn feature as long as you want with extra bandwidth saving.

- Very good DNS management console.
- Easy to implement CDN for specific sites or subdomains.
- Very good caching of static contents such as images and files.
- Many edge points to our target market.

- Have not found any such major issue with this tool.

Mit Google übersetzen

One place for your most of website's needs

Bewertet am 11.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

As far we can say cloudflare is the one of the most trusted dns provider we have cause we don't have to setup dns instances to just host our dns.

The things we like about cloudflare are enormous such as its DNS uptime, DDoS protection, Website plugins, API, etc but the best part we like is its free plan for starters cause individuals like bloggers can't afford to pay hefty prices for their website's DNS.

What we least liked about cloudflare was its railgun limitations for free account but i guess new bloggers don't need extreme features like that.

Philip E.
Mit Google übersetzen

Incredible tool for improving site performance and customer experience

Bewertet am 10.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This software improves the experiences of our customers, which leads to better customer experiences and consequentially is an irreplaceable tool in our tool belt.

We use this tool everyday to improve the customer experience as they interact with our websites. Anyone familiar with a CDN will know why its important for delivery of content to the end user, and Cloudflare gets this right. In addition the software is user focused, its not hard to find what you are looking for, whether that be a simple task like clearing cache, or their always online technology. Its very good stuff.

I honestly cannot think of anything that Cloudflare is not at least addressing, if not outright mastering within this field.

Kent K.
Mit Google übersetzen

I don't use any other DNS provider for my or my client's sites

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Improves a website's performance and security.

Cloudflare is my goto DNS, CDN and Security provider. In my opinion, they are the best of the best. If you have a domain on the web, you should be using Cloudflare, it's just that simple. They'll cache your website, compress code, make it faster and secure it all at the same time.

The pricing is beginning to climb but for what you get I think the value is still there. Even their free version has more going for it than other DNS providers.

Michael H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Easy to set up, and great added security for almost any website

Bewertet am 27.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Cloudflare is a great solution for beginners looking to secure their website, as we have a couple clients' using their services for smaller websites.

The biggest feature for Cloudflare lies in its' simplicity to set up with your site and domain. Many hosts and Cpanels now offer Cloudflare integration, which will set up the DNS for you with one click.

Once you're set up, Cloudflare runs seamlessly in the background. The DDoS protection (while not necessary for most smaller sites) is great for peace of mind. Most people use Cloudflare for the free SSL encryption, which is great, but it's important to at least do your research on some free encryption services that have surfaced recently (Let's Encrypt, etc.)

In our uses, we found the 'always live' features, which offers a cached version of your site in the event it goes down, didn't quite work all the time. In the few times our site went down, users were met with a Cloudflare connection error message, which really defeats the purpose...

Additionally, in some cases, we had some issues with IP address reporting on our traffic, which caused some conflicts. This was solved by disabling a few settings within the Cloudflare panel.

Mit Google übersetzen

Free version offers some great features

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Originally was using to provide free SSL certs, since letsencrypt has became much more common the benefits of this functionality are less than they once were, although still offers some great functionality

I've used cloudflare on numerous projects, it's very easy to use and provides a host of features, even on a free account

Standout features include

High availability
CDN
DDOS Protection
SSL certificates

Prices for paid versions are somewhat expensive if you only want certain features, specifically CDN