Act!

3,8 (770)
Eine Bewertung schreiben
Bessere Geschäftsbeziehungen denn je. Bessere Geschäftsergebnisse denn je.

Sortieren nach

Thomas
Thomas
  • Branche: Pharmazeutika
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love the ease of use for both entering data and retrieving info

Bewertet am 7.5.2018

I use it to track my clients and prospects and I can tell anyone the last time I made contact, what that was - letter, Email, Phone Call, etc. and it allows me to connect important info to any of my clients, prospects, friends and family.

The fact that I was able to use the product immediately with no instruction was a great pro. Entering data and retrieving info about a client is easy, and building history of calls, Email messages, letters in a record is great.

I am not happy with support as all they do is provide a fix when there is a problem, but not direction in how to build reports or use other functionality. I have had to fix the same problem with direction from their service group several times. If I ask for help with reports they tell me I need to find a consultant for that.

Christine
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Use it Daily!

Bewertet am 29.4.2024

I have looked at other products but am used to the ease of ACT so choose not to change.

I use ACT for my customer database and storing info about my clients. I use it daily for writing letters or referring to information I keep in the notes. I also use it for printing labels for my newsletters

It has trouble opening on occasion which makes using it frustrating

Antwort von Act!

It's great to hear, Christine, that Act! is helping you manage your clients' information and coordinate outreach. We really appreciate you letting us know!

Vincent
  • Branche: Bankwesen

Awful experience with Act!

Bewertet am 18.6.2014

There is absolutely nothing I like about this software.

Zero functionality. It can't pull any reports that are meaningful. When I think I can pull a report that is meaningful, I realize the data isn't even correct. It has almost no dynamic features; for instance, it can't update data by pulling it from another source; it has to be manually changed, which leads to errors. Also, Act! web premium only works if you have a really high quality internet connection. For example, we have 100MBPS internet; however, the speed is very inconsistent, which causes the Premium web version of Act! to constantly crash every time the internet slows down, while any normal web app would continue to load, or try to load, or just slow down. But Act! doesn't have that functionality; it just crashes, becomes unresponsive, and doesn't save any of the data you just input. When you restart your browser, it makes you sign in again. Also, almost no functionality is available on the web app; you can't delete contacts on the web version; you cannot import anything into the web version, and you can't manipulate any data. You can only input completely new data. It's literally awful.

Contacts don't link well with groups or 'companies.' If you have seven people working for the same company and that company moves offices. If you change the address to that company, you have to individually change those seven people who work there.

But the worst feature is the importing tool. You can't import in any 'advanced' way at all unless you pay for an importer tool, which you can't be sure will work for you. When talking with our third party Act! customer service person, I asked if I could try the import tool to make sure it did what I want before I bought it, or if I could have him try it for me to make sure it worked, and he said "No. There is no way to provide that service."

When asking a simple question like, "So your input tool didn't find the duplicate contacts and just imported 700 duplicates. Is there a way to delete the duplicates all at once? Because all I see is an option to delete the duplicates one by one?" they told me there was no way to do it but that they would charge me to have them delete them for me. And I was quoted at an over 50 hour project quote, for something that took me one minute to do. So I just restored my backup file and started over.

Also, I purchased a duplicate removal tool that was developed by a third party software company, and I thought it would work great, but it turns out that half of the contacts in the system had been uploaded with their full name as one fiedl and the other half with their first middle and last name as different fields. There is now way to differentiate this in ACT because it displays them the same way, so it merged all of the John's into one John contact. So again, I had to restore to a backed up database.

The Swiftpage integration is awful. The only way I am able to use Swiftpage to any success is to export every single email, name, and address in Act! into an Excel spreadsheet, remove any duplicates, sort by region or the way I want to set up groups to email blast in Swiftpage, go to the actual swiftpage6.com website and upload the spreadsheets into Swiftpage manually. The Swiftpage email marketing HTML editor is also pretty bad. You can write beautiful HTML to display a great email, but Swiftpage mutilates the code in ways no one could ever understand. I am a professional coder - javascript, html, css - and it takes me hours, sometimes days, to design a marketing email that displays correctly in any sort of email client. In fact, it doesn't even ever look great when it's done, even after all the hard work. I would highly recommend any other email marketing company other than Swiftpage.

I was on hold with a Swiftpage rep once for over three hours to find out why my email blast which was supposed to be sent by 10AM was still in the queue by 7pm. It actually didn't go out till almost midnight, and we had a 3% open rate, when we normally have a 15% open rate with other email marketing software.

Please, please please do not buy this.

With a database as important and large as mine, it's going to be extremely hard to switch to another software without major delays in service. The company has used it since 2002, and there is a lot of important data that needs to be imported into to a new system. It's going to cost a lot of money to do, and we will do it, but I just pray and beg that no one else ever has to be in the same situation that I am in if they don't have to be.

Wayne
  • Branche: Baumaterial
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

ACT! Not only becoming more powerful, but even easier to use.

Bewertet am 23.2.2024

An excellent app, but with a steep learning curve. But surprisingly improved in the past year. Training would benefit from trainers listening to users.

ACT! is working hard to make itself my highly valued CRM/Partner. Frequent functionality upgrades and increased reliability. Excellent technical assistance.
Expanded training videos and knowledge database. Act CRM is well integrated with Marketing Automation. It is not an add-on, but is central to and easy to use.

I have used ACT! for a long time. For much of the time, I was intimidated by its complications. Weak training did not help. A steep learning curve also required that I learn by trial and error. Much time was wasted learning to use ACT!'s power. ACT! 's muscle was hidden by requiring that I learn on my own instead of having good training.
ACT! would benefit from seeking out suggestions from users as to improvements in training. Some of these stunning features took forever to learn on my own.

Antwort von Act!

Hi Wayne, We are thrilled to hear that you are leveraging and benefiting from Act!'s feature-rich functionality and finding it easier to use. We have devoted lots of resources to a robust digital training center, and onboarding support and have a sharp focus on continually prioritizing ease of use for our customers. Your feedback means a lot to us - thank you for taking the time to share it!

Mike
  • Branche: Öl & Energie

A user for 30 years!

Bewertet am 14.5.2024

An essential tool in product marketing for over 39 years.

An essential tool in product marketing for over 39 years.

The ability to bespoke the database fields and desgn layout with its Marketing Autonation module.

Its use of SQL server software which can be very tempramental

Antwort von Act!

It's great to hear that you're leveraging Act! Marketing Automation for your marketing campaigns and communications. We love our long-term customers and really appreciate you taking the time to tell how Act! is helping your business! Thankyou, Mike!

David
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Act and your need for a CRM

Bewertet am 19.9.2022

Without the introduction of a CRM, i doubt we would have had the client retention we have been lucky to have, we had trialed other CRM's, from free online to high cost ones like Goldmine - they all do much the same but our need to a specific way of accessing and manipulating our data left us with Act as the only real option. One option was to have a bespoke system but costs in the region of £100,000 and constant support didnt make much business sense at the time and after seeing similar projects fail at rival companies we think the route we took has been justified

Having the ability to scale requirements has helped the business grow without huge outlay. Has the capability to use high end hardware and now has a Cloud based solution so removing the need for costly onsite equipment if required

As usual costs, the license model has change from perpetual to the per user per year, the Cloud based variant is expensive but comparable to others. The need for a 3rd party module to fully use the software for our needs has increased usability but at a cost, would of been nice to include in subscription

Zoho CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Act!

Zoho wasnt around at the original decision but was pushed a new Sales Director, after 4 weeks of trying to get 10 client details imported to show proof of use we gave up - no direct import without essential data loss. Goldmine was extensively used by 3 Sales reps, although powerful it didnt meet the requirement we needed at the time, and at the time was 5 times more expensive. The budget wouldnt stretch even if we would get everything we needed from it so Act was chosen

Antwort von Act!

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to share how your business is using Act! -especially the cloud-based solution.
We love hearing from our customers, so thanks again for sharing!

Nathan
Nathan
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Small Business' should use ACT! for organizational needs.

Bewertet am 13.4.2020

As long as you are not trying to overload the system creating multiple profiles for many companies, this product works great for smaller companies trying to get their foot in the door for a cross connection software with sales, help desk for technical team, and financial support all in one.

You can input any information and update it and the information can be seen by anyone in the organization. Makes communication between teams very simple and quick.

I am not a fan of the way they use multiple contacts past two for a business. If there are a list of people to communicate with each profile has up to two contacts, with more than two a new profile for the company has to be created, creating multiple profiles for each company which can cause confusion for other sections of the company, including processing payments and sending to the wrong contact at the other end or returning a product to the wrong section of said business.

Keith
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

ACT Review

Bewertet am 26.4.2024

Excellent. I've been using ACT for over 20 years.

Excellent. I've been using ACT for over 20 years.

Simple, easy to use. In the cloud and backed up so I can pull it up on any device.

Sometimes it doesn't want to change company names when you are doing a search.

Antwort von Act!

We are happy to hear you're finding Act! easy and simple to use, Keith. We love hearing how Act! is helping our customers manage and grow their businesses and it's exciting that we've been partners for over 20 years! Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

Meredith
Meredith
  • Branche: Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen

Try Another CRM

Bewertet am 18.1.2021

We utilize Act to track our communications with customers/leads and track sales metrics based on activities done within Act.

There isn't much I like about using Act. It is clunky and there are a lot better CRM tools out there that are much more sophisticated and are better for integrating multiple programs. It is a relatively easy tool to use although it does not do a lot of what we would like it to be able to use.

Act seems to be patched together from add-ons over the year and has not had a comprehensive UX refresh. It also is not simple to integrate with our other software like a lot of other software tools are

Cyndy
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Bewertet am 4.6.2024

I've been using Act for many years and the ease of use and synchronizing to Outlook makes it a very convenient tool for managing customer databases.

Act tends to be behind in keeping up with being compatible with new releases of Windows and Windows-related programs.

Antwort von Act!

It's great to hear, Cyndy, that Act! continues to help you manage your customer data. Thank you for your review.

Sally
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Basic CRM that does the job

Bewertet am 18.11.2022

ACT is easy to use and does what a CRM is supposed to do: manage contacts and contact information. It is easy to create contacts, companies, links and search for them. It can be used offline which makes it extremely convenient when there is no internet access (eg: business trips). The DB will synchronize when you are back online. Another thing is that it is an off the shelf product: it does not require any development to configure.

The software lacks customizable reports and dashboard. It is extremely complicated to setup a good dashboard with the reports that you need. There is not much options or flexibility, and the display does not always end up being right (missing items). So it is not the best for sales/opportunities management.

Antwort von Act!

We love hearing from our customers Sally, and appreciate you taking the time to let us know how Act! is helping your business. We understand that you found some limitations around reporting and wanted to be sure you had access to these digital resources to help with your customization needs.

If there are additional features you'd like to see in Act!, we'd love to know and invite you to please submit a feature request by visiting this URL.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Van McLean
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

ACT! for NGOs

Bewertet am 22.4.2021

I generally find ACT! basic but easy to use. You find there what you need - particularly the database management.

I have pioneered the purchase of ACT! in my company. Back then, It offers a perpetual license per user which is great as you don't subject yourself to a monthly or annual subscription. I love the fact that ACT! marketing can be customised and very rare that it falls under the promotions tab of the email recipient.

ACT! can only be linked to a certain version of Outlook which i find not helpful. Not all the licenses we purchased were maximise as they find ACT! a work duplicate particularly on the finance side since only selected accounting software can be integrated in the ACT! system.

Fritz
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Small Business Owner & ACT! User since V2

Bewertet am 2.2.2023

I'm a small business owner, mostly focused on selling services and ACT! has enabled me to manage all aspects of selling, marketing, client communications and far more. Great customer support over the past almost 30 years as an ACT! user.

Ability to customize the product for my preferred activities - follow-ups, invoicing, managing client relations, sales pipeline tracking and more.

Nothing to complain about as they've gotten the product to work efficiently with the past 6 or 7 versions. Upgrading used to be inconvenient but they've made the upgrade process seemless

Microsoft Excel

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Act!

I got it the software at a great price back in 1994...maybe $25 for the disc.

Antwort von Act!

Hey thanks Fritz, it sounds like Act! is helping you out. You're helping us out by spreading the word - so thanks for taking the time to share!

Andrew
  • Branche: Nanotechnologie

Good first CRM

Bewertet am 18.1.2023

Positive experience and we are using the custom fields. I wish you could make some fields limited based on other field inputs. ACT! is great if you are just getting into CRM and want to get your business up and running quickly, this is one of the reasons it is such a popular choice. They have been doing CRM for a very long time.

Easy to setup and have customized fields. They have an option to run on your own server to avoid monthly fees of other CRM options.

Once you have over 10,000 contacts. It is harder and slower to organize CRM. Works much better for smaller contact lists.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Act!

Cost of alternatives were much higher for similar features.

Antwort von Act!

Hey thanks Andrew, it sounds like Act! is helping you out. You're helping us out by spreading the word - so thanks for taking the time to share!

Thom
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung

Very versatile

Bewertet am 1.8.2019

I have been using it non stop since the earliest versions - that should tell you that I am very satisfied with it.

I have been using ACT for over 25 years and have seen lots of versions. I like its flexibility and that I can put users into multiple groups, It would be impossible to design a program that did everything everybody wanted it to but ACT comes close. I use it for sales, marketing, personal groups I coordinate, keeping track of some of my customers' customers.

It can interact with Outlook and Google's calendar if you use either of those programs. I am a Premium member. The bad side to that is it is a little pricey - about $0 a month. The good side is that I always have the most up to date version. The customer support is wonderful if you are a premium member. Whenever Microsoft Windows has an update a lot of my programs need some adjusting. ACT requires the SQL to restart but that is a simple fix. If/when I have had issues I couldn't fix I just made a call and their support team was terrific in helping me.

I like the fact that it is cloud based so I can access it on my tablet or cell phone or any computer anywhere. At my office I use the offline version and simply update the sync to the cloud. I have it set to update overnight also. One of the features I like best is the history. It is great to be able to look back to meetings, calls etc to see what I said, did etc. The library of forms is very useful also - create a form, letter - whatever - and you have a pre printed template you can utilize for multiple clients or for just one.

It holds tons of contacts also.

I wish it had more options for the ID/Status cells. The group function sort of does that but not like I need it to. Having 3, 4, 5 or more ID/Status cells would be very useful. Most of my clients fall into more than one category.

Bill

How act is helping me working at 74 as a sales man

Bewertet am 5.1.2017

I have been using ACT's since 1999 and this year I turned 74 and I'm still selling with the very best of them. I sell power supplies to industry and without ACT there is no way I could compete in the world of sales today without ACT, I put everything and anything that helps me sell more in a very competitive field including emails, quotes, power supply spec, and notes. I see so many people who will not invest in this program or database if they did their sales would be much higher nobody can remember everything but ACT does. In all the years I have used at never a problem of any kind I do keep it on three computers as the backup just in case there's a crash of one of my computers. I backup my database 2 to 3 times a week making sure I have everything when I need it. The thing I like most about ACT when I go to sales meetings I have all my information right in front of me on my laptop and so many people don't. So when I am questioned about any customer I can look in my notes and have the answers I need, without ACT my sales numbers would be much lower.
Thanks ACT

Without ACT I could not compete as well as I do in the sales world for it is changing every day. I need ACT to help track my customers my orders my RFQ's and so many other things without it I wouldn't have a job today. I see so many salespeople who won't invest in ACT who sales numbers could be so much better I tell them about ACT but they don't seem to want to invest in their future and their future sales that could be so much better.

I cannot find one thing wrong with ACT I have been using it approximately 20 years and never had a problem I cannot say this about other database programs I have had to use when I worked for other companies. Some of them were super complicated took hours of work just to get your data in whereas using ACT it was a breeze putting data in and saving data of all kinds.

Michelle
  • Branche: Rechtsberatung

Act! through the years

Bewertet am 19.2.2021

I love Act!, the functionality, the ability to customize, detailed reports. I run my single jobs, AR, AP, reporting, generate documents, calendar, follow up, email all through Act! and have micro control of every document and report. I have several users and the addons are endless.

I began using Act! 20+ years ago the draw for me was the ability to customize the product for my companies needs. I have run my company's database with this software from start up and I have made it work through the years. In the earlier days I was able to automate functionality to stay ahead of trends and have robust productivity far a head of my competitors. As the years have gone on and the product was sold and resold they have updated and brought general users more but have left lifelong users in the dust for profit.

Subscription services that cripple my ability to utilize the fully purchased/owned product. I feel that the company sold out for recurring subscriptions. I don't care that they want to go to subscription but I do care that I have my feet held to the fire because of it. Users like myself enabled their progress and continued success.

Ken

My Most Important Sales Tool

Bewertet am 8.3.2023

I utilize ACT's calendar to organize my day and I keep notes in the NOTES section for all communications with the contact. I also use Marketing Automation but just started using it last year.

The CRM is easy to use and one can learn how to use it very quickly. Act keeps up with the changing times and provides the tools that a sales person needs to optimize his/her performance. Introduction of Marketing Automation was an added bonus that provides a sales person with more power to find leads

The pricing has risen over the years to the point that I feel it is now on the high end of the spectrum. I probably utilize only 20 - 25% of all the ACT features; but I'm paying for a software program that can accomplish more than what I need. I started with the original ACT when it first came out (forgot how many years ago) and it had a very attractive price at that time.

Antwort von Act!

Thank you, Ken, for your feedback. We are happy to hear that Act! is helping your business and that the Calendar and Notes features are especially useful to you. We are excited that you have begun using Act! Marketing Automation and wanted to share these resources to help you leverage its powerful capabilities to create landing pages, capture leads, and nurture prospects and customers. Please check them out at https://www.act.com/resources/act-marketing-automation/.

Vincent
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Software that has help me accelerate my business

Bewertet am 20.9.2023

Overall, I have been able to track and provide my sales and marketing success to my owners. It's important to measure your success and Act! has made it simple and easy to use.

I enjoy having task and opportunity options. It makes me organized and I can manage my time. I love marketing automation as it's difficult to reach out to hundreds of contacts at a time.

I would like to change the colors of the program. The blue and white are a little too overwhelming for my eyes. I would like "Dark Mode" if that would be possible.

Antwort von Act!

Thank you, Vincent, for taking the time to leave this review. We'd love to learn more about your business and highlight it on our Success Story webpage and social channels! If you'd like to share your Act! Success Story, it's easy - just paste this link into your browser to get started. We hope to hear from you! Thanks again for sharing and we wish continued success to you! https://www.act.com/success-stories/

Bud
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen

22 year plus customer Sage / Act

Bewertet am 16.4.2017

Years ago Act software helped me build a tremendous mortgage business. Out of that experience, I am reaching out to offer some effective criticism to enhance your product. Good luck! Feel free to contact me anytime.

I was probably one of the first purchasers of Act. It is a great program that needs a company to put some serious thought behind making it work better. After shopping several other CRM software's I still think it is above the rest in both user friendly and functionality. You price for the product is more than fair (in fact, I think low) but the software runs like it is somebody's part time job.

Customer service is the worst. The guys in India are great and I have nothing bad to say about them but is there some reason I need to sit on a phone 45 minutes waiting to speak to the representative? Again I think Act could be the CRM leader but I don't see much improvement over the past few years. The principles of this company have sat back and let opportunities walk by not focusing on the customers needs. With all the apps and technologies available Act should have more to offer.When I purchase a product I do not expect to have to spend hours chasing down my answers through videos.

Brad
  • Branche: Halbleiter
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

2021 ACT v22 Review

Bewertet am 7.1.2021

Overall, from 1991 up until summer 2020, has been pretty seamless using ACT and upgrading from previous versions to current versions. The last v22.0 upgrade I installed, gave me the impression that someone at ACT was more concerned about getting their bonus and 'rushing' out this new version, than making sure an 'error free' product was released. This combined with the elimination of service contracts, gives the impression they're going to "milk the cow" and end up closing up the business and leaving customers stranded.

Familiar as I have been using ACT since 1991, starting with v2.0 and now have v22.1.

ACT worked 'great' up to and including v21. Since the release of v22, I get ACT "NOT RESPONDING" messages 6-8x per day and need to completely reboot my laptop. Also with v22, I have randomly and periodically had (2x) my template for Contacts changed/rearranged. This combined with the elimination of service contracts, makes using ACT and potentially upgrading to the next version of ACT "unattractive".

Tracy
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Act is great for marketing

Bewertet am 29.12.2022

Our marketing team is virtual and located all over the US. We use Act for all our marketing accounts. Our administration uses Act for business development as well as our marketing team for each and every campaign.

We have been using Act for 18 years. It's a nice product with as many bells and whistles thats needed for a CRM. Its easy to implement and set up databases. It has the necessary features for analytics and reporting for clients.We plan to upgrade to an Act cloud version soon.

The only feature I would like to see added would be an internal voip so that you could hit the call button and Act would dial automatically.

Antwort von Act!

We love hearing from our customers, Tracy! Some of our favorite features have come from the suggestions of power users like you! We invite you to please submit your feature request by visiting this URL.

Thank you!

Alissa
  • Branche: Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Act is the affordable options

Bewertet am 15.7.2022

Overall Act has been a strategic software choice for our organization.

Overall Act has been a strategic software choice for our organization.

Act has a lot of the features more expensive CRM’s offer without sacrificing usability or features. It is feature rich and simple to use.

Act hasn’t had many changes in the last two years. I would like to see more growth for this product.

Salesforce Sales Cloud und SugarCRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Act!

Act has the more affordable option

Antwort von Act!

We love hearing from customers Alissa! Thanks for letting us know why you selected Act! and how it is helping your business. We look forward to more years delivering value to you!

John
  • Branche: Versicherung

"Get Your Act Together"

Bewertet am 29.1.2019

I am keeping my Insurance and Retirement Planning business running with it and I believe I first started using ACT in 1994. The basic functions that I use it for are easy to learn and use. I sure wish I would have had the chance to take courses on ACT, Excel, etc... while in college but when I graduated in 1979 there were no such things.

What's not to love? It keeps my contacts names, numbers, addresses, emails, etc... sorted. I can mark/tag them for different groups, find them, note them, write them, sort them... I can schedule me calls, meetings, to-do's with alarms to remind me. I LOVE MY ACT!

The only reason for the 4 stars is because this software will do so much and I being age 60 and not growing up with computers all thru school... I am probably not doing one tenth of what I could be doing with ACT and yet it is still a LIFESAVER! Without ACT, I would NEVER be able to keep my "ACT" together... lol.
It makes me feel a little incompetent knowing there is SO MUCH MORE it could do for me if I knew how to do it.

Darren
Darren

Best featured and Best value CRM for Small business

Bewertet am 3.5.2016

Firstly, I'm an Act! Certified Consultant and I sell and provide services around Act! and have done so since 2001.

Although I'm not a client, I have continually had to make an assessment about whether Act! is the right product for our prospective and existing clients.

My personal experience is that there is no single software product that is suitable for every business. If you are a big enterprise, Act! isn't the product you are going to invest in. For small business though it should be at the top of your list to review.

Act! has a greater depth and depth of functionality for the price of any CRM software in the market for the small business users. If there was something that were better I'd be inclined to be offering it to our clients. Act! has been around for nearly 30 years and the many things that you are likely to want to be able to do, Act! just does. Many of the small, simple, day to day tasks will be made easier by your use of Act!. Act! is a product that you will hear many loyal and satisfied clients say that they Love and that they can't do without. Act! is easy to use and it's highly configurable. It excels in a MS Windows environment, so if you are running a server with some desktops and laptops it's an ideal solution. It will run faster than any cloud based solution.

Act! comes with both a Windows and Web based access. You could have some using it on their desktop in the office, and others using it via the web browser. The Web version doesn't completely match the windows version for functionality, but the gap is closing. With Act! you can deploy it on your own server so you own and control your data. You can still have the advantage of a web based login but know that your database is in an environment you control. Act! has a range of excellent third party add-ons that en-rich it's functionality and with a new API in the latest 18.1 version there will be many more integrations between Act! and other web based applications.

If I were to simplfy where I see Act! in the market it would be to say it sits in the middle of the basic cloud offerings like Pipedrive, Insightly, Highrise etc. and the full blown CRM's from Saleforce, SugarCRM and Microsoft. If you are an established business that is looking for a best in class CRM to work on your MS Windows platform and still provide good mobile and web browser based access then Act! is ideal.