Nutshell

François
  • Branche: E-Learning

Perfect CRM for service companies for B2B

Bewertet am 3.7.2023

Easy to implement, with loads of tailor-made features for Small or medium-sized businesses. The connection to Outlook is good!

The list of functionality is impressive and very easy to learn, customize and implement. Customize list, merge contacts or companies, and the reporting features were all great ones for software at this price

Some of the reporting is limited, but it is still better than most we have tried, Also, the interface is not the sexiest around, but it does the job.

Dynamics 365 , Salesforce Sales Cloud und HubSpot CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Nutshell

The price versus quality was much better with Nushell. And the B2B sales features that allowed us to serve individual customers were also solid.
Rashid
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Nutshell product review

Bewertet am 15.6.2022

I have used a number of different systems including Zoho, Hubspot, Pipedrive. I like Nutshell's flexibility and ease of use.

Tags - are the most used feature - so I can easily segment lists. The ability to sort with multiple tags. Easy importing from a spreadsheet.

Having to add a tag into the system BEFORE uploading a contact spreadsheet. If the tag doesn't already exist - the import fails. Which is an extra step and a waste of time.

HubSpot Marketing Hub und Pipedrive

Warum Nutshell gewählt wurde

Highrise was no longer in development - or being supported.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Nutshell

Price and ease of use. Pipedrive misses a number of features like Tags
nicole
  • Branche: Buchhaltung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I don't use a lot of the features, I just simply write notes about customers.

Bewertet am 8.5.2017

It stores information about my clients. (Though it's not easy to get or use that information later on.)

I like that's it's web based, and that it can store information about my clients. That's really about it.

I dislike very much that I cannot search using CTRL + F for stuff on a clients page. I'll have a lot to look though and I'll want to search for a specific word, say "lunch" or "meeting." I cannot search for these words. Instead it just pulls up the search bar for people. Very unuseful for a CRM....

I really hate that when I do search, it rarely finds me what I need, and almost never quickly. It's difficult to find phone numbers, if I search someone's name, it'll pull up everyone's not CLOSE to what I'm search for, but somehow not the specific person....

My daily tasks somehow get clogged by what is in the leads... perhaps there's a way around this, but I haven't found it yet. I can't really rely on tasks or to-dos with Nutshell, so I use Trello for that.

I can mostly use Nutshell for just storing stuff about my clients, and even then finding that information months later is not very easy, frustrating and not very helpful.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your frustrations about search. I have added this info to my product list and we will discuss it internally. We appreciate you being a Nutshell customer.

Johanna M.
Johanna M.
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Can't get more user friendly than this!

Bewertet am 18.4.2024

I love the user-friendly nature of Nutshell. It is hands down the easiest out-of-the-box CRM I've ever used. It's easily customizable, integrates well, and has helped my team start working together in the back office. I love it!

Nothing! I LOVE Nutshell! It's an outstanding product, and the customer service has become robust over the years - it's the best product for our small team.

Antwort von Nutshell

Thank you so much for this glowing review, Johanna! We're so glad to hear Nutshell has been user-friendly for your team and that you're finding the customizations and integrations easy! Thank you for your partnership over the years, and we look forward to seeing how Nutshell continues helping your business thrive!

All my best,

Conner
  • Branche: Industrieautomation

Nutshell in a Nutshell

Bewertet am 8.8.2023

overall we have see an increase to our responses on email marketing

overall we have see an increase to our responses on email marketing

the product is easy to use. i like the ability to create multiple email campaigns in a little amount of time

I wish some of the design areas could be more detailed/ more features

Zoho CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Nutshell

the usability, and data seemed to be more accurate
Jean-Marie
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Perfect solution for startups

Bewertet am 9.1.2021

Everything was really great. From the sales, through deployment, and ongoing support.

Ease of use, easy integration, great customer support, easy to learn and solid documentation, and many more.

Some features need improvement or expansion but our rep told us all the ones we asked about are already in their production queue.

Riaz
Riaz
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Huge security vulnerability, inadequate support, and false advertising

Bewertet am 1.4.2020

Nutshell has a good UX and design, was easy to customise with their API and integrate into our software, and was easy to onboard new staff onto and train them how to use.

There is a massive security bug in the software that we have raised to their CTO multiple times but this has still not been fixed, and their team now ignores our emails. This bug allows peoples private emails to be read even if they have unsynced from Nutshell, and has been acknowledged as a bug by their tech team but we have not had this addressed. As a result, we had critically confidential business information leaked. Nutshell is also meant to include unlimited free phone calling - their CTO about a year back reached out to us to ask us to switch to a more expensive option, because they had not planned for calling volumes from our country and this subsequently pushed our costs up.

Morgan
  • Branche: Religiöse Einrichtungen

Life-saver

Bewertet am 16.5.2024

It helps me keep everything organized and the visual pipeline is gold. Very user-friendly for someone like myself who doesn’t normally need this kind of software.

Some of the features I really needed are not available at the cost I’m ready to pay, while I have features I don’t use. But that happens when you need something for a very specific purpose and I’m not the traditional client.

Antwort von Nutshell

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Nutshell, Morgan! We're glad to hear you're finding Nutshell user-friendly and that it's helping you organize your contacts!

Derrick
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Nutshell makes a CRM easy to integrate into the sales process.

Bewertet am 10.6.2024

Excellent experience so far. I have HATED every other CRM I've used, but Nutshell takes the pain away.

Ease of use. I can email and contact customers directly from Nutshell.

Having some issues with setting up broadcast emails and the DNS setting, but working through it.

Antwort von Nutshell

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Nutshell, Derrick! We're glad to hear your team is finding Nutshell easy to use and that it's taking the pain out of CRM!

And our customer support team is happy to help resolve any issue you may have with email broadcasts.

Sarah
  • Branche: Immobilien
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Nutshell is Great

Bewertet am 6.6.2024

Has all the information that is needed and comfortable to use and to keep track of everything.

Not a thing. Everything so far is good.

Antwort von Nutshell

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Nutshell, Sarah! We're glad to hear Nutshell is helping your team track sales and contacts, and happy that your experience has been great!

Andrew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best Value for the Money; Don't Have to Sacrifice Much; Perfect for small up to medium size co.

Bewertet am 3.7.2023

I've used Nutshell for 10+ years and I've also got three of my consulting clients to start using it. Everyone is very happy. The biggest challenge is not getting people to use Nutshell, it's getting people to use a CRM at all. It's getting them to stop their chaotic disorganized habits and come together to bring all our critical information into one place. We also just started using it for sales tracking and license renewals and it's turning out to be very functional and flexible for that too.

Easy and simple to set up and maintain. Very powerful and effective in turning our chaotic spreadsheets and inconsistent behaviors into a well-oiled machine.

Some of the UI details are not intuitive. We would like more robust forms for capturing leads and customer intent.

Pipeline CRM , SugarCRM , HubSpot Sales Hub und HubSpot CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Nutshell

Nutshell was superior for the money and seemed to have all the tools we needed. Hubspot was much more expensive and seemed much harder to use. We didn't need all the bells and whistles which just made it harder to use.
  • Branche: Lagerung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome CRM for our team!

Bewertet am 8.8.2023

Overall we've been satisfied with Nutshell for years now, it works great for our team and anytime updates and changes are announced they are always even better. The support team really makes a difference too!

Integration and onboarding were easy and quick, so many great features for our sales and marketing teams, task setting and email integration are great!

We really don't have negative feedback for Nutshell, there are some features we don't use but not because they are difficult to use, just not necessary for our business.

Warum Nutshell gewählt wurde

The Big Contacts CRM was super outdated and did not integrate with any other systems we were using at the time.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Nutshell

Cost, support team and integrations. We really liked the layout of the platform and the clarity on making notes, setting tasks, etc.
Paul
  • Branche: Baumaterial
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Nutshell has been a gamechanger!

Bewertet am 9.11.2023

We absolutely love being able to have an all in one place customer and production tracker. From the time a prospect writes in, through years after they have purchased and Installed their building we have everything at our fingertips.

We just wish that emails still went into the customer's leads, and tasks could be auto assigned after it is "won" the project isn't done..

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Nutshell

Price and customer service were the biggest driving factors in our decision to choose and stay with Nutshell!
Thomas
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Nutshell gives our business the power to grow in a controlled way.

Bewertet am 16.10.2023

Gmail integration. Easy to set up and easy to stay on top of.

There is nothing I dislike. I did give feedback for improvements and these were listened to and implemented.

Salesforce Sales Cloud und HubSpot CRM

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Nutshell

Easy to use. The core functionality as a CRM is close to perfect for us.
Jim
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie

Nutshell in a Nutshell

Bewertet am 10.10.2023

At first, I thought it was "clunky" but over time, and some super cool changes have actually helped me be MORE detailed. I would like to be able to run reports on customers, Not on sales necessarily...But on simple account activity.

I can dump tons of data into the CRM, which I do for each customer. If I work on something that ends up going to anther salesperson, I can already have TDS and SDS information. Visit notes, I can make changes to contacts within a customer in seconds. The world changes quickly, and Nutshell lets me change with it.

Leads is convoluted. Each sales person does things differently. For example. I sell Industrial. Many times my sales cycle can be two years long. I have trials and approvals to get from Engineers, Maintenance staff, and sometimes plant managers. Where a Fuel sales guy just quotes total gallons at a certain price, my job is highly detailed, constantly changes, So my leads don't fit into Nutshell very well at all. I struggle with the leads funnel. (It makes me look inefficient) I do not like the sales portion of Nutshell at all.

Elisabeth
  • Branche: Kosmetik
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A good tool for small businesses

Bewertet am 10.8.2023

Good overall experience

Good overall experience

1- friendly2- relatively fast training compared to other softwares

1- some parameters are difficult to customize (e.g. linking the lead to an invoice, linking the lead to a ''priority'' criterion, etc.)2- Nutshell sees the enterprise admin as a user (who needs to pay) while it just adds new users and gives them proper access and data backup. It's not really fair.

Robert
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Good for most; Doesn't seem to handle recurring/subscription revenue well

Bewertet am 8.5.2017

Better tracking of our forecast and contacts.

Better tracking of our forecast and contacts.

UI is getting much better in general, and the software has always been quite reliable (rarely down or broken).

1. Can't duplicate leads (we have customers that renew annually - I have to create new leads with all of the information each time)
2. Can't type an actual date in (must pick it) - every time I create a new lead for an annual subscription in the future, I have to click 12 times to get to the right month. Doing this for 20-30 leads makes my hand want to fall off
3. Hard to add future subscription leads - if we sell a monthly subscription for our product, we have to manually create 12 leads each year. Very time-consuming.
4. Editing contacts should be possible in-line. You can add emails/phone, but changing title and other items require you to leave the lead and go to the full contact form.
5. I preferred the older 'create lead' form which was the full page. The new one is less productive because you have to fill it out, then go the full page version and finish all of the items that were missing in the pop-up version.
6. Pro version cost. We don't need anything from Pro except the funnel report for only one user. To get that it would require all users going pro and increasing our cost by 4x which isn't possible.

Antwort von Nutshell

Thanks for the feedback Robert. We've had a few customers, like you, ask about the possibility of splitting users between the Standard and Pro versions. It's something we are seriously looking into and will be asking more of our customers if this is important to them.

Frank

Tiffany
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Pleased with Nutshell

Bewertet am 22.1.2021

The support team is knowledgeable, responsive, cares about your issues and has proactive training available for users.

visually organized and logical data entry screen. Functionality is there to build as robust or simple as the company needs/wants.

It is very easy to self-build an inefficient architecture. Data uploads can be catastrophic if not done correctly. I think more training on set up, warnings issued at set up and common pitfalls at set up would avoid harmful bulk uploads making irreversible upload mistakes.

Vince

Over all it has been great to use, have had some issues with freezing when switching from...

Bewertet am 8.5.2017

Easy to set appointments and track who I have talked with and what we talked about and set follow up calls/appointments. The reports are a good tool for staying on track with my efforts/results. I've only had one experience with customer support but when I did they responded very quickly and had me back working in a very reasonable amount of time.

For what I use the software for there really are not any cons. I am an end user so I primarily use it for setting/following up/tracking my daily calls and contacts. I guess on the computer side the only negative I would say is the search engine is very fickle, sometimes you can put in specific words and you get some crazy thing that has nothing to do with the company or person your looking for and then you can misspell what your looking for and get exactly what you want.

I will say that the app for my HTC phone is somewhat lacking. I can set appointments just fine and log calls/emails but the searching for a certain person or company is very very limited

Hi Vince,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. The search function is on our list to investigate and we are definitely working on the mobile app.

Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell community.

Trevor
  • Branche: Hausmeisterservice
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best CRM I have ever used!

Bewertet am 26.6.2017

It allows me to easily keep track of everything. What sales I am working on. What customers I need to contact. And everything is conveniently located to work with ease.

In the two months of implimentation already seen a growth in sales and productivity. Including our first ever RFQ from our website.

Ease of use, backed up by powerful tools. Tracks your calls and even can be set to remind you to contact customers that you haven't talked to in a while. Favorite part is the Keep in touch. It plans my day and my call backs flawlessly.

I would like to see a visual overlay of all my customers on a map. That way when I am planning a trip I don't miss any customers that are off the main roads. Will give me a visual to help plan. Or some way to plan a road trip and Nutshell will show me all the customers I should contact on the way and plan route. Which can be transferred over to gps software like enroute.

Hey Trevor!

Thanks for the positive feedback. The best part is the growth in sales and productivity you've seen since your implementation. Congratulations!

Jason
  • Branche: Sport
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great service... very helpful and nice staff

Bewertet am 7.5.2017

Seeing activities of sales people and success of campaigns

Seeing activities of sales people and success of campaigns

Lead tracking and value of leads. Notification of wins. The reporting oand tracking of activities. I like to set activities up as different campaign. It is great for tracking the success of different sales campaign.

The App!!! Can't move a lead along the stages using Android. And you need to schedule an activity instead of logging an activity. The idea of logging is an activity is log what you just did. It is great on the desk top version. But on the App, the user finishes a cold call ..hops into their car and needs to schedule the activity the log it! I have complained about this for years. Nutshell team does not seem to understand how on road sales reps work. Very frustrating!

Hey Jason!

Thanks for taking the time to provide some feedback. We are making enhancements to the app and hope to release these in the near term which should reduce your frustration.

Thank for being part of the Nutshell community.

Anilkumar
  • Branche: Animationssoftware

Simple and easy

Bewertet am 7.9.2023

For some one new to CRM, Nutshell can be a good place to start.

For some one new to CRM, Nutshell can be a good place to start.

CRM pipeline management, Contact management and lead form are my favourites. I used their lead forms in my website to easily collect the contact details. Email sequencing is my most used feature.

I dont use their email marketing tool much.

Close und HubSpot CRM

Warum Nutshell gewählt wurde

For features and their dashboard.

Price
Matthew
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Nutshell has been a necessity for our business.

Bewertet am 8.5.2017

Organization across sales, support, and billing.

Organization across sales, support, and billing.

The Dashboard is amazing for keeping up to date on the happenings in Sales. I also really appreciate the Wallboard(summary of sales that month) as we google cast it to your TV in our kitchen. The sales process functionality ensures all leads go through a standard sales process. Really good stuff. We're really glad to have supported Nutshell all these years.

SaaS support. I'm still not able to find CRM software that is geared towards SaaS companies. Seeing as Nutshell is a SaaS company I'm surprised they haven't added support for this yet. Once a lead is marked as one, you can't have steps in the sales process (mail a welcome package, follow-up after 2 weeks, 1 month, ask for an online review ;P) You have to manually create these tasks. Instead we've had to utilize Zapier to add a task to Asana for this. I wish we could do it all in Nutshell.

Shayne
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good, but could use improvement

Bewertet am 11.1.2021

I'd say my experience overall is good. I like how simple it is to create things. They all link together smoothly. My experience with other CRM programs is that they over complicate things with too many layers. Nutshell just keeps it simple and give me what I need. It could use a few more ways of spitting out information, but as far as keeping all my information in one spot it's quite good at it. I would suggest the product for a company that needs a CRM for information tracking. I think when it comes to an organization that needs a deeper data dig, Nutshell will not be the solution for them.

It's easy to use and task tracking is simple. It helps me understand at a glance what I need to accomplish in a day. Entering data is quick, and this part of the program is quite intuitive. Customer support is really good. You're speaking with a human instead of a robot.

Reporting is quite lacking. Trying to understand data trends in some cases requires the creation of multiple reports instead of compiling it into one. It often times asks about duplicates. I'm not sure how it recognizes them, but they're often not similar at all.

Understanding interactions between an account is quite tiresome. It tracks all of the data into one place and requires some digging to determine what is relevant to the lead, contact, or company. It's all in the same place instead of into multiple swim lanes. It some times feels like you're asking it for information regarding one thing and it dumps every single interaction that may or may not include that lead/account/contact.

Michelle
  • Branche: Bau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I set everything up, make any adjustments, and train our end users

Bewertet am 8.5.2017

Easy to track our contacts and sales leads. Great tool for management.

Easy to track our contacts and sales leads. Great tool for management.

I really like the ease of use. It's very simplistic but a lot can be done with it. The program is pretty user friendly. Each user is able to customize their own views. Also, the customer service has been great. Not only are they quick to respond, but it's nice to know they take their users' suggestions and implement them if they are an improvement to the product.

Probably my one complaint would be that if you choose 'phone number' as one of your columns to display, it chooses the first number under that profile which could be a fax number or mobile number and then the display simply shows up as 'phone number'. It would be nice to be able to choose to show the different kinds of phone numbers.

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your comments. We do take our customers' feedback very seriously - as we are here to help you all!

To address the phone number issue you mentioned; you are able to appoint which phone number is displayed in the list view. If there are multiple numbers associated with the contact, simply star the one you wish to be the default. If you have trouble with this, please contact our support team who will be happy to help you!

Best,