Microsoft Outlook

Sarah U.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste

Outlook is amazing

Bewertet am 1.10.2020

I've used it with every company I've ever worked for and also have done support for our clients that use it as well for the last 15 years it's a great product

I like how organized you can keep your emails and folders also to be able to set up rules to automatically put specific emails into folders and the calendar reminders are fantastic

Every once in awhile it glitches and you'll have to either update or reinstall it other than that it's a great program to use

Gmail

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft Outlook

Outlook is a lot more secure and diverse to use for businesses over Gmail
Jordan D.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

Great Product, but could be more stable

Bewertet am 26.8.2020

Outlook is a great product and becoming more so all the time. It is the productivity application that our business can't live without. The feature updates in Outlook tend to introduce issues unfortunately. The Shared Mailbox experience could be improved, it is common to see Outlook become non-responsive when switching between shared mailboxes, even on high end computers and gigabit internet. The features and ease of use are really what make Outlook great.

* Constantly Evolving Powerhouse of features and functionality
* Devloper and customize templates
* Visual Basic advanced development
* Shared Mailboxes
* Group Mailboxes (Channels) that allow team collaboration and follow up
* Favorite your inbox and often accessed folders
* Team, Planner, and Personal Calendar all in a single overlayed view
* Scheduling and Meeting assistance
* Tasks, Contacts, and Sticky notes
* Search emails using filters and key phrases

* Microsoft's new release and development schedule is great for the addition of new and useful tools but is causing stability issues. It is common to have to repair Outlook and Office applications after a feature update.

* Adding shared mailboxes often causes Outlook to run slowly.

* Some serious optimizations are needed in the sync process to prevent Outlook hanging. I have to disable Downloading of Shared mailboxes, which is enable by default, on every computer Outlook is installed on

Google Workspace und Front

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft Outlook

Power and Features. If Microsoft can optimize and add easier to use collaboration functionality we will continue to use Outlook indefinitely.
Patrick L.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

A great all around email app

Bewertet am 5.11.2021

Setup was a breeze and the integration between all of my devices. Was easy to link all of my email accounts. I am able to view them on my computer or phone.

Doesn't always load immediately and sometimes reformats emails.

Marcelo C.
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management

a good alternative

Bewertet am 2.5.2019

Despite the small criticisms that I may have against outlook, I usually take this mail and use it for everything, I register in pages, I give it to my acquaintances and I even use it at work because I can use it directly in my laptop, and that saves me a lot of time.

Microsoft Outlook is a good mail system, which allows you to manage your emails quickly and easily. Among its advantages we have that it presents constant updates, presents integration to skype and one drive, and also thanks to the fact that they belong to Microsoft, allows to use the office tools online.

Among the elements that I like the least is the environment that is not as nice as in other emails, in addition your security system for spam seems not to be properly configured by default.

Thearith M.
  • Branche: Bekleidung & Mode
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Good and stable email client

Bewertet am 8.9.2021

Microsoft outlook is the best email client and it is the product of Microsoft that we easily to integrate with Microsoft environment such as exchange online console, onedrive...

This software is good and stable, have many plug-in to install or enable from Microsoft exchange online from the admin console. It easy to use even new users can operate it easily.

Microsoft outlook sometimes it freeze when you open large attachment or search older emails. You need to restart it to make it usable.

WPS Office

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft Outlook

More reliable and faster support. Always get new fix or new function.
  • Branche: Computer-Vernetzung

A look at Outlook

Bewertet am 23.2.2021

When we're all experience is I would have to say on the positive side I use it daily and I have faith and it has never let me down and I believe in its security

The thing I liked most is the security that comes with Microsoft Outlook. They keep your email very secure and help with identity theft and also encrypt your email. Sometimes that can be a hassle but security is better than not having it just so you can get into your email faster.

What I like least is using Microsoft on an Android or Chromebook platform. You have to be signed in to your outlook and integrate it through your Chromebook to be in order to be able to send emails.

Google Alerts

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft Outlook

I feel that Microsoft is a quality product and I've used it since it came out and I am familiar with it.
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Untern. Größe: 5 001-10 000 Mitarbeiter

My mailbox got a lot more organized

Bewertet am 7.9.2020

It was easy to use and totally worth it. Would recommend!

The section that separates the focused mail from the others is really helpful. It helps look at the important emails first, before going through the others.

It was kind of different from Gmail my initial choice, so took time to adjust. The layout was kind of different, but I got used to it in a week.

Nicole B.
  • Branche: Einzelhandel
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Best quality for company usage.

Bewertet am 26.8.2021

Overall Microsoft has an ease that brings you comfort when you are using any producr from them. I have even been able to make power points for my website. Email i cant brag enough about.

It was easy for me to convert everything to outlook from my emails to my spread sheets. The email is the best. Easy to use and no crashes like most of the other companies.

Theres nothing that i dont like with this product. It always works, no issues, i can always access my accounts and files.

Brianna C.
  • Branche: Versicherung
  • Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great for work or personal!

Bewertet am 31.8.2021

I am solving being able to have an additional way for my clients to contact me!

I love the search filter. I always keep all my emails - I use the search filter to refer back to an email for a client that I may need. I also like that I can customize my signature for my work place. It helps the client know who I am and where they are able to contact me!

I think they could work on being able to customize it a little more to make it more to each individuals liking.

Mariah B.
  • Branche: Chemikalien
  • Untern. Größe: Selbstständig

Easy to

Bewertet am 28.9.2021

It's been great nothing to complain about always has been my favorite

It's free to use with very few ads been using this software since I was 12 and I'm 33 now very loyal to this brand

I really can't say I did like anything on this software always been my go to my main email usege...

Sabharish K.
  • Untern. Größe: 5 001-10 000 Mitarbeiter

Truly an enterprise level communications solution, much more than just emails!

Bewertet am 8.10.2020

Overall, it is a great product packed with capabilities and is constantly improving by the day. It forms the foundation for any successful work environment and the parent company Microsoft is very good about listening to their users feedback and offering solutions in a timely manner as well.

I'm going to begin with the ease of use and how there is virtually no connectivity issues. Some of my favorite features are the integrations with other tools in the Microsoft Suite like Teams, SharePoint, Delve, Analytics, Stream, OneDrive etc. I love the calendar capabilities and scheduling assistant that quickly helps me find available times. The search bar is excellent and returns valuable and accurate results. Some of the analytics offered by outlook is also very helpful as it tells me how long on average I spend writing/reading emails, in meetings etc. vs how much focus time I actually have to work. Automation is another huge area that adds a lot of value. Being able to set automatic replies and make it custom as needed. Outlook also allows to create generic groups and inboxes and listservs very easily.

Grouping emails is still pretty difficult and manual. If outlook would create themes or containers based on the content in the email or the subject line, it would make it more easier for me to prioritize. Also which emails need my attention immediately vs the ones that can wait a bit longer. I've had a lot of trouble with rescheduling meetings and that sending the right timely updates to the invitees. Sometimes it is delayed and sometimes never goes out and Outlook sometimes does have some syncing issues as well. Creating signatures for different purposes was also slightly difficult. No way to unsend an email still and that would be helpful.

Jason J.

Probably the best email tool out there, if you are tech savvy enough to use it.

Bewertet am 7.12.2018

Microsoft Outlook is full of far more features than most email clients. I really like being able to set automatic replies when I am away from work. I like the number of plugins compatible with Outlook. If you have a Microsoft Exchange inbox, Outlook makes it very easy to set up your email, without having to deal with POP/IMAP settings. The ability to share contact groups among other employees comes in very handy. Most importantly, at least for our company, it can store an extremely large amount of emails before causing the software to become unstable.

Outlook is not without its problems. It tends to be filled with randomly occurring bugs. I often have to use the inbox repair tool provided by Outlook for our employees. Some are caused by overwhelming amounts of emails being stored offline, which is understandable. Often, however, other bugs appear randomly. Sometimes Outlook is just suddenly unable to start, despite not having to load a large amount of data and requires the use of the inbox repair tool. Most recently I was unable to make an employee's laptop able to send emails until I downgraded him from Outlook 2016 to 2013. The support for problems such as these is very poor. Asking questions on the Microsoft forum often results in a generic list of things to try that any IT Manager would have already thought to try. One last point of criticism is Outlook's handling of POP3 protocol. Many users who were originally connected to Outlook via POP3 noticed their emails would come in bunches, rather than right after they were sent. It's hard to say how much of that is Outlook's fault, but certainly if you are choosing to use Outlook, I would recommend IMAP and Exchange over POP3. Overall, Outlook is a terrific tool, but it would be greatly improved if Microsoft took more time to address its bugs as well as provide better support to their customers.

Yaroslav K.
  • Untern. Größe: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

IF you HATE Gmail - you will LOVE Outlook!

Bewertet am 5.3.2019

I use outlook for my personal projects and work. Generaly, I am working on google ecosystem, but I managed to make it work for me as I have several accounts on google and microsoft and some issues would be inevitable.
Outlook for me is a great email tool that I use when I am in the hurry or ant to create something on the nice software with great interface!

Outlook is am amazing email management tool.
I have started using during my years in the university as it was using microsoft ecosystem.
At first it felt unfriendly after gmail, but after little time I noticed an amazing UI/UX, I played around to discover the possibilities, extentions and functionality and it is awesome!

All you have about gmail is simply gone here.
Of course, it has some flaws, but in general, it give you everything in terms of email management (personal or business)

Microsoft ecosystem in general is a drawback here. If you are a poweruser like myself, you are probably familiar, how hard it is to switch from one ecosystem to another. Yes, outlook is great, but is onedrive better then google drive? - hard to say. Many people like google drive.
And now we have google photos as well, and google calendar. All work perfectly together and if you switch to outlook, something might be lost.
This is the biggest drawback.

Overal, outlook is very nice product and I am happy to see its evolution into something better each year!

• Branche: Tiefbau
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great software for working professionals

Bewertet am 4.9.2021

I am very happy with Microsoft Outlook. The web application is good but the windows application is the best. I have been using it as my school account and now at the company. Overall I am very happy with the product. It's easy to use for anyone. You can simply attach pictures into the body of the email which can then be viewed by the receiver without having to download them first.

It's easy to use and setup. You can register your microsoft account, school email account, office account or any 3rd party account. When sending email with picture attachments, you can copy them into the text area and these can be directly viewed in the email body without having to download them to my machine. Also archiving is super easy with multiple options of applying rules as to which emails need to be archived. I used it when I was in school and now I am using it professionally, and I am happy with it.

I am not sure if this can be done but I would like to see email recall option if the reciever has not opened the email yet. This saves space on the cloud if I have sent a wrong email and need to correct and resend. Also, it would help in avoiding miscommunication since the old and erroneous email would be deleted from the inbox.

Tia G.
  • Branche: Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge
  • Untern. Größe: 5 001-10 000 Mitarbeiter

Easy interface, reliable and our company's email system used for private healthcare communicati...

Bewertet am 9.2.2021

As mentioned, Outlook is our main line of communication for our whole agency that is 5,000 plus employees and thats not counting the numerous outside providers we communicate with, with confidence that our communications are secure and private, there are many features we use in combination with this program. It has been sufficient and reliable for our entire agency.

Outlook is the trusted software our agency uses to communicate very sensitive information about our individuals and their care, knowing it is safe and private. There are many features of Microsoft software that we use such as Teams, Calendar, SharePoint, One Drive to coordinate meetings and care for our individuals served as well as share many documents agency wide in one place for all to access. The interface is easy to navigate and learn, there are many little features to customize your profile, emails etc.

On some occasions we have had little difficulty setting our automatic response messaging when going on vacation or will be out of the office, it will say that the feature is on but when you send a test email from a co-worker's email it doesn't always work. Probably a glitch as it doesn't always happen, just on occasion. Other than that I have had no other difficulties using Outlook.

• Branche: Versicherung
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

My professionally used email app

Bewertet am 30.9.2021

The experience has been great!

The features I like the most about this software are the way meeting invites getting automatically sent to recently deleted folders and if needed could be retrieved. These emails are not being sent to the actual "inbox" folder and this is a great feature as the inbox folder could only contain important emails. I even like the way I can see people's calendars for setting up meetings and if needed conversing with them. I even like the way folders could be created and emails could be managed with the help of these.

The least I like about this software is it getting closed suddenly and also a message or a pop-up not being shown to the email sender after being sent successfully as sent/still sending etc. They were 2 instances when I sent important emails and I thought they went but the next day I realized that they actually haven't. Both the times I immediately closed my system after sending my emails-probably I might have checked if they successfully went or not by probably waiting a minute or more and checking if the email successfully went through or not.

Rahul A.
  • Branche: Personalwesen

Great Email Client for companies on Microsoft Environment

Bewertet am 25.9.2019

Overall, Outlook is great. if you are looking forward to move to Microsoft environment, I would highly recommend using Outlook.

We use Microsoft environment in our corporation and Outlook plays a crucial role in it. Easy to use, secured and very powerful in terms of functionalities, contact syncing across platforms and devices and also native integration with google translator and other add-ons makes Outlook very functional.

Sometimes Outlook doesnt provide notifications for email and the desktop app doesnt show few emails. I am pretty sure Microsoft is working on these issues but rest it's a great and functional app.

Gmail

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Microsoft Outlook

Mainly because of pricing and GDPR issues
Tanuj D.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Best app for organizing your emails, events etc

Bewertet am 22.12.2020

I am overall satisfied with the product. I feel that there are a lot of features provided which are helpful to organize mails and other stuff. There are integrations with the word and Excel which makes things much more convenient as you can just preview the materials attached without downloading any additional software for the same. There is also an integration with One Drive in case you want to attach something which is more than the allowed size.

My company and my university has a tie up with Microsoft products. So, we have Outlook as our email client. It's very helpful in organising emails and customising the email firewall to remove spam emails. Additionally it has integrations with all of the best Microsoft products like Word, Excel, One drive which makes it much more convenient and efficient to use. There's also a mobile application for Outlook where we can keep two different accounts logged in which is a very handy feature for me to stay updated with all the emails and my schedule.

There are a few desktop features which are only available to paid users. The email organization features could be more helpful if they were like Gmail.

An Integrated Email Solution

Bewertet am 12.2.2021

I have continued to learn more and more about how to be productive using Microsoft Outlook, which has been a huge help for my work day. I look forward to seeing the new features that they roll out in the future!

Microsoft Outlook is just another facet of Microsoft's office suite, and it's in good company. Outlook as an email client is reliable, straight-forward, and engaging. When viewed in the context of the Office suite (especially within Office 365), it is a powerhouse. It is deeply integrated with the variety of software from Microsoft, including video chat, file storage, and scheduling solutions. This creates a seemingly all-in-one solution that is an invaluable part of my work day.

Because of this variety of features and integrations, it can be a little intimidating to figure out what everything does. It takes a little toying around with, but you will eventually get the hang of it. Personally, I still struggle with occasional errant keystrokes that will Archive, or even Delete an email. I've learned to keep a close eye on the buttons I hit when in my Inbox (and on my emails, too!).

• Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Review of Microsoft Outlook

Bewertet am 6.8.2021

I use Microsoft Outlook very week to check my school stuff. I like how easy it is to categorize emails in Microsoft Outlook. It's pretty handy to be able to reach my calendar through it directly. The updates are very smooth as well. The web version and the app version are both good, but on the phone, filtering is not as easy as the web one.

Microsoft Outlook is probably the best email tool out there. University of Ottawa switched from Gmail to Microsoft Outlook about one or two years ago. I like the features that Microsoft Outlook separates all incoming emails into "Focused" and "Other" categories. Of course, it also has main inbox, junk, spam, deleted, etc., but the main two categories make me check me emails easier.

I do not have many complaints about Microsoft Outlook. Overall, it does a good jobs and meets my requirements, but it is not very friendly to a beginner user. For instance, I have no idea how the recall function works and where it is located. Also, I find sometimes Microsoft Outlook is slow in terms of searching and sending emails. I don't enjoy much that sometimes it takes a long time to send an email. Maybe it is my internet's problems.

Joshua M.
  • Branche: Druck
  • Untern. Größe: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Microsoft Outlook Is An Expansive Professional Collaboration Tool With Room to Scale.

Bewertet am 25.2.2019

Overall, Outlook offers both incredible web and mobile experiences. The ability to switch between devices on the platform is incredibly seamless. Our company uses Outlook the most out of any other email / communication tool and we are extremely pleased with the platform. We are a large international organization and Outlook offers incredible stability and reliability for communicating across continents!

Microsoft Outlook does a really great job of offering one of the most expansive user experiences out there. One can customize their inbox in a myriad of ways and set up automations in order to make workflow more productive. The tool offers extensive ways to communicate information, schedule meetings, and integrate other business tools within the platform. Furthermore, being able to organize an inbox or inboxes is very easy and efficient.

Microsoft Outlook is incredibly expansive. Therefore, it takes quite a bit of time in order to fully explore all the possibilities. Furthermore, menus can be a bit confusing for new end-users. I would recommend each business to spend ample time fully training-out end-users in the tool in order to fully gain the benefits from the service. I think there is a lot of value that can be lost when Outlook is used for the sole purpose of emailing.

Muhammad J.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

Best Email Configuration and Offline Applicatio

Bewertet am 14.1.2020

Outlook Microsoft application is very streamlined application and working very seamlessly, Outlook also allows me to arrange my emails to be separated not only by inbox

Microsoft outlook is our secure and backbone plus primary source of email application in which you can configure any email domain or account, within one application you can configure multiple accounts where you can easily get all your email at one place, and very fast exchange of email collaboration, it is our primary place f email communication for our organization and all users, we are using in our all department, and see this is is one of the best service which will not be going down, it also allow us for group distribution of information via mail group, we can also reservation of conference rooms once send an email to room email, we are loving it

Every time whenever we can not receive an emails because of any reason we must have to click on send and receive button which i personally don't like it , why it can not sync automatically

Vivek M.
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Untern. Größe: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Good App for sending email and receiving email

Bewertet am 26.11.2020

Microsoft outlook is a great app for sending and receiving email. Although it has some limitations which I mentioned above, still would like to use it as it's a good app and easy to use even for a new user.

This apps gives the flexibility to send and receive email even if you don't have a web browser. The delay delivery option is a good feature I like most about it. From the option menu, we can select the time of delivery of the email and we can send an email even we are not on the computer. Another thing which I like is the popout feature while typing the email. We can pop out the box and write an email. Microsoft Outlook also gives different types of fonts, formant painter option which are of the best feature of Microsoft Outlook. We can even archive email on our local harddisk if our space is full in cloud.

Although this app is good, it has some limitations. We can link only outlook with it. We can't link any other email from it. Also, sometimes it has syncing issues and it requires me to restart the computer.

• Branche: Strafverfolgung
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Reliable email provider with some room for improvement

Bewertet am 30.8.2021

Overall, I am happy with outlook and will keep using it as long as My organisation is satisfied with it.

I like that there is so much you can do with Outlook: sent out corporate communications, emails, calendar, connect with Teams and other apps like Sharepoint…Also, the security features are strong and make Outlook a great option for large companies that are at higher risk of malware and other cyber security breaches.

However, it can get slow sometimes and the many features it offers can make the interface feel cluttered.

Mohammad iqbal K.
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Outlook is best for emails

Bewertet am 28.1.2021

I have a wonderful experience of using Microsoft Outlook for daily email communications in office. I always found it a easy to use for regular emails. However, for composing multiple replicas of same email at the same time in multiple windows cause it slow.

Microsoft Outlook is an import element in Microsoft Office Suite. It is best and most common software for email communication in office. It is easy to install, setup and use.

The compose / new email windows open separately. It would be better if it comes option to switch between new tab or new window.