1.145 Bewertungen
Stephen B.

Fantastic Practice Management Solution

Bewertet am 6.7.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Clio's intuitive design is easy to use for anyone from the tech savy to the "how do I turn this thing on" person. They are constantly adding features and functionality to the software solution making the administrative side of practicing law much easier and less time consuming. Clio's support team is always quick to respond and is always friendly and helpful. The growing list of integrations is definite plus and gives us the ability to extend the already great functionality to the next level. And if you are into coding, you can always create a custom integration to suit your needs.

Really the only complaint I have about Clio is the reporting capabilities. While it has some great canned reports within the interface, there is no ability to customize reports to massage out information that would be useful to my practice. We make do, of course, but this has been my complaint for some time now. Last time I checked there was a pay integration that allowed for more robust reporting but adding yet another subscription isn't appealing when it would be relatively easy for Clio to add this capability to their platform.

Candace S.

Clio Has Made the Start of My New Law Firm Even More Successful

Bewertet am 29.10.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Clio takes case management to a whole new level! Not only does it help me better organize my files and tasks, but it helps me quickly go between several tasks and files with ease. Clio helps me make the most of each and every day by its easy time management options - making bills quick and easy! Utilizing Clio Manage with Clio Grow has been the perfect setup that I needed as I started my own firm. There is no question that I am better managing my clients and my practice with the use of this software.

My favorite feature of Clio is Clio GROW. I got it right from the start along with Clio Manage and I highly recommend it. As a sole practitioner, I need to be able to streamline and automate my intake process. Additionally, I need to keep up with my leads for marketing purposes. Clio Grow has enabled me to be much faster in my response time with new clients. It is very evident to me that my rate of conversion has been substantially increased with the utilization of Grow and now I cannot imagine my practice without it.

I have seriously not found anything I do not like about this software. I have really practiced with it and have found every feature to be helpful.

Edward D.

Clio is a Must!

Bewertet am 11.12.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, the best time and billing software out there. I have demo'd several and Clio was the clear winner.

Generally Clio changed my practice. The software makes it easy to access critical data which is right on your dashboard, such as billing goals (day/month/year), A/R, actually vs. targeted billing, client and matters, just about everything a lawyer needs at his or her fingertips to make billing easy and efficient.

Sometimes, rarely, I find that info I need or a function I would want cannot be done which makes little sense to me. Also constructing Bills is more cumbersome than it needs to be.

Dario D.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Initially very promising, but recently quickly deteriorating

Bewertet am 12.11.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

(Continued from above) so, the report may say $X, but one would have no idea whether that is for 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, 10 years - you get the picture. I have been raising this issues for a long time now and was today told that it may never be fixed. This is but one example of a clear failure to even understand the topic and the issue at hand. Clio was not like this before, so I suspect that something has changed at the company. Perhaps critical people leaving (and I have noticed that some people have left), perhaps financial difficulties, perhaps something else.

Overall, if I was asked a year ago about Clio, I would wholeheartedly recommend it. Currently, it would only be prudent to recommend to avoid it, at least until the situation at Clio changes, if it does change.

Clio could be, and indeed was for a long time, a fairly good and overall well featured application. As with any application, it did not have everything covered, but was slowly improving and adding features. In other words, it was a decent application that was getting better.

As of few months ago, Clio, put simply, started going backwards, and fast. Features that existed for years and worked perfectly, were either intentionally removed or broken and no longer worked. The number of bugs has increased exponentially. I used to discover a bug once every few months in the past. These days, almost every day I have to report new bugs or follow up on the existing and unresolved ones. In the past, any reported issues were addressed and resolved quickly. Now, you still get emails in response, but the emails are more of the scripted/lip service type and most issues do not get resolved at all, including critical issues relating to basic features that used to work fine in the past.

As I am not an insider to Clio, I am not sure what the reason is, but from many recent interactions with Clio support and their answer, it seems to me that there is no one at Clio who has their hand on the pulse or any control over the "technical team" or the "development team". From responses I get, it sounds like the "developers" run the place and if they do not think that something is important, it will not get done or fixed. To give you a concrete example, an important financial report was working fine in the past and, as one would expect, it was showing the period to which the report relates. Some months ago, when "updating" that report to a "new" report, they removed the period of the report field, so, believe it or not, the report now does not show which period it relates to

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 0.0/10

Ginger P.

Exceptional Value.

Bewertet am 4.11.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Exceptional, professional, easy to use, easy to learn. Simply far more wonderful than I ever expected.

The time and billing program is easy to use. Keeps you on track to bill clients timely, accurately reflects you day, unbilled time as well as billed time. Highly functional. Exceptional Customer Service. This is the best decision I made in years.

I do not have any Cons about the program. I wish I used it daily in the beginning of my learning curve.

L raymond M.

Best management decision ever

Bewertet am 20.12.2020

Outstanding.

Clio saved my practice when I went solo in 2013. I could have retired, but I was still loving what I do. Just before my partner decided he no longer wanted to practice, we implemented Clio. My net income went up 50% from having a partner to working solo. His loss was barely noticed. When I took on a new partner in 2019, he was convinced in large part because we subscribe to Clio.

Tiered pricing. There are features I'd like, but the higher tier price does not justify the move.

Will S.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Excellent and affordable option, especially for smaller firms

Bewertet am 21.10.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very positive, and we look forward to continuing to use the products.

Great support and excellent cloud-based option at a very reasonable price. Glad to see regular improvements and updates, taking user feedback into account.

Document and task sharing, as well as email storage could be streamlined. For example, storing the full email file under the communications tab, so that users can respond to emails directly from there when opened. Also, does not print receipts from the transaction tab (you have to create manually first to print).

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 9.0/10

Desislava Y.

The Best Practice Management

Bewertet am 19.10.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great experience, great customer service, easy navigation and the best thing is that Clio keeps working to improve the platform and make it more helpful for us.

Easy to use features. Email log in, billing and everything you can think of. I can't really distinguish between the great features as they are all very important.

court forms templates, reminders for payment automatically generated from unpaid bills.

Dee dee P.

Satisfied Customer

Bewertet am 23.12.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Love it!! So easy to manage my caseload!!

Very user friendly...really like to features!! Was very easy to learn!!

I like it all...nothing negative to say about Clio!! Would highly recommend it!!

Anthony N.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Some good but behind the times

Bewertet am 27.10.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

Its great for time keeping and billing, its decent for calendars, its pitiful for Office 365 integration. Wish I had chosen something else.

The time keeper and calendar work very well. Tech support is generally very quick to respond to issues. Platform has been very stable. Phone app works well enough

Email integration with Outlook is awful. You can quickly save an email to Clio but that's it. You cannot forward an email out of Clio, or respond to an email out of Clio. To forward or respond to an email you have to go back to Outlook. You also cannot forward a document out of Clio via email, though can set up a share file. No Adobe integration. Word integration is marginal via Clio Launcher. Word integration could be greatly improved with an actual Word add-in that can be placed in the ribbon

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 4.0/10

Amy L.

Satisfied Clio user for 5+ years, recently purchased for additional firm

Bewertet am 10.9.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

I am very satisfied with Clio as an online time management option. If you want/need to be 100% in-the-cloud, I would choose and recommend this program most highly to other firms. I prefer it to Bill4Time, CosmoLex, TimeSlips (not online). It also has things I like better than Prolaw (which also is not online).

I don't use many of the advanced features Clio offers like integrations, Clio payments or even calendar, tasks because of the way may firms are set up. So, I can't speak to those features.

I like Clio's simplicity and intuitiveness best. It really is the easiest time management program I have used. If you want to get up and running, like, literally, now, you can purchase Clio online with a push of a button and have open matters and clients/contact in minutes. I originally chose this product 5+ years ago for a small firm I manage, after looking at most of the online time management products on the market. I chose it specifically because it seemed the easiest in which to enter time. One of the attys I work with isn't great with a keyboard. Clio time entry required the least amount of effort, was the easiest to navigate and simplest to look at. But after using Clio, as well as, other online time management products (I manage a few small law firms), I really appreciate the easy of creating and EDITING invoices, which I do extensively at my firms. Lastly, I recently utilized Clio's FREE migration services to move from another online software, which I did not like. The migration took one hour on the phone, one day for them to migrate, and was pretty seamless! I've migrated data a few times (Prolaw and CosmoLex) and this was by FAR the easiest. The customer service is always great, even though I don't have to use it often because Clio is so simple to use.

Only 1. I haven't mastered LEDES ebililng on Clio yet. At one of my firms, we do only LEDES98 ebilling. If you don't know what this is, stop reading, you will not experience this minor Con. I am having trouble perfecting the LEDES98 txt files and uploading them. Granted, this is my first month of e-billing on Clio at this firm, so I'm sure customer service will correct it for me. It's just that a few other time management programs I have used had no LEDES glitches and uploaded perfectly the first time.

The price is also high for small firms. But all online billing programs are.

Lindsay H.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great software and user friendly!

Bewertet am 21.7.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: SoftwareAdvice

My overall experience has been great! They are always making sure to take the next step in integrations and constantly keep their software up to date and secure.

I liked how the IT team literally walked me through the entire set-up/integration. To be 100% honest, they recovered & transferred my crashed billing entries from Timeslips into their system. There are so many positives re: Clio software that I cannot pick what I like most; however, the Quick Bill & Payment Plan features are very convenient. Oh, I can't write a review and not mention the LawPay integration. That is also a great feature!

I hate when I am asked for instructions on setting up their client portal because I have no instructions to give them. I wish Clio had a .pdf that I could hand to every new client. I also wish there were more options re: billing history printouts for the Court. This is VERY important when asking for ATTY fees.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 8.0/10

Richard F.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Split personality software - two steps for the function of one

Bewertet am 9.6.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Clio allow you to generate bills - take payments online - and has a rudimentary accounting system.

Clio is quite robust with many functions geared for law offices. Much of the thrust is for multiple lawyer offices ( which makes sense) and some also work for solo firms (my office is a solo office). There is a forms component which is poorly integrated with Clio. It does allow you to create an online fillable form - but the steps to have that information fed into your database for the practice is cumbersome and not intuitive. Yo are using two independent programs - which is unlike both Practicve Panther and My Case. In the other two the feed into the database is direct - no two programs - no multiple steps to move rom one database to another.

As mentioned, the multiple step s needed to use the forms - and the cost for that portion of the platform - make this a terrible choice. If you want to use forms as questionares and to populate your database - and update the database - by client input - this is definitely NOT the platform to use.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 5.0/10

Þorsteinn H.

clio law DATA management

Bewertet am 28.5.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Support easy super good. Clio fixed problems with non english characters in days, Timemattes did not fix it in 20 years we have been complaining.
Clio has extremely good search features and all sorts of filtering. For instance universal search that goes through matters, contacts, events, notes, tasks, time/expenses logs, documents content, doc, names, and communications (emails, sec. mess, phone log).

clio portal for clients, e sign easy to make form-documents connects to IP phone etc.

Faster law is a must I would say. To make a great package even better we subscribed also to Faster Law which has done a fantastic add on to Clio. There you get tools to capture your time automatically, the programs keeps track on how long you spend working on case files, e mails etc. in different cases and suggests billable time for that. There is a lot more like file handling, better way to link e mails, save and link attachments and files, you can explore your files on Clio’s serves in you file explorer.

For us the program has changed everything in the workflow to the better. In our opinion Clio’s forte is how flexible it is. Every law firm has its own different way of organizing workflow and Clio can accommodate for that, at least our whims and quirks which we have abundant of. The program is like potty in your hand. You mold and sculp the program according to your own special needs in the workflow. The only barrier is your own imagination. You decide how information is inserted, in what order and form and how it is presented. You make your own work procedures. You can organize and make chains of tasks beforehand and set the relevant type of chain of tasks to fit the case you are working on. Then, there and now, the future workflow is decided and set for that case.

You can not copy matters/cases and clients. It is not easy to move data fram TM to clio. We decided not to to it. Integration between outlook calander and clio calander does not work, it is so slow it is not usable. But the integration between google cal and clio cal is excellent.

Patrick H.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Clio, the best all purpose attorney software, bar none...

Bewertet am 21.4.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Outstanding experience with something for everyone just depending on one's level of interest and need.

Functionality is nearly universal while specially and jusisdiction costomization is great.
Easy law firm branding and pre sale marketing is brilliant.
Support is outstanding and the Premium Support even better for speedy, live agent help.
Cost is reasonable and many available plans on their menu of options.
Clio grows nicely with solid feature burstsoften free to it's users.
Excellent and often updated/enlarged mobile App across all usual platforms: Appke, Android, Windows...
Superior online instant pay clientbinvoucing, and client trust account requests
The wide assortment of excellent and Rock solid 3rd party software affiliations is very impresdive.

I was fortunate to have free help migrating my existing, Timeslips database compiled over many years but it ain't quite so free today...Also, I'm still not a fan of the communications tools for clients and othes not subscribed to Clio.

Thad S.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Security is lacking for the accounting side. Otherwise it's a very good software.

Bewertet am 3.4.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have been with Clio since about the middle of October 2019 (today is April 3, 2020) and we are mostly pleased. I think that most case management software works on the same theory: a contact (person or enterprise) can have several different matters (cases). Like most users, we just want it to work and it does (with the exception of the accounting problem described above).

Clio has so many helpful features and integrations that it could take a year or two just to get a small to medium-size office up to speed with using all the features.

However, UNTIL CLIO FIXES THE ACCOUNTING SECURITY PROBLEM, DO NOT SWITCH FROM YOUR CURRENT PROGRAM.

-It has very robust features and integrations.
- I love that the document repository is built-in and built into the price.
- Tech support is good via chat, so I can resolve issues quickly.
-Because it's the leading player in cloud-based case management, it seems like integrations are more numerous.
-Only on rare occasions have I seen the software go off-line or slow down.
-The outlook and word integrations are robust.
-It's easy to find experts who work with Clio because it's such a significant player. We are now setting up operations with a Clio expert bookkeeper. We could not do that when we used a competitor program called PracticePanther.

1. EMBEZZLERS PARADISE. Clio's accounting security settings allow anyone who can make a receipt for receiving a payment also to be able to EDIT that payment afterward. So, a dishonest employee could make a receipt for $500 cash, pocket $300, and then go back and edit that receipt to be only $200. Right now are using carbon copy receipts as a workaround, but that's not very professional or 21st century. CLIO, YOU GOTTA GET IT TOGETHER AND FIX THIS.

That same security setting described above also allows users with that setting to see a client's balance before their case is submitted (as a flat fee immigration firm, we want to be paid before the case is finished). Clio supposedly tried to fix this by allowing a balance to be viewed without being able to edit payments but that feature it doesn't work.

2. It would be nice to see a texting feature to verify appointments within Clio. Other cloud-based case management does that. With Clio you have to buy another program for texting.

3. It would be nice if we could see all communications for each matter just by clicking on the contact. It is something that Clio should make as a feature that can be turned on and off. It would work better for our firm because we represent individuals in immigration cases that could have three or four different matters.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 7.0/10

Laurie T.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Great functionality and awesome customer service

Bewertet am 20.2.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Clio has allowed us all to access information we need from one place and pull customized reports that allow for better business planning. Honestly, it's one of the most user friendly client database software that I've ever used.

What I like most about Clio and it's developers is that when there is a feature you believe would be a great enhancement and you suggest it to them, it seems like not long thereafter you have that enhancement.

I cannot think of anything I don't like, honestly.

Tanya mitchell G.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Clio has changed my life!

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 4.2.2020
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My CFO's timed has been freed up tremendously because we now bill with Clio and she does not have to enter time from all users into a similar computer software. We all can work from anywhere and capture our time with the Clio app! Love it!

I love the functionality of Clio, and how we can manage time for each user on multiple devices. I not longer have to keep up with my start time for a task, my completion time, the calculation with what portion of an hour was teh time, or completing timesheets for a billing professional to then enter into a software to generate client invoices. Additionally, the billing process has been simplied and can be run from any computer. Further, the ability to keep up with each staff member's productivity is AWESOME! Clio has definitely changed my legal life!

Getting acclimated was sort of difficult because my rep was new at the time. The regular support team helped us with the remaining onboarding.

Eileen noon M.

Why I find a Clio essential

Bewertet am 2.1.2020

Terrific.

Why I find a Clio essential Is as a sole proprietor of a small business, Clio operates as my check and balance. The small law firm I was at prior to going on my own used Clio and while I do not use all the features because I do mostly appointed work, the features I do use are essential on assuring me I am on top of my game 99.44% of the time.

As a very busy person, what I like least about Clio is it operates as a reminder to me that I could probably do a lot more if I ever took the day or two to get all the educated on how to do some of the things I do in a rather long handled manner. I am 60 years old and have been a lawyer for 33 years. I recommend Clio to many of the young lawyers I know just starting out or only a few years in the practice to help them ensure themselves they’re keeping track of their time, their appointments, their clients etc. I point out any problem I’ve ever had with Clio was quickly addressed and fixed and that I couldn’t be happier. I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me.

Richard G.

Best Decision I made was to make the switch

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Easier to manage all aspects of a case with CLIO

Easy to use, customer support is awesome, helpful tutorial videos and great client experience. I have received multiple compliments on the style and ease of paying on-line.

It was not syncing with QuickBooks when posting to CLIO but that may have been addressed recently. I need to check with my bookkeeper.

Margy W.

The Future of Cloud Computing in the Legal Industry

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Clio has been really helpful organizing a small solo practice and getting that attorney up and running, and then expanding their practice accordingly. It's a great, central location for file management, and being able to use Quickbooks and Clio for billing is spectacular. Clio's client support is stellar, and that is worth a LOT when it comes to case management. Overall, Clio is an excellent choice, and even with my complaints, I do believe it is the standard for the future.

I really do believe that Clio is the future of legal cloud computing and practice/file management. It's a functional piece of software that allows attorneys and legal staff to manage cases with ease. There are a few things that I find to be useful with Clio:
1. Clio integrates with tons of other software options, including Grow (a CRM management tool). Keeping things "in the family" is really useful and speeds up management.
2. Clio's billing functionality is really nice. It's one of the more functional back end management tools I've seen, and I really like the way it works. You can integrate it with Quickbooks for easy accounting, which we really appreciate and which looks great on the user end (for clients, when they receive bills).
3. Clio sports a really professional interface, which just looks nice when you're working. It looks grown up and sleek, so if someone peeks over your shoulder or you're working while in the vicinity of clients, it doesn't have a preschool feeling to it.
4. Most important - Clio's customer support is incredible. Have an issue? There are videos you can watch, or people you can talk to. They will literally stay on the phone with you for hours as you troubleshoot issues together, or learn something new. Top notch, seriously.

I do have a few gripes about Clio. If these were addressed, it would get a 5-star rating from me:
1. Mouseclicks. Clio requires so. many. mouseclicks. It is infuriating at times. I realize this sounds stupid, but over time, they add up. I am a huge fan of efficiency, and Clio is one of the most inefficient programs I've used.
2. Workflows. I really enjoy using workflows to track various projects. Clio sucks at workflows. A complete rework of how they approach them, and how they look for interface with the staff who are responsible for executing, would go a LONG WAY toward making Clio a more useful application. I think workflows are really the topic that causes Clio to lag behind other software out on the market. I would like to see something in place that allows a user to create a workflow, move tasks around in the list, add subtasks to tasks, and assign triggering dates, secondary dates, etc. It would also be useful to be able to assign various tasks to various users. Until that's in place, I'll be sad about using Clio.
3. A central location for performing various functions. Clio does have a left-hand toolbar that allows you to do SOME things, but not ALL things. It would be good if, from the left-hand menu, I could do each discrete thing that I can do in Clio by clicking a mouse a zillion times. Once that happens, I'll be happier.
4. Document management. I'm out of room, but it is not idea. Too much downloading/uploading. Dropbox is better (for collaborati

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 7.0/10

Christopher P.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

A good product, getting better all the time

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 21.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My overall experience with CLIO has been very positive. Having a system that tracks my cases, especially my time management, has been essential. While I don't love the algorithm used in the metrics, as opposed to just showing me what I have done and earned in whole minutes and dollars, having those metrics lets me see how close I am to meeting my goals. And the billing software is incredible and easy to use.

Most of all, I like that the CLIO team seems to understand that there is always room for improvement and is asking its customers and users for feedback, and actually makes improvements. I have been using CLIO for only a year, and CLIO has had two significant improvements in that time, both that were in my view positive adjustments of an already good product. CLIO is some monolithic and static program that you have to take as it is; it continues to grow and improve with user input.

CLIO does all of the basic things that a lawyer needs a case management software system to do - keeps track of clients, cases, related persons, keeps a calendar of events, even does billing in all the ways a lawyer bills a client. I especially like the document generation software, which allows our firm to efficiently create a large number of similar documents, motions, and other pleadings for our cases. Finally, I appreciate CLIO's ability to customize fields for contacts and matters.

CLIO is missing some things that I took for granted in other software, the biggest being warning the user when a scheduling conflict occurs on the calendar. For a busy litigation practice that spans several counties in my state, having a automatic conflict warning when I am scheduling would be extremely helpful in ensuring I am never double-booked.

One of the things I hope CLIO will consider improving in the future is making their document templates able to be organized or with a search function. As an attorney who works in criminal court, family, court probate court, and civil court, I generate a lot of different documents, and its always a chore going through the list to find the one I need. Even organizing documents by category, which CLIO also permits users to customize as needed, would be an improvement in efficiency.

A final thought for improving CLIO would be in the Contacts system, adding a checkbox to permit the use of a work address and other contact information for the contact, both when creating a contact from scratch, or when adding a new contact under a Matter as a related person. Right now, whenever I add a new police officer in my criminal defense cases, even though I have their police department in my contacts, I have to type out the address, phone number, website, etc. in the new officer's contact. A checkbox would save me a great deal of time, or just add the employer contact information as the contact's work addresses as a default.

Weiterempfehlungsquote: 9.0/10

Sean L.

Best feature set available

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very positive; I love the software.

Clio integrates with so much other software to make your life easier that is just can't be beat. Saving emails via Outlook, generating document templates, collecting e-signatures on engagement agreements—whatever you need, Clio has it.

I can also run billing, monitor bill payments, and overall run the entire law firm with minimal effort, minimal time commitment, and with confidence that everything is running smoothly.

There are some smaller points that can drive you insane. For example, you cannot customize the look of the emails that go out when you share matters, bill, etc. with your clients. If you—like me—transition from a solo practitioner to running a small law firm, you will eventually need to open new bank accounts. Clio will not let you eliminate the old bank accounts and start from scratch. You can't even force the old bank accounts to be otherwise "invisible" to the system so that you cannot accidentally record money moving into a defunct account. This is a minor complaint, but man does it drive me insane.

I also still want to see a task assignment that allows me to set a supervisor for each assigned task.

Sue F.

Clio's billing system

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, our experience with Clio's billing system has been positive - everyone likes the time entry. We are glad we went to Clio, its so much better than that other program we had been using.

We got Clio specifically for its billing program. Its great that everyone can enter their own time into Clio. I like how Clio does “macros” [they call them “text snippets”]. They work without having to use a code key.

The software is easy to use – for someone like me who is not a bookkeeper and hasn’t done a lot of billing before, it takes a little while to learn how to use it correctly, but once you know how things work, it’s a breeze. The very best thing about Clio, though, is its support staff! They are all great – it doesn’t matter who I’ve talked to they are all quick at getting to the root of my problem and showing me how to fix it. I have called other companies asking questions about their software and sometimes you just don’t believe what they tell you. It has never been that way with Clio – every one of their support staff is very knowledgeable and can quickly set you straight!

Also, Clio is open to suggestions from us and when they get a certain amount of inquiries asking if “they could change this or that”, they will work on it. We have been using Clio for 2 years next month and there are a couple of things they have implemented that we had requested, which is really cool!

Spell checking in the billing software is not what it could be – it does have the little red underlines if it thinks something is misspelled [like Word], which apparently is easy for some people to ignore. It would be better if Clio had its own dictionary and didn’t depend on the one in the browser. In order to do spell checks, we have to: export the time to a CSV file, spread out the column for the description, run a spell check and remember not to correct the errors there, but go back and find each entry in Clio and correct them there. It’s a little time consuming, and depending on how many typos each person makes during the month, it can be very time consuming, but its much better than reading the draft invoices word for word and finding the errors that way. It would be great if Clio could add spell checking so that it can be run in Clio without having to export and go back and forth.

The only other “con” we have with Clio’s billing system is with discounting invoices. It is very easy to discount an invoice by percentage or a dollar amount, but Clio only applies discounts on the total amount of the invoice, including client expenses, not on time spent only, so we usually put in a dollar amount so the discount comes out to the amount we want it to be , although Clio still applies that amount to the entire invoice.

Jared L.
Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Review of Clio use and functionality

Bewertet am 5.11.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have been able to delegate more to my support staff by using the different scheduling and tasking features without giving up on my oversight, since I can verify overdue tasks and completed tasks. Also, my staff has been able to manage my calendar through the case and firm calendar features which allows me to draft more and be able to schedule more hearings.

I am in and out of the office most days and the cloud-based aspect of this software and mobile app allows me to keep track of my schedule, access my matters, and contact clients as needed.

Overall my experience has been excellent; I moved from using 4-5 programs and apps to manage my practice, to using 2 because of the integration in the Clio suite. I have recommended this software to several friends and have help to train some of them on the basics while they were feeling it out.

I like the fact that there are different levels of cost for the need of your business. I started with one user on the lower tier, then moved up to include more options and added a user. I like the fact that not only does it provide billing and payment integration, but, at the time I upgraded, it included the monthly cost to use Law Pay (which I have also found helpful).

I feel there are some personal preferences I would like to use in my reports viewing and accounting. But there was a recent revamp rolled out a few months ago that did address some of my needs. Admittedly, although I have used the product for almost 4 years now, I have not watched all the tutorial videos or called with all of my specific questions, even though with the boutique package there is a dedicated help line.