Clio

Sven
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Nicht empfehlenswert

Bewertet am 3.3.2024

Die Software ist ganz okay, aber für den deutschen Markt nicht geeignet.

Die Software ist ganz okay, aber für den deutschen Markt nicht geeignet.

Ich habe Clio getestet. Clio Grow darf man nur testen, wenn man vorher ein Test Abonnement kostenpflichtig abschließt. Es hat mir nicht zugesagt. Es ist praktisch unmöglich, das Produkt zu kündigen. Die buchen einfach weiter von der Kreditkarte ab, also Vorsicht! Das ist eine Falle.

Betrügerische Abo Abzug Falle. Es gibt keine Möglichkeit, dass einmal abgeschlossene Abonnement zu kündigen. Faxnummer ist nicht angegeben. Meine E-Mails wurden zwar bestätigt, trotzdem wird weiter abgebucht.

Jonathan
Jonathan

Clio is the Leader of the Pack

Bewertet am 9.10.2019

I have been using Clio for about 6 years. It has grown so much in that time. I am very pleased with the direction they have taken the product and I can't wait to see what else they come up with!

Clio is repeatedly at the top of the charts for available features. Clio is constantly working to improve their service and adding new features and functionality. We have had no problems to speak of. Any issues that we have had have been related to finding a particular option or feature.

I wish that Clio would support more advanced document generation. At present, it just does mail-merge-type generation. Substituting fields in Clio with a field indicator in a Word doc. I would love to be able to get rid of HotDocs and use Clio instead, but it just can't match what HotDocs can do. The other feature that I wish it supported is the ability for external uses (clients) to fill out forms or data, which can then be stored in Clio.

Rocket Matter

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Clio has more features, functionality, and integrations than the competition.
Steven
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clio has changed my business model

Bewertet am 23.1.2024

First thing first. Clio's customer and technical support is top notch. They are excellent at getting you started and set up. It only takes a few clicks to get connected to support and once you are connected it is secured using your support code. Clio has helped generate and speed up my intake, processing and document creation dramatically compared to where I was before.

Having my client information, cases, documents, templates and invoicing under one system is a dream come true.

I wish Clio had more in-house created integrations with apps versus using services like Zapier to make the connections and send data from apps or services to Clio. Zapier can be very clumsy and if something gets updated in Clio's software you sometimes have to rebuild the Zapier.

CaseFox

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

It all started with Keap not being able to send text messages anymore. That got me looking at other services. I had watched several videos on Clio a few years back but decided to go the cheaper route with another case management service which ended up not having near as many options inside the system. Clio was the perfect answer to having everything under one roof.

Keap

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Clio has more features and better support.
Kathy
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You cannot rely on anything that employees of Clio tell you to be true.

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

Onboarding was a nightmare, with technical glitches that caused hours and hours of additional work and clean up. Syncing our contacts resulted in the destruction of our already used and curated list. Misrepresentations were made by salespeople as to what the software was capable of doing. As a result of all of that, we were made reasonable promises, in writing, as a condition of our not quitting Clio right then, and cutting our losses and time. Now, the first time a change has come up where that promise needs to be implemented, we were told it would not be honored. This resulted in many more hours of back and forth with "customer service". We have wasted two years of integrating our firm with this company, which we now have to undo to go to another service, costing us untold more hours of work. If they had not offered these promises, we would have left Clio during the onboarding process. Although we would not have been happy with our experience with Clio, we wouldn't have felt as strongly about not doing business with this company. Now, we have no option but to leave this service, because we cannot continue to do business with a company that places such little value on their clients and on the promises that they admit were made.

I have nothing positive to say about Clio at this time. Integrating our firm into their software was a major learning experience, which will guide me with the next software I choose.

The items added in the time that we have been with Clio have caused no improvement to our use of the product, although they use these additions as an excuse for raising their prices significantly. The "client portal" that they added does not even allow you to see if clients have viewed documents, which their old version did. Their new payment system only adds to their profits, so why would they utilize that as an excuse to pass on additional costs to their clients?

Rocket Matter und CARET Legal

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Even though Clio was more expensive than our other final possible choices, we were made representations about what this software could do that exceeded the other offerings in assistance with our needs. However, once we started with Clio, we were immediately told that some of those representations were not functions of Clio at all.

Antwort von Clio

Hi Kathy,
I'm very sorry to hear that about your experience with Clio. A member of our team is contacting you directly with you to work through these challenges
Kind Regards,
Jessica

Stephanie

Very satisfied with Clio

Bewertet am 22.3.2024

Wonderful! I am so glad I purchased this software!

Wonderful! I am so glad I purchased this software!

Clio is easy and effective to use. It has all the features I need to run my law firm and more that I didn't know I would use on a regular basis. The onboarding support was extensive and the support team is prompt and very knowledgeable.

I haven't found anything yet that I don't like about Clio.

Markell

Easy Peasy

Bewertet am 12.12.2023

We really have benefitted from our switch to Clio: we are able to track files better, share calendars better, and invoices don't get forgotten anymore.

We love the invoicing the most - we are sure we have re-captured getting paid for many files we used to not be able to track and get paid for. Now we can send an invoice online and get paid online too. Making a bill is quick and easy, and our staff even thinks fun!

We were considering moving our document storage to Clio, but we couldn't preset files with our folder organization system and it seemed more difficult to attach files to emails, so we didn't end up doing this. Also, when sending an email from Clio, I would prefer that it auto-saves it to the Clio file.

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

Amicus was "clunky" - it was not cloud based, didn't connect with our cell phones (so we couldn't see our calendar), and document management and billing was not easy.

Amicus Attorney

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

The look of the software was very clean and we loved the ability to code different types of events on our calendar by color, that is how we organize our files. It was intuitive and easy to use, while not offering an overwhelming number of services we didn't need.
Saba

Excellent customer service

Bewertet am 28.8.2023

Excellent

Excellent

Support 'Live' is actually live - always available and always helps! This is important because with other companies you're usually on hold on the phone for a long time and then when the do answer - the take a message and 'refer you to the right team' - you're stuck on your task until they call back. When they call back, the caller tells you what to do but can't show you - that's another team. In my working day - its vital that support is given there an then so you can move on.

Integrating it and setting up - this is very time consuming. It would be useful to have I suppose when migrating a one2one live support - somebody spends a day at the firm and sorts all this out. Templates, billing everything you need to get started. That would've been rather helpful.

Taj

Review from a Sole Practitioner

Bewertet am 12.12.2023

It is user-friendly and helps me manage all the essential aspects of my law practice such as time tracking, billing, invoicing and file management. As a sole practitioner, Clio has been invaluable in saving me time on administrative tasks and allowing me to focus more on growing my practice.

There is nothing that I didn’t like, all the components have made my life easier!

PracticePanther Legal Software

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

ESILAW 360 is not user-friendly and they provide minimal customer support.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Clio had a great customer support team that helped with on boarding and answered all of my questions and concerns.
Gabrielle

Great Case Management Software

Bewertet am 23.1.2024

I have had a very positive experience with Clio and I am very satisfied with the product.

Clio is intuitive and easy to use. I also love that the team is forward-thinking and always deploying new features that enhance productivity. As a solo practitioner, Clio grow is exceptional and a tool everyone should be using. I can manage my leads with very little overhead. Additionally, Clio support always goes above and beyond

Initially, I did not understand why Clio Grow and Clio Manage were separate products. However, the integration between the two is seamless, and I have grown to love the distinct nature of the two products.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

The demo for Clio was much more thorough and at the time, Clio's functionality seemed above and beyond
Trish
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A fantastic legal ops product!

Bewertet am 3.2.2024

I've had a great run with Clio. It's packed with features that make my legal work a lot smoother, especially with all the docketing and billing. Plus, their support team is very helpful. It's been a game changer for the firm!

Clio simplifies docketing, billing and keeping client files organized, offering streamlined processes and automation that significantly reduce administrative overhead.

My least favorite aspect of Clio is the separation between Clio Manage and Clio Grow. These platforms offer complementary features essential for client file management and intake processes, yet their division necessitates two separate subscriptions. This separation not only increases costs but also complicates what could be a more streamlined workflow.

Todd
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Long-time user whom,Ike’s the continued innovation

Bewertet am 13.12.2023

I am an unabashed Clio fan. I enjoy it and appreciate the continuing innovation and willingness to listen to users for their ideas and thoughts on features.

Clio’s ability to integrate key features internally - calendaring, invoicing, payment, and communications, along with allowing for third-party programs to work within the eco system make it a very easy to use 1 stop shop.

Sometimes some features are only available at the highest level of service, which while understandable can be hard on younger folks just starting out.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Better suited my needs way back when, and continues to do so.
Stephen

Changed my practice

Bewertet am 20.6.2019

Clio has been a game changer for my practice. Before I would write my time on a sheet of paper (sometimes any paper within reach) and hope it got entered at some point before the end of the month. Now, I immediately enter my time either on my computer or iPhone. A phone call, client conversations, anytime I work on a file it immediately gets entered into Clio.
At the end of the month, Billing is a breeze. I am able to see all of my Billable Clients for the month and with a few clicks, they are all sent out by either email or Clio Connect. My clients can pay with their credit cards, and many times they have paid overnight before I even get to the office the next day. I remember when I first switched to Clio about 80% of my accounts receivable paid within the first week.
My clients also like the billing detail with separate time, attorneys, and expenses. I have been able to create custom invoices to comply with some of my government contracts, which require invoices to look a certain way.
We are also big fans on the integration with Office365. The software automatically creates a client folder on OneDrive when a new matter is opened. This has been a huge help in keeping everyone working on the same files and storing documents in the correct client folder. Also, the Outlook plugin has been great to keep all emails received and sent copied to the client's matter. I do not know how many times I have easily found an email related to a client matter.

I wish there was better integration with Infusionsoft (now Keap). There is a way to connect using third parties, but it would be nice to only enter client information once.

Lucy

Solo Attorney Highly Recommends Clio

Bewertet am 19.8.2019

Clio has made me much more organized and efficient. My billing process is easier and smoother and I keep better track of accounts receivable. Much easier to track the progress of a file and leads. It is easy to share documents and communications securely with clients

Clio software is comprehensive and covers everything that I need as a solo attorney to keep my practice running smoothly and efficiently. Clio Grow is a new feature that helps me track leads, lead sources, the intake process, etc. It is very comprehensive and is easily merged with Clio Manage. The Clio help desk is excellent. Answers are always spot on. If they cannot fix my problem, they will honestly tell me that Clio does not have the capability that I'm looking for and they will offer to submit a request for that capability to be considered in the future. Clio is always looking to address customer needs.

Does not have all of the capabilities that I need but has most of them. Sometimes the queue for the help desk/chat is rather long.

Richard

Best Decision I made was to make the switch

Bewertet am 13.12.2019

Easier to manage all aspects of a case with CLIO

Easier to manage all aspects of a case with CLIO

Easy to use, customer support is awesome, helpful tutorial videos and great client experience. I have received multiple compliments on the style and ease of paying on-line.

It was not syncing with QuickBooks when posting to CLIO but that may have been addressed recently. I need to check with my bookkeeper.

Rocket Matter

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

Constant issues from an IT stand point. Not as user friendly

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

I asked around and even had CLIO provide me with a referral in my area of practice so I could see how they liked it and if there were any issues. I confirmed CLIO was a solid company and would be around. The Florida Bar indorsement was also key.
Heather

I've used Clio Manage for 6+ Years and Clio Grow for 2+ Years

Bewertet am 23.8.2022

I've used Clio since opening my own firm. Overall, I'm happy with their products and feel confident that I can get "at a glance" information on my active cases as well as my leads quickly. And, I can dive deeper into any particular matter or contact easily. I do wish they were a bit more tailored to small/solo firm practice - particularly in terms of the time investment in set-up and cost per license.

Clio offers nearly comprehensive lead and case management services. Their support staff is responsive and if you engage them in a conversation about your firm's needs - they are eager to listen & learn. Since I began using it, Clio has steadily widened their offerings that are real value-adds. Their annual conference is a great networking & learning event.

Both products, but Grow especially, are very time-consuming in the initial set-up phase. Both products could be more robust for practice areas that don't involve litigation. Their support staff is readily available but in my experience can only assist in solving my issue about 10% of the time. Often some features I view as key are not available and it's hard to determine how the upvoting process of feature requests actually works. The pricing structure is frustrating and could benefit from adding a different tier for restricted or limited users (like paralegals and admins). While all the features and new additions are nice, as a solo practice attorney I often find myself unable to take advantage of them due to the time involved in learning about & implementing them.

CosmoLex und MyCase

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Interaction with the sales reps and recommendations from fellow attorneys.
Lori
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

One of the first users of Clio and still give five stars.

Bewertet am 15.11.2022

Overall experience has been fantastic, and I have no intentions of ever-changing software. I will retire using Clio. Clio, along with Clio Grow, has enabled us to develop a smooth process for evaluating potential new clients using an intake questionnaire and customizing a pipeline.

It's too difficult to describe what is best, I could not manage my practice without this software. It is incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. I use pretty much all aspects of the software on a daily basis and have been using it for more than 10 years. My practice has grown from just one attorney, me, to now four along with paralegals and clerks. Clio has made the growth seamless.

I don't have any complaints whatsoever. The software has been essential to my practice in all ways.

Time Tracker , CANVAS , Rocket Matter und Google Calendar

Warum Clio gewählt wurde

I used these at other firms. When I opened up my own practice I chose to use Clio.

Time Tracker und Asana

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

Price, options, versatility, tech support.
Carter
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

First class tech with even more fist class people behind the scenes

Bewertet am 24.2.2023

Highly recommend it like anything it's only as good as the data the users put into it and quite pleased in its reliability.

Clio is always adapting to improve and take feature requests into consideration while balancing innovation with consistency of interface and only incremental changes so as to not frustrate the user experience with too many changes all the ones. Beyond the tech, right from the beginning many years ago Clio stood out in customer service in terms of being very responsive, striving to find a solution to every problem where available, and being straight up in simply admitting that they don't have certain features developed yet and it's not available rather than trying to do a sales job or sugarcoat the fact that there will always be limitations in software meeting everyone's different needs perfectly. It's a very stable platform, secure, and the developers are even aware to do any sort of systemwide updates during times of low usage.

Maybe not so much a specific Clio issue, but rather mostly us as a user limited capacity challenge, there are many integrations and improvements which we could be adapting into our system but have just become stalled in locking the bandwidth. Quarterly or semiannually review (soft audit) of how each business such as ours is using the software would be beneficial with a systems person from Clio providing a couple recommendations of next steps that our group could take that would have a significant impact on better utilizing the tools.

Leah
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I highly recommend Clio to any practice

Bewertet am 30.5.2023

I have been very happy with Clio. I think it really streamlines everything. I am particularly happy with the billing and invoicing features.

I like the ease of use. We were able to switch over seamlessly with no issues. We were ready to go on day one of launch. It is intuitive and easy to use. We used our previous software for 20 or more years and we were able to switch over with no issues. Everyone in our practice has been able to transition with no issues.

The only issue I have with Clio is when using it with Quickbooks, when you create a check in Quickbooks with multiple matters on the payment it ports it over as one expense and you have to then separate it out into the different expenses for each file. It creates a situation where you have to put the entries in twice. I think this is a Quickbooks issue more than a Clio issue, however the problems remains that same.

Amicus Attorney und LEAP

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Clio

We were being forced to switch from PCLaw and Amicus because they were no longer going to be supporting each other with updates. There were some issues with LEAP's software and the way that we handle practice management that would not have worked for our firm.
Joseph
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Clio is an essential part of this law firm

Bewertet am 25.7.2019

Having direct access to the company, and the developers is a huge benefit to using Clio. If there's something that's not quite right, there's usually an easy fix or workaround, and you don't have to wait around for days or weeks to get a response from support. As far as the software itself, we love the nearly limitless integration ability of Clio, and the fact that they're always adding/improving features, like CourtRules, which is essential to our litigation practice.

We've been powered by Clio since 2011, and at the time, subscription software was a new concept, which took me a while to warm up to. Eight years later, however, everything requires a subscription, so this is a non-issue. I can only think of two things that I wish Clio would come up with a fix for: (1) ability to merge duplicate contacts; and (2) bring back the ability to have a less expensive subscriptions for non-attorney users.

Antwort von Clio

Thank you for the feedback, Joseph! We've shared your feedback with our Product Team. Though a one-click merge contact option isn't currently available, the steps listed here will help you achieve the same results (hope this helps!): https://support.clio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002325034-Is-There-a-Way-to-Merge-Contacts-

Steven

Very Satisfied

Bewertet am 16.9.2019

Very satisfied; excellent product.

Very satisfied; excellent product.

Easy to use -- calendaring, opening new matters, time entries, notes, billing. I like the interface, the way it looks. Program includes trust accounting. Can include/integrate credit card billing as an option which I did, and works well. Have used Law Pay for a while and it integrates through Clio. Send out invoices through Clio, client can click on button to make credit card payment, and have option to have program automatically apply to open invoices when payment comes in -- get email notifications of payments. Very satisfied with the program -- does what I need and enjoy using.

I don't think it's a negative factor, but don't use the mobile app much, for whatever that means. Tend to just check my iphone calendar (I use Office 365 to integrate, other options also I think like Google to integrate -- Clio integrates with Office 365 and iphone calendar will show Office and Google calendar events). There is a new beta version of the mobile app available for use that looked at today and I like -- I could see using that to make entries if I need while out of the office, but usually just do all of that at my computer in the office.

Sue

Clio's billing system

Bewertet am 15.11.2019

Overall, our experience with Clio's billing system has been positive - everyone likes the time entry. We are glad we went to Clio, its so much better than that other program we had been using.

We got Clio specifically for its billing program. Its great that everyone can enter their own time into Clio. I like how Clio does “macros” [they call them “text snippets”]. They work without having to use a code key.

The software is easy to use – for someone like me who is not a bookkeeper and hasn’t done a lot of billing before, it takes a little while to learn how to use it correctly, but once you know how things work, it’s a breeze. The very best thing about Clio, though, is its support staff! They are all great – it doesn’t matter who I’ve talked to they are all quick at getting to the root of my problem and showing me how to fix it. I have called other companies asking questions about their software and sometimes you just don’t believe what they tell you. It has never been that way with Clio – every one of their support staff is very knowledgeable and can quickly set you straight!

Also, Clio is open to suggestions from us and when they get a certain amount of inquiries asking if “they could change this or that”, they will work on it. We have been using Clio for 2 years next month and there are a couple of things they have implemented that we had requested, which is really cool!

Spell checking in the billing software is not what it could be – it does have the little red underlines if it thinks something is misspelled [like Word], which apparently is easy for some people to ignore. It would be better if Clio had its own dictionary and didn’t depend on the one in the browser. In order to do spell checks, we have to: export the time to a CSV file, spread out the column for the description, run a spell check and remember not to correct the errors there, but go back and find each entry in Clio and correct them there. It’s a little time consuming, and depending on how many typos each person makes during the month, it can be very time consuming, but its much better than reading the draft invoices word for word and finding the errors that way. It would be great if Clio could add spell checking so that it can be run in Clio without having to export and go back and forth.

The only other “con” we have with Clio’s billing system is with discounting invoices. It is very easy to discount an invoice by percentage or a dollar amount, but Clio only applies discounts on the total amount of the invoice, including client expenses, not on time spent only, so we usually put in a dollar amount so the discount comes out to the amount we want it to be , although Clio still applies that amount to the entire invoice.

Diane
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

There has to be something better; going downhill for solos

Bewertet am 9.2.2017

I have been using this since 2012 - at first it fit my needs and was marketed for the solo/small practice firms. It has increasingly become more cumbersome and takes longer to calendar and bill than I would like. The interest feature on the billing can only calculate simple interest. Once you enter the interest formula, there is no way to disconnect it so you are left to manually delete all of the entries. They have changed the billing process from a process that once took about an hour to taking about 3 hours. A bill is generated and placed under the Draft tab, you can view it, edit it, submit it for approval (a waste of time for a solo), or approve it - so I view it, see it needs to be edited, and click on edit, the bill comes up for editing, then once you've completed it, you hit Approve - and nothing happens which is new - you either can hit the go to bills Awaiting Payment link, or click on the Awaiting payment screen -- from there, you are forced to sort through all of your accounts receivable to find your newly edited bill. Once you find the bill, then you can Receive Payment from the trust account - but be careful since if your client has $500 in trust and the bill is $1000, the trust payment will pop up $1000, which you know is inaccurate, so you have to do another edit. Then the bill drops out of view and you either have to return to Awaiting Payment or Paid tabs - search through all of the other bills, find your bill, then you can download it - print it, or save it, and then email it.
If you want to enter a new appointment, you can do so on the calendar, but if you want to create a method to track the new client, you have to go to another tab to set up a matter, you can only input the client's name, not the address, not the phone number, not any other stuff that should appear at this point, in my opinion. Then you add in your number. Then you have to track down the name you just entered and try and add in addresses, phone numbers, email addresses. The process is incredibly time consuming.

Pros: Cost
Cons: Overly rigid, designed for those who have a data processor employee, time consuming, not customer service oriented - was marketed for solos/small practices and this is not the case any longer.

Web based program and cost.

Rigid, time consuming process. So many things don't work and the process of finding a work around is cumbersome.

David
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Best all-in-one solution out there

Bewertet am 24.5.2017

It's a major time saver. It's great for billing, keeping tabs of your time, costs associated with a file, trust money for each file, docketing, contact lists, and all the rest.

It feels a bit short/incomplete in some areas, but they keep improving it so hopefully that will happen soon.

It's still the best damn law practice software out there, and I've searched high and low!

- Easy to use and learn
- Easy to show others to use
- Really easy billing features
- Great organization
- The Notes feature is fantastic and replaces any need for docketing and memos to file
- The "add time" feature makes it easy to keep track of billings and what's to go on the next invoice
- The linking of contacts to files is a time saver
- The Calendar is easy to use and does what you need it to
- The accounting that exists is great for keeping track of the movement of money directly connected with a file. It has helped keep my trust accounting immaculate. IT also helps me keep track of expenses associated with each file.

Clio is fantastic and the best solution I've been able to find, and I've done a lot of searching both before and after buying Clio. That said, Clio seems half finished in some areas and I'm hoping more work will come.

- The accounting is adequate, but should go a lot further than it does. I would love an integrated cheque writing program, for example.

- I don't know why you can't have more than one client per file. It's a small thing, but it bugs me. I put additional clients in the "contact" list associated with the file, and just pick one as a primary client to list. It doesn't matter, but again, it's a weird oversight.

- The firm metrics is a great idea, but it seems half finished. I don't know why, but it doesn't save stuff year to year and just dumps the information. There's also a dramatic lack of ability to customize things. This is frequent in some of Clio's features, such as how to list matters or client names. It's not a deal breaker, but it's a weird thing to not make more usable.

Overall, Clio is a fantastic program and I don't know how I'd run my practice without it. It's a lot better than everything else I've tried. I just wish the damn thing integrated with more programs and capabilities, and that they just expanded on it. I think the reason why it's frustrating is because it's so close to being sort of perfect, and they just don't go far enough. Hopefully they'll keep adding to it and raise it to that level!

It's definitely worth the buy.

Natalie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Clio is great for Client Management

Bewertet am 20.1.2023

Our law firm has tried a few software companies to help us manage our clients and cases and this has been by far the bests. It is not perfect, but it is user friendly and easy for all to use (from lawyers, law clerks, paralegals, to even our admin and secretaries). We do not use the document feature. I use it to track open client matters, add notes to the case, assign tasks to support staff, calendar meetings, track time, hold contacts, and invoice. I really like that Clio constantly is updating to meet their customer's needs and is open to our suggestions on things that would make the software better. I would definitely recommend this software for law firms.

I do not like you cannot have two clients to a single matter - we have a lot of husband and wife contacts, so I wish we could connect two clients to a single matter. I use notes constantly and wish there was a way to format the notes like as a word document - highlight, make numbered outlines, add bullet points, change font size, etc.

Amy

Satisfied Clio user for 5+ years, recently purchased for additional firm

Bewertet am 10.9.2020

I am very satisfied with Clio as an online time management option. If you want/need to be 100% in-the-cloud, I would choose and recommend this program most highly to other firms. I prefer it to Bill4Time, CosmoLex, TimeSlips (not online). It also has things I like better than Prolaw (which also is not online).

I don't use many of the advanced features Clio offers like integrations, Clio payments or even calendar, tasks because of the way may firms are set up. So, I can't speak to those features.

I like Clio's simplicity and intuitiveness best. It really is the easiest time management program I have used. If you want to get up and running, like, literally, now, you can purchase Clio online with a push of a button and have open matters and clients/contact in minutes. I originally chose this product 5+ years ago for a small firm I manage, after looking at most of the online time management products on the market. I chose it specifically because it seemed the easiest in which to enter time. One of the attys I work with isn't great with a keyboard. Clio time entry required the least amount of effort, was the easiest to navigate and simplest to look at. But after using Clio, as well as, other online time management products (I manage a few small law firms), I really appreciate the easy of creating and EDITING invoices, which I do extensively at my firms. Lastly, I recently utilized Clio's FREE migration services to move from another online software, which I did not like. The migration took one hour on the phone, one day for them to migrate, and was pretty seamless! I've migrated data a few times (Prolaw and CosmoLex) and this was by FAR the easiest. The customer service is always great, even though I don't have to use it often because Clio is so simple to use.

Only 1. I haven't mastered LEDES ebililng on Clio yet. At one of my firms, we do only LEDES98 ebilling. If you don't know what this is, stop reading, you will not experience this minor Con. I am having trouble perfecting the LEDES98 txt files and uploading them. Granted, this is my first month of e-billing on Clio at this firm, so I'm sure customer service will correct it for me. It's just that a few other time management programs I have used had no LEDES glitches and uploaded perfectly the first time.

The price is also high for small firms. But all online billing programs are.