Looker

Sortieren nach

Anoop
Anoop
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent tool Data visualization and analytics

Bewertet am 23.2.2023

Looker has been my go to tool for analytics, reporting and dashboarding. It is very easy to learn for an individual. It is user friendly as well. Overall good experience from the tool. It is way better than Tableau and Qlik.

First and foremost, the most important feature of Looker is, it is cloud based BI tool which can be accessed remotely and easy to work unless like other tools where it requires to be installed in the PC.It has clean and simple UI which is very to build dashboards and reports.Lookml option provides benefit of flexibility in code which in turn help to create own metrics and create calculations. This helps for the marketer or developer to have the control of the metrics Data modelling is very easy to create and Looker has the capacity to sync with various connectors to access the data from other sources, which solves the use case of having 3rd party connectors.

The new interface of swapping between read-only and developer is not that great. The older version was better as compared to the new one. Customer support is gone from good to bad. When I had queries , customer support team could not help as they themselves were not aware of the tool and also they share articles which are available with google search to diagnose.The codes should have an option to export to PDF.

Mariana
  • Branche: Marketing & Werbung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Looker Studio is an absolute game-changer

Bewertet am 18.9.2023

Over the past two years, my experience with Looker Studio, coupled with Porter Metrics connectors, has been incredibly positive. The combination of Looker Studio's robust data analytics capabilities and the seamless integration provided by Porter Metrics has streamlined my data analysis processes and empowered me to derive valuable insights efficiently. The user-friendly interface of Looker Studio has made navigating complex data models a breeze, while Porter Metrics connectors have facilitated smooth data integration from various sources. This partnership has not only enhanced my data-driven decision-making but has also simplified the overall analytics experience, making it an essential part of my workflow.

Looker Studio's standout features is its robust data modeling capabilities. The ability to create and customize data models is crucial in tailoring analytics to meet specific business needs. Looker Studio makes this process remarkably straightforward, empowering users to build complex models with ease. This flexibility ensures that you can derive insights that are truly relevant to your organization.

The flexibility and customization options in Looker Studio can be both a strength and a weakness. While it allows for tailored analytics solutions, it can also be complex to set up intricate data models and dashboards, requiring a higher level of technical expertise.

Jo
  • Unternehmensgröße: 5 001–10 000 Mitarbeiter

Looker Review

Bewertet am 6.12.2022

Displeased and frustrated.

Displeased and frustrated.

The option to pull a lot of data in an organized fashion.

This software RARELY works, it's completely glitchy. I use it, well, I attempt to use it, daily. But I continuously receive the No Date to Report message. It completely hinders my job as I need the data from the reporting. Seriously, it is glitchy every single day.

Laban
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The ultimate tool for advanced data analytics and visualisations

Bewertet am 27.3.2024

My experience with looker has been exceptional since it has helped us to unlock the full potential of our data analysis and visualisation.

It has phenomenal data exploration features that enable us to maximize our data potential through indepth insights. I appreciate its flexible customization options that help us to visualize data in line with our company requirements.

Running complex queries on this tool affects system performance occasionally which is not ideal.

Kevin

Powerful but complex

Bewertet am 13.8.2023

It's quickly ingests the data we need to run reports and build visualizations for various teams.

It doesn't follow the same data schema and handle objects from salesforce the same way so we have had to manipulate various fields to make Looker connect properly. The data quality doesn't always match salesforce.

Yasin
  • Branche: Lebensmittelproduktion
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Looker is the only visualization tool you need for project data

Bewertet am 17.9.2023

I love using Looker to manage our dashboards. We usually need dashboards very quickly and don't really use them that long, so the ability Looker provides for designing charts and tables fast has been a massive relief.

I love how quickly you can set up advanced charts with it without using code. Being able to create dashboards from scratch in a short amount of time is a huge plus for us as we usually deal with unique instances that require new bits of data.

It takes forever to load when you're running larger queries. We had to split some views two or three times to be able to have it work properly

Stephen
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use data analytic solution

Bewertet am 4.4.2024

I like that the tool is easy to use even for non-technical members and does a great job analyzing complex data. The onboarding process is easy.

The only downside is that at times the performance is slow and the loading time is sometimes long

Njeru
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use data analytic tool

Bewertet am 17.4.2024

I like that the tool is easy to use even for non technical members which help visualize our organization data.

Compared to other alternatives it lacks flexibility

Darren
  • Branche: Verbraucherdienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Good at accessing our data tables and visually displaying results to clients

Bewertet am 1.4.2024

It's a bit of a learning curve to get familiar with everything in Looker, but once you get there it really is a great product. Many different visualization options to show clients what is going on with their customer behavior and identify trends.

This might be an internal thing, but sometimes when I make a bunch of a changes to a dashboard and click Save, I get an error message. Resulting in having to start over and do each change individually and then saving.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

An outstanding web-based application for creating dashboards

Bewertet am 18.10.2023

The way to show insights based on data, and processing tons of data and cross them with other data sets so you can have as an outcome easy to digest information for high level reports or detailed reports.

What truly stands out for me with Looker Studio is its user-friendly interface and the seamless integration with Google connectors. This pre-built connection to link your data from Google Sheets to the platform simplifies the process significantly. Once the data is linked, creating customized dashboards featuring a variety of graphs is a breeze, allowing you to tailor them to your company's color scheme and preferences

In the free version, I hope for future updates that Looker Studio will offer the capability to establish connections with PostgreSQL databases through SSH or VPN

• Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Looker converts your data into concrete digital marketing actions

Bewertet am 7.6.2023

As a digital marketing manager at a specialty fashion retail corporation, I have had the opportunity to use Looker daily. This analytics platform has become an indispensable tool for assessing the effectiveness of our strategies and campaigns.It enables us to make better decisions based on more accurate and personalized data. Its ability to integrate with Tableau expands our analytical capabilities, while its digital marketing-specific features allow us to optimize our SEO and keyword strategies.Although it is important to consider potential delays when solving technical problems, Looker's value to our daily work is undeniable. This platform is highly recommended for all digital marketers looking to maximize their performance and gain actionable insights to improve their strategies.

Looker allows marketers to create and track custom metrics and specific KPIs, which is extremely useful for evaluating and measuring the success of our initiatives. I can get a detailed view of the performance of our strategies in real-time thanks to its advanced analytical capabilities.Looker's capabilities extend beyond general analysis to include specific functionality for digital marketing. I can analyze SEO and keyword data, identify relevant trends, and evaluate the performance of specific keywords. This data enables me to fine-tune our optimization strategies and increase our visibility in search engines.

When technical issues, such as reporting issues or data visualization issues, arise, our ability to make informed decisions and respond quickly is jeopardized. Instead of addressing problems and finding solutions directly, we must pause our activities and wait for IT or technical support to intervene and resolve the issues.These delays can have a significant impact on our daily operations' agility. Decisions based on quick, up-to-date analysis are critical in digital marketing, where trends change quickly, and adaptability is critical to success. Delays in resolving technical issues may impair our ability to capitalize on opportunities, adjust strategies, or fix bugs in real-time.

Ngaafare
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Data mining with a professional touch

Bewertet am 10.6.2021

Great tool it gives the organisation a touch of professionalism in data analysis processes.

Modeling platform which allows the me to codify data visualization using a proprietary modeling language.
The self-service visualization tools that allows end users to access the benefits of data analysis.
Looker has one of the best user interface on market very easy to use and in my organisation it very useful because it saves time and costs of training.

Integration with my business has not been difficult at all but the difficulty came from the product's need for a lot of processing power and its use of a lot of RAM.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Tableau

Warum Looker gewählt wurde

functionality and user interface.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Tableau

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Looker

Looker is very easy to use.
Dheeraj
Dheeraj
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Data analysis is simple using this application

Bewertet am 14.2.2023

The most cutting-edge method for creating data experiences and products is called Looker. From a user perspective, Looker is incredibly simple to use. Clear filters let you access data that I need to execute my job on a daily basis, especially when I'm retrieving client health scores.

It is a great delight to strengthen my data analysis system. Scheduling reports is another great way to avoid acting as a middleman between various clients in my opinion. Flexibility, durability, the LookML Semantic layer, dependability, scalability, and the set of tools for modifying data experiences. Very versatile when it comes to writing code and showing tiles; the greatest aspect is the dynamic nature of the results presentation, which makes it easier to examine results while on the go.

There are fewer things that can be done at the tile level, which limits functionality. Such dynamicness is required for a more thorough dashboarding experience. Less restrictions on things, in my opinion, would allow me to dream a little greater. Additionally, the forecasting function may be improved. Just a bit more conviction in this amazing product would do.

Isam
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The best tool for business intelligence

Bewertet am 10.6.2023

As a CFO, Google Looker helps me monitoring budgets and financial information about our company. It is a great tool that helps me taking financial decisions.

Google Looker is one of the best business intelligence tools, it offers many features and visualizations that can help business owners to view real-time reports and dashboards. Also, Google Looker is fully customized so that you can make your own reports, graphs, and dashboards.

Google Looker is complex and hard to learn especially when you are trying to make complex data collection or reports.

Jonathan
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A game changing data tool

Bewertet am 11.6.2019

Looker is a game changing tool insofar as it provides a 21st century approach to data tooling that massively amplifies how organisations can get access to, explore and power applications through data without making sacrifices from an accuracy perspective. Looker's company culture is fantastic and the focus on customer support really helps to extent the impact of the product itself.

* LookML because it enables a scalable semantic layer wherein business rules can be defined in a single place and logic is code based thereby enabling version control, testing and auditing.
* Extendability because the data platform focus enables businesses to serve data to applications and people through a single component
* Customer experience focus

* It can be hard to navigate the huge volumes of content that users build on Looker and find the canonical/VIP products that are the foundation for any company

• Branche: Verbraucherdienste

Flexible and detailed

Bewertet am 3.2.2022

Overall pretty satisfied with looker, I use it everyday to find some patterns, problems and solutions to the problems as well, it has been a huge part of my work for a while and it does what I need pretty well!

Customization is one of the best parts of looker. Having the ability to fit the data to the required details through filters is handy. You can add/remove or filter data as you wish. The platform also has multiple types of visualizing and also the option to downloading the data in various forms.

The platform is great, but in sometimes, during high traffic, the process is prolonged. It takes forever to load a look or dashboard. Also, the learning curve is a bit tough at the start but gets better once you get the grip.

Waheed

Design your dashboards with Looker

Bewertet am 10.10.2023

Google Looker is one of the best data-visualizing tools, it is easy to use, cheap, and flexible. I like the ready-to-use templates that Looker provides. Also, Looker can deal with complex reports and can show KPIs on multiple dimensions.

Google Looker is a great tool and beneficial for any business type, it is all about its advantages, and in my opinion it does not have any single problem or a disadvantage.

Greg
  • Branche: Eventservice

Looker

Bewertet am 25.6.2019

Looker has helped us provide higher quality information to our users in a more attractive and efficient manner. Our users are able to customize and share content in ways they couldn't before. Looker has eliminated manual report runs in many cases and definitely has created efficiencies that save time and money.

Looker allows you to work with virtually any data warehouse, and setup is not difficult. LookML is easy to work with, and allows non-developers to create content for their teams. Embedding Looker in our web app was relatively painless, and is a big improvement over our prior reporting system. Sharing content is super easy with scheduled reporting, and the variety of formats gives us solutions for different types of users.

I would like to see more visualization options, and enhanced capabilities with scheduling.

Mayrell
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Amazing Looker

Bewertet am 25.2.2023

My over all experience is that it is really helpful and useful. It is amazing.

My over all experience is that it is really helpful and useful. It is amazing.

I like the most in Looker is that it allows me to visualize my data analysis and to explore and to understand my data efficiently. Also this platform has a wide variety of data sources. Aside from this it is also flexible and customizable and also allows me to make tables and graph for my data. It is also user friendly.

The most cons that I can say is that it is a quite expensive but the prize is worth it for it's uses and purpose.

• Branche: Immobilien

Looker provides great insight

Bewertet am 16.3.2020

Looker has been a great and useful tool for out business. Where we've found challenges is in the specific data dictionary and set-up, which internally was not well prepared prior to implementation.

The ability to compare data from different sources in one place is great - this allows us to better understand our user base, their performance on our platform - everything from health to revenues and the nuances we use to grade and measure our users.

Looker provides lots of flexibility in its set-up, but that could create confusion in the user experience. You need to really know what you're doing, understand data and its presentation to set Looker up to be most optimal. If would be great if Looker could visualize better, and also allow for over time analysis.

Fabien
  • Branche: Computer-Software

When analytics becomes part of your operations -

Bewertet am 30.7.2015

Everything.
Looker made it sexy for BI developers, and intuitive easy to use for business user.

Their support is extremely knowledgeable and always available if you need any help.
Their engineers are brilliant and their hard work is allowing frequent releases that are going in the right directions.
Looker is customer driven and will deliver what makes sense for every user.

We love the creativity and flexibility this tool is offering us, as we are able to manipulate LookML to create anything, from data extract to Process automation.

Their growth is EXPONENTIAL.
Their Doc is well maintained so you are never lost.
Their community became part of their offering, you cannot find this elsewhere.

We have been satisfied since day 1!

I dislike the fact that our internal users are not curious enough (or don't get it) to explore data on their own. Maybe a different UI would help people discover on their own.

Lewis
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter

Using Looker at a growing running shoe company

Bewertet am 17.6.2019

We are solving the problem of inadequate information around all sales-related procedures and processes - from selling at market doors, supply chain and inventory, to online digital acquisition and sales, to internal finance and accounting of corporate business.

We have benefitted greatly from Looker by making information quickly accessible to people making decisions and allowing the possibility for them to explore information.

- Flexibility - With effective use of Looker's Permission and User Attribute features I can be sure that when a certain user (lets say, a sales agent) logs in and views a dashboard they will automatically see information relating to sales accounts that they directly manage or not any irrelevant information.

- Getting users to go beyond simply making tables with many observations and instead visualising summary information creatively with charts and graphs.

Mohammad

Most Trust Dashboard.

Bewertet am 24.6.2023

Looker is good for off-Google data sources, but I think it will be great for users who have their data in Google

The ability of Looker to integrate with most of the data resources. that what allowed us to combine smoothly and benefit from Dashboard.

Looker is a cloud-based version only which is what made some challenges for us to guarantee the quality of the internet and stability for accessing the local databases.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen

Microsoft Power BI
Daniel
Daniel

Great Customer Service

Bewertet am 15.5.2018

The looker team has great customer service. They are flexible and easy to reach. The chat feature in the product is awesome, as it quickly connects you to a Customer Success rep who can help you with pretty much anything!

The cost for this product is quite high compared to other BI tools. Also, this product requires a full time data engineer to keep the backend of the product to build new data models.

• Branche: Onlinemedien
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Flexible and simple visualization tool

Bewertet am 24.6.2019

Completely solved our visualization needs throughout the Company, in a wide variety of formats. Boosted many non-tech employees by allowing to create dashboards in a quick and easy manner.

Flexibility to transform data before visualization and the variety of visualization formats.

not that flexible to share data with 3rd party users.