Slack Bewertungen

4.6/5 (13903 Bewertungen)

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Slack

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

One indicator of its awesomeness is that it was down earlier this week, and everybody was freaking out, so especially on our team, we were confused about what to do, do we send fax messages to each other? Do we find our pagers again? So it's definitely made an impact in our business if it goes down.

Our favourite feature for slack is that it makes it super easy for teams to collaborate and communicate very easily. There are ways to connect with just single individual users, groups of users, or even have channels to communicate with people about different projects or topics of interest, super cool.

It makes it really easy to communicate between members or within channels, so groups of people, set groups of people, and even with other organizations. So you can get on to another workspace at the company and you’ll communicate back and forth through that which is awesome.

Also, there's some really good Zapp integrations and Native integration. So, for instance, we use it so that when a proposal is signed off on, we get a message to a specific channel on Slack to notify the whole team, of course with a cheesy GIF because why not, that a proposal was accepted and that this kicks off a whole bunch of other processes for us. And then as well, it has a really good direct integration with Google Drive. So, if somebody sends me a document, it shows up in a Slack channel for me so I can access that really easily, I can see any documents really easily.

Although you can jump between workspaces really easily, it's a little bit cumbersome actually making that transition. So, I'd like to see it organized a little bit more like Asana where you've got a dropdown and you switch over rather than having to navigate over to the side and then select it, there's a little bit of a time lag.

Mit Google übersetzen

Slack Must Be the Most Useful Communication Tool of the Modern Era!

Täglich für 1-5 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 14.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack has allowed me to improve work relationships and provided a bridge to access different organizations in the same place, from freelance to more traditional enterprises. It has also been extremely helpful to communicate with fellow students at one university, as this is the chosen tool for all generic communications. Because it makes it easy to share code, images and videos either directly on the platform or through third-party services like Google Drive and Dropbox, it has enabled our teams to work more effectively and gather resources in one central spot. And because the search function is quick and offers different filters to narrow down the results to specific channels or members, it's easy to find what you are looking for. It has worked incredibly well for groups of hundreds of people connected at once with perfect synchronicity. Having the ability to stay updated on the fly thanks to the mobile application is also a great advantage that comes in handy more than once.

I really enjoy how flexible Slack allows you to be by creating any number of channels you may need to break down conversations per topic. Beyond having the ability to create and join channels based on your needs, the feature to star items is particularly helpful when you are on the go and want to come back to a specific point in time quickly. It is easily accessible with just one click (or tap on mobile) and makes it easy to remember key conversations that are happening. Slack also integrates brilliantly public conversations and what's called "direct messages", enabling you to have private conversations with any member within the organization, hence avoiding the need to use an additional platform for this specific purpose. There is also a neat and practical solution brought by Slack apps, which add even more features including the ability to share polls with Polly, integrate with GitHub, share files stored on Google Drive and Dropbox, which are the apps that we use the most. Being able to control notifications precisely, automatically snoozing them when you are unavailable, makes for a more peaceful experience when dealing with hundreds of members. There are also other features that make you life better, such as the many keyboard shortcuts and the built-in commands you can fire up directly from the reply area, including formatting options and interactions with Slack apps.

On the down side, I have found it somewhat confusing to get to set up Slack within other services through their API, for instance to connect Slack on GitHub. Although the reply area is feature-rich, some functions like text formatting could be more intuitive. For example, you don't get to see live if your text will be bold or italic. Slackbot is useful to ask simple questions, but many times it will provide answers that are too simple and could easily be improved. Once again on formatting, Slackbot doesn't explain how to format "code" snippets in-line or even on multiple lines. Many hidden features can only be found by looking online in the "Help Center" or by trial and error, which is not as practical as being able to ask questions directly to Slackbot which should be able to handle those requests. I have also found the desktop application to simply be an exact replica of the web application. Apart from the fact that it adds a little Slack icon in the notification bar, I find it even less intuitive to use than the web application, as it requires to open a new tab in the web browser to sign in. By not being completely independent from a web browser, it basically just results in having a separate web browser that can only handle one tab, which makes it rather inconvenient, especially considering that notifications are well integrated in the web version and that you can "pin" tabs in most web browsers to keep Slack one single click or keyboard shortcut away.

Mit Google übersetzen

An efficient and reliable inter-office communication tool!

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack has been instrumental in connecting everybody in our organization. I'm not just saying that. Various departments within our company have become competitive and often complete projects way before deadlines. That's because we've applied and integrated Slack into our organization in such a way that we use internal performance appraisals, awards, etc to achieve this. Also, we are a SaaS company that believes in a positive work atmosphere and Slack helps us achieve just that.

1) User Interface: Slack is quite user-friendly but requires a little bit of an initial learning curve in order to get that hang of things (considering it's a bit different from your average personal communication tools). In no time, you'll be able to locate new channels, switch between them and message individuals directly.

2) Making Work Fun: As its name suggests, "Slack" allows users to ease professional tension and stress by providing them with a wide range of "Fun Gifs", emojis, etc. Users can even make use of different "reactions" (Just like you have on most Social Media Platforms). This is quite useful for us because we can vote on posts using various reactions. Our in-house designers often compete with each other on various projects and the rest of us vote for them. Therefore; Slack = Increased Productivity. Of course, you can have your own methods of applying this feature.

3) Suitability: Slack is best suited for small or medium sized businesses. They have a "free forever" plan, a "Standard" plan and a "Plus" plan. The main differences between these subscription models are chat-log backup capacities, the number of third-party app integrations you can use (Unlimited for all paid plans), Customer Service response timings, file storage per user and few other differences.

4) Notifications: Slack makes it possible for its users to have many options of getting notified. The best feature, in my opinion, is where someone can "@" you in a message or a post.

1) File Preview: It would be nice if you can preview a document without having to download it first.

Mit Google übersetzen

Great for virtual team collaboration

Bewertet am 3.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Since I use it everyday, I would say this is has become an invaluable tool for me and collaborating with colleagues (w/the exception of not being able to see msg history beyond 10k). I would recommend this to anyone who works virtually OR if you're like me and drown in emails.

It doesn't matter if you are in a tech field or not: if you can text an use social media, you can juse Slack. bottom line, it's a WIDELY used tool with a growing number of other app integrations that the paid version allows you to seamlessly tie your [communication] workflow together. I resisted for a while but now I can't imagine not having it.

- Slack allows me to commimicate in real time without using email with clients and colleagues all over the country & the world. The free version doens't have as many features as paid, but still robust enough to work for a small 1-man shop
- Channels (topics/groups) allow for communication on a topic w/only relevent members (by invitation). preventing tons of emails to track = it's all in one place, in timeline format; this allows you to see who wrote what, when and, whatwas shared (urls, files/photos, etc).
- Direct/private chats for more sensitive info
- Notification types vary based on your set preferences: when you're mentioned in a channel, indexing keywords. w/hashtags for searching history (like bookmarking).
- Video conference calls (paid version allows for up to 15 participants, screen sharing, more storage space & unlimited msgs)
- Save comments for later w/reactions or saves to something shared.
Clients can be invited to channels and only see that channel's content, allowing things to continue.
- File sharing, video calls & integrating with lots of other software/services listed on their site) combines all communication in one tool reducing the need for emails
- Cost for the paid plans is relatively nominal and since it elminates the need for emails in many cases, it ultimately pays for itself by saving time + the additional features you get.
- Online access to customize your account
- Multiple teams (i.e. 1 for your main business, 1 if you're invited, etc

Based on my experience using the free version, I find some of the features to be less intuitive = I can't be sure if I can integrate something for a smaller fee or if it's only available in a paid plan.

Since many chats tend to grow over time, the free version limits you to 10k messages; you'd be surprised how fast that gets used up. If you try to search for something once you exceed 10k msgs, you may not have access to it. (I get it, it's the free version but it's like texting for business. 10k is small in grand scheme of things so you have to remember to save things you really think you'll need or you'll lose them.

Mit Google übersetzen

The best solution if you don't want to bother choosing

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

For me, Slack is the best option available for team chats. It has some flaws, but no solution can replace it really. If you want your company conversations to be organized, and also to be fast and mobile, there is no better choice for me.

Slack is the best team chat software I ever seen. It works great on any platform, it looks cool and convenient, and you definitely should try it in your team or company if you never done this before.

Team discussions are organized in channels, while direct messages is also available. In our company we also heavily use other messages organization feature: threads, which is like having channels in channels. So, we usually post only one message in channel for one topic, and then all who want to participate in discussion goes to thread attached to this message. In this way, channels stays clean, and anybody who don't want to participate in this discussion gets only one notification ― from discussion start. I really can't understand why other team chats can't implement threads in the right way ― like Slack did.

In addition to the above, Slack has many features that helps organizing work. My lovest feature is posts, which is something between usual messages and documents. So, if you want to post something really big, what should be properly formatted with headers and so on, you can use post. And posts also has collaboration features, so it sometimes can replace Google Docs (integration with which is also included).

Slack is based on web technologies, which is great for portability, but on the other side Slack really not as responsive as I want. It still works fast enough for generic user, but I can clearly say it is not native application.

Any chat app can't live without files sharing. And while file sharing is available, I can't even say it is OK. While viewing images and photos works pretty normally most times, anything more complex works illy. I can't sometimes understand if file downloads or not, and when it comes to video playing -- oh, it works awful most times.

The last thing I should mention, but which can be the big one for somebody: Slack is cloud-hosted only. So, all data is saved on Slack servers, and there is no way to use your own server. Moreover, it also means that you are bound to Slack infrastructure and should pay for it if you want bigger history of messages and some other features.

Mit Google übersetzen

Slack is the beginning of something great

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have used Slack everyday for almost 5 years now. I can't tell you what it is that makes it more than an instant messenger, but whatever it is, Slack is a miracle.

You won't understand until you try it out for yourself.

History books will (or should) write about about Slack. There was the time before language, then we went to the time of the pony express, then we invented fax, then email, now we have Slack. Slack is amazing.

Collaborating with different people and teams is instant. Slack is more than an instant messenger though. It's a replacement to meetings. It's a replacement to memos. It's a replacement to HR emails and post its.

The best part, Slack integrates with EVERYTHING! Your sales team won a new client? We know, Slack is connected to Salesforce. A customer says the website is down? We know, Zendesk told us in Slack! It's so amazing what something so simple can do.

Best of all, Slack has a free version. Once you try it out you will want to get the full version, but I hate how no one gives free trials anymore.

Slack does things different and better, and it shows.

Slack can be very distracting, especially for managers. You will constantly have a little red icon next to your Slack icon. No worries though, just set away times in your settings.

Slack can also be hard to monitor if you are an HR manager. Especially if you are at a bigger company. Inappropriate jokes can be hard to track down.

Lastly, Slack is only valuable if everyone adopts it. This can be hard if you work with a bunch of stubborn people.

Slack it to me

Bewertet am 31.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our organization was still using Skype in an archaic way for instant message communication and file transfers. Slack was the professional upgrade we needed that took the best of those features, enhanced, and organized them in one place. There were doubters at first, but the critics have come to see the value and we can't imagine doing our work without it now. "Slack it to me" is a phrase you'll hear in my office every single day.

"Slack it to me" is now one of the commonly heard phrases around our office. Though there was a time I wondered if I would be able to get this platform off the ground and embedded in our workplace culture. Since I first saw it in action at a hackathon the value seemed obvious. Not only does it facilitate communication, but it's become a place where we encourage each other, compete with each other, and build a digital working culture that didn't exist before. Things like message reactions, gifs, and custom animated emojis might not seem like essential workplace tools, but you'd be surprised by how important they've turned out to be. The people who doubted Slack was "necessary" before have come to see the value in it as it's taken off among our team. We pay for it now, and it's worth every penny.

Slack has proven indispensable as an instant messaging platform, but it can quickly grow out of control as more channels and private channels are created. Some on the team feel overwhelmed by how much information is available to them and struggle to keep on top of their unread threads and notifications. When implementing for your workplace, you may want to think about training to help people feel less overwhelmed and whether there's any kind of standard structure you want to enforce. For example, Some Slack workspaces I am a part of have extremely limited channels and keep everything centralized. Another thing you might find you don't like is the limited message history available on the free version. If you're committed to it, you really need to pay for the upgrade.

Chat app of the future

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, slack is the best option for teams of any size and even just a few of the positives outweigh any negatives. It's also the most fun chat app, and it was built for the future of where companies are headed and the modern generation.

I absolutely love slack! It makes work conversation feel so much more fun, and collaborative. The best thing about slack is definitely the ability to have multiple channels, categorizing the many conversations that go on between co-workers. You can set up slack channels for general business announcements, specific project communications, fun and social channels to build relationships with your teammates, and a lunch channel which makes it easy to place lunch orders during long meetings. All of the above mentioned is just one awesome feature of slack. Conversations can get messy, and slack does a great job using threads to keep the flow of conversation readable. Another thing I like about Slack is the ability to not only communicate internally, but invite outside parties you're working with to specific channels. Instead of receiving multiple emails slack allows you to get quick communication and notify the important parties with a simple tag.

slack integrates with so many programs and has so many features not all of them are easy to use and understand. You also can't tag other people to invite to the conversation when having a direct conversation with only one person, which is kind disappointing since a tag should work everywhere. I think if slack could provide better tutorials and training on the advanced functions it would serve people well.

Mit Google übersetzen

Slack is great tool for communication within company and conferences!

Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We are an international company with US head quarters and multiple international locations. It is our corporate policy to use Slack for all corporate communications and as preferred tool for conferences within and outside of the company. So far, experience was extremely positive!

We have recently implemented Slack for all corporate communication. I absolutely love the tool! Once somebody types a message, you get email notification and can open messages right away. You can form project groups and do all communication, conferences for relevant group members. I think this is especially valuable for global corporations with multiple international locations like my company. Our project team members work at different multiple US and international locations with huge differences in time zone. Slack allows us to form project group and add people from different offices to these group. Then, I type message and everyone in the group can see it. Also, I could initiate a call to everyone within group and it is fast and easy - actually, as easy as calling one person. I also love Slack feature of screen sharing during those calls. I can share my screen with the group, can review detailed Excel files. This is very important in finance function in which I work. We have finance teams at multiple location. Screen sharing feature allows us to share and discuss very detailed Excel files and make corrections during call with finance project team. We are consulting company and view security of client information as key to our successful business. Slack is a very secure tool. So, our company is feeling very positively about sharing information and communication for our client project teams using Slack. Overall, Slack is great tool!

I really like Slack. I was a little bit surprised that it is not as widely know like for example, Skype or other communication/conference tool. This is great tool and my advise to Slack team is to increase its publicity. With all this great functionality, Slack can be used for a lot of companies and spread widely!

Slack is Amazing!

Bewertet am 3.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, slack is incredible and I can't imagine running my business without it. It's forever changed how the workforce communicates and will only get more integrated into our every day lives as it develops.

I'm not gonna lie, when my CTO first suggested we start using slack, I was not impressed and actually kind of annoyed. I didn't like how it had constant messages and felt it would be disruptive. But after just a few days, it really took off and everyone loves it. For one thing, it's a great alternative to having people use emails. Secondly, if you organize your channels properly, it can streamline communications very effectively. Lastly, it's a great way to build a strong culture on your team. The system is incredibly easy to set up, it's super intuitive and people can figure out how to use it, and it's fun! You can add images of your team in it, use giphys, use smiley faces, and have all sorts of add-on's to the system. It makes communication fun and thus facilitates more communication. Moreover, I love the billing feature where it automatically increases / decreases your billing based on your users and if a user becomes inactive, it will automatically decrease your bill. Very convenient. We use add-ons such as nile.ai to generate wikis through slack, donut to help employees go out for coffee and learn more about one another, and giphy to make the chats fun and enjoyable.

Sometimes slack can be a bit disruptive as it's always on. So for example if you need some private time, you can't always focus because your always getting messages. The simple solution to that is by going on snooze. The other issue is that sometimes information can get lost and it's not always easy to find. The solution for that is to use wikis such as nile.asi.

Mit Google übersetzen

A new (and fun) way to communicate

Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

When we started with Slack, the folks pushing it said, it will cut down significantly on your email. I didn't believe that it would but as more and more people started using it I saw a major decrease in my email. I love not having long confusing threads. If something is posted in a channel everyone in the channel gets to follow if they chose to do so. It makes work life so much easier.

Slack seems to have taken the lead in social media type business communication. We started using them a few years ago and have at times reviewed other systems but always came back to Slack having something that the others didn't. We started with one business unit and recently pushed it out to the whole company as our preferred method of internal communication.

The product is easy to use. People seem to pick it up and start up on it in hours rather than days or weeks. While some people have other tool preferences, most people seem to like working with it.

It is designed to be a fun tool. When you have read all your messages, it will say something silly like, "Your all done, here is a tractor" and show you a picture of a little tractor. Quotes will come up while it is loading although it loads so fast that you don't have time to read them - a good thing. Users can add their own quotes too. Generally it has a fun look and feel to it.

Finally customer support has been fantastic (at least from a user point of view - I am not in IT and therefore not involved in set up support) I have sent messages to them numerous times with questions or suggestions and have always received a fast response back. My questions have been answered and I have even seen a few of my suggestions appear in later releases.

Overall Slack is a strong, easy to use, fun product.

There are a few things I would like to see improved in Slack.

1. Slack gives you options to easily have private group conversations which is nice if you want to discuss something with just three or four people. Bringing another person into the group and letting them see the conversation history is not an option. I understand why they do this. They are supposed to be private messages but it is really frustrating.

2. I am a channel hoarder. I have lots of channels that I like to follow. It would be really nice to be able to organize the channels into folders so that I didn't have some many in front of me. It would also make the one channel I need easier to find. Our company didn't do a great job of setting naming standards so the channel I need is stuck somewhere in a meaningless alpha list of channels.

3. And finally, give us longer channel names! We are stuck with 22 character limit on names and no capitalization which makes Con #2 just a bit worse. People creating channels have to be creative about names which is one of the things that led to our naming standards falling apart.

Mit Google übersetzen

Slack is our top communication channel!

Bewertet am 21.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

1. Email is good, but Slack is better! The ability to easily communicate with the client's w/o loosing any valuable time good for both.

2. We have a very smooth experience using slack after making that shifting decision in the past. And so far we have had no regrets. For us slack is the number one tool for internal and external communication.

3. Slack is like a best friend to me as a Project Account Manager this tool is a must specially if you know how to use the build-in AI Support to help you keep loop on your daily task.

We have been using different communication tool to collaborate with our existing and the rest of our customers. All acknowledge the facts that keeping things together in loop specially in dealing with projects deliverables on time is very crucial for the overall progress. Email is the thing in the past and slack is the existing and future solution for team collaboration.

Slacks offers many features and one of the thing I liked is that it perfectly works will when combined with Trello automation.

I would like to list down below the things we loved the most after using slack for years now:

- It's Free!
- It's fantastically fast and works well with both browser & app version.
- The ability to login to multiple workspace using a single app!
- The ability to create private channels & guest (for Paid version we use this)
- The ability to automation task using Zapier
- and other many handful tools

Because of slack many of our manual and tedious work have been solved now we use the slack paid version for our high profile customers and the free version for internal use.

For us Slack is a perfect tool when it comes to usability, collaboration, and automation.

Our customers loved it!

In the past there was an issue with the Slack App version on Mac about lagging, but so far after few updates it was long gone. Honestly, we been using slack for many years now and if there by any issue or glitches it get's fixed immediately w/o you even noticing it.

Slack Team and Peer use

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This is a piece of software I have used for many years now across multiple companies. And I still remember working at a company that was trying to find a good piece of software for team communications, but could never find or agree on one. The next company I moved to used slack, and I instantly thought, why did we never use this! It is something I always recommend for team communication, and compatibility to other systems, applications.

This is an extremely useful tool for communication within a workplace, as a developer, it allows easy and good formatting for code snippets, collaboration, uploading screenshots, files. You can DM individuals, or groups of people, setup Channels for specific groups.
It has apps available on all platforms, including mobile, so you can keep in discussions on the move.
What is especially great, is the ability to communicate with people outside of work. So you can keep in contact with people you meet or old colleagues on a designated slack url. I find this very useful for talking to people who have specific or more skills in areas to me, so I can gain advice and input from them.
The free usage policy is very good, and for small teams is ideal. On a large organisation, you will quickly hit you limit, and old messages will begin to be removed, so if this is important to keep, then its best to check out their paid for version.
It is a very feature rich application, with a very pleasant UI, and lots of support for adding apps to support it, such as integrating GitHub so slack can keep track of issues, messages and progress of git repositories, or best yet, including Giphy, so you team can have a ball sending random gifs to each other.

From what I can tell, there is no way to snooze notifications from specific DMs, as the snooze applies to all. Not ideal, as there is a DM with a group that is more social than work related, and it would be nice to set that to snooze, whilst remaining not on snooze via the other DMs, so anything work related still notifies me. There is a notify button though, so even if you are snoozed, and someone messages you, they can send a nudge to alert you, if its important.

Mit Google übersetzen

Communicate and be productive in a fun way

Bewertet am 1.2.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

If used properly and to the best interest o the company project and people, slack could be beneficial in communication, tracking and solving issues.

I use slack everyday at work and it is how we as the engineering team communicate with each other without disturbing each other's concentration and space. I started using slack 2 years ago and I can definitely see how easy it is to get stuff done and get the messages out to the team.
- Great for building trust among team
It's basically like a group messenger for work with additional benefits. It even allows GIFs which is pretty awesome. The team members are always on it and sharing each other's fun facts for the day and issues they ran into. it is great to get any new team member onboard really fast and part of the community. It makes people be engaged and part of the project in a much deeper level.
- Simple but powerful
There is not much to slack as it is a simple communication platform but it has incorporated some great tools to make it powerful. It has incorporated access to google drive so if you are using slack outside of work where the shared websites are not blocked it is definitely useful
- Speedy to resolve issues
Have an issue? share it on slack and see how your team members respond. Even though you may not reply to the conversation you are still learning at all times which I found was extremely beneficial.

Slack can be an issue if the team use it for more than just work most of the times,
- Steer away from the goal
many times I noticed team steered away from the actual work and conversation went a different direction. it is easy for that to happen when there are a lot of people in the group and bringing up different points.
- Needing to engage
We all want to be part of the conversation so sometimes that could lead to feeling left out or engaging too much.
- Not the goto method for comapnies
In my case it has always been just used as a side channel for communication so it doesn't really bring much to the table besides active informing.

Mit Google übersetzen

Looking for the BEST communication tool at work? Choose Slack!

Täglich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Slack is a very good tool that supports communication in a team. At work, I use it every day to communicate with my colleagues and I can't imagine working without this application. The transition to Slack itself is smooth and after a few moments each new person or team begins to appreciate its simplicity and functionality. I recommend it to anyone who works in a team.

I have been using Slack for over 8 months and one of the main reasons to use Slack is to limit e-mail communication.To be honest, in my work Slack has allowed me to completely stop using other messengers! I receive emails sporadically, about once a month,because the rest of the communication takes place on Slack. Everything in one place.

How many times have you received an email that was not supposed to be sent to you or some of the people involved in the work were not attached to it? It happened to me notoriously.
On Slack, you can create a channel where everyone involved in a given work can freely discuss. Great solution - the whole discussion in one place! If there is a need for more private discussion, you can create a group where only part of the team will be invited, or write a direct private message, such as on Skype, Lync, Messenger or Google Talks.

It is also worth mentioning, that Slack is not just an internet application. It is also a series of applications designed for various systems - Windows, Mac OS X, and mobile systems - Android and iOS. These applications offer the same possibilities as the web application, and support notifications, thanks to which the use of Slack is even more enjoyable!

I don't have much to say against Slack, but if I had to choose one thing, it would be definitely a file search. Finding anything, a file that was previously described in detail, is almost impossible. If I don't save a file at the time of receiving it, I can unfortunately forget about it, because finding it again is really difficult.

The Ultimate Tool for More Slack Time

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our company (software delivery solutions company – software industry) has been utilizing Slack for over three years to help both our internal and external teams keep organized. Our team often holds meeting remotely and works with distributed teams, sometimes even in other countries. Having the ability to communicate in one place has shown visible improvements in time and efficiency of getting our team work completed. Slack allows you to set up multiple “workplaces”. For example, we have one workplace we use for our external team and a secondary workplace for our primary, internal team. This helps us keep the responsibilities we share in each team separate of each other. Within each workspace you can create separate channels based on a particular group or topic and invite specific members who pertain to it. You also have a channel that enables everyone in that workspace to communicate within one area and/or you chat directly with one individual from that workspace (which would not be visible to anyone else). Slack’s search features are very helpful and work much like Google. You can also specify your search’s by choosing an individual, date, or key phrase to search for. Uploading and sharing PDFs, Excel, PPTs, etc. is also supported and can be easily shared among others. We rely heavily on Google as our file storage system. The free version of Slack provides you with the option to connect it to your Google Drive account so you are notified, with a link, when anyone share

Because we are currently utilizing the free plan for a fairly small to mid-sized team we often run into storage problems. When this happens, the only option you have available is to have each team member go in and delete EACH file individually. This is very tedious and time consuming and can take hours to delete 500 files (tip: keep up with it or do searches to make sure you don’t upload the same files that have already been uploaded to Slack). You can also clear more storage by having the admin delete messages from your teams’ shared messaging area, or what we recognize as our case, “general” channel.

Having the ability to look back into your history is very handy. I would strongly recommend the Standard Slack plan for those who have the extra wiggle room in their budget – which provides unlimited search history and app integration.

I currently utilize the desktop application of Slack, so that it is always on my tool bar and easy to access on the daily; however, it prone to timing out when losing internet connection.

Slack for Team Communication

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use Slack as an internal team communicate tool for transparency of discussions with team members in multiple time zones and also to encourage team bonding. Direct messaging is also conveniently located here and since most of the devs on my team don't actual bother to login to the company mandated direct messaging team, it's easier to get ahold of them.

My previous experience with group real-time communication was IRC. As an employee who had just barely gotten their toes wet using terminal, IRC was intimidating to run and intimidating to find any past conversations because searching it required terminal commands and a third party plugin to just login. It also did not retain history when you signed off, so as one who is on a team that includes people in no fewer than 3 time zones, I often missed communication when I went home. It took some prodding to get our team onto Slack, but once we were on all, we didn't look back. Slack's support of custom bots was, ironically, one of the determining factors for migrating, but we heavily use the drag and drop interface to share files and images all the time, and also push out GitHub notifications from cli testing into our channels. Being able to pin resources to channels and having the little channel blurb at the top has also allowed us to sub-divide into teams and have critical resources for each team (ticket tracking, zoom link, etc) at the top.

I'd say the one downside I feel about Slack is that while they did do a good job improving their search, I still find myself struggling to find things I know I favorited and I can't search favorites. I also wish I was able to tag favorites with my own set of tags.

Slack- Your Best Friend

Bewertet am 29.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, this is a great way to communicate in a work place for all sizes. If you are a new business and want to test this out I would highly recommend doing so. I know several organizations that use slack and I have never heard a negative review about this software.

This is a great and easy way to communicate with staff and employees, especially if this a remote company or you have workers or work remotely. You can set up different channels to keep conversations organized, which also allows you to customize who can see each channel. There is a great new feature that allows you to be invited into another company's slack channel, which is very helpful if you work with different organizations. (this feature only works if both companies have the paid version) Another pro is that you can share anything through slack such as files, videos, pictures, zip-files, etc. This is a fast and effective way I communicate with our web designer by sharing photos, videos, urls, files, and more. The best feature is the app. I download it onto my Iphone and don't miss a thing. It also will notify you if you want to when a new message is posted. The app is so easy to use and functions just as well as the desktop version.

One con of this software is that if you have the free version you only have a limited amount of storage. If you do not send a lot of files and documents than this version should be fine. You can delete files if it gets close to reaching the storage maximum, but if you use this on a daily basis I would recommend buying the premium version. This gives you unlimited storage and space. Also, I wish that new feature of adding other companies to different channels externally worked on all slack versions, not just the paid version. This is a great feature that everyone would love to use.

Mit Google übersetzen

Even the free version of Slack is incredibly useful and feels complete

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

My overall experience with Slack is that it is a very solid virtual workspace for your team. It does seem more geared toward workplace functionality than other similar options such as Discord, which seems to work better for gaming. The control that an admin user has is unparalleled, and it makes file sharing a breeze. The free version is more than ample for any team at work that doesn't want to jump through hoops to get their organization to pony up for the full version, and feels complete as is and not like you're constantly being bombarded to upgrade. There are a few drawbacks such as such reliance on third party widgets for some functionality, but even that is a mild gripe and the army of available widgets to choose from makes up for it. Slack is a great product.

The thing that I like the best about the Slack software is the fact that even the free version of the application (which is the one that we use) has an abundance of features. The biggest drawback of not paying for the software is that older messages are not archived forever and will be deleted as space is required. However, I have found that there is months worth of conversation still stored in the app, which for our purposes is more than enough.

The thing I like least about Slack is that a lot of the extensive functionality, such as polling your users, is done through third party widgets. While this does make for an extensive list of things that you can do in Slack that's too much for the developers of Slack themselves to realistically keep up with, the quality of these widgets are varying and you sometimes have to search through and then test out multiple ones before finding one that works perfectly for your needs.

Don't think Get Slack

Bewertet am 27.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I would like to say that for team collaboration and channel managment, you should definitely go with Slack. There are so many benefits I have got by using Slack.

The best thing about slack is , it keeps you updated with the team collaboration with updated features where you can make your work done.

Apart from that Slack gives you a status feataure to write about yourself for a line or 2 lines sentence. When you are communicating with someone then he/she can see your status sentence. You can edit or clear your status by clicking on your name to the top left sidebar.

Another feature which I liked is when you slack messages are loading there is a random person's status is loaded infront of your screen so that You can get to know about his/her slack status.

Before proceeding for collaboration with your team or person, slack provides its SlackBot to get started with Slack basics so that you can have proper idea to use slack.

One more thing I liked is, slack gives you the notification feature for giving you updates regarding slack messages. You can send messages to yourself which will not be vanished from your slack account. This way you can keep important messages to your personal chatbox.

If you send a piece of Code then it will convert automatically to that code format to understand easily.

Whenever your message is read by someone, then you will not know if that person has read your message or not.
After sending messages to a person, and if a person has not read the message , and you delete the message then that person won't be able to know what message you have sent.
After sometime (Appox : 10 days) , the slack conversaion gets deleted from your account unless you don't have subscribed.
Voice Communication needs to be there in Slack.

Also there are no calender and documents features in Slack.

It uses more memory in Desktop.

Task assignment is yet to be there.

Indispensable work tool

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Working at a company that has 300+ employees and offices in 5 locations worldwide, it is essential to have a platform that allows for flexible communication on various levels, starting with 1 to 1 chats and small group conversations, ending with team & global company channels. I started using Slack almost 2 years ago, and it has been an inseparable part of my work since then. It is simple enough to start using right away, but at the same time offers a wide variety of features and tools to get things going fast and efficient. Overall, it's a great experience and well worth the money if you're considering this for your business.

Slack makes the workflow easy by providing the necessary tools to stay on track with projects. Here are some of my personal favorites from its rich toolkit: clustered unread messages; marking messages as unread to return to them later; scheduled reminders (to yourself and others); starred items; threads; ability to integrate Google Drive, Jira, etc.

The reminder feature is a lifesaver. My daily tasks sometimes reach ridiculous numbers, so the friendly Slack bot always helps me remember about important weekly meetings or updates that I owe to different teams.

Threads are an essential component of my workflow as well. As I actively communicate in more than 30 different channels across the company daily, for me keeping it clean and having comments gathered in one place is very important.

Status updates make it very easy to see if a person is out of office, and the recent option to set a specific time period for the vacay status makes this feature even handier.

I've also used the call feature for my overseas conference calls and it has been quite useful as well, especially when you're used to taking notes right in Slack.

In terms of interface and functionality, the software is very clean and simple and is very easy to use. Channel setup, settings and search system might be a bit complicated at the first glance, but you get used to it once you poke around a little.

I have experienced some connectivity and slow loading issues with Slack and those have probably been the most inconvenient issues to deal with. Aside from that, Slack notifications sometimes tend to be quite intrusive and can really distract from the work at the moment, especially if you have many people messaging you at the same time. I have figured, that disabling the popup notification helps a lot in this case. Having only the badge with notifications count on Slack icon makes you feel a bit more free in your actions and allows to get back to messages whenever you feel that you are done with your task at hand.

Excellent Internal and External Messaging Application

Bewertet am 19.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Overall, Slack is a top-tier messaging application with a lot a fun and practical capabilities. The Slack mobile app is also very well built and user friendly, and integrates nicely with both Android and Apple operating systems. When compared to other IM applications we've used such a Google Hangouts or HipChat, Slack proves to be the superior and preferred interface in terms of both quality and feature capacity. I would definitely recommend this application for both business and personal use.

Slack has incredible integration capabilities, and can connect to a large percentage of other project management and operations software applications. Our of office, for example, we utilize its connectivity to Pingboard, JIRA, and Zendesk to make internal communication both thorough and seamless. It also has great external communications capabilities, and you can set up multiple teams with in a single application, and give each team its own individual permissions settings. On the lighter side, Slack offers fun and entertaining features such a giphy integration and surveys/polling, which are frequently used at our office.

Slack tends to have intermittent connectivity issues, which can be detrimental to workflow, especially if your company has remote employees. My company experienced several service interruptions over the past year, where Slack has gone down for multiple hours at a time, forcing us to resort to other means of communication (email, phone, Google Hangouts, etc.). The quality of Slack's call capability is also spotty, at best. I regularly choose other means of voice communication because I have consistent concerns about the audio quality of any given conversation taking place over Slack phone.

Mit Google übersetzen

Ultimate place for communication strengthening our Business style

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

High Availability: it provides multiple modes of the communications. we can setup channels for the specific topics send messages directly to one and many at same time
search function: one place we can search all the required apps rather than nesting in different tools
Ability to share emoji making the communication funny and attractive.
Best UI and all the required apps at one place

This slack is great for real time group discussions and it has large varieties of the integrations which includes different varieties like Google drive and it has capabilities to include large number of people to communicate at same time. Almost all the big and small organisations are utilizing in expanding their business strategies and productivity. The best of slack is it has an option of the private chat group where only the authorized and permitted members can join and have secure communication. Slack has large variety of the options like snippet exchange file exchange and we can easily create slack bots for our communication with all the elegant features. it sends the push notifications to mobile if it founds message is unread for lot amount of time. I recommend for all the companies to utilize and expand growth in business slack will be best tool it is easy simple secure and with less cost.

The least of this software is there is no calendar which is what we are expecting in the next upgrade a part from that there is no voice call features to communicate. Looking for the preview options in the slack as every time the files need to be downloaded from slack a part from that if there is a preview option the file can be made with pdf this could be much more helpful

Communication for (Cool) Professionals

Bewertet am 4.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We can definitely communicate with almost no exceptions. It takes the "where is this person" out of the equation as you can just send them a message and know when they come online and see it. The benefits to not just sitting and waiting on an answered email are endless.

I don't remember how my team communicated before Slack. It keeps my coworkers connected in and out of the office. It cuts down on our emails and makes communication easy. There are a lot of apps and integrations that can be added to automate processes. You can integrate project management tools, Google Docs, Spotify, Canto DAM, Giphy for some fun with coworkers and so many more.

I love that I can drag and drop files, images and videos into slack to share with my coworkers. In addition, slack allows free integration with many other tools out there. My peers who are software developers talk about how easy it is in the backend for integration.

Slack is easy to use and has great built in functions for notifications. It has really been extremely helpful to get multiple departments talking at times and keep each department informed while not in the same location. The ability to upload files makes it easy to share ideas.

The Screen sharing could be improved, along with mic recognizing.

When network connectivity is lost during screen sharing or calls, the reconnect feature doesn't seem to work really efficiently.

My biggest complaint is that Slack makes you way too available. You're expected to know whats going on whether you are at home sick or in the office working.

Sometimes the app on the phone won't clear your notifications even after reading or checking through them.

Mit Google übersetzen

Incredibly well built and valuable --- also easily a time suck

Bewertet am 3.12.2018
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We used slack as a company both to facilitate communication across all teams (a tech start up that grew from 20 people to 120 people while I was there) and run basic options (e.g. submit bugs to the product team).

It helped us build a strong culture of bonding over personal news broadcasts and basic company updates, and also improved our productivity in certain processes. In other aspects, it was definitely a huge distraction. I would say it's worth integrating with clear guidelines for etiquette.

Once you get the hang of it, it's really well designed, easy to use and really fun. They have so many integrations that make it easy to customize it for a company and yet let each individual employee personalize it for themselves (names, gifs, emoji's, etc).

It's a streamlined way to get a simple answer back or stay in touch with employees you don't happen to be sitting next to. You avoid email overload.

It can be a HUGE time suck and it was very hard to be off slack at any point.

This is probably company dependent, but I was as a tech start-up and it was so easy to spend hours of my day messaging people about work or non-work related topics. This can be fine, unless you're trying to get something meaningful done. People would slack during meetings rather than be fully present. That made no sense to me -- if you're going to be in a meeting, BE in a meeting.

I also felt like I couldn't get off slack on nights and weekends. Again -- that's a company wide decision, but there was an aspect of slack like texting that made people felt like they had to respond when they got a message. Even if you don't respond, it still drives up anxiety to have notifications pop up.