Panopta Bewertungen

Never Blinks

4.5/5 (57 Bewertungen)
Rafe H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Solid, reliable and configurable monitoring and alerting solution

Bewertet am 15.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We started using Panopta over a year ago after having continual problems with some of the other better-known monitoring solutions; continual false-negative reports and convoluted interfaces were causing continual problems for us. Panopta's service has proven to be very reliable, allowing us to configure the points from which our servers are monitored which mean we're getting alerts from regions very close to our users, and we've been able to extend this past simple 'ping' type tests. Their alerting services are easily configurable and adaptable, meaning our staff receives alerts promptly when necessary. We have also had no issues with simple integrations via API to any services we've wanted so far. A couple of times we haven't been able to figure out issues on our own their support has proven to be very fast to respond and diligent with following up on any lingering concerns. Happy to recommend Panopta to anyone looking for a reliable, robust monitoring solution.

Ease of use; reliability; configurability; alerting systems; easily integrated with other systems

They don't have as many 'out of the box' integrations as some of the better-known solutions, however, it hasn't proven to be a big hurdle with a little work.

Andy F.
Mit Google übersetzen

Just the right amount of monitoring

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use Panopta as our front-line monitoring system at Nutshell, a SaaS product. In particular, we needed a tool that would notify the team via phone call, for late-night coverage. Panopta made this easy.

We struggled with the iPhone app at first, but they've launched a new version which works great for us. It's nice to get an iPhone notification as a heads-up before we escalate to phone/text.

The UI to attach notification schedules to services is a bit unwieldy, but they've made significant progress. We lean toward a simple configuration, ("Is the app up?"), and put members into several escalation groups (iPhone -> text -> phone). The effort, cost, and overhead of PagerDuty haven't proven necessary.

Panopta's actual core monitoring platform has been bulletproof for us: no false positives, immediate notifications. It helpfully covers things like SMTP, DNS, and SSL expiry, too.

We use other monitoring platforms, but Panopta is the source of truth, for both the operations team and the rest of the company!

Phone call alerting, bulletproof monitoring, straightforward monitoring of an HTTPS endpoint

The UI to add a new team member to an existing schedule is a bit kludgy

Jonathan D.

Great System Monitoring Solution

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Panopta has been wonderful for providing server monitoring for our applications. The ability to add custom dashboards to show key metrics and add alerts when those metrics are out of policy has been key to monitoring our physical infrastructure and has allowed us to focus on running our products vs running our systems. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to monitor public/private cloud and physical systems.

- Cheaper than competitors
- More features than competitors of similar price
- Very robust dashboard an alert system

- Dashboards can be a bit difficult to change
- Not all features are obvious and can take some getting used to

Hi Jonathan,
We agree, the current dashboard has some faults. Keep an eye out for our Dashboard revamp coming in the beginning of January! Let us know what you think and send us some feedback so we can continue to make improvements.

Richard L.

Panopta is reliable

Bewertet am 7.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I switched from Pingdom after they made "improvements" that rendered a good product unusable. Switching to Panopta was easy, and gave me some extra flexibility in composing checks across multiple protocols.

After two years I have not missed a single outage thanks to Panopta, the service is consistent and reliable.

My main complaint is that their configuration UI is somewhat clunky and slow. Multiple page reloads are often performed for simple updates, and this can make it very slow to make bulk changes. A rewrite using up-to-date single-page techniques would make the UI experience much more fluid.

Reliability. Flexible checks.

Config UI is slow and clunky.

Hi Richard!
Good news! We are releasing our beta 2.0 UI the first week of January. Keep a look out and please send us your thoughts and suggestions as the updates progress.

Michael C.
Mit Google übersetzen

Panopta is a critical element of any hosting setup

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have run a boutique hosting business alongside my web-based app development business for 17 years now. It works out well to have one company develop the software and host it. Being a small shop, I use outside services extensively to put my service offering together, and Panopta is a big part of that. I have never had problems with Panopta, it's always there when I need it.

I could easily put together a system myself to monitor my websites. However, Panopta has a great feature that is difficult to replicate cheaply. Your website has a primary monitoring location - say "California". If the primary monitoring location finds your site down or unresponsive, it alerts other monitoring locations around the world. They all try to hit it then and only then determine if it's down. So if a connection on the internet is down but my site is up, Panopta won't bug me. I've never had a false alarm from Panopta.

I was an early customer from what I can tell (I remember the founder emailing me directly once when I asked a question) and will be with them for a long time. The service has matured nicely over the years and really serves an important role in my company.

It just works.

Sometimes difficult to setup, but the complexity is expected for the service provided.

Seth C.

Uptime Lifeline

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

It's hard enough to keep up with servers 24/7/365 let alone when I'm traveling. The website and app make outages easy to manage when I'm on the go. The alerts come right to my phone. For the price this may be the best vendor I have. Scratch that, "IS"! The price is the same as when I signed up yet now I have a public status page and agent heartbeat to keep my business ticket. It's alive and well. Thanks Panopta!

Agent heartbeat has a very light footprint on the servers. The flexibility of outage alerts is easy to customize as well.

Once, in a while I'll get a false alarm. Although, it's typically due to a new monitoring IP that needs whitelisting. Not too much trouble at all.

Hi Seth!
We could definitely do a better job of notifying you about new monitoring node IP addresses, I'll bring it up to our product team. In the meantime, you could subscribe to our mailing list or RSS feed for quick updates! You can find both here (https://www.panopta.com/monitoring-network/)

Keith P.

Great service

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I was first attracted by their brilliant name and tag line. Looking into the service I was quite impressed at how it operated. We immediately signed up and use it to monitor a few handfuls of nodes. We have now used it for a few years and love it. Our only gripe, and it's more my personal expectations, but faster email response and a reseller or affiliate program :)

Absolutely perfect minutely monitoring.

Support doesn't reply as fast as cPanel. Possibly just my unrealistic 3-hour expectations though.

Kim P.

Panopta is a Life Saver!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Our servers went down before and after we signed up for Panopta's monitoring service. The difference is that we can act on it immediately now. It took literally 2 minutes to setup the service once we had signed up. The wizard did all the work. Now we get texts and emails within a minute of anything happening. This kind of peace of mind is priceless.

Easy to setup.
Can monitor just about anything we would need.

Have not experienced anything negative yet on Panopta. (Been using it for over 2 years)

Vinayak S.

Host online lectures with Panopta

Bewertet am 6.4.2019
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Very user friendly. Comes with a mobile app which greatly helped me watch my university lecture videos on the go. Option to download video as well as you can put a restriction such that a user cannot download.

Sometimes the videos take a long time to buffer. The quality of video does not auto adjust with the internet speed quickly.

Antwort von Panopta

Thank you for the review Vinayak, but just to clarify, were you intending to review our network monitoring solution, Panopta? Or perhaps soundalike company Panopto?

Mihir S.

Excellent Monitor Tools.

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have been using Panopta for a couple years now and find it extremely useful, we have a network of sites that we need to monitor for uptime and we thoroughly depend on Panopta now to monitor their uptime, Panopta has alerted us instantly when the sites or servers are down and helped our team identify issues when a resource is down right away. I would recommend this to anyone is need for a monitoring resource.

Kevin W.

Powerful Intuitive Website Monitoring - Just Lacks a Couple of Features

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I love Panopta. It is my favorite platform for just monitoring websites. The outage simulator, easy tree-style interface, and awesome support will always make it a great system to work with.

Just needs a few extra features such a RUM, APM, etc. There are other competitors that offer similar services for similar prices while also offering additional features as part of the over package.

But, competitor's support is lacking as well as ease of use.

- Nested Object Interface
- On-Call Schedule Built-In
- Calling for Free
- Large amount of monitor types
- Large amount of locations.

- No RUM
- No Docker
- No APM

Antwort von Panopta

Hi Kevin! The good news is that most of what you suggested is on our roadmap; our Docker integration is coming soon! I'll shoot you a quick email with more details.

Erik M.

Works well

Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Works well. Would like a bit more included in the basic packages as I feel it is a bit limited for a small player and the larger packages gets quite expensive quick so it feels a bit prohibitive cost wise for a small player.

Works well

Limited amount of probes in the smaller packages

Hi Erik!

Thanks for the review and the feedback. I'll send over an email so we can discuss a plan that's better suited for you!

Keep an eye out in your inbox

6.0/10
Michael H.
Mit Google übersetzen

Great real time outage alerts

Bewertet am 30.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Panopta allows me to actively monitor in real time the health status of my application. It is easy to set up and robust monitoring makes it ideal for me to monitor several key applications effectively.

Easy setup, real-time monitoring

David A.

Excellent Software

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

This has been an excellent Monitoring Tool to supplement our Internal Monitoring Systems and gives us an Insight into our Network, from External Sources on the Internet throughout the day.

Paul S.

Good stable monitoring

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Used to monitor all of our servers and web apps, allows us to monitor from multiple locations and emails and sends SMS quickly and efficiently.

The service has a lot more to offer than for what I need as I only require basic monitoring and disk/ram/CPU usage and a couple of tests to test a web page is up.

Cheap, fast and reliable and support are very helpful.

Truong P.

Excellent Product

Bewertet am 31.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I've very happy for using your production. It's so great to see in detail what we need from outside from the world.

time for investigate
monitor
alert
maintaince
security
mobile app
scheduler
multi service

Some services are still not on your production. However, I can handle by another method.

Quentin C.
Mit Google übersetzen

Panopta is simply the best

Bewertet am 3.2.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

I have been using Panopta for several years at several different employers. Each time I introduce the solution to my employer, we move forward with keeping it as a long term external monitoring solution. Not only is the platform easy to use, reliable, and intuitive but the staff is EXTREMELY responsive. They have helped me on several occasions on configuring alerts, API keys, etc. Would recommend this as a solution for a business looking for reliable monitoring.

Easy configuration of notifications

Quite frankly, none.

Christo B.
Mit Google übersetzen

Customer and own private DC monitoring.

Bewertet am 7.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Great value for money and product! I could gather from using the product. It is new, but the support to help works on problems that came up was resolved. Efficient and helpful support staff. New features I requested was quickly included and I was informed when the new features came available so I could test.

Happy Reseller and Customer:)

The Value you get for your money.

the Onsite appliance cost is to high.

Guillermo C.

It just works!

Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We use Panopta to monitor our internal monitoring system (yes, somebody needs to watch over monitoring systems too) and also to have a general view of our network from outside, so far has been very solid, they are always improving and releasing new features.

It is powerful, easy to use and affordable

Powerful, you can monitor almost everything
Nice public status page

Timothy G.

Fully Featured.

Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt
Bewertet am 15.12.2016
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We found Panopta after becoming frustrated with Pingdom's convoluted and ever-changing dashboard experience. Panopta, on the other hand, has been great to use. The user interface is fairly modern, despite some quirks, and performance cannot be beaten. It has the enterprise features we need, such as custom alerting schedules and groups, and a comprehensive dashboard that shows exactly what's happening throughout our environment. Would highly recommend.

Fully featured and flexible. Useful for many sites/servers.

Lacking some reporting, the dashboard is a little buggy.

Hi Tim,
Lucky for you, we're releasing our alpha dashboard in the beginning of January! Test it out and let us know what you think. RE: reporting, I'll reach out to you via email so we can discuss what improvements we can make.

Kieran J.
Mit Google übersetzen

A feature full reliable monitoring service.

Bewertet am 9.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Panopta gives us the peace of mind we need to keep our network and servers online and available, it quickly picks up faults and gives us a huge array of options and flexibility on the manner in which we are notified. Being able to schedule different types and layers of notification is especially helpful as we can start with simple emails and work our way up to phone calls.

It is a shame that it doesn't support telephone extensions for calling as it sometimes means that automated phone calls get lost or only partially recorded into voicemail but that was easily worked around by getting direct numbers without extensions where required. Also support for mobile is extremely poor, the mobile app works but the website itself is utterly unusable.

In terms of reliability, to my knowledge we've never had any problems, it always works and picks up faults. I am aware of only one or two occasions in years of using Panopta where there have been false positives.

All in all a good service that I personally would recommend over other monitoring companies.

Rohman M.
Mit Google übersetzen

Your answer for your cluster

Bewertet am 6.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Since using panopta as our monitoring service in Adskom we always notified and resolve our problem faster

Darko A.
Mit Google übersetzen

Perfect tool - help us a lot and save time

Bewertet am 31.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

We have a lot of web applications and portals. With Panopta we are able to track external outstaging rapidly and increase customer satisfaction.

Its easy to use.

Trace is not always good enough monitoring approach.

Michael E.

Wejo review!!!

Bewertet am 30.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

Good overall, great ui and ease of use. Would like to see more options in regards to cloud services like AWS etc.

Lack of cloud managed services

6.0/10
Eric H.

In use for 7+ years

Bewertet am 16.1.2017
Quelle der Bewertung: Capterra

While TeamSupport.com started in May 2008, we did not "open" our doors until late Q1-09. We knew from day 1 that we'd need a tool in place to help us monitor our stack, and alert us well before our customers might notice any issues.

I can say as a long time user, their UI is very simple, and the alerts are always spot on, and easy to manage.

We have several people in our account being notified on various events, and it's also very easy to pause alerting during any planned maintenance.

In all of our years with Panopta, I never once felt a need to complain about their service. They've been an extremely valuable and reliable partner.