RationalPlan

Einfach zu bedienende und erschwingliche Projektmanagement-Software

Sortieren nach

David
  • Branche: Telekommunikation
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Functional, Complete, In Depth, Project Management Software. Very Nice

Bewertet am 6.12.2017

This is a full featured easy to use Project Management software that helps create a WBS and assign/track resources.

Rational Plan software is Great! It has Portfolio Management, Dashboard, WBS, Gantt View, and much much more. It has a downloadable Desktop view that syncs with the cloud version. It is very easy to set up and get started. The resource section is is very helpful for assigning tasks and managing projects. I also like the budget/cost features. I also love the controlling feature and work tracking features. I think this software is excellent

One think I would like to see is the option to use a graphic (Mind Map) view of the WBS. The other item I would like to see is a section for Risk Management.

Gary

Excellent program

Bewertet am 9.11.2018

Easy to use and lots of detail
Looks professional

Would like to have the ability to link tasks from the middle of a task to the start of another

Elisabeth

Ease of Use - Missing Function MULTI

Bewertet am 22.11.2013

Dear Sirs,

I have thoroughly tested your product and found it very intuitive, however especially for a Multiproject plan it is necessary that one and the same ressource (Person) can have different pricing ( e.g. internal/external project/special price project) but is only limited with time per day. I think it would be better to allow a cost change within the project and to eliminate it at the ressource or make the cost more flexible with more prices to choose.

Antwort von Stand By Soft Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Thanks for the feedback Elisabeth, this is on the to-do list but I can not commit for a due date yet as there are a lot of things on the server version

John

RationalPlan Multi

Bewertet am 15.2.2014

Project Management has always a balancing act, sometimes taking a great deal of time to accurately schedule projects, manage resources etc... For years we have used MS Project for doing just this. That is until we found RationalPlan, and we haven't looked back. This software is truly a hidden gem. It offers similar power to MS Project, with a simplified layout, client organizing, work breakdown, scheduling, Gantt chart's etc. etc. It also supports import and export of MS Project files, so for those clients who use MS Project, transferring data back and forth is quite simple. In closing, RationalPlan allows us to plan and communicate with our clients very clearly and has far exceeded our expectations. We now use this software daily for multiple projects, and always have a clear view throughout . It does seems to take far less time to accurately set each up. We have begun to roll this out to our company and have not run into any issues regarding this transition. All in all I cannot say enough about this software and company. The support staff is extremely responsive and friendly. Thank You for a great product.

William
  • Branche: Finanzdienstleistungen
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Good Software

Bewertet am 16.2.2017

I have been using this software to develop project plans for my business...its ease of use and its functional capabilities make it a great tool to develop complex (and even simple) project plans and over all management of planning an budgeting. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who wants an alternate to microsoft....

I have been using project management software since 1983 (CPM or critical path project management software even before microsoft project).

its a great low cost project management tool...

You should have some prior project management experience to better take advantage of all of the powerful features of this product.

Leonardo
  • Branche: Öl & Energie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

good but...

Bewertet am 17.2.2017

It's good value for money but the options to print the Gantt diagram are confused or non existent. There no options to limit the dates for the printing (ie. I want to print form january to september eventhough the Project goes to december), there is no option to copy the diagram to another application, so we have to print in PDF and then copy it, etc. It's not friendly for report elaboration.

Value for money, does the work

It's not very friendly, lack of features to ease the elaboration of reports

Bill
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Bill's MyReview

Bewertet am 1.3.2017

I think this is the best project management software for the Mac at an affordable price. It is easy to use with most of the features found in the Microsoft project management softwareI am still wishing for a PERT Chart

I use this software to help me develop proposals.

Only thing I miss is the PERT Chart

Sandra
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Very good software at a reasonable price

Bewertet am 18.7.2017

I was able to provide it to many people in the organization for a reasonable price, with the assurance of knowing that it incorporates good, solid project management principles.

It most closely resembles the functionality in MS Project for a fraction of the price. It was obviously created by someone who understands project management, as evidenced by the list of steps on the left side. It supports dependencies, durations, and resource allocations that work together to come up with a completion date.

Online help documentation is practically non-existent, and the only apparent support is through email.

Tarvo
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Quite positive

Bewertet am 16.2.2017

We are using RationalPlan already several years and this tool enable to make project plan quite easy way, unlike MS Project, which require much more ecperience/time. So there is much value for money.

All needed functionality is there. Easy to learn.

NOthuing

Randall
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Rational Plan Review

Bewertet am 16.2.2017

I have been a paid user of rational plan for a number of years. My experience has been nothing but positive. It's more than a cheaper alternative to Microsoft project. It goes almost you're to toe with it. The interface is still not as polished, but they keep improving and their customer service is spot on. I really recommend it to those needing project planning power but want better value for their money.

Easy to use. Mimics most of features of Microsoft Project. Great customer service. Good export options.

Interface still need work in terms of user friendliness.

Jennifer
  • Branche: Non-Profit-Organisation Management
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Special Events

Bewertet am 20.11.2018

It has been a great addition for our special events and maintenance projects.

User-Friendly and easy to navigate. With little instruction, our special events director was able to set up the events with mininal assistance.

Nothing so far. Customer service has been very helpful.

William
  • Monatlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

Best alternative to MS Project or Primevera!

Bewertet am 23.2.2017

I own a small business and can not afford expensive software so I looked for a while for a scheduling program that would work but wasn't too expensive. I had learned Primevera Project Planner in college but that is an enterprise level program with a hefty price tag. I tried several free programs before I came across RationalPlan. RationalPlan is full featured, easy to use, performs well and is reasonably priced. As with all project planning programs I have tried my only complaint is with the printouts. It's a chore to get the schedule to print out nicely. I'm sure this will improve in future versions and I look forward to using RationalPlan for the foreseeable future.

Price, ease of use, features, interface.

Printing difficulties.

Danny

Super easy

Bewertet am 16.2.2017

I can't belieave how super easy it is to plan out complex projects with this powerful software! I use it for all my projects!

Ease of use.

Not a lot of functions and ability to customize the layout.

Antwort von Stand By Soft Übersetzen auf: Deutsch

Hi Danny,

Please send an email to [email protected] with the language that you are using and the texts that are missing translation to get them solved.

Tiberiu Ghioca

Laurent

Provides what I need

Bewertet am 28.2.2017

My main use for a project planner is to manage dates, and resources somewhat. RationalPlan allows me to do this, and it also allows me to track changes and decisions over the course of the project. It's easy to use and provides the features I need the most. It's not complete, and there are a few features I would like to have (text import, cell highlighting), but overall it does the job and does it well.

Provides the features I need
Imports Excel Project files

Cell background highlighting (instead of font only) would be a nice addition

Jim

Excellent

Bewertet am 23.7.2014

The Rational Plan software is easy to use with a little trial and some questions to support staff. My experience with the RT Support Staff is 1000% based on 100% being perfect.

I have a very old Mac that lost its hard drive. When I tried to download RT to the new hard drive it would not load the latest version due to the age of my OS. They went out of their way at no additional expense to me to find a solution that would work on my computer and downloaded it to me --- and they did a special for me to download the latest version.

AWESOME SERVICE!!!

Léopold

Very happy

Bewertet am 26.2.2015

I am a Sales Manager for Steelmaking equipment and using notes as an essential software for my organisation.
I was looking for software which could link to notes and would be easy to use and efficient as well.
After all of them have shown their limits, I have tried Rationalplan for multiple projects and found it so easy to use. I was especially happy to see that it fully works with MS Project files.
And for this great software, the price is really afordable.
Super, thanks for your great work.

Stuart
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Good simple project planner

Bewertet am 16.2.2017

I picked this up to generate simple programmes for construction projects, and was pleasantly surprised to find it easy to use, and also capable of much more complex task, resource and project management. It has a straightforward interface, and is reasonably intuitive, offering layers of complexity without requiring their complete use. It's one of those packages where the more you use it, the more useful it becomes.

Splendid.

Low cost. Simple to use. Capable of more complex management if you need that.

Control of the graphic output could be better, especially for printing gantt charts.

Charles

Suitable for professional use!

Bewertet am 12.6.2013

Suitable for professional use!

Nice multiplatform interface
Server allows resources to report their task completion
Customer support very helpful and responsive

No automatic planning based on task's work and resource availability, but it's the only thing missing from MS project, for a fraction of its price

Some UI can be counter intuitive, but that's OK

Don

Software which impresses

Bewertet am 23.2.2017

OK, so it takes a little time to understand how it works, but then... Clients have been very impressed with the outputs and I discover more features with each project I start. It is excellent value for money and the updates just keep rolling in so that I always have the most current version. One of the best software purchases I have ever made - a great investment.

Robert

Great Alternative to Microsoft Project

Bewertet am 17.2.2017

This app is everything you need for mpp files. Great value and easy to use. Also easy to print PDFs.

Ease of use and price.

No problems yet.

Luca
  • Branche: Groߟhandel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

A nice alternative at Microsoft Project

Bewertet am 23.2.2017

The only thing about this software is the price. For the rest is a optimal solution for project management.

Feautures

Price

Jim

Good project manager

Bewertet am 16.2.2017

I am not sure project managers as I have seen them is what I am actually looking for . However, of all I have looked at I do like Rational Plan. It has a lot of features well laid out, nice facebook page and decent online manual.

Nice layout and features

None

Edwin
  • Branche: Tiefbau
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Monatlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

RationalPlan is a very convenient alternative to the more well-known project planning software.

Bewertet am 24.2.2017

RationalPlan is so intuitive that I have never had need for customer support since purchase. More effort needs to be put into advertising this software so that more people become aware that they have an alternative to the more well-known software packages which may be too expensive for an individual user. Functionallity is superb.

Ability to read some common files generated by other common project planning software

Jose

My feelings on RatioalPlan

Bewertet am 24.2.2017

I moved from Microsoft MS Project to Rational Plan because I migrated to MacBook Pro and it was easy to install under OS. I found the Rational Plan very similar to MS Project and very friendly to sue.

Kind regards

José

Peder

Best project management software

Bewertet am 23.2.2017

For it have what I require. There was sime problem with Hi resulition screen. But the support was really good. Also when I had some ither questions they answered quick. Even at hilidays and evenings.