Procore

Elijah R
Elijah R
  • Branche: Programmentwicklung
  • Unternehmensgröße: Selbstständig

Procore allows me to work more efficiently and lets me keep all data and projects in one place.

Bewertet am 5.11.2022

My overall experience has been extremely positive. I used to keep all my projects, reminders, and other data across different Microsoft platforms such as word and excel. Now that I use Procore I don't get overwhelmed when I am working on more than one project at once and that has helped me streamline my work efficiency.

The best part about Procore is that I can simply compartmentalize when I am working on multiple projects by keeping everything in one place and it's ease of use.

There are a few menial things that I've noticed take longer than they should such as changing your personal phone number or email. The price is also slightly high but for the quality you are getting with this software it makes sense.

Patrick
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung

An Architect's Perspective

Bewertet am 7.12.2020

Overall, I'm lukewarm to the idea of using Procore, but when a contractor offers a credit to the Owner to use their already established program versus setting up the project in a different software package it's hard to argue with that benefit. I still do not use Procore for field reports and punch lists as I think there is other software out there better suited for those applications.

Admittedly, I fought the use of Procore by my firm for a while. As it became a more prevalent tool used by contractors on my projects on a regular basis I was more or less forced to learn how to use it. In the end, I'm moderately satisfied with the functions that I'm most concerned about as an architect such as tracking RFI's and submittals, creating custom logs and tracking field issues. The bulk of the set up work was performed by the general contractors in each instance as they are using the software for accounting purposes as well. The ability to track drawing changes and updates is also very handy.

While I am still happy to use this software to make the contractor's life easier, it is still a bit cumbersome. The ability to apply multiple sorting fields to RFI's and submittals is a nice feature, but cumbersome to load on the webpage. At times it seems that there are perhaps too many options, especially when trying to create something simple such as a "Open RFI" template to use for meetings. And speaking of meetings, the meeting minute layout within the program is, to put it mildly, garbage. The software is clearly written with the contractor in mind, as if the CA process on the design team side is almost an afterthought. On my most recent project, I had to work with the GC and Procore in order to have the proper RFI and submittal routing established so items don't sit in limbo and become late.

Erica

Procore Could Use Work

Bewertet am 3.6.2024

Able to add and track mutiple projects and cosding

Not worth what you pay for the program.

Pedro

Procore does it again!

Bewertet am 1.4.2024

Manner in which we can save documents in folders and make them accessible to all users. Also, financial tools are strong and consistent in interface.

Inspection templates can be made much easier to import. Create more standard templates to import.

Perfect
  • Branche: Software für die Automobilindustrie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best software ever created

Bewertet am 9.3.2023

Financially we've improved as the system guides us towards making more efficient decisions and cut unnecessary costs and expenditure

Great software it is user friendly and allows me to catch up with my backlog in time, its fast its efficient , it is just perfect I love it.

At times the system has glitches either than that everything is great

SAP Ariba

Warum Procore gewählt wurde

The system was too cumbersome

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Procore

A friend that referred to me really impressed me by detailing the usefulness of the product and I was sold.
Todd

Continual Improvement

Bewertet am 16.1.2020

Overall, the program makes my life easier in the construction field. And they are always improving. Just this week they reached out to me to help them improve the scheduling tab. They are always reaching out to us end users to make sure they are keeping up with us and our demands.

It brings all the components for construction into one place. It is mobile and easy to use. And searching for information is easy. It even looks into documents to find key wording.

In areas where you have minimal internet service. It creates a hindrance. The Drawing tab and schedule tab need work. I wish they could incorporate Bluebeam Revu with the drawings.

Frederick
  • Branche: Möbel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Project management software

Bewertet am 16.1.2020

So far the software has been a good way for our company to improve our project management processes and become more efficient overall.

Good initial onboarding and training from the company. This was very helpful so IT did not have to train. Easy to administrate. We were able to train a user to help facilitate some of the admin responsibility. Drawings are easy to edit and file storage is helpful. Project flow is great and has been helpful.

It is not easy to integrate with other platforms and requires assistance from the company. They should make that an easier process. Phone app is good but has room for improvement.

Vickie

Project History

Bewertet am 7.1.2020

Tracking all drawing rev's; tracking all change events (whether resulting in an adjustment to budget or schedule or not).

Procore provides a complete project history, from start to finish, including all revisions to drawings, parties receiving information, etc. No project data is ever lost or discarded.

Do not have the ability to create a duplicate transmittal, would be extremely useful when submitting documentation.

SAP Concur

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Procore

Excellent customer support as well as training and continuing ed modules.
Nick

Very user friendly

Bewertet am 12.12.2019

We use Procore daily for all of our jobs. It is very easy to use on all platforms, from mobile to desktop, it's all very easy.

The greatest feature I think I have found yet is how easy it is to customize and set up how we as a company set up the jobs and features within the job.

Initially, the ability to customize certain inspections wasn't an option. That really created issues at first, but since our first implementation, there has been updates and upgrades to the entire platform that have already made a very user friendly product, even better.

Amy
Amy

Would Rather Not Have Been the Guniea Pig

Bewertet am 19.9.2023

We were previously integrated using Ryvit (now DataXchange) however, when we moved our projects under a different company in Vista and tried to resync/integrate, the process failed. We spent roughly 4 months trying to make our projects whole again. The likelihood of someone else running into the same issue is slim but my point is- make sure you look into all limitations and have contingency plans in place for if the integration is unsuccessful. It is only after having this disrupt our entire company that we learned some of these very critical nuances that can cause integration to fail. They have since added additional tools following the lessons learned with our company, but it was not pleasant being the guniea pig for troubleshooting.

We have a new Customer Success Manager who is far more engaged than previously. Fairly comprehensive

The integration process was a nightmare given the right individuals were not engaged in the conversation. Users do not know what they don't know- we need our software partners to help us understand limitations. Not FedRamp certifiedNot the best platform for projects with numerous areas

jared
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Deceiving features. Wont allow you to test drive. Nothing seems to be natively done in Procore.

Bewertet am 26.8.2022

We have solved nothing by using procore. We recently added the Action Plans module in an effort to gain transparency and accountability to task assignments that could be templatized. We were consulted it would solve our painpoint with tasks. We spent $7500 just adding that module to find out it cannot be reported on...so there is no accountability to the assignee. No one knows what actions need to be completed or what actions they are assigned to unless they drill into the project or receive email alerts. After 3 days (before implementation of it) I found that this segment would be useless to us...they would not refund us and kept all $7500...Keep in mind we are already a procore customer and they consulted us to purchase that segment. We feel pretty taken advantage of honestly. and the fact that the software just simply will not do basic functions and actually alleviate manual entry i would not recommend this product to anyone.

The user interface looked great from a far and on our demos.

Nothing seems to be done natively within procore. Scheduling done outside. getting accounting to integrate is painful and ultimately we didnt do it. Action plans cannot be reported on based on the assignee. Tasks are created individually which creates manual entry and no visibility or accountability. Timesheets and schedule doesnt integrate with the workforce planning module...seriously?

monday.com

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Procore

The branding is done well. They are local to us, so i felt we would get better customer support. And the sales demo seemed well done. But it ultimately hid the manual tasks that need to be done.
Jason
  • Branche: Computer-Software
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great software if you are looking to improve your construction business and gain better...

Bewertet am 1.2.2022

Procore allows better insights into your projects. This enables you to deep dive into problem areas and quickly make decisions on how to correct. You can plan better across your entire organization, rather than looking at project by project issues.

It's quite expensive. If you are not getting the value out of the system you are paying for, you could mistakenly turn your back on it. Best bet is to figure out how to gain the biggest ROI out of Procore, even if that means hiring a Procore Certified Consultant to help.

Emily

We love Procore

Bewertet am 8.4.2021

Procore is truly helping our interaction from office to field- it helps us to stay on top of drawings, distributions, etc and not skip a beat from getting it out of one persons hands and into the next. It is interactive and allows us to share pertinent details with appropriate people, and keep it all in one spot.

We love the ability to work WITH our subs on our project management software, instead of it being an in-house only product.

There are a LOT of working points and a lot of tiny steps that are required to make certain workflows function properly. Once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze but getting there can be tough.

• Branche: Bau

I am a construction project manager for a multi-family construction general contractor.

Bewertet am 1.2.2018

It saves time, collects a ton of data into one place, and there are no limits on size.

I have used the software previously as a subcontractor and now working for a general contractor. Procore keeps all necessary construction documentation in one, easy to access place with no space restrictions. It can be utilized offline for those out of the way projects. Once the system is understood and practiced, it is quite useful. Sometimes my office is 500+ miles away from the jobsite. I can be on the phone with my superintendent, looking at the same documents while on the phone discussing the issue. Submittals and RFI can be turned around in a day (if all team members are paying attention and on board with Procore.) I can have owners included on the system with limited access to photos and reports. Everyone in our office uses Procore; project managers, coordinators, AP, AR, and directors. I remember how we used to do everything with hard copies and ship back and forth between team members. Procore speeds up the process and streamlines everything.
I also had to sit through depositions for a project that went wrong, 6 years after the project was completed. All of the evidence was either printed emails, or hard copies of daily reports, pictures, etc. I feel like I would have been better covered and better represented if I had all of my documents organized within the system and structure of Procore.

While Procore is a great system, it is a complicated system and takes some time and training to adopt and master. Like any other program, Procore can only be as good as the data and information uploaded. I find it most difficult to get architects and engineers on board initially. Once on board, most of them question why they were so reluctant, but it is almost always a process. Subcontractors are very similar, although many of our subcontractors still fax over using email.

Patricia
  • Branche: Design
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Great Project Collaboration Tool!

Bewertet am 14.2.2017

Procore is extremely easy to use and learn. The online training videos are brief and well organized to teach what you need to know. We were able to very quickly ramp up our project and start using Procore for our project team and found most of our subcontractors were also interested in seeing Procore in action. Any interactions I have had with customer support or their designers has always been extremely helpful. It's always great to get a call request from the designers related to a suggested change that you put in wanting to make sure that what they are looking to do will meet your expectations or at least how they can better meet your expectations. I love signing into Procore and having the popups telling me what new changes they have implemented overnight, shows they are always growing and improving their product to better meet the needs of their clients.

Very easy to use and set up the preferences. Document uploads are simple drag and drop functions in most areas. Creating user access templates and controlling or restricting access to certain areas of the platform is very easy. Individuals at all levels throughout the process are fairly easily able to understand what they need to do as it is very intuitive.

The user access setting need to be customizable at a lower level of detail, I would have rated five stars for Features & Functionality if it weren't for this. I find myself having to give people within the group full Administrative rights to tools in order for them to do what should be a task available at a lower level without full rights to change setup of the tool. If you aren't doing the same or extremely similar projects each and every time, there needs to be a Corporate level for reporting purposes and what they now have as "Company" level would be more the project level for those projects that are almost identical and/or being performed by the same project group. Changes made to the company level affect all the projects underneath that company and many settings are only at the Company level so if your projects aren't VERY similar to each other this may not work out well. In our case, Procore has managed a work around for this but it causes many of the executive dashboard functions to not work right. Limited customization but with a little ingenuity you can figure out ways to make things work.

Josh
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Program Overall; however, a few features and processes that need fixing

Bewertet am 9.12.2016

Procore overall is an excellent program. Their cloud-based platform works really well for compiling large amounts of data among many users. Store and share essentially unlimited job-site photos. Upload the project drawings and enable great team collaboration with their drawing editing tools; such as, linking RFIs to a section of the drawing, or highlighting a specific detail to ask the team about later. In project management software, the inclusion of a functional mobile app is crucial and Procore nails it fairly well. For our construction management use, we are pleased with the auto-reminder feature in-which the person responsible for approving RFIs, Submittals, ect.. will receive daily reminders to complete their over-due tasks. The tool is also highly advanced in setting specific permissions per user - maybe you don't want your subcontractor to view all of the project data - Procore makes this easy.

> Unlimited storage for your project photos, documents, drawings, etc...
> Easy to use, free mobile app (Android & iOS)
> Everything is archived and stored in an organized manner, it's like having your entire project in a cloud-based filing cabinet
> The project / company directory tool is really great and well organized, you can also easily download a contact's business card for upload into Microsoft Outlook
> The daily log tool is excellent for the superintendent to record all day-to-day activities on the job-site. A report can be produced looking at all daily logs throughout the project. A great asset to have in the occurrence of a dispute.

> The built-in scheduling tool is cumbersome and sub-par. It's better just to run project scheduling out of different software all-together (I.E. Microsoft Project or Primavera). However, Procore does allow for you to upload your MS Project or Primavera files, this is very handy.
> You cannot create sub-folders within the Photos tool. Just one folder per location / subject to store all of the photos in. We would find it useful to have sub folders, such as: Folder 1 = Pre-Construction Photos, Folder 2 = Building A, Folder 3 = Unit 101 ... ect...
> Once an RFI is created and sent, it cannot be edited. there are many instances in which we need to modify RFIs after they've been sent, sometimes the client even requests it from us.
> It'd be great if the Photos tool on the mobile app allowed for users to take pictures using the cell phone's volume buttons

Brynne

Procore - Great Software Program for General Contractors

Bewertet am 1.8.2016

There are numerous things I like about Procore. What I like best about Procore would be that it is a great organizational tool. It helps streamline every day tasks, whether it be sending submittals to be approved or simply keeping track of time spent on site. The fact that it helps so much with time management (which is key for project planning) is a crucial aspect of the software which makes me really enjoy it. It makes life easier by keeping record of just about every aspect of a project. It's extremely helpful that Procore keeps track of emails for you in regards to things like submittals. This makes it so there is no confusion about whether or not an email was actually sent or received. The software also allows construction documents to get approved in a more time efficient manner. I love that the architect, or whomever is the approver, can do so online via a credible software instead of just word of mouth, or in an email. It is much more legitimate. In terms of the vendor, they have been great. Their customer service is outstanding. They are readily available to help no matter what time of day it is - which is wonderful. They also provide many tutorials and seminars to help get a deeper understanding of the software and all that it does. Every time I have contacted customer service they have been quick and to the point. I really appreciate this because when I am at work, my time is even more valuable and I have a sense of urgency with everything I do. Being in the construction industry there are always crucial deadlines that are important to make. I don't have time to sit and chat with customer service for hours as they ask me annoying protocol questions that jump around the initial question that I have. So Procore has really been great with that.

Some of the layout is bothersome. For example, the project directory. The project directory would be better for close out documents if it was organized in a different way. I would love to see procore organize it by division. The software is also rather costly. It is a big expense, though I have found it to be worthwhile.

Laurel
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great software for managing and organizing multiple projects

Bewertet am 6.10.2022

Overall Procore has helped with tracking and organizing our various projects, especially as our company continues to grow. We are using the basic tools in Procore, but I look forward to figuring out more ways to improve our productivity and organization as we continue to use the product.

The software integrates with other software that we have already been using. It helps us keep everything we need in one place and makes it easy to track project progress and subcontractor progress. Our team is also spread out between the office and field with projects all over Southern California and it allows our office team members and project managers to all be on the same page no matter where they are working.

There are some technical issues that we have experiences with payments accidentally syncing twice. It would be nice if we could manually adjust the PCO and PCCO numbers in case of error to make sure everything matches up, as well as being able to approve the status of PCOs or invoices even if there is another PCO or invoice that is approved after the one that needs adjustment. It would be great if the commitments were separated by the different Prime Contracts they belong to, similar to how the client invoices are organized, instead of having all of the commitments lumped together. Also having to manually set up new billing periods for every project is a little tedious and it would be nice if new billing periods could be created the first day of the new billing period automatically.

Heather
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

ProCore has revolutionized our ability to manage projects across the United States.

Bewertet am 25.3.2017

I am not sure if this is taking place yet, but universities and trade schools that offer construction management degrees and certifications should absolutely be introducing project management software as part of the curriculum.

Cloud-based. Great customer support. Willing to do the work and research it takes to develop the tools needed in the field.

There is soooo much to learn. There is a rather long learning curve, if you've never used programs like this. The thing that would be most helpful to me is if there were not just a video, but an interactive tutorial for the tools procore offers. It would be much easier to learn them if we had to "practice" using them without the risk of screwing up our project or making a bunch of entries that we have to back out because we did it wrong. That is what keeps most of us from utilitizing ProCore to it's full potential. It would also be awesome if we could EASILY see who can see the information being input in to ProCore. I know we set up permissions, but if you have more than a couple of Admins, like we do, those permissions might get changed. It would be nice if we could click on the "configurations" or "settings" in a certain tab and just see a list of people that have access to the tab. Last thing... dammit, we need to be able to set up meeting templates. Our basic template for Owner/Architect meetings, Project Kick off Meeting, and weekly sub meetings NEVER CHANGES. We need meeting templates that can be set up at the company level and added to each project, just like inspections.

Ahmed
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

An advanced platform that helps organize projects and is ideal for monitoring progress

Bewertet am 15.12.2022

Procore has helped us do a lot, and I appreciate how it kept members from repeating work and gave us many organization options, especially in terms of submission schedules and how easy they are to follow.

Procore's high-quality services allow us to manage all our projects on a single platform connected to the cloud, and we can also access them at any time. The amount of information and data related to all aspects of a project that Procore helps us collect and arrange is hard to find on any comparable system. I like the way Procore organizes project events and the sharing features with members so we can easily collaborate on reports and other submissions. I particularly like how we can manage work programs, track closing dates for all activities, give progress updates, and warn members about pending activities so they can follow them according to their major. It's amazing how Procore schedules allow us to monitor all submissions and ensure that approvals or resubmissions of rejected applications are done on time.

The Procore platform and their customer service work well, and I haven't encountered any technical issues while using it.

Pamela
  • Branche: Gewerbeimmobilien

Intuitive and Powerful !

Bewertet am 16.2.2017

We have been using Procore for over two years, to manage small renovation projects for multiple university projects. We typically have 30 active projects running concurrently, in all phases of construction. With multiple clients (departments), designers, subcontractors, and vendors, it was important to have a construction information management system that was easy to learn and use for many people, without having to pay a seat license for each user. We don't use all of the modules, but the drawing management, submittal, and RFI modules are real time savers. We have also found that Procore makes it very easy to extract and archive project data upon completion of a job.

Very intuitive interface, plus exceptional tech support via "chat." Very good mobile app allows the architect to answer RFIs right from a cell phone, as easy as responding to an email. This helps gets questions answered quickly. Also, easy to keep up to speed on multiple projects concurrently with dashboards. The automatic e-mail reminders on overdue items help keep the entire team on track.

The meeting minutes tool is not as intuitive as the rest of the modules, and takes a bit of practice to get used to. Very good documentation once you get through the learning curve.

Allison
  • Branche: Architektur & Planung
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Procore Impressed our Team and our Clients

Bewertet am 28.4.2023

We began using Procore on a large multi-building multi-phase project. The software was easy for our team members to use and the more they used it the more they were impressed by it. The organization of the paperwork was a dream compared to the endless Excel spreadsheets we previously used. Procore's interconnected features made our Project Engineers more efficient in their paperwork. The ability to take a tablet out on the site and step away from their desk made them more involved in the work being done.

The interconnection between the construction drawing set and the RFIs was very impressive for our team and our clients. This wasn't an aspect we were expecting when we initially started with the program. Our clients were also impressed by the "ball-in-court" tracking and the accountability it presented. Everyone on the project could see where something was sitting. The optional email notifications and reminders were helpful and made one less thing for our team to do.

Procore was very adaptable and the Support Team was available and helpful when we were doing the initial set up. I don't have any suggestions for improvement at this time.

Alicia
Alicia

Magic Project Management Tool

Bewertet am 5.5.2020

Overall experience has been fantastic, whenever I need anything all I have to do is pick up the phone or send a quick email and they promptly respond.

I love the ease of use, simple design and ability to have everything in one location. No one comes close to the customer support they provide. We will never go back to any other PM software again.

The only con I see is Procore being more tailored for General Contractors, I would like them to offer more tools for sub-contractors as we are unable to ultilize most of the system.

eSUB

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Procore

Work of mouth and reviews
Eric
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Works great if you take the time to learn it's features. Getting subs to use it can be...

Bewertet am 5.5.2017

Accessibility is one of the big items. No longer do we have to look for a print, a file on a shared drive server or written note that had that important contact information on it. Benefits will continue to grow alongside procore as it continues to be improved upon

Everything in one location, drawing management, ability to track what has or hasn't been done. Procore support has been second to none and it's great to see a product that consistently makes improvements on a regular basis rather than every once and a while.

1. Scheduling tool is almost useless if you want to update it daily. The ability to create and modify the schedule without having to go through a third party would be a great improvement. The ability to do so from the app would be an added bonus.

2. Great for managing an overall project but not great for workplace collaboration within your own company. I find many using other programs to help with that aspect and it would be great if procore allowed easier communication between project team members

Justin
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Procore construction software simplifies management

Bewertet am 3.2.2017

We signed up with Procore late 2016 in order to simplify the management of a large school project we were about to undertake. Well since then we have added other projects into the system and learned quite a lot and found many useful functions of the Procore system. Our office starts uploads the job files and drawings, our site managers and supervisors and sees what's going on, work on the schedule, check and mark up drawings if needed including making RFI's on site and dealing with them then and there. Everyone involved within the project can see what's happening and be informed of the progress, issues can be raised and dealt with quickly and efficiently and we can also carry out site inspections and record meeting notes within procure. Our office managers can follow budget tracking for a particular project, check costs and any variations, look at what cost variations relate to and how they impact the overall job. It basically takes all the smaller tools and a variety of different methods and integrates them into one package that's easy for everyone to use. Even our clients have a simple way to see what's going on with the project and photos of the progress.

It's easy to use (even for our not so technically minded staff) and the information can be accessed virtually anywhere with office staff entering information via the web and site managers through the iPad app. One of the biggest features is the control of drawings and document management, this ensures our site managers always have the latest information, avoids any confusion and streamlines any markups and RFI's.

Whilst the iPad app is good I believe it can be a lot better. We use Ipad Pro devices and there is a lot of screen real estate that can be taken advantage of with this app. We look forward to a revised iPad pro app that fully takes advantage of the system.