Mavenlink

Software für Projektmanagement, Ressourcenplanung und PSA (Professional Services Automation)

559 Softwareoptionen

Rachel S.

A Project Manager's Dream Software

Bewertet am 7.10.2020

Overall, I've been very happy with Mavenlink. While it might not be the least expensive software out there, it's very robust so you definitely get a great bang with your buck. Their customer service is top notch - I always get a quick response when I reach out whether through support or through my CSR. Mavenlink made me more efficient at my job. Before Mavenlink, I was having to reconcile budgets to know project health by using 3 or 4 different systems (one for time tracking, one for task management, one for schedules/resource allocation, and another for the project information). Mavenlink has saved me so much time, and it's easy for me to look back at projects and learn from them for future projects.

Mavenlink gives me a real-time view of project burn rates, utilization (billable vs. non-billable), and makes the life of a project manager so much easier. Being able to quickly look over all projects to check the burn rates (if it's green then it's good; if it's red then it's bad) saves me so much time.

Like any software there is some give and take. The only thing I would like added is the ability to make overall project budgets and resource allocations repeat each month like my tasks do. However, the entire task repeater part that we use was an integration that we negotiated to have built for us when we originally contracted with Mavenlink.

Asana, Basecamp, Wrike und Smartsheet

Warum Mavenlink gewählt wurde

None of the systems/products that I used before talked to each other. I was spending hours of my time trying to reconcile budgets to know burn rates and project profitability, etc. Mavenlink solved that issue and gave me back some time.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mavenlink

Mavenlink offered more robust features that required less integrations. We only had to have Mavenlink do one integration for us, and it replaced multiple other software/products.
Heather H.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great company and product - still room to grow but on the right track!

Bewertet am 31.10.2021

The product has brought our processes to the next level and the overall experience has been positive.

Resource planning was made 1000% better by using the Mavenlink product. It is an intuitive modern UI that is feature rich across the board.

There are some gaps in the product and areas where I wish it had been more configurable. For instance, invoicing could use more flexibility in terms of how you build out an invoice (and how you display things on the invoice). Also, time tracking is easy but notes aren't required nor is there a config to make them required which has been a big pain for us.

Kimble und FinancialForce PSA

Warum Mavenlink gewählt wurde

OpenAir is a horribly overly complex product with a very clunky resource planning module. In addition, NetSuite is now owed by Oracle and their responsiveness in terms of improved product features has come to a halt. Mavenlink's product is a breath of fresh air after OpenAir.

NetSuite OpenAir

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mavenlink

Because of it's ease of use and company culture.
Brendan M.
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Good system but some frustrating issues

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

Useful overall, but the more time I spend with it the more I realize it is missing some key functionality that would save a lot of time. It's much more difficult to update a project in Mavenlink than past systems I've used, and I think there are some beneficial tweaks that could be made

From an ease of use standpoint, time entry and project creation is fairly straightforward. It's also nice to have access to so many reporting features, although I imagine that's even more valued by the leadership team rather than staff.

Three major issues stand out to me and my colleagues:

1- the software is very slow at times, and the more time I spend making edits to a project the longer it takes. In some cases, the lag is so bad that a task that should take 10 minutes ends up taking 30 since I wait so long for the system respond. The more tasks and individuals assigned to a project, the worse it is. Customer service suggested I delete my cache, but this was a temporary and fairly ineffective solution

2- It'd be great to have a simple place where I can see exactly how many hours a team member has on a project. Right now, we can only see time assigned to individual tasks, and then need to calculate the total manually

3- When tasks get extended or shortened, it'd be great to have a way to have Mavenlink automatically distribute time accordingly. For example, if I have 1 hour assigned for a 1-week long task, it'd be nice if I could automatically change this to 30min/week if that task were extended to being 2 weeks long. I know time can move automatically if the gantt is updated, but that only works if the task stays the same duration and hasn't started yet. Other systems offer this feature

Trevor S.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Powerful tool that needs minor improvements to be a powerhouse

Bewertet am 24.8.2021

Scheduling, capaccity, status tracking, project health tracking, budget, etc all in one place. Tons of data available and a pretty robust API to expand on the capability.

It is slow and seems clunky at times. Viewing master planner is the biggest place I notice this.

Mike C.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Awesome platform that's only getting better

Bewertet am 31.10.2019

Overall, using Mavenlink has been great - it has made a very positive impact on day-to-day functions as a business. I would recommend it highly to agencies for its flexibility and extensive functionality to manage resources and projects.

The reporting functionality Mavenlink offers is extensive and has enabled us to get much better visibility to our project, program, portfolio and resourcing data.

Which in turn has allowed us to set/adjust our KPI/KRIs and better inform business decisions with the data we have available.

In using Mavenlink how it's meant to be used, not only have we improved our business practices but our PMO has gained valuable insight into important aspects of the business that were previously siloed.

The fact that Mavenlink actually continues to improve its platform based on user feedback is a massive plus, as new functionality becomes available to better utilize the platform.

There are some small (very small in most cases) problems we have with some functionality i.e. the naming/categorization of metrics in the reporting suite could be clearer, when approving/rejecting timesheets, adding a comment to a specific entry would be preferable, rather than the comment being published to all entries.

WorkflowMax und Adobe Workfront

Warum Mavenlink gewählt wurde

Budgetary reasons mainly but we also needed a platform that would allow us to manage resources more efficiently as well.

Adobe Workfront

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mavenlink

Fitted to our budget and offered functionality we saw as essential to resource management.
Val H.

One Source of Information

Bewertet am 16.12.2020

Mavenlink has been great to work with from conversion to ongoing support.

Mavenlink enables us to know the workload of our teams and Ike projects on schedule and within budget.

I wish the reporting was easier so that more users could work in it.

Wrike und Workamajig

Needed more functionality

Basecamp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mavenlink

Evaluated systems against goals developed by product review team.
Matt C.

Project Management Office

Bewertet am 26.7.2021

The transparency Mavenlink has provided is very good for the project managers in my company. We are able to clearly see which resources are being utilized, over-utilized and allocate them properly. It also has made tracking hours and invoicing much easier with a relatively easy workflow.

A large component of Mavenlink for Project Management surrounds resource allocation and time tracking. We have been able to transition utilizing the two features above relatively seamlessly.

There is a very steep learning curve with this software. A lot of the workflows and insights are not necessarily user friendly or have a low barrier to entry. There will need to be a LOT of time dedicated by the end users (in my case the PM's) in order to get the system running correctly and accurately.

Kevin C.

Too complicated time entry

Bewertet am 2.11.2021

Too complicated as an end user just trying to get my time entered.

There's a lot of functionality at the higher up space

As a user who enters their time the time entry screen is an extremely overcomplicated experience.

It should be as simple as picking a project, sub-code and then entering time. My experience so far is vastly overcomplicated with different places and ways to enter it. I came from using harvest to track time and their weekly view with a row of the project and code i use frequently is most excellent.

Dayna W.

Great tool

Bewertet am 2.11.2021

We are able to forecast and utilize our team's time in one place that everyone has access to. It helps us to have a single place to find jobs, tasks, projects, and track our hours.

Ability to track hours, tasks, and projects at a high-level view. I like how this tool helps our team on track and on the task in our virtual environment.

Downtime, site errors, slow load times and site crashing

Abhishek K.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Efficient and easy to use project, timesheet and allocation management tool

Bewertet am 9.10.2021

The overall experience of using mavenlink has been outstanding. Timesheet and project management has never been easier. The resource and allocation management are charm and a time-saver.

* Resource Allocation features
* Billing/non-billing time tracking and monitoring
* Timesheet management features
* Workflow management
* Report and Analytics features
* Customer support

Not much of a con, but ease of use is something that could be improved. In our organization also, we give a small session to any new mavenlink user before onboarding them on the software

Stefano A.
  • Untern. Größe: 501-1 000 Mitarbeiter

The Ultimate Services & Operations Management Software

Bewertet am 25.4.2019

The only way to describe this would be "It has been and still is fun to work with". It's a great piece of software, and once you get used to its logic you will be able to do great things - and by great things I mean measure exactly how much you sell your services for and how much resources you are actually using.
This, plus see employee performance, project performance, you can create custom fields to cover for any special requirement.

- Integrations and API - An excellent Salesforce bridge is available and can be fully customised (if you know Java!). You also get other connectors for Jira, Slack, and an API that allows you to do virtually anything.

- Integrated GoodData reporting - If you are technical enough you can improve your workflows by adding custom fields and creating custom metrics. I used this solution to monitor the performances of the entire Professional Services team at Emarsys.

- The software itself is essentially like Microsoft Project but online and with conversations & invoices generation - you can manage anything from a very small and basic project to a massive 2 years project thanks to the versatile task management interface. GANTT charts are available and, of course, if you know how to use GoodData you can dig even further into the project reports.

- Resourcing wise it has a Master Planning tool which looks a bit like Resource Guru but completely integrated with the software, so you are really buying the full package with Mavenlink.

I believe the biggest flaw in Mavenlink is the absence of a "real" administrator. Essentially, you can be an admin but if a project is set to "Invitation only" you cannot join it unless someone invites you.

So being a Mavenlink admin is not like being a Jira admin where you can do anything you want, you are more of a "open projects administrator".

The workaround is to have an integration user creating the projects and a good integration with your CRM that allows you to update fields that would be otherwise not accessible.
Mind that you can still remove the integration user from the project, and at that point the only way to re-enter the project is to ask the project lead to invite you.
This should clear any security concerns, if your projects require extreme privacy.

Thomas H.
  • Branche: Internet
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

So, yeah, you could call me an evangelist

Bewertet am 24.3.2017

We implemented Mavenlink specifically to disabuse our organization of several disparate systems we were using for tracking time, task-level project management, and reporting on specific measurements/metrics like utilization, margin and capacity saturation so that we could improve operational efficiencies. We've found that the tool is very flexible, has some great native reporting capabilities that become exceptional when coupled with the Business Insights add-on, it integrates well to SalesForce, it has given us a much better ability to manage projects for clients as well as internal product development projects, and it provides us with much better capabilities toward planning organizational growth and managing to margin at the business unit level down to the project level. While there are still some glitches/issues with the Gantt views, and there are still things we wish it did better, Mavenlink has proven itself to be an exceptionally valuable (and very cost-effective) management tool; the company is consistently providing updates that are meaningful and adding value with subsequent releases that clearly indicate a willingness to listen to the voice of the customer in new feature requests. Overall, I'm personally very impressed with the software, given my team's requirements and unique operational environment.

Flexible, provides the ability to set up multiple templates for different types of projects, supports T&M and Fixed Fee contract types, integrates to SalesForce, provides multiple views toward project status, continually adding new features and capabilities

Gantt charts are still in need of a lot of work and help. Still buggy, no user-defined view preferences can be saved.

Kendra S.
  • Branche: Internet

Great Project Management Tool

Bewertet am 20.2.2017

We've been using MavenLink for over a year now and we are constantly learning new and better ways to utilise all the tools it has to offer. We use it as our core method of communication with our clients, it helps to have all the information in one place. The Time tracking tool is easy to use and we are hoping to take full advantage of the Resource Allocation and Gantt chart in the near future

- So many options and ways to customise each feature
- Time tracking tool is very easy to use, our team prefers it over what we have had in the past
- Custom reporting, especially weekly project reports, have upped our client communication game. Our Clients appreciate the extra level of transparency and it has helped us prevent a lot of surprises when the invoice is sent out.
- Resource Allocation and Gantt chart really help when it comes to Project Planning.

- It's really difficult to see WHO is responsible for a task if multiple people are assigned to it. This is a problem when you are looking at a project and want to see who is responsible for what from 30,000 feet. Instead, you need to go to that specific task and read through the comments to see where it stands. There are a few workarounds for it, but then all involved extra work and monitoring to make sure everyone using the system is doing so correctly.
- There doesn't seem to be a way to edit a comment once you post it
- You can't customise the status options for the different tasks, so something is either in progress, not started, needs information, or completed. It doesn't really let you customise it to follow your workflows.

• Untern. Größe: 1 001-5 000 Mitarbeiter

Outstanding solution for our entire workforce

Bewertet am 29.12.2020

The overall experience from the get go was very positive, as we started the onboarding process and conducted internal training where I was able to get a lot of great feedback from my coworkers about how they find the ease of use and how they like the online product training catalog that is available.

I am able to view tasks for current projects, track upcoming projects, add notes and tag team members easily in a very organized way that allows me to save time and resources on a regular basis. My coworkers who I interface with closely have had a similar positive experience and I cannot recommend it enough.

The ability to customize what is viewable and editable in the main menu ( such as projects, tasks, insights) based on user permissions would make it easier tailor the overall product experience to our teams needs.

Basecamp

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mavenlink

Mavenlink stood out based on how robust and intuitive it is and how its able to track project activities seamlessly without having to switch between different menus, product views and dashboards within the solution.
Ben W.
  • Untern. Größe: 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Achieve that 30,000 ft view!

Bewertet am 10.4.2017

I have been using Mavenlink as the primary account administrator for two different companies over the course of four years. The suite has proven to be an integral tool in my everyday professional life within the Marketing industry. It allows my teams to see only what they need to primarily be involved with for any particular day and clears away other clutter they may not be associated with. However, most importantly, it allows many different views when it comes to upcoming work capacity and profitability. This is the feature we were primarily after when signing up for Mavenlink. The instant-update gantt charts allow us to see both all of our current projects and each individual project. This, in addition to the robust resource management tools that are constantly being improved, as enabled our Production team to kick project input and scheduling into overdrive! Our Copy and Design teams love the real-time proofing module as well. The comparison tools are really slick.

Depth of data analysis and business intelligence, gantt charts, deep task detail options, resource scheduling tools, built-in expense and budget tracking

There is an intermediate learning curve and may come across as immediately complex to the uninitiated creative. However, 10-15 minutes of poking around and taking advantage of the learning tools and startup tutorials offered by Mavenlink's stellar customer service program will address this minor concern. Mavenlink is a fantastically powerful information source, and with that power comes some proper approach and learning. It's all intuitive, though!

Rosie A.

Software Implementation Process with Mavenlink

Bewertet am 9.8.2016

We have only been using Mavenlink for a little over 3 month and have already started to see visibility and transparency across the organisation. Mavenlink Insights and analytics reports provide the company with a holistic view of all projects and accounts. We are now easily able to identity project metrics and figures without all of the manual collation and reconciliation which takes an enormous amount of time.
Mavenlink have been extremely helpful and accommodating to get us to this point with help of the guys from the MavenOps Program. The 3 months of MavenOps has been fantastic as the team who have been working with us are always willing to help and offer suggestions. Mavenlink were very responsive to our requirements and always willing to help and provide alternate solutions or workarounds if system could meet the requirements.
Additionally MavenOps were very quick at turning around reports that we requested. The reports were completely customised to our needs. If a feature could not be achieved the company can submit a "feature request" which means there is a chance that feature can be built later down the track.
Mavenlinks 24/7 chat support has also been fantastic in helping the wider organisation with any questions.
Overall the software is great but the level of support really helps to lift the product and the overall engagement.

Given we are an Australian based company there are a few things within the software which are set for the US, for example the date is in the wrong sequence and data refreshes happen at awkward times. These are only minor and don't stop us from achieving our main objectives. It would be helpful to have a little more control over these settings.
It would be also good for Super Admin users to have a greater level of visibility. At present even admin need to be invited to a project to view the tasks and approve time etc. It would be helpful for Super Admin users to have this level of visibility with having to rely on a project lead to invite them to a project.

Tristan D.

Our Next-Generation Project Management Tool

Bewertet am 12.9.2018

Our overall experience has been wonderful over the past few years. We were able to enable our PM team to become more metrics and data-driven, expanding their capabilities. Change Orders are a big business process that we solved by using Mavenlink. Approval and communication have been GREATLY streamlined! Before, we were managing change orders through written communication and supporting documentation, but now we are able to have the discussion in project meetings, then pass through the Change Order approval as a budget change and there is an affirmative action on their part. It's great!

The activity dashboard is the best part of Mavenlink. A feed that allows you to keep track of official communications and notes is perfect, plus it keeps clients involved. The API is also very strong and allows us to generate reports FAR beyond what is offered by Mavenlink. Our ability to manage projects and people has greatly increased due to the features that have been implemented since we switched to Mavenlink.

The Gantt chart needs a lot of work. The interface is slow and clunky, plus it is not a great view for the executives and sponsors, visually speaking. The purpose of this chart is not really to "manage" the project, but instead show a high level overview of everything. There is currently no great way to show this to execs and sponsors. There needs to be a better mobile experience as well. We need a fully functional way to log time, complete tasks, post activity and generally manage projects from Android and iOS.

Jessica H.
  • Branche: Grafikdesign

Mavenlink for small business!

Bewertet am 29.1.2015

Coming from a large tech company, we built most of our project applications in house. After starting with a small business back in November, I spent my first couple of weeks finding the right tool to fit the projects that we manage. Most of the tools we found had something we liked and a lot that was overkill for a small company like us. Mavenlink has several product offerings that cater to different-sized businesses. For example, a lot of other products have an 'enterprise edition' that is expensive for only 3-5 users and is overkill (employee timesheets, etc), however, if we were to downgrade to their lower edition we would lose project essential tools like time-tracking and budget management. Mavenlink's 'professional' offering has everything we need aside from an appointment calendar. However it does integrate with my Google calendar! As a small company, we are able to assign out tasks and see where the project stands at every moment with budget tracking, time tracking, and current priority. Their chat support is also very helpful.

The fact that you cannot pay month-to-month and have to commit to a year is a bit disheartening for a small company, but we spent lots of time trying it out to make sure it's what we wanted and it has been great so far.

I was also disappointed/ confused on the way their users work. You pay for a set amount of users, however, you can add outside users to individual projects as a part of the company and they have access to track time, etc. When we asked support about this they seemed very confused and told us we'd have to pay for more users so we stopped doing that. However, I don't think we'd actually be charged if we did it that way since those 'users' on individual projects don't show up under the user management section.

Kaneesha S.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A tool that encompasses meany features and functions

Bewertet am 9.9.2020

It's a work in progress, there's a world in Mavenlink still to discover and we're hoping to get there one day! It's still one of the best tools out there, in comparison

The product is easy to use, and it provides capabilities that with the right onboarder, can implement the tool strategically into the company, to meet the companies needs.

With a tool this sophicasticated I think the integration team could provide more support, without a cost attached to it. With the price tag, the team is forced to learn it and integrate it themselves which in turn results in improper use of the tool.

Project management function, it's tedious and doesn't provide the support needed. There is room for improvement here.

Daniel M.
  • Untern. Größe: 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Software well tailored for our business needs

Bewertet am 3.11.2021

Overall, the experience is become better and better. I'd say the UI still has some usability issues.

Great master planning for resources and allocations.

Two biggest pet peeves are the following:
1. It's irritating that you must delete a recreate a time entry if you enter it on the wrong day of the week on the Timesheets view. Should be able to just change the date of the entry. Other similar software allows this.
2. On Master Planning, I want to see how many hours are represented in the allocation every week not just how many hours by percentage across the span of weeks the allocation runs. This make it hard to determine quickly how many hours the resource has for each allocation for that week.

• Untern. Größe: 2-10 Mitarbeiter

WRIKE to MAVENLINK USER

Bewertet am 25.10.2016

Used Wrike for ~8 months and moved to Mavenlink over a year ago. In write you can't track time and expenses. The wrike issue tracking isn't great too.

Before moving to Mavenlink, I looked at ~12+ project management tools. It's a pain to move platforms. So we didn't want to make the wrong move. There are so many tools out there. For us, a big priority was being able to track time and projects all in one place. Mavenlink does that and more. It's an awesome tool esp. for design teams and if a lot of your team is virtual.

- Time tracking integration. Don't have to use a third party tool.
- Smart project task management.
- Easy to track if "to do" is a "task" or an "issue" (very helpful for website projects where you have a TON of issues to deal with).
- Easy to move tasks around and see the overall items you're working on.
- Google docs integration.
- You can track conversations all in one feed-- on more email.
- You can respond via email.

- So many features. I don't use all of them.
- They add on cool features... but want you to pay for them.
- Expensive -- but worth it when you're managing a team and don't want to login to a ton of applications.
- No dropbox integration.
- Takes awhile to get used too.
- You can't rename the issue or task items. For example, sometimes I want to change the status title from "needs info" to "client review" -- and I can't edit the status (I could do this in Wrike).

Andy H.

Getting better

Bewertet am 22.9.2020

Nice tool with powerful reporting that needs significant improvement on usability.

Robust reporting, integration to NetSuite, hierarchical team management, Activity feed

Ease of use needs significant improvement. Needs user configurable workflows and fields. User roles and security have no flexibility. Interface and reporting designed by someone who never has to use the application to run their day.

Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Adobe Workfront und Zoho Projects

Integration to NetSuite

Adobe Workfront

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Mavenlink

Integration to NetSuite. Easy to use time entry. budget and profitability reporting.
Mackenzie P.
  • Branche: Öffentlichkeitsarbeit und Kommunikation

A steep learning curve

Bewertet am 8.8.2019

Mavenlink is not a bad service. it does keep everything you need to manage a project in one place, as well as help you track hours spent on various tasks within projects and organize a timeline. It is somewhat difficult to use and difficult to learn how to use - I don't find it very user friendly or intuitive. I'm still getting over this learning curve, since I'm new to using the software, and will likely find that it becomes easier over time. At least I really hope it does.

Mavenlink is a great way to keep track of everything you need for multiple projects across various areas. Budget burn is clear to see, it's easy enough to add and message people on a project. Easy enough to track time, develop timelines, break projects down into tasks, etc. Good for very type A people who like to extremely organize everything.

It creates a lot of work for project managers. A lot goes into designing a project and filling it out, which is very time consuming. There is also a steep learning curve, especially if you are adapting to Mavenlink after being used to different systems. The trainings were somewhat helpful, but long, boring and repetitive. While it does keep everything in one place, it is difficult to adapt to using it where you would have used email, Skype messenger, google docs, etc. especially if you're working with colleagues who are not so technologically savvy.

Sara F.

Mavenlink feedback

Bewertet am 25.9.2020

The reporting and overview of the project is very helpful. .I also like how you can budget towards individual tasks/milestones. It's also good to see an overview of staff's availability and schedule them on specific days for projects.

It's very frustrating when you need to allocated in the same amount of time per user across a long period. You have to go in individually to each week to add that time. When you have to do this for multiple users across different projects, it takes a lot of time!!! Should be able to do a recurring staffing - define the time period, how many hrs for which user and project.
If there are changes to hrs or staffing for a project, you then have to go in and change across the board - should be able to change that recurring staffing to a different number/person

Gene C.
  • Branche: Tiefbau
  • Untern. Größe: 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Mavenlink is a useful tool

Good

Customization of task lists, project fields, etc.

Gantt Schedule (hard to display), Reporting (albeit powerful, application for creating reports is not user-friendly in the slightest)

Asana