Marketo Engage Erfahrungen

Cameron
Cameron
  • Branche: Internet
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Can't go wrong with the best MAP - but you need to spend time getting it how you like it

Bewertet am 28.7.2020

I've been using Marketo for over 2 years and have managed multiple instances, including implementing a new one. It's been great to learn and use. I came from HubSpot and although I loved HubSpot, it was limited in it's capabilities because things are locked down to look "pretty" and work more out-of-the-box. What I say is Marketo is for the "big kids"/enterprise/B2B market and HubSpot is more for the SMB market. Marketo also does well integrating with Salesforce, whereas HubSpot's API integration is very locked down and limited.

What can't Marketo do? Not much! It's the be-all-do-all tool. Tons of features and customization, integrations and functionality.

If you are looking for a "pretty" software, don't look here. The interface is dated and harder to navigate if you don't know what you are doing. I always tell people that "Marketo is UGLY, but it's POWERFUL."
What it trades for looks, it makes up for in functionality and customizations.

• Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very powerful, not the most user-friendly tool out there.

Bewertet am 6.1.2023

We rolled it out 3 years ago and have been very happy with it. There's been some frustration in the business at the turn-around time on Marketing Ops requests, but that's more of a staffing issue and because of the fact that it's not very easy for an end user to just jump in and setup a campaign on their own. If you have good permissions management, use of templates, and at least some experienced admin support it can be an extremely powerful and effective tool. It's not for the faint of heart.

It is extremely powerful. But as Spider-Man says, with great power comes great responsibility. You definitely want someone who knows what they're doing managing this thing.

Relatively high cost of ownership. I'd suggest it's best for enterprises or marketing requirements that call for very sophisticated automation. It's not easy for end users to do much self-service, so you'll definitely need an admin with experience. And depending on your workload one or multiple ops specialists up to an entire team.

HubSpot CRM

Warum Marketo Engage gewählt wurde

We felt we needed more flexible automation options as well as better integration with Salesforce.com.

Zuvor genutzte Software

Drip

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Marketo Engage

For the flexibility and power of the platform. We also had operators who were more comfortable with the platform.
  • Branche: Halbleiter

Marketo is a beast

Bewertet am 3.1.2020

It’s been really hard to learn everything but I’m starting to feel a little more confident.

Marketo has the ability to do so many things which is a pro and con. It takes a while to get the hang of things but Marketo can really make this happen for your company.

I wish Marketo was more visual. It’s sometimes hard to get from start to finish on a project without realizing how you May be affecting other campaigns and lead funnels.

HubSpot CRM

Price and training
Wanjiru
  • Branche: Bildungsmanagement
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

All in one marketing management solution

Bewertet am 25.2.2024

Managing marketing and tracking marketing analytics with an all in one solution

Managing marketing and tracking marketing analytics with an all in one solution

I like the easy to use solution which ensures marketing automation is possible and its easy to track marketing analytics

The only issue is the delay in responsiveness from the customer support at times.

Jose Manuel
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Email marketing with a wide array of versatile features.

Bewertet am 7.12.2023

When it came to selecting an email marketing platform, I was seeking more extensive options than what Mailchimp provided. A colleague of mine recommended Marketo Engage due to its expansive feature set and capabilities. He was right.

Marketo Engage serves as a robust asset in your email marketing arsenal, offering a wide array of versatile features.

Jon
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 2 Jahre genutzt

Marketo - great software for demand generation

Bewertet am 17.12.2019

We implement and optimize Marketo (and several other platforms) on behalf of our clients and have found Marketo a scalable solution for b2b companies with more than 100 employees. Anything less employee wise requires a lesser tool. This is the best tool for the mid-market segment in our experiences.

1. Ease of use
2. Drip campaigns triggered on behaviors of leads
3. Lead management (inquiry to close)
4. Ubiquitous in the 100-1000 employee segment, SaaS business

1. Customer support lacks
2. New feature functionality is questionable in the 2015-2018 vintage (pre-adobe) - eg Sky doesn't work as one example
3. Limitations on API use
4. Mobile responsive templates are not mobile responsive!
5. Anything account based related

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Marketo Engage

Most flexible, best integration, best deliverability, best feature functionality - scales the best.
Marlyn
Marlyn
  • Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Marketeo engage – improve your customer engagement

Bewertet am 31.10.2023

What I like most is its marketing automation feature, which streamlines our email campaigns and allows for in depth customer analysis. This means we can provide personalized content to each user, ensuring effective communication.

I've been using Marketo Engage and it's been helpful for our email campaigns. This platform offers a variety of tools to properly target our audience, create emails with visually attractive landing pages and analyze the results of the campaign, this gives us a better visualization of performance. The best part is that it is quite intuitive, making it accessible to both new and advanced users.

The cost can be high, which could be a concern for smaller businesses. Additionally, the wide range of features can be a bit daunting for newcomers as it takes some time to learn and get used to.

James
James
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I used Marketo for over a year and it was not very user friendly

Bewertet am 25.7.2018

Marketo seems like it is a good option for large companies and developers. We successfully ran webinars through the automation functionality and thought their support staff were nice.

Compared to the CMS I am using now, Marketo is very cumbersome and archaic. Marketo was very hard to get up and running on. It is very difficult to find user help articles when you need to find out how to do something. Much of the content is supplied by Marketo users rather than the company itself and ends up being very technical and hard to understand for anyone outside of being a developer. If you are new to marketing automation, I would not recommend this product.

• Branche: Informationstechnologie & -dienste
  • Unternehmensgröße: 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Powerful but steep learning curve

Bewertet am 31.8.2023

Salesforce sync is more robust and configurable than hubspot. Ability to assign period costs to marketing campaigns

The interface for a full featured product is very complicated. UI could be improved with quick wins streamlined ui

Billie
  • Monatlich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Great software, confusing to set up

Bewertet am 29.3.2024

It’s a great software once you learn how to set it up however that will likely be difficult.

It’s a great software, lots of features

It was extremely confusing to set up and learn

Ed
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Marketo is the Gold Standard of Marketing CRMs in the marketplace!!

Bewertet am 5.5.2022

My experience with Marketo has been amazing from the sales rep, our implementation specialist, support department and our CSM went over and beyond to make sure we were getting the most value out of the platform.

I love the deep native integration with Salesforce that allows us to sync data and both company and contact records to communicate through marketing and sync up with our account based marketing campaigns and enabling sales to follow up at the exact right time based on lead scoring and actions take by prospect when consuming our content we deliver in the form of email opens, email clicks and % video views with the amazing integration with Wistia. The Strategies you can deploy are only limited by your creativity as a marketer and sales architect and revenue officer at your company and I absolutely love Marketo!!

The platform is very robust and takes learning and using it and clearly understand best practices through executional experience running campaigns and this takes an investment of time and it's absolutely worth it and the return on that time investment is the most important revenue driver in our company when combining the power of your sales reps and your sales enablement tool in your tech stack!!

Warum Marketo Engage gewählt wurde

We had to connect Infusionsoft with a 3rd party integration platform that had built a custom integration and it was a significant monthly investment and Infustionsoft is an inferior platform compared to Marketo Engage. It was a no brainer to make the switch.

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Marketo Engage

Marketo offers an agency level account allowing us to connect our clients Salesforce with a license of Marketo under our single Agency level account with Marketo Engage which allows us to provide marketing services along with our sales services, aligning both and providing maximum return on our clients investment working with us and a win/win for everyone. Also, Marketo doesn't try and be everything to everybody, they set the standard for marketing CRMs and have an excellent, deep integration with Salesforce and other platforms just didn't match up in comparison.
  • Branche: Essen & Trinken

OMG! Best Software for Email Automation

Bewertet am 14.9.2022

My overall experience on Adobe Marketo was wonderful. I'm still using this software for email automation and social media marketing.

One of my company employee suggest me this Adobe Marketo software for email automation and social media marketing. After using it, i found that this software is very helpful for email automation, email marketing, social media marketing, B2B marketing etc. It creates very engaging and responsive emails. Overall, i personally suggest that it's a brilliant software for email automation and social media marketing emails.

Adobe Marketo is not available for desktop Mac, desktop linex, and desktop chrome book. It has no free trail and free version before purchasing it. I personally felt that, there should be a atleast three days free trail for beginners.

Austin
  • Branche: Unternehmensberatung

Best-in-class Marketing Automation Solution

Bewertet am 6.6.2017

Marketo is the "Porsche with a manual transmission" of marketing automation platforms. It's full of cool features and is incredibly powerful. The strengths: 1) Workflow flexibility that is unmatched by other platforms. Building complex data management, lead scoring, and organizational processes (such as lead routing) is very achievable in Marketo. They basically give you every function they can possibly code and let their customers piece them together as they like (more on this in #7). 2) The engagement programs, primarily meant for lead nurturing, are truly best-in-class. It's a little bit of an adjustment at first, but it really simplifies complex nurturing tracks and saves marketers from putting prospects into multiple tracks at once (which happens more than most admit) 3) The vision is impressive. Marketo has a clear, long-term vision that they continually deliver on. Examples being advances in personalization, ABM, ect. I'd bet on them to lead the way (or buy the way via Vista ) to whatever is next in marketing automation, such as AI or machine learning.

I love Marketo. But, there are some things I don't love. 1) The landing page builder has made improvements but still, leaves some to be desired. Unless a template available for import matches what you'd like to do, you pretty much have to hire a developer to build your templates. 2) The reporting is somewhat overhyped. They REALLY sell revenue cycle analytics, but in reality, it's tough to implement and even tougher to accurately maintain. Since data is essentially timestamped and not stored in an external record (i.e. like Salesforce has for a campaign member), if you mess it up, you're SOL. Marketo's advice to me was "don't mess up."

Jared
Jared
  • Branche: Maschinerie
  • Unternehmensgröße: 10 000+ Mitarbeiter

Marketing strategies with great impact on our sales.

Bewertet am 3.3.2023

Marketo Engage has allowed us to automate the different advertising campaigns focusing on the different needs of our clients, we have improved the acquisition of new clients and increased sales, we have been using it for 3 years and we have intensified the positive results with great automation in marketing campaigns.

Marketo Engage is easy to understand software, I really like being able to devise different marketing strategies by segmentation, marketing campaigns are automated, which generates productivity and a greater increase in sales and customers. The collection of customer data is very effective, since based on that we can devise better advertising campaigns and adapt to the needs of customers, it is a highly customizable software.

The price is a drawback for small businesses, but it is the best software to improve marketing strategies in the short term. For large companies, price is not an issue. Marketo Engage capabilities positively increase sales and customers.

Marek
  • Wöchentlich für 6-12 Monate genutzt

Marketo Engage Review

Bewertet am 23.5.2023

Overall, my experience with Marketo Engage was good. The platform provided a comprehensive suite of marketing automation tools that helped me streamline and optimize my marketing efforts. The ability to create personalized and targeted campaigns, coupled with in-depth analytics, allowed me to drive meaningful engagement with my audience. While there was a learning curve and the pricing could be a potential hurdle for some businesses, my overall experience with Marketo Engage was successful. It proved to be a valuable asset in enhancing my marketing strategies and achieving measurable results.

One of the things I liked most about Marketo Engage was its comprehensive set of marketing automation features. It offered robust tools for creating and managing marketing campaigns, including email marketing, lead nurturing, and customer segmentation. The ability to automate workflows and personalize content based on customer behavior was highly beneficial. The platform also provided detailed analytics and reporting, allowing me to measure the effectiveness of my campaigns and make data-driven decisions. Overall, Marketo Engage empowered me to deliver targeted and engaging marketing experiences to my audience.

While Marketo Engage had many strengths, one aspect I liked least was the learning curve associated with the platform. As a powerful marketing automation tool, it required some time and effort to fully understand and utilize its capabilities. The initial setup and configuration process could be complex, especially for users with limited technical expertise. Additionally, the pricing structure of Marketo Engage could be quite high, which might be a drawback for small businesses with limited marketing budgets.

Cynthia

Marketo's Automation Mastery and Lead Management Excellence

Bewertet am 15.1.2024

We can develop focused and interesting campaigns thanks to its personalisation features, which greatly raises customer engagement.

The comprehensive lead tracking and scoring solution provided by Marketo's lead management capabilities is exceptional. Our campaigns can be customised based on the unique behaviours and preferences of each customer thanks to Marketo's personalisation features, which produce more relevant and engaging relationships.

Its campaign cloning options are not very flexible, particularly when duplicating more complex campaigns with different assets and setups.

Louis
  • Branche: Computer-Hardware
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Our team has found Marketo an essential tool to organize and to optimize new customer...

Bewertet am 26.9.2019

Our review focused on the process of discovery relative to our website and front line presentations to the market prospect visitors. However , Marketo Software covers the complete spectrum of marketing and prospect lead generation. Its almost intelligent interaction with prospects allows our team great confidence in engaging and in capturing quality leads.

We loved the Marketo's ability to rate and analyze our web pages and in addition to recommend tactics to boost our site's search ability. This is a vital feature specification on the marketing side. This task is accomplished through their easy to use user interface and dashboard which can report the necessity to upgrade target key search words and title tags. We also employ Marketo's ability to collect information from prospective visitors to our site and with its tools which customize the visitors experience based the application's unique reaction to visitor company size and industry sector as well as inquiry behavior while interacting.

We hoped the customer service hours to be more robust and available as we work late hours and over seas times. This is a small complaint in the over all scheme and we rate Marketo as a fine product . The online support resources are helpful.

Mark
  • Branche: Schreiben & Editieren
  • Täglich für Kostenlose Testversion genutzt

Self sufficient automation

Bewertet am 21.3.2023

Overall Marketo Engage has helped enhance my advertising greatly. The value the software brings in its ability to essentially run self- automated is invaluable, saving time and targeting the advertisement in a way that is far more efficient than manual work.

Marketo Engage is your run of the mill advertisement automation service. Marketo Engage also implements AI and allows for extensive use of AI when marketing. This feature is rare in this genre of advertising and helps stand Marketo Engage from its competitors, as will it help your product be advertised in its own unique and memorable way. The AI also helps targets aspects of advertising it considers needs improving and is capable of learning as it goes along, spotting customer trends and clickthrough rate trends. The analytics Marketo can offer also mirror conventional analytics with clickthrough rate and overall views being shown in a clear and simple way for manual improvements to advertising.

Marketo Engage excels in its AI component. As a result, it is necessary to give the application time to acclimatise to your advertisement style and efficacy. The AI does work best after around 1-2 weeks and so you may not see many effects before then. In order to get the best efficiency, it is also recommended that you use a wide range of Adobe products which could require some business restructuring.

Rares
  • Branche: Gastgewerbe
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Powerful marketing automation tool with a wide range of capabilities

Bewertet am 11.3.2023

Definitely the wide range of features. From lead scoring and nurturing to email marketing, to hosting webinars, creating landing pages, and using forms, the platform has everything we need to execute complex campaigns and track our results. Integrations with a wide range of platforms and marketing tools are also a strong point of Marketo.

I feel that there is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to using the platform. It's not the most intuitive system and it can take some time to get the hang of all the different tools and settings. Also, the user interface and some of the functionalities seem to be a bit old or outdated. The reporting section seems a bit complex and difficult to use. Difficult to keep the database healthy due to syncing errors with our CRM.

Vincent
  • Unternehmensgröße: 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The most complete and powerful marketing automation software!

Bewertet am 12.1.2023

I use marketo as a consultant and I help and train my clients to get the best out of it. The tool is hard to use as the user interface is difficult to comprehend and take on on your own, but once you've got the proper training, the possibilities that the tool offer are endless! The greatest perk is probably the ability to integrate marketo with almost any other software, which really opens the possibilities and the variety of campaigns we can do as marketers, as well as tracking all our marketing performances.

What I like most is the ability to create any marketing scenario with the freedom that marketo gives us in terms of automation. Also the ability to connect and integrate almost any tool with marketo, as well as the native Marketo-Salesforce CRM synchronisation.

The user interface is quite difficult to take on on our own, and professional training is needed/recommended.

• Branche: E-Learning
  • Unternehmensgröße: 1 001–5 000 Mitarbeiter

Easy and effective saas marketing

Bewertet am 19.2.2022

Honestly, it’s great. Most of my colleagues agree it’s very streamlined and intuitive!

I love how it’s all of the necessary tools for data collection and customer engagement in one place. The workflow is extremely easy to follow as well. Also, the setup was quick; so we were off and running quicker than I expected.

I would say that the reporting would be the biggest drawback. Honestly, it meets our needs. However if we needed more detailed analytics, we might hit a few snags.

Zoho CRM
norah

Not intuitive

Bewertet am 27.6.2017

If you're a power email marketer, and use SFDC as your primary CRM, Marketo is not for you.

Feature rich, lots of functionality, decent reporting. You don't have to know HTML to have a decent email template,

While its feature rich, its very complicated to use. Not very intuitive when doing campaign creation, segmentation, reporting, tokens, forms - basically anything! The UI is slow and clunky and also not intuitive. Setting up multi tiered campaigns (especially webinars) and nurture streams (which is apparently a core strength) were extremely time consuming. Support is horrible. This system MAY be okay if you have a team of highly sophisticated Marketo ops people on staff to get through it, otherwise, consider other alternatives. i have ripped and replaced Marketo 2x with Pardot and couldn't be happier.

Zack
  • Branche: Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung
  • Unternehmensgröße: 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Multiple Layers of Useful Features, Steep Learning Curve, Ultimately Worth the Price

Bewertet am 9.11.2017

I am in the non-profit space, which generally has too few staff trying to do too many things. When used properly, Marketo increases our capabilities beyond what any of us alone could accomplish through a typical email-blast service. That being said, it takes discipline, time, and maybe even a dedicated personnel resource (internal or external) to get it up and running where it begin to really serve your organization's needs.

- Options for Customization of Automation Campaigns and Landing Pages
- Extensive Analytical Tools
- "The Sky's the Limit" on how much your marketing team can do with this tool

- The Email Editor is difficult to use, in my opinion. But if you are comfortable with writing HTML code, you can bypass the drag-and-drop editor. Also, it may not be any more difficult than any other option (I don't have a wide exposure to email builders).
- The learning curve on the whole is steep. If you don't have a dedicated marketing staff person, you may be frustrated by how much time you need to set aside to learn how to use the various tools. But their documentation resources and training tools are very helpful.
- You have to pay extra for full-service tech support.

Julia
  • Unternehmensgröße: 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Marketing Automation leader, how can you exist without it?

Bewertet am 21.6.2019

We use Marketo to promote all of our content team's materials, promote and track conference and registrations and integrate it across a variety of platforms (Salesforce, Cvent, Outgrow, etc.).

It's super flexible and can accommodate just about any marketing automation request I receive. I've been using it for a couple years now and have made hundreds of programs to send emails, create landing pages, gate content, monitor and implement events registration and once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze. The learning curve can feel a little steep at times, but their in-person onboarding is a welcome training.

I feel like they've grown so much that their CSMs can't keep up. Our last one rarely knew the answers to our questions and would push us to support all the time. Support usually could solve our problems, but they take a little longer to respond (about a day). If you can live with that, then you're golden.

Steven
Steven
  • Unternehmensgröße: 501–1 000 Mitarbeiter
  • Wöchentlich für Mehr als 1 Jahr genutzt

First platform for marketing automation

Bewertet am 28.5.2019

When we used Marketo it was functional for what we were looking for but also a bit sterile. There also seemed to be a level of IT knowledge needed to use the software effectively. Overall though, we were able to distribute targeted email blasts and the analytic and reporting portions of Marketo were very helpful in analyzing the data.

The software allowed us to easily collect information, group it and send out targeted marketing blasts to the recipients. The drag and drop interface worked very well and allowed us to implement some logic into the queries we ran to extract the data. We were also able to schedule email blasts so that we did not send out too many at one time overloading our targeted audiences.

When we first used Marketo we sometimes had issues with URLs working correctly when copied into the email templates. Also when the software first came out we felt it was a bit technical where we could not just assign a marketing person to plan, create, and implement an email blast. The marketing person had to work with someone who had an IT background (our product management team at the time was full of such people). This lead to email blasts being done by the product managers or someone else in the product management team.